Tallygarunga | The Australian Potterverse
pxmBtN.png
Sturt
Flinders
Spencer
Bourke

Bourke ☆ Seventh Year ✩ Kaitore
17 year old Halfblood Werewolf ☆ HE/HIM

"More options. . .?" Did having those options truly matter? It wasn't something that he could see if it actually did. There had been the benefit that it would be far more easily accessible but did it still hold the same security that had been necessary? Certain things could recover from a slip up but that particular thing about himself he wasn't too sure about. It was an utter lack of faith in common decency as a whole. "If you wanted to see me more, you just had to say so, Liv." He offered a gentle tease towards the offer. He knew it didn't have any ulterior meaning beyond genuinely trying to offer some helpful place for him. "Really, if you start making those kind of accomodations for me you'll end up having people looking at both of us a bit weird." He offered her a rougish wink. 

A grin formed on his face with a clear chuckle that rumbled out as well. "Okay, maybe barnacle isn't as flattering as a song." Then slowly his face shifted to a softened expression, a look of fond danced over the woman's face and towards her eyes. "After all, a song can sound pretty sweet to the ears and can always find their way to the lips." That sounded far more flirtatious than he had intended for it to seem, yet he didn't show any signs of taking it back or back-peddling on the thought. 

"Like a friendship, huh? Sounds like it could get a bit complicated there. But emotions were designed to be an 'easy-to-use' kind of thing in people." He sighed casually, it was something he didn't think would really pertain to him in anyway. What had been the chances he'd feel the way or find someone that felt mutual in that way? It'd been laughable. At least through Liv he'd been able to get an idea of what it'd seem like, from her perspective anyways. Gaining that sort of insight would still be beneficial in knowing what the expectancy of how the emotion could evolve in terms of time. "Scared? I feel that all the time but that's mostly something else entirely different." Travis tried to offer a playful and friendly smile after the jest had been made. "Kind of the same thing with exciting too." Now his brow started to furrow, it made him far more aware of the sheer difference and conflictions with emotions and interpretations in himslef. Compared to how he most likely should've been feeling in those moments as opposed to the jumbled wire mess in his mind. The tip of his finger rubbed against his recently scarred palms. 

"I'll hold you to that. Or else I'd have to find you, pick you up, and take you away for a few days." Travis started to laugh lightly, more so at the thought of showing up some place the woman wouldn't have expected him to. Picking her up and walking out, just for the simple situation of having time to spend with her. As the thought continued to play withhin his head, his eyes lowered towards the table. That wasn't something he should really be doing, was it? His head shook lightly, attributing it to the close proximity of the Full Moon. 

'May', He supposed that was a pretty Dhampiric kind of a name. He listened, not interrupting her even with the little details shared. Understanding there had been an important connection and weight on the woman's heart and mind when it came to the individual in question. "That must've gotten draining." His eyes narrowed for a moment and his head wobbled lightly to the sides. "Er, no pun intended." A small smile touched his lips. "Don't worry about that. I won't really be sleeping, I'll have more than enough time to clean everything up." Raising a hand up and waving it casually to show it had been much of an issue for him somatically. Restless, irritations, these were just one of many issues on the second day, when the day continued to move on towards the night, the restlness tended to get far more worse than he wanted to admit. Keeping focused, his mind layered towards the importance of his 'Human understanding' in this manner had been keeping him far more grounded than he thought it would. 

Travis started to stand up and pushed his chair in before walking over towards Liv's side of the table and gently gripped both sides of the chair and pulled it out in gentlemanly fashion. "Come on." Then he reached his hand out towards hers to try and assist her to standing, then would attempt to lead her to an eased walk towards the living room. 

Tally Staff ☆ School NurseTecri
25 year old Halfbreed Veela ☆ She/Her/Hers

Liv smiled at Travis, she knew he understood what she meant and yet it seemed that he decided to react as he always did, which by now she should be used to. There was a chance that some students could see it has her having a favorite, but in school, she would have to divide her attention towards every student that needed her help, outside it was another matter completely different. “You’re afraid they think I have a favorite?” she said jokingly, but she understood it could be seen differently than having a favorite, or simply trying to help, considering they were growing closer.

She continued to smile at Travis as he spoke, a barnacle might not be a very flattering comparison, unlike a song, but she didn’t picture Travis to be the type of person to be talking like that. “A song can be pretty soothing too, not just sweet.” Not that Liv knew that many songs, she was a person of lullabies, she had heard many while traveling, she was sure one was going to come in handy in the future.

“It’s complicated, but yes, sometimes can start with a friendship and some other times it just happens. Don’t forget, sometimes people just enter your life and something good happens.” Something bad could also happen, but she didn’t want him to think that nor she wanted him to think it would happen only with friends, but the way she saw it, it was the same way, people entering someone else’s life. She shook her head. “It’s not that kind of scared, nor that type of excited.” She said with a chuckle. “I’d like to tell you that if you feel it, you’ll know but it might not happen. Sometimes it takes too long, you can either lose your chance or not…” not everyone experiences the same thing, and she couldn’t really explain a feeling, it was impossible to do so.

“You know, if I break that promise you’re allowed to do that, just track me down, pick me up and we’ll spend a few days together.” She stared at him with a wide smile. She was sure she wasn’t going to forget about him, nor the promise to visit him, but if it did happen, she wouldn’t be upset if he did such a thing, it would take her by surprise, but she was sure in the end they would both be laughing at it.

The conversation about May was a rather sad one for her, being able to finally say it washed away a lot of bad feelings, mostly anger, but sadness still lingered, perhaps she should have opened years ago, but she never felt comfortable enough doing so in the past. While her situation at the moment wasn’t exactly ideal was extremely helpful. She felt bad leaving Travis will all the work, after everything he did, he shouldn’t have been the one cleaning everything, but she gave in and when he offered his hand and walked to the living room.

“Thank you.” She smiled at him as they walked. It was a somewhat vulnerable situation, a situation she didn’t want herself to be in, but she was. She was pleased she wasn’t being taken over by anger. They walked into the living room and Liv looked around, surprisingly hadn’t let go of his hand, the touch gave her some comfort. “I mean it. Thank you, Travis.” She looked at him with a smile before wrapping her arms around him for a tight hug, that might have lasted longer than she had anticipated, but overall, she enjoyed the proximity.

Travis smiled back towards Liv, one that radiated a sense of confidence in himself. "Oh, no. I know I'm your favorite. Just can't have that getting around so easily." He winked afterwards to perpetuate the joke even further. Whether he had -actually- been her 'Favorite' he was sure wasn't such an easy question to answer. In fact, he didn't expect her to be the sort to actively have favorites, maybe secretly or even unknowingly. After all, everyone had someone they'd been far more partial towards, didn't they? They close, growing closer as time passed as well. Not something that could be complained about either, at first it would've caused him severe concern that someone had been drawing any form of affection: Whether Platonic or not with scrutiny. Now, however, his view of things had been slightly softening. 

"I hear songs can do a lot of stuff. Can't say I know too much of it." He chuckled lightly, it never seemed true for him that music could 'Tame the Savage beast.' It had been something that Lorelei had tried to do, to keep him aware of her presence and while it'd been gentle and perhaps soothing on certain levels, at that point in time his mind had already been descending vastly towards the beasts grips and claws. In this moment he'd been trying to distance himself further and further from such bestial grips mentally. A struggle, to be sure, it wasn't something easily maintained finding himself at times responding as a rabid animal barely on a leash, barely held together. 

"You've got me on that. I can at least say not everyone that entered my life has been 'Bad'." A sly smirk touched his features, admittedly there'd been far more good than bad influences and impacts in that way. Regardless of it, he found himself unable to truly trust in certain aspects when it came to individuals passing in and out of his life. "No chance is ever guaranteed, right? Yea, I know that bit. Unless you're the sort to believe in the whims of fate." He wasn't sure if he did, but he did believe in the idea of a 'Cruel Fate' not so much a haphazard cosmic forces that dictated prophecies and the will of how things were expected to go depending on the decisions a person would make. Maybe he should in light of certain things. . . 

He laughed lightly, the thought had been far more appealing than it probably should've been. "You know, I could always do that even without promise breaking if you really wanted me to." A spoken tease, he didn't think she'd be into that kind of thing. It added further connotations to certain things but overall, it seemed like an amusing thought and action to engage in. Imagining the woman just in a Nursing wing treating a patient and just as she finishes he just waltzed in and picked her up as if there were a caveman convention in town. This suddenly caused a small smile to touch on his face it wasn't so bad to actually try that just to get her attention even without a break of a promise. 

It hadn't been noticed at first, that the woman's grip hadn't left his when they entered the far more comfortable room. The sudden hug that had been received caused his eyes to widen and arms to wrap around her waist embracing her tightly. "You're welcome, Liv. Anytime, really." While he didn't believe there had been a need to thank him, he understood thoroughly the reason. It'd have been rude and insensitive to dismiss the heartfelt and genuine gratitude that welled up within the older woman. The touch she offered caused another shock of a shiver that trailed down his spine and a breathless sigh of delight exhausted from him once more. He needed to try to keep his mind set and yet. . . With how late it was, it became far more difficult than he could've anticipated. 

This caused his hands to linger on her waist to longer than they should've his eyes to scanning her face before he realize the circumstances his mind had been thinking about. A far more audible sigh pushed forward to gain control himself which allowed for his hands to slide slightly along her sides, towards her arms and grasping her hands tenderly while leading the both of them to the couch to sit down. "I'm here to listen." The words were as much for her as they were for him; keeping his mind on the track that he wasn't there to ravage her body in all the right ways to sate the blistering hormones that twirled on the inside of him. 

It was a leap of faith him assuming he was her favorite, she had none, at least not when it came to her work in the school, whatever happened outside was her business only. Songs could do wonderful things if a person only bothered to listen and to keep an open mind about it as well. “I don’t either honestly, but I met this person once who knew a lovely song, it was soothing, almost like it could carry away all your worries for a moment, it made a person feel really good.” It so happened to be her favorite one, or maybe it was the one she had listened more often due to her companion at the time.

She watched Travis as she smiled. “I don’t know about fate … I heard some really interesting stories before. I believe that you make your own fate, the path you take, but who knows, sometimes fate can decide to butt in and lend you a hand.” She wasn’t that naïve, people had to make decisions and it was those decisions that opened a path to something, not waiting for fate to take its course, that was childish. None of that was a fairy tale, people either worked to get what they wanted, or they would just fail in obtaining, no amount of destiny or fate was going to make it work.

Olivia chuckled at the idea, it wasn’t something she was interested in, being carried away like some damsel in distress, but it also hadn’t been something she experienced before, however, this was an entirely different situation, she wouldn’t be a wall-flower in need of saving and protection. “I think the students and staff will think it’s weird that you’d be doing that if you get caught.” She wasn’t saying no to the idea, but she was sure it was a situation she wouldn’t feel comfortable in, at least if it was during her work hours, whatever happened outside the school she couldn’t really control, and in most cases, she wouldn’t mind either.

Her arms continued to be wrapped around him, she couldn’t deny that she enjoyed the embrace, which made her realize how much she actually trusted him. Her hand ran across his back in a slow movement, almost as if she realized it was time to end the hug but continued until he let go and led them to the couch. She sat down on the couch and she had to admit it was too comfortable, perhaps she was just tired from their game of tag earlier, it had been a while since she had engaged in such an activity. “You know, she’s back, I met her before the break ended … just, I don’t want us to lose the friendship we had, but I’m not sure if I can ever trust her the way I used to …” She looked at Travis with a lost expression, she had decided that she wanted to be friends with May again, but she wasn’t sure she could trust her as she used to.

She waited for Travis to a seat beside her. It seemed that she was calmer than before, there was no desire to do destroy anything or anyone, unlike before at the dinner table. Once Travis was beside her she leaned lightly towards him, having her head rest on his arm.

"I can't really say that I've had that kind of experience with any kind of a song, really." His mind wondered, it must have been nice to be able to experience a relaxing serenity in general; Music as an intended catalyst for easing someone spirits, however, had been enviable to some degree. The only thing that seemed to truly help him gain a sliver of peace from the gnawing urges for him leaned towards drawing, sketching, and the variously similar arts. It had been this particular thought that reminded him he needed to give the woman something else before the night ended, it could wait until the far more pressing concern of her finally feeling comfortable opening passed through. 

Travis snickered, his head tilted to the side lightly and a winked offered in a smooth motion. "Can it really be called fate then?" The young man teased her with a hand that rose up and gave a playful shove of her arm. His strength restrained immensely to level it to the fact he hadn't actually planned to try and move the woman. He hadn't taken the thought of 'Fate' and the course that it may or may not have taken in an individual's life. It had been a topic that held more philosophical belief. While their two views did align he also felt that the weight of the evening held a very keen and important focus. The Focus of their morning? That had been more for him, he could understand and even agree with it. However, the evening had been about Olivia and he wasn't going to let anything deter from that fact or the intention. 

"See, that would be the beauty of it! One, I'd no longer be a student! It's totally alright!" A grin touched his lips and then formed slowly towards a far more toothy shine. "And Two, that's what windows are for. Don't worry, I'm pretty strong and durable for it." His shoulders shrugged slightly and casually. "You can consider it one of those unique occurrences to write in a journal about. 'The day a Werewolf carried me away!' it already sounds like a best seller." He had expected that to be her kind of 'Thing', that had been something that those that held an odd affinity towards the primal approach or held deeper submissive notions within themselves found exciting. Albeit, in far different ways than he would've intended in such an action. 

Admittedly, he didn't pull right away, realizing that she'd been holding far longer than anticipated. With her hand moving in such a paced motion across his back, it cemented that desire that he wanted to stay within her embrace for just a bit longer. It'd been the middle ground between physically wanting her in ways already described, as much as it had been to just be in the physical warmth of closeness. It took him sometime to break away, even longer to guide her towards the couch and all the while his eyes locked onto hers. Incapable of actively escaping; the touching she'd been doing throughout the day and even some through the night had been getting to him. Even if he'd been mentally prepared, aware that they'd been platonic in nature, it still didn't quell the natural emotions that were drudged up as much as he tried to kick them back down on the inside. 

While he sat next to her, hand's clasped tightly together while he listened to her speak of the Dhampir, May. The woman that had hurt her and seemingly had also came back into the picture - so to speak. The grip he held on her tightened into a firm yet comforting grasp. His thumb coursed across the top of her hand in a rubbing motion intended to be soothing. "Do you want to trust her that way again? Feel free to take my words with a grain of salt - inexperience that field of things but. . ." A good-natured chuckle eased out of him and his eyes lifted up to stare into hers once more. "It sounds to me that having feelings of yearning isn't the same as actively wanting that step." That much he could understand, he'd been attracted to his own Best Friend and even held thoughts of, 'What if they two of them. . . Decided to get to that next level?' But it was a thought neither of them could entertain for one reason or another. There'd been yearning, yet not a consciously mental confirmation of a want. 

"Who she is now, who you are now. . . Might be far different from how you two were then. Even in just basic friendship, something that might need to be explored to see where you both actually stand with one another." While he 'yearned' for Liv in a far stronger manner than he did towards Meadow, the desire that the woman could be happy without regrets or just happy in general had been important to him. He hadn't been self-absorbed enough to attempt any way of creating some kind of rift between her past heart's desire. His back settled into the couch, arm wrapping fully around her shoulders while she leaned into him. Slightly dipping her to accept more of the weight against himself. "I've learned that people don't get mad just because they're hurt. . . To be hurt, to stay hurt, means you still care and are concerned."

Travis voice softened, the volume of it dropping into an intimate whisper as if the words needed to be hidden from passing ears, as if they weren't already alone. "So, don't think of it as losing. Just think of it as restructuring. . . Relationships of any kind go through that. There's a lot about one another you probably need to relearn, to know, to see." It seemed to him that there'd been a larger reason, or he'd hoped, a better reason on why May had placed Liv's heart on the line for whatever urged her to leave the kind woman in the past. "Just know, it's always okay to be mad. Don't hold it in or you won't get over it at all. And it will make it harder to be able to see the full picture, which if not for her? You owe it to yourself to see that picture."

It was probably because of the beast, or perhaps it depended on the song, and if there was such a song it couldn’t hurt to try it, maybe the nights before the transformation, and even after could somehow help him. She smiled at him, unsure if the same song would have the same effect on him as it did on her. “I can always sing it later … well, hum it.” she wasn’t the greatest singer, but she could see what could come of it. The idea of fate was interesting, her aunt believed in it, she even went to the trouble of telling Liv that it was fate that makes people work hard to change it, it’s already written; life wasn’t some fairy tale where everything had a happy ending. Liv stared at him with a smile. “I don’t know honestly.” if her aunt was there, she’d be arguing with both of them about fate and how everything was connected, Liv, on the other hand, wasn’t going to argue about it.

She couldn’t argue with his reasoning, he’d no longer be a student, therefore it was none of their business. “Well, the look on people’s faces would be memorable…“ she still wasn’t too sure about it, she didn’t would deal with the gossip, but it was the implications that came after it that bothered her. “Maybe I’ll start writing that book, I have a lot of nice things to say about werewolves.” She joked about it, she wasn’t going to write or publish anything, but if she was going to, she had nothing bad to say about this particular werewolf.

Liv stayed, leaning on Travis while feeling his warmth. She took a deep breath thinking about everything before he spoke. “I honestly don’t want to, but I also don’t want to put myself out there for her, I’m even having a hard time entrusting it to others that haven’t done anything.” She confessed. One of Liv’s greatest fears was to give her heart to someone else only to be left behind like before, one of the main reasons why she didn’t want to get close to people, she didn’t want to get too attached. “I do think we can be friends again but I’m sure we can’t be anything more than just that.” it felt strange saying to someone. It was something she had been keeping to herself for a long time and it was the first time vocalizing it.

“I’m seeing this whole situation as a paper that you wrinkle and when you stretch it out again it’s not the same paper, it is but it isn’t” Liv was getting a hard time trying to explain herself, it proved to be a lot harder than she had anticipated. She understood the implications, what it could mean for the both of them to remain, friends, a lot of things could be thrown at each other, but Liv was hoping they could both act like adults. “I’m hurt because I still care for her, not how it used to be, but I do, I don’t want her to die or to get seriously injured.” Even if Liv had thought about burning May alive many times it would be something, she could never go through with it.

“We can’t be what we were, no matter how we restructure it, we need to develop a new sort of friendship, but love is out of the equation this time.” She looked at him with a smile. Travis seemed to be trying to help, she appreciated all the attention and patience he had while listening to her. “I will try to remember that, and I’m sure you’ll remind me whenever I don’t.” Olivia relaxed. It hadn’t gone as bad as she thought it would, she was calm and felt like someone had lifted a weight off her shoulders. She wasn’t completely free of it, but she was starting to. Her hand touched his gently and wrapped it in hers. “Thank you for today.” She got a bit more comfortable and closed her eyes.

“How are you feeling?” Liv knew the night was a bit rougher for him, she wanted to be sure he was alright, after all, he did for her, she didn’t want him to leave him without some sort of safety to fall onto if things got more complicated.

He couldn't help but turn his head slightly turns the side quizzically, she wanted to sing for him? While his mind had been trying to tell him not to look deeply into such an action it'd been difficult not to. There had been a hint of confusion on why she'd even want to go to the extent for him to even test if it would have some form of effect. "You can sing it if you want, Liv." Why bottle her up? Whether she was a good singer or not held no purpose when it'd just been the two of them. Even with his sensitive ears he could endure it far better, after all, the world itself had been a cacophony of noises that needed to be adjusted towards. "Ahaha, I'll leave that kind of debate to those cerebrally pulled towards it then. That isn't my kind of speed on things." His response spoken with a grin and a wink that followed simultaneously with it. 

"The looks would be priceless. A pretty good kodak moment." Lips curled with a toothy grin before a smooth laughter eased out of him. "But so what if they're looking. They would just end up just getting their attention caught by the next big sudden thing." While he expected some form of rumors, there had also been the expectation that most of them weren't attentive enough to keep focused on spreading the rumor for too long. Not more than what probably may have already existed. "What?! Madness! A -nice- book about Werewolves? You're going to end up causing a war of the words there, you know." An smirk curled at his lips, thoroughly amused that she'd even consider such a book. Most that had been written were regarded with great skepticism and even worse the bad far out-weighted the informative or positive texts. 

This had been when his arms started to wrap further around her shoulders while pulling her into his embrace, a single leg hung off of the couch while the heel of his shoe pressed against the floor. "Then start with being friends. Don't worry about going any further unless well. . . Like you said, 'Sometimes it just happens'." While it'd been important to protect the heart, sometimes the over-guardianship of it resulted in a heavy weight of pain, something that he'd been seeing more so within Olivia than his own life. "And as much as you try to make others see the good. . . You shouldn't be so hypocritical." The tone of his voice had been equally chastising as much as it'd been full of a good-natured joke as his hand rose up to tap the tip of his finger just at the edge of the woman's nose. "It's fine to keep yourself protected. That I get more than most people. But when you consciously know you can give in? Then it's probably a good idea to give in. Or else you'll end up losing out.

Ending words spoken from the heart, something he'd been verbally attesting towards on the stance of what he almost lost because of his need to 'protect himself' from those that were already quite close or had wanted to get closer. "If I wasn't willing to take that risk we wouldn't be here right now ourselves." Driving the point home; If she saw the moment they found themselves in a positive or negative thing he hadn't been entirely sure of, but he did hope it leaned towards positive. 

"I don't think you really want any kind of serious injury to anyone. Not deep down." Anger often pooled the reaction of in the moment rage, hardly did it ever react under the premise of an individuals true feelings or belief. It'd been an emotion designed to override, to slip into a place of being entirely unreasonable. Which, in his view, it had been hard to view the Veela as unreasonable even with that bit of heritage in her that held a hairs hold on their anger. "Don't think of it as wrinkled paper though, think of it as recycled paper. It's been through some stuff right? It has marks, stains, but it's still able to become something new. Unmarked ready to be written anew. Its past doesn't change but its future -can- change." His head shook and he snorted lightly, he hated when his mind started to talk as if he were Homer recounting the Iliad. He could blame his loose tongue on the fact that his nature wouldn't allow him to keep too much shut or inside. Not everything he blurted out had been 'bad' or 'inappropriate' which added a double-edged portion to is existence on the waning days. 

"If you don't hear me remind you I think I can get through to you in my own unique way." Many people often stated that a picture had been worth a thousand words, something that he found had been true if someone knew how to arrange the wording to speak volumes intentionally, especially specifically. A soft course of air passed through his nostrils as he allowed for his arms to curl more around her to accept her into a cuddled embrace. "Shouldn't I be the one thanking you here?" He added in light jest then nodded fluidly. "You're welcome, it was fun. And I think helpful for both of us.

Over the course of the last few hours his skin had started to gain a noticeable depth of pallor. At a sharp glance someone might have mistaken him from a seriously ill patient that should've been hooked up to several IV's and be forced into some form of bed to rest off whatever would be 'invading' his system. "Hey. . . I'm all good. This is normal for me, remember? This isn't first time in the Moon Rodeo."

Maybe singing wouldn’t help him, maybe it did, but if there was something that could make him relax or calm him down even if it was for a brief moment, she was willing to give it a try, regardless of how it sounded. Fate wasn’t a debate she was ready to have, it wasn’t something she cared for.

The looks would be equally priceless and memorable. “I think it would be pretty big.” She was sure if it happened there would be rumors about it for weeks and in the future people will know about someone who just walked in and picked up a nurse, it wasn’t something that could just be simply ignored, even as a magical school, some things stay for a long time until they finally go away. “I think I can manage that war.” She wasn’t a writer, she didn’t have a way with words, not in that sense, whatever she said could only be from experience. She wasn’t going to write anything, but if she did, it would be filled with the experiences, not ideas, and so far, she only had good things to say.

She couldn’t argue with Travis, he was right, she shouldn't close herself to it, sometimes things just happened, but they were also different people or people with different experiences which might have shaped the way they saw the world and how they saw others and their interactions. "I know I shouldn't … besides, I'm preaching something that I can't even follow …" Maybe she didn't want others to end up so closed like her. It was a lot easier to speak, but it was far harder to do certain things, maybe one day she can finally do what she tries so hard for others to understand themselves. She didn't want to give in, at least not anytime soon, whenever the ship is ready to sail it will sail again, for now, it's meant to be at the harbor where it belongs.

Liv raised her eyes to look at Travis while a smile appeared on her face. He was willing to take the risk, maybe she should stop thinking so much about her and try to be more open. The moment that they were sharing was positive, to her it was an enlightening, she had enjoyed it and while she listened to some hard truths, she was sure it would at least let her grow.

She doesn’t want anyone to get hurt, even with her current feelings towards the woman it was very hard for her to wish that something bad would happen to her or anyone. Liv took a deep breath as she grew more comfortable. “Aren’t we philosophical today?” she mentioned it as a teasing joke. Travis was far more mature than he led on, far more interesting as well, and not because of what he was, him as a person was quite interesting. “Then I have to follow and your advice and let things happen, and then, whatever happens, happens, good or bad.” she smiled up at the young man

“I’m curious to know how you’ll get through to me now.” She chuckled. Whatever Travis had in mind probably would be something different, something that would make her remember his words and possibly with a smile on her face. She shook her heard at his answer. “It was helpful, it’s almost like … a weight was lifted, I can’t explain it just. And I got to see a more philosophical Travis, which was fun and interesting.” She spoke as her head pressed a bit harder on him and her hands held the arm that he had wrapped around her.

Her hand rubbed his arm lightly. “That’s not about how you look, it’s more about how you’re feeling, not physically.” Her head shifted to look up at Travis. He had told her how he got during that time, how it was hard for him to rest and relax. She smiled lightly before resting her head on him before she began softly humming a soft lullaby, perhaps it could help him relax, she had to try.

"I thought everyone wanted to be the popular one in school?" Travis inquired with an amused curl on his lips, a sign that he'd been more or less joking about the idea that people wanted to be talked about in that manner. Then a snicker followed right behind the confidence she held about going forth with a 'War of words', while he'd been no writer himself he wasn't aware of Liv's own capacity: If she had one and secretly kept it bundled away or if she'd been one of the unlucky few that didn't hold the knack for writing. A category that the young man had been quite familiar with in every sense of the idea. "Guess we'll just have to see, now won't we?

"Don't we always. . .?" He remarked as if it were simply a matter of fact to the psyche of those with the capacity to think and forge their own opinions. "You don't need to experience something to offer advice on something, you also don't need to have conquered your issues to give the advice. It's kind of like knowing that being stabbed by a knife would hurt, don't need to -actually- feel it to know -how- it would hurt." After his words a casual shrug just seemed to flow. "When it's time for you to take that step then you'll take it. Simple as that." Things didn't need to go into some grand scheme of supposition, whether something happened or not it would reveal itself in time. 

A playfully disgusted sound lurched out of him. "I know, it's bad, right? I don't do this philosophy stuff. I leave it to the people it suits better. It's not something that suits me at all. Just a wolf-boy talking out of his arse." For everyone it had probably been better to think of it in that light. He nodded towards her, a smile that curved on his face returning the one she showed him in a fond fashion. "That's the spirit! Can't hide in the fallout shelter for emotions forever, right? Sometimes the bad can turn into the good too. It isn't only the good that turns to the bad." He rolled his eyes once more at himself and gave a goofy yet disgusted expression. "And that's the end of me sounding like some afterschool special." Laughter bubbled up within the center of his chest and pushed passed his lips. 

"By my stellar drawing, of course. If you haven't noticed I put even Picasso to shame." He hadn't been that confident in his drawings but it suited for him to say something to try and offer a bit more levity to the already intensely heavy evening. "You found -that- interesting and fun? I think we need to redefine what those two words actually mean, Live. . ." Soft spoken words as a nearly whispered yet breathy chortle vibrated through the air from him. "But I am glad that you were able to have that weight lifted if even a bit. Somethings you shouldn't carry around for too long, not if you want something healthy and good one day." As her head pressed harder against him, a hand lifted and pushed through the locks of her hair in a gentler course. 

His head tilted slightly, a slight shift of his expression into a quizzical one. "It's the same to me regardless. The emotions are about as normal for me as my physical status. The two. . . Can't really be separated." Unless he ingested a weeks supply of Wolfsbane, until then the two would always be related for him. It was a confusing state of trying to explain it all and he knew it would sound as if he were just coming up with excuses or even trying to avoid it entirely. The saddened truth simply had been he couldn't see the dividing line in the current state of existence for himself in relation to the ever growing presence of the moon. Then Travis' eyes lowered to look towards her, hearing the resonating vibrations that came from her humming. 

What had been with people trying to offer music a sense of a soothing device? He grunted slightly and shook his head in a subtle fashion. Maybe it helped them far more than himself, if that'd been the case, he wouldn't speak against it. "You shouldn't worry about it. It's not an abnormality for me one way or another."

Being popular in school was an overstatement, that’s something Liv never wanted, and she had no desire to be popular, especially not in her situation, and she assumed that Travis didn’t enjoy being in the spotlight and being popular. The war with words would be a tough one, she had no skills when it came to writing something captivating, and interesting, she could always tell a tale to those willing to listen.

She did preach to something she was unable to do herself, perhaps she didn’t want people to fall into the same situation she did, or maybe she was just being a hypocrite about it, but it was getting harder to think the way she was thinking every time Travis opened his mouth to talk. It was like the roles had turned, Liv wasn’t too upset about it, she was, however, surprised about how things had turned out. “People learn by actions, not my words …” It was mostly kids in her opinion, but it could also work for adults.

“Bad?” Liv laughed. She was confused to why he thought that philosophy talk was bad, she had enjoyed the conversation with him, even if he wasn’t aware of it. “Yeah, something bad can turn into something good, even when we don’t realize it at first.” She looked up at him with a smile. If half the things hadn’t happened Liv probably wouldn’t have traveled, and she wouldn’t be a nurse at the school, she wouldn’t have done half the things she did and she met a lot of different people, learned a lot of different things.

“I can’t wait to see that drawing then.” it was then that she remembered something she wanted Travis to do, but it wasn't the right day for it? Perhaps in a week or two would be for the best. She looked up at him and chuckled. "Is that so hard to believe? I don't just enjoy light conversations. It's by sharing thoughts and ideas that people connect...and I like talking to you." regardless of what he thought, Travis was more mature than what he wanted others to know, or at least it was what Liv thought of it. “Well, I’m odd, just learn to live with it.” she chuckled getting a bit closer, perhaps it had been the weather, but it was starting to get cold. There was a faint smile on her lips as he spoke, it had been for the better, the dark thoughts were no longer lingering, and it was easier to see things that it had been.

“I see, I knew there was some connection, but not like that.” There was nothing she could actively do to help him with that, she wasn’t even sure if he needed it or wanted it, but that didn’t mean she would stop worrying about him, that was going to happen regardless of the situation. She stopped humming to look at him. “Regardless, you know I will worry about you. It’s a bit foolish of you thinking I won’t worry.”

"Nah, people don't learn just by actions. Words come before the action in many cases, the action seems like it's what triggers the learning but it just triggers the realization. The words are what hang around in the mind. It gives reasons, it answers." What deterred him from following a specific path had been more along the lines of that thought process. It wasn't her action or reaction that he learned from, it just triggered the deeper understanding and meaning of the words that she -did- speak to him. "Sometimes words can reach people too, just cause they don't act on them doesn't mean it didn't have an effect either." Shoulders rose in a carefree shrug. There were times people chose to omit what had been spoken, even knowing it had been sound advice regardless of the individual's personal experience. 

"Not my kind of thing to do. I make myself cringe sometimes. . ." He admitted even if it had been partially stated in a jest-filled manner. It wasn't the part of himself that he cared for and most time she found himself just spouting stuff that didn't even seem coherent or close to proper advice. "Exactly! Sometimes seeing some silver-lining isn't entirely bad, says the hypocrite." He knew how he sounded though held no problem about calling himself out on it either. "So, just take it all in a stride." His lips curl into a gentle smile that beamed towards Liv. 

"Oh, they've been done for a while. But I can't just stop at the one." It didn't take him long to sketch or finish anything. One misconception for many people had been that they judged him by typical human constraints, time and exhaustion. None of these things really factored in for him, the biggest decider on his time had been how mentally consumed and driven he would end up getting to completing something. What pace he would set himself at simply to avoid getting too bored. "You. . . Like -talking- to me. . .? Huh, that's a switch. . . " There hadn't been many people that would say that to his face, maybe at best, two that popped into his mind that didn't include Liv. A soft laughter eased out of him, the heat brushing passed his lips. "Just deal with it, huh? Someone's gotten a bit more bold here.

Travis' head shook lightly, a faint of a sad smile curved along his lips. "It's just that I don't want people worrying about something that isn't to worry about. There are far bigger problems, more important things, that deserve that kind of attention. Not things that are practically mundane to the person, things that can't have be changed." Not entirely changed, at any rate. "It's like worrying if the duck knows how to swim or if the Kangaroo can bounce."

Travis words made sense, even when she was ready to debate words and actions, she knew his words were wiser than hers and that some people didn’t need actions to follow someone’s advice or do an action that should be done. The conversation they continued to have only proved her point further, Travis was far more mature than he let people know and she was enjoying their time together, even if it could be interpreted like something completely different. Her head pressed a bit on him, not trying to be more comfortable but as a way to express her understanding of his views.

They were both hypocrites in their own way, or so it seemed to be. She looked up at him to smile. “We’ll see what happens, sometimes we can even trip and go towards a completely different direction.” It hadn’t been the first, and certainly won’t be the last time that something happened, sometimes people just trip and discover a whole new path to take, unlikely, but not impossible.

Liv was curious about the drawings, not about hers specifically, she was more interested in what she had asked him to do, but she wasn’t going to ask for them, some other time, she was way too comfortable to ask for something that would force one of them to move. He seemed to be confused about her statement. “Yes, I do. I don’t know why you’re so surprised. ” She chuckled. She wasn’t going to tell him why unless he asked, but was he ready to accept all the things she had to tell him? Has she gotten more bold? “Well, you did call me a barnacle so…I guess you will have to deal with it.” Liv had simply grown closer to Travis.

She shifted her position and held his hand in both her hands, she didn’t want him to be sad about her worrying, she worries, it’s her thing. “Mundane or not I will worry. I will not do anything about it because, I know it’s normal to you, but I still need to adjust to it, logically I know, emotionally, it’s going to take more than one time to process it all.” She offered him a soft reassuring smile that he didn’t need to feel the way he did, but a duck that knows how to swim can still drown and a kangaroo that knows how to bounce can still fall, and while it’s wrong and impossible to prevent a person from living their life, the best she could do was stretch out a helping hand whenever needed. “But promise me that if something doesn’t feel right you can count on me. Okay?”

The idea of swimming suddenly didn’t feel like a bad one. “Travis, are you tired? I just got an idea.” She wasn’t entirely sure if it the time was good for it, but she could always keep herself warm and hopefully, Travis wouldn’t have a problem. “Do you trust me?” she looked at him as her smile grew a bit wider. Not many people could say that swimming under the moonlight was a good thing, Liv loved how quiet it was during those times.

The gentle silence that proceeded his words caused a small sense of embarrassment on his end, which had been a miracle to even occur in his nature. "Anyways, don't need to listen to me. I have no idea what I'm talking about." A defensive reaction against himself, to somewhat continue to project the idea that he'd simply been a low-grade playboy with nothing much to offer. It was a stance that wasn't necessary with Liv, something he understood as he got to know her as a person and yet. . . It'd been far more out of habit than feeling the need to hide from the gentle woman's gaze and intuition. 

Travis nodded slowly, something that he couldn't refute believing her words held truth within them along with wisdom. Things weren't meant to be on a path that couldn't change, life had been designed specifically in a way that change had been a normal function even with the abnormal situations everyone would more than likely face. At times all it could take would be a simple action, one that turned the view and mindset dramatically or someone extending apart of themselves to make that change less subtle. 

People typically don’t like talking with me in my experience. Not really, mostly tolerance. Which is fine, I prefer the distance if nothing else with some.” That had at least been his personal take on almost anyone he encountered. No matter the close bond he may or may not have with them, everyone almost always seemed far more exhausted and barely resistant to his very presence around them. As if it were simply a hassle that time and patience could wade through. “But if you really want to be like a song and stick in my head rather than a barnacle and stick to my back. . . I guess I wouldn’t mind that you enjoy talking with me.

A shaky breath exhausted from him while he watched her hands curve around his. As much as he tried to keep in mind it’d been in the friendliest manner possible it’d been growing increasingly difficult to do so. “Okay, that’s a fair point. I’ll give you time to get used to it then.” Perhaps he shouldn’t have expected her to be so easily used to such a situation, it hadn’t been one many found themselves in. Even the few that did know him far longer still struggled with the concept of it all, how things worked quite differently with him in so many ways. “I know I can count on you, Liv. Even if I did forget for a moment, you’d probably remind me. Glare at me but remind me.”

His head shook smoothly towards her question while answering. “Nah, not even close to it, honestly.” This had been when his mind started to wonder what the young woman hand in mind that required his energy as much as her trust. “Something tells me if I say, ‘Yes but why?’ you’ll say it’s a secret and drag me off somewhere.” He squinted at her with a grin of amusement. “Yes, I trust you, Liv.

Travis was such a terrible liar. She shook her head and smiled at him. He knew more than what he let on, it was alright if he didn't want to show all of that, he had his reasons and she wasn't planning on calling him out on it, but whenever he spoke, she was going to listen to him. Life had a way to knock people down, and sometimes it was for the better, perhaps what seems like a great tragedy might be the best thing that happened. She could only speak with the experience she had, she was sure that if life had taken a smoother path, she wouldn’t be the person she was today.

She didn’t tolerate Travis, she honestly enjoyed talking to him and she wanted to be sure he knew that, there was no need to think like that. “If you put it that way, I’d rather be a song stuck in your mind than a barnacle, it sounds a lot better and not like something annoying.” She chuckled, trying to light the mood of the conversation, but as long as Travis didn’t take it the wrong way it was alright. “But whoever tolerates you doesn’t know what they’re missing, you’re interesting.” Tackling the truth was the most important things, going around avoiding certain things, afraid how it sounded was never the good way to go, even if Liv herself did that sometimes, but that day it was best to just let it out. He was young but he was smart, educated and he clearly had his feet on the ground; how he portrayed himself to other was none of her business, but he was interesting.

As a nurse it wasn’t easy to ignore what she saw, she was glad he could see it from her point, seeing a friend or anyone in that situation would trigger her and her wanting to help that person, she just had to be reminded that for Travis it was normal. She smiled at him as her hand still held his in a gentle touch. “I won’t let you forget. Even if you think you got no one, you have me.” Her hand squeezed his a little bit. She wasn’t expecting him to come running to her every time he had a problem, but she hoped he would at least consider going to her knowing that it wouldn’t be a nuisance or anything.

Liv was happy to hear that he wasn’t tired, she should have expected that from him. She wasn’t tired, but being in the couch was making her sleepy, not forgetting that she was also comfortable and warm. “It’s not really a surprise but, I was thinking we could go to the lakes. It’s still warm and we won’t get sick if we go for a swim.” Her smile grew wider before she held his hand a bit tighter. It would be an easy ride to the lakes, nothing they couldn’t do with magic and at that hour no one would be around to watch them.

“We can also go for a run, well…you run, I’ll fly, you’d catch me pretty quickly if I was to use my legs to run.”

His gaze shifted away from her slightly, there hadn't been anything he felt that needed to be added from his end of things. The fact he even left himself lean towards some kind of deeper discussion had already been hit for him on whether or not he should be speaking in the first place. It simply just wasn't something he enjoyed allowing himself to do, it had been an oddity, words on a tongue that he felt shouldn't be speaking in such a way. Perhaps every had their point where it just flowed and happened but he often wished that it simply didn't when it came from him. It drew far too much attention and, much like Liv, it would've ended up getting people to tune in more towards him, an opposite effect than what he sought from most of life around him.

"Aren't you the little romantic? You could've changed it to anything and you decide to still stick my song analogy?" Travis chuckled lightly and shook his head in a gentle sway. Not that he'd been judging that by much but the idea that she'd been the type to enjoy that particular reference gave him more of an idea when it came to the type of woman she'd been as much as the type of person. "They're missing tons of heartbreak and maybe a bit of teasing depending on the person." Certainly wasn't a secret that Travis tended to have the spark in him when it came to poking at people for a bit of fun, not just for himself but also for their own state of mind to avoid taking the small things far too seriously. When it came to. . . Certain people it almost always failed simply due to the stick stuffed far too up their hinds. 

Travis lowered his gaze in a slow drift towards their connected hands, the squeezed touch left ripples for him that he could still feeling almost as if it had been done with strength. The only thing behind it had been the strength of deep care, holding all the weight of physical heaviness. Then his sights lifted up once more, trained on Liv's eyes in a long stare. Unaware of how he should feel in that very moment, glad that someone wanted to remind him? Confused that she'd been willing to get so close, offering him such softness? "You know, you're probably setting yourself for a lot of hard work." The sound of his voice had been an obvious tease in the way it formed. 

"The lakes?" The young man parroted in some surprise, he didn't think she still had that much energy and endurance in her after the day spent with him chasing her and even tackling the woman down. Albeit, not with his full strength, still he'd been quite surprised. "I don't even know if I can get sick by normal means anyways. I mean, normal maladies would compromise my system yet. . . My system is actually quite intense and well defended." It even crossed his mind a few times, could the Vampirism effect even work on? Many stories had been written contrasting it but this hadn't been a story, not at all. "But if you still have that much energy in you, then sure we can go swimming." He wasn't sure if the woman naturally carried a bathing suit with her but he'd been sure he could lend her something of his own to cover up with, have fun in without having to swing by her place or even the school's housing for Staff members. 

"We can go swimming, Liv. If we go running then you'll just end up giggling on the ground again." He smirked while the tips of his fingers walked along her arm in a paced trail. "Come on." Travis started to sit up a bit more, leg swinging further out and away from the couch. "You can use a spare T-Shirt and Shorts, I have more than a few."