Cbox
No advertising, and be nice! Not much happening here? Check out our Discord!
pxmBtN.png
Sturt
Flinders
Spencer
Bourke

Spencer ☆ Seventh Year ☆ StudentTecri
17 year old Muggleborn Human ☆ she/her

Continuing from Heart's Bore in this War

She shook her head, he shouldn’t apologize for it, even if she was fine, she was grateful that he was taking the time to see if she had been injured in any other way, it was sweet, the side of him she got to see more often, and she enjoyed it. Max had to admit that if she was in his position, she would have done the same thing, trying to be sure that no one was injured, with so many things destroyed that night something could have hit them. She looked at him, still worried about what had happened to him, she had to talk to him once they leave that awful place.

“I’m not going to let you sleep on the floor.” she spoke staring at him, her voice was firm. She wasn’t going to let him give up his own comfort because of her, they could share it. It wasn’t going to be uncomfortable sharing a bed with someone, especially not him considering they had already fallen asleep together watching the movie. This time shouldn’t be too different, the only difference now was that they were both aware of how they felt, perhaps it would be a little awkward at first. “You deserve it more than I do. You look alright but…”

She walked alongside him to exit the warehouse as he explained where the house was; the location was one of the best locations in Narrie and where the wealthy lived. She nodded as he mentioned his father. It was probably a wise choice considering it’s easier to move around when one has money, but now there was a problem they probably hadn’t anticipated. “But won’t people be suspicious of how those two aren’t around anymore?” if anyone in the neighborhood had seen them, it meant that Senan would have to come up with a plan to explain what he’s doing in that house.

Soon they should be able to relax and by tomorrow Max was sure everything would be alright, but she probably wasn’t going to classes that day. He wasn’t wrong, Australia was a dangerous country. “We Australians do like to live dangerously, haven’t you heard? Freefall awaits the brave.” She looked at him with a cheeky smile before winking. Before she could do or say anything else, they found themselves in the Astley Walk. The couldn’t wait to get her apparition license to stop using these things, she should be used to them, but she still felt dizzy whenever they arrived at the destined location, almost losing her balance.

Sturt ☆ Sixth Year ☆ Double Agent✩ Kaitore
16 year old Halfbreed Fairy ☆ HE/HIM

There she went again, her assertive tone that caused him to stare at her dumbfounded for a moment. A spike of heat hit his body, heart began to thump rapidly at the sureness of her foot being placed in a firm manner. Why did that seldom part of her excite him so much. . .? Lightly smiling, lips parted as he laughed briefly as a means to push that lingering heat inside of him away. "I deserve nothing more than anyone, Max. If anything you're the one who earned the relaxation and comfort." To him, it wasn't a matter that he'd been subject to the brunt of the attack from one of the Wizard's. It's that Max managed to dispatch her own nuisance and save him in the process. "But I know you won't budge on that thought, stubborn as you are. It's only fitting we share regardless.

Not that he had any problem with the idea, it'd left from his own mouth as a solution. It'd been the uncertainty what could change, what the meaning of it all would be between the two of them now. A case of truth had been split open in the heat of the moment, even if it'd been received amicably there still had been no deciding course of who they were to one another, what changes were coming for them. Friendship? More. . .? By Oberon's golden crown and swift sabre, he hoped that it would be more. There'd been an understanding, however, that just because they agreed on mutual emotions, it didn't mean that she felt 'ready' to move in that kind of direction. 

Senan's eyes squinted for a moment and shrugged lightly. "It's possible. Though very few care to be that engrossed in a person's life. I can't discount the nosey housewife however." There'd been times he saw some leer at him, as if he'd been suspicious or obviously hadn't belonged with the deceased two. His head shook lightly. "But it isn't uncommon for people to be sent with Guardian's that end up leaving on some business trip. That will have to be my excuse for the time being until I can find a far more concrete plan. . ." There had been one idea that stretched in his mind but he couldn't call it a sure-shot until he came face to face with it as a viable option. 

A smirk touched his lips at her response, she spoke true. Very few would've even followed him into the jaws of a suicidal plan and yet she did so, albeit with obvious fear and reservations. But he might have thought her a lunatic if she hadn't felt that way. 

Arriving in a spark of light next to a single floor family home with sandy brown bricked walls, A slightly tented roof extended on top of it with complimentary black shingles. Most of the surrounding land around it had been a dingy greenery, signifying that the shift in the season had been taking place on the vegetation, a single well paved pathway led up the door of the home with no steps leading inside of it. The property had been lined with a thin-metal spiked point fence left to its natural metallic color of, a dull black. The windows were pristine yet no sight could be witnessed inside due to the navy blue curtains that hung to obscure view. 

With their hands still joined, Senan led the way to the door and opened it up with several knocks of his want to disable the protections - Or, at least he would've if there'd been any on there in the first place. His head shifted to the side lightly as he pushed the door open cautiously. "The protections were dismantled. . . I think someone was here." Perhaps even -is- there. He'd hoped it was the former as he wasn't sure either of them had the energy for another battle against someone exceptionally skill in the art of warfare and combat. He pushed passed the threshold to the home, the arm that held his hand that clutched Max's held behind him to offer his body as a defense over hers.

For a place that had been raided it looked untouched, nothing had been tossed about and the home had lit quite pleasantly. The walls were the same as outside, bricked, yet with far more of a brown to them as they'd been protected from the harshest of weather elements. The entry point of the home had been a modest space, almost like a miniature foyer that followed a hall that broke into a couple of rooms on the right and left hand side and then expanded out to where the Dining Room-Living Room had been separated by sliding doors left a jarred. Careful steps took place and while he could see no presence in the home there seemed to be a single tented note settled at the center of the dining room table. 

That didn't settle well with the young man, never the less, that was a problem he could address a bit later. "Are you thirsty. . .? You should sit down for a bit, I imagine we have a lot we want to talk about." It seemed like  'a lot', heavy feelings and emotions always seemed so bountiful whether positive or negative. 

She had decided that they would both share the bed and he knew she wasn’t going to let him sleep on the floor because if he was stubborn enough to do it, she would join him on the floor. She didn’t win anything, not without him, if it hadn’t been for his potions, she probably wouldn’t have been able to do anything. It was a team effort, they both won, but at least he wasn’t going to argue with her about it, but as she thought about it more, it could be that they’d both be in a tight spot. What were they exactly? Max looked up at him trying to find an answer, but she knew she wasn’t going to get one. Her only choice was the wait until they got someplace where they could have a better conversation.

Perhaps he could easily work something out, shouldn’t be too hard if someone asks, and considering he was no longer a young child she hopped his excuse would suffice to ease the curiosity of some people, she knew how certain neighborhoods were, no matter how high class it was there was always this one neighbor that liked to stick their nose in other people’s businesses.

The house seemed cozy. She assumed everyone liked to live in a decent house, even if they were dark wizards didn’t mean that they couldn’t feel the same about a place to live. She followed him quietly, looking around the premise to see if there were spectators, but there were none. She looked at the door and then at him, who had been there? Was there a third party he didn’t know about? Was the house a trap? Or maybe it had been whoever killed the dark wizards previously, perhaps they knew their location because they had broken into this house.

“Could it be…you know…the other person?” she asked as her hand continued to hold his. It seemed that no one else was there, just them. Just like on the outside the house seemed cozy, but she knew to who it had belonged, which was probably preventing her from seeing all the good things it had to offer, maybe when she looks at it in a different light, she can see the true beauty of it. She looked around, noticing the note on the table. “There’s a note on the table, do you think it’s a trap?” she asked trying to take a peek, but Senan’s voice pulled her to him.

“I do take a glass of water, but I don’t want to sit down.” She looked at Senan with a smile on her lips. She understood what he meant by talking, perhaps he had said that in the heat of the moment and didn’t mean it or perhaps he was having second thoughts. Max’s mind wondered for a while before reason kicked in, he was a rational person, he wouldn’t have said something if he didn’t mean too. Her heart began to beat a little faster wondering about what they were going to talk.

“So…about what happened…” she wasn’t even sure what to say, she knew what she wanted to do, but to speak? There were no words to describe how much she cared for him or how much he made her happy. "What you said...what I said..." 

Predicting which person would grow curious enough hadn't been an easy feat for him, not when he rarely acknowledged his neighbor's unless their eyes had been far more obviously trained than through the shielding of bent blinds. It did, however, remind him that complaceny hadn't been an option. Whatever steps he took to make sure that the story could be believable, it would need to be done at a pace with well thought precision. A single detail out of place could be catastrophic, certain knowledges still were on his list of being contained, buried deeply in a hole of secrets that should never be unplied. 

The home he wanted to playoff as being inviting but the history of those that once lived there perhaps tainted it far more than he'd give credit towards. To be in a place where someone that's crossed paths in a violent way, whose acts are anything short of evil held a strong discrimination against wherever they've occupied. Whether dead or alive, their new home - or rather her new home and his current one - would need to be changed. Altered to fit them, cleansed in a way by showing people lived there, happily and triumphantly. The thought crossed his mind that perhaps she could decorate it in her own fashion. 

'Maybe that might not be the greatest idea. . . We shall see.

"That had been my first guess, truthfully." The wards protected against Wizarding magic adequately as well as intruders of a certain kind. It wasn't improbable that his Mother or some agent she sent could've dismantled it but the likely hood. . .? It was the kind of intervention that wouldn't be likely, in his honest considerations but he'd been surprised in a myriad of ways by the ancient Woman's actions before. "It seems they've left. Can just reapply some unique form of enchantments." Whether they'd end up holding as accurately remained to be seen. He smirked lightly towards Max as she tried to peak at the contents of the letter. "Curiosity must be one of the hardest traits for you." Senan teased lightly. 

He nodded fluidly and made his way towards the cabinet and opened it up, various clear glasses displayed on the various shelves. His hand rose up and grasped one of the glasses and pulled it off one of the shelf's, rinsed it out at the nearby sink and began to pour water from a pitcher into it. After it had reached slightly above half of the glass he walked back towards Max and handed it to her with a returned smile. "I don't blame you for not wanting to sit down. Battle nerves tend to do that, riding the Telegraph even more so afterwards." Even being used to combat it tended to take more out of his body than he liked to admit, usually only having enough strength as long as the adrenaline would last through his system. 

"Yes. . . Uhm, What we said. . ." Why had it felt so embarrassing to him? It left his mouth, the weight of his heart and affection towards her had no longer been a secret. Yet, now, in the peace of the quiet environment his cheeks brightened and the knot in his chest tightened in the uncertainty of the outcome of admitting it. "I meant it, Max. It wasn't the heat of the moment or just a kind of survivor's revelation." Not that it wasn't a revelation, it'd been in the midst of realizing that he didn't want to lose her, hiding and shielding his feelings from not only her but himself as well nearly cost him the chance of just telling her. "I like you. I really, really like you. Just being around you is well. . . It's great. You get me to feel in ways I never thought had even been possible, sometimes even downright uncomrpehensible to myself on what the feelings are. Only knowing that they feel good.

Saying it so openly, boldly. It made him sound like he'd more than fallen for her, it'd been on the edge of the scary idea that he actually loved the upbeat young teen and that had been a nervousness that caused him to sweat if that had been the case. "I want to be with you, to be yours in a way that no one else can claim." There'd been no reason for him to mince words, to beat around the bush. She needed to know what to expect in him, the kind of thought and idea he held with what they'd mean to one another. 

The house was indeed empty, they could now relax in peace and quiet after the night they had. Max was still thinking about the note on the table, she was curious and wanted to know what was written on it, but now that Senan caught her trying to take a look she had to control herself not to, she didn’t want to look so desperate for information, she was, she just didn’t want to look like she was. She was glad he could understand that she didn’t want to sit down, not only was she still nervous about the situation she wanted to be able to look at Senan’s eyes from a closer distance.

She looked at him as he began talking, her heart started to beat faster than the before, and even if the tingling sensation had died down earlier it began burning again, and not in a good way, it only made her more nervous about what he was going to say. She controlled herself not to do anything hasty but when he began talking, she couldn’t contain a smile. “I also meant what I said Senan, it’s…I don’t think I can put it in words.” She wanted to speak, to explain her feelings, but how could she explain something that could only be explained with actions. “What I mean is…I can’t begin to explain how much I enjoy being with you.”

Max was having a hard time with words, it wasn’t the first time she’d been unable to explain something, and all those times had happened when he was around, he practically left her speechless. “I want you and I want you to want me.” What else could she do or say to make it believable? It seemed that she was only repeating his words, but she felt them more than he could possibly imagine. It took her a while to realize how much she cared for him, but she was still wondering how deep her own feelings were.

She approached Senan and put her hands on his shoulders. “There’s this one thing I’ve been hoping to do, but … people just didn’t leave us alone…and that Goddamned neckless…” She wanted to kiss him, but she was still having doubts if that’s what he wanted. She stared at him, she tried to look for the answer in his eyes, she wanted it to be yes. “Can I do it? Or is it too weird?”

The contents of the letter he hadn't planned on barring from her, while secrecy had been part of his life he knew when it benefitted him and when it'd only lead to larger issues. The words he spoke to her, the ones that stated his intention and his feelings gave away the understanding in himself that Maxine, perhaps more than anyone, deserved far more truth and openness from him than he'd been willing to give to anyone. Whether it'd been out of her earning it or the overwhelming feelings that has led him to many choices involving her, couldn't be stated by him with any certainty. It didn't seemed to matter regardless the reason to him, as long as he'd been opened from the start. 

Her smile caused his own to stretch widely, forming more firmly as she spoke. A soft laughter escaped from him and he nodded towards her several times in understanding and agreement. "Yes! I get what you mean. It feels as if. . ." What could he even use to be a description? Everything seemed to pale in comparison to the well of attention he wanted from her, that lingering desire for her presence often, whenever possible. "As if I can't get enough of you. Your presence, personality, and spunk are some of the many traits you hold that I feel I always want to be around to witness." If he were to say every single thing about her that he'd noticed, that he wanted, they probably wouldn't end up going to sleep for some time. 

Hearing the words so boldly ended up causing him to laugh in embarrassment, cheeks reddening and a wide goofy smile to crook along his lips. She wanted him, no one ever wanted him, not like that - not with actual emotion and desire to also be wanted by him. "I do want you. And I've been hoping you wanted me too for the last few weeks. Since. . ." It had been since that night in F3, It had to be, when all the emotions began to flood and confuse. That was the time where he began trying to search himself for the reason and could find no clue to that mystery until tonight. "Since the night in F3, When I had held you. Our eyes wouldn't leave from one another.

Senan understood what she meant immediately, it had been something they talked about before wanting to do or to try but things just kept. . . Going so wrong that day. Tonight, it seemed fate had been more on their side but how much more for this moment? In response to her hands pressed on his shoulders, his arms started to snake around her waist in a slow coupling then pulled her gently against him to close that gap between their bodies. "It's not too weird. I've been thinking since then when the perfect time for it would be." Now seemed better than anything, no people around that could interrupt them. The trouble that had been long passed, it'd only been the two of them and their feelings bore raw for the two of them. 

He leaned in slowly, eyes closed and then pressed his lips against hers in a gentle weight. His heart skipped a beat in the moment their lips touched, the feeling of butterflies fluttered at the center of his abdomen in a warmth that he couldn't explain. More meaningful pressure started to press as they lingered, not wanting it to end so soon, to avoid making the moment unforgettable in his memory. Her lips felt soft, inviting, and a soothing warmth that caused his shoulders to lower in relaxation. One of his arms lifted up as he pressed the palm of his hand against the center of her back in an intimate embrace while pushing their bodies as close as possible.  

As she suspected, words weren’t even enough to cover how she felt, it only showed the outer layer of their feelings. How could she even begin to explain how she felt whenever she saw his face? How could she explain that her heart filled with joy whenever she saw his smile or heard his laughter? She sounded like a crazy person in love, but she didn’t care how it sounded, perhaps it was too far from the truth, a scary yet liberating truth.

Her cheeks soon gained a red coloration from his statement, her smile grew wider as he spoke. She never thought anyone would want her or would want to be with her, yet there he was. He could do so many things she couldn’t, he was so many things she wasn’t, and it seemed insane how two people, who were different could ever want one another. That night when she discovered the truth, it had also been the night where they were able to show some degree of emotion. “I remember that night, it…it took me a while to realize it…but I’m happy I did. If I remember correctly, you also tried to shield me.”

She felt his arms around her as he pulled her closer to him, the warmth felt good. Max watched his face leaned forward to hers, she closed her eyes before feeling the touch of his lips against hers, still carried the same soft touch, this wasn’t like their accident. Unlike that day, this kiss was intentional. The tingling sensation in her heart changed once more, it wasn’t doubt or fear. Her heart rate increased, she didn’t want to pull away from him. Still, like the first time they kissed accidentally, she could taste the sweetness and feel the softness of his lips.

Max warped her arms around his neck as she felt his hand on her back. She could feel the warmth of his body pressed against hers as her lips pressed against his one more time before it was time to pull away. Max bit her lower lip lightly as she stared at Senan, his grey eyes seemed even more welcoming than before, which ended up pulling a smile from her. She wanted to speak, say words, anything, but Senan had that effect on her, he could make her speechless. 

No one had been more surprised than him that he actually held a positive outlook on another person, let alone to such degrees as wanting to have their general presence around for simply being themselves. He'd been so accustomed to pushing people away, avoiding them, finding ways to piss them off just enough that they left on their own. Yet, no matter what he did to try and shake her away she still managed to stick around and at some point. . . All of that distance melded away as if they'd been chained together willingly rather than simply co-existing. She ended up being an immovable piece in his life that he hadn't been willing to give up for any cost and had been willing to risk any cost to keep her. 

"I've tried to shield you several times without thinking." The way he sounded as he stated it had leaned more towards bewildered yet not displeased. It'd been a surprise that he found pleasant in himself; Redemption was possible for him after all it seemed, as a better human being. A depth he hadn't expected himself to really hold even with the various acts of charity he tried to do for those that were targeted by the deceased Dark Wizard's. It took Maxine to bring the consideration that perhaps he held enough of a heart to actually generate genuine care and concern for another persons wellbeing, not because it was 'right' or the 'Good thing'. Simply because he was human - In a matter of speaking. "I will always try to shield you too even if you're against it. I protect you because I care.

As their lips pressed, that familiar softness that he often found himself not only day dreaming about but also dreaming about came into mind. A course of air passed through his nostrils heatedly as the longer he found himself enjoying it, the longer his body responded: Heart thumping, blood pulse running at a high speed, the temperature of his body heating up with an odd feeling the stretched across it. Enjoyment that had been far different from 'fun' and moved towards true delightful contentment. She made him feel. . .

Bliss. 

Once the kiss had been broken he found himself staring into her clear blue eyes, that caught him off guard in a good way. It instantly drew him into her gaze like a dog by the leash and he began to settle into the feeling of her arms curled around his neck. He could get used to the feeling of her within his grasp, their lips showing a unique kind of communication that couldn't be expressed simply through words alone at times. His grasp hesitantly started to unravel from around her, the palms of his hand slid slowly along her waist to feel every beautiful curve - something he'd admired before while just holding her the night they watched the movie. 

Silence fell and for once it hadn't been due to an awkward hesitance. Rather, it was the effect of being adored that hung in the air in a welcoming embrace. "Well I guess we're. . . Dating then?" As if it needed to be verbally confirmed and yet it'd been more so because he still hadn't believed in the moment that lingered. Speaking of the things that lingered his eyes drifted towards the note that had been left as it now started to eat it him slightly, if it was someone that could be considered a threat to Max's life then he would need to know as much as he could to protect her. 

Without much of a pause his hand reached out and spread open the paper that had been left to read the contents that had been written on it. 

'If you're going to run covert operations it is often better to strengthen and then use several more backup's for your alarms than you did. Rookie mistake, it happens to everyone the first few times especially when they're bumbling their steps in the information mill. I'm somewhat surprised such a risk had been made in assuming that I wouldn't know when someone was probing around where they shouldn't be in the least. I cleaned up a mess for you, it's what I do on various occasions for many. I've no true idea whom you are but if you're truly still so insistent follow the path that leads to the Fae that Makes what she Cannot Use.  - DC'

Reading the words caused him to twitch in annoyance, body stiffened as he bit his lower lip in forceful chew enough that it started to tear at the skin and bleed. 'Bastard! He knew this whole time?!" He wasn't sure how to feel about it and even less with the cryptic riddle that had been written. Was this a trap? Did he intend to fight him? If that'd been the case without the other two. . . His gaze turned towards Max as he tried not to let the uncertainty turn into a sense of fear in him on what he might lose after gaining it. The tip of his finger pressed against the paper and slid it gently in front of her. "DC is, whom I assume to be Dylan Connell. From what was written he was the one that took out those two Wizard's. That means he beat us here, dismantled the magical protections and left without even disturbing anything else and before we could notice.

Senan's head shook lightly. "I have no idea what in Oberon's name that riddle would mean." What couldn't a Fae use that they would actively make? That had been as many things as the Goblin's tended to make. 

That was probably one of her biggest fears now, that trying to protect her he ends up getting hurt and that he can’t be healed. She stared at him knowing that it could happen, they could perhaps be safe for now, but she knew it wasn’t going to last forever and one day something was going to happen. It wasn’t something Max usually worries about, but now her view of the world changed, it wasn’t just her if she got hurt was one thing, but seeing someone she cared so deeply for getting hurt was different, it was painful.

She might enjoy the soft touch of his lips and their sweet taste, but it was his eyes she couldn’t keep her eyes from. She smiled at his question before nodding. “I suppose we are.” She didn’t require a verbal confirmation, but in a way, it pulled her back to reality. They were together, they kissed, and they do think of each other as more than friends, it reassured her that she wasn’t laying unconscious on the warehouse floor dreaming about what could have been.

Max let him go, it was time to move forward towards other affairs, like the note on the table. She read the note and found it oddly confusing, perhaps whoever killed the other wizards was indeed a friend, an ally. She watched Senan’s reaction to the note. “Dylan Connell? Isn’t that the person you’re looking for?” she looked at him confused. She could understand why Dylan would help, in a way, they seemed to be after him it made sense that he would want them gone.

He also seemed perplexed with the riddle. “I don’t understand the riddle…” she felt somewhat stupid. “Who’s the Fae his talking about? Your mother or someone else?” she knew Senan’s mother was Fae, but she was even more confused about the puzzle. “What do you think of this? I want to believe he’s not that bad of a person and that he’s actually an ally, but maybe I’m just being naïve.” She was starting to be worried, thinking that someone else out there might have the same intention as the two wizards. Max wrapped an arm around Senan’s torso. “You still want to find him, right? We can start looking tomorrow if you want.”

Knowing her, how much she'd risked for and with him? He didn't expect her to just let him risk his body for her, she'd been about as protective as he'd been perhaps far more in his mind. The life he lived had been a dangerous one and there most likely had been no true end in sight for it, either he'd end up having to hide away like some petty streetrat, delving even further into the Underground or placing his unique expertise towards another kind of job and intention. That. . . Hadn't been his plan, though maybe it should've been? Maybe he should have a plan if it meant offering a better chance at life not just for himself but for Max, for them

He laughed, geekily so, which caused his hand to raise up and clamp over his mouth. The thought and excitement that pulsed through him from hearing the agreement had been profound, he truly found his steps in feeling happy at the thought of it. When the bubbled feeling started to lower, his hand did as well. She was his girlfriend, he never had a girlfriend, maybe 'Lovers' but even that term had been far more generous than what they actually had been to him. No, she took a pinnacle of her own that no one else could claim in his life. "I guess that means we're going to have to do that oil ritual at some point." At first he tried to make it seem like a partial joke, the thought of it caused his cheeks to redden. That still had been a massively intimate step that held its own special implications too. 

The note, however, stripped away that blush and embarrassment about how intimate the process would be. He nodded towards her question in a sterness, still trying to process it all through his mind. How long had he been on to them? Intentionally dodging them? "Yes, it is. I should've known. . . Expected that the rumors and notice would've spread to people that could access it too." When his head shook an expression of disappointment in himself for making such a foolish stumble and mistake. A sign that he still had ways to go before he could make his footsteps and movements utterly untraceable in informatable circles. 

"It has to be someone else. He shouldn't know about my Mother, at least, I don't think he does. Not unless she purposefully let him know." If that had been the case, why would she even send him to search in her stead as well? Now he found himself far more confused if that had been the prospect. "I. . . Don't know what to think. I don't believe he's 'bad', if he intended to kill us he would've done so tonight, right? Why leave a note?" Unless he expected that they held information that had been necessary. That wasn't an entirely impossible idea and yet it'd been pure speculation which often had been a distasteful thing to go through in his mind. "He was supposed to kill a family, believed to be of Fae Heritage. Instead of actually killing them he killed his fellow Dark Wizards." His gaze lifted up and he bit his lower lip. "Those invidiuals are actually in Australia. . . My Father had instructed me to finish that job too. . .

The tri-ringed grey eyes lifted up and settled on Max's clear blue eyes. "It's the Tallygarunga Counselor, Caitlin Sullivan and her Niece, Cassandra." It'd been clear by his eyes that he had no intention on ending their lives, yet, if they could lead him towards the person he sought he, at one point, had been willing to go through underhanded means. "Find him. . . Yes, I think that might be a good plan. If nothing else I need to assess how much of a danger he could be to us." By that, he meant far more in intention than actual skill. "Are you sure you want to go searching with me on this? It. . .Won't be like tonight. It might be worse.

Senan saw her life as one of the most important ones to safeguard for him yet at the sametime he didn't plan on trying to force her as if he owned her that way, each persons life and steps should be their own no matter the dangers. No matter the worry that is drawn up by those that loved them. "Don't get me wrong. I feel Stronger, confident when I'm around you. I'd also feel responsible if anything were to happen to you."

The oil ritual…it sounded intimate. Max had flings before, short ones but neither had a burning desire to be with someone except now. She had never been intimate with someone, it was a scary thought that ran through her mind, but he made her comfortable. A soft tone of red filled her cheeks as she thought about it, she knew very little about the ritual, but it wasn’t time to think about it, maybe later she will ask him about it, regardless of the implications, it was something she would like to share with him.

Max wrapped her arm around his slowly. “You couldn’t have known, it’s not your fault. You can’t predict everything.” She had no idea how it worked but she knew he shouldn’t blame himself for making a mistake, it wasn’t like he could predict the future or not. Even if that was his ‘world’ or a world he was used to walking in, it didn’t mean he wouldn’t get better at it.

“Maybe she did? Or maybe you are right ad it’s someone else, we can only know if we find him.” Max recalled him saying his mother was smart, maybe she had already prepared a path to achieve her goal. But he was right, if he was bad, he could have easily killed them that night, and he didn’t either he believes they might be useful or he’s in fact not a bad person, Max would like to believe that he wasn’t. “Maybe it’s like those games, you solve a puzzle and you move onto the next until you get your prize.” The note did have a riddle, it could be it, if they solve it, they might be able to find this Dylan person. Australia didn’t seem to be a good place for the Connell family, two of them that came ended up going against orders and killed their fellow wizards. “Why don’t you talk to them? Explain the situation.” Perhaps talking would be the best approach, at least in her idea, it was always better to talk.

She stared at him as he looked at him. The counselor and its niece? She knew the counselor but didn’t recall anyone named the Cassandra. They probably just needed to find them and ask them, but why would he even think that she would back out now? Did he want her to smack him in the head? Even if she did make him feel stronger, that wasn’t a valid reason for him to go alone. “Why would I back out? I’m in this, no matter where it may lead, now more than ever.” She stared at him, she was determined to stay and help regardless of the consequences. “Don’t make me smack you. I’m helping. End of discussion.” She let go of his arm and put her hands on her hips as she was making a statement. She cared for Senan, perhaps too much, she couldn’t let him face such dangerous situation alone. Was she scared of the outcome? Yes, she was, it would be absurd if she wasn’t, but she had told him before, she wasn't going to let fear control her, last time she gave in to the fear, she almost lost the opportunity to tell him how much she liked him. 

His eyes trailed low to see their arms looped together, something about felt and seemed simply. . . Right? A soft smile touched his lips and then his head shook lightly. "That's not an excuse that I can abide for myself. Mistakes are costly, the stakes are high. That's the kind of thing that works well with. . . School projects or tests." Those held their own difficulty and issues but the scope of how he'd been thinking in comparison had been the difference between an anthill and a mountain to his eyes. "Think about it, if he did mean harm? That meant I could've lost you because of my arrogance or my inability to see through the other possibilities." Maybe there had been no way for him to know it, it's entirely possible that the person he sought had been under a different name making whatever he dug up most likely moot. Especially if Polyjuice had been mixed into the equation. 

"If she did then I'm not entirely sure about this. . ." It'd been bad enough that she wiggled her way into his life, 'convinced' him to perform certain acts. It only suited to stitch in that uncertainty of even following the breadcrumb left. The doubt that she didn't also lingered, regardless, he would need to make a choice and there'd only ever really been one. Disobedience one way or another could reward only chaos and heartbreak. "That sounds like some very twisted kind of a game. Torturous one might even say." He thought many 'games' that entertained people had been that way. Such as that ever confounding 'Monoply', what kind of maschoism must one hold to play such a thing? "Talk to them? Oh, no. That's. . . Not a route I relish imagining going down, Max. There's a good chance I'd get turned in for crimes.

There it was, Senan knew it most likely was going to come and hard. Stubborn protectiveness, one of the few things people wouldn't have expected her to have, yet with those that she cared about were certainly in that shield of protection. That much he could tell easily. He also figured she wanted to support him, be there for him, as much as he did in every single way for her. "I don't imagine hitting me would get that frustration out." He spoke in a teased manner, a small smirk stretched on his face. Even as she stood stoically, defiantly to the idea that she could even back out. As if it were too inconceivable of a thing to even have asked in the first place. 

Senan started to step forward, his arms looped through hers as her hands rested upon her waist in a stern fashion. "I love you too, Maxine. . ." He pressed his forehead against hers, the tip of their noses barely touching. "How about tomorrow, instead of unveiling this clue we just spend time. Just the two of us.

He was right, any mistake he did could cost him his life or someone else’s. She didn’t know anything of that world, that life, she did know about school projects and tests, which compared to whatever he was doing sounded like a child’s game. Her grip tightened as he spoke. “I’m sorry, I forget how different things are.” They were a lot different than what she thought or could even begin to understand. “But you don’t need to punish yourself, learn and adapt. It was a mistake, use it to learn and take advantage of it.” Probably not the wisest thing to say in that situation, but she didn’t think punishing himself would be helpful.

She didn’t know the woman, she couldn’t give any opinion about the woman, Senan knew more, but he also didn’t seem to be able to predict her. The game was indeed twisted and torturous, but what if it was the only way? Max didn’t want to add to the stress, perhaps on the following day, they could work something out. She hadn’t even considered the crimes he had committed. “I completely forgot about those…I’m so sorry.” She looked up at him. “We’ll find another way.” They had to find another way, if they couldn’t go down that path for obvious reasons then they’d just have to find another path.

Max couldn’t keep her look when he spoke and let out a laugh. “Then, how do I do that? Because I really want to smack you right now.” She stared at him with a cheeky smile, her hands still on her hips as she refused to back down. Max didn’t move as he approached, he pressed his forehead against hers and a smile formed on her lip. “I’m that obvious, aren’t I?” she didn’t care if he knew, she loved him, she had never felt so strongly about anyone before, and hearing him admitting that he also loved her made her heart beat faster, a weight left her shoulders, she wouldn't have to hold back anymore. “That sounds marvelous, we can stay here all day.” She was sure Laurie wouldn’t worry too much, she would have to go back some time, but it wasn’t in her plans to go anytime soon. “I’m sure no one will come out looking for us, we’ll have all day to ourselves, to do whatever we want.” 

She wrapped her arms around his torso but kept a distance so that their foreheads kept touching without too much pressure. "Everything will be alright, it has to be." Max refuses to lose Senan, and she'd do everything to get him back, whatever it took, even if to anyone on the outside it looked ridiculous.

Senan's head shook lightly, his hand reached over to couple around hers lightly. "There's nothing to apologize for, it wasn't as if I were trying to dismantle what you were saying. Just. . . Things I try to remember to keep in mind." Needless deaths had never been the kind of path he wanted to follow, necessary ones? He'd been entirely fine with that with a well washed conscious, sometimes certain people needed to die for the protection of the world around them. Then he took in a deep breath of air and nodded towards her, she'd been right. "The point is that life still runs through my veins. Means I can learn from those failures.

His gaze narrowed towards Max as a small smile crooked. "Did you forget that I'm not entirely a good person, Max?" It had been spoken in a light tease, though not one that rang untrue to him. There were plenty of things that he'd done that she wasn't privy towards in details, those were the kind of things he wanted to keep from her. A past that wasn't necessary to know or go digging into as it had been quite the long record of things for someone so young in life. "The counselor, Caitlin, also held ties to the authorities. Used as a form of consultant to the Ministry. The series of crime novels she wrote are partially inspired by her actual life, the experiences and people mirroring lightly those she encountered." Delving into those books had been enlightening, perhaps the first reason on why he'd been irritated at his lack of keeping the obvious in mind. He'd been aware of certain predilections of the person he'd been trying to track. 

"If you smack me I cannot guarantee I wouldn't like. It seems like quite the gamble." While he tried to offer a playful doubt to her, there'd been a slight doubt in himself. Would he like it. . .? It seemed like such an odd thing to be into and yet he found himself experiencing new things with her as it had been already. "But I can imagine kissing me again might relieve some of that frustration." Leveraging for her lips once as if he needed to do such a thing. There had been something slightly romantic about the idea that he could sweep away all of her worries and concerns with a simple yet intimate interaction. "As obvious as a Dragon sitting in a classroom." Laughter followed, which seemed to break the concentration of the kiss he had planned to plant on her. "You're adamant in a way that. . . Defies the thought that this would be fling or something growing for you." One of his arms unwrapped from around her, hand raising up to press the palm of it against her cheek lightly. "You want me with you as much as I want you with me.

It seemed odd to say such things but he imagined they held more than just a nugget of truth to them even as they left his lips. "Staying here all day does seem like a pretty good idea." Eyes glanced around the quiet home which formed a smile on his face. "We will simply need to redecorate to make it ours in that time." The way it sounded felt good, this had been their place for their own to decide how they wanted it to embody who they were together. "If they do come looking for us we won't answer the door. Have someone that screams 'No one's home'." Thinking on doing whatever they wanted sounded like the ultimate way to learn what true relaxation had meant, kicking back and being with someone that made him think and see spectrums in an entirely different way. 

Feeling her arms curl around him caused him to relax into her grasp, the only place his body seemed to release all that alerted tension it had been trained to keep up. He trusted her, immensely, with everything. "Aren't you my little optimist? Hearing you say that kind of thing makes me believe it, you know." Whether people would understand it or them, didn't matter to him one bit. Being with her in the moment reminded him of their first meeting, never would've even expected that they would end up here of all places. Their connection, the fact that he was always looking for her amongst the crowd of people at the school. "I guess I was right. . . You just needed to find that one person to really latch to." He grinned at her happily, one of the few times his faces would distort form its impassive expression had been around her - when his façade could break way with ease. 

He didn’t need to worry about explaining it to her, she hadn’t felt offended by it, but it did pull her back into the reality of things, she didn’t understand how any of it worked, it was a situation she had accidentally landed on, or stumble upon, in a way made her feel useless. Perhaps with time, she could be more useful by understanding more about the world he was used to walking in.

Max didn’t consider Senan a bad person, just someone who was in a tight spot, someone who had no other option, it was either that or possibly die, but for a brief moment she had forgotten about what he had told her about him, she hoped they could go through the easy way, but they just had to find some other way to do things. She smiled at him, which replied to his question that she thought of him as a good person more than a bad one, even with the things he told her, she couldn’t take that weight off his shoulders, but she wasn’t going to think any less of him. She had heard briefly about the counselor, but he seemed to know a lot more than she did, she usually avoided figures of authority in general.

The conversation took a different turn. Would he like to be smacked by her? She laughed at the idea, but what if he did. “Maybe one day I’ll try it.” A playful smile appeared on her lips before he mentioned a kiss, it probably wouldn’t relieve some frustration, but it couldn’t make it worse. She leaned a bit forward before her lips touched his in a soft and delicate way, more like a peck than an actual kiss. “Yes, I’ll admit it with my own words, I love you Senan Connell.” She finally admitted, but it had been pretty obvious, the way she spoke, the way she acted, how much she wanted to be with him and especially the way her heart begins to beat whenever she looks into his eyes.  

She was glad he enjoyed the idea of staying home all day, in any other occasion she would think it was boring, but with him? Everything seemed like an adventure. Redecorate seemed like a good idea, the house could use some brighter colors. “With time I’m sure it will become … ours.” It still felt strange, and unrealistic saying it was theirs, but it was theirs, and soon they could make it brighter than it was. She laughed at the idea of a screaming voice, could be a bit obvious, but still amusing to watch people’s faces as they hear something screaming at them, but at least they would be able to relax.

Her arms pressed lightly on his back. “It will be alright, you’ll see.” She had to be optimist, she couldn’t let herself fall into negativity. A person to latch on? She smiled at the thought, she never thought it would be him. “I’m happy you were the one.” He didn’t make her feel self-conscious about herself, about how overwhelming she could be, he made her feel good. “I’m glad you hit me with that balloon, even if it was accidently.” she spoke as her grip tightened a bit. 

Knowing what she did, still she managed to see some kind of goodness in him. At least what he could perceive from the smile that stretched from her lips towards him. It caused him to look at her in the most bewildered way, not an emphasis on the oddity of it. Rather he saw that she held a deep well of understanding and while he knew that for some time it still had been a surprise each time it would come up. If he had been in her shoes, would he even be remotely as understanding in that regard? While his mind had been designed and honed to act as it had, as he was it'd only run through the various scenarios that getting mixed up with someone like him could end badly. 

The young teen had been an amazing woman in so many ways to him, someone he expected to make a larger impact and splash in life more than she would've anticipated her own self. There'd been no illusion to the amount of determination she held when her mind had been focused, when her attention had been towards an understanding that pushed her body and wits to phenomenal limits of potential. 

"At this rate we're going to need a physical list of all the thing's we want to try one day and do them from the top down." Senan knew which ones he'd place right at the top of the list, that had been for sure. Feeling her lips press against his own, even in the quickness of a peck, sent a heat that raised from his cheeks and a warmth that surged through his body that eventually settled a fluttered tingling right at the bit of his stomach. He was sure he would never get sick of that feeling she commanded over him in such a way. Her bold profession of how she felt for him caused a shy smile and laughter to bubble from him. "And I love you, Maxine Williams. If there's nothing in my life that grants such clarity and certainty, that alone is the grandest truth in it.

Being out and active had been as natural to him as it had been to her, he imagined. While for different reasons the fact remained that the two of them had been the type of people that often felt more at home on the move, doing something that could keep either their: Mind, Hands, or Feet busy. So, when the thought that staying home actually seemed appealing to him and that it had been his own idea to suggest it; part of him felt a sense of surprise within his words after it'd already released into the air. "Something tells me you're going to start taking green paint and striking the brick walls with 'Spencer Rules' everywhere." His gaze shifted accusingly to her, though his lips curled in amusement. If it had been something that made her happy to do he wouldn't dismiss it, even revel in it. 

Senan nodded towards her lightly. "I'll trust in that then. Just remember leave grim reality striking thoughts to me. You keep up that optimism, we work wonders that way." That had been his honest opinion and if there'd ever been a moment that trait would start to dim? Then he'd pick up that slack and try optimism to spike that part of her back to life once more. "I'm happy I was the one too. It's true what they say, life causes things in incredibly unique ways."  He snorted a soft laughter, mockingly but more so at himself. "Yes, that little bit. . . Curiosity and the order to blend in is what landed that little trick. And to think, all it took was a bit of Fae magic to make glitter balloons and make you go bananas.

A list of all the things they wanted to try sounded like a plan, but what if their desires changed along the way? It was best to keep the lips open to new entries, there was no way for them to know what new things they would want to do, but what she knew was that she still had to take him to the Park, he deserved some relaxation time. Hearing him say it again only made her smile grow as she looked at him. The way she looked at him only made her look like a fool in love, and it would be impossible to taint the image she had of him, she didn’t just love the idea of him, she loved the whole thing, the grumpy old man to the loving person he was.

Max was never the type to display affection, at least not in the same way she has been displaying her affection for him. The idea of spending all that time with him only opened another opportunity for her to show him how much she cared for him, at that moment he was the most important person to her and being able to do something was enough to keep her entertained. Another way to keep her entertained was to paint the walls. “I am a proud Spencer, and we do rule, but since you’re a Sturt, I suppose we can paint it this blue-ish and greenish color, but a soft color, but I don’t care much for the competition.” Max didn’t dislike the Sturts, but she was probably hated by a few, and loved by one. “I’m sure I can make something cute in these walls…” she only did doodles, but nothing stopped her from using the walls as her personal canvas, at least to give a brighter look to the house, make it less gloomy and push away all the negative thoughts.

“We can share, I can’t let you carry all the weight.” As much as she would like to accept, not having to think about such things, it was a necessary part of life, the important was not to let those thoughts take control. “If I can lift some of that weight, I think it’s a lot easier, for both.” Every word she spoke sounded ridiculous, but she couldn’t stop her feelings, how she didn’t want him to go through the bad things alone, if he had to walk in a dark place, she’d walk with him. A random event had allowed for them to meet, if Max had stayed in her dorm complaining about the fact that her sunscreen was over, she wouldn’t have enjoyed that moment, she might have gotten a sunburn but looking back it was worth it and life did work in mysterious ways, it gave them an opportunity to meet. “When I was little, my sister used to play with me, and she used to say that glitter was fairy dust. I believed her for so long.” It made her sound silly and childish, but it was one of the few good memories she had, maybe her sister was right all along, and glitter is indeed fairy dust.

“So, about tonight, should we explore the rest of the house?” She was tired but was still excited about a lot of stuff, she wasn’t sure what he wanted to do.

The way that he stared back at her, one would assume they had nothing else to care about in the world. It had donned on him that she maybe one of his biggest distractions in the few classes that they did have together and that didn't seem altogether a bad idea. She'd been as much of a distraction as an inspiration to him, it was a balance that could go either way and there'd been a mental acknowledgement that he wanted to build something positive for the both of them, something that could be considered productive from the efforts and hard work that they would need to do once their time at School was over. 

Senan hadn't been used to the kind of gentle attention that flowed from Max and he wasn't going to complain about it, what negative thing could he possibly say? The woman that had taken his heart through her passion-filled stubbornness and whirlwind of chaos had been showing a part of herself that he expected, much like himself, didn't see the light of day in general and this had been the emergence of it in a unique and intimate fashion. He snickered lightly. "With you? I find I'm always guessing, part of me expected you to secretly moonlight as a Quidditich player." Seeing her red-hair buffet in the wind. . . It was a sight he admittedly wanted to see. While she'd been the picture of friendliness, he on the other hand, still prided himself at keeping people far away. The only friend and person he'd even remotely held had been two Spencer's and of them, Max being the closest to him. "Well, I have thought that these walls were a tad bit bare. They could use the unique touch you have.

"I've tried to carry various weights since meeting you and each time you've been very quick to distribute it evenly." The tone of his voice hadn't been offended, in fact, he'd been extremely thankful for the intervention that she had offered to him. "Thank you for sticking by me, I know it isn't the easiest thing. . .At all. But I am appreciative to you." Her words weren't ludicrous to him, they were supportive in a way that he'd never known. Their meeting may have been circumstance or may have been fated, those were the kind of things he hadn't worried about thinking so deeply. At the end of it all he found himself with someone that had been willing to understand whom he was, not the two sides he chose to show but the part of him that he hid from everyone. Everyone except her. . ."You don't talk about your family much, far less than I do at the very least. What's she like?" Was she even still alive? 

He slowly broke away from her and his hand coupled with hers to gently start to lead her through the home. "It isn't very big but there are a few important places to look at. The bedroom, the living room in more depth. . . We have a very interesting basement that will need to be adjusted."

As much as Max loved the exercise, she couldn’t be a Quidditch player, unfortunately, violent sports weren’t for her, it was a shame, she wouldn’t mind trying it. “Maybe one day we can fly over the Quidditch pitch. I can’t do Quidditch, one hit from a beater and I’d be on the floor.” She admitted. While she was good at many things, one hit from a beater or anyone stronger than her and she’d end up on the floor easily, that, however, didn’t stop her from opening her mouth and eventually get punched in the face. She smiled at him before looking at the walls. “I’ll see what I can do, you can help, an amateur artist still needs their muse.” She looked at him once more. She knew exactly what to do, it would make them look unique and theirs.

Some burdens needed to be carried alone, but others could be shared equally and some of those he was carrying could be shared. Her decision to stick with him was one of the easiest she ever made, not out of obligation, but because she refused to let him go down that road alone. “I will always stick by you, no matter where you chose to walk.”

She looked away for a brief moment when he mentioned her family. She didn’t want to talk much because she didn’t think it was important for people to know, maybe it was just time to speak about it. Even if her problems compared to his were smaller, insignificant even, but she knew about his. “My eldest sister is more of a mother to me than my own mother.” She pointed at a chair, it was better if they sat down for that conversation, even if she didn’t plan to waste too much time with it. “I have six siblings. My eldest sisters are … annoying, but this one, the self-appointed eldest was the one that took care of me.” It wasn’t a conversation easy for her to talk about, the shift in tone was obvious, the cheery disposition faded at the mention of her problems. “She’s sweet, stern but I always got everything from her. But I’ll tell you the rest later if that’s alright.” As much as Max loved her sister, she resented everyone in that house, and she promised that she’ll only set foot in it one more time and it would be to get most of her things back.

She held his hand and followed him, it was better than she had thought at first, perhaps the fact that she knew the Wizards were no more helped a little, it made the house look brighter already. “The basement sounds like a cool place for a hidden headquarters of something.” Probably not the best thing to say, but they could turn it in whatever they wanted. “I imagine a huge screen and a movie someday in the near future.” She joked my putting the index finger of her free hand on her forehead.

"I didn't take you for such a romantic." He offered a soft tease, the idea had been. . . Enticing. While he'd been no stranger to the use of a broom, albeit, with Australia's harsher restrictions there hadn't been much time to indulge in it. . . Thinking about just the two of them soaring over a Quidditich Pitch seemed like something so simple, so 'Highschool'. Much of that kind of experience hadn't been gained by him, there had been a few there were either accidental or simply apart of the life that came from living at Tallygarunga for the short time he'd been there. There had still been much that classified as 'Teenage Impropriety' that still hadn't been something he could remember back on. "Alright, but it has to be at night time. Something tells me both of us enjoy living on the edge of things.

His mouth dropped agape for a moment. "I'm your muse?" It shaped into a slow smile, one that shined the gratitude of being appreciated in such a light. "Then I'll need to stick close by you as often as I can. I can't have you uninspired." To hear her proclaim that desire to stand by him regardless of where he would go, an equally good feeling as much as it had been a dreadful one. There had been no person that came to mind other than her whom he'd want to stick by in that way, yet, he knew some roads were far too dark that no proper human should have to tread upon it. "Just promise me that you won't follow me blindly down the destructive roads." He knew how he could be or at the very least how things could turn for anyone with enough of a push. A hand rose up index figure extended as he tapped the tip of her nose. "You're my moral compass I don't have.

A heaviness settled in the air, there'd been a reason she hadn't spoke about the design of her familial life it was something he knew should've been brought up in depth in her own proper time. That had been his own mistake, one of the few things that he didn't want to occur had been causing the red-haired young woman to start tearing up. Opting to not interrupt her, he listened while leading them towards the living room where he started to sit down in the armchair and started to pull her onto his lap slowly into a warming cuddle, arms wrapped around her waist. It sounded as if the older sibling had invested a lot of care and concern in Max's life, yet, the oddity had been that her Mother hadn't. Maybe that hadn't been so 'odd' considering his own situation. "Only tell what you want, when you want. I'm not going anywhere, we'll have all the time together.

After speaking he pressed the soft presence of his lips against the side of her neck, kissing it lovingly in hopes to offer a soothing embrace for her. It sounded as if she lacked it in her life as much as he had, similarities even though situations had been vastly different. 

"Hidden headquarters with a movie screen? Hehe, next you'll want to add a hot tub instead of theater seats." That didn't seem too bad, now that he thought about it. Even if they couldn't do one through the means of technology there'd been a plethora of magical ways to facilitate certain things, simulate them the best that they could at any rate. "It will be a lot of work but I think we're good for it." One of his arms slipped to the side as the hand felt about until it landed on a wood lever then pulled it back gently but firmly. The armchair started to recline and the foot piece that had been attached inclined, leveling out into a laid back position with the two of them on top of it. "Or maybe just this single chair down there. I don't see a reason for multiple seats.

Romance wasn't something she was good at, but it was all about the right person, and he was the right person to enjoy the night sky on a broom. She wasn’t a frequent flier, but it was one of a few things she was decent at. “It’s the most exciting time of the day, especially if you’re there with me.” She winked at him as a smile grew on her lips. Even the simplest of activities sounded like an adventure when he was with her, it was amazing.

“Yeah, you are.” She couldn’t explain how she felt whenever he was with her, but she wanted to improve herself, to do and be better, to be the better version of herself, he inspired her. Some roads were meant to be walked alone, but that didn’t mean she couldn’t at least light the path to making it a bit easier and brighter. “I can’t promise I won’t try to stir you away from that path, no matter the cost. And if you do go down such a path, I can’t promise that I won’t try to stop you.” She giggled when he touched the tip of her nose, she would always try to pull him from such path.

She followed him into the living room, the conversation was heavy, it wasn’t something that would upset her if she was there, experiencing it, there were always ways to escape, but having to tell about it? It was a different experience, there was no escape. When he sat on the armchair and pulled her closer to him, she didn’t fight back and sat on his lap curled as she felt his arms around her. She wanted to tell him, but she didn’t want him to see her cry. She wasn’t expecting a kiss on the neck, and when his soft lips touched her skin, it sent a shiver down her spine, it felt good. She wrapped her arms around his neck and closed her eyes before leaning into him, probably not the most comfortable position for them, but she didn’t want to go anywhere for a while.

His idea of the hot tub was even better, with some magic they could make something, shouldn’t be too hard doing something that suited them. “I like the hot tub idea, just for us.” Could be their little hideout, no one needed to know. She was caught by surprise when the seat reclined. She looked up at him with a smile before adjusting herself. “I like this chair, I think it has a future as our chair.” She tried to joke as she laid her head on him. She was calm and the sensation from before was gone.

“I do want to tell you, about my family, don’t think I do, it’s just…when I’m there it’s not so overwhelming.” She didn’t want him to think she didn’t want him to know. She lifted her head to look at him before burring her face back on him. “My mom always wanted a boy and as you can tell my older siblings are all girls…” the tone changed again, a far sadder one. In the future, she will be able to say it without all the emotions attached to it, but now she couldn’t. “Then she had me and my brother … as you can assume, my brother got all the attention from my mother. I do have a father, but dad loves mom, so he does whatever makes her happy.” Max was trying to keep it together, she was trying hard, avoiding certain details that weren’t important to the explanation. “While I was just overlooked by her things got … complicated when they realized I could do magic. My siblings, especially my brother thought it was awesome but mom … mom wasn’t happy about it, but it did give me the opportunity to leave that hell hole.” It had probably been the first time Max had admitted that her house was hell, while life wasn’t completely complicated because of her sister, she was sure if her mother could predict the future she wouldn’t be there to tell the tale, and, even if her mother never said it to her face, Max was sure the woman resented her from that moment forward.

One of the reasons Max disliked talking about it was that she couldn’t escape, even if she had kept some details out, she had started crying, silently, hoping that he wouldn’t pick up the changes in her voice as she spoke. Experiencing it was much different, she always had books, her music, her activities that kept her mind busy.

The way she spoke made it all seem like a storybook fairytale in the making. That he could make such an action so profound that it could be considered an exciting time. He understood, the sentiment had been mirrored in him as well with finding that an evening spent that way could only be a good thing with the right person around. "Oh, I get it. You're going to start telling people you swept me off my feet into the air, aren't you?" It hadn't been a lie, she wrapped him and took him to places in his emotions and thoughts that he had even realized existed as things he could even have pop into his mind. 

"You know. . . You're mines too." No one had made him question himself so much as she did, not in the negative way either. The things he'd done, the way that he viewed the world and experiences that shaped his attitude towards just about everything. Meeting her the first time had showed the way she chose to challenges views and assumptions of people with words, at least, that's how he viewed it at the time. "I'm not a big fan of the 'Whatever the cost', but I know better than to try and bump against you with that idea. Then again. . ." Grey eyes scanned her from head to toe, the tip of his teeth biting at his lower lip. There'd been the temptation to intentionally bump into that thought simply to see her be that assertive part of herself. He shouldn't abuse such an attractive sight, there'd always be more than enough chances to see it again after all. 

Senan wanted to offer her an environment that she could feel the comfort to be 'herself', whether that meant the excitement or the sorrow that hung deep in a closet in her mind and heart, this place had been theirs for that purpose. He could feel the shiver that ran down her spine which prompted a small smile to curve on his lips, a good response if he ever saw one. Something that he wouldn't mind doing more often, when things felt less heavier. "We'll have the door with super complicated locks that use a magic rhythm only we know. Then just. . . Shutout the rest of the world for just a little while." It sounded like an escape, sometime an escape from life and the kind of issues had been necessary for the mind to not collapse inward. His hand rose up and weaved through the locks of red hair that bundled in front of him as he felt her head press against his chest. "I'll make sure to slap a big tag on it, 'Ours - don't sit.' "

Memories could be painful things, hard to face and even harder to console when there had been no true way to resolve them or the wounds that had been ripped into people. He hadn't seen how those wounds echoed in the young woman until today. This caused a strong silence as he grew attentive to the words that she'd been speaking. Whether or not it would help her, there'd been no way for him to see or answer that in certainty. All he could do was be there for her, not to try and fix what had been shattered but to help her build something new that could be near indestructible and all of hers with no exceptions. His gaze lowered towards her, mouth opened slightly - she'd been far more neglected than he would've thought. Something always rang oddly in the way that he stated being in a crowd of people had always made her still feel lonely, that she felt as if she still wouldn't be seen. 

Softly sighing in empathy, his hand reached out to caress the side of her cheek in a soft rub while adjusting her head upwards to direct her eyes towards his own. "It gave you the chance to be here." Senan hadn't meant just with him either, no, this place had been theirs. "You're a lot stronger than you let on. That kind of situation would break most people in a terrible way." In comparison, the pranks that she reveled in had been mild compared to what such neglect could've drained from her or the path it could've set her on. Then again. . . She did end up getting mixed up with someone intertwined with Dark Wizard's. "I will never overlook you, Maxine. My eyes seem to have this unique talent to only stare and notice you." Leaning in he pressed his lips against her forehead in a softened press, lips turning into a gentle smile. 

"I'm here to support you too with every ounce of strength and knowledge that I can." Every friend she made, the people that she had allowed to be close enough to be considered someone she wanted to protect - he wouldn't let that go dismantled so easily. Not by her Mother or the life that hung on her like a leech that threatened to drain out every hope or desire she may have. "Anything you want to do, I'll support too. I've no doubt of the potential you have to do whatever you desired.

That seemed a strange idea, but hadn’t it been the other way around? “Maybe I will, or maybe I’ll tell them you’re the one that swept off my feet.” Just like in those fairy tales she used to like as a child, a lot changed since then, but the idea that it had happened it had a sweet feeling of belonging and being wanted. The only thing she heard was that they inspired one another. If someone had told her that in her future, she’d feel like this about someone, Max would have laughed in their face. She wasn’t a fan of ‘whatever the cost’ but only when it came to him, he probably would do the same for her. If she could prevent him from doing anything harmful for himself, she would pay any price, but he seemed to want to be stubborn with her. “Then again what?” she stared at him, a slight unamused expression on her face. She had told him before, if he dies, she will hunt him down in the afterlife to bring him back.

A secret place just for them, that sounded good, like a dream and it seemed the odds were in their favor, she wouldn’t go as far as place an illusion on the door and hoping that no one would see it, maybe both, just as a precaution; it was a conversation for another day and another time.

Silence reigned for a moment, she could only feel the touch of his hand on her cheek, the only part of it that wasn’t buried within his chest. It held a soothing sensation, filled with softness and love. When he adjusted her head to look at him, she didn’t want to, she didn’t want him to see her face, but his words were nothing but kind. It was her situation that brought her to Tally, that allowed her to be there and meet him, in a way she couldn’t be angry or upset that it was the case. Was she strong? She didn’t see it like that but hearing him say it did, it made her feel like she was. She was naturally attracted to dangerous situations, either by doing something stupid, either by sticking her nose where she didn’t belong, but she didn’t regret any of it. After the painful moment, she thought it would be hard to smile, but he easily pulled one out of her as he gently pressing his lips against her forehead.

“Thank you.” She expressed her gratitude. She looked at him, eyes still a bit red from the crying, but it felt good, it made her feel better telling him about those things as a dark shadow had left her. “Why you gotta be so inspiring.” She laughed at her own words, but it had meaning, he was an inspiration to her, and she loved how it made her feel. “And I will support you too. I promise.” In a gentle motion, she snuggled a bit, as she tightened the embrace. “And sorry about the shirt, I … it’s a bit … wet.”

Him sweeping someone off their feet? The thought had been preposterous to him, he was no one of princely demeanor and certainly not the sort that could of managed such a feet. Or. . . At least he hadn't thought it possible until meeting her. Being introduced to new things hadn't been an uncommon situation since she came barreling into his life with a water balloon in her hand. "Then I'll just have to keep sweeping you off your feet for the rest of our lives." He stated smugly. It had probably been comments like that, ones that perpetrated such an idea about him to her. Words spoken without a hint of doubt in them, even knowing some of what potentially awaited them and being entirely ignorant of the things that couldn't be known. A slight smirk touched his lips, one that announced the subtle mischievous nature inside. "Then again you ended up falling in love with someone tied to not only a Dark Wizard cult but a coalition of Non-Humans who are essentially rebels to the world.

The redness that lingered in the whites of her eyes caused his gaze to soften further, seeing such a pain and hurt inside of them didn't sit well with him. He wanted to be in a position to offer some sense of solace, a comfort to the idea that she wouldn't need to be in the kind of situation. This had been one of those scenarios where he couldn't truly protect her, no amount of posturing or magic would truly alleviate it from her heart or mind, the memories would be there. A smile, that was the kind of light and hope he expected to find at some point, it coming so soon showed to him that his words had reached her enough to not let the sorrow linger into its own little pit. 

"You're welcome. I couldn't very well not tell you my own perspective after bearing your heart." The aches and pains every person went through had needed attention as much as all the enlightened and loving feelings. "I'm only inspiring as much to you as you are to me, I imagine." His smile grew warmly and he nodded smoothly. "I hope so. As much as I would like to pretend I can go on perfectly on without someone. . . It gets isolating and lonely. And there's no shame or dishonor in knowing and admitting you need someone. And well. . ." A light and brief laughter, almost like a huff, exhausted. "I need you and want you.

Senan could feel the dampness that collected on his shirt from her tears, smile stretching wider with a soft sigh. "You never need to apologize. . . I will always gladly take your wetness." It hadn't occurred to him how that may have sounded. 

She liked how confident he was when he spoke, and how certain he was that he could continue to sweep her off her feet for the rest of their lives, the thought alone was scary but exciting and she didn’t want anything else. He had a point, she had fallen in love with someone that walked a dangerous path, she had accepted it and she had decided to walk it with him, but he probably already knew that. “I know and I don’t mind and want to hear a secret?” She winked at him before leaning in and whispering to his ear. “I’d do it all over again.” Slowly and gently her lips touched his cheek before she pulled back to look at his eyes. She took a deep breath, and a smile grew on her face as she seemed to be hypnotized by him.

Senan words meant more than he thought, the memories could be painful, but his words and presence were soothing, and they managed to pull her out from the usual self-hatred trip she usually takes whenever she thinks of her family, to him she wasn’t the ‘silly little girl with silly little dreams’ like her mother used … that she still calls Max, with him, the dreams weren’t silly and were achievable.

To hear that she was also inspiring only made her smile grow, to think someone saw her like that it was heart-warming. No one could be alone forever, everyone needed someone, at one point or another, Max wasn’t going to leave his side unless some force prevented her, and even if it did, she would find her way back to him. “I will never make you feel isolated or alone.” She wanted to make things clear, she was never going to abandon him, and she wasn’t going to make her feel shame for needing her or wanting her. She wanted him too, and she also needed him, she wasn’t going to apologize for it.

Max ran a hand through her face and laughed at his words. “I’d like that but are you sure you can manage?” she joked with a playful smile until she realized how his words sounded. Her cheeks became red, she just had made the conversation a lot more awkward than it already was. However, Max wasn’t going to let that create an awkward silence between the two, sadly at the moment, she had no idea what to say. “Well…we should…probably go rest…or I could use a shower, I’m still a bit…sticky…” Senan had dispelled it, but she had the impression that something was still sticky.