Cbox
No advertising, and be nice! Not much happening here? Check out our Discord!
pxmBtN.png
Sturt
Flinders
Spencer
Bourke

Melbourne ☆ Australia National Quidditch Team Seeker, Living Merch MachineKirupachi
22 year old Halfblood Human ☆ He/Him

'This is not going to end well. Not even a little.' Jamie thought to himself as he watched his sister's face contort in anger. It wasn't nearly as bad as it used to be, to be fair; although, it still disturbed him when Alex flew off the handle like that. Perhaps he could've worded the news better? Nevertheless, short of wiping her memories and trying again, there was not much the Seeker could do to soothe her rage at that point.

"Are you kidding me, Jamie?" Came the obvious change in tone from the man's twin. "There's no way I'm giving her a second chance. Not any god damn way. I don't do that with people who walk out on others just because they fucking feel like it." It was not something Alex could withstand. Not after witnessing her father walk out of her life the way he did, without warning. Olivia hadn't been that close to her in comparison but they were friends, and she had done the same. In her point of view, none of that ilk should ever be forgiven.

Jamie, on the other hand, sighed in frustration. He and the aforementioned woman had spoken at length about what occurred and he couldn't fault her for it, coupled with the fact of what he knew about the woman's past. If anything, he found it hard to believe Alex and Olivia couldn't relate in that manner. To see her sister blindly at odds was quite painful. "At least talk, okay? That's all I'm asking you to do."

"Talk? Here's some talking for ya. Suck my imaginary dick." The woman reached for her bag to leave, not wanting to give her brother the time of day, and actively needing a walk to air out her anger; Jamie, however, had other thoughts. A trained hand reached for his wand and he wordlessly cast a spell on the front door, effectively locking it and blocking Alex's passage. The girl was bewildered when the lock wouldn't open, no matter how hard she tried. "...The fuck did you do?" She barked at her brother, looking at him incredulously.

"Trying to help you be civilized, is all." He maintained an even tone despite the frustration, not being one to tackle confrontation so openly like his kin. As soon as he watched her go to her room instead, he repeated the spell; and then he followed it with all other doors of the apartment. Olivia was likely about to arrive, and he didn't want Alex barricading herself anywhere. "Just sit over there." He pointed towards the couch with his wand. "And wait. Okay? If this doesn't go well you can punch the hell out of me afterwards or something. But be an adult for once."

"Tch." The squib clicked her tongue, and sat down in the couch with strong downward momentum, crossing her arms much like a petulant child having to do what they're told. 'This better be fucking quick...'

Tally Staff ☆ School NurseTecri
25 year old Halfbreed Veela ☆ She/Her/Hers

Liv had no idea how Alex was going to accept the invitation. It took Liv a few solid minutes to gather the courage to leave the house. She wasn’t afraid of Alex, she wasn’t afraid what she could possibly do to her, but she didn’t want to hurt the younger woman even more and showing could potentially call on to unexpected feelings about abandonment. Liv’s only way to make peace with Alex was to be completely honest and to hope that the other woman would be understanding.

She had everyone’s presents, Jamie’s trinket, Alex’s traditional colorants for art, while Liv Alex was a cartoonist, and probably didn’t use any of that, it could still allow the younger woman to do something different. She waited outside in the hallways for a while, looking at the door before finally knocking. She took a deep breath until the door opened. She walked inside, nervously as she spotted Alex. The younger woman didn’t seem very happy but there was nothing that Liv could do.

“Hi...” she waved a bit shyly before putting the bags down on the coffee table. “I apologize for being late.” She wasn’t late, she was right on time, but she didn’t want to make a fool of herself. Liv wasn’t sure if she should start with an apology for disappearing or if she should start with giving the peace offering, perhaps the apology could come before the peace offering, just in case. “So, I know I left without saying a word. I’m so sorry. I was in a bad place and I didn’t know to where or to who to turn to.” It was a lame excuse, but it was the truth, Liv was lost when she left, she had no idea what to do and leaving seemed the best choice at that moment. “I know, it’s not a decent excuse, but it’s the truth.”

Melbourne ☆ Australia National Quidditch Team Seeker, Living Merch MachineKirupachi

Several long, awkward minutes passed as the twins stared each other down, both bent on imposing their will on the other - except only one had the means to actually do so. Alex felt inadvertently more irritated with the compounded pressure that was being forced to face the situation whether she liked it or not, and crossed her arms while waiting for the one she deemed a former friend to show up. Jamie couldn't help but release a sigh of exasperation. Alex was the oldest of the two, but she could certainly be the more childish one.

Eventually, the doorbell rang - the upstairs one, no less. Jamie saw Alex glance over at the door and tense up; guessing her to want to make a mad dash for it, he immediately brought up his wand against his own kin while walking to the door himself. "Don't even think about it." He spoke, but that only served to irritate her further.

"How about you stop pointing that god damn hand nuke at me first?" She spouted back, and the man relented. Lowering his weapon, yet not releasing his white knuckle grip on the object, he finally decided to give Alex a modicum of the benefit of the doubt and turned to face the door. Opening it to greet Olivia, the half-Veela would be able to see a look of desperation on his face - they had a powder keg on their hands, and it could go off at any moment.

He let his friend in and closed the door, taking an extra precaution by magically locking it as well. As the Squib heard the lock clicking close, her eyebrow twitched with annoyance. "I'm sure this is illegal somehow!" She barked at Jamie, whom didn't bite at the statement that time. He crossed his arms, wand firmly enclosed in his right fist, and leaned back on the door as he watched the pair. Extreme situations had to be met with extreme measures, and Alex's abandonment issues certainly called for such a thing.

As Olivia spoke, Alex gave her the privilege (in her mind) to finish; only to retort almost immediately. "Oh, I don't know, turn to us, maybe? I don't know what the hell happened, but we still exist." Came the hostile tone. She was never one to mask her emotions, and the pain of such a betrayal ran deep. "That's what friends are for, but I guess you never saw us that way, huh?"

Jamie winced at the scathing words. He knew them to be far from the truth - though, it didn't help that he hadn't told Alex what was going on in the past, depriving her of that ground for understanding. In hindsight, if he had done so, regardless of it being a breach of the confidence Olivia had placed in him, it could have been the case that Alex would have gone to the half-Veela to help her out due to the common issue. It could be that she never left, and the whole thing could have been avoided. He couldn't help but start to consider that his sister's pain was partially his fault, and that made him feel ill.

There was a lot of tension in the room, especially when Liv’s eyes met Alex’s. Liv had talked with Jamie before, he understood the situation but explaining it to Alex was going to be more complicated, not because Alex wouldn’t understand but because she was stubborn enough not to want to understand something; at least it was Liv’s idea of the girl, while she never had any direct problem with her, she had seen the younger female interact with others.

Liv shrugged at Alex’s words. As she predicted the younger female was going to take a while to understand everything, which meant Liv would have to tell her all the truth, not let out anything about it. “Alex, I thought of every possibility.” Liv started, unsure how the woman would take her story, as truth or fake, Liv had to take a chance. “And, after pondering everything I wasn’t sure if I wouldn’t turn you on a walking piece of charcoal.” Liv’s only fear was that Alex wasn’t going to understand the situation, meaning Liv would have to go further into details to explain it to her.

“I’m not sure you’ll understand but as you know, I’m a half-veela and I couldn’t trust myself to be near anyone. I almost jumped at a friend that was supposed to meet me and I could barely keep it together.” Liv scratched the back of her head as she watched Alex’s reactions to her words; the words that left her mouth seemed fake, but they were everything but that. “When you say I never saw you as friends … maybe if I didn’t, I would have taken that chance and could have burn you two alive, I’m sorry that I left without a word, the last thing on my mind was to hurt anyone.”

A look of skepticism met Olivia's gaze as Alex refused to believe the half-Veela had considered every option in the book prior to simply leaving. To acknowledge such a possibility would be to acknowledge that her father was better off leaving the family behind for whatever reason as well; it was a pill she refused to swallow. There was always some way that didn't involve abandoning those who cared for them. She would never hear a single argument claiming otherwise.

"Phones don't exist all of a sudden, I guess." She wound up barking out the first thing that came to mind. Jamie opted to leave the two arguing amongst themselves, but the belated plea for some sort of contact took him back several years - he had overheard their mother discuss with their uncle the fact that their father had written one last note to them, to tell them not to look for him. Jamie never told Alex of the fact so to spare her, and given her mental state at that time, it was likely the wise thing to do. It made him think that sometimes a 'last message' was the worst possible thing that could happen. It would make people lash out in denial and refuse to process the inevitable future ahead of them.

Nevertheless, in Alex's rage-filled mind, she could see Olivia's point despite the disagreement. The drummer didn't exactly know how those 'Veela' things worked, but she did know they involved a lot of 'fire', in Jamie's words. If they were influenced by emotions, it would be likely that they'd be burned to smithereens (moreso herself than her brother) before they could say hello; it clashed greatly with her need to hold her friends close at all costs after the great loss she endured in her youth.

"What about now? How the hell do I know you're not just gonna go up 'n leave again? I don't know if that's how you react to everything bad happening in your life, whatever it is that happened." Was that a rollercoaster ride Alex was willing to partake in?

Alex was a tough person, she wasn’t understanding the situation and Liv didn’t want to lose her temper on the woman, she understood that Alex had problems with being left behind, but she also had to understand it was the only way Liv had to gathering her thoughts, even calling back home could potentially make things even worse, the questions she’d have to face. Olivia looked at Alex and took at deep breath trying to keep it cool. She rubbed her forehead as she looked at Alex, who for the most part had every reason to be upset, but Olivia just wanted her to understand.

“At the time I … I didn’t know how to handle things, I was so upset and afraid that I would hurt anyone that I just disappeared. Now if I leave, I promise I’ll call and write.” Olivia tried to reassure Alex that she wasn’t going to do it again, just leaving people behind like that was wrong and she had done to her friends the same May had done to her, they didn’t deserve to be treated like that.

“I think now I … I can’t control things, I will not harm anyone.” She said it again, maybe not just for Alex and Jamie to listen but also for herself. The conversation she had in the past with someone had opened her eyes, she could see all the harm she had done, and it was by talking that people understood one another. “But I am sorry, I didn’t want to burn anyone, I almost attacked Diana, she was supposed to have dinner with us but … well I was a very angry person with several things on fire.” Liv confessed. She looked at Alex with a smile, hopefully she could now understand Liv’s dilemma, tell everyone and risk burning them to a crisp or just disappear from everyone’s life to sort her mind.

“I have to admit it comes in hand in the barbecues, the fire.”

Seeing his sister and Olivia having their somewhat heated back and forth (more one sided than anything on that front), Jamie took the opportunity to slip his wand back into its holster. He didn't feel at all comfortable holding it to stop his kin to begin with, and it was quite relieving to put it away; moreso when Alex didn't seem to notice the fact and didn't make a run for it as a result. The Seeker crossed his arms as he leaned back on the closed door instead, finding it commendable that the half-Veela had been able to keep her cool in the situation - Alex was quickly losing a solid foundation to stand on in his point of view, and maybe, just maybe, things would be okay.

Alex felt effectively disarmed as Olivia promised to contact them should something happen. While she had no reason to trust her, the drummer had no reason to believe her friend would break her promises. With initial defiance she scrunched up her nose, although she visibly settled down the longer Olivia spoke. The little joke didn't make her smile or chuckle, but a sigh of defeat was released instead.

"...Okay, fine." She finally conceded. Her brother was surprised that the bomb was defused so quickly but said nothing of it. "I guess I just wish people would get their heads out their asses and realize they don't have to do shit alone. That's what the people close to them are for. No need to drop off the face of the Earth."

"Look who's talking."

"Shut it."

It was getting easier and easier to talk with Alex, she still seemed upset at the situation, and she should be, it had been Liv’s fault to disappear like that, but at least the squib wasn’t going to start a fight over something like that, at least Olivia didn’t think she was. Olivia looked at Alex with a smile but kept and eye out for Jamie to watch his reaction. Liv thought Alex’s reaction wasn’t entirely bad, it was actually a good reaction everything considering.

She knew Alex had a point, there was no need to disappear, but Olivia was still too scared to hurt them. “I know it’s not a valid reason, but it was my reason to leave, and I’m not going to lie saying it was something else.” She didn’t want to put anyone in danger, Alex had to at least acknowledge that whatever Liv did was thinking not only on her mental health but also on another people’s well-being. “But while I was away, I thought of everyone, I didn’t want to call scared of what you all might thing or do and even try to talk me out of doing anything stupid.” Perhaps that wouldn’t be Alex’s way of dealing with things, but it was Liv’s aunt way of doing things, she would have tried to convince Liv to go back home.

Oliva looked at Jamie, now being evident that she was staring at the younger man. “Are you scared someone is going to hurt you?” she joked slightly with the situation. She was sure he wasn’t afraid, he probably didn’t want to get between the conversation between the two females, but maintaining a safe distance probably wouldn’t be a bad thing either.

"...If you go back on that promise at any point in time, I'll never speak to you again. Got it?" Alex riposted, feeling the need to at least get the last word in - although, that need made her gloss over the fact that if Olivia decided to take her leave once again, there wouldn't be a way to contact her in the first place unless the half-Veela so wished.

It seemed that things had met a peaceful conclusion. Jamie felt like a colossal weight had just come off his shoulders - he had known the nurse to be around for a considerable amount of time at that point and had avoided telling his sister about it to avoid confrontation, pushing it until the very limit where he couldn't dodge the situation anymore. Yet, Alex seemed to be calming down. He figured she'd need a walk to gather her thoughts afterwards, but at least for the time being she seemed to be in minimally better spirits.

"Well yeah, have you see who's in the room?" The Seeker joked back - a half-Veela and a twin with an explosive temper served for a deadly combination. Just had she had finished speaking, Alex seemed to prove his point by throwing a pillow from across the room that hit him squarely in the face. Reflexively, he caught it as it fell down, later glancing at his defiant looking sibling. "That's how it's gonna be, huh?"

With frightening accuracy and force, the pillow was launched back where it came, hitting Alex in the face as well - she lost her balance and fell onto the couch.

• Chat Time