Cbox
No advertising, and be nice! Not much happening here? Check out our Discord!
pxmBtN.png
Sturt
Flinders
Spencer
Bourke

Narragyambie ☆ PhotographerTecri
23 year old Halfbreed Fairy ☆ She/Her/Hers

Robin sat on the roof of the house looking down at the backyard and her mother’s small garden, almost everything remained as when they acquired the house, an empty pool full of junk, dirt and dead plants, possibly a couple of dead animals too, by now they would be mummified with all the junk there was on the pool, a few dead bushes, a rundown shack, even the front gate was still broken. Perhaps her mother was too superstitious about having the twins around the house and would like most of it to remain the same the woman tried to change as little as she could about the house, scared it would make it dull like all the houses in the neighbourhood.

It had been a really boring day for Robin, today was one of those days where she didn’t go to the reserve nor did she had any projects to work on, it was winter and it was cold and she didn’t like it at all, there was however a little event in Melbourne that she wanted to attend, while she could show off her skills, as a photographer, able to show how rich and amazing animal photography could be, this year she just wanted to enjoy the moment and see what others had to offer, maybe even get a sweet deal on something. Robin only needed to take her camera to photograph the event, while she wasn’t there on work, she still wanted to retain the memories of it, and because her mother wouldn’t be able to attend and would most likely would enjoy watching the photos.

The young redhead quickly arrived in Melbourne. Everything was lovely, there were people on the streets, going in and out of shops and stores, there were even some street performers, she was pretty sure she had seen a metamorphmagus on the corner entertaining the children, someone using magic while a violin played with no one touching it, she was sure the man was doing magic to the sound of it. She also little girl who was perhaps a bit too tall for her age. Robin loved the diversity, everyone was so different and it somehow made her feel at home as she continued to walk through the area, paying attention to everything on display, except where she put her feet.

Melbourne ☆ Musician & Artist, Gallery Cafe Owner★ LilyCat
23 year old Pureblood Human ☆ She/Her

The gallery had - naturally - been very busy with the festival going on in the city, and Arti was more then happy about that fact. She not only had her own images and display, along with being able to perform with her talents at various times, but she was able to promote a lot of other up and coming artists in the community, something that she had set the place up for originally. Once again, more offers for travel had been piling up, another tour that folks wanted her to go on, but she was still trying to work out whether or not to do so just yet. Things were still settling for her after a small scare followed by loss a few months earlier. Not to mention, she didn't want to lose what had been developing in her life over the past year or so. Then again, likelihood was that Sparky would want to travel with her, something which caused her lips to quirk into a small smile while she carried a large box of donuts for the staff back to the gallery.

At least, that had been the intention, before the short woman was practically ran into, though it could have been partially her own fault for having her own mind distracted as well, and the box practically went flying into some other poor unfortunate soul. This was why she really didn't like crowds, and should have chosen to apparate. Being of the small frame as she was, Arti fell over as well, and very quickly tried to get back up before apologising to the man who was hit with the box while she tried to clear up as many of the now spoiled treats as possible, to keep others from stepping on them.

"Sacrebleu! I am so sorry," Artemisia also said to the girl that she had collided with in the first place, while she distractedly picked up the remains of treats that now were wasted, making sure there was nothing left that might cause anyone to slip and fall, before then looking over to the other soul and noticing the camera, quickly thanking goodness that hadn't been damaged in the collision as well. "Everything in one piece?" Arti asked with a raised brow and small hopeful and apologetic smile. This was why she should send one of the tall guys out on the Krispy Kreme runs, especially when the streets were crowded. Short women like herself tended to generally have a bad time. It was just lucky that she was in a good mood today.

It had been one of Robin’s mistakes, not watching where she was walking, she couldn’t also hear which increased the probability of her colliding with someone that didn’t appear in her field of vision. Robin had just turned around from one of the stands when she accidentally collided with someone, who seemed to be carrying a box with something in it. Robin was tall, but she was thin and had little bone density, which caused her to fall onto the ground.

The redhead looked at the person she had collided with, upon having a donut fall on her. It was one of those moments that if her dogs were there the donuts would be gone and both of them would have taken a bath in dog drool. Robin chuckled at the situation before getting up as quickly as she could, she didn’t want anyone to trip on her and fall over, which could be a bigger accident than her falling onto the ground.

She dusted her pants, removed the glossy donut from her hair and with a bit of magic fixed it. There were no muggles around to see what Robin had done. She touched her camera to see if it was broke, but it was in one piece, it was a miracle. “Are you alright Miss?” Robin asked the woman both vocally and in sign language. Not that Robin liked to advertise she was deaf, but in a situation like this she could miss something that the other woman was saying.  

“Yeah, it’s in one piece, thank you. And sorry about the donuts.” Robin looked at the woman with a guilty smile plastered across her face. It had been Robin’s fault after all, she was the one that should have been paying attention to where she was going. But the woman seemed to be fine, seemed to be in one piece at least and the only thing that got ruined seemed to be the donuts. “Can I offer you another box maybe?” Robin’s guilty conscience was showing, she couldn’t help but to feel sad when people didn’t get to eat what they wanted, or what they had bought, assuming those donuts were for the other woman.

No doubt about it, the 4'11 woman was often easy to miss in large crowds, even her own boyfriend who was over six foot had trouble spotting her when we were attending something that was packed. It wasn't uncommon to find herself being tripped over or bumped into, though if she were in a worse mood she'd have been pushing back at people and making it very well known that she was there. Still, she hardly had the heart to be angry over this small accident. It wasn't like she was carrying a precious piece of art work or something, she wouldn't even dare to do that while the streets were like this. It was just Krispy Kremes and it wasn't as though the staff wouldn't survive without them, though she was likely going to send someone else out to grab more anyway. Her head tilted curiously at the use of sign language, but a smile tugged at her lips as she responded in kind once she'd dumped the box into a bin.

"I am fine, thank you," Arti said with an easy smile and a nod, though she studied the girl a little more as she waved off the apology, "No harm done... do I know you?" She was forthcoming with the question on her mind. The other woman looked around her age, and since it was a Wizarding festival, there was a high likelihood that they might have gone to school together for a couple of years. She was offered another box of donuts and shook her head with a polite but amused smile as her hands moved with confidence in the formed words, "No, no, it's alright. I'll just send out one of the staff to get another. Probably someone taller than me." She lifted a hand way above her short height before laughing and then pointing to the gallery across the road: Bewitched and Bewildered.

"That's my gallery cafe there," The young woman pointed out, offering a smile, "Welcome to come take a look. It's open free to the public today, for them to check out local art and listen to local music as well."

The woman seemed alright as she started to talk to Robin. The redhead felt more at ease now knowing that the person was definitely alright. Robin couldn’t stop feeling a little guilty for not paying attention to were she was going, but with all the stands, lights, performers and a bunch of new things she had completely forgotten to pay attention and the place was too crowded, making it hard to notice certain people, like the small person beside her, which was cute in a way.

Robin smiled upon the confirmation that the other person was alright, but the question seemed a bit out of the ordinary. Did Robin know her? Had this woman gone to Tally or to VMU? Have they crossed paths in the past? Robin was almost certain she wouldn’t remember if that was the case. “I don’t know. Do you? I went to Tally, Spencer House and I frequented VMU, maybe from one of those places?” That was the only places she could potentially know the woman from, unless she also liked to visit the reserve, then there is a chance that have crossed path outside of educational facilities. Robin’s face showed a certain degree of confusion, still thinking about how it would be possible for the shorter woman to know her, but it had to be a thought for later. Apparently, the redhead didn’t have to get donuts, she really didn’t mind, but there would be someone else to do it, why should she complain about a situation that favoured her?

She looked over to where the other woman pointed at, she had heard of it, probably never bothered to pay too much attention, if it wasn’t something, she would actively seek out for she didn’t care. “What kind of exhibits you have there? Paintings? Sculptures? Photography?” Only one of those interested Robin, which was photography, but the sound of music was also interesting, unfortunately Robin was deaf. “What kind of music? I mean I won’t be able to hear but at least I’ll get an idea.”

Having dumped the spoiled donuts without too much concern except for the fact that it was wasted food, Arti brushed off her hands before using them to communicate with the girl via sign language as well. Having known how to most of her life, she was fluent in understanding and responding easily enough as would be noticed, suggesting that perhaps there had been someone in her life who had required it as well. She did study the other girl, however, trying to think of where she could place her, she was sure she must have at least seen her, if not spoken to her before.

"I went to Tally as well," Arti responded with a bright grin, "Sturt, graduated in 2013." She explained, perhaps it would trigger something for the other girl as well, but now she was almost certain that school was probably where she must have seen her, "Different crowds perhaps. I'm Artemisia, but you can call me Arti." She offered, before extending her hand forward to the other girl in offer of a handshake greeting. It was always interesting to run into people that she had probably spent a few years going to school with, but had never really known. But then, Arti's group of friends had been rather small, the girl's reputation for having had a bit of a short fuse often keeping a few people at arm's length. Her close friends had known better though... the thought of them causing a small pang that she pushed away.

"All of the above," Was the response to the question of what kinds of exhibits she displayed, "It varies during the course of the year, but I try to keep bits and pieces of all different kinds. I'm a painter myself, though my technique is a little different to most." She grinned a little mysteriously for a moment, before then smiling a little brighter, "A few different kinds. But I also have speakers in the floors as well as the walls, so even if you can't hear it, you'd be likely to be able to at least feel it."

The Sturt’s weren’t her kind of crows, too stiff for their own good, too nerdy like the world was going to end if they didn’t get a perfect score, their weirdly dark humour which Robin did enjoy. Sure, not all Sturt’s were like that, some were alright people, friendly, nice, but it wasn’t the type of crowd Robin used to hangout with. “Probably different crowds, I was friends with most Bouke’s so I used to hang out with them more often and I only graduated on 2014.” Robin never did anything very memorable, at least when it came to prank wise. She did once paint the school with way too many colours to make fun of the other houses, but it was something harmless, easily fixed with magic. “I’m Robin. It’s nice to meet you Arti.” She introduced herself as she took the other woman’s hand. The name didn’t bring any memories of someone with that name, but Robin wasn’t obligated to know everyone’s name.

Robin looked at the young woman with an interested expression about the gallery. She had been on a few and it’s mostly about art or photography, had yet to see one that presented music. Robin couldn’t hear it, but it didn’t stop her from finding the concept interesting. “I do photography, for both wizards and muggles.” She commented as she tapped her camera, with what seemed to be an affectionate one. Photography has been Robin’s love, maybe one day she gets to dedicate herself to her other love, Magical Creatures. “I do mostly freelance jobs, I also take some photos for new flyers for the Reserve in Narrie.” It wasn’t a paying job, or at least one that paid much, but she was able to spend her time with the animals and photographing them, which was the real perk of that one job.

She was quite surprised about the information of the speakers on the walls and floor, the vibrations could be felt easier, being able to somehow enjoy another form of art, one that she hadn’t been able to enjoy in a few years. “I must visit it now. I haven’t been able to enjoy music in such a long time.” Aside from her ukulele, which she couldn’t hear but still insisted on playing it like she could, Robin stayed away from music as much as she could. “I’m surprised I haven’t visit it sooner, I spend a lot of time here. I also do some exhibits on Muggle galleries, I’m more used to those.”

• Chat Time