Cbox
Guest enabled! No advertising, and be nice! Not much happening here? Check out our Discord!
Welcome to Tallygarunga, an original roleplay set in the Harry Potter universe. Set in present-day Australia, tensions are high between the Ministry of Magic and the only Ministry-run wizarding school in the country. Become like the other snooty private schools? Not a chance.

Originally established in August 2006, Tallygarunga prides itself on an inclusive and active community. Once part of the Tally family, always part of the Tally family. Whether you're here for the first time, the thousandth time, or returning after a long time---welcome home.
Staff
Sadrienne
Founder
LilyCat
Admin
Kaitore
Sturt
Flinders
Spencer
Bourke
Tallygarunga
a non-canon au potterverse roleplay
August, 2019 :: Winter

Tally Staff ☆ School NurseTecri
25 year old Halfbreed Veela ☆ She/Her/Hers

Liv stared at Travis with a smile. “It’s a long story. I think we have time later.” It seemed that her reaction had an effect on Travis, she didn’t mean for it to happen and the last thing she wanted was to accuse him, it was a reaction to her own fears and experiences. She couldn’t change how she felt about it, but she could at least speak her mind. Many people knew of what had happened but the feelings behind it were still a mystery to many. “Maybe after dinner, what do you say? It’s not a very interesting story though.” There wasn’t much to the story, and for a while Liv even considered it to be ridiculous, the way she was feeling about it.

“Got to get one of those now.” Obviously, Liv wasn’t going to walk around wearing just an apron, that would not only be weird but also not practical, but for a brief moment she realized how weird it all sounded, but in retrospective it was amusing.

She laughed hearing that he wanted to see her make the dance, but if they played a few she was sure she was going to make the dance if she won. “We’ll see, maybe you might see it tonight if we end up playing a game and I win.” She spoke with a certain confidence. “How can I say no to a game? I already lost one today, can’t let it happen again.” She stared at Travis with a slight glow in her eyes as she spoke about the game, hinting on her confidence that this time she was going to win. She wasn’t exactly a sore loser, she was a bad winner, she liked to gloat every time she won but didn’t throw a tantrum if she lost, like some people.

How could she not worry about him? She didn’t want to harm anyone unless there was no other way. She looked at Travis as he licked and kissed her hand. “This is not just roughness, there’s nothing wrong with it, but burning is different.” Roughness in play was amusing, she could admit she didn’t mind some of it herself, while she preferred to be gentle with others, when it came to physical activity was different, but fire was something else entirely different, it wasn’t about the adrenaline of discovering who was stronger, it was something that could burn anything in its path, it was corrosive and dangerous, especially when it was out of control.

“I don’t know about that.” She chuckled and as she continued to prepare the chicken. She noticed that Travis was next to her, jokingly she pushed him, with him she didn’t have to worry too much with the strength she used.

Bourke ☆ Seventh Year ✩ Kaitore
17 year old Halfblood Werewolf ☆ HE/HIM

"I don't sleep much during the ending days of my condition. We'll have plenty of time." He gave her an honest smile of support, while many would throw open the gates wide at the fact he didn't get much sleep at the most crucial parts of his transformation he often side stepped those mentally. There'd been very little he could do with the rate that his body changed and adjusted, it'd been akin to insomnia except it'd been endless restlessness, the nature often taking its full control in the way no matter what import of his mental capacity he tried to wield over it. "Every story is interesting. It may not be super eventful, sure, but they give way to understand a bit more about a person." More so towards mentality, mindsets that were designed as a wall for their heart or a means of escape from the wounds that couldn't heal. 

"Then I'll need to have a pretty good seamstress handle it for you. It has to be of good quality and design, I'm not about the easy wear and tear." Travis finally managed to mentally push passed the enjoyable image, at least somethings in his mind he didn't act on when he understood the clear-cut lines. "Maybe when we're in Egypt we can find some nice place to set up a little grill, have a nice little apron for you and let off a few fireworks?" The thought seemed like some kind of celebration they could do just before she left, a way to etch a beautiful memory for the two of them that would never be forgotten. Or, at least, if the will of fates allowed for it to never be forgotten. 

"With that kind of a confidence I will need to start breaking out a bunch of stuff. Just to see if you can pull off this proper victory." The tone of his voice had been an intentional taunt to and try an draw out her competitive nature. He enjoyed it, wanted to foster and fuel it finding it'd been one of her personality traits that had been so thick and fun to be exposed to. His tongue swept along the edges of his lips as if he'd just feasted upon a delectable meal. "Good, I love that shine you have in your eye at the challenge. I can't disappoint you now." He gave a coy wink towards her. 

His hand rose up lightly and his head nodded in a similar flow. "I know, I know. . . My point is, I'm made of tougher stuff. And if I need to I'll quell the flames." The tone of his voice lowered, a softness intended to be a contrast like water to salve scorched skin. It'd been quite the confidence in him that he believed he could staunch the what ever flames or fire may occur but he also held the belief that someone needed to take the chance and bravery to do so, there'd been a unique sense of bravery to assist and hold a person up even if they'd happen to slip into a moment where fire is ignited. "Some fires need a firefighter you know." He stated cheekily, perhaps a gaudy and clunky joke in the moment but he'd meant it with the intention behind the profession. 

Travis started to chuckle uncontrollably as he'd been pushed, his hips responding in kind, though with slightly more restrained strength. It'd been a good thing, for him, that he didn't need to hold back too much find it somewhat of a relief. Yet, still had to be mindful of the differences between the two of them. "So, tell me, What inspired, 'Ms. Teagarden, Travel extraordinaire!' to become a Nurse for a bunch of whiney and hormonal teens?" He'd started to grab hold of a cutting board with whole parsley and started to julienne the herbs. "Besides the fact that she's a golden hearted maiden." In his book the woman had practically been a Disney Princess in disguise, all she lacked had been some kind of connection to a massive castle. Which, knowing the Wizarding world, she probably had smuggled somewhere. 

"I know not everyone has a reason beyond the whole, 'I just need to get money in my pocket, to have a career to support myself.' But you strike me as a woman with ambition and a deep cause in her heart."

Olivia assumed he simply had a hard time sleeping, it couldn’t be easy with all the changes happening. She wasn’t sure if she could stay awake the whole night just to keep him entertained but she was sure she could hold most of the night, she couldn’t promise anything, only that she would try her best. She didn’t think her story was very interesting, it did, however, explain a few things about her, why she liked to help others and not have others help her.

“Maybe even fireproof it.” she knew it was a joke, at least for her it was, but it would be a useful thing, even a great present to annoy her aunt. She enjoyed the idea of a little grill even more than she enjoyed the idea of a fireproof apron. “Yeah, we can do that, under the stars and little fire, and I’m even sure we’ll enjoy it.” while days were hot, nights were often cold in that region, if it was something Travis was into they could always set up camp, they wouldn’t need to worry about staying in shelters provided people like them, while they wouldn’t be able to enjoy certain stories she was sure they could find other people that had equally interesting ones.

She let out a laugh, she couldn’t imagine someone who would want to see her victory dance. “I’m sure you’ll get to see it, and then I can rub my victory in your face.” She looked at him with an innocent look before smiling at him, the same desire for competition could be seen the way she looked at him. She loved it, it was like those moments before a game.

Would he even be able to? She found it highly unlikely that he could hold long, feeling fire in one’s skin while being alive probably wasn’t a good feeling, she couldn’t feel it herself, but she would assume burning flesh wouldn’t be too appealing for most people, if he was talking about himself it worried her that he would do such a reckless thing, getting hurt because of her. “And sometimes firefighters need to be treated for serious burns … but, I suppose if you get burnt, I can easily fix you.” Assuming he didn’t become a piece of charcoal she could easily fix his burns, werewolf or not it will hurt.

Travis mimicked her actions, Liv barely even moved when his body hit hers, it simply reminded her the time she had to endure in the field being hit by the beaters, while it was something that hurt a lot more than whatever game they were playing, she didn’t mind. “Honestly, I always wanted to become a nurse, while working at a school wasn’t ideal, I figured that I can actually help students.” She looked at him with a smile. “While I was traveling, the most vulnerable people were kids, if I work with a bunch of teens I can pick up where their families can’t, and maybe, just maybe I can make a difference in someone’s life and maybe that kid will have a better future.” She wasn’t doing just for them, or for her, she knew the difficulties certain people had to take care of their kids. “I was lucky, my parents shipped me off to my aunt when I was little, and she took care of me alone, I know some parents might find it difficult, never being around, sometimes teens need support too.”

She looked up at him with a smile. “I suppose one of the reasons I traveled was to find my parents, but twenty-two years later what was I expecting?”

"I thought fireproofing it was already expected? Of course, you also need to have one that says, 'Too hot to handle.' " While such a phrasing often meant a far more physical sexuality sense as a play on words, to him, he took it far more literal. He hadn't seen the warm triggered into a blaze but he imagined it'd be quite the virulent flame. The more they talked, the more activities seemed to pop up and the less crazy they seemed to sound in his mind than when originally proffered. It'd been rare that he had been able to spend time with anyone so recreationally, only breaking that seal on his life in the current year. "Hey, as long as I'm hanging with you, Liv? I'll enjoy anything." Travis stated honestly, the activities made the memory unique, the person made it the memory. Seeing fireworks on an opened exposed sky wouldn't have been as impactful of a memory if no one had been there to share it. As someone who has to remember things scene through another entities eyes, often he found himself prizing memories to high standards. 

"Rub it in my face? You think you'll be winning that much? I hope you brought your dancing shoes then, because that just means I win regardless." A wide smile formed on his face, the thought that she'd be such a gloater amused him greatly. The chance of seeing her with a triumphant smile, though, that's something he wanted to see too. Missing out on her years of being a Quidditich player he imagined it'd be one of the only times he'd be able to witness such an expression on her usual kindly features. 

"I do like the prospect of you fixing, I have to admit. . ." Though the tone of voice softened, understanding she never wanted to see a person in an injured state, part of him couldn't help but turn it into a minor flirtation. "But the firefighters take the risk while knowing it intimately. There comes a time where there are people in your life that are worth jumping headlong into the fire for them." While he didn't have many of them, there were a few he identified that either have, could, or had been on their way to earn such a loyal and reactive action from him. "You're one of those people to me. Always will be." He laughed lightly as a good-natured smiled curled. "But I've never been one to think words were deal-sealers. If the time comes, I'll just have to show you." Whether she doubted him or not he hadn't known, it didn't mother one way or the other. His personal belief held a mindset cementing the thought that he would need to prove it somehow. 

He nodded in approval towards her remaining firmly standing after he reciprocated the previous action. Though his expression slowly shifted to one of intrigue, listening to her as she answered his question. "I'm beginning to see why some of the student body considers you as a Disney Princess, that sweetness and gentleness could take a candy company out of business." His smiled shifted to an expression that showed it'd been a compliment for the efforts she put into others. "So, it has as much to do with your heart as well as your past? I get that and it seems reasonable. Someone needs to help those out that are downtrodden." That hadn't been something he'd have done or even chose to do, in truth, nothing quite so idealistic and good-willed. He also wasn't blind that things that are heavy travesties in the world needed people like that to move and shield, to give those that had been in his own situation or worse in the eyes of society a fighting chance if they didn't have a strength to bolster their convictions with. 

"Find your parents, huh. . .?" He looked up towards her, that smile. If her parents saw it they'd probably beam with pride at the way the woman had grown, had chosen to do better in every situation. His gaze fell away from her and stared towards the chopping board after a firm solid chop that caused the metallic blade to echo against the solid and smooth wood. "Then why don't we keep the search up for them?" Travis offered, a half-smirk touched on his face while he settled the knife down and turned his attention fully towards Liv. "Finding people tends to be one of my forte's in a way! With enough info, a way to track them we better potential chances. I'll travelling a lot anyways too, right?" He expected her to try and tell him it would be fine, that he didn't need to or even that she'd been fine as she was now. 

Not allowing that chance to allow it to bubble up he quickly spoke. "There are somethings, even if they seem mountainous, that we still have to keep doing. To try and really see in through. Some stuff takes a while, a long while. I didn't think anyone could snap my stubbornness to refocus around me. . . But someone did. So, I'm sure, with help and effort we can find them. If that what you want, I mean, truly want." He nodded and gave a finalized huff of hair through his nostrils. "If you can stand there and wonder what it'd be like to meet them then we should try and meet them."

She laughed as he spoke about the apron, whenever she caught fire, she was indeed too hot to handle, and the worst was that she should be handled with care. It had been a while since her activities involved no one but herself and a good book, she was surprised that she was able to find someone who she could consider a friend, at least in the student body, most students wouldn’t want to hang out with the nurse, but then again most students didn’t seem to be as mature as Travis. He was sure that he was going to enjoy it as long as she was with him? That was what she called having faith in a person. She doesn’t that special that would make anything memorable, or easily enjoyable, but she couldn’t wait to see how it would go with them, she was sure she was going to treasure the memory, as much as she was going to treasure their game of tag previous that day, perhaps even more.

Liv nodded at Travis, she was planning on winning a few times and she was also planning in rubbing it in his face. “That’s not fair.” She smiled looking at him. At least Travis wouldn’t feel bad about losing and having her gloat.

She pushed Travis with her hand in a playful manner, she would try to fix him if he got injured, it wasn’t just her job, but he was also her friend. “You’re not a firefighter to put yourself in danger like that.” Even if she appreciated the thought, she would most likely do the same to those she held dear, she would do anything to help them, protect them and walk with them, if they let her and wanted her. Liv didn’t like to leave those she loved behind, but sometimes people had their own paths to walk and needed to do it alone.

Liv began to smile. Calling her a Disney Princess was too much. Her actions also gave her some satisfaction, it wasn’t just about the others, if she didn’t enjoy what she did she would have tried something else, probably would still want to help others. “I suppose, I mean, if I didn’t have my aunt, I’d probably wouldn’t be me.” She shrugged before continuing what she was doing. “Veela’s temperament is hard to control, if my aunt hadn’t raised me, I wouldn’t be here, sometimes all you need is someone to take a chance and do something nice.” Olivia would like to help others in a similar way her aunt had helped her, if not by now Olivia would probably have done some damage thanks to her veela heritage.

As much as she appreciated the thought, she couldn’t have Travis do such a thing, he had things to do, things to learn and it was her own situation to take care of, she shouldn’t bother himself with it, the same way there was another variable, they could be dead already and searching would be just a waste of time. “As much as I wouldn’t ...” She started but he was a quitter. Liv listened quietly as he spoke before putting her hand on his shoulder. She smiled at him as he continued to talk. Liv would love to find her parents, but after not finding them she didn’t have much hope of ever meeting them, she would have to rely on her aunt’s photographs of them.

He spoke so fast that she didn’t even have a chance to say anything. The way he spoke it seemed like she had done some grand, it someone filled her heart with a certain joy knowing that Travis was now focused on himself. “You know…there’s a chance they are dead already.” She finally spoke, but this time she didn’t seem to want to stop him, she was more agreeing with his position and wanted to continue her search. “But it has to be we, not just you, and not just me.” Her smile grew as she stared at Travis. “You’re still stubborn, well, persistent, it’s a good trait.” Liv put the knife down on the counter. The chicken was already ready for them to cook, but there were a few things that needed to be said.

“But first, you need to go to Egypt, learn what you got to learn, and then I suppose we can both go. Who knows, maybe you’ll find some more interesting people along the way.”

Confidence in the people that he hung out with, more so those that had started to make far more waves than he ever could imagined deserved a certain extent of faith from him. Something that wasn't easily defined or developed towards any single person or organizations as a whole. Very few could be considered those that had developed that form of bond within him, in fact, he could count those that had on only a single hand currently. Amongst those, excluding the ever curious cat that stayed with him, only one had managed to even make it passed the threshold and into his actual house. Staying as more than just 'someone to work out the carnal urges'. This caused his gaze to shift over towards Liv, a gentle smile exposed on his lips as he thought about that fact. How did he even end up getting so close with her, so quickly? There'd been no complaints in his book but he did jokingly attribute it in his mind to some unique spell she worked on his mind. 

"Oh, didn't you know? I enjoy pulling off the -I win anyways- methods. It works for me often." He gave a mischievous grin. "Like chasing you today? Win or Lose, I would've won~. The deal was, after all, if I won we go to Egypt and if not we go on a trip to where you want to go!" That was he winked, as if he'd been some kind of mastermind planning things step by step. Really, he'd just been far more sneaky in mentality towards certain things. All with the intent to spend time with a woman who had wanted to make some kind of positive impression on his life. 

He bobbled slightly from the playful push, laughter expelled out of him out of enjoying the moment. "I'll be training to be one, sort of. A Curse Breaker is a type of firefighter, am I right? We can agree that some curses are literal and metaphorical fires." His eyebrows wriggled up and down, it had been an extremely dangerous occupation and he'd been aware of it. Perhaps even far more dangerous than a job in the Auror's department if he had to be quite honest. "Even if I wasn't? I'd still run in after you." That was when his hand reached out and squeezed the side of her waist in a comforting embrace - to offer a softness in contrast to the usual strength he held. 

A nod of understanding flowed from him, it made sense. "There are some people in our lives that tip that balance it seems. Some expected, some unexpected. There are just some that can nurture the worse in us as much as the best in us - at times the worse is ironically the best option." It seemed somewhat oxymoronic to state that final part, maybe it'd been the realism in him or maybe even understanding that certain actions that were 'worse' or 'Bad' at times eventually led to 'good' and a change towards our 'better' after experiencing it. That was when the edge of his nails scratched at his forehead, far too much philosophical debating in his mind. "That's true, sometimes you also just need to be willing to be receptive to it too. Someone can do something nice but if you aren't opened to it, on some level, it won't get through. Ask me how I know." That had been more of a personal reflection than anything else to his mind. 

Travis had many stubborn and brick-wall moments when it came to certain things and he hadn't been ignorant or ignored those portions of himself. This had been one of the moments and he'd intended to revel in it entirely. There had been that caveat that he hadn't considered, it hadn't mad much of a dent in trying to get him to back away from the idea none-the-less. As someone that had lost at least once parent, he understood the importance of needing someone to help in those moments. Even if they hadn't raised her majority of her life the effect, he imagined, would be impactful in knowing for certain. "Why would I find your parents alone? That wouldn't be fair. You definitely have to meet them with me. And I want to be there to make sure you have every bit of support that you need.

His lips curved into a confident smile. "You're so sweet, complimenting me like that. That's your own fault though, you've got be attached to you. Now I'm not going anywhere. All because you wanted to talk me out of revenge! People have me stuck to them. Congrats." As much as he tried to make it seem like a bad thing from his angle, something told him that hadn't been the view of the few that had been aware or knew his old intentions. He huffed lightly. "I'll learn, but if it comes up that you're travelling you take me regardless of where I am in my learning. Especially since breaks will happen anyways.

Then his head tilted to the side slightly and he gave a soundless chuckle. "I'm sure there are interesting people that I will meet. But that doesn't mean they're the people that hold meaning to me, one of those people? Standing right here in the kitchen with me." As he said that he started to strain the pasta and began to pull all the cooked and finished ingredients together before sprinkling the basil across the food and gingerly tipping a jar of sauce over the contents liberally. "And they're pretty interesting to me. To the point I can't get enough of learning about them."

The way he had put it when they spoke about the chase was all about him winning, she had to admit it was a genius move on his end, it would allow him to get what he wanted and she just fell for it like it was her first time making a bet, but she can’t say she lost, it was always a win-win situation for both of them. But the situation did end up alright, amusing if she had to describe it. She stared at him with an amused expression, he had tricked her, she didn’t mind, it was even more fun this way.

Curse breakers had it hard and they trained to achieve what they are supposed to, but they were no firefighters, technically they didn’t have to deal with actual fire, even if curses were metaphorical fires and possibly way more dangerous, they could be easier to contain into a location, a fire was slightly harder. “Honestly, that’s what worries me, you running in after me.” She couldn’t hide her discomfort in knowing he could be injured. “But you won’t listen to me, you’re persistent like that. Be sure you tread carefully because if you get burnt, I will hurt you.” She said jokingly, as she stared at him, but she would hurt him whenever he got better from the burns.

She stared at him a bit confused, she always tried to nurture the best in people and never the worst, the worst could never be good, however, it depended on what people considered to be good and bad about someone. But certain bad actions could lead to something good and vice versa; she wondered if he was talking from experience was it was because of what he planned to do, whatever it was much have crossed his mind several times. “Sometimes, even when you’re not completely open, there’s always something in you that makes you wonder.” It wasn’t a straight answer to anything. Even when one isn’t completely receptive there are certain things that change, mostly how things are perceived, or at least she would like to believe that. “But I want to know, might give me a better insight on you.”

“I don’t know why it crossed my mind, you just…you have that vibe that when you want something, or you care for someone you’d just go for it head-on. That’s stupid but sweet.” Perhaps wasn’t something Travis was used to listening to, but the way he spoke and acted he seemed the type of friend that would do anything for those he cherishes, even wanting to be with her if she finds them.

She smiled at him as she saw his own. “I don’t mind that you’re the one that got attached, I think I could hardly find anyone better.” She didn’t mind Travis, she enjoyed spending some time with him, even if his wolfish nature was slightly different from what she was used to, it wasn’t bad or something she would want to avoid if anything it was something she wouldn’t mind getting to know better. “After our trip to Egypt I won’t see myself traveling with anyone that isn’t you, you’ll be my traveling companion.”

Olivia wasn’t sure what to even say to Travis, did he enjoy spending so much time with her? She smiled in his direction as he strained the pasta. “I hope that person doesn’t disappoint.” She knew at some point there would be far more interesting people than her, those were the people he should meet, they could help Travis in ways Liv probably couldn’t. “I mean people that hold some knowledge about other things.” She spoke playfully poking the side of his torso, almost like she was trying to tickle him. “But I suppose we can listen to them together; four ears are better than two.”

Even in the natural state of recklessness, Travis had been the contradictory 'Planned reckless-sort', the ones that understand the costs and went ahead with an idea and plan that would hopefully levy out towards more good than bad in an outcome. Something that didn't always work or even held any real science towards it other than getting lucky or pushing the limit on what he could do. Luckily, the activity then didn't require much of a push though it had tested certain limits that he typically tried to keep in check. His gaze layered over her amused grin, something he had admittedly been smugly happy to pull from her. It meant a sense of approval, acceptance, which also meant she hadn't taken it as a bad thing - he hoped anyways. 

He understood her concerns, after all, if someone had told him they'd run after him while he sought a bloodied revenge against a natural apex predator. . . Well, he would probably be far more worried and glanced at them as if they'd lost the rest of the marbles that had barely been contained in their heads. Even still, there were certain predilections about himself that he'd never stop adhering towards. "I get it, I do. Fully and whole heartedly. But you're right, I'm far too persistent and you're far too important for me to not." A confident smile started to slowly stretch across his face. "I can't guarantee I won't be burned, sometimes its necessary." Sometimes, someone couldn't escape away without gaining the wound in another's place. 

"Does it? I guess it does depend on person and circumstances. . ." Travis knew that for himself, nothing short of seeing that active sadness on another would've even made him wonder in the first place. Words were simply words, mutable, ever changing and never consistent enough to hold the weight in many events. Yet, actions, impressions, these things were far more lasting on the mind due to the imagery. While words and phrases could stick, what the eyes saw and the mind interpreted couldn't easily be erased when it effected the course of ones cognition. "What? I mean, that's just a saying you know, right?" He stated in a joking manner, head tilted towards the side inquisitively. "Besides, I'm sure you know it all now anyways. You were kind of there for a heavy chunk of it." From his recollection he told her most things, there were a few miscellaneous and scattered portions of his life in general but those hardly ever popped in his mind to say anything about. 

"You aren't wrong. . . If it was any other typical situation?? I would, probably without even saying I would." He held enough sense in his head to know when the line needed to be drawn when it came to acting in someone else's honor. "But these are your parents, you know? This is a quest you've been far longer than most people would've even expected, I bet." Whether or not she told others closer to her, he wasn't aware but that didn't detract from the fact laymen's people wouldn't know the efforts and time she most likely put into the search. "This is one of those things where because of its sensitivity, because it's important on the level of your heart, your expectations, the kinds of things you probably want to ask them? It isn't something I can just go full throttle on a search trying to dig up information about." While he'd been wild there were still expectations, still 'codes' to observe, not unlike different ways the animal kingdom itself tends to interact in tribes of creatures. 

"Liv. . ." Now his smile grew, the woman was far too sweet for the health of anyone that held a predisposition to diabetes. He also felt overwhelmingly embarrassed as the smiled edged along his cheeks, a hand raising up to try and contain the giddiness, the happiness that had started to well up and take place within his heart. "I don't want to travel with anyone else but you, Olivia." It felt weird to say it in such a bold way, just because he didn't 'want to' didn't mean it 'wouldn't happen' either. It just wouldn't feel right, they couldn't take the place of someone whom he had not started to see in a light quite similar to how she saw him, most likely when it came to journeying. "Then we're travelling companions. Regardless of who manages to join us, that spot will just be for the two of us together." It sounded romantic, as much as he knew she didn't mean it that way - that she probably wouldn't even see it that way. Travis, however, saw how it could be seen as a romanticists oath or pact. 

Laughter emitted as he felt her tickle his sides with the tip of her prodding finger. "She hasn't disappointed so far. And I'm pretty hard to disappoint, I just hope she can continue to see me as someone that she wants to be around." At some point he expected her to eject him out of her life, to place up some form of wall to start shaping the distance. Part of him understood that as unlikely too, it didn't fit the kind of person she showed herself to be. All the same, it'd been difficult to not see the worse in a scenario with people due to the personal issues his mindset harbored, issues he'd slowly been trying to work on readjusting. "I'd like that. I mean, the both of us listening. I like the idea of being able to share stuff with someone close or special or important." It hadn't been a chance he'd managed to find to himself into often, sharing the important parts of his life in such a way. 

After finishing pulling everything together he started to pull plates from the shelves, moving a reasonable amount of food on two of them and placing them on the table. "What do you want to drink? I know with this kind of meal you usually pop a proper light wine but. . . I imagine you'd feel odd drinking that with me." he chuckled lightly, while he hadn't yet been 'officially' eighteen until the later end of the year, he'd long been allowed the use of alcohol in his own home by his Mother. Simply for the fact that his unique situation made him far more tolerable to the effects of it. 

She somehow understood how he felt, she would probably do the same. It would depend on the situation, but in most cases, she would do the same, she would do whatever it took to save others she cared for. “You’re too important too, so how can I let you get hurt? But you listen to me, if you do, I will hurt you.” She probably wouldn’t have the courage to hurt Travis if he got burnt, it all depended on the gravity of things and how hard it would be to heal him back, even if his own situation would help the healing process, it was still a painful moment.

There were too many variables that they needed to consider, even if someone was closed to other’s opinions, the simple fact of listening to them, or even growing closer to someone could be a breaking point, a way to reach the person’s subconscious. She nodded at him before watching his expression. “Oh no, I don’t mean like that silly.” He had told her most things, but it was a matter of perception of the person he is that she wanted to grasp, not events, talking in the Hospital Wing was always complicated, someone could always interrupt them, it was harder to see Travis beyond what he told her. “I mean, the person behind it all. You know, I don’t want to just know more of you, I also want to understand, not just accept. It sounds a bit ridiculous, but I don’t think I understand much, and I want to change that.” It didn’t matter what she knew if she couldn’t understand there was no point in knowing much.

She never really wondered about her parents, not much at least she knew everything she wanted to know from her aunt, except the reason why they shipped her off to Australia. She could assume why it was that probably they were afraid of something and her aunt would have a better chance at raising her, but it was all a speculation, no real information about it. “You’re always trying to be a hero.” She said trying to joke with the situation, but he did have a predisposition to be a hero. “But I think the only question I really want to know is why, just pure curiosity, why they sent me here.” Whatever their reason was had to be a valid one, for what she knew they weren’t the type of people to just do something like that. “But on the bright side, at least I have a friend with me.”

A laugh escaped her lips as she looked at Travis. She meant what she was saying, of everyone she knew and was friends with so far, Travis had been the one that she somehow felt more comfortable around. “Then it’s settled, we’re traveling companions, maybe I even get to learn a few tricks in my field, who knows, maybe you’ll need them too.” Dealing with curses was harder than to deal with injured people, although sometimes curses did lead to injuries, it would probably give Travis some advantage.

“Travis…” she called out his name as she continued to poke his side. “I don’t think I can see you as someone who I don’t want around.” She poked him one more time before leaning on the counter. “I won’t leave.” She tried to reassure him. She had left once, but she returned, there was no excuse for what she had done. “Well, if I leave, I guess I’ll have to take you with me.” She peaked on what he was doing. Surprisingly Travis wasn’t joking, he seemed to be a decent cook, well, he was far better than decent, maybe a job of a curse breaker would be wasted on him. “Listening together, talking and sharing, I mean, it’ll be great you’ll see. Maybe even do some more traveling to see whatever was told is real, if it’s interesting enough to explore.”

Liv pulled away from the counter as she watched Travis serving the food. The choice she had to make was hard. “It’s odd because you’re a minor and I don’t want to be blamed for what might happen if you get too carried away.” It was the only thing that made the situation awkward, at the eyes of the law he was still a minor. “But whatever you want, I’m not picky.” She moved to the table and circled it slowly. “So, you need to tell me the story of how you learned to cook, cookbook? Television? Oh oh, internet videos?”

A smile stretched across his face, if he had been the kind of person easily embarrassed he probably would've developed a tint of red. Luckily, that hadn't been the case at all. Yet, he did offer a quite laughter that showed a sense of being flattered that she thought so highly of his importance. Whether she meant to herself or in general, that hadn't mattered really to him. The fact remained she held a positive imagery in her mind about his place somewhere, even when he didn't about himself. "It sounds like you're going to be hurting me pretty often then. I think getting hurt in someway is part of my fate or something." He stated challengingly, a grin started to form across his face. "Looks like I'll have to make you my primary Nurse -slash-doctor!

She'd wanted to understand him? It sounded as if she sought to understand the very core of him as a person or as an individual. Maybe the two concepts hadn't entirely splintered away from one another the more he thought about it. He then shook his head lightly, as a weaker smile flexed. "It makes sense to me. I mean do we ever truly 'understand' a person? There are so many complexities, even in ourselves." There had been things in recent weeks that had happened, that confused him and not in the sense that he was losing himself. Far more like he'd been finding himself, emotions that may have always been and just laid dormant. "Somethings I don't think I could ever tell you. Not because I don't want to, mostly because I can't. Along the lines of 'I don't really know myself'. The kind of things that others probably will need to discover." Travis nodded towards her, understanding the purpose and desire of want to gain that kind of knowledge, seeing as he felt the same way. "But whatever you ask or considering exploring, its' free reign.

The largest secret, to him, had been that he was a Werewolf. Even that desire of revenge hadn't been as weighty in his opinion as  a secret. 

"Me? A hero?" An expression of bewilderment made itself known on his face, head tilted as his eyes stared upon her quizzically for such an idea. "You've got the wrong Franklin there, Liv. My Dad? That man was a hero. As for me? Well, I'm not even close to half of the man he'd been." That had been the truth laid out to him in his eyes. His father did things not just because it'd been his job but because he'd been a genuinely good man who worked hard, loved hard, and bled for everything that he believed in. While, in his own eyes, Travis had done nothing for the sake or betterment of the masses or a large group. He simply did what he did for those that seemed important enough for him or on a legitimate whim to assuage his curiosity. "I get that curiosity, I ask myself a lot of stuff. Mostly pointless in my case, I guess." Like why had he been the one to get bitten, was it all some mistake? A freak accident of natures whim? Or intentional? He shook his head to dissolve the questioning thoughts from his mind. "You'll have always have me as long as I draw breath.

"Knowing me? I probably will need them. At the very least, to be able to patch myself up enough to get to a professional if needed." The chances he'd need a professional were slim, it would've taken an extremely grievous wound to even place him in such a need. Which, in most cases, he'd most likely end up regenerating such harsh wounds unless they'd been a high extensive on the magical scale. "And who knows, what I learn might try to assist you too. Curses that might be difficult to dismantle, not from skill but just from luck itself on the students part." He found that when students believed they had a 'Knack' for something it was more towards the factor that they over-done a spell on pure accident and less on purpose. 

His breathing hiked, the spotlight shined on him in his mind and it caused his attention to be pulled fully towards the woman as she spoke to him. "Liv. . ." The poke she offered caused his body to squirm slightly with a soft chuckle, his hand reached out to slide along hers before it pulled away. "I will always go with you, wherever you went off to. No questions asked." Maybe questions would've suited people that felt that they needed to know, all he really needed to know was that someone wanted him around. That, alone, spoke volumes to him in a way that he didn't think actually mattered deep down or at least what he pretended to ignore. "Becoming amateur explorers and investigators? It sounds like my kind of reckless, I'm in for that." It was a dangerous notion, to try and see if the tales told were real but something he wouldn't mind doing even with the chances. 

"You're the excessive worrywart sort, I have to remind that." Travis stated as a momentary tease towards the woman. It also had just been the two of them, if he did somehow end up getting out of hand he expected the woman would lay him out in quick fashion. Not that he expected things to escalate to such a point, he'd been well aware of himself enough. He made his way towards a wooden cabinet that held several bottles of wine, taking one off the shelves, a Red Wine to be precise. On his way back to meet Liv at the table he grasped two wine glasses, settling one next to each plate before popping the cork and filling the glasses up only half way. "All your hard work, the effort that you put in. . . You deserve a relaxing and proper drink to go with the kind of meal it is.

The smell of the alcohol invaded his nostrils, the strong sense of fermented grapes that had been aged years settled. "Oho, the question on my skills, huh? A mixture of cookbooks and really freestyling with it." While sitting down he started to use a fork to spread out the pasta and chicken to let it mix in just a bit more in case he hadn't done a fully thorough job of it the first time. "Living in a home with a mostly checked out parent for a bit meant I had to learn quick and fast. Nutrients were important, not just for my mother so she didn't waste away but also for myself. I need. . . A lot more than most people to keep up with how much I burn, how much is needed so that the transformations are tearing me apart in a different way. You know, like excessive aging. I look older but not as old as I -could- look.

It seemed to be impossible trying to show that she wasn’t amused with him getting hurt, she simply couldn’t by the way he was talking about things. She stared at Travis. “I guess I am, just no life-threatening situations because if I heal you back, I will put you in the same condition before I healed you.” That probably wasn’t going to help much, she would heal him, probably slap him and be mad at him for a few minutes before going back to normal.

She looked up at the young man, he didn’t seem to oppose to any of that. “We can’t truly understand a person, not really, there are too many variables, but we can understand enough to place ourselves in that person shoes.” It would help with understanding and accepting certain positions, she didn’t just want to accept and leave it at that, what made a person act the way they act is equally important, the emotions behind it are as well. “We grow every day every year, we change, sometimes for the better and sometimes for the worst, but we grow. I don’t need you to tell me what you don’t know, just how it makes you feel, but it’s an open path, both ways, just want you to know that.” She didn’t want him to think that he would be only giving and not receiving, she was willing to travel through the same path as he was.

It seemed to have a different feeling in the air, the way he talked about his father. Liv put her hand on his back and rubbed it a little, she didn’t mean to pull such memories from him. There were several types of heroes, there was no point in telling him that right now. It couldn’t have been easier for him, at such a young age. “The curiosity is not pointless Travis, it never is.” But perhaps it shouldn’t be something he should poke around, but it was up to him, and if it was something he desired as much as she did in wanting to find her parents then she’d have to accept that and help him if he required. “It goes for you too, it’s not just a one-way path.”

There he was again, talking about getting hurt. She knew it was a possibility, she just didn’t like it very much, but all she could do is annoying him long enough for him to be careful. “I’d like that.” She smiled at Travis. Offering his help meant a lot, not just for her but for the students that might find themselves in a tougher situation. “You’ll be a great curse breaker.” She commented as she thought about what he had said earlier. It would be great to have someone like that assist her in some cases.

She didn’t want him to follow her blindly, but she appreciated the gesture. Her hand rose to grab his, and she kept his hand in hers for a while. “I would very much want you to ask me because if I am planning something reckless, I don’t want to just do it and drag you along with me to certain failure.” Even she had the notion that she was prone to make mistakes, put others in danger along with herself if that was the case, she wanted someone to ask her about it, to make her see the light if whatever she was doing was wrong. Even trying to see if the stories were right had a certain danger to it, but that’s just something they both seemed to be on board.  “We will make a great team.”

Telling her not to worry was like telling a bird not to fly. She knew it was just the two of them, and outside school her life was private, she didn’t have to abide by the rules of the school or the etiquette that came with being a professional, in a way it was quite liberating. But somehow, she was still worried about it. “I’m not the only one that worked hard you know?” she continued to circle the table slowly.

She sat down and looked at Travis as she began explaining how he learned how to cook. It took her a while to pick a fork, she was more interested in hearing what he was saying. “I have to admit this puts my own cooking to shame.” She could guess that it wasn’t easy keeping up, being a werewolf probably burnt a lot more calories than anyone else. “What do you do between transformations I mean? Right after them, something to help with the skin or just, you sort of let it go?”

The insistence that had been in her phrasing caused his lips to turn a smile towards her. "Love you too, Liv." Then the look in his eyes started to gradually soften the longer he stared upon the young woman. He couldn't guarantee anything to her, that much he expected she knew herself. Yet, that hadn't been the solace she wanted to hear either, she wanted to hear the odds and probability defying answer - something that could inspire a sense of certainty and confidence. His hand rose up and touched the side of her cheek in a gentle caress. "I promise no life-threatening condition, nothing that would cause you to be so worried." At the very least, he'd try. 

He could find no reason to deny her such a curiosity, they had planned to be entangled in one another's lives and quite deeply the more that he considered just how connected the two of them had started to become. "Never thought you could understand someone to such a degree. I doubt even vampires with a thousand years under their belt could even comprehend themselves." Travis had come to the conclusion that the adventures of life had been less about figuring people out or even yourself but had been about defining yourself to a place where you did understand them as much as a bond between another person. "I tell you, you tell me sort of deal? There's a lot to tell you know. " Now that he had told Meadow just about everything it'd been fine, in his opinion, to tell others the bit of details about facts pertaining himself. "But if it's you? I'll be willing to share it." That had been when he gave a coy wink towards her direction. "And you did promise there would be something, 'After dinner', right? That seems like a good time for mutual questions.

At least from what he expected she meant, to understand a person, whom they were. . . It required delving into places and things in the past that had shaped them. The occurrences that stayed as a memory, an echo that couldn't desist even in the present. 

"Maybe. . ." He responded towards her uninspired. Whether or not he found out the reasons for why he'd been attacked or been in that proximity it wouldn't change anything in his heart or mind, not that he could see. The way she touched him once more sent shiver down his spine, jaw quivered as an exhaust of air passed by his lips in sheer pleasure. The effect she still seemed to hold on him. Even so, he felt knowing wouldn't unveil this sudden revelation or understanding in his mind that would help to come to terms with anything or even see a purpose that he could understand due to the way it had effected his life. "Then you better keep all that air in your lungs constantly flowing. Chances are I'll end up needing you around more than you even think." That had been when he decided to show his far more flirtatious smile. 

A smooth nod flowed from him as he confirmed in agreement that she'd like it. "I don't know for certain if I'd be great but that is the aim, right?" A subpar curse breaker would end up finding themselves left without most of their limbs or worse. That wasn't something he could risk and there still remained much knowledge, many curses, that needed to be discovered and disarmed from many peoples lives. If nothing else, for the fact that it could lead to a good branch of monetary security. "I'll make sure that I'm good enough to make you proud in the efforts." Not that he needed anyone to feel beholden to in such a way. 

"Sometimes, Liv? You don't need someone to yell words at you to snap you out of a choice. Sure, that could work, but there are plenty of times it doesn't snap right in the mind like it should." While words didn't jostle him, it'd been actions, companionship. Someone there, in presence, that hadn't held any severe view or opinion towards him. "More often than not, especially with people more prone to act first and think far later? You need simply someone to be there, a person to pull from the jaws in a far more present and active way." His head shook lightly towards her. "And no matter what the situation is, I'll try to find a way to be there to get you out of it." Even if it meant he had to get far more physical than needed. Then his lips curved into a flattered smile. "We do make a pretty good team, don't we?"

Travis shook his head. "Maybe not, but I'm not serving anyone else tonight, now am I?" His head cocked to the side slightly as he gave a smug grin towards her. "You're my concern and focus right now, and even if you weren't all my friends are to me. Your wellbeing is far more important to me than some random person working their jobs." He hadn't spent time investing emotional value towards the 'Working and stressed stiff'. They certainly weren't any of his concern, however, Liv? His friend? The person whom he had just spent far more time with during the day and had even went as far as to 'Mark her' in a way that had been extremely intimate? She'd been different by leaps and bounds in comparison. 

"I don't believe it. I'm pretty sure you have people scrambling to have you make them a meal." He couldn't believe that she'd been a lesser cook than himself, all he had done was follow a recipe a few times and gradually grew to adjust things towards a personal palette. "My skin. . .?" At first his brow furrowed in confusion before they snapped open in realization and slid the sleeves of his shirt up to reveal barely a fraction of the scars that marked his entire frontal portion of his body. "Depends. Most times I just let it go, there's very little reason for me to actively attend to them." Shoulders raised in a casual shrug. "I tend to avoid school for a bit still though, not because of the wounds, mostly because the primal emotions are probably far more raw after wards than at these points. . . You know, now it's the build up, I can. . . Keep contained a bit better. After? It's like a high trying to barrel down. It's even more at the surface.

That was he huffed slightly and a somewhat wry smile curved across his lips. "That also tends to be when I'm at my. . . Highest point of libido. Tend to need to satisfy in the carnal kind of way.

It seemed to be impossible to get mad at him at that moment. She understood it was hard to say with certainty that he wouldn’t get hurt, no one would want to get hurt on purpose, at least not someone who was fully aware of their mental capacity. “You can’t actively promise that, but I’ll take it.” she knew very well that sometimes life takes a turn and people see themselves in situations they thought they would never find themselves, and that they would do things that they never thought they would do, she experienced that, and, even if she didn’t want to Travis to get hurt, she had to let him do what he thought he should do.

It was hard understanding someone to such a degree, it wasn’t impossible. To Oliva was a matter of being in sync, some people are naturally attracted to others, either by consciously or unconsciously. She doesn’t expect to understand Travis like that, but just enough to be able to be a better friend. “Something like that, but only if you want. After dinner sounds like a great idea to let things out.” Trying not to make things gloomier, it would be best if they leave the deep feelings alone for a while.

He seemed that he wasn’t even sure if he should search for the questions. “Maybe one day, I can always go with you, if you need extra help.” It was probably a long path that he should walk alone, but it didn’t mean he couldn’t rest with friends to recharge. She leaned her head on his arm as her hand continued to try and comfort him. “Don’t worry, I don’t plan on letting my lungs run out of air, at least not in the near future.” If he meant that she should die, she clearly wasn’t planning on it, she planned on continuing to annoy him for more than a decade if he wouldn’t mind.

She retracted her head and hand from his arm and back, respectively and looked at him. “I have a good feeling about it. You’re not stupid, you have skill and you work hard, I’m sure you’ll be great at it.” she probably shouldn’t be placing such confidence in someone, but she was, and she was pretty sure that Travis was going to make it. “You’re the one that should be proud of yourself, but I’m already proud.” Mostly because he was able to open up to her, she wasn’t sure if it was helping him heal, but there seemed to be a lot of negative feelings accumulated, feelings that he needed to express, her on the other hand, was a hypocrite, unable to do the same, even if their cases were very different.

Olivia watched Travis as he spoke, a smile formed on her lips. “If people get to close, they get burn, you know I don’t want that.” One of Liv’s greatest fears is to lose control over herself, which was probably the same fear most people held but to have someone saying they’d try to get her out of it scared her even more, not out of fear of getting closer, but the fear of losing someone dear to her, because, he was right, they do make a pretty good team. “We do.”

She watched him with a smile on her lips as he spoke. He was right, he hadn’t cooked for anyone but themselves that night, but to think she was his concern and focus was perhaps a bit different, but only made her smile grow wider. She was going to speak but simply decided to enjoy the moment while she thought of him as she always did, despite him thinking otherwise.

Olivia wasn’t a great cook, she managed, in other words, if she was ever left alone, she wouldn’t starve, besides, she could always order food. She watched his actions and how he revealed the scars, she tried her best not just to get up of her seat to inspect the wounds, but she would have other times to do so. “I mean, your skin, stretches…you should tend to it…not just the wounds.” She spoke softly reaching out her hand in his direction. “You should avoid school after the transformations but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t care for yourself, you should have someone look at the wounds, magical or not it doesn’t matter. If you want, I can stop by.”

Something she couldn’t assist him with, but she could certainly try to help him with everything else. “I can’t help you with that, but I can try and help with everything else, and I can at least be here for you.” She looked at him with a gentle smile.

"Haha, so which is it? Do you want me to. . . Promise it or keep saying what I've been saying?" Travis teased the woman slightly, the palm of his head swept across the side of her waist to offer a playful squeeze. He understood the innate desire to help and keep people from getting in harms way within the woman, it wasn't necessarily viable either to expect that nothing would happen. In consideration to the various things that could lead down a path to pain or worse, he'd been more than certain that his future choices would only have that in store no matter what kind of oath or hope he tried to instill for her to not be as worried as she seemed to be. 

He nodded a few times then his lips parted to speak. "Since I want to learn more about you, to understand you, I think it's a pretty fair agreement." While he didn't mind delving into that kind of a pool and mostly because this had been a far easier point in a month to pull far more bold and honest answers from his lips, part of him felt that it shouldn't be something taken for granted as a chance. Not only did they have a bit more time but they had been in a place that could be considered a safe haven away from ears and prying eyes. "You can even cuddle up to me." Since it had been part of the reason he invited the woman over it would've been a shame not to get as much of it if she hadn't been against it. 

Shifting his gaze towards her as she leaned her head on his arm, a smile stretched over his lips and his arms reached out for a moment to wrap around her waist to pull her closer - securely. "That's a hole that would be a drop, you know. Certain questions, prodded enough, would only serve to pull me more down the road you don't want me down." What if there had been some larger picture that led to more than just one individual? A thought that had been pushed into his mind by Meadow's own fear on if he had decided to go through with the pull of revenge. "That's good, I would hate to have to try and find a way to claw you back to your body and give you a stern talking to." The side of his cheek pressed against her forehead as she leaned against him. "I enjoy having you around."

As he felt the motion of her body starting to shift, his hands gently fell away from her waist and turned his own sights to look towards her in return. "You have a lot of confidence in me, don't you? I'm not sure how you seeing me as not stupid should make me feel." This was when he started to grin at her. "I've been purposefully working just enough to be average. Having that kind of confidence ruins my plans a bit." He lifted up his hand to gently caress the side of her shoulder, it had been obvious to him she hadn't been talking about anything involving academical proof but rather her own personal opinion of him. "Proud of myself? I don't see why I should be as of yet." Had there been some kind of accomplish that he should've considered patting himself on the back for its beneficial conclusion? None that could come to mind. "Not really sure what you're proud of me for either." A weak laughter escaped from him as he rubbed the edge of his cheek thoughtfully. 

"That's how you end up like me, Liv." A person who keeps people away, even the closest people to him. All in the sake of keeping them safe, the thought that a mortal death couldn't possibly be lesser to anything else. "Being unable to be there for someone, regardless of the danger, can be soul shattering. An emotional or mental wound can be far more wounding and grievous to a person, the wound of the soul, than any scarring physical one." His head tilted towards the side, eyes locked on to hers with his own smile growing. "That and being a friend means that you know that something could always happen but that you choose the option of that person in your life regardless." Then he lowered his gaze for a moment before lifting it back up to look onto her once more. "And being a team means accepting those risks even more and letting one another in." As he picked up the fork he started to poke at the chicken and pasta that smothered it, remembering the amount of pain that had been kicked up from years of holding back. 

"I nearly walked out of my best friend's life because we weren't opened enough with one another, a lot of what we kept in had been so crucial to know. Things that would've made the very odd nature of our friendship far easier to understand and yet. . ." That had been when his face twitched in annoyance about his stupidity in keeping himself locked away from people that had been trustworthy enough to be closer. "If you're too worried about who you end up burning? You'll end up losing that which you cherish the most because of that caution. The true danger isn't being burned. . . It's the loss of someone tearing away because they wouldn't be fully apart of you as you were to them." Now he'd started to sound like someone whom had been through far more than his age indicated which caused his head to shake slightly. "All that to say, don't ignore too much of the bigger picture trying to focus on trying to protect people from pain. You'll just end up causing a far worse pain and absence when someone -should- be in your life is a twitch of harm far. . . far worse.

While he hadn't experienced it's full reach or effect, the mere thought of what it had almost evolved into with Meadow gave a brief taste to whet the appetite on what it'd feel like. He didn't like it, not one bit and to have to live with it indefinitely could only feel like a constant blackhole. 

Either way the conversation ended up taking a far more serious note than he ever intended for dinner. Not just with him towards her but like wise with her towards him when it came to the discussion of his skin. "Sometimes I do. I at least don't look like I'm crunching near the age of thirty from the constant changes." He stated as a way to mock himself in that regard, he probably looked closer to the age of twenty-two or twenty-three. Hardly better but at least he didn't look as if he experience much of life's trials, yet. "The wounds are nothing. They'll just turn into scars anyways and heal up fast enough. I'm not going to waste someone's time for something so minor. There's probably someone that could use that concern and care for me than me in that moment." He never saw the reason why those whom had been inclined to help others in his life flinched at the wounds that he wore, it didn't seem conceivable to even worry about it seriously. When it was a genuinely serious wound he could see the worry, to have a Werewolf injured to such a capacity meant that it was grievous to the typical Human. "But if you really want to see me that badly you can. Just know I won't be able to really hold-back. . . I'll end up licking you more and I can't say it would be a safe place either. And wouldn't regret the intention of it in that moment."

That had been his way of trying to warn her, there wouldn't be much he could to keep himself contained until the first two days had passed by. When the heightened levels of primal instinct and nature started to recede. "Heh, I didn't expect you to help me with that. It's a lot to ask of most people. Especially when I know their mental reasonings yet they can't possibly understand my own reasons." It wasn't that he lacked partners either,  though not something he wanted to bring up in another woman's presence. "You're already doing more than you need to for me too."

There was no way to win this conversation with Travis, either he promised her and eventually would break the promise, since it was one impossible to keep in his future line of work, or he would just continue to say whatever he was saying. “Just be careful.”  It was the only thing she could tell him to do. She would always be worried about him, knowing what could happen, and knowing the type of work he’d be doing, but one thing was certain she didn’t want to make him promise something it would be impossible to keep.

She wasn’t exactly an open book, which meant she understood how hard it could be to express certain feelings to someone, she just hopped it would be easy for her as well. She wasn’t that hard to understand, or so she thought. She hadn’t seen Travis as someone who would want to cuddle their friends, but she wasn’t against some warm contact, she tried not to give it away too often, not even to those who used to be closer, but she enjoyed it. “I don’t see why not.”

There were a time and place for everything, and that meant that Travis probably wasn’t ready to know, or maybe, it should always be kept a secret from him, sometimes things are too hard to let go and there’s always something trying to pull a person back into the destructive path they were on. “That probably means you’re not ready to know.” Her arm continued to soft rub his back as her head remained supported on him. “I like having you around too.” If she hadn’t, would she have done so many unconventional things? Probably minor activities, nothing like the one they had engaged earlier and clearly not the one they were doing now.

The question should be why wouldn’t she have some confidence in him? Perhaps Travis was just not used to such a thing, it didn’t quite matter, it wasn’t going to change her opinion of him. “I don’t know how it makes you feel either, but why would it ruin your plans? It’s not like I’m going to tell anyone, I’m not a teacher, I’m just a random school staff member.” She was nothing but the nurse, she wasn’t going to ruin his plans if he wanted to continue to be average. “There are many things, for insistence, you’re always trying to stay in control considering your situation, you’re scared of hurting others, containing your strength is not easy, I’ve seen a few who actually enjoy using their full strength regardless of who they are dealing with, and that’s just the surface of it.” it seemed that he didn’t think too much of himself, while sometimes it was good to keep a person grounded, it was also good to let them know everything good about them.

There was a difference, or at least she thought there was a difference between them, but she couldn’t ignore what he was saying, a simple thought of someone crossed her mind, the pain and suffering flooded Liv, she kept it together for the sake of the conversation, but her mind couldn’t stop replaying the past events and the explanation that was given to her, she was not only heartbroken and distraught, she was angry, but as she noticed him looking at her it was like the feelings went back into hiding. She picked her own fork to start eating.

Liv didn’t want to lose anyone, but now he was the one giving her the conversation. “I know what you mean, just … last time I got upset I almost burnt down an apartment, and my friend who tried to help you have no idea what I wanted to do…and she was the only innocent part in all of it.” Travis was probably the best person to understand how it works, whenever a person gets angry and can only see red. Travis was right about everything he was saying, losing someone because a person is too scared to get too close is probably one of the deepest wounds that could exist. She remained calm, it was best not to let the emotions flow, especially those that can cause a certain degree of damage.

It was best if they kept it simple. “You don’t look that old, but I mean it, you should have some self-care.” There were probably a few things he could apply to help him, maybe it will, maybe it won’t, she didn’t know how much it took to transform. His wounds were something that it was impossible to escape, either from him or from others. “They might heal fast enough, but they still need time to heal and some help never hurt anyone, but if you do get out of hand, I have a few tricks. If you think that’s going to keep me away, you’re wrong.”  She smiled at Travis, she understood what he was trying to tell her, it would be dangerous, but there were always ways, the only way she wouldn’t come as if he told her he didn’t want her there.

“What are your reasons? If you don’t mind telling me.” She stared at him as she continued to eat, she didn’t care about other people’s reasoning, she was concerned about him. “But it’s not everything I can or want to. Didn’t we just come to the conclusion that we’re friends? And I do plan on sticking around.” She gave him a soft smile. She meant it, unless he wanted her out of there she wasn’t going anywhere, and even if she did she would always remain in the sidelines trying to give some sort of support, it was a path he needed to travel, certain obstacles he needed to conquer them alone, but there were no rules about having some support.

"Now that I think is a reasonable compromise." He knew it'd been similar to him asking her to avoid mortal peril, sure, she'd been a nurse. But the kind of person she was, gentle and always willing to help people of all kinds. Those were the form of traits that led a person to places they didn't think would cost them their life or some of their blood in the process. As he stepped forward his hands reached out to touch hers, eyes locked in a tight stare into her own and then he smiled. "I promise I will be careful, Liv." Afterwards he rose her hands up to press gentle kisses on the edge of the knuckles before lowering them back down and releasing his grasp and gaze. 

Cuddling hadn't been abnormal to him, in fact, it'd been far more normal in practice as well. Those that had been able to be placed in a situation enough that they could lay down next to one another often found their way in doing such an act. What others served a means of stating a romantic notion, he merely saw as an act of affection and trust. Admittedly, the reason he had been far more opened to Liv being someone marked close enough did in part have to do with his attraction towards her; it didn't negate the trust he held in her. "I'll make sure to get us a pretty good blanket then.

His eyebrow raised up gently and his head shook. "I don't think even if I was or am 'ready' it'd halt the response. The question of 'Why' for the attack that transformed me will always have the response it will gain, there will be no taking it in a stride." It wasn't as if someone left him, that he'd just been forgotten or cast aside. He'd been attacked and suffered an irreplaceable and absent loss and had his life altered dramatically. Even the consoling rubbing that she offered couldn't quill the spark of irritation that rose in him at the sheer thought of it that it caused his teeth to clutch tightly into a grind. Though hearing her mention she liked having him around drew him back to the awareness of his surroundings. "That means you're going to be seeing a lot more of me." Was that such a bad thing? He did enjoy visiting her often, spending the personal time that they have had together so far. 

"Hardly random, Nurse Teagarden." Saying it sent a shiver or pleasure through his mind, did part of him. . . Like thinking of her as some kind of Nurse in that way? His head shook lightly, he couldn't think of such thoughts too long or he'd risk acting on them. "You're the only important staff member to me. All the others are temporary in my life, but you? You'll always be permanent." After his time in school ended he didn't expect to encounter any other staff member, that's what made her far beyond some random staff member. To him, even Alan, the Principle, was a 'Random staff member' in comparison. Someone that wouldn't stick in his mind or life enough to make a true wave. "Aren't you the resident flatterer. . ." Travis spoke softly, mostly because he'd been at a loss of words on how close of an inspection the woman had been giving him. It drove home that he wasn't the only one keeping attuned to the other while they were in one another's presence. "Hurting people isn't my schtick. Even on these days. . . When my nature is rabid it doesn't pull towards the idea of harming someone until the wolf has my mind."

"Liv. . ." Though she hid the emotion, the expression, he could 'hear it' in a matter of speaking. The brief signals of the body, the sudden rush of blood from whatever thought provoked the adrenaline of potential anger that seemed to try and quell itself before it would've erupted. This caused him to stand up slowly and walk over towards her, kneeling at her side while a hand caressed along her thigh, the other reached up to run the length of his fingers through the strands of her hair. "It's okay to be upset. Even if it causes those reactions, you don't need to hold it in. If you need to let it out? We can let it out I know a few good ways. . . And our friends? Usually are always innocent in those messes. But they're our friend because they can help us, even a bit, in those moments." Then his hand trailed slowly from her hair and rested on the side of her cheek. "I'll also always be by your side, you know. Don't worry about the fire, just know no matter what? I'm going to be here." He wanted to hammer into her mind, into that distance, that she wouldn't lose him to the anger. He understood anger, understood rage and the way it took shape in him. 

Rage in her, most likely, had been far more visual and extensively destructive to the environment around her. Even so, fires and the like can be put out. Objects, can be rebuilt, but the emotions of a person needed to be tended to in the moment and then consistently afterwards. "We can talk about what you wanted to do, Olivia. Our time together isn't just about me, don't think I haven't noticed either. It's about us. Learning and relying on one another as friends, as travelling companions." Slowly he started to stand up and made his way back towards the place he'd been sitting then proceeded to eat bit by bit. 

"I don't imagine much would keep you away, not that I would want you away. All of this is to make sure you stay, you know." Travis gave a playful grin though it turned slightly serious as he picked at the alfredo soaked pasta. "The time it takes for me versus the average man is vastly shorter. But I can see that even that bothers you. . ." His free hand rose and rubbed at his neck in thought. "If it makes you feel better then you can come by then." It had been more for her than himself in his mind, believing it would probably just end up nagging at her during the time after his transformation had ceased. 

"I'll keep that line in mind when I have to use it on you, Ms. Kettle." Travis added as a tease, they'd been similar in a lot of the ways that mattered in a friendship. The approach most likely different yet still not that far different. His gaze lowered for a moment as he started to eat a bit, chewing to allow for his mind to formulate a proper way to explain what it 'Meant' to him. "For me? It's. . . Far more nature than some ideal of love. While I do pick people I have a certain 'affinity' for, it's more so because they're suitable to being able to push my body to that pleasure point." There hadn't been a hint of shame in him, not even hesitation in his words as he spoke. "It's a normal Habit, for nearly every being and creature.  It feels good, I like it, and depending on the person? It's even better because I'm already attuned to them. I'm always careful and, honestly, I don't really choose a lot of people.

While a few were random people, more often than not, he found himself in bed with someone he knew and trusted which tended to heighten things to a unique degree. It gave the best of both worlds, the primal nature in him. "It's also a bit of a social aspect for me, mindset wise. Unless my emotions are too high that it doesn't matter which I've been. . . Trying to contain. Pretty difficult. . . But, for example, I'd much rather prefer someone like you - a person I have a social connection to, acknowledge as important and 'part of my pack' of sorts than some person whose only a fleeting moment. The different effects on my body would be vastly noticed.

They have reached a compromise, which it was fine doing so, she knew that if the situations were reversed, he would probably have the same reaction she did. She still couldn’t get upset at him, especially after he held and kissed her hands, now how could she possibly slap him for being reckless? She smiled at him when he mentioned the blanket, it sounded like a great plan, they would be warm and comfortable. Oliva was most likely making things worse, it should be a topic that should be dropped. There could be a time in the future where he doesn’t feel the way he does, it might seem impossible for how he was reacting and for a brief moment it seemed as if he was going to give in to his anger, but he calmed down.

That was some formal way to call her, if they were in school perhaps would have been something she would request to be called, but in their situation? He didn’t need to resort to such a formal way of addressing her. “I plan to be permanent, even with you in Egypt? I can even visit during a school break.” She hoped he’d write and with a little luck, she could visit him. “I know it isn’t, but the self-control you have is commendable.” Not everything was perfect, but it wasn’t easy having such self-control, he only lost it completely when the wolf was in control.

After she regained full control of the emotions, she was finally able to listen whatever Travis was saying, before that it would be nearly impossible reaching her. She looked at him and tried not to laugh. “I don’t want to burn your house down Travis, with you in it.” she understood she had to learn how to control these impulses of anger, and talking with someone would help alleviate the feeling, or at least it wouldn’t burn with such rage. She smiled at him as his hand trailed from her hair to her cheek. “I would like to try out, that way you know. Is it fireproof?” she tried to joke a little, even if there was nothing to joke about.

Did she really want to tell him what she wanted to do to her friend? She hardly thought it would be something to say at the dinner table, but the more time she spent with him the more her emotions came to the surface easily. “We decided we’d talk after dinner, sorry, things got slightly out of control.” She watched as he walked towards his seat. She picked her fork to slowly start eating, she shouldn’t get angry like that.

“You know, you don’t need to make anything, to make sure I stay.” It sounded as if he was scared of losing her, but depending on her, she wouldn’t leave him, at least wouldn’t leave without saying a word, she will not commit the same mistake twice. “Yes, it bothers me, it might scar but with proper care, they won’t hurt as much and will heal properly.” She was annoying whenever someone she cared for got hurt and she was determined to lend a hand, if he let her, and in a way,  it was for her, the thought that he’d be injured, regardless of being a werewolf or not wasn’t something she was fond of, especially on someone she cared.

Using her own line on her was just cheating, but there was no point in arguing about it. “I understand what you mean, it’s simple biology, but that affinity thing has me intrigued, it’s like having a friend with benefits sort of way?” It felt a bit strange at first mentioning the topic, but it was a perfectly normal activity for most species and there was nothing to be ashamed about.

She continued to eat before as he spoke. “What do you mean by emotions too high? Like your feelings…” she started to talk until the full length of his words hit her. Someone like her? What did he mean someone like her? Liv stared at him fork halfway to her mouth which was open in surprise still thinking about his words. She wasn’t expecting such statement, but if she tried to follow his line of reasoning perhaps, she would see the"e reason why it would be someone like her. He probably didn’t mean her but someone similar to her, a close friend. “So…a … hmm …  a close friend?”

She put the fork down and stared at Travis. “Sorry I was not expecting that the words ‘someone like you’ were going to leave your mouth.” While she knew how he felt about her, she was almost certain it had very little to do with what he was talking about, it was most likely because of how close they were as friends, and it seemed he considered her part of his pack, whatever it meant it was most likely something extremely important. “But it has to be someone who you care for, someone you’re connected with?”

How could he not show her a sense of affection? He couldn't be angry or upset at her insistence when she'd been thinking of his own wellbeing. Regardless of his personal view on things, another persons feelings that mattered to him couldn't be swept aside as inconsequential. To do so had been far more of a dishonor on top of being unable to wholeheartedly say that a person had been important to him. His lips lingered for a moment against her hands before he fully pried them away and made a reasonable distance, he couldn't let himself believe it was okay to just kiss her out of the blue in such a way. 

"Plan to be permanent, huh? I think I'd like that. A lot." As he spoke a smile curved at his lips while he stared fondly towards her. Even to the extent of visiting him Egypt? That hadn't been something he ever considered someone to do, yet here had been someone more than willing to make that effort to meet him instead of him meeting her. He wouldn't leave her in the dark, there were numerous ways to communicate and just up and ignoring people hadn't really been part of his style. "It isn't really through any unique will, I don't think. Like I said before, I just got lucky. Some people have the strain where they can't contain it, at all." While he still struggled he still had far more of his sense about him than some others he'd encountered, the Feral ones. 

A smirk turned on his lips and his shoulders shrugged lightly. "I think we could make it out in time you know! I'm not a slow person as you witnessed." Material things weren't important, as long as he could manage to get Liv or any other living creature in the blaze out it'd all turn out well.  His teeth clutched at his lower lip, one way he knew wasn't fireproof but he didn't expect her to be on board with that idea. There had been one, however, where it'd be inconsequential. "There are these things called, 'Rage Rooms' now. You get protective gear for your body, head, you know the things that could be damaged from shrapnel. Then you just go ballistic in this all concrete room with breakable objects." Bats, tossing, golf gloves, nearly anything that could do damage but couldn't ricochet off and kill a person had been viable weapons of the art of stress-relief. 

Travis' head shook lightly. "We agreed to it, I think, purely out of a sense of wanting it to be comfortable. But just because it came out now doesn't mean we can't discuss it after. No matter when it happens, when you need to talk about it, we'll talk about it. And vice verse." It couldn't be discounted that she wanted to assist him and trying to dodge her would be painting him as quite the hypocrite, after everything he just told her he wanted to try and change certain aspects like that about himself. 

"I like to show the people around me I do not take them for granted." Being a Werewolf in a society that despised, feared, and took away much of their right towards being a productive human being; Not giving the proper accolades to those that took the time, that accepted a risk far more than they realized in both status and health deserved to be acknowledged by him as best as he could provide. "It's a very good thing you never let me forget your medical background." He stated in a teased manner, eyes narrowed slightly in thought. "If it really means that much to you." It didn't matter to him one way or another for that particular situation about his condition.

"Sort of, yea. The intention isn't to get close to someone, it's to just well. . . Get off until the moment subsides." While there had been a few people he met and even engaged with that felt that way, there had always been a far higher chance feelings would be caught on their end from the act than on his own given the urges taking the front seat over the sense of ideals. "It works in my favor, sort of. Being a guy, young no less, people expect me to treat everything as a 'Benefits' by societal nature alone. Easier to conceal that it's actually the drive of my Werewolf nature." Rumors and gossip did bubble up, but wouldn't they have one way or another? 

"More urges than feelings, both pop to the surface. If too high. . .? Any woman would do, honestly. My mind won't comprehend the want of it to be with someone I'm 'imprinted' towards. Not my proudest moments, I admit. . ." There had been that small caveat but the secondary one had also been as much of a curve ball to him as anything else when it came to the nature based promiscuity. A small smile touched his lips. "Yea, someone like you. Someone close and connected, there is a bit of a checklist that makes someone more appealing. I guess, scientifically speaking? It isn't unlike the same way an animal might categorize a 'proper mate'. Minus the idea that my mind is looking at it in a way to procreate." That seemed the easiest way to define just how his 'preferences' were designed or at least organized. 

"In order from importance?: The Bond - how unique it is, friend, best friend - something more those kinds of considerations. Then it follows the route of if they're a close friend or just a friend, physically speaking, I don't have a preference in the usual 'social acceptances', my only concern ever being can they actually -handle- it." His face scrunched up slightly. "I can be as gentle as I am rough but as the moon starts to peak, the rough is more likely and near these times and afterwards it's near animalistic. . ." Those were often when women would leave him not even feeling the strength in their legs. "With you, You're important to me - someone that I consider a very close friend even in the short time known. Our bond is. . . Unique, one of trust and understanding, I perceive. And you're physically strong so chances are you're far more a fit than the typical person, able to get rough and playful. Sort of like chasing you just with -far- more intimacy.

The truth had been, Travis needed a woman that could get rough in the moment, that could test his Alpha male nature. Not to submit but to challenge, to find an equal. "Now, the very rare case of actual, legitimate romantic attraction? That does play a bit of a role too. It enhances all of those senses, the urges link to desires. Desires breed the heat that would end up being developed in a different way. Far different than if someone didn't have that initial attraction by affection or romance.

Olivia nodded, replying to him. She wasn’t just going to just get up and leave, she was always going to try to communicate with him, assuming she would always know where he was, but knowing him he would probably won’t keep her in the dark. She thought Travis didn’t give himself enough value, the way he spoke, as if everything he did could be done easily by others, while not completely wrong every person has its own battle to fight, his was no less important than everyone else’s, and it was an effort that should be recognizable and praised. Even if Travis didn’t think much if it, she was still proud of him.

Her main concern was still harming him or destroying something, while material things could be fixed sometimes, they held a sentimental value that a person wasn’t even aware until the moment. She turned to Travis, she thought his reaction was a bit unique. “You alright?” Whatever was crossing the young man’s mind was probably nothing and she was worrying too much about him, perhaps reading things that were there. She had heard of rage rooms but had never considered visiting one. “I have never tried one … I heard of them though.” She explained. She wasn’t completely sure if that was the best way to go, even if it seemed like a good thing to let go in a place like that.

Many have tried to make her talk about the events, and many have failed, Liv simply didn’t talk, she would prefer to keep it buried inside, perhaps that’s the reason why she gets angry easily, sometimes at things she shouldn’t. “You know … it’s something I never told anyone, so I suppose you’ll be the first.” She likes to keep most of her problems a secret, most people don’t understand, some who do usually try to discard the pain and only a few will worry, and Liv wouldn’t want people waste their time on her.

“I appreciate it and I am enjoying this time with you, just want you to know I don’t think that I hardly think you are capable of taking people for granted.” Perhaps she was wrong, but due to his nature, she didn’t believe he was capable of such a thing. He probably didn’t show it often to many people, it was a nice gesture and heart-warming. If he forgot her medical background it would lead to her not being able to help if he didn’t think of her as such and it did mean a lot to her that she could try and help him, the way he spoke he didn’t seem against it.

Didn’t seem like a hard process, at least externally to the feelings, it was a normal condition that most animals, including humans, engage on. The way he treated it seemed a wise choice, in her opinion it could draw attention away from him, by his own explanation, he was a young man, some young people engage in such activity, older ones too, do it wouldn’t be too hard to conceal that it was his werewolf self.

The explanation he gave her about emotions getting too high, made her stare at him for a little while. “It’s not like you can control it, it’s out of your hands.” It wasn’t like he could control his body, he had said so himself, his mind wouldn’t understand wanting it to be with someone he was closer to. She wasn’t too sure how to react to his words, should she be flattered? Upset? Surprisingly she felt none of those, she was a bit curious about the situation. She smiled at Travis as he continued to explain. Liv took a sip of her drink, the way he spoke and how he mentioned certain things reminded her of past events with someone she held dear. She missed it, she missed all of it, especially the touch from the Dhampir. She didn’t think she would be that important for Travis, even with the topic at hand he seemed to be as gentle as he could about it. “I never thought you saw me as such an important person for you.” While she wanted to help Travis, that situation was one she couldn’t assist him with, it was one of the paths he would need to walk alone.

The idea of romantic attraction in the whole subject was even more interesting, even if the mind couldn’t process, would the chemistry and heart? “So, aside from enhancing all the senses, does it give you a higher perception of the one you’re romantically attracted to?”

"Huh? Oh, yeah, it's . . . Nothing. Nothing important really." She didn't need to know every sordid thought that skipped across his mind. Did she really need to know that he'd been thinking about her in an inappropriate manner actively? Most likely not, there had been very few he could even count on his fingers that would enjoy such knowledge let alone be receptive to it. And really, only two or three came to mind. "I think we could try one or form our own. You know, search some stuff that had been tossed out on the side of the road, take it up and bring it to some place raised up with earth magic and enchant it to be super resilient. You could go nuts, smash, toss. . . Maaaaybe even catch stuff on fire. . .?" Travis had been hoping that part itself would entice the woman, the ability to burn something down without it being a major risk to another's property. "We'll even design just-in-case procedures. You know, for safety, we'll pick up a few protective gears somewhere and enchant them with water based spells to ward off fire better.

"The first huh. . .?" That was something he wished he could offer her, on some front. But he understood the self-imposed desire to dig things deep on the inside, to internalize and deal with them. While it may have been effective in a number of ways there had still been a few hiccups that differentiated from individual to individual. Some simply pushed away where as those like live. . . Pushed away and seethed, seethed with anger and pain. Perhaps he did himself though more so with revenge and hate. "Then I guess you can be the second person I tell some stuff to then. I would say the first but. . . It never feels right telling someone before I tell Meadow. She's my best friend and all." Almost as if he'd be backstabbing her by not saying certain things to her first, there would be obvious things she would never able to know 'first' but the things that he could control felt as if they should be dealt with in such a systematic way. 

"Hrm, well I guess this is where I can -actually- say, You're the first friend I've brought home so. . . That means a lot to me that you actually feel that way." Not even Meadow had been to his home yet of those that he felt connected towards, neither had Remi for that matter even though he'd been far more physical with the young woman it'd always been hanging out at her trailer. It felt weird. . . That Liv had ended up being the first that he thought to offer to make the visit. Albeit, it'd been at the heat of his mind being far more bold and blunt than thinking things through clearly. 

The outermost prong of the fork clanked against the ceramic plate. "A lot of what I do I have to scrutinize. Think ahead, what would most people expect of me. Not just as an individual but other factors, you know, being a 'Red blooded male' in most societies." While flirting became a habit and somewhat of a talent it hadn't been the kind of thing he ever expected of himself to do. Yet, it had to go hand-in-hand with the heated nature that spiked in him. To give it far more leverage in the eyes of those that saw it, that judged it, if only to keep himself protected from the ostracization that came with the knowledge of what he was. "It gets pretty tiring but I can't let that guard down." Even in the presence of friends he needed to keep mindful of certain aspects, things that he may end up doing. 

"Maybe . . . A reasonable excuse if I had still be new to those parts of myself. But I'm not." Over the years there hadn't really been anyone 'consistent, sure there'd been the occasional sack rolling with Evelyn but it had been far more sporadic than his body needed if he was being honest. It hadn't escaped him to constantly go to Remi either, though the young woman was still only Human. Only so much pounding she'd be able to take until being sore and his problem consisted for days sometimes, never reaching full satisfaction. He hadn't meant to push the conversation towards the way it had started to barrel roll, the last thing that he expected the woman had wanted to hear would be his willingness to bend her over a table or well.  . .Anything that could support their weight and combined strength. "Ha, well, it wasn't like I had been looking to pull people into my life under the 'Important' part. I never look for it, just seems and seemed to happen. . .

Travis chuckled lightly, so far that he could consider the only one he'd been 'Romantically' attracted towards and pushed them onto their own bed in a heated animalistic takeover had been Remi. "In a very unique way. It feels like my senses open up even more, I become far more attentive. Still the potential of gentle or rough but. . . It's different. Intimate? Focused." Now that he thought about it, He had treated Evelyn in a very similar fashion as their entanglement went on. "I become far more keen and aware of certain needs that seemed to lack, I don't know how. . . I can't even explain how I even know it. But it's the way the body responds, people try to keep their emotions in check but they forget their bodies tell far more too if someone had the ability to sense the different changes." His nature had turned into a hunter, as any true Apex predator his mind had ways to determine certain emotions, feelings, a sense of awareness without sensing their minds. 

"In that moment the Animal and Humanity seem to be far more in sync with one another, on the intention and desire. To ravage and to caress, like a Wolf with its favored mate. Though I haven't pursued anyone in a relationship beyond the physical even feeling that. With the whole 'Revenge' thing I didn't think it would be fair to be that closely bonded to someone, in name and in heart. What if I died? Or left without a word?" His eyes lowered, it had been a consideration in all of his connections where he considered maybe he wanted 'more' with someone, anyone that fit the proper criteria in his mind. "I couldn't do that, if everyone had just been friends and distant it was far easier. But when hearts are tied tighter the weight and crushing effects are not ripples but tsunamis. At least, that's how it seemed watching my Mother's first few years without my Father. Different scenario but still - I imagine the reaction would be far worse.

Someone didn't need to see it to understand the idea of simulating the various factors and feelings that could make a drastic life changing situation crash in a blaze. 

Making their own rage room? It wouldn’t be impossible, they would just need to make an extension charm in something, it should allow them to have their own rage room without too much issue, and she could successfully pull it off without being suspicious, but the earth magic also had some interesting properties, far more interesting than an extension charm and she could burn things without worrying about setting anything on fire. “That’s not a bad idea, I think I’d like that.” A place where she didn’t need to worry about hurting anyone seemed good, seemed even better if she could lash out without concern.

She wasn’t the type to go around explaining her problems, they were hers and hers alone, not that she didn’t trust her friends, but it was easier if they didn’t have to worry about her. “Yeah, I have never told anyone, everyone can somewhat see some of it, but not all of it I suppose…” while Liv was sure her aunt knew about it, or had an idea of it, Liv had never told her what truly went in her mind that moment. “You don’t need to worry about it, second, third, doesn’t really matter, does it?” as long as he trusted her enough to tell her certain things it didn’t matter her position, it was irrelevant.

She couldn’t say she wasn’t surprised, she wouldn’t have thought that Travis had never taken a friend home, even with his situation he seems to be a very social person, even if the trust wasn’t something easy for him. “I’m glad you think that way.” She was far happier than she should be.

Liv continued to eat as Travis spoke, to think someone had to go through certain things only because society saw them as unfitting, it wasn’t easy. “I would like to say you don’t need to worry too much around me if it helps you.” Probably wouldn’t. Liv had a feeling he wouldn’t let his guard down, no matter what.

“It doesn’t matter how long, some things are impossible to control, no matter how hard you try. It’s not about self-control.” Him not being able to control himself could be a not so good excuse for him since he’s been experiencing it for a while, but things weren’t that black and white. “Things aren’t as black and white. I don’t believe for a second that if you could have some control that you wouldn’t try to grab it.” Maybe it was a situation she should stick her nose in, but she didn’t think everything was as black and white as he seemed to put it. “Sometimes people walk into your life unexpectedly, not because you want to or look for it, but they do, and sometimes they become important people.” She was talking for herself when it came to him, she wasn’t expecting to get attached to Travis, and yet she did.

She honestly thought during those times it wouldn’t make much of a difference, sure the person was still the same, same brain, same chemical reactions, it wasn’t a reply she wasn’t expecting to listen. Liv smiled at him. “Maybe now you can consider it? Walking life alone is difficult, but it can be easier with those you love. Don’t close yourself to anyone.” It was also a piece of advice to herself, being closed to others and affections were only making her life more miserable and harder, if she could only let go. “But I can tell you the outcome of you leaving without a word is far more devastating than dying.” At least in her personal experience. The sadness and despair of not knowing were greater than knowing if someone was dead or alive. “The death of a loved one is always one of the hardest things to overcome, but from personal experience, not knowing is far worse, you wonder every single day how they are, and then you wonder, was it you that caused that person to leave? Or was something else?” she spoke as she stared at him, the words held nothing but the truth of her own feelings, while this time she still felt angry, she was more heartbroken, like a wave of destruction sending everything that was once build to the ground like they were made of paper.

“This is me being a hypocrite, but when I left I did it to try and keep everyone safe from my mental state, I do regret it not having anyone to lean on at the time, the only person I thought I had, just…took whatever it needed and left, no call, no note, no nothing, just the apartment keys on the entrance…” that person had returned, but it was too late to mend whatever it was broken, but it could perhaps be fixed.

"You seemed considered about burning people and their property down so. . . Intentional destruction seems to make sense." A gentle shrug flowed from his shoulders and he offered her a toothy grin to boot. "And the Earth room idea just seemed to make a bit of sense. With some high-end magic you could make it pretty resilient. That and it will be less likely to burn down if it's all stern rock." Though the objects placed inside most likely would, that would've been the intention. For the woman to unleash as much of her rage as she could in diminishing things that probably wouldn't have had a much better disposal method anyways. It was a win-win scenario in his eyes. "It's also good to let those urges unleash if only to not let them keep you chained.

Travis nodded in understanding, there were certain things that seemed to seep out. The problems and issues that she didn't deal with or maybe the proper assumption should've been couldn't deal with it. There needed to be a certain degree of confrontation against certain pains and issues and more often than not it took more than one brutal slobber knocker of emotions to get to the heart of the matter. Maybe that had just been Meadow and his own way of dealing with their personal issues that held them at odds. The situation had also been dramatically different in that regard too. "Then it might be time to finally let that lid open, especially if you have someone willing to listen. With no judgement." She hadn't judged him, in mutual respect and out of care he wouldn't and couldn't judge her. "Maybe it doesn't. You make a very excellent point." He had to remember, Olivia wasn't some kind of school and high school girl. She was a woman, an experienced, went through life and not some after school-com drama woman. The attachment he held towards the woman broadened his view on never to see things from what had usually been around him. 

A smile touched his lips, she seemed happy that he'd been open-minded enough to accept the good meaning of her words. His head then tilted to the side as the smile faltered slightly. "It wouldn't be a direct reflection of my trust in you, I don't want you to think that." His head then shook for a moment before he continued on. "Out in the open I would keep my guard up around anyone no matter who it was." While he hadn't been jaded enough to believe betrayal and a knife lurked around every corner, he'd been a self-preservationist and survival had always been preferred and paramount over being comfortable while exposed to much of the world's eyes and ears. 

"It may not be about self-control, but it is about knowing yourself enough to try and not place yourself in those situations. It isn't like I don't know the signs or signals, when they're about to boil." It was gradual but it wasn't sinisterly subtle. "And you're right, it isn't black or white but it is about not being stupid enough to put myself in that situation." A grunted growl rumbled within his throat, nothing with any strong indication as much as it had been an animalistic huff. "Though that is a point. . . There's no guarantee I wouldn't have chosen to act or respond in certain ways." Albeit far less like he'd been some mangy wolf seeking a mate while in heat. "Sometimes important, sometimes stick around like a barnacle on a whale." He teased her while he kept his gaze towards the plate of food in front of him. "But nothing that I regret, which is always the important thing." There hadn't been any person he met at Tallygarunga that filed under the 'regret' category and certainly not anyone that had managed to make his passed his 'walls'. 

He lifted up his eyes to stare towards her with a look of uncertainty, the fork in his hand at this point shuffled the food around on the plate in thought. "I don't know. . . Not the kind of thing I expected to get myself into in the first place. Never really entertained the idea for long before either." Regardless, he didn't seem himself as 'dating' material, not a person that someone would want to meet their parents in that fashion. "I guess if I come across someone that it seems possible I might actually consider it." Had there really been any viable candidates for him in that arena anyways? None that seemed to come to mind instantly, there were a few that were known crushes but he was sure those would end up going away like most crushes tend to. 

She started to speak, the tone of her voice triggered in his mind as a sign of pain yet dealt with personally. Or, rather, the effects that still seemed to linger and stick with her to the very day without means of being properly addressed or heard. There had been no interruption from him and in fact, he even started to place the fork down next to the plate to give Olivia the full draw of his attentiveness. "Liv. . . You're right. Knowing, knowing you could be hurt but fine because there's a conclusion. I couldn't fathom what it would be like to be left wondering for so long, no answer or word." The tip of his nail traced along the glossed maple wooden table for a moment. There hadn't been much he could say, things she's probably heard from people who may have known already. Those far more seasoned than himself in life, what could he truly and honestly contribute? "That's the kind of pain I want to avoid inflicting on someone. The one I hadn't considered or. . . No, it was the one I was trying to mentally avoid. Filling it with bad excuses on why no one should care. But pain in others isn't so simple, it's complex.

Just because he didn't believe people should become entangled with him for too long didn't mean that they felt or saw things that way. They saw a spectrum of view far different than his own, their eyes and minds capturing him in ways he didn't think or fathom people could have ever though about him in. "But I do plan on staying. In a matter of speaking, anyways." He offered her a small smile. While it wouldn't be him entirely physically, keeping in contact had been something they already agreed would happen. 

"You know, if I went about saying I was keeping people safe too I don't think you'd accept that as a good answer." That was when he winked gently. "And hopefully? I'm not too late to offer someone to lean on. Walking out of your life isn't even on my mind or on the list of things in my life to do." Then his hands rose up defensively quickly, as if he needed to clarify something. "Not that I expect to take the place of someone who clearly meant so much to you. I'm too unique for that anyways. I'm hoping for something a bit special of our own, granted, if you feel you can trust me with that kind of thing. I understand if not." She'd been through a lot, leaning on other hadn't been something offered to her and he saw that independence. 

That independence that he himself held yet it also bred a sense of loneliness in a person. "I can be certain of one thing, though. No one could ever leave because of you, Liv. You're too sweet, too amazing and thoughtful that it draws people to you. I don't mean those Veela gene's either. You have an opened atmosphere about you in general and that is something that will get people to stay.

Travis explained the idea of the Earth room and how it would work around them and how she could easily do what she wanted without harming anyone and it could somehow work for the both of them if needed. “You put some thought into this.” It seemed that he thought about it more than she did, or perhaps it was because he also could use it.

It was indeed time to stop hiding from the pain, it’s been more than four years and it was counterproductive to hang onto it, it was time to let go and learn from it, heal and let whatever happens to happen naturally. “I appreciate it.” she smiled at Travis. She knew he wasn’t going to judge, nor think anything less of it, which had been one of her main concerns about letting people know, being vulnerable, or letting others know it made her so, maybe even have others worry more about her, and she didn’t want to burden anyone with those problems. She looked at Travis with a smile, it didn’t matter what number she was on a list of people he wanted to tell things, what matter was that he trusted her enough to do so.

Trust was a rare thing to some, seemed to be so for Travis and she was going to cherish his trust. It was never going to be easy to let the guard down in public, at least in some crowded places. “You know, I mean for example at the Hospital Wing, you don’t have to be on guard all the time.” There were easy things she could do to lend a hand and allow him to relax a bit more, she wasn’t sure if he was going to take it, there was a chance he wasn’t, but if he did, she wanted him to know he could relax, even if it was only for a couple of minutes. “I know you probably won’t, but just thought you should know.”

“I suppose, but I think the most important thing is, do you like it? I don’t see anything wrong.” If Travis enjoyed everything he did, there was really no need for him to explain himself, not to her, not to anyone, he didn’t owe explanations to anyone, but if he didn’t like it, it was something completely different. She chuckled at his comment. “Are you calling me a barnacle? Because I will not move easily.” If he wanted her out of his life, he would have to tell her, she would always worry about him, Travis had been one of those people that found a way into her life and she wouldn’t want to lose him. Her smile grew when he announced he didn’t regret, that was good, regret can accompany a person for a long time, and it can be toxic.

She couldn’t say she never thought what he was thinking, their situations were and are completely different, but she had thought the same thing once before. “My aunt says there’s always someone, I believe her you know? You might not want something like that either.” Liv said jokingly, but it had been something her aunt had told her before, especially after May had left.

He understood what she meant. She was still heartbroken about the event, one could see it in her eyes, but it wasn’t as before, almost like explaining had lifted a bit of weight from it. “Pain shifts from person to person, there’s variables and degrees of affection towards someone. The closer you are or the more connected you feel the greater the pain, and it might not take a toll right away. It can be a destructive feeling for everyone.” She knows the pain she felt, but she also knows everything took something from May. If Travis had decided to go, Liv’s feelings wouldn’t be as strong as they were right now, she had formed a bond with him, they were friends and she saw him as an adult, while inside school her actions had to change, where they didn’t have to.

She smiled at Travis, she knew he wasn’t going to just leave now, even if he was in Egypt. “I know and I expect some letters too.” Her smile grew as she looked at him. She hoped he was able to achieve what he wanted, she had no doubt that he would be able to become a curse breaker, but sometimes things happen, she hoped nothing would happen that would prevent him from doing it.

“I don’t want you to take her place, Travis, I do wish for something unique, something just ours. You’re not a replacement, never will be.” No one could replace May, or replace what they had, but that wasn’t what Liv wanted, she didn’t want Travis to be a replacement, it was better creating something new, something unique and special. “But I do trust you, Travis, it’s almost impossible not to.” She put down the fork to look at him with a wide smile. “I used to date this Dhampir … as you know, one day she just left. There are more details to the story but, that’s the short version. No letter, no note, no nothing, even left her keys behind. I’ll give you the whole thing once we’re more comfortable.”

Olivia wasn’t expected to hear his compliment, it was sweet of him. She didn’t know what to say, or even if something should be said, but the way she looked at him smiling, should be a big indicator of how she felt about it.

"Thought, me? Nah. That would mean I'm underperforming at school." That had been when he winked at her with a sly motion. "Honestly, it seemed like a pretty good leap of an idea. I've considered various ways to try and 'contain' myself. For when I start travelling, personal accommodation kind of an idea. Earthen walls popped up a few times." Either way, each idea led to the far more obvious issue of marring his already disgustingly scarred skin. A shrug flowed from his shoulders slightly, "Obviously certain precautions will be needed to make sure you can breathe inside of it and don't cause a much larger blaze than intended. But I think it's a plan in progress."

He smiled towards her and his head shook lightly. "I've been told a proper friendship is defined by the ability to be able to listen when the moment is needed." She listened to him and, what he considered, to be problems she didn't need to carry on her own shoulders. His ears were opened to her, to hear whatever she needed to get off of her mind on what had been eating at her for so many years and still permeated certain aspects of her life, no less. It had been difficult to see that it hadn't, given his own situation of issues that effected the way that he interacted with people to the extent that it had started to define the kind of relationships he'd been developing. While solid, many of them, had been quite distant which perhaps hadn't been the best way to live for a person whom had been considered a monster in the larger eyes of society. 

"As fine of an idea that is. . . I think the Hospital Wing would be a pretty bad place still. You can't really turn people away when they get injured and in a school of magic? That probably is a high rate of happening." There had been more than just the outside world, there had still been students, teacher's that he'd yet to actively have. Staff members that wouldn't have access to his records simply because they didn't really need to know the details of his academical focuses and things to look out for. "All it takes is a single person to spark a wildfire. And word of mouth with rumors even if they're fact get around far faster." Then he took a deep breath and looked the woman in her eyes. "But my guard is down, here, with you. So, there is that, right?" They were in a relatively secured place, granted, hidden away from the sight of easily prying eyes. However, he didn't need to reveal himself in some form of public environment, distance in that specific manner had been far more preferred. 

"That fact I like it is what my nature plays on worse. It's somewhat like how a gamble enjoys to bet, but something inside them, something they can't fully explain beckons them to bet more. Higher, riskier. That roar that something is playing havoc with that desire." Perhaps a far different kind of thing in general but it seemed an apt relation given the addictive haze that could often form from both activities. A smirk touched his lips slightly. "Ah, you're right, my apologies. . ." He spoke in a mimicked Yorkshire accent. "I meant like a song that won't just leave from your head." Then started to chuckle in amusement as his head shook once more. "I don't plan on you moving easily. Besides, if I wanted to move you? I'd just pick you up myself. Though chances are I'd just place you next to me. I'm very bad at pushing people away apparently." Case in point, the woman had been sitting in his kitchen after all of his intent to dissuade her from even bothering with him. 

"Oho, Another wolf joke, A Lone Wolf, huh?" As much as he knew she wasn't trying to aim it that way, it couldn't be helped at times as he made the prodding joke. "But maybe. . . Don't know if I would want it or not. I guess it would take a few times to actually know for certain. Even then, it might only need to start once and bloom from there." He certainly wasn't versed in much of the heart when it came to romance which showed on his face with the befuddlement. "Probably not something you can plan either, just stuff that. . . . Happens?" It most likely wasn't too far different from general attraction, spontaneous, nonsensical yet there and apparent. 

The edge of his elbows rested against the side of the table, leaning against it in thought to the words spoken by the woman. His teeth catch some of the skin within his cheek to prod at it gently, avoiding ever actively chewing on it to avoid any form of scarring. "Makes sense. . . There's probably that hope that it isn't true or that they'd just suddenly show up before it feels like it's far too late." A soft sigh exhausted from him and his eyes closed. "It isn't some kind of arithmancy problem that could be defined or solved simply by following steps." People weren't computers, they were individuals that had been a wave of existential chaos and unpredictability even with the order of nature and habit in the mix. 

"Expecting letters too? Want to keep track of my penmanship?" He smiled widely then nodded fluidly towards her. "Don't worry, you'll get tons of letters and pictures. Just remember we still need to visit one another too. None of that, 'I forgot' stuff either.

Travis had been caught off guard, she trusted him? It had been hard -not- to? Those were words that were foreign to him, that someone could so easily find him as a trustworthy individual. He was certain now, more than ever, that Liv had been an odd swan. "Dhampir. . . Right, you did say someone fed off of you often." That had explained it, the person wasn't just some friend she'd been taking care of and it'd been something he expected since hearing that tidbit about her encounter with a Dhampir before. It was someone far closer, an ex-lover. Maybe lover had been far too casual, the way she held the pain chimed in his mind to mean far more than that. "If you want we can go get comfortable now." She'd been at the threshold, that moment of stepping through the door to finally speaking about what she'd been trying to hold back.

To him, it seemed like a bad idea to hold it off as it held the price of her potentially reconsidering ever telling anyone. Better to accommodate a rare moment, an eclipse in emotions that needed to be properly observed. 

She smiled at Travis. She understood the danger of someone like him traveling, he had to take certain precautions so he wouldn’t hurt others, or himself. That thought alone made her forget about a place for her to let out her rage and focus on him instead, maybe a bit of brainstorming would help him, but wasn’t something she was about to bring up, not yet.

He was correct about friendship, the ability to listen to someone, it was also the ability to speak without the fear of being judged. She didn’t have a problem listening to him, whenever he needed, she would be available to listen to whatever is troubling him and she hoped he could see it. Travis hadn’t been someone that she would expect to enjoy being around, but it surprised her and liked spending time with him, maybe he didn’t see it, but she did.

“It’s just, I can slightly control the Hospital Wing, people won’t listen to us, just want you to know that, if you need someone to talk with, desperately, just show up and I’ll make sure we won’t be bothered.” Casting a spell to prevent people from listening to them was an easy thing to do, she understood the need for a more private place, it would be better, but as a last resort there were measures, they could take. She also understood the need for secrecy, especially in his situation. “I just want you to have more options, but wherever you feel comfortable, I’m happy to meet you there whenever you need it.” wherever the place he felt comfortable was, Liv was willing to make the trip and meet with him, it was just a matter of giving him more options.

She could somehow relate, not like him, but in different aspects. She looked at him with an amused expression. “I enjoy the thought of being a song, not so much of being a barnacle, but I can live with both.” She said jokingly as she let out a chuckle. Her smile got wider, she didn’t plan on leaving Travis but was pleased that he would place her next to him. She didn’t wish to be glued to him all the time, nor did she want him to be glued to her, but it was nice to know someone wouldn’t mind a nagging companion by their side, especially one with unsolicited advice.

It wasn’t her intention to make a wolf joke, but he didn’t seem to mind too much about it. She saw this matter pretty much like friendship. “Well, in my experience, it just happens. Pretty much like friendship, some people enter your life and sometimes there’s this connection with someone that you can’t explain with words, you just feel it. It can happen as quickly, or it can take time to develop.” Liv herself wasn’t an expert on love or relationships, the only one she had crashed and burned in and not so spectacular fire show. “I think, whenever you feel it, if you’re receptive to it, you’ll know that tingling sensation in your stomach. I’d describe it as something you are excited and scared at the same time whenever you look at someone.” Her own explanation wasn’t the best, but it gave him a perspective from her point of view.

People weren’t easy, some were relatively easy to fire out, but others were harder, the same was with feelings and their emotions. There wasn’t an exact path to follow, people were different, they grieved differently, and they reacted differently to situations, some would remain angry for years, others would eventually accept, but it was still an unknown variable.

Olivia laughed. “I will visit you whenever I can but it’s a promise, I won’t forget you or visiting you, there will be a ‘no time’ excuse, I will make time.” She wasn’t the best person to keep track of her friends, but she was going to keep that promise to Travis.

“Yeah, her name was May, she was my friend and…things just…happened and she was always on animal blood so, a few times she would feed off of me.” It wasn’t something that she was used to talking about, she always kept to herself about it. She looked up at Travis, they needed to clean up before they could get comfortable, or so she thought. “Shouldn’t we clean up?” she wasn’t planning on avoiding it now, she had opened a door and she felt as if she had crossed most of it, going back would be like giving up.