Cbox
Guest enabled! No advertising, and be nice! Not much happening here? Check out our Discord!
Welcome to Tallygarunga, an original roleplay set in the Harry Potter universe. Set in present-day Australia, tensions are high between the Ministry of Magic and the only Ministry-run wizarding school in the country. Become like the other snooty private schools? Not a chance.

Originally established in August 2006, Tallygarunga prides itself on an inclusive and active community. Once part of the Tally family, always part of the Tally family. Whether you're here for the first time, the thousandth time, or returning after a long time---welcome home.
Staff
Sadrienne
Founder
LilyCat
Admin
Kaitore
Sturt
Flinders
Spencer
Bourke
Tallygarunga
a non-canon au potterverse roleplay
August, 2019 :: Winter

Tally Staff ☆ School NurseTecri
25 year old Halfbreed Veela ☆ She/Her/Hers

cont. from A playful game of tag

Was she a romantic? Probably she was, she didn’t let it out often, but she was a romantic. It was strange that someone could through it, the choice of words or even what she wanted to believe, it kind of reminded her of someone she used to be, before she became bitter and afraid of getting hurt emotionally again, was it a sign to finally let things go? Travis had been helpful in that regard, listening, talking, he was a good friend. Liv smiled up at the young man, her thumb ran across his hand in a gentle motion. The word ‘heartbreak’ was still one she had trouble with, a reminder of how painful it could be, and it could physically hurt someone. Liv decided to stay quiet, only holding his hand.

“Some people are worth it.” she stated with conviction. Travis was worthy of it, regardless of what he might think. Her eyes met his and a smile grew on her face as she looked at him. She was willing to get as close as he allowed her to.

He didn’t seem to mind going to the lake, which was good in her opinion. If he couldn’t get sick there shouldn’t be a problem, she could easily warm up the place if any of them were cold. She still had energy, probably not as much as he did but she could still manage to go swimming, the worst that could happen if Travis having to carry her back because she was too tired to move. “I’m still good for a few rounds, I don’t have your energy, but I can still go for another game of tag if necessary.” She joked poking his cheek lightly. “Don’t tell me you didn’t enjoy it as much as I did, and your tongue is ticklish.” She chuckled as the memory of earlier in the day flooded her mind. It was a nice afternoon, a nice game, she wouldn’t mind doing it more often with him, he was fast, and it had been the best time she had in a few years, she couldn’t deny it. Liv got up and shook her head. “I don’t need a t-shirt or shorts, maybe after I will but I can still dry my own clothes after. You don’t need to worry about it.” she commented as she picked both his hands and held them tight to pull him up.

-------------------------------------------To the lake they go-------------------------------------------

As soon as they were both ready to go Liv apparated both of them to the lake and they both seemed to have arrived in one piece. Her hand was still holding onto Travis’ arm to make sure he didn’t stay behind. “It’s been a while since I’ve been here, but … first one to the water has to do the victory dance.” She let go of him and dashed to the edged of the lake, she knew she could never beat Travis in a land race, it was a pointless bet, but still a fun one.

When she got to the edge of the lake, she removed her clothing, except her underwear. There was a light breeze, not too cold, but not warm either, nothing she couldn’t handle, and nothing that would make her sick either. She then proceeded to jump to the water, which was slightly warmer than it was outside.

Bourke ☆ Seventh Year ✩ Kaitore
17 year old Halfblood Werewolf ☆ HE/HIM

Pain lasted, it had been the intention of it. Being in a position of being hurt had always been a designation that that part of an individual needed to grow stronger afterwards, tempering themselves. But what if that pain never truly healed? If the knife had been driven in so deeply that it just corroded and became rusted, connected? That had been a situation that it seemed that Liv had been in, one that he could understand in a different spectrum. She'd started to try and remove that part of him that had refused to recuperate, that haunted and at every turn had been pushed deeper inside of his heart. Now, he could finally begin the process of actively changing for the better. Something that he'd hoped he'd been able to gift to the woman as well, offering the same kind of shoulder and assistance that she'd given him. While he'd been far more of a person that cared mostly for those that made it into his 'inner circle' of sorts, that care and loyalty had been a deep well. Seeing her in pain and not doing anything simply wasn't an option that he could abide by. 

"Liv. . ."  After her finger had traced along the surface of his hand and the accompaniment of her words? The urge to kiss the woman had started to boil up within him. Why did she have to be so sweet? Even though he'd been aware of the stance that she did view him in, it continued to grow increasingly difficult to not have a stronger pull towards her. His forehead pressed against hers gently and his eyes closed gently while he tried to keep that nature within him at bay, finding it difficult while her scent filled deep within his nostrils. Then his eyes opened up to stare deeper into her eyes. "I agree, some people are worth it. I'm looking at one right now."

Travis pooled every bit of his strength, every last amount that he could muster up to pry his face from hers, to keep it out of the vicinity of even tempting himself with an action that wouldn't have been well received. "It sounds like you just want me chasing you, I'm on you, Liv." Not that he'd been against the idea of it, though the promise of swimming also seemed equally promising as a venture. A grin forming on his face as she poked against his cheek. "Oh, I loved it. And I'll give you my tongue anytime you want." When she stood up, he started to stand up with the help she offered. The day hadn't been a bad one. In fact, he could classify it as one of his best days since the series of changes had taken place over the course of his short lifetime. "Alright, I just wanted to make it clear I did offer." A smooth chuckle escaped passed his lips. 

-------

Apparition had still been somewhat a new thing for him in the way that he hadn't gotten fully used to it even after gaining his own licenses to do it. Keeping his grasp on her hand tightly to avoid getting spliced, once they'd landed safely in place the wobbliness of the world churned and tilted for a moment through his eyes. "Hahahaha, already wanting to race?" His sensory needed to a moment to collect fully before he could get moving with any form of actual 'grace'. By then, Liv already held an edge of distance ahead of him. Legs lifting up immediately chasing after her, putting the pedal to the metal, as it were with each foot fall that collided against the ground while running towards the lake. 

If it had been a race he wasn't going to take the time to stop and disrobe at the edge, while Liv had taken that time to stop, Travis literally leaped from the edge and straight into the water with all of his clothes still -on-. Dedication entirely to the idea that he'd get the chance to not only see her dance, but to the fact that on some level? He'd been a competitive Bourke just as any other within his house. Once inside of the water is when he started to remove articles of clothing. Nearly everything, shirt, shoes, socks, he even tossed his brief off without a second thought about it. After all, last time he had some on? They ripped on him and having a zipper chafe against 'The General' wasn't the most pleasant way to walk. 

Travis had become someone important to her, someone who she enjoyed spending time with and liked the company, more than she thought she would, and possibly something she wouldn’t admit, at least not to others. It hadn’t been her intention to become friends with the young man, but truth be told she was far from disappointed. The more Liv thought about it the more she realized how close she had grown to him and how she enjoyed the moments they spent together.

Did Liv wanted Travis to chase her? In that situation she couldn’t say she didn’t enjoy the rush of a chase, her heart pumping every time she was close to being caught, was all too exciting to avoid, especially if said chase was with someone, she enjoyed spending time with. “I do enjoy a good chase and I like to spend time with you, so, it’s a win-win situation.” she smiled at Travis but chuckled at his tongue comment. It probably wasn’t a good idea if Travis was seen licking the school nurse. “Anytime? Or will that happen anytime you’re enjoying our game of tag too much?” she chuckled one more time until she took a deep breath to calm down a little bit, because if they wanted to go to the lakes, she had to control herself a little bit, before she continued to laugh.

Olivia was more used to travel like that than Travis, while it always required her a moment to gather her thoughts when she wasn’t the one using the spell, it was quite easy for her to do so when she was the one using it.

Travis jumped completely clothed to the water, catching Liv off guard, she was expecting that he would do such a thing, but as every Bourke he was rather competitive. Olivia was still taking off her clothes as she watched Travis remove his own pieces of clothing. She looked at him in disbelief but at the same time she couldn’t stop finding it amusing, and how comfortable he was, she couldn’t complain as she felt pretty comfortable with everything. Once on the water Liv got used to the temperature as she swam around.

“The water feels nice doesn’t it? Better enjoy it before winter comes.” She swam around Travis in a playful manner, eventually throwing water at his face. “I guess you’re the one that has to do the victory dance.” She said before diving and reappearing a bit further away, standing right in front of the young man.

It wouldn't have been false on his end either, when it came to spending time with Liv it'd been one of the many highlights within his days. Even if it seem awkward at first or even in the eyes of others due to the gap in age, it hadn't bothered him in the slightest. She'd been far more than simply the number of years she spent within the world, knowledge that had been accumulated through experiences and pains as much as what seemed to him, a desire simply to be connected to people and not feel as if they were going to leave. 

That he understood, one of the reasons, in truth, that he averted the train of thought he once held involving his choice of revenge. At least for the time being when there had been far more important matters to consider and focus on. 

"So, we're pretty mutual here, right? I like chasing you, you like being chased. I like spending time with you and. . . You like spending time with me?" It had been as innocent as it sounded and the truth had also been that he couldn't just let her leave out of his life without a fight either. She'd inserted herself in a way that he didn't think had been possible, not sense Meadow. Or maybe. . . Maybe she'd grown into her own tier that even the young Flinder's hadn't even reached. . .? A smile curved on his face, one that highlighted the mischievousness towards the words that would soon leave from his lips. "Anytime, Liv. I don't need to be chasing you from an enjoyment of tag for that urge to pop." He'd wanted to lick her, even now, in both a friendly and very friendly kind of way. Yet, the ladder required a sense of mental barrier that kept the former as the primary and only option for the time being. 

If he were going to be challenged he may have committed to it fully and that meant that his clothes had to take the sacrifice for it. If he held any dignity involving nudity? That would too, alas, it'd been as normal to him as breathing in the air around them. He felt far more free, natural, as if he were meant to be free from the stitched cloth prison that often pressed against his skin in annoyance at times. While he didn't mishear the words spoken in terms of the challenges 'arrangements' he had a far more dubious plan that would perhaps spark a good laughter between the two of them. 

"It does feel really good. . . Somewhat relaxing. . ." There'd been a soothing essence about the liquids as the water disturbed around his body, morphing and shaping to fit its disturbing presence. "Winter doesn't bother me too much. But I think it's another good excuse to cuddle up to one of the best heat sources around." How could he say no to the idea that he'd be able to cuddle with Liv again? "Oh, I am. Luckily for me? You didn't state any specific terms to the rules!" Travis' head the previously splashed droplets from his face then dived under the water, swimming with an animalistic grace until he'd been in front of Liv. His hand moving through the water to grasp hers before he'd pop-up and in a smooth motion twirled her around slightly within the water. 

"A Victory dance duet! You've Gotta' learn to be a bit me specific." He laughed heartily, a grin on his face stretching widely. 

She liked the rush of being chased, she wasn’t sure why but probably the thrill of danger. She wasn’t going to put herself in dangerous situations on purpose, but it didn’t mean she was going to run away from one. “Yes, I like spending time with you.” She wasn’t sure how to explain it, she just enjoyed spending time with him, he seemed to be an interesting person and the way he saw things was far more interesting than some people, while sometimes a bit gloomy, it wasn’t always the same thing people thought. There were a few things that made her enjoy his company, and there were others that she couldn’t quite explain why, she just liked it. She looked at him for a while until it made sense in her head what his words meant, that was certainly something she wasn’t expecting to hear that night, but she shook the thought out of her mind, it wasn’t something that she should be thinking while they were having fun.

Liv didn’t mind about Winter, she could easily warm up, but she would prefer if Winter wasn’t a thing, she did enjoy closeness to people and holding others during the season, much better than to warm herself alone, but Travis had the same thought she did, cuddling was great to keep warm. “Every season is a good enough reason to cuddle.” She couldn’t deny her love for closeness to others, especially those who held a special place in her heart, and she had to admit to herself that Travis did have a special place in it.

There was a surprised look on her face when he swam towards her. She had a bit of a hard time seeing at night, she could just see enough to noticed that the young man had dove, just to surface in front of her. What did he mean that she wasn’t specific with the rules? Before she could even ask him why, he held onto her hand and she twirled around. She started to laugh as she moved in the water. It was only then that she realized what he meant. He was right, she didn’t specify the rules. When she stopped twirling, he held his hand as well, her feet changed, becoming more suited for water. “Alright, we’ll both shall make the victory dance.” She pulled Travis a bit further from the edge, still holding his hands.

Once at a nice location, Liv pulls Travis in circular movements, illustrating what seemed to be a very poorly executed dance, but regardless of what it looked like she continued to move for a while longer until she assumed, he was satisfied with it all. “Happy that we both got to a somewhat of a victory dance?” she let go of his hands and swam around him, just like before, circling him in a playful manned. Coming up behind him she put her hands on his shoulder. “Now we need to get closer to the shore.”

Danger was a concept to be respected as much as it had been one to enjoy; human nature dictating a reverence and means to seek it out on various levels. The exercise that came from it had also been quite beneficial even for those that boasted a naturally enhanced physique. "I'll need that in writing, a long list of agreements that says you cannot deny this to any individual!" The young man grinned towards her; obviousness of teasing held within the rhythm of his voice. Her presence had been a good and strong reminder on one of the many things he would've ended up without had he stayed on the 'proper' course he ordained himself. 

"Every season? I guess so, if it's fair play to be by a fire during the winter to cuddle up, then it's fair play to be under some cooling charm in the same way during the summer." It wasn't logic he could fault either, Fall and Spring were just the middle grounds that opted for it less often due to the lack of extreme weather compared to the other parts of the year. There'd also been a wealth of unique 'Seasonal Treats' that could be made and enjoyed on top of the cuddling. 

The night time held no advantage over him, his eyes were able to adjust and see clearly, the brightness of the moonlight acting as much of a guide to his visual sense as it had towards the chaotic confluence of his mind. At least she hadn't found the manipulation of the intended rules in bad taste. It'd been something he thought would be a good way to break in their time spent at the lake, though he was still quite unsure why she wanted to go in the first place. What had been her true game plan behind it all? To tire him out? The chances of it had been unlikely though he could see that as being one of her chief reasons. Following her lead as they delved deeper into the body of water, hands clasped by hers. 

It felt as if they were twirling but there had been no true 'grace', at least not one any trained dancer would've accepted. Luckily for both of them, he wasn't in the business of dancing and one step may have been like any other for him even if he could tell the difference within the motion of ones muscles. Once it had ended a small chuckle escaped from his lips, finding it refreshing that she chose to dance knowing it hadn't been one of her many skills. "Sure, I mean, you're the one that wanted a victory dance!" He smiled widely towards her. "Closer to the shore? Okay." Without any warning his hands looped just under her thighs and he hoisted her onto his back - piggyback style. 

Which harbored no real encumbrance for the young man, the state of his strength at a height of power that could only be attributed to nearly the full might of what one would expect of a Werewolf. Pressing the tips of his feet into the waterbed, he'd kickoff in a strong push forward, gliding through the water until they met the shores edge. 

Was he joking with her? Because if he wasn’t, she could gladly get him a paper saying that she does like to spend time with him. It wasn’t too hard to understand or to even see that she did enjoy her time spent with the younger man. To some could still be hard to see, but she assumed by now that the time she was willing and glad to spend with Travis was enough to make him see it. “Once we’re out of the water I’ll make everything official. In case you need to remind yourself.” She joked with the situation, even if she would do it if he really wanted her to, while she thought it was obvious how she felt about it. One thing that kept nagging at her was why did Travis think that it was abnormal someone enjoying his presence, his thoughts and overall him. Liv couldn’t help to look at Travis with a soft smile. If only he could realize how his words from early had helped her.

“If you make a cooling charm cold enough there’s a reason to cuddle. But the Summer nights are good to lay in the grass under the stars and look at them.” It was something simple and innocent, but something that could be amazing to experience with someone. In winter it was possible, but due to the low temperatures it was harder to do, a person would be more interested in cuddling and keeping warm than to look up at the stars and speak what was in their mind and heart.

The reason Liv wanted to go to the lake was simply to keep Travis active, it was simply another activity they could do during a time like that, an activity that could open a few doors, more than just being inside, sitting on a couch together. Their dance had gone … decent, Liv had no idea how to dance without stepping on someone’s foot or causing some bizarre accident, dancing just wasn’t for her, and neither of them was graceful enough to do such a thing. Sadly, Liv hadn’t got the gracefulness of her mother, she did get something far more useful from the woman.

Going back to the shore wasn’t going to take as long as she thought it would, without expecting it Travis got a hold of her and now she was catching a ride with him. She didn’t struggle him, instead she wrapped her arms around his neck not to fall and her legs around his torso, it was easier to keep her balance underwater. Once they reached the edge of the lake she didn’t let go of Travis, instead she ruffled his hair a little bit with one of her hands before resting her chin on his shoulder.

“I have a question. Why do you think it’s so abnormal for someone to enjoy your presence?” she could see that him being a werewolf not many people were receptive to it, and sometimes even those could be a bit wary of him. In a way she could understand his concerns, everything pilled up over the years probably took a bigger toll on him that she could see or understand.

"Woah, woah, Liv. . . It was joke!" Laughter rolled out from him, that she'd been willing to take it that seriously even with her own jest of a response made it all the more amusing to him. His head shook lightly and his smile grew into a firm and bright grin. "I think your presence would remind me more than enough, honestly." How couldn't it? Having her around seemed to warp the atmosphere, maybe in part to her optimism as much as her plans when it came to trying to keep him active so far. And he knew the chances of her going anywhere out of his life had been one of the most least likely scenarios, the best reminder would always be her being around in that regard. 

"That sounds awfully underhanded, Liv." Travis grinned towards her. The idea held its merits and the reverse had to be try in some ways, making something too hot that people would just have to start removing clothing. Though it'd been a plan for someone that would be far more understanding about such a well-planned ordeal! "I swear you're a closeted romantic, just waiting for someone to burst out with some poetry about Quidditich while the stars twinkling at night."  Cuddling didn't seem like a bad idea, not when they were well trusted and the placement in their life had been mutually important without any obscurities to the belief of it. 

Feeling live pressing against his back more for stability made it far easier to get towards the shore. To know that she'd been more than comfortable enough to take such a surprise from him and just roll with it in her own fashion spoke volumes in his mind on how she regarded him, that sense of trust that he wasn't sure even Meadow had in him. His head shaking in response to her hand ruffling through his hair, pulling out yet another laughter from the ticklish nature behind it.  

Then the question had been asked, one that could be attributed as, 'The Million Dollar Question' in his mind. For once that night an actual calm seemed to rest over him, the thoughts or ideals being heavy enough for him to weigh even the beast of nature itself down for a spell. "For a lot of reasons, really." Slowly he started to lower Liv down, try to rest her on the edges of the shore so that he could turn towards her, palms pressed against the dampened ground. "I'm a shameless flirt, I've the reputation of The Fonz himself. Then there is the fact that well. . . I am what I am. It's no easy feat and many quirks and things I do need to be hidden. Neither are they social acceptable or something that I can do without drawing the wrong kind of attentions.

His shoulders raise up in a casual shrug, a sense of resignation that seemed to rest upon them through the motion. "Most times it feels like my existence is more tolerated than enjoyed. Even with Meadow, sometimes, it feels more like a toleration." His eyes closed lightly, even when he thought about the young teen he could only ever remember the shiver of disgust that ran over her. If his own best friend found him 'wanting', could he really trust any others to not see the same way in some way? 

"Though I don't think it needs to really be said that I'm one of the: 'Most top hated beings' in Wizarding Society across the globe."

Joke or not it could make for some funny stories in the future, about how Liv had to conjure a paper and the one who ended up getting it was Travis. The fact was she didn’t want him forgetting that he meant something to someone, how important he ended up being and how enjoyable his own presence was. They didn’t need to talk, the silence between the two wasn’t awkward, while she was talkative and liked to speak and express herself through words, being quiet and in silence with someone spoke a lot louder than certain words that could be said. “It’s just in case you forget how important you are.” She gave him a big smile. It was easy to forget sometimes, how life can wrap around someone, make that person feel unwanted and not important.

Perhaps her plan wasn’t the best, making it cold enough to have people cuddling was good in theory, but it didn’t have to be too cold, just a nice breeze to get people closer and not feel uncomfortable with the heat and sweat that hot summer days could provoke. “Maybe I am, but come on, you have to admit laying under the starry sky has it’s beauty. It’s hard to see it where there’s too many lights, but when there aren’t? It’s beautiful.” It was a unique experience, either to share it with friends or a lover, it was unique and shows how insignificant people are in the grand scheme of things, being only significant and important to those people with them. “But I don’t’ think there’s any good poetry about Quidditch. But in case you find one, I want to know about it. Deal?”

Travis made its way to the shore, while he seemed to be in a cheery disposition it soon became apparent that she touched something sensitive. She sat on the shore, feet in water and she watched and listened to him. While none of those things bothered her, she could see how others could potentially see something wrong with it, but it’s just didn’t bother her, she liked it, she enjoyed every little bit of it. She opened her mouth to speak but decided to remain quiet, to let him finish. She had heard some of it before, but now she had the full answer to her question. Her hands rested on his shoulder for a brief moment before she held on of his hand on hers.

“I’m going to be honest, and I’m going to be clear, just because I think you need to know and remember this.” She held his hand on hers before she grabbed both his hands and sat them in her lap, still with hers wrapped around his. “I can see how you find it abnormal, but … all that just …” she stopped for a brief moment, unsure of how her words could sound, she really cared for the younger man, he was someone who she trusted and someone who she would do almost everything for. “… it’s what makes you enjoyable. Everything, not just bits and pieces. And I want you to remember that none of that is annoying, it’s not something that’s tolerated.”

While he was one of the most top hated beings in the Wizarding society across the planet, and mentalities were hard to change, it was hard to teach the masses, it was a necessity to do so. “Yes, you are, and you’ll probably have to hide who you are for a long time, but I’d like to believe that one day you won’t have to hide, or others like you won’t.” She smiled at him. Not trying to give him a pep talk, she just wanted him to see himself through someone who enjoyed him for him. Her hands let go of his before she kissed his forehead, not out of pity, but out of respect and affection towards a friend. She pulled away and jumped back into the water.

“Thank you for telling me.”

"Do you expect me to just carry it around all the time?" A mild smirk touched his lips. "I don't think that would be possible. Won't look at it as much through out the day." It wasn't as if he spent a lot of time in his room either when he did stay at the dormitory. Not to mention between Odessa and the Kittens it would probably end up being torn up or hairballs being spat on it - that final thought actually offered a shiver of a cringe from the young man. 

Eyelids shuttered a few times, head canting towards the side in curiosity ever so slightly. "I wouldn't know, really. Sure, I look at the sky often but the meaning it has for me is entirely different." It was easier to admire the stars when you knew it wasn't a 'Clock'. But to him? The nighttime sky, the moon, the stars, all it had been was one massive click detailing that he would be one step closer to being less human and a step closer to being more of a monster. "I'm pretty sure there's a good one - okay, maybe not a 'good one'. There has to be one out there." He wasn't going to use one of Amber's Haiku's or even Lisa's mocking of Amber with Quidditich Haiku. That would've just been mean overall. "I'll see what I can do."

The presence of her hand: First on his shoulder than his hand offered no true comfort to the turmoil of his mind and view when it came towards what he 'offered'. Which, if he had to be honest, wasn't much to anyone other than the certainty of pain and heartache. "Enjoyable? You sound like you're just being nice now." He teased lightly. "I don't doubt you mean that, it'd be insulting to say that or dismiss it when you've bore your heart." Liv, she wasn't one for the dramatics or the subterfuge of lying. He could tell there'd been no coy overtures in her words. Even so. . . It had been difficult to believe, difficult to accept. Not impossible but much more of certain effects weighed it down as an unlikely thing that he could take up with certainty. "But it's. . . It's difficult to take when the person that's supposed to be your best friend reacts in certain ways.

"That's some heavy belief to have, that I won't have to hide one day?" He wasn't sure how many times he heard that kind of a sentiment from some people. It often made him wonder how many of those from the past heard it, never saw it, always knowing that the shadows would be the only thing to cradle them without discrimination. His eyes widened for a moment, a sense of shock throttled through his system as he felt her lips caress against his forehead. "Liv. . ." Hadn't he told her before she needed to be careful? His hand pressed against the side of his face with slight confusion, still he also did tell her not to hold back either which only added to the uncertainty. 

"Yea, no problem. . ." His voice responded on autopilot, mind several clicks away from his body in a matter of speaking. He hadn't moved, just pressed there at the edge of the shore trying to gather himself fully. 

She nodded in response. It was simply going to be a reminder, even if she had to conjure several papers that said it. She chuckled but didn’t continue to pursue it and if Travis ever needed to be reminded, she would be there to remind him.

It was hard for her to understand him, as much as she wanted to it was always going to be something complicated, she couldn’t begin to understand what it was like for him, it wasn’t going to stop her from trying, she had nothing to lose but a lot to gain if she did it. “Perhaps one day you’ll be able to see the beauty of it. I know this sounds awfully optimistic, but you don’t know if that day will come. You just need to be open to it.” What she was saying was easier said than done, she knew it was and she knew he knew it too, she just didn’t want him giving up on something, just because it was different for him now, it didn’t mean that in the future he could look at it with another perspective. When it came to the poem, she high doubt there was one and if it was it would probably be a bad one too. “Doesn’t have to be about quidditch, I like quidditch, but I like other things. But if you do find me a quidditch poem, you’ll have to read it to me, on the quidditch pitch, on a broom.” She looked at him, she was daring him to do it. She was expecting him to decline it, but it would be a surprise if he decided to go forward with it; it was still a bold move to do it on school grounds, it had to do during a time where most students were busy and not paying attention.

Once the conversation turned heavy and he replied to her, she shook her head. She wasn’t being nice, she was being honest, she was giving him her honest thought about him, what she had experienced that day had been amazing, all of it. While she didn’t know how he was the closer he got to the transformation, or how he was after, but she had enjoyed the chase, being tackled, even his quirk of licking her had been welcomed, different but not bad or disgusting. It was a bit heart breaking the way he spoke about his best friend, she didn’t know the person so she couldn’t comment. “Maybe you should be open about how you feel, about what’s in your heart. How it hurts you. You’re not made of stone. Don’t lose a precious friendship because of lack of communication.” Her fingers slid across his hand. Another thing that wasn’t easy to do, and yet she was advising Travis to do it. She couldn’t say she didn’t gain anything from it, she did, maybe if it worked out, he wouldn’t feel so hurt.

“I believe one day you won’t have to hide. It’s a long road, painful, dark, full of heartbreak but you don’t have to walk it alone. I know I’m being stupidly optimistic about something again, naïve even.” If people remained ignorant, they will never take a step forward. It continued to be naïve of her to even think that people would be open to knowledge, to know how it works, to be willing to listen and learn. The kiss only lasted a few seconds, she didn’t even consider how it looked or how it could be interpreted. It was hard for Liv to show how she felt and cared with only words, she had a necessity to touch, to hold, to physically show it.

The water was a bit chilly than the first time she had been inside, but it was manageable. She looked at him wondering if he’d like to continue or if he just wanted to go back home, get dry and just sit there, they didn’t even have to talk. They talked quite a lot that day, things were said, heard, experienced, some things still needed to be processed. “What would you like to do?”

"I'd check the heavily idealistic box on that one from my view point." He smiled lightly, while he found it to be one of Liv's adorable traits he couldn't outright say he saw that kind of a path for him. If the actual plague would end one day? Perhaps. But he could find no rhyme or reason on why such a view would ever be breathtaking, not when the starry night had been the start of the change for him. His gaze lifted up towards the sky, the obvious reminder of what the following nights will end up bringing to him screamed loudly in his head. "Here I thought the fact I brought up Quidditich had been because of my awareness of your affinity for it." He smirked towards her, unsure if she understood the implication of why he honed in more on the sport than just some random poem. A poem could be nice but one that a person could resonate with would've been far better in his mind. 

"Communication is important but not everything needs to be unveiled either."His head shook lightly at even considering speaking certain things. "Saying it and hoping it will pan out or that it 'should pan out well because you were being opened' is a bad way to go when you know certain things about someone." He knew her reaction in general, after all, there would be no point in speaking his intentions. It would only fuel that reaction even further, pushing things into a rut that would cause far more destruction than being withheld. Eyes lowering as he glanced at her hand, watching it sweep across his own before lifting his sights back up to stare towards her. "Some stuff is better left buried, pushed into a hole that shouldn't be dug up." Sometimes a harsh reality but not everything needed to be spoken, no matter how close someone had been, certain topics or opinions were simply just kindling to burn something down in his view. 

"Heh, An optimistic idealist. Through and through. . ." Spoken with a softened voice. "Maybe, but I don't expect it to see full weight in my lifetime. Very few people ever live to see the afflicted changes of their presence in the world. History proves this far more often than not." While he held a somewhat longer life than most Wizard's it wouldn't be enough to stem the tide of time itself. Not that he would've wanted it to anyways. It would be far better if Lycanthropy could be stomped out, not out of fear but simply because of the fact it'd been far more curse and a life of pain and ostracization. He tried to not see more than the usual intentional within her touch, even still it had been somewhat difficult.

There'd been a weight of conversation in the day, he perhaps spoke more to her than he'd done to anyone in the span of a short time. How much had he actually told her that even those that known him for years didn't hear? That he couldn't fathom that they would even truly understand in full weight? His eyes closed and a gentle absent-minded hum virbated from his throat until her voice pulled him from the wandering thoughts. "What would I like to do? There you go focusing on me still." At times during the day it often felt as if the woman had been acting as his psychiatrist or at least taking it up as a choice for her to care about that.

"Swimming would be nice but home is probably safer. If my mind starts to lapse a bit then. . . Well, the last thing we need in a crazed animilistic man running through the area." Turning towards her with a gentle smile curved on his face. 

There was nothing she could say or do to help Travis watch the sky with new eyes and make him forget about the changes to come, and if she ever thought she could do it, she was more delusional than she thought she was. There was nothing that could make him look up in the sky without being reminded of what was waiting for him, but wasn’t losing all hope the worst of it? Even as a human living life without hope of a better future was it even living a life? Or was it just roaming it with no direction? She once roamed with no direction, until she found the right path. She looked at him with a smile as she saw his head lift to watch the sky, she followed him and did the same. She looked at him and smiled. She liked Quidditch, she did, but there were far more important things to her now than a mere sport. “I will love the poem. Just saying I found something more than quidditch. I used to love it but … our game of tag was, and is far more exciting than any match I had, and while it was just once, I loved it, I want more.” Perhaps it was because it was with someone, she considered to be important for her. Their game held more meaning than all the matches she played, it wasn’t too hard to see how amused and happy she was during the time, almost like a shadow had been lifted and a new light was shinning upon it.

She couldn’t deny that he was correct, somethings were left unsaid, but expressing one’s feelings towards something, while it could cause friendships to crumble, it sometimes makes them better and stronger. “I’m not saying it should work because you’re being open. But I’m also speaking because I’d like to know. Some feelings can’t be avoided, but if my actions hurt someone I’d like to know.” she probably would do the same as him, she’d be quiet about it, shove it deep down and will never have it see the light of day; it can also hurt the person receiving the information about the feelings, how they make someone else feel, it’s not an easy place to be either, neither of those ends are. “But I can’t completely disagree with you, because in a way, you’re right. Just don’t let it consume you.” Her finger touched his torso, in the location of his heart. It was more symbolic than anything. “And if it does start to consume you, I’m not the greatest listener, but I’m here for you.” She couldn’t rid him of that pain, but she could be there for him, to listen, to give him a hand and to help him get up. She wasn’t going to force him to speak to her, but him knowing he had someone could be helpful, in a way.

Liv smiled at Travis, she was far too idealistic for her own good. “I’d like to believe that you will see it, makes me look forward for that day, to see the smile on your and everyone else’s face as they no longer have to hide.” she didn’t get tired of hopping for it, when people stop looking at one minor thing and start looking at the whole they will see what they have been missing, she at least hoped it was like that.

It was hard to focus on her, she had a hard time when other did it, she would rather focus on others than herself. She wasn’t trying to be his psychiatrist, she simply wanted to be a friend, a good listener, someone that was there through the good and bad moments, someone who’s there because it wants to help a person get up if they fall. “Why wouldn’t I? I want to and you deserve it.” She smiled at Travis, she told him things she had never told anyone, expressed her darkest feelings and with his help she was starting to heal from all that, she was starting to let the light in. She couldn’t explain how comfortable she felt around him, but she knew she did, and she trusted him.

Olivia tried no to laugh to hard at his comment, but a few chuckles escaped through her mouth. She honestly didn’t see anything wrong, but it was probably going to scare a few people. “You might have forgotten the naked part and then the crazy woman running after said man.” She couldn’t contain her laughter. “It’s late, there’s no one around here, but you’re probably right, we should go.” Liv swam a bit around Travis before leaving the lake. The water was much more welcoming than the soft breeze outside, nothing like a bit of temperature couldn’t fix, drying her body and her clothes, her hair remained soaked.

"O-Oh. . ." Travis could never had predicted she'd like the game of tag -that- much, that it would become something so dear to her that she'd want to do so again.  At first he still thought it had been out of some sense of personal desire to try and get him to exert energy rather than a true enjoyment for the woman. "I guess since it's you. . .? I can give you more then. That isn't a problem at all." How could he even consider denying her that request? Even if he'd been wary about it due to himself and certain actions and dispositions that couldn't be full reigned in. 

"Heh, I'm made of stronger stuff emotionally too. Not just physically, you know. A bit of emotional pain. . . That I can deal with regardless. It just means I approach things differently." A code of 'distance' in some way, not too much distance but enough that certain emotions would die away by never being placed in a position to let them show in the first place. It seemed like a plausible idea, something that could preserve far longer. His hand covered over hers gently, a smile crossing over his face. "Did anyone ever tell you, you worry too much?" He hadn't really thought much of the touch she offered towards his heart region, after all, Travis wasn't really the sentimental sort of individual to take in any particular way. "I'll have far bigger issues to worry about it for a bit or even longer for it to be any form of detrimental to my life." Not ending up on someone's wooden floor as a 'Were-wolf rug' had been one of his many concerns that trumped it within his mind. Not to mention the future he started to pave for himself that involved a dangerous life which meant gathering up certain skills and talents to enhance his chances of survival and management of his condition. 

He smiled lightly, head shaking in the same manner. He wasn't going to rain on the woman's parade, not that he thought he even could with the amount of optimism and idealistic hope that pulsed from her. Even so, she deserved to believe that such a thing had been possible even if he believed it would never truly be possible, not in the way people may think anyways. 

"Well. . . It's something I am not used to, I guess. More used to the 'One-way' street kind of deal and that's definitely not the style I aiming for." That had been something he'd dealt with enough in certain aspects of his life. Not in the similar vein as the particular moment in question but enough in other parts of his life that made him lose a taste for it. He wasn't going to argue with what he 'deserved' either, that had been something that he felt would always be a contention between himself and nearly anyone else that thought saw him as deserving of 'better'. 

"I have never had complaints about being naked." Travis laughed whimsically at his quick-witted words. "If anything they'd probably think I was some serial flasher. Yea, definitely something we should avoid." His expression then shifted into a playful grin. After she made a few laps around him, he watched her leave form the water. He made his way towards the shore pushing out of the waters, not even considering the 'nudity' part for himself around the woman. Shifting a finger through the air to enact a spell to dry off his clothing on the ground before putting them back on one by one. 

"I'll have to do some dishes when I get back anyways." Making his way to stand next to Liv as he double checked himself, preparing for their travel back. "That and prepare the food for the kittens and the pup. Nearly forgot about them for a moment." Odessa would've killed him if he never fed her kittens -or- her. Sigma would also just end up giving him a very pouty looking face. His hand coupled around Liv's while settling his nerves, which often went sporadic if one had been unprepared for the apparition spell.