Tallygarunga | The Australian Potterverse
pxmBtN.png
Sturt
Flinders
Spencer
Bourke

Spencer ☆ Fifth Year ☆ Spencer Quidditch Team Seeker, Pro WrestlerKirupachi
15 year old Halfblood Human ☆ She/Her

Why did everyone in Tallygarunga keep on losing their pets on the regular? Amber had never been a pet owner, and thus couldn't exactly sympathize with that plight. She had always figured people would have to take care of them as much as one would a child. Yet there she was, making a fool of herself in the library after volunteering to aid her cousin in the endeavor of finding her pink, fuzzy pygmy puff: Harvey. It had escaped (it was the second time it happened, as far as the Spencer was aware) and the ever so influential Bourke had wiggled her contacts to cover the whole school. For some logic defying reason, the Library had been the chosen place for Amber, of all people, to look. She hated the Library. She was fairly positive it was one of the first few times she had ever walked into it, let alone explore it; she didn't even know where to look.

As time went by in her search, the wrestler adjusted her beanie prior to lowering her head to the ground, deciding to explore the small opening beneath the various shelves to see if the little bugger had scurried off under them. With a full prone body and an eyeball peeking at the small space, she snuck her wand into the gap and let light erupt from its tip, illuminating the awkward investigation. She couldn't see a thing, but it was hard to move her head to search the whole area when the space she could look through was so small.

"Ugh... C'mon, ya furball..." The girl whispered, painfully aware she couldn't be loud in the Library as she nearly got kicked out of the place more than one time in the past several minutes. After a few moments of fruitless attempts, the girl had an idea. Extricating herself from the awkward position and sitting up, she retrieved a pen from her backpack and used her magic to transfigure it into a metal wire. She wrapped a portion of it around the wand itself, and had the rest jut out forwards, in the same direction the magical instrument was pointed.

"Now, what do pygmy puffs eat...?" She muttered to herself, having no idea; but, taking inspiration from one of her friends, she decided on meat. It wasn't something she ate, but perhaps the universally loved food would be of help. She took a rubber from her backpack and enchanted it to have the scent of grilled bacon (one that made her mouth water, despite her recent bout of vegetarianism) and stuck the rubber to the free tip of the wire prior to going right back to the previous position, side of her face firmly pressed down on the floor as she scoured the bottom of the shelves for anything that may indicate Harvey was there.

Flinders ☆ Fifth Year FeererMe
15 year old Muggleborn Human ☆ She/Her

Nareena glanced around herself looking up from the heavy tomb in her lap. Currently she was sitting cross legged on the floor leaning against a shelf somewhere deep in the library. She wasn't entirely sure what had drawn her attention away from her reading but something had disturbed her. Idly placing her bookmark in the book she closed it slowly and shifted to stand up when she heard it again. Someone else was in here and they were close by. And they were... talking? 

It was a feminine voice and very soft -- just a whisper really but it was enough to pique her interest. Nareena stood slowly trying not to make much noise as she shifted to her feet and crept around the shelves glancing for the source. She felt very foolish sneaking around like this but curiosity drove her forward. The smell of bacon wafted in the air causing her to furrow her brow and her nose to scrunch up slightly, food wasn't allowed in the library let alone something so greasy and messy even if it did smell divine. Had she eaten lunch today? More importantly should she go and tell someone about the rule breaking? 

Walking around a shelf she nearly tripped over something before nearly tripping over her own two feet in the haste to backtrack. The something was not a thing but rather a human being - a girl and she was on the floor with her wand stuck under a shelf for some reason. 

"Oh!" Nareena gasped stumbling back a bit trying not to drop her book on the girls head, "Sorry! I didn't see you there! I didn't mean to almost -- and well I mean I had no idea you were - I'm so sorry!" 

Steadying herself and clutching her book to her chest like a shield the Flinder girl stared with wide curious eyes before her brows furrowed slightly in confusion. 

"Um I'm terribly sorry for almost stepping on you but um... what exactly are you doing?" She asked eyeing the girl curiously. Had she dropped something? Why did the area smell like bacon? Who in their right mind would lay down on the Library floor? 

The Spencer felt something collide with the side of her prone body. The impact didn't cause much pain at all, well built as she was, but it got her attention. While it felt like too heavy an object for it to be little Harvey bumping into her, Amber couldn't help but keep her hopes up to find the small creature when turning her head to look at what was there - only to have it all shattered, of course, as a voice reached her ears in the form of a rushed and bumbling apology. Blue eyes peered upwards to find a curious Flinders looking back down on her, as well as the predicament she got herself into.

"S'Fine!" She was quick to say back, but was immediately quieted down by nearby students who were trying to get some work done. Flinching in place at her mistake, she sighed out in mild frustration and withdrew her wand from its search, the Lumos spell dissipating - but the scent of bacon came along with it, as the wire was still very much attached to the magical instrument. With her free hand, Amber pushed herself up effortlessly, standing upright and not bothering to adjust her clothes. Instead, she reached over to scratch the side of her own head through the cloth covering it as the earlier position had been quite uncomfortable.

"Well, I, uh..." Amber started in a lower tone. She looked down at the little opening she was peeking into prior to looking at Nareena once again, having an idea. Perhaps she could recruit this person and make things easier on herself! "I'm searchin' for something. Or, rather... Someone? Whatever. Anyway, have ya seen a fur ball around this size?" With her free hand, she motioned the estimated size Harvey would look like from memory. "Pink. Creepy stare. It's a Pygmy Puff 'n it'll tug on your hair if you let it get too close." At least, it seemed to have taken a liking on doing that to Amber since their very first meeting.

Flinders ☆ Fifth Year FeererMe
15 year old Muggleborn Human ☆ She/Her

Nareena blushed horribly and sent an abashed look toward the students sitting nearby. They looked rather annoyed by the two girls who were talking much too loudly in the library. Oops. She mouthed a quick apology and then glanced nervously back toward the Spencer currently having a conversation in rather hushed tones. 

Her brown eyes locked onto the wire that was currently twisted around the tip of the other girls wand and her eyebrows raised questioningly glancing between the wand and her face a few times. Was it some sort of charm that other girls were fond of putting on their wands? If so why was it at the wrong end and what was with the smell of bacon?!

She glanced questioningly toward the rubber on the wand and bite the inside of her mouth to stop from asking not wanting to be judgmental or offend her for her decorative choices. Even if it did seem like it would hinder the spell casting. Spencer's were truly an odd lot. Nareena tried to school her expression into one of mild mannered interest but it probably did nothing to mask her confusion. Her eyebrows shot up once more losing what little calm demeanor she had managed to muster up once the other girl began describing what she was looking for. She choked back a laugh and cracked a small smile finally starting to understand. 

"Ah, lost your pet have you?" She all but whispered leaning in a little bit to pitch her voice lower.  "Is that why it smells like bacon? Do they eat meat?!" Nareena scrunched her nose in distaste imagining incredibly sharp teeth inside the puff's mouth. The image of a sweet fluffy ball of pink fuzz with a mouth full of razor sharp micro teeth almost made her shudder. Did they have rows like sharks? She had very little experience with those little monsters and if they had razor sharp teeth she wasn't sure she wanted to find it. But then again the girl did ask nicely, "Um... I haven't seen one but when did you lose it? I could help you find it." 

She shuffled her book towards one side and stuck her hand out towards the other girl a tad too quickly, "Ah I'm Nareena by the way! Sorry for not introducing myself properly. What's the puff's name?" 

As the hand was stuck out, Amber reflexively met it with her own calloused palm for a strong, firm handshake. She had no intent on harming the girl in any way (and hoped she didn't), yet old habits were hard to shake. "Cheers, Nareena. I'm Amber, 'n the escape artist's Harvey. Ya know, like Harvey Dent." She was fairly sure that whom Keira had named the little creature after, being the comic book aficionado that she was - not that she could judge, being one herself. The longer time went on, the more appropriate Two-Face's name was for the animal, or so the Spencer was inclined to believe.

"S'actually not mine. It's my cousin's. Ya might've heard of her. Samantha Hammond, Bourke, fifth year, army of creepy folks forever trailing behind her. Anyway, I got her Harvey like half a year ago and she keeps losing him. It's kinda ridiculous, really. It's been happenin' all over the place with so many people that I think there's some sorta curse placed on pet ownership or something." She knew about Max's rat's frequent escapes, and she also knew Meadow's roommate, whatever her name was, had her own pet go missing prior to its passing. Perhaps it was for the best that Amber didn't have any, even if she didn't reside within the school premises proper.

"Anyway, I don't know what they eat, to be honest. This is just the first thing that came to mind. You got any ideas?" Perhaps Nareena would have more information on pygmy puffs than she did - either they weren't covered in Care for Magical Creatures at all or the Spencer had slept through the class. As she idly spoke to the Flinders, tone fluctuating as she struggled not to be loud and bother everyone else present, she was entirely unaware of a pair of beady black eyes fixated on her from above, the owner of which hatching a plan...