Tallygarunga | The Australian Potterverse
pxmBtN.png
Sturt
Flinders
Spencer
Bourke

VMU Students ☆ VMU studentTecri
23 year old Halfbreed Fairy ☆ She/Her/Hers

Bella had been slightly more anxious for the break, she hadn’t been paying too much attention in class either and she had been unable to get a decent night sleep after the encounter she had a few weeks ago with a fae. The story still seemed unreal, but she had obtained the photograph from her grandmother, she had actually taken the family album, that way would be a lot easier to see through all the photos throughout the years, and it would be a lot easier to carry than loose photographs. She sat on her bed and looked at the album, looking at the photos that had been taken long before she was born until the present day, her grandmother still liked to take photos.

It was time to go, the longer she waited, the longer it would take for her to get all the information. “Alright Jester, it’s now or never.” she began getting ready, slowly, she was trying to relax, trying to see things in a positive way. Where the man lived wasn’t too far, she could easy arrive, however, while she was taking her time in order to calm down, it happened to have the opposite effect. Bella was getting more nervous and anxious with every passing minute. Several ideas kept showing in her mind as she thought if going was the right thing to do, as far as she was concerned, he could be lying to her . . . he didn’t look like he was, she was probably just being stupid as always.

She stopped worrying too much about the situation. She left a note on the kitchen table, she didn’t know how long she was going to take, it was best if others wouldn’t wait for her. She finally left the house with the photo album, if she remembered correctly, the older man lived in Melbourne’s North, once she arrives there, she only needs to find the correct house. In a few minutes, Bella arrived at Melbourne’s North and looked at the address he had given her. She began walking, searching for the place, hoping that the walk would clear her mind and that would help her focus, she couldn’t start acting like a chicken who had its head cut off, she had to be calm about it, there was no point stressing over something that she doesn’t even know how it will end.

Finally, she could see the right property. She looked at the paper and looked at the doorbell, she continued to look back and forth between the two before shoving the paper in her coat’s pocket. She was trying to delay touching the doorbell, she was sure she had a reason, a poor one, delaying would only make things worse. Finally gathering some courage, she rang the doorbell and waited for someone to pick up from the other side. “He-hello…I…I’m…I’m Isabella Mayfield.” She took a deep breath and tried to stay calm, all she wanted to do was turn around and go back home, but it took everything she had to stay. “I’m here to talk to Mr. Windum…”

Melbourne ☆ Gentleman Thief/Philanthropist✩ Kaitore
243 year old Pureblood Fairy ☆ HE/HIM

Vale had spent much of his time between handling minor charitable donations as much as limiting the amount of time he showed up to certain events the last few weeks. Even to the extent of cutting off communications for a brief moment to those that seemed to be a 'stitch' within his 'circle'. His mind needed to be clear and his connection to the very presence of nature had been necessary. He'd been within his true form, that is, the glamour that he wore before Isabella had been taken away to reveal a lithe and tall man, markings stretched across his skin from the base of his neck, down his back and towards various other extremities. Most of it hidden behind fittingly loose clothing, a fabric that had been donned that had been pieced together through the use of treated threads that had been cultivated from unique plants that harbored within the Mounds. The kind that fed purely on magical treatment that the various other 'lower' hierarchy Fae's constantly treat and nurture day-in and day-out. His hair had reached to just above his rear and colored in various blues, the tips of the strands starting out as nearly a stark white blueish hue and as they led towards the roots began to grow darker and darker in a gradient pattern. 

Pointed ears peaked through the sides of his head, barely shuffling the hair that hung off to the side slightly and his eyes held a vibrant tri-colored gleam: Teal, Turqoise, and a Cool Blue radiating from center towards the edges. It'd been a grand mark in those that had been considered Sidhe which showed as a mark of high heritage amongst those that observed such things in the Fae culture. 

He stood within the open-roofed atrium that had been built within his home, completely devoid of any sense of human touch within the center of it as even the rock-step based bath had come from the very Earth that the building had been built upon. While it didn't hold the same amount of strength as being within the deepest depths of nature's confinement it'd been enough to settle the nerves and reinvigorate him to a vibrant strength. Something that he would need if he planned to conjure up the intense power that would be necessary to unbottle, what he expected, had been some kind of curse or maybe even an unintended seal on the soon-to-arrive Isabella's latent gifts. 

While he hadn't been thoroughly sure, part of him felt as if there had been no other answer. The pull and resonation of familial magic had been there, faintly, but there. That faint trickle had been drawing closer, he hadn't been able to tell the state of emotions but the jittery nature that came from the resonation of magic gave him enough of an idea. So, he waited, until that courage had built enough for the doorbell to ring. Only a fraction of a second later the door would start to open up slowly. 

"I am in the Atrium, you can find it by just following the scent of the flowers." The foyer of the home had been designed with a single staircase that led towards the upper level. The floor had been made entirely of maple wood and turned into planks that had been polished and wax into a clean and glossed shine. The walls were designed with smoothed marble and the small house based atrium had been designed with several lengthened windows to allow for the sun to gleam out from it when staring or even the moon itself offering a unique sight regardless of the time of day. The greenery that filled the small area of the home seemed to resonate with a unique animating pull towards them, as if they were acknowledging the presence of one of the 'Fair Ones' as the magic of nature that pooled form him pulled and fed them, giving them a vibrancy seen only in the places least untouched by Human hands in the world. 

"Hopefully you don't mind me showing up in this way. Keeping a glamour up in my own home often seems. . . Counterproductive to the point of it." He laughed amusedly and turned towards the opening of the doorway that led towards the Atrium. 

The door opened and Bella just stared at it for a moment, she tried to look inside until she heard a voice. The voice had caught her by surprise causing her to jump back before she realized who spoke. Bella took another deep breath trying to stay calm and stay in control before she walked inside slowly. Once she was inside, she looked around slowly, still a bit nervous about everything, she couldn’t quite explain what she was feeling, it wasn’t just fear, she was nervous too, maybe she should have stayed home. “No…I need to control it.” the thought was enough to distract her from the nervous feeling that had taken over her.

She followed the scent of the flowers as instructed until she reached what seemed to be a closed door? However, instead of moving she just waited, standing there looking around her, taking in the beauty of the house, it was like entering a whole new world, like stepping out of the real world into a fantasy world. A smile appeared on her lips as she found herself looking at her surroundings. She shook her head a bit nervously. “N-no…I don’t mind…” she spoke in a low tone of voice, trying not to disturb anything or anyone else that could be around the house. She watched carefully as the door opened, she looked at it for a while, wondering if she should walk inside or if she should just wait for him there; it would be rude just to walk in, wouldn’t it? Regardless of her brain saying that she should stay, her feet moved forward towards the door and into the atrium.

“H-hello…” a faint smile appeared on her lips as she waved lightly at the man in front of her. Perhaps it was the area or his presence but she wasn’t as nervous or anxious as before, she was able to breathe a lot better now. “I…I brought the family album…” she held out her arm with the album on her hand. “I … I managed to bring all of it …”

"Come on in, there's no need to be nervous or shy, Bella." The tone of his voice shifted to a warmth to try and welcome the young woman further inside. His hand twists lightly through the air and various strands of vines started to sprout from the ground twisting gingerly into one another until a set of stools had been left as a result. Vale walked on over to one and sat down upon it with ease and a strongly trained posture that befitted someone of high status. The unique clothing that fit around him fell in a drift, as if they were floating on air itself yet there hadn't been any strong current to it. In fact, It'd been more due to the fact of Vale's alignment more towards the Nature of the Forces of Wind itself. 

"Are you hungry? Thirsty? I'm sure I may have something around here for you to eat. . ." His tri-ringed eyes glanced about the area as if deciding where a good place to set up a table would be just before forming one between the two vine-made stools except this had been made with far denser leaves in order to simulate a table's odd wideness. "You should feel absolutely fine in here. May not need that much exposure to nature itself but hopefully it will end up easing you more than you might expect of it." Interacting with Half-Breed's of his Lineage had always been forbidden by his court, that the entanglements between the quickened and the Fair One's were abominations. However, as he stared upon Isabella, he could only count such alarmism as foolhardy and narrow-minded for those that withstood the ages. 

"The Family Album? Ah, yes! Excellent!" His arm extends out and the tips of his fingers touch the album and drew it towards himself, Sliding two digits along the mouth of the books opening as if imagining what could be on the inside then opened it slowly in a calm smooth manner. As he pressed through the pages, many of the individuals showed striking resemblances to the woman, the older women being far more closer in their younger years. That had been when he noticed it, a fond smirk touched his lips as he thought about that encounter for a moment of the past. It'd been when he'd been searching for a specific artifact, a gemmed necklace, that had been stated to touch the user with the ability to touch into their untapped potential. 

"Yes, I remember. . . She managed to take my attention from some work I'd been doing. At first I saw her as a distraction only yet found myself drawn. . . Interested." Eyes closed gently as if the memory replayed within his mind. Settling the album on the Vine-made table his gaze lifted up to Bella with a smile. "I didn't expect. . . . That she'd end up pregnant that night.

It was easy for him to say. Bella was always nervous, except when she was home alone with Jester, everything and everyone made her slightly uncomfortable; she could never figure out why she was so scared of people and often nervous around them, but the man wasn’t an exception, perhaps in a few minutes she can relax enough to be able to speak properly. However, his voice was welcoming and somewhat soothing to her. Bella tried to drive the feelings of uncertainty away, but they were far more persistent than what she had anticipated and now they were nagging her.

She shook her head with a faint smile but didn’t argue when the table appeared. “Thank you.” She spoke as she looked at the table for a few seconds. It was hard to argue with his logic, Bella always felt more at home alone in the wilderness, while she loved her magnificent couch and spending some time inside, she never felt alone while she was enjoying nature. It took longer than it usually did for her to get used to her surroundings, perhaps it was the new experience or the uncertainty of what was going to happen, she simply had to remain positive about it and stop thinking that the man was going to murder her, which was a ridiculous thought.

Bella watched as he took the album, a shy smile crossed her face as she watched as he touched the pages in a gentle touch. It seemed that she didn’t have to say anything to him, he seemed to have found everything he needed on his own. “I don’t think she’d expect it either…” she spoke, before raising her hand towards her mouth. “Sorry…” she lowered her head, she had disrespected the man, even if she was speaking her mind, she was sure her grandmother wouldn’t expect it either, “I mean…she…she was probably caught by surprise at the time.” She tried to explain the true meaning of her words, only this time they didn’t sound as aggressive as her previous one.

A smile automatically appears on her lips upon looking up at him. “She…she didn’t go through it alone…” Bella tried to lend a hand. Perhaps knowing what happened wouldn’t make him feel bad or upset if he was going to feel any of that. “If you look further you see that there are other photos and that when she got married, she already had my mother.” Bella approached the table and Vale before placing her hands on the table. “I’d propose you meeting her again, but I don’t think that would be something that … would end well.”

"Suit yourself! If you do, just let me know I'm sure I can find something." Vale wasn't going to force Bella to eat, after all, that would probably just make her feel far more uncomfortable. Perhaps even conscious that he'd been trying far harder than was practical for either of them. "I have considered expanding it more. . . Maybe some form of underground garden mirror through magic. But the efforts of designing a Mound. . . It is pretty taxing." A gentle hum resonated from him and his head shook before shrugging it off entirely. Something that wasn't important, there'd been no need to expand beyond the necessities he managed to nurture and produce within the area that the two of them sat within. 

The Fae man formed a sly smile while his head tilted towards Bella. "No, I wouldn't think she would've expected it herself. Typically one doesn't unless they've been intentionally planning for it to happen." In his case he often tried to do the exact opposite only for it to somehow end up not only occurring but starting to expand into another generation. "It's good that she seemed to have the strength to go forward with it." Along with the consideration of how unpredictable Fae abilities could be in a Human Half-Breed he found it far more commendable than most would've seen it as, most that hadn't been aware of the kind of risks that could occur. Especially when one had to consider the allergies faced, while not heavily detrimental to Non-Full blooded Fae, still held an effect against them in some ways. 

"She didn't. . .?" The man's voice trailed off as his mind drifted into thought. That meant she had support, perhaps far better support than he ever would've been able to provide when it came to emotional structure. Or. . . Perhaps he could've been far more involved and maybe even deterred the unfortunate fate. . .? His head shook lightly, the lack of his presence was a unique kind of crime and his responsibility to accept a Parental negligence. Once prompted his fingers started to shift through the pages gingerly, taking in each image that passed by his eyes in for some time before continuing on to the next then shifting the page to one that his vision had yet to touch. A wandering finger drifted and traced an old picture showing a woman holding what seemed to be a baby girl which prompted a forlorn hum to vibrate from him. 

Vale felt a sense of gladness that she hadn't been alone in raising their child, their Grandchild. Yet. . . He was a man who still, unlike many of his people, had a high sense of responsibility towards the things he brought and had done within the world. Things and people that would make waves indefinitely in the lives of various others and that struck him enough to offer softened yet saddened gaze. Her words snapped him from the deeply entranced maze his mind had started to build, eyes settling on the young woman. "Just because it might not end well doesn't mean it should be avoided." If their meaning of existence had been similar, perhaps it would make more sense to avoid, to never speak of something. But when one faced a certain mortality, he found, words and things they desired to say needed to be said. 

"I would be willing to meet her."

Relax was how Bella was starting to feel more relaxed. She looked around, still a bit skittish about everything but far more relaxed than she was when she had first arrived. She turned her attention to the fae. “You can use an expansion spell…I mean…it’s cheap and easy to do, not entirely legal but ...” she shrugged. She wasn’t even sure why she suggested it in the first place now that she thinks about the reason to speak up.

She just remained quiet, looking at him as he spoke. She played with her fingers as she watched the fae. “She…she doesn’t talk much about it but I don’t think it was an entirely bad thing for her…” the older woman could have resented the event and her daughter and yet as far as Bella remembers her grandmother hadn’t been anything less than a good mother towards her daughter and towards Bella, even if Bella’s mother did what she did, the younger woman could see that her grandmother didn’t have any regrets. It probably didn’t mean much to the man, even if he seemed genuinely interested, it was one thing that happened a long time ago and nothing more, at least it was how Bella saw it.

Bella shook her head, replying to his question before smiling at him. She watched, her eyes fixated on him and his reactions as he viewed every photograph. She would have done something, she could sense a sort of sadness, but Bella was helpless in these situations. “If you want one, I think I can make a copy of it…” while she was nothing more than average in her magical abilities, she was sure she could replicate the album without too much work, it could take a while but in the end he would be able to keep it.

Him wanting to meet her grandmother again was a surprise, she didn’t think he would agree, and she wasn’t sure if the woman was going to die of a heart attack, which was possible. “I can arrange that … might need to tell her first, I don’t want her to have a heart attack…” Bella said as a joke. She scratched the back of her head a bit embarrassed, her hair moved with every movement she made with her hand. She was still processing everything, it was a lot to take in, she hadn’t even mentioned anyone about this, perhaps when everything seems more real she will finally end processing it all.

Somethings couldn't be coerced fully, much like nature, Human personalities and insecurities along with worries needed to be tended towards. Sometimes to cultivate a sense of being able to thrive even in the most awkward of tense situations. While he didn't consider himself an imposing figure he also couldn't place a finger on why the young woman had been so alert and wary even if she'd been calming down bit by bit over time. "Ahaha, Wizarding spells don't really work for me in such a way, Dear Bella. I'm entirely, one-hundred and fifty percent of the Fae people. Our ways are somewhat different almost far more grandiose in comparison. Yet, that comes far more with age." His hand rose up slightly and he waved it in a dismissive manner. "The government of Humans. . . They typically don't impress me. I could make a Mound right in the middle of the Ministry and I bet they would be none the wiser!" He chuckled at the thought of such an occurrence. 

A solemn nod flows from him. "It was never my intention to leave behind a responsibility. None the less, it must be acknowledged that I did and equally so acknowledged that she didn't." It wasn't uncommon for the Fae people to meet and contrive a child with a mortal, Human's had always been a curiosity. Temptation and allure in many ways while others saw them as a means to create tools and unique agents within the world for their own benefit and manipulating hand. "But it is clear she knew how to adapt, to nurture. It is worn on you strongly especially the affection that you hold for her." Admittedly there'd been a sense of jealousy in that regard. Had he any reason to be? No, the chance had been his own that he squandered from youthful discretion and a means to play at his true occupation in life over the potential ramifications of laying with various women - the spawns that could arrive within them from such entanglements.

"A copy. . .?" His voice parroted in a soft wondering tone, a course of air pushed through his nostrils as he stared upon the pictures in forlorn thought. Then a nod flowed and gaze lifted up to stare upon her. "That would be lovely, thank you. It would give me time to truly absorb what I'd missed." While it may have sounded like a cruel kind of punishment to subject oneself to if they held a mortal life time, his own had been for the sake that he wouldn't forgetting. If he could spend the time constantly seeing, imprinting, embedding it within his mind that it may never be lost even with the passage of time itself. Closing it gently he slide it in a smooth and eased motion towards Isabella's direction. 

"Excellent! Yes, it is probably for the best to tell her the reasons rather than surprise her." A gentle but breathy chuckle of amusement expelled passed his lips, almost as if it had been the air itself in the manner it flowed. Then he started to affix his posture once more. "Aaah. . . But we truly didn't come her to focus solely on my failings in life as an individual." Both of his hands pressed against the skin pleasing fabric he wore as he brushed the palms of his hands against it several times to straighten them out. "We came to see if we could unlock that locked potential in you, didn't we? To see if we can unravel that spark of Fae Magic within you to push it to the surface with your Wizarding Magic."

She had no idea the wizarding magic would be useless in that situation, it proved how little she knew about fae magic. It was clearly a stupid thing to propose, she should have known that fae magic was different and that something like that wouldn’t possible work with him. She awkwardly played with her fingers, embarrassed for making such a mistake.

It was a concept hard for her to understand, he didn’t know, and he had no possible way of knowing. While it much have hurt her grandmother at first, she was sure it wasn’t anything that would have led the woman through dangerous paths. “True but … you didn’t know.” He probably would consider it a lame excuse, but it was the real one, for what it seemed the man wasn’t the type to just leave, especially since he seemed to show curiosity and even remorse. Hearing the way, he talked about her grandmother made Bella smile. She was proud in her grandmother, she had been a great support for Bella, especially after her mother died. “She took care of me when my mother died and…she did her best…” it was a complicated time, a time that not many people knew about, but it wasn’t easy for the woman, having lost two grandchildren in the past, having her daughter sent to a place like that, and then hearing about her daughter’s death.

Bella looked up as the man spoke. “I can make you quickly.” She waited until he slid the album back to her, Bella made a copy, page by page, photo by photo, carefully until the new book found itself next to the original. Bella pushed the copy towards Vale. “You’re still on time, you haven’t missed everything.” not the best consolation prize, but Bella was still there, not everything was lost and there was no point in talking like it was, while Bella didn’t think she would be enough she would have to do.

She chuckled when she heard him, but she quickly stopped, maybe she was crossing some sort of boundary. “You know … no one is perfect, and you didn’t know, and mistakes can happen…” she wasn’t even sure if mistakes among fae was common but she knew in humans was, but he was right, they were there to talk about other important business, the reason she was there in the first place. Using wizarding magic wasn’t too difficult for Bella, while she wasn’t the best using it, she was sure she could pull something off quiet easily.

“Alright, what would you have me do? Lift things?” she asked as she lifted a few things from the table, she continued to do so to everything that she saw that could be lifted from a surface with her face.

His head shook subtly, a smile that never seemed to leave his face even in the midst of the mistake of suggestion. It hadn't been her fault and in truth he'd be surprised if most of the Wizarding world had even been aware of how Magic with other races worked. While it'd been common knowledge few bolstered their own unique arts, it'd often been difficult to understand the 'how' when the methods and intuitions had been so largely different in the first place. "It's alright, Bella. Don't worry about it. It's all supposed to be a learning experience and in time you'll understand bit by bit. It's what makes knowledge impactful and worth it." To him, there'd been no reason or her to feel as she did. 

"Ignorance isn't always an excuse for negligence. It may make this understandable but I don't believe it invalidates anything else." Though he spoke it'd been obvious by the tone of his voice that he understood it was also a matter of perception. The way he saw it may not have been the way she or her Grandmother may have. Either way, he needed to live in a way that dictated his own consciousness. "It's all one could do in that situation, I wager. You can see the effort when it's taken route by just looking at you, honestly." While her Mother may have taken a different path in life, it didn't mean her lessons were ineffective as much as it meant she didn't care to make them effective. In his eyes, Isabella was the proof that the woman he'd left behind from a brief moment had done miracles work. 

"I haven't missed everything, huh?" A small smile stretched across his lips while he stares towards the young woman. He hadn't expected to be accepted in the first place and yet her words seemed to open that door, at least when it came into connection with her own life. Even then, he'd planned to some how assist in her comfortability of living, that if she'd ever have a need that there wouldn't be a wonder or worry on the resources necessary to ascertain the need. "Then yes, I would love one."

Vale nodded towards her, Mistakes did often happen and with those that lived long they echoed further within. Still, there'd been a wisdom in understanding that not everything moved according to a defined or intended plan. If he'd been careful than he wouldn't be sitting across from the young woman and that perhaps would've been a far worse fate in a lot of ways, not just for himself but for her as well when it came to his mind considering the implication that the revelation of an actual blood relative provoked within his mind. 

"Lift things. . .?" He asked questioningly, the expression on his fast gradually shifted and moved into one of pure amusement as he laughed while slowly standing up. "No, nothing of the sort, Bella. Truthfully, it's just a simple magical ritual." His hand showcased the center area of the greenery filled enclosure. "I will use a sense of the Cardinal direction of the Tree's and their ever expanding influence through the balance of nature to try and connect you back to what is your heritage. It will take a bit of forcing, doubly so to reconnect and break any curses that maybe locked onto the soul itself."

Clearly Bella wasn’t cut out for that, she could barely distinguish between the different types of magic and it didn’t matter what he said, he was probably just being nice to her. He didn’t have to, she knew her limitations and she knew she wasn’t barely average in everything she did, in some things she was even bellow that. But his words were kind, regardless of what she thought but if she could understand the better, she couldn’t say the wrong thing so often.

While ignorance wasn’t always an excuse, she didn’t think it could be considered negligence, at least not completely. He didn’t seem to be the kind of person to just quit things or leave them halfway, he might not have had a reason to leave, but he also didn’t have a reason to stay. Bella believed it was no one’s fault, just random events that led to something, no one could be blamed. She smiled at him a but shyly, she wasn’t anything special, unlike her grandmother.

She looked up from the album with a smile, it took her a while to finally think everything over there was nothing that would justify cutting him off, not accepting him and not sharing things with him, if he wished to be part of it, in her opinion he was welcomed to. “You haven’t. I mean…you don’t have to miss anything else if you don’t want to.” Her hands ran through the original album as she watched the copy she had made on the other side of the table, even if he hadn’t been there, he could at least view some of the things that happened. “If you want…I can go with you through the photos and tell you the story behind them? The ones I remember.” She scratched the back of her head a bit scared that he would decline. She had time during the winter break, if he really wanted, they just needed to meet more.

Bella felt ridiculous even mentioning that. Why did she had to open her mouth? Whenever she thought everything was going great, she had to fuck things up with her stupidity. She listened to him explain, this time quiet as he spoke, she didn’t want to say anything stupid again. She looked at the location he said he was going to use. She hoped the ritual didn’t hurt her, not him, she’d rather stay that way than to bother him with her things. “And, how would it work exactly? If-if you don’t mind telling me? Do I go there? You are...or I don't even need to move?” she was confused about how things worked, she wanted to understand the process, but now that she wonders about it, maybe it had been a stupid question.