Cbox
Guest enabled! No advertising, and be nice! Not much happening here? Check out our Discord!
Welcome to Tallygarunga, an original roleplay set in the Harry Potter universe. Set in present-day Australia, tensions are high between the Ministry of Magic and the only Ministry-run wizarding school in the country. Become like the other snooty private schools? Not a chance.

Originally established in August 2006, Tallygarunga prides itself on an inclusive and active community. Once part of the Tally family, always part of the Tally family. Whether you're here for the first time, the thousandth time, or returning after a long time---welcome home.
Staff
Sadrienne
Founder
LilyCat
Admin
Kaitore
Sturt
Flinders
Spencer
Bourke
Tallygarunga
a non-canon au potterverse roleplay
September, 2019 :: Spring

Bourke ☆ Seventh Year ✩ Kaitore
17 year old Halfblood Werewolf ☆ HE/HIM

He wasn't sure where to go with her comment, the root of the confusion and yet. . . No desire to fight against it formed in him. "Sounds like we have the perfect excuse to cuddle up then, makes it more of an adventure that way." A smile stretched over his face. The idea had been appealing, the smell she held was a good enough reason but part of him enjoyed the softness that she held to it. Wanting to see what it would be like in that manner, just travelling. The potion had been a risky then, a disgusting thing at that, he understood the need for a Master Potionsmaker due to the poison that had been added into it. "So is having me chase you while transformed, but I find that we're doing a lot of original ideas here.

"You have a point there. . . Just save them up though. It requires a full seven day use and that's usually a potion a day." At least if he didn't take it, another student that would need it and kept themselves on the downlow could make use of it. All he needed, from Liv, had been what she'd given - companionship. Even with the intense confusion that still settled within his mind. "You're pretty much telling me make connections and keep an open mind, huh? Fine, fine. I'll do it." It seemed part of the fun of travelling had been connecting to other people. "Hah, the full experience for us? Working to put cash in our pockets? I don't think I'd mind it too much with the right woman at my side." This had been one of the few times he hadn't considered just how flirtatious his words had been. 

The touch of her hand, the closeness of her body. . . It was a unique kind of calming warmth that somehow kept some of his bestial nature at bay. Maybe. . . This wouldn't be so bad, using confusing to keep it constrained and off-balanced regardless of the effect that it may have on him. He wanted to stay, with her, just a bit longer - maybe that sounded odd? Romantic? He wasn't sure at this point anymore on much of anything when it came to the two of them. "Yea. . . It sucks that I have to go through it. Maybe one day they'll make expansive clothes that can resist and then snap back into place." A soft snicker bubbled up form him. 

As he fully stood up his teeth bit at his lower lip for a moment. "I do just not during these times, or I try not to. . ." Why had this one idea been running through his mind, that he didn't want to end the night so easily with her but knew it'd been in his best interest to do so. "If you want you can always have a bit of a sleep over at my place. I think Odessa is out, she likes to pick up Tomcats every so often. And Ma, well, she's on the campaign trail a bit in different places to drum up awareness. So, it's really just me there for the most part." The metaphorical 'head' in his mind shook, no, she wouldn't agree to that would she? It sounded sketchy even by his own standards, the irony being, he didn't want to do that kind of a thing - not when he wasn't clear or certain on the path of things within himself. 

Tally Staff ☆ School NurseTecri
25 year old Halfbreed Veela ☆ She/Her/Hers

Liv smiled in his direction, she wasn’t too sure how their little adventure would end but she was sure it was going to be fun, he would probably need to prepare more than most people would, due to his condition, but otherwise shouldn’t be a bad experience for him and she would just love to go through that again. She wasn’t sure if their game of tag with him transformed would be an original idea but would be something new. He didn’t seem to be against her storing the plant for him in case he needed it. Traveling wasn’t cheap, it was always better to save as much money as one could, traveling around locations doing different things was one day, they could meet new people and learn new things, even if at first seemed unpleasant, it was amusing and fun to do so. “It’s not that hard, you learn a lot of thing from everyone, maybe even some tricks.” She nudged his arm lightly in a playful manner.

Having to buy clothes all the time didn’t seem to be a very economic thing, but perhaps if he learned how to mend them it could be easier, depending on the state of the clothes, completely shredded pieces would be nearly impossible to mend, except if someone was a really good seamstress and very good at minor mending. “I don’t know how badly ripped they get after transformation or I’d suggest a mending spell. But opening a shop? You got an eye for business.”

Staying at the dormitories could be dangerous during occasions like this, not just for him but for the school in general, perhaps it was for the best if he went home, but his proposal seemed a bit odd, but having no one to be with him during that moment was probably the reason why he reached out, in his situation she wouldn’t want to be alone either. “So, you’re alone?” she was concerned about him, now even more, for what she knew it was a violent experience and to be alone before it didn’t seem like a good idea, at least in her opinion. “If that’s the case I won’t leave you alone.” It didn’t sound sketchy to her, it simply sounded like someone reaching out, asking for help.

There would be a lot of preparations he needed to make, for starters, he needed to make sure he had some kind of animal that could take flight and deliver letters to the nearest magical post office for transportation. At the very least to make sure certain people wouldn't be stuck in the pits of worry, hopefully he wouldn't forget to write to them or update them on certain things. Quillbook did exist for those form of purposes, after all. His transformations would be another matter all together and perhaps the greatest stress of everything, it could single handedly throw off any potential plans they scheduled, which wouldn't be bad ordinarily. . . However, Liv was still a school Nurse, Travis had to keep in mind that meant she would have to head back the moment the school year kicked off again. 

A smile touched his face as she nudged him. "You're on fire with the canine jokes!" He gently nudged her back with the palm of his hand, feeling the softness of her flesh against the clothing she wore on her arm. "Maybe it will help out a bit. I mean, Egypt will probably be our first stop for a bit at least for me. You'll end up leaving little ol' me behind for some time." If that had been the choice they made due to him winning, then it meant he wouldn't be pushing back the original plans he held for himself. It did, however, mean that he wouldn't be leaving back to Australia with Liv during that time when it would end. "Don't worry, I'll visit back super often. Even pop in when you least expect it.

"Hehe, not the kind of shop I would be opening up if I did." His head tilted for a moment as he nodded. "Sometimes it's bad, it rips in splits, like forcibly tearing and stretching. I would need to not only knit it together but cut pieces out to somehow fit again. If they don't rip entirely off then. . . The nails start to rend them off violently." He laughed softly, almost mockingly at himself. "Though by that point I'm sure I'm pretty much already frustrated and start to cleave at my arms anyways." Then shrugged casually, while it hadn't been the most pleasant thing over time it became something that hadn't been a big deal to feel only to reveal. 

Blood also made trying to clean the articles of clothing far more difficult than they needed to be, in his opinion. 

Travis nodded easily, though being alone hadn't been much of a problem with him. He'd been used to it, naturally a loner in his mind anyways. Yet, it'd been the desire to be around her, to feel that soothing warmth that plunged him into the thought that seeking solace in another might help to quell the beast if their personality could invigorate that sense of 'Humanity' in him that tried to pull away from the dark chains. "Usually I am, Odessa tends to stroll up right before I leave to the facility. Either she likes an entrance or she's just being her usual cat-like self." It perhaps had been a bit of both. His eyes widened, had she actually agreed? While he'd hoped she would, part of him had hoped she wouldn't simply for the sake of not feeding that masochistic confusion that had been like a destructive drug in his mind. "I. . . Okay. . . Well, when we get there then we'll need to uhm. . . Talk about something. That and I have something there for you anyways.

The man could keep his mouth shut for a bit longer if she hadn't agreed to go, underestimating her friendly and good nature is what prompted the current situations worry to haze in his mind. If she planned to stay the night then he couldn't let it fester, not with her so close, not with the days that would shift. His mind needed a sense of clarity and focus to hang onto on the truth of her actions and intentions as much as she needed to know where far more to help with them understanding one another. 

It wasn’t her intention to make canine jokes, she didn’t even consider them a joke until Travis mentioned it, but it was all in good nature as he didn’t seem to mind them too much and even found her unintentional jokes funny, or as funny as they could be. He was right, she would have to return at the beginning of the new school year, and she would have to leave him behind, at least for a while. He said he’d visit, which she wasn’t too sure about, she thought the same when she left, and that didn’t happen, not even once, the only time she wrote was to Diana, and she was in Israel. “I won’t forget, if you take too long to show up, I might think you got kidnaped and you must write too.” Depending on the situation she could get worried, but she probably shouldn’t, Travis seemed like he could take care of himself.

“I’m just messing with you.” She knew he didn’t want an expansive clothed shop, he was interested in curses and how to break them, which in her opinion sounded a lot easier. He was better getting new clothes unless he wanted to learn how to fix every piece of clothing he had, and it was a boring process, in her honest opinion. She smiled at him when he laughed at his own situation, but the fact that he would hurt himself was a piece of information hard to process, even if he did heal fast it still wasn’t something pleasant to hear. Over time and despite both their positions, Liv saw Travis as a friend, and she didn’t like it when people she cared for got hurt, even if in his situation it was inevitable.

She smiled in his direction, while she didn’t think he should be alone, she already knew how he felt even around people, it wasn’t a reason to have someone with him, keep him distracted from the upcoming change. His reaction was one of surprise for her, why did he ask her if he thought she wasn’t going to accept? She still saw it as before, someone who could use some help in a time of need, she wouldn’t turn her back on him. “Okay, talk about what?” she asked curious about what he was trying to say, maybe he wanted to joke that he didn’t want her to burn his house down? But it seemed a lot more serious than that. “You know I’m all ears Travis.” She tried to reassure him that she didn’t have a problem listening to whatever problem he had and that she would try to help him.

“But I hope it’s not a problem” she didn’t want to cause him any problems at home, she was a stranger to everyone except to him.

He'd simply been trying to poke fun at himself through her own words, whether she actually had been making the joke or not he didn't know. But one thing he found helped him had been to draw a sense of humor towards his grim situation. Most days he spent in a dour emotion and expression, mostly the times he'd been alone and left to think and seether. The times he'd been out and around people? Those were the times to take pot-shots at himself simply for the sake of taking himself less serious in every moment. "Hey. . ." His hand reached out to touch hers gently, the thumb of his finger rubbed slowly along the top of her hand. "I make that my promise. I'll show up and write. I'll even make sure to double the efforts the week of the Full moon." His chestnut colored eyes looked into hers to try and establish that sense of trust and loyalty, he had planned to make every effort that was reasonable. 

It would help as well that he knew a few people wouldn't forgive him so easily if he had been laxed in keeping them up to date with him being so far away. Least of all Meadow, not after all the difficulties they'd encountered this year and it hadn't even been over yet. 

"Oh, I see, poking fun at me. I'll give you that one as a win." His head cocked to the side for a moment as he winked towards her. Sometimes he didn't hear how the dismissiveness of his injuries had sounded to people. Least of all to healer's, it'd been a long while since he needed the true assistance and focus of a dedicated healer, at least not since the night he'd been changed into a Werewolf. Though she smiled towards him he couldn't find the motivation to smile back, something about it seemed. . . Off? As if she'd been smiling as a means to try not to focus too much on what he might've just said. Maybe something he would need to apologize about being so frivolous about it in the way he spoke. 

She wanted to talk here? Now? He huffed lightly, the tips of his fingers ran through his hair for a moment. Hopefully she wouldn't be all push hearing the words that would flow from his mouth and he couldn't guarantee any of it would even sound remotely tactful. One moment he'd have control and the next it's bold and blunt city with his words. "It's not a problem. I. . . Don't think it's a problem anyways?" That would be up to her to decide, though the only way he could really get out what he needed to say had been to limit the chances of her touching him, hugging him, or else it'd all shoot right out his head. Probably both of them at the same time. 

That had been when Travis decided to take a few steps back and began to pace, yes, pacing would have to do to keep his mind going, the words to just flow without thinking and hope it wouldn't cause him to lose someone. "Alright, so, my heads a bit fuzzy confused. . . The touching, it's really throwing me off. I think you mean one thing but you don't smell like you mean that, but the touching is just. . . For me like this - moon, crazed, all primal - intimate." He wish he could've said, 'Much like a puppy' but it hadn't been a friendly sort of intimacy to his mind, tacked on to the occasional unintentional flirtation that flooded from her. "Maybe that's also cause I like you? I mean attracted, that's why the whole. . . 'Come by the Nurses Wing' for my issue seemed like a bad idea. Because then. . . I'd just stare at you, you know? And you deserve better than that kind of focused attention.

A kind woman, someone that had been trying her best to facilitate towards many of issues which he'd been grateful towards. She didn't deserve the leering lust mixed with the hint of affection that would end up being suppressed by the beasts darker urges.

Travis stopped short, about faced and focused on her - it seemed the need to keep pacing had ended. "I don't mind the touching, really. Even with how I feel and the craziness, it's pretty comforting in its own way." He had also been a masochist in that regard but that had been a bit she perhaps shouldn't know. "But I just. . . Need to clear up, your. . . What I mean to ask is, your feelings? I guess? Yes." At this point he sounded as if he'd been talking to some other part of his mind, as if he were mentally unhinged yet fully mentally sound. "Sometimes it feels and sounds like you're flirting with me and other times it doesn't sound it.

Then his head started to shake and his hands rose up. "And this isn't me trying to clear things up to try and chase I just. . ." He wasn't sure how to explain it, how to make it come across. Did he like her? Absolutely, both as a person and someone that interested in a more closer manner. Travis had wanted to know her though, not chase her as if she'd been a bimbo. Another roll in the sack, he didn't expect anything to grow from it all. "I want to be able to understand you. . . That."

She was sure there wouldn’t be another incident, sure she’d be upset if he didn’t show or write, but at least she knew where he was, what she had done was far worse than that, she simply left, even if she had been saying that she needed to travel for months, no one took her seriously enough until she disappeared one day and came back a couple of years later, what prevented her from being killed was the copious amount of things she had brought and everyone wanted to hear stories. “And get me a souvenir too, even if it’s sand from a beach.” If he didn’t go missing for too long, she wouldn’t worry, too much at least, her idea of him hadn’t changed.

It wasn’t a very sweet victory, but she’d take it, she had won that round even if the joke wasn’t that good, it wasn’t even a joke. She knew that werewolves attacked themselves, but to hear it directly had another meaning. She knew he couldn’t stop, that was how things worked, which only made it worse in her opinion.

Olivia thought it was better for him to say what he needed, whatever it was seemed to be nagging him. “You don’t need to worry.” What he was going to say could easily surprise her or not, she had heard many things over the years, and it wasn’t always easy she always learned to look past them. The young man began pacing, perhaps for control or perhaps he was nervous. She listened to him, she had no idea touching him would have such a profound effect on him, she knew to touch brought comfort, the warmth of another. Would she be able to stop? Perhaps not, but now that he spoke, she will try to be more careful. In her own idea if he didn’t like her, they couldn’t be friends, which was what she was thinking, but to hear him try to avoid certain words made her self-conscious. Liv never really enjoyed too much attention, this case, however, was different. “I hadn’t thought how bad it would look and uncomfortable, but isn’t it better when it’s with someone that knows and won’t judge for it? It’s not comfortable but I wouldn’t go as far as blaming you or judging you.” And it wasn’t like it was the first time, at least Travis had the decency, to be honest, and to worry about it, how wrong it was, details she wasn’t going to tell him.

Her feelings? She had closed her heart a long time ago, perhaps in time it will heal, but seeing May for the first time in four years brought some painful memories back, but at least it was in the process of healing. “I like you, Travis, you’re a friend, a really good friend, but not like that, not yet anyway.” Or maybe not ever, she couldn't exclude anything, she didn’t know what the future held, but she had to give herself some of the blame, had she been unconsciously charming him? “I’m sorry for confusing you, but all my offers still stand, regardless of what you said.” Travis was her friend; a good friend and she couldn’t stop wondering if it had been her fault, she didn’t want him to blame himself over something he can’t control.

He was easy to like and easy to talk with, he was interesting. Everyone had their quirks, Travis was no exception, but she enjoyed most of them. “You want to understand me?” that was different, she was so busy trying to understand others that she didn’t know what it felt like having someone do the same for her. “I can’t promise anything, but I can do my best if you’re still up for it.” He deserved to know, she couldn’t continue to hide behind a painful memory, it was the first step, tell it to someone who probably didn’t understand, but wanted to.

One of the few things he had started to try and gear himself towards had been to keep 'connected' to people, more so to those that had seemed to be. . . Important? To him in some kind of standard. There had been a few that were perhaps questionable but he didn't think he'd get in any less trouble for not telling them or even keeping in contact. He also would need to pack up a few goods for Odessa, he couldn't just leave her here without him. "You have to get something better than sand on a beach. Maybe a picture of me on the beach with some sand." A toothy grin formed on his face before he let out a charming laughter. "I'll make sure it's something that you can wear, I hear they have amazing crafts there." Some kind of necklace or bracelet, he thought that would compliment her well, especially if it had been something neutral that complimented her ever changing hair color. 

Worry, he needed to worry or at least it seemed like he needed to worry for some reason. Maybe it'd been the confusion, it'd could equally have been the fact that he'd been trying to be far more careful with certain aspects of his actions and the way he perceived. Either way, it was something that nagged at him more than it would ordinarily, in any other situation, it wouldn't have been as much of a weight on him. Maybe it'd been that unique sweetness. . . He had never met someone that had been so gentle that he ended up feeling the way he did towards. "I. . . Well, yes. People judge me anyways that isn't much of a new thing but..." His gaze lowered for a moment as he tried to claw at the words in his mind, that's what he needed to flow from his lips and not just the confusion cesspool that lingered inside of him. "I don't want to make you uncomfortable either, that's. . .  Why." Maybe it'd been far better for him to try to force himself to go hunting more when those urges arrive or find someone that had been more than willing to alleviate them in a way that satisfied. 

As his head lowered, hands smoothed through the raven locks and grasped hold of them as a means to keep himself restrained and grounded mentally through physical cues. Breathing out a course of hair, keeping his mind cleared, head lifting up once more to listen in on her words. 'Not Yet', It didn't had any confusion and it didn't grant any 'Hope' he didn't even know if he wanted something 'More' just knew that he held a kind of attraction to the woman. "Alright. . . That's far less confusing, thanks. It's just trying to go by the usual social cues or human cues don't always line up with how my beast takes it." He sighed with a sense of relief, as if the weight on his shoulders had been lifted dramatically. "You don't need to apologize. It was more. . . Me than it was you. People usually have. . . Chemical reactions? There are just certain things about the way they smell that I can tend to tell a bit." His shoulders shrugged lightly. "And like I said I don't have a problem with the touching, you don't need to change or anything. Knowing what to expect with the crossed signals I give myself actually helps a lot more.

Admittedly, Travis wanted to feel her touch, to lay on her lap without that worry ever creeping into her mind. As long as he knew his human boundaries then his beast wouldn't try to take the situation and run with it, his will and desire to protect those he care for deeply had been one of the greatest walls he held up against his far more feral self and thoughts. 

"Well. . .Yea? Why did you think I invited you to go travelling with me?" While her knowledge and experience in the travel had been a viable reason to consider and hadn't been overlooked it'd always been under the personal belief that he wanted to gain a better understanding of the woman that had spent the short time investing in his own care, trying to understand him even if there'd been a sort of barrier on her end. "I am always up for it. You're there for me, here for me even though you were having fun yourself. I want to be there for you because I care too." He started to pace himself as the gap that had been widened shortened once more. "I don't ever need a promise, only thing that's ever needed, honestly? Is your comfortability and if you feel you're ready. I'm not in the business of forcing people."

“A picture of you in the sand? Only if you give it to me in a fancy frame.” She joked about it, but if it was the only thing, he could get her, she would have to live with the fact that he had gone to the beach and not get her some sand. She usually wore no jewelry, but it didn’t seem like a bad thing and she would wear whatever he got, if he brought something, she wasn’t expecting anything from him, except some new about how and where he was. “You don’t have to get anything, just let me know you’re alright and where you are, and I think I can live without the sand from a beach.”

He was awfully considerate; most people wouldn’t think twice about what she had said. She didn’t want him to feel bad for it, unlike so many people he was concerned about how that would make her feel, she was more concerned about him. She genuinely didn’t know how to react to his words, but they could at least come up with a solution for it. “Come on by next month, don’t worry about me Travis, and then I’ll help you figure something out if you still don’t want to come by.” She had no idea what the solution would be, but if they both think of something it could work.

She wasn’t expecting to hear what he had told her, but it didn’t seem that things changed and for that she was grateful. She didn’t want something like that to feel like it could stain the growing friendship, but she did have to apologize, her inability to notice how certain things sounded might have contributed for it. “You don’t need to worry about it, Travis. Nothing will change.” She approached him, a gentle smile grew on her lips as she looked at him and her hand touched his arm and gave it a soft and gentle squeeze to reassure him.

Olivia looked at him surprised, that was certainly something she didn’t experience often. “I really…just thought you wanted some company.” She didn’t think much of it when he had asked her, simply someone to keep him company, and her slight knowledge about traveling. She looked at him as her smile grew wider. Was she comfortable around Travis? Yes, but she wasn’t used to talking about her problems, they were irrelevant, she didn’t want him to worry, she could always take care of them later. “It’s not that I’m not comfortable, just I don’t want you to worry about it.” She got a bit closer to nudge him on the arm with her elbow, before giving him a tight hug, which only lasted a brief moment, but it showed that she meant what she had said, nothing was going to change.

Perhaps they should start going, not that she minded staying there a while longer, but he still needed things to do.

"I only do fancy frames. It will be nicely trimmed, not the gaudy ones either." He responded in jest. While he knew he didn't need to get people anything there'd been something about getting something for people that they would cherish. A gift from a far away land, experiencing the different stories or reminding them of the person when they're too far away to meet with on an occasional basis. "How about while we're there, we will check out a few things that pique your interest. I mean, if you really want the sand I can bottle it up in a nice container too." It'd been clear that the stories and tales of journey's had been somewhat of an intrigue for the woman and while he had planned to offer that regardless he did also want to offer tangible memories and connection. 

'Don't worry about me', something told him if he said that line it wouldn't have flew with the older woman at all. In the same way it just didn't register to him, how could he not worry? It had been the equivalent of someone opening up their home to him and in response he showed ungenerosity and disrespect. Yet, she'd still been willing to endure it even if it hadn't made her comfortable in knowing what awaited in his mind. "Of course I'd worry about you. . ." He mumbled lightly, a sigh followed suit. "Okay, alright. We'll see how it goes next month if that urge pops up again." He could only hope the urge wouldn't emerge again or at the very least, the prior days satisfy it enough in some kind of activity. 

A smile touched his face, the moment her hand pressed against his arm and squeezed another shock of pleasure ran through his system. Now, however, he'd been mentally prepared, made himself away of the meaning of it that kept it from driving him down the path of confusion. His hand rose up, sliding gently along her arm to her hand that held against his arm, offering it a gentle squeeze of his own. "Good, I was. . . Afraid that if I actually said anything it would've changed things. Not that you could stop everything from changing just. . . Somethings you don't want to change because of the positive force it is in your life." He understood what it felt like when a positive force left, empty, anger. . . Change is what costed him and continued to cost him, it was apart of his daily life and one of the things he hated the most of it. 

"Company isn't a bad thing to have, I mean, it's a pretty good whip cream and cherry on top bit." Company had been wanted but the difference had been he didn't want just 'any company'. "If I only wanted company I could've asked a few friends. But I know them, maybe not as well as I should or could. . . And I plan to change that too." Travis felt he needed some semblance of 'Alone time' in the use of distance. Not to find himself but to hone himself, to better. "But I don't know you nearly as much as I want to. It seemed like a good idea to take that chance, to travel and see all the different things and see that part of you." Over the past few weeks he knew 'Nurse Liv', 'Explorer Liv' was someone that wouldn't be so easily known when at ones own home. As she nudged him, a smile grew and displayed affectionately. 

His arms wrapped around her, embracing her hug which gave him the brief moment to whisper in her ear. "I will always worry, about you. You're a good friend, someone I care about and am always concerned about." Slowly he started to withdraw from the hug, both of his hands rested on the edge of her arms. "What kind of friend would I be if I didn't care? If I didn't try to help or be there for you?" Travis smiled widely towards Olivia with a gentle yet gruffy sigh that exhausted. "I worry out of wanting to help."

She wasn’t going to argue with him about the photo, it wasn’t the content that mattered but the thought behind it, it was, cute and sweet. “Alright, we can see, but what if I still want that sand?” the whole souvenirs were irrelevant, she’d be more interested in knowing what he saw and his experiences. In a way an item could help someone recollect easily, maybe Travis was onto something and she couldn’t see it yet. Olivia didn’t want to be a burden to others, she could worry about herself and others, but she couldn’t stand the idea of someone being worried or bothered because of her, it wasn’t the sort of weight she wanted others to carry, she couldn’t protect everyone from everything, but she could at least not give them another thing to worry about. She smiled at him and her index finger touched his cheek softly after he agreed.

One couldn’t control emotions, she wasn’t going to abandon him over something like that unless it made it worse, even then she wouldn’t break a promise. “You don’t need to worry, I’m not planning on going anywhere so I won’t abandon you.” She had already left people behind once, even if she came back and she had her reasons, leaving without saying goodbye hurt a lot of people, she had done what someone had done to her before. She wasn’t going to do it again.

It was good to see some change, he seemed to have thought about what she had told him. Was he happier? She couldn’t tell, but he was more open, more trusting and she didn’t want to mess it up. But it was easier to know a person on a trip and it would be locked in a building, either working or studying, traveling was when people can finally let go, she was going to try not to disappoint. “There’s not much to know but going on a trip is the best way to know the person, you’ll see.” She thought she wasn’t much different, perhaps more cheerful.

He reciprocated the hug and when they pulled apart, and she smiled at him when his arms rested on her arms, was he using the same words she used on him? Brave boy. Only a few people had shown her the same sentiment, Travis was one of those people. “You’re a good man Travis, don’t let anyone tell you otherwise.” He was far too gentle and sweet than he initially led on, maybe to push people away, but he had been a box full of surprised, he kept surprising her. “You’re sweet and kind and I think you haven’t seen it yet.” She had almost certain that he didn’t think of him that way, but she had to try and get him to see himself how she saw him.

“We should get going Travis, it’s getting late.” she reached out her arms and her hands held his forearms.

"I see where you're going with this. . . And for you? A super special deal! You get a picture of me holding a jar of sand, with a very nice frame. Along with that jar of said for a deal of two souvenirs." Travis' lips curled into a crafty smile, head bobbing as if he were planning to sell the deal of a lifetime from some kind of market stall. His eyes closed gently, feeling the presence of her finger caress against his cheek and soft sigh expelled through his lips; slowly his eyes opened up once more as he stared at her. "I'll make sure the jar is something that shows the accents of Egypt's culture, that way I can share all the stories." Not that he expected there would be many stories for the jar itself, somethings a person never knows though and it could be something exciting and blood pumping. 

"Liv. . ." He chuckled silently, puff of air pushed through his nostrils as the only audible sound. "I should be saying that to you too." The more time he spent with certain people, the more he'd end up more unwilling to let the stain of revenge hold such a high control of him or rather found it far less appetizing than he once did. As if the thought caused the taste of bitter metal to touch and sour the tongue in its Non-flavored coating. "I'm not going to abandon you either, I'm here to stay. I'm planning on it." Not just for her but considering she'd been the one to send him down the careening path of reevaluation, he felt she needed to be one of the first people to hear him say it. 

Whether he had been happier or not, it was a question that couldn't be easily answered. Regardless, he saw the merit of not following one road as much as he saw the same in actually following it. No road could be claimed perfect but there were things that were quite obvious. One led down a path of blood, hate, and self-satisfaction regardless of the cost or the feeling that he'd feel after crossing such a line in that kind of way. The other. . . Far less bloody claws on his own will and whim, which perhaps had shown more of his willingness to avoid abusing the savagery of his inner wolf. As much as it safeguarded the connections he held with people ; Blood shed in hate rarely ever guarded the bonds of people. "There's always way more to know than we know. Never know, might surprise yourself as much as you'd surprise me.

An eyebrow perked upwards at the compliment placed upon him, words that internally he couldn't agree with. Good? He didn't see that in himself, no, he just saw someone looking out for the people important to himself. It wasn't as if he'd be concerned about someone unrelated to him or someone that wouldn't hold or sway on people that he cared about. Those people, by extension, held his concern if only due to the fact that those important to him would find it concerning enough to cause them a sense of personal troubles. "If you say so. . .? Can't say I view myself the same. Just someone standing guard for his people, that's all.

"You're right. . . It's going to get later." He did still need to pack. Standing there with her, this close, it was nice and fine but couldn't be kept up. His hands gently started to uncurl from her arms and lowered as he looped an arm around her shoulders and started to guide them towards the entryway of the Reserve to leave the area and head towards his home. "I'm going to have to feed you now after that workout, aren't I?" Travis added as a jest.

Liv laughed at the reaction he had. It didn’t really matter what he tried to get her, it wasn’t relevant to the bigger picture, but she couldn’t stop feeling slightly amused that he wanted to give her something other than the jar of sand. She was sure he could manage something to make the jar special, not that she required it, the act of giving it to her and telling her about his adventures would be enough for her to remember whenever she looked at the jar and saw the sand in it, every grain could hold a story, people just needed to tell it.

Did he just tell her that he wasn’t going to take revenge? That he decided not to do it? Or did he decide to take the smart path as she had suggested? Whatever he had decided seemed to be what kept him alive. “Does that mean what I think it means?” she looked at him as her smile grew. She had told him that she wasn’t going to try and stop him, it was his life, his choice, but if that meant what she thought it meant, then, he had found a reason not to do it, regardless of what it was, she was happy that Travis had thought about it. She understood that perhaps it wasn’t what he wanted, but perhaps was what he needed.

She considered traveling the ultimate way to know someone, especially if it’s a long journey, bonds get stronger, trust becomes natural and there are always amusing stories to listen or tell and fun experiences with all sorts of people. “I am quite excited for that, who knows what will happen.”  

Travis had told her once that he wanted to be a curse breaker to help others, that didn’t mean he was looking out for his people, he was looking out for strangers. Even if his initial intention was to do something with him, which was pretty much impossible, he knew the odds and he was probably still up for it. “Good people hardly see themselves as good, but you are a good person. Trust me on this one.” She wasn’t going to argue must about it, perhaps she was putting too much faith in him, or perhaps not enough.

“I suppose you do, but what are you going to feed me?” she looked up at him before tackling him a little, she couldn’t do much, if she did, she was sure she was going to fall along with him. They continued to walk until they were finally out of the Reserve. “I hope bird feed is not in your plan.” She joked about her situation and they continued to walk. "But are you sure it'll be alright? I don't want to get you into trouble,

"Oh my, look at that healthy laughter! I've gotta get more of that." That was when he smiled generously towards her, though it still had been more toothy than he intended. Certain quirks just wouldn't easily recede no matter how 'calm' his mind seemed. He no longer felt unnerved and while he wasn't necessarily tired or exhausted the exercise that had been worked through seemed to have given a sense of satiation. No tale would be held back from her and gifts, gifts would be something that he hoped would make enough of an impression on her to value it as much as she'd value the tales told around it. Sometimes it hadn't been so much what a person gained on their travels but the sentimentality that they thought to get something that wasn't procured from some tourist gift shop that made the difference. 

The way she smiled, sweetly and expectantly caused a soft shiver to trail down his spine. It was as if someone actually approved of something he said or had been doing. A weird feeling and thought for more reason that were bad than good. "What do you think it means?" Eyes squinted, head tilted as he asked then his head shook lightly. "Rhetorical question." Then his shoulders shrugged gently and he sighed softly. "I guess it means what you think it means. Since going through with what I actually want to do would mean I could risk abandoning you. . . So. . . Since I said I wouldn't do that." She could take it how she desired, he wouldn't chase it but if the opportunity ever presented itself he also couldn't say what his reaction or choice would be at that point. Him not actively seeking it out, however, seemed a reasonable enough compromise in consideration. 

"I'm really glad you're excited. Especially since you were on the 'Maybe' fence." Following his words he nudged her gingerly, a teasing smirk crooked at the edge of his mouth. "I think we're going to make some really good memories together." The crux of travelling with someone, it hadn't just been the experience or something to plan and enjoy it all with. It had been the process of what they all meant together, where later down the line they formed and shifted into memories that couldn't be replaced. A unique moment in their shared histories that could be considered one of their fondest moments that would surmount against the eventual rocky situations that life had bound for everyone. 

While he had intended to follow the route of a Curse Breaker, helping a select few, there had never been any intention for him to do so pro-bono. Everything would've held a cost for people, the only exception being those that had been familiars. After all, they provided something to the wizarding world that could be beneficial in a numerous amount of ways. Not to mention their unfortunate lot in life hadn't been unlike his own in many cases. "Hehe, if you say so then." There hadn't been anything words could say that would tip that idea from her mind or his own, if he was being honest with himself. 

His body stabilized, pressing firmly into the ground as he absorbed much of her tackle to the point of only bobbling a bit from the impact. Arm tightening around her to draw her into a half hug while his cheek pressed against her forehead momentarily just before they started to continue their walk."It did cross my mind to get rid of the sudden influx of bird feed I found earlier." He spoke in  jest. His smile grew and he sighed exaggeratingly. "It looks like I'll just have to shove a tender juicy piece of meat right between your lips!" Travis offered a hearty laughter as they existed the reserve and turned the corner. "I have steak for days and sometimes I can't eat all of it alone.

With his eyebrow arching upwards he took one of her hands, grasping it and giving it a gentle squeeze. "It will be fine, Liv. Perfectly fine, I promise."

Her laughter continued as he spoke, she wasn’t expecting to laugh so hard at something so simple. She finally stopped laughing before looking at him with her smile. Whatever he decided to do was up to him, she could only tell him what she thought and try to help him the best way that she could. “I’m glad you decided to not do anything, at least for now.” Their friendship had just begun, and it would be rather painful losing someone so early. Even if he still planned on doing something, at least in the future he’d be more mature and more experienced, and perhaps he would be able to stand victorious over something he wanted. “I will make you keep that promise or try.”

It wasn’t in her plans traveling again, but it wasn’t so bad, she wasn’t going alone and there were a lot of stories and memories they could share and become even closer friends, and she wasn’t against that. “If I said yes to everyone that asked me then I wouldn’t have an opportunity to go with someone that’s actually worth it.” Probably if she hadn’t enjoyed Travis’ company her answer would still be a ‘maybe’ but she did enjoy the company. He didn’t seem to want to agree with her, but she wasn’t going to force her views on him, maybe one day someone else will tell him the same and he’ll wonder if she was right or wrong, or just delusional for thinking such a thing. Even if he wasn’t going to do his job for free it was still a job that helped others, after all, a person still must eat, and he would have more expenses in the future.

It had been a while since someone could easily hold their ground, she couldn’t really control it even if she did try, the last person was May. She chuckled at the thought of eating bird feed, birds that ate bird feed were more on her menu than the grainy food. “So, you’re literally going to feed me?” she looked up with a surprised look as her lips grew into a smile. “I’m in for it, being fed, eating meat, perfect.” They continued to walk, she had to let him lead the way, she had no idea where they were going.

Her question was a valid one, for once she was going into someone else’s house, even if she had been invited by him his mother might not appreciate it, even if Liv was a nurse. “Alright, I’m going to trust you on this one.” If Liv remembered Travis still had to go to school before going home, which gave her the opportunity to go by the Hospital Wing to make sure everything was properly closed and leave a note with a phone number, they could easily contact her by calling if a student needed her in the middle of the night.

That laughter had been gold clanking upon his ears, a breeze that caressed the skin in a cooling touch. He enjoyed the sound that reverberated passed her lips and wanted to explore that further, spend the time that they had together to continue to hear that kind of a joy. For someone he suspected wore the hurts and wounds that occurred to her closely, deeply, it'd been the least he could offer. More so inconsideration that he couldn't guarantee that his very situation in life wouldn't cause similar wounds. Happiness had been something the woman deserved amongst other things in his opinion. "Well, something will happen eventually I imagine." Travis just opted not to force it, while the most agonizing approach it seemed to be one that would get him to hear less people nagging him."So, more Live exposure? I can get behind that.

Travis gasped gently, as a coy smile touched his features. "Are you saying others asked you and I managed to seal the deal with this? I'm glad it all turned out in my favor then!" While there'd been inflection of joking around it hadn't demeaned the truth of it to him. He was elated that it turned out the way it had, while travelling to Egypt alone wouldn't have been that much of a problem it also would mean that the time he spent with Liv would be short. The chances of getting to know her? Very nil or at least not sufficient for him to feel satisfied. He hadn't planned on leaving next year, it had been all in preparation for the current year. "We'll have to make every moment slap that brightening smile right on your face when we're there.

He hadn't minded the tackle, in fact, a bit of rough play would be something new to explore for him when it came to friends who could manage on their own. Having to hold back most of what he held took years of practice, something that grew far more difficult with days closer to the full moon. There'd been a secret enjoyment in knowing that Liv held such raw strength, that at any more she could try to tackle him down. "What, you thought I was joking? I'll have you know, I hand prepare all of the food for the house. I even cook for Odessa though she's a very picky cat." The day she shifted into a human and set him straight about her 'preferred' palette had been when he knew she was unlike any feline he encountered before. "It seems I have a fellow meat enthusiast here with me! And how would you like yours cooked?

A smile stretched over his face, hand uncoupling from hers as they walked along the path that led to Tallygarunga. Only thing he really needed there had been his house keys everything else that had been sufficient still stayed within his room at home. "First time I've ever heard someone say those words." No one ever truly 'trusted' what he said or even thought. "She understands and like I said, she's rarely ever home anyways." Raising up a hand he waved it gingerly through the air in a small motion. "At a symposium right now, discussing the subject of integrating more Half-breed's into the public school system.

She wasn’t going to bother or nag him some more about the situation, he still had a choice to make but he listened and that was important, perhaps in the future, he’ll get what he wants, she just hopes he succeeds. While she couldn’t force him to keep that promise she could at least be or try to be a good friend.

There had been many propositions before, even while traveling some wanted her to stay, others wanted her to join them, she always declined, she was there for two purposes and when she did what she wanted, she decided to go back home. “Well…yeah, that’s pretty much what happened.” She never completed one of the things that led her to leave the country, finding her own parents that shipped her off to live with her aunt when she was a child, but no one seemed to remember them, maybe one day she can figure it out. “How about, both our smiles? Wouldn’t it make a better memory?” what would be the point in only have one person smiling and enjoying the moment?

“I was, I’ve never been fed before, I might have been food tho.” She wasn’t sure what to think of it, she had been considered food more than once but never heard someone saying that they would feed her. She knew she wasn’t labeled as food, but at least Travis wasn’t going to drink her blood. “Depends on the meat really. Chicken and pork well cooked, beef I don’t complain much.” As long as it wasn’t completely raw, she wouldn’t mind the state of it, but it also depended on the dish, certain dishes required the meat to be raw or barely cooked. “Let me guess …  you like it raw or rare.” It wasn’t too hard to guess after all the young man was a werewolf.

Only a little while longer and they’d be able to reach the school, he could go get whatever she needed, and she could do what she wanted to do in the hospital wing. Liv had no reason not to trust Travis, or whatever he was saying, and if anyone asked her if she trusted him, she wouldn’t have a problem saying that she did. He seemed to spend a lot of time alone, even when home his mother wasn’t around, but Liv assumed her job wasn’t easy. “I see…” she always had someone at home, not exactly a sane one, but the Veela wasn’t too bad, perhaps a bit too curious for her own good. “If that’s the case and you ever need anything you know where to find me.” She was either at school or with her aunt, but the woman wasn’t too hard to find.

After walking along the path that led to the school, they finally stepped through the gate. “So, I’ll meet you back here in a while.” She parted from him and walked into the Hospital Wing, everything was so quiet at that hour of the night, there was no soul. Her desk was empty, and she left a paper on it with the instructions on how to contact her. Everything else seemed to be in order. After a while, she walked back to the gates and sat on a patch of grass as she waited for Travis.

What had he been thinking? Of course she would've gotten various offers to travel, maybe even to just stay put the more he thought about it. If not from those that formed a bond with her, then those that had been unknowingly enchanted by the hormonal charms that whizzed about her in a swarm. Something he'd been aware had been something she wished didn't actually happen when meeting people. "I thought my smile didn't need to be stated? It seemed kind of obvious." He winked at her playfully before continuing on. "Besides, you have such an infectious smile I bet you could make a gargoyle crack one happily." There were usually traits that were simply hypnotizing about a person and he found that, ironically, for Liv when it came to him? It wasn't the scent of her Veela heritage that ran through her mortal veins but that of a heavenly smile and cheerful laughter. 

"I try to hop off the 'People-Food' train. You know, cause part of me wants that already. I need to offset it a bit." As much as he tried to joke about it, he understood the serious implications of what people may have assumed about him. While he enjoyed meat, he, as the human mind - held no draw to -want- to consume human flesh. "I did offer myself up to be food one time, a Dhampir friend. She wasn't too sure about it. Which, when she brought it up? I didn't blame her." A Dhampir hulked out on a Werewolf's blood? That had simply been asking for problems down the line and he knew that. "I should have some chicken and beef." He smirked towards her and shrugged lightly. "Depends. When the moon's fullness is still far away I tend to go rare, then when the weak hits it slowly starts to turn into a raw craving." Most cases it almost felt as if his body had been preparing fully, the different kinds of parts that shifted in himself that needed to adjust during the transformation were numerous. "Don't worry, I won't do your food the same way as mines! You'll get something nicely cooked, fresh, and filling.

It didn't seem like that much of a big deal to him, at times he'd have Odessa around and the cat always made her appearance when he seemed to need it the most. He understood the work his Mother did as well and had learn gotten over the need of that maternal figure in his life constantly. When she showed up she held the obvious care even as she wore the weariness of the constant efforts she put into her job even if she'd been met only with the force of thousands of stonewalls and the weight of bigotry and fear. "Hehe, thanks, I really mean that. But if I do that then whose going to take care of the house? Well, at least, before I have to try to hire someone to do in my stead." That perhaps may end up being up his Mother's alley once he actually gets the chance to tell her about his plans for after Tallygarunga. "But since you want to see me so badly, I will always take up that offer." His waist gently bumped against hers in a playful manner. 

Travis nodded towards her and quickly made his way through the courtyard and towards the dormitory building for the Bourke House students. Most had still been around, either up doing last minute projects that still needed to be handled before school officially kicked off. They hadn't paid too much attention to him and he'd been thankful for it immensely. Slipping into his assigned room he immediately went to his desk and rummaged through it to grasp his keys and what seemed to be sturdy and metallic locket that had a hollow inside where a picture intentionally fashioned to fit inside would be displayed. It'd been closed tightly, he clutched it securely, he'd have to stuff it in his bag for safe keeping and hope it'd be another thing that could help him get through the next night.

Trekking back towards the front of the school didn't take him long, the students that he original passed had already went their way to bed and he easily slipped passed the prefect on duty. It was often child's play with how easy it had been most times given the difference in alertness and senses. He gave a smooth whiff towards the air, the smell of Liv still so engrained in his mind that he knew he wouldn't forget it anytime soon. Following it as if it'd been a lure itself until he made it towards the woman sitting down on the grass. "Someone enjoys themselves a bit of nature." His free hand reached out towards hers as an offer to help her stand up. "I can't promise the same kind of beauty around my place but we do have this lovely collection of asphalt.

Olivia couldn’t hold a laugh after the comment about a gargoyle and only regained control with a deep breath. “I haven’t heard, a compliment like that in years.” It was usually about how she looked, it was quite obnoxious considering it wasn’t them talking, it was simply her charm making them think such a thing, at least with Travis she didn’t need to worry about it, which was somewhat amazing considering the time of the month where he was prone to act more on impulses than reason. Travis had been one of the few people whose compliments felt genuine, almost like they weren’t affected by the thing she dislikes the most about herself, it was hard finding people like that.

“I was Dhampir food for a while.” She confessed but considering her relationship with said Dhampir it was quite normal, even if it was frowned upon. It wasn’t like Liv was going to let her friend live on animal blood for too long, hers was fresh and wouldn’t cost May anything. “She was my roommate … and my best friend.” she hadn’t just been just Liv’s roommate, she had been much more than that, but it wasn’t something to discuss in the middle of the street. Liv’s feelings towards May were clouded, all the feelings she had were wrapped up in a nice ball of resentment that could break at any moment, even now that May had returned, Liv couldn’t hide her resentment for the Dhampir, but was working hard towards making things better, it seemed the best way to mend a broken heart. She wasn’t surprised that he had a craving for raw meat, considering his situation, but it seemed that he wasn’t going to eat how he normally did for him. “If you do, I just have to … roast it a little bit.” She tried to joke with the fact that she was a veela and could easily cook something just by touching it if she so desired. It was a neat trick for barbecues.

“So dramatic.” She rolled her eyes in a playful manner before being bumped, she easily maintained her balance as they continued to walk towards the school. Liv played a little with the grass as she waited for Travis, she just hoped they didn’t turn on the sprinklers, she wasn’t the mood to be soaked. Travis finally arrived, which made her look up at him. She took his hand and was quickly on her feet. “Who doesn’t like nature?” she looked at the young man, she was sure he enjoyed it quite a bit, it was soothing and calm, where everything had a place and was welcomed. “Maybe I should get you a pet plant.” She joked, but it wasn’t a bad idea, one day she was going to get him a plant, a low maintenance one, like a cactus.

“So where too Mr. Franklin? It’s your time to lead the way.” She made a slight bow and gestured to the road with her hand. She had no idea where he lived.

He couldn't help but uphold a prominent grin that he shined towards her. "It was either that or 'Your smile could make a Werewolf's tail wag.' A feat considering we don't actually have tails. . . But we have tons of tales." There'd been an attempt at a play on words, more so alluding towards one of the things she seemed to enjoy. The compliments he offered had been genuine or at least he'd hoped they came off that way. Often, many people didn't see them for what they had been given his predisposition to skirt around truths or to hide much himself in a veil of humor or indifference. "But be prepared for them! I like to give compliments every so often." Mostly to the people that he cared about, that they at least knew he noticed them, watched them. That he paid attention with great depth and attentiveness. 

The inflection in the tone, hesitance, had there been more? He understood the connection of best friends, there wouldn't be anything he wouldn't do for Meadow if she'd only asked or if he felt it had been in her best interests. Yet, the way she spoke alluded to something far more, deeper even at least from how the signal of her tone of voice seemed to him. It was something he was going to push further on, the gleam in his eyes showed he respected that with a hint of empathy. A hand reached out to gently caress the side of her shoulder, gentle consoling rub. "You're a devoted friend, Olivia. And I get it, you want to make sure you can help those close to you as much as possible." Then his fingers traced towards her chin, resting tenderly against it so that his nails wouldn't mark her skin. He had to make sure that he didn't abuse that friendship, that he hadn't grown neglectful and actually tuned into her needs as much as she had his own. 

"I just might, have to see those flaming tendencies of yours." A soft chuckle escaped from him. He wouldn't ruin her food in that way, after all the effort and consideration she placed for his comfort and care? The least he could've done is place something appetizing in her belly. "When you have the whole house to yourself most of your life, you tend to pick up cooking tricks while also nearly burning stuff down." The final portion of his words had been more of a joke than any portion of fact. 

Maybe he had been a bit dramatic, the thought hadn't been unappealing, however. He couldn't remember if anyone actively ever said they wanted to see him again, well, perhaps maybe Samantha but most times he always thought she'd been joking or at least had been at a loss of proper friends. His hand curled around hers as he gently lifted her up, free hand extended out to curve at her waist to help to steady her just in case before withdrawing both of the limbs back to his side. "People allergic to it and I think perpetual bookworms. You see a lot of those in Tally." A few students he pegged to be like that, not really nature-farers. "If you do I'll name it Leshy. But you'll have to do it after I officially move back to Australia. I can't go carrying it around with me everywhere I go.

One day he'd move back home after his training had been complete, when he'd experienced enough and garnered enough funds and accolades that he could risk the travel towards places that held far more deep seeded and ancient histories. "Mr. Franklin? Please, that was my father." He stated jokingly, trying to avoid the perpetual guilt and anguish that often followed with that particular thought. Lifting his arm up he looped it with Liv's and proceeded to exit the area. "Luckily for you, I have my Apparition license and succeeded with flying swirls." He led them out of the school and some way's down the road until they reached the boundaries of where the barrier against such teleportation magics had been re-engaged after being nullified in the schools extensive protective field. 

Travis' hand reached towards his wand that settled on the loop of his built and retrieved it from the makeshift holster. With a precise and trained motion he kept the image of it in his mind freshly and traced the tip of the wooden instrument through the air until it reacted with the spell and a sudden pressurization warped around the two of them, the hold he had on her tightening enough so that he wouldn't lose hold of her. It felt as if he'd been pressed and pushed into a thin high-speeding cylinder that propelled through a tube where everything seemed to be too fast to process to the mind until they emptied out in front of a modest family home. 

A two story Victorian home, designed in a cool powder blue with dark shingle upon the angled roof. The painting had still been vibrant, signs that it'd been recent worked on and the edges of the home showed the same attentive care. There had been a long pathway that started after a brick wall-metal fence hybrid that stretched around the property in typical dusty brick coloration. He walked down the path for a moment before he turned his gaze towards Liv. "I probably should explain the 'Old Timey' house bit. . . Before my Mom took up her crusade in the Ministry, My Father's side of the family held a long tradition of being Auror's. A few of his siblings too, though they stopped checking on us a long time ago." It's what made his predicament a smidge bit more difficult as a Werewolf, it had caused ostracization from his relatives. Those cousins that held him close to get him to safety forbidden from ever interacting with him. 

At one point he thought that would change, that he could change that. However, now, he'd been far too pessimistic that the hope had died. 

“Now who’s is making the canine jokes.” She tried to joke, but it didn’t seem well making that sort of jokes, even if he was the one making it. “You’re spoiling me.” she wasn’t a stranger to compliments, even if almost all of them had to do with her charm, but some genuine ones were always welcomed.

She looked at him with a soft smile when his hand touched her shoulder, he probably understood what May meant to her. If she had been a good friend, she wouldn’t have left without saying anything, but during that time was either travel or lose her mind. “Thanks.” Travis was smart and he was a good person, no matter if he believed it or not. Her hand touched his when his finger rested on her chin. It’s been a while since someone cared, someone other than her aunt. “You’re spoiling me again.” She chuckled as she held his hand on hers and squeezed it lightly. If he continued soon, she would be talking about her issues while her main concern was him, she couldn’t get distracted.

If he wanted to see a burning hand, she can easily show him, whenever they get out of the street. Liv wasn’t a stranger in the kitchen, and her years of traveling did allow her to pick new things from the places she had visited. Burning things down was her department, not his. She stared at him before her arms crossed in front of her. “You should have been careful Travis, burning things down is my department.” She tried to joke about the situation, but she couldn’t shake the feeling that if something had gone wrong, he wouldn’t be there.

Even allergic people liked nature, they just didn’t like the effect nature had on them, same with bookworms, but not everyone was the same. “They are reading books, books are made of paper, I think they do love nature, one way or the other.” She spoke smugly at his statement, almost like she had won something. She would have to think of a nice plant, while cactus didn’t require too much work they could still die from dehydration. “Alright, when you get back it is.” When he gets back, she’d just need to get a cute cactus and give it to him.

Travis quickly took them to his house. She looked around to see where she was before she noticed the house, Liv followed him quietly until he spoke. His family probably stopped checking on them because of him being a werewolf. She approached him with a smile and her hand touched his arms to rub it a little for comfort, she was going to open her mouth to say something, but she felt it was better if she just kept it shut, at least for now.

"Haha, that was a canine joke, wasn't it?" Travis asked in a teased manner, the laugh coming off as another near-growl. As if it'd been some kind of human-lion or beast that laughedin a hoarse and snarly tone. "Hey, you've been spoiling me this entire time. I think to give back in goodwill." It wasn't untrue, even if she'd done things she would enjoy anyways they'd been led by the fact that it pertained towards his werewolfry. Something he didn't want her to focus as something that needed to be concerned or focused on, it hadn't been a burden she needed to shoulder. 

"You'll never need to thank me, Liv. I said I'd be here, right?" There'd been many questions, such as what led her to travel. Everyone had a reason, either to see the sights, to escape, or to learn something they wouldn't have been able to learn where they were at. "Nothing wrong with it, I enjoy spoiling you a bit." When her hand squeezed, his own did so in respectful response, offering the strong comfort of console and gentleness. While he hadn't been very 'sporty' as most Bourke's seemed to be, loyalty and standing by those that had earned it in some way had been one of the strongest qualities within himself. Trust had been difficult to come by, difficult to maintain, and near impossible to gain back once it'd been destroyed and so. . . Required every ounce of intention to nurture, to make sure such a fragile concept wouldn't shatter so easily. "It's okay to let someone care for you too, you know. They always say, 'Nurses are great at taking care of people. . . Except themselves." It seemed on some level it was true even in the Magical world. "If you ever need me, I'll always come running. No matter how far away I am. . .

That had been what it meant to earn his loyalty, maybe he had been a 'good person'. Not something he seen but he knew what it meant to not be an asshole. That his actions held consequences and no matter the reason or the means, people were going to be hurt if he didn't take the time to get them to understand. Some pains would occur regardless but the pain of betrayal or feeling pushed away with ones heart shredded from loss had been a different kind of pain that had been difficult to bounce back from.

A smile curved on his lips, breathy chuckling bounced out of him. "Sometimes you have to let some of us unnaturally skilled mess things up. You already are beating me in the just making it pop up department." There'd been a few near misses of sudden grease fires from ill-prepared oil or letting something cook far too high because of his inexperience. Over time he had to use his senses, it gave him an edge in a lot of things that had been very muggle common place: Drawing, cooking, and several others that required sensory accuracy. "How about you cook with me then? Only fair that you contain the heat." It had just been another activity that they could have fun with, he hadn't followed the implication that it could hold. 

His hand rose up and gently nudged her arm as he held it around his own. "Look at you, trying to go with semantics of things. They love what it can provide, not it. If it suddenly vanished they'd find another way to make their books." He snickered, the way she spoke so smugly. "But I'll give you that win, mostly because you sounded so cute. So certain, I can't go around trying to battle that!" There'd been the truth, the way she stated it gave a cute factor to her. To see her so competitive had been as amusing as it had been refreshing. "I have to remember to play board games with you seem like everything would become a daring challenge." He nodded towards her as it seemed they came to understanding that she could get him a plant when he moved back to Australia, when that would be? He wasn't sure, if he had to be honest he'd hoped it wouldn't take too long, for many reasons. . .

Travis' hand reached out swiftly, unable to catch his reflexes in time to touch her hand. Though it'd moved quickly, it touched gently. "It's okay, Liv." He knew she'd been a comforter, someone that wanted to be there for a person during their struggles. He had wondered, was anyone ever truly there for the struggles she went through? That could help her weather what ever whirled around in her heart or mind? Or did she shut it away, focus on others and try to avoid seeing her own hurts? That he could understand, it'd been the way he seemed to operate until he'd been alone or pushed. . . Pushed to the point of surging outwards uncontrollably. 

He led the way towards the steps, hands pressed into his pocket to withdraw the keys and proceeded to unlock the door and push it open gently. The home held the scent of freshness that had been palpable, almost a mixture of newly squeezed lemons and fresh clean water. The place had been cleaned from top to bottom, not a single thing left on the floor aside from a kitty litter box in the corner but no sound or scent of a cat nearby, he could smell that Odessa had been there only a short while ago. Placing his keys on what seemed to be a hook near the door as he walked in further, it had been a small foyer that led directly into a living room setup, where it contained stairs that led to the second floor and a wide entryway towards the back that showed signs of it being a kitchen. 

"At least Odessa didn't mess up all of my hard work. That cat can be a bit much sometimes." Even better that she hadn't been in her human form walking around naked, chastising him under the moniker of, 'Man-Dog'. As if he didn't already have enough problems with the community perception of him. "Now, if I remember, I promised you some good food. So, please, this way, My Madam Teagarden." His arm unraveled from hers only to gently clasp her hand and lead her through to the kitchen until they came across a built in raised counter that had been designed for preparations and eating. 

She laughed along with him, somehow his laughter only made her laugh even more. She wasn’t sure if she’d been spoiling him, she just did what came naturally to her. She couldn’t help not to care, or worry, or even try to unburden someone, it was far easier for her to help than to see other people’s pains in their eyes, their voice and even in their actions. Even if she could be seen as overly protective of others and considered annoying whenever she did anything, she wouldn’t mind, as long as those people were alright. It was not only strength, but it was also her biggest weakness.

Liv wasn’t used to getting spoiled, perhaps it was the reason why it didn’t feel natural to her, but it wasn’t a bad feeling, just one she wasn’t used to, the last person that made the feeling seem natural had disappeared for four years without a word. All the trust Liv had once placed on that person was gone, it was impossible to fix even if Liv tried to make peace, she knew deep down she could never attain the same level of trust, but would she be able to do it with others? It was a hard deed, considering she was still suffering from the effects of it. She looked up at Travis, whose voice had stopped her from delving too much in thoughts she shouldn’t explore. She took care of herself, perhaps not as much as she should, but she always felt guilty when she did, as if she wasn’t worth the trouble. “I probably wouldn’t bother you but I’m glad to know I have a good friend that would come for me whenever I need it.” he could count on her to do the same but he probably already knew it, if he ever needed her he could be certain that she would do whatever she could to help.

“You think I didn’t have my share of burnt kitchens?” she laughed wondering if he thought she always had it easy. “I just don’t burn easily, but I did set the kitchen on fire once.” She had set many things on fire, but the kitchen had been an accident and she was still young and immature, she just wanted the food to be ready quickly. “Alright, let’s just hope I don’t become a human torch.” It was unlikely, her hands yes, arms most likely, but not like some, who appear to emerge from the depths of a volcano covered in lava. “But did I tell you I put on a great show during barbecues?”

She liked to win, it was her thing, she was competitive, even if the competition was the most important thing, she still enjoyed winning and she did love games. “I can a few at the hospital wing for the kids that need to stay there overnight, I usually play with them.” Mostly muggle games to entertains the younger kids, but the older ones also enjoyed playing them, but she tried to hide her competitive nature from the students, while it was good to be competitive, she couldn’t really gloat whenever she won a game.

Liv gently nudged Travis. She could see how much pain it caused being excluded. She offered him a gentle smile before following him. They got inside, she looked around a little bit, it smelled nice. Liv closed her eyes for a little bit before opening them up again. Before she could say anything, he took her hand and led her to the kitchen. “I did promise you a fire show too.” She raised her free hand which almost instantaneous like a glove her hand caught fire. “Neat right? Awesome in barbecues.” She joked as her hand went back to normal. Not something she used to do without being angry, however when she was angry, she had visible sharp claws, regaining control was harder, but doing it without being angry was more amusing.

“So, what do you want me to do?”

He hadn't expected to connect so well with her, what started as him heeding the call of curiosity and primal lust turned into something else entirely. Listening to her laugh, knowing the kind of person she tried to be made him realize how lucky he'd been that things turned out how they had back at the Hospital Wing. She quickly became a great friend to him, someone he wanted to nurture as she did him. Even if she was far more experienced in touching the heart of people, there'd been a wealth of self-confidence that he could do the same for her the moment she found it prudent for her to open up to him. 

While making her uncomfortable would never be his intention, he had no desire to change himself in that regard. As much as she wouldn't pull away from him knowing the latent attraction he held towards her, the same had been felt by him in terms of offering her solace and care that he thought she deserved. His eyes squinted as he looked towards her, head tilted to the side as he shook it in a disciplining way. "Liv. . . You're silly, you know that?" His hand rose up and pressed to the side of her cheek as gently as possible, the edge of his thumb stroked fondly at the edge of her face. It'd been thanks to the exercise that he'd been able to keep far stronger hold on his emotions than usual though his words were still difficult to control from being bold. "You'd never be a bother to me. That's just bad thinking. You're no burden, you're not someone that is a fleeting bother. I want you in my life, want to assist you. Not out of obligation or some odd sense of honor." Not even because he'd been a 'Good person' but he avoided stating that personal belief. "I care about you, a lot. And for the people you care about? You support, even if they don't realize they need the support. That's when they need it the most.

Maybe he'd been speaking on experience at this point. The truth of the matter had been he needed support to turn his mind away from revenge even though he knew and had been aware of its ever corruptive feeling and intent. If not for it he wouldn't have gradually gotten closer to several key people in his life. "I don't know what weighs on you. . . But I don't plan to stop offering my hand no matter how hard you push." He winked at her as his hand slid slowly from her face. "You taught me that.

A light snort exhausted from him and a smile touched his face. "I would think you're the Queen of early teen burndown events. But, you know, nearly burning it down is pretty bad." While he sparked flames he couldn't say he achieved a near-burn down. Not an appropriate one anyways. "If you become a Human torch just let me get you a bunch of change of clothing. Unless you have your clothes magically enchanted to resist flames!" That would perhaps be for the best, he imagined. "Barbecue's too? Then we're going to need to get in on some backyard cook outs, let you do your thing. You can be the cook with the apron, 'Don't Kiss the Cook'.

With a hearty laughter, a toothy grin stretched. "Let me guess, after they all leave you do yourself a bit of a victory dance? It must be pretty hard for you not to shine that competitive streak of yours. Or. .. Do you?" He wondered if she'd be smugly celebrating and bragging if she'd have won the run, at least she held the confidence to believe that she could win. That had been one of her many attractive traits, which ironically, for him as an attraction? Held no tie towards her peerless beauty due to the heritage. "I should have a few old games, we can probably plan ourselves a personal little game night of competition." Between running through the reserve or bushlands during the week of the Full Moon and, if she accepted, Game Night plans he found himself signing up to spend a lot of time with her. That hadn't even included the agreed upon trip to Egypt and the time invested there as well. 

He smiled meekly towards her with the nudge she offered, touched at the care and concern she held towards her. It was soon replaced with an appreciative and amazed expression, hands clapped in awe and applause. "I just might have you heat and spice up my life with that kind of a burning trick." His mind had wandered what it would've been like for her, did she hold the easy to anger as few Half-Veela's did? Or had the calmness in her been used in place of it, to avoid it as much as possible. "Well, since you're the expert in lighting things a blaze. . . How about handling the chicken? We can have alfredo pasta.

Travis made a beeline towards the fridge, hand clasped along the handle as he opened it up and started to pull out various ingredients and set them on the counter top. Then made his way towards one of the hooks that dangled various sizes of skillets and pans, procuring a few of them and set them on top of the stove while he turned towards Liv, a wry smile touched his face. "This can be one of our many personal little traditions.

Such care and such tender, she wasn’t used to any of that, she was the one supposed to care for others and not to be taken care of by others. When she felt his thumb on her cheek her hand rose to grab it gently, only to press her face against it. She had a hard time expressing herself about the situation, she didn’t want to tire people, to burden them with her problems, they were hers to take care of, it was far too easy to help people and carry theirs than to talk about her own, although with Travis she didn’t seem to have a way out. She didn’t fight with him on that one. “I have a feeling I’ll have to get used to it.” but she could abuse it, she was there for him, not to have him there for her. She let go of his hand before feeling it slid from her face. “I will gladly take your hand Travis, but the truth is, someone left me behind once.” The way she spoke it was like a random friend, she would have to elaborate more throughout the night. The feeling and the thought of it still made her blood boil with rage, and then sadness would follow, even if she didn’t express it, anyone that knew her enough, knew that was how she felt.

If she wasn’t calm at first, she ended up experiencing it the way he was talking. A smile showed on her lips as he spoke of her burning things down. As a child she was prone to anger issues, she was a half-veela, it wasn’t hard to control emotions at first, especially whenever she felt frustrated, and she used to get a lot whenever she was in the kitchen helping her aunt. “I would assume clothes would be burnt too, it’s not like changing into a bird where I can use a spell to keep them, and maybe if I do lose my clothes to a fire, that apron might be useful.”  Liv tried to joke.

She probably did a little victory dance whenever she was alone, but that was a secret, so she shrugged at Travis with a smile on her face, which held the positive answer to his question. “How do you know I love games? But I’m in.” she couldn’t help it, she loved the competition and she was enjoying spending some time with Travis, he was fun to be around.

Olivia enjoyed the amazed expression plastered in his face. “I’m sure we can figure something out, without toasting you too much.” She didn’t want to burn Travis in case he planned to play with fire. It took a lot of training to keep her anger under control, at least the sort of anger that lead her to hurt others in a fit of rage. Her aunt didn’t want her to be drugged as she had been in the past and how many others like them would be if they attend a school. “Alright, the chicken is my domain, muggle style or should I just cheat a little?” she leaned on the counter as he fetched the ingredients, but she wasn’t going to cheat, not now anyway. “Well, muggle style it is then, can’t let these traditions disappear, now can we?”

She looked at the chicken, it was an easy dish to make. Liv prepared the chicken, she always liked to make some variations of the dishes, not because they were bland or that she didn’t like them, simply because she liked to add some little extra to the dish.

"Maybe a bit used to it. Sometimes even I need to be stubborn on things." There'd been a grin momentarily though it had fallen away like snow caught in the midst of summer. The way she spoke hit him and mostly because the more he thought of it, the more it gave an accusation towards his own action. A sense of insensitivity born and bred for a need that felt as if he should've shouldered it and yet had been something he should've been looking for a far better alternative against instead of heading long into a personal issue, believing no one would be effected. Thinking that it wouldn't effect the others that had invested their time and care into. As she pressed his hand closer towards her face it drew his smile back, keeping his hand there for a bit longer before it had slid away from her face. His mind shifted towards the day they met in the Hospital Wing, the pained look that etched on her face that had started the chain reaction of the change in him. "You wear it heavily. It doesn't show now. . . You're probably being more mindful. But back when you said 'She's gone', you looked crestfallen." His head tilted slightly towards her, the gleam of his eyes looking towards hers. "And if you feel you want someone to finally listen to what you've carried, what effect that had on you? I'm always all ears.

That had been as much honesty as much as it'd been a joke about him being a canine, accentuating the quite sensitive hearing. It seemed that despite the heaviness of how the conversation had taken she still managed to find a way to keep such an enticing smile, which he admired vastly about her. Thinking about her in nothing but an apron. . . Now there had been an idea that started to play a very lewd havoc in his mind. His hand slid across his mouth as he shook his head, trying to release the idea from his mind. "Then we'll need to get you a bunch of aprons, just in case. We can get some embroider with the Bourke House animal." Still, the image of her in nothing but an apron did things to his mind and hormones that he wish he could've  halted for the sake of not adding uncomfortability to her. 

He grinned at her expressed response, lips twisted into an approved smile. "I'll need to see that dance one day." He hadn't been a sore loser and quite frankly he'd been interested to see if she'd any famed Veela dances, if they'd been as hypnotizing as people led them to believe. "Well, you like competition. Board games and the like practically scream it, especially famed ones in the Muggle circles." There had been many tales he'd heard of 'Uno' breaking families apart in a jest-filled manner to insinuate how seriously people had taken it. "It's good that you're in. If you would've said no, I'd have to suddenly pop up in places with random games to entice you." He nudged as a genuine laughter eased out from him, he'd been having a lot of fun with Liv. More fun than he'd had thought was possible. 

"Hey, don't worry about me with that, okay?" He wasn't by any means or persons definition of 'fragile', wounds hardly stayed on him as they would another person and only short of severe magical damage would even leave marks on his body much like the state of his ever present nails, or as a werewolf claws. He walked over towards her, both of his grasping hers. "I find your care, your concern - uplifting and amazing. Your desire not to harm people is a breath of fresh air in many ways, Liv." He lifted her hands up, a gentle lick of his tongue across them not unlike the time he'd done so in the Hospital Wing and proceeded to kiss the back of her hand softly. "But I am made for roughness, it's part of my very core being. So, don't worry about that kind of thing, alright?" Fire would hurt, it was by no means something to brush off especially not the flare that burned from a Veela. Regardless, he'd never think worse of her for it, whether it'd been an accident or a way to stop him. He'd always been aware that certain measures may end up being necessary due to his condition. 

"Of course Muggle style! I need to see if you're kitchen savvy!" Travis chuckled at her as he watched her go through the process of preparing the chicken. This had been when he started to place water in the pot and added a bit of salt as well as oil to mix with the pasta first. Taking a wooden spoon to gently churn the contents together as it boiled on the stove. A gaze shifted towards Liv as he stood next to her.