Jump to content
Cbox
Guest enabled! No advertising, and be nice! Not much happening here? Check out our Discord!
Welcome to Tallygarunga, an original roleplay set in the Harry Potter universe. Set in present-day Australia, tensions are high between the Ministry of Magic and the only Ministry-run wizarding school in the country. Become like the other snooty private schools? Not a chance.

Originally established in August 2006, Tallygarunga prides itself on an inclusive and active community. Once part of the Tally family, always part of the Tally family. Whether you're here for the first time, the thousandth time, or returning after a long time---welcome home.
Staff
Sadrienne
Founder
LilyCat
Admin
Kaitore
Moderator
Sturt
520
Flinders
270
Spencer
375
Bourke
410
Tallygarunga
a non-canon au potterverse roleplay
August, 2019 :: Winter


Recommended Posts

Professor Teaching Staff ☆ Wandless Magic ProfessorTecri
29 year old Pureblood Human ☆ She/Her/Hers

That was going to be the final class of the day, at least for her, she was too tired to think. She continued to wonder why she decided to do what she did, but at the end of the day, she had to admit it wasn’t about what was easier for her. The advanced class was probably the most amusing one to her, it was where most of the students didn’t require assistance, they could easily, or so she hopped, the spells she was going to have them do. For them, she had some fourth and fifth year spells.

She displayed the room like she had done previously, rows, with a corridor in the middle, this time a larger corridor, she didn’t want anything destroyed in the process. She wanted them to use a Carpe Retractum on one of the mannequins, which now, all of them had the name Delores written on their forehead and a number at front. Once they successfully catch and pull Miss Delores to them, Andy will want them to use Locomotor and control the dummy at their will, as long as they didn’t break anything. Once all students do what they need to do, she’s going to let them engage in a dummy fight.

Andy was sure the last class was going to be more amusing than the other two, considering the lack of effort she would have to put into it; for now, she just has to sit and wait for the students to appear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bourke ☆ Seventh Year ✩ Kaitore
17 year old Halfblood Werewolf ☆ HE/HIM

This time, Travis made it a plan to arrive first into class. Stalking around behind the wave of students that arrived had started to get a bit boring for his more dominate and predatory nature. In fact, he found it a good spike of a thrill to slip into the class and place himself square in the back once more. A bottle of water in hand so that he could sell the idea that he'd simply been a bit pale due to a heavy sickness that he contracted during the end of the break and needed to keep himself hydrated. To those that knew about his nature, they'd most likely be able to tell that it'd been a simple lie. For one reason or another, he'd been in the classroom.

Albeit, he visited all three classes which had him thinking something was grievously wrong with him that he'd allow for his urges to take advantage of the opportunity offered by the Professor splitting up the classes for organization and ease. Unlike the previous times where he stayed silent upon entering, he took this time to direct a proper greeting to her. "Hey, Professor Riverpond." He tried to show a toothy grin and yet fake as if he'd been too weak to keep up the smile for the students that had started to enter and fill the classroom up. 

Though he'd taken the ride of all three classes with the older woman, there hadn't been any noticeable hints of exhaustion that weighed in on him. Perhaps a hidden excitement, something that he tried to bury deep down within himself. But at least now, he'd been in his proper level and could find a challenge in not only the spells that she had handpicked for demonstration and practice but the opportunity to well. . . Short of a tasteful term, continue to undress the Professor with his eyes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spencer ☆ Seventh Year ☆ Guitarist/Vocalist - Local School Hero!✩ Kaitore
20 year old Halfbreed Sorceraic ☆ HE/HIM

Was he even ready for this? The demands of a class noted to be 'Advanced' could hardly ever be called a walk in the park. Especially for him, where dropping from over-exertion had been a realistic possibility. 

Attempting to replicate certain spells had been difficult enough and he mostly hoped that it didn't involve trying to counter-spell some form of curse or jinx this time around. At the very least to avoid him having to rely on Lauren or Lorelei, if they happened to end up choosing the Advanced course. 'Why wouldn't they? They're both far more confident and capable within the knowledge of their own magic. . .' He on the other hand had still been trying to learn, still stretching his wings to find the height of his limits and to see just how far that will and determination could take him given the current circumstances. 

He entered the classroom along with a few other students and took his position at the front of the desk. There'd been no mind paid to anyone in particular, there hadn't been anyone he really knew or interacted with. There'd been that one fellow that had gotten far too close to Lorelei in a few classes for his liking, though that'd been overprotectiveness that he slowly and begrudgingly had been working on as a means to let the girls enjoy their teen years without, 'Uncle Xander', staring over their shoulder like a hawk trying to protect its young. 

"Hey there, Prof. Woah, you look. . . Pretty warn out." Luckily? He had just the kind of thing for that, something he had designed not only for himself but had even given it to his mother one time. (The woman actually even held a look of approval when he did!) Reaching into his back he pulled out a custom made bottle that held a yellowish liquid and walked up to place it on Andy's desk. "It's kind of an energy drink of sorts. All natural, self brewed. I use it for myself when. . . I have to take care of my nephews." He stated in an obvious lie, though no one needed to know at every turn that he had to find unique ways to maintain his condition previously. 

After sitting back down he started to relax and settle in until the class started up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sturt ☆ Sixth Year ☆ Nature Reserve Trainee, Muay Thai InstructorKirupachi
16 year old Muggleborn Human ☆ She/Her

The general poor mood of the class that day was only exacerbated as Chloe walked in - not that she had ever been an example of happiness in any shape or form, far from it, but there was something of note to the heaviness of her steps and the natural dark markings manifesting under her eyes, implying heavy sleep deprivation. The Sturt was on auto-pilot at that point, dragging her feet to the front row as usual, sitting at the same desk she always did, and placing her bag down on the desk without paying much mind to her surroundings.

For a moment she sat, looking unfocused at her own school bag, not outwardly reacting to any of the greetings being thrown around nor bothering to check for that day's activity. Her body wobbled slightly, and she felt the need to support her chin on her palm. Closing her eyes for a little while wouldn't hurt that much, right?

Just a little while...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Flinders ☆ Sixth Year Kirupachi
16 year old Pureblood Human ☆ She/Her

Much like a particular Sturt in that classroom, Meadow hadn't been catching up to her much needed sleep; although, rather than looking half-dead, she looked tense and minimally annoyed at the fact she even had to attend a class that morning rather than sleeping in. The workload she had decided to take on, coupled with her deciding to help out at the nurse's office, made it so she only had time to study past curfew hours and deep into the night. It wasn't an activity someone as organized as her enjoyed partaking in, yet she had no choice.

She spotted a familiar mane of hair at one of the desks and her body automatically moved towards that same area, sitting down next to Travis; although, for once, she didn't say a word. She didn't make a comment on his appearance nor on the way he was staring at their teacher, but perhaps it was that she didn't seem to notice. Instead, she crossed her arms under her chest and leaned back on the chair, staring at one of the mannequins with a hatred so strong her eyes burned with the intensity of a thousand Suns.

She really needed some coffee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sturt ☆ Sixth Year ☆ School & Sturt Quidditch Team Captain, Chaser & Dueling Club CaptainKirupachi
16 year old Halfblood Human ☆ She/Her

The beacon of positivity that the classroom was in need of presented itself in an unlikely form. That morning, Lisa had woken up in quite the good mood; in fact, for the past few days, such had been the case, to such an extent people were starting to get chatty about it. But, for once, she didn't care. The blonde (Redhead? She had dyed her hair again, she really liked the color!) walked into the room, smile stretching out in her lips without a hint of malice.

"Hello, Professor." She greeted for a change as she walked over to her usual partner in crime when it came to class material. Sitting beside Chloe, she set aside her own bag. "And hello to you, Big Stewart." She spoke, but it took her just a few seconds that she might as well be talking to a wall - the girl was fast asleep.

Lisa waved a hand in front of her eyes. Nothing. Snapped her fingers near her ear. Also nothing. But once she lightly shook her shoulder, the older Sturt jumped back into the land of consciousness, nearly knocking her bag off her desk (which, to her credit, she reached for and grabbed safely in no time flat).

"Uh... Thanks." Chloe spoke as she stifled a yawn. Her gaze caught Lisa's, and that girl looked... odd. "You look happy." She couldn't help but comment, so alien was that look on her face.

"Yes, and you look like a Hippogriff had you for lunch. Come on. Class is starting."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Professor Teaching Staff ☆ Wandless Magic ProfessorTecri
29 year old Pureblood Human ☆ She/Her/Hers

Once more there it was, another class, luckily this was the last one of the day. Andy rubbed her forehead, she was tired from all the students, she just had to survive that one and hopefully she would still be able to speak, assuming her brain wouldn’t turn into a weird slime. Before she knew it there it was, the students going inside and to her surprise was Mr. Franklin once more. “Good morning Mr. Franklin.” She watched the young boy take a seat, he really enjoyed her classes, or he enjoyed other things. A playful smile appeared on her lips before she noticed other students.

Followed by the Bourke students other students start to enter, there it was, her headache trying to sneak past her. “Good morning Mr. Winfield. I’m starting to wonder if dividing this class was the best choice.” She spoke jokingly. It was the best choice for everyone, well for the students at least, surprisingly she wanted them to be good at it, not just average or not even being able to use magic without using their pointy sticks they call wands. She watched Alex with a surprised look, he was being extremely helpful, but the way he looked he seemed the kind of person that was not only helpful but was nice as well to others. ”Thank you.” She would consider it while the students were performing their spells.

When everyone was in the classroom and some seemed more cheerful than others, Andy wondered what was going on, what were those kid’s on? Whatever it was she wanted some. “Good morning everyone.” She greeted everyone.

“Today I introduce you all to Dolores, this beautiful mannequin. You all be using Carpe Retractum on them. Can anyone tell me what this spell does?” she asked the class room as she leaned onto one of the dummies. “After you all preform that spell we’re going to do a little game, but first I’d like to hear the answer.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bourke ☆ Seventh Year ✩ Kaitore
17 year old Halfblood Werewolf ☆ HE/HIM

Travis' eyes caught the slight smile that turned on the Instructor's lips, this caused his head to tilt slightly as if to show physical curiosity towards the reasoning. However, before he could even entertain the idea of reasons the sound of footsteps began to increase in a crescendo within his ears.

Nostrils expanded slightly, familiar scents streaked through the air and only one amongst them seemed highly familiar to him. As the Flinder sat next to him, his gaze slightly turned towards her with a slight glossed haze to them. "Meadow. . ." It was a whispered greeting, not one that he'd ever given her. In fact, it wouldn't have even crossed his mind to greet her in such a manner. It didn't take him long either to readdress his attention back towards Professor Riverpond, the last two classes had been. . . Interesting, though the reason they were so in his eyes perhaps wouldn't have been the same one for the average student that sought to excel. 

Everything else seemed to be tuned out in his mind except the voice of the individual that headed the classroom. Eyes drawing towards the mannequin while he expected it with a brief glance. He knew the answer to the question but found that, now, more than ever he needed to limit the amount of attention he could've gained. Unless it'd been from the proper source etched inside of his mind. He leaned back into the chair with his fingers flexing constantly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spencer ☆ Seventh Year ☆ Guitarist/Vocalist - Local School Hero!✩ Kaitore
20 year old Halfbreed Sorceraic ☆ HE/HIM

"Ahahaha, you got this!" Alexander shined the usual bright smile he wore. He then nodded smoothly and settled into the desk he'd chosen for himself previously. "It's no problem. I'm not sure if it will give the kick you need but it will definitely give one heck of a kick." At least it had worked for him in that manner but he wasn't sure how much of a charge it would offer to a person that hadn't felt as if they were physically dying from lack of energy. He wasn't entirely sure what he'd be getting himself into but understood that he would've needed to 're-imagine' his abilities to act in similarity to whatever spell would be the focus of the class. Luckily enough? He had studied long enough, had been acutely aware of magical theory, that the mental concept of doing so on the fly had been far easier. 

'Dolores', That was an interesting name for a Mannequin or. . . Probably not, now that he thought more on it. It seemed that 'Delores', 'Peter' or 'Johnny' would end up names for such objects. "It's known as the 'Seize and Pull' charm, it lets you drag an object closer to you. Or, if it's too firm in its foundation, pull you towards it. It also can work with people too though that's a pretty big battle of wills a bit. It extends a tether from the tip of the wand."

It was a useful spell, for  a lot of reasons. He imagined rescuer's that sign on to the Ministry used it often enough to get to individuals or to get individuals from dire situations. "It's also one of those kind of spells that does react with your bodies capabilities. The better fit you physically are the better it works out for you pull whatever you're trying to pull, or just dragging yourself towards it."

Unfortunately, he didn't have personal experience with ever successfully performing it. Only able to give personal account from watching others make use of it as much as it had been from random perusal through various study materials. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sturt ☆ Sixth Year ☆ Nature Reserve Trainee, Muay Thai InstructorKirupachi
16 year old Muggleborn Human ☆ She/Her

Chloe resorted to digging a nail into the skin of her thumb to keep herself awake - perhaps the jolt of unpleasantness would be enough to keep her brain from resting. Nevertheless, she hardly processed the teacher's question, all too focused on steadying her shaky field of vision instead; every now and then her eyes would close, but she'd startle herself back into consciousness. Her desk companion that day was oblivious to this plight as she opted to pay attention to class proper.

"Use it on them...?" Lisa muttered under her breath as she tried to work out the logistics of it. If someone were to pull the mannequin too strongly with their magic, it would serve for some visually spectacular, bone crunching effects; or, they could end up sweeping themselves off their feet and be sent careening towards the object. While she didn't find it exactly difficult to pull off, it was most certainly an advanced spell, fit for the class. It definitely beat out how the former term had been, now that they had cut out the people holding them back.

"It's basically a rope." The Chaser piggybacked off of Alexander's explanation. "To maintain magical concentration wandlessly with this spell while gauging your physical strength can be a bit of a challenge, and there's no 'one size fits all' trick to it since everyone will have a different balance in that regard." Being someone quite fit for the sake of her sport of choice, she wouldn't be one to have a large amount of trouble with the spell, lessening the risk of something going wrong.

Her desk partner was quite fit as well, granted, but she seemed very much out of commission - having leaned on her palm once again, Chloe had dozed off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Flinders ☆ Sixth Year Kirupachi
16 year old Pureblood Human ☆ She/Her

"Mm." The sound was all that Travis got in greeting from his best friend as her gaze fixated on a mannequin's head, looking as if she wanted to decapitate the poor thing. The fury boiling under her skin was the only thing keeping Meadow awake at that point, and a questionable replacement for caffeine. The name of said mannequin had gone completely over her head; what didn't was what they were meant to do with it.

Lips parted slightly and brows furrowed in shock at what was expected of her - a physically demanding task. She had been very fragile since birth, and to engage in such an activity would be akin to suicide. However, she knew she couldn't protest. Closing her mouth, her jaw clenched and her fingers dug at her biceps as her rage augmented tenfold. It just wasn't a good day for her, was it?

For once in her life, she had to find a way to get out of class without penalty. But how?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Professor Teaching Staff ☆ Wandless Magic ProfessorTecri
29 year old Pureblood Human ☆ She/Her/Hers

Andrea clearly needed some help, at least something to refresh her brain. She was mentally exhausted from all the classes but this one was going to be different, these kids were more advanced. The thought didn’t leave her mind, she kept wondering if she could pull through that class.

Putting thoughts aside she was ready to listen to what the kids had to say. Alex was the first to answer. The answer was correct, it could work with objects and people, depending what a person wanted to do with it. Right after Alex had replied to her, Lisa had done the same, and just like him she was correct, Alex’s answer was more complete, but Lisa’s had a point. “Mr. Winfield and Miss Knotley are both correct.” Andy walked back and forth as she looked at her students. “Everyone please get up and pull a Dolores towards you and that Dolores will be yours. Remember, this is a dummy not a real person, the strength has to be proportional or we might need to take a trip to the Hospital Wing.”

The young professor walked to her desk and watched her students, it should be a relatively easy task for them to follow. She took what Alex had given her and opened it to take a sip. It wasn’t the best thing she had tasted, but that had tasted some really nasty things in the past, which in retrospective that drink wasn’t too bad. “Whoever needs help be sure to ask. While it’s apparently an easy spell to be done with a wand, without it requires more precision.” She stood still, next to her desk watching her student as they perform the task she wanted them to perform.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bourke ☆ Seventh Year ✩ Kaitore
17 year old Halfblood Werewolf ☆ HE/HIM

Turning his attention towards Meadow slightly, noting that instinctively someone that had been part of his 'Pack' had seemed somewhat off but why? He leaned in slightly sniffing around the young teen without a second thought that he may be breaking a bit of etiquette in that manner. Even to the point that his hand lifted up to prod a set of fingers right into her shoulder with a well-meaning nudging, almost as if he'd been pawing at her in an manner of pure curiosity. Anger, it was in the flex of her muscles, the way it seemed to noticeably tense under his gaze along with the fact that her attention seemed to have been burning towards the doll known as 'Dolores'. 

Did this thing offend Meadow somehow? HIS Meadow? Now, that was far more offensive than the damned paper earlier! He needed to show his superiority as much as he needed to show that he'd been a force to watch for in a lot of ways. A feral nod flowed from him as he started to stand up and made his way towards the one mannequin that the Flinder's he sat next to had been staring intently towards, with such fury. For the more obvious reason being that it'd been offensive to someone he cared about, meant that it was -now- an offense to him as well!

Without even thinking much about it his hand rose up and started to trace in the air, the last instructions of what had been the intention of the class and the mannequin stuck within his mind. A coil of magic emitted and extended from it, the rope-like grasp stuck and wrapped around one of the Dolores'. Under far better circumstances he would've checked for a proper levy for his strength. . . This wasn't one of those times as his hand yanked with the -full- force of his strength in a sharp motion, pulling it towards him. 

It didn't stand much of a chance, it had been there one moment and then catapulted through the air at an intense speed. Travis standing there, unflinching, not even thinking that he should move as if it would even have the audacity to assume it could challenge him in his own environment! The sound of a plastic smashing against a firm force resonated in his ears and the Dolores’: Head, Arms, and Legs – were immediately forced off the body, scattering in various directions of the classroom.

As for Travis, he hadn’t even budged, it didn’t even push him back a slightly bit as if he were a stone wall or even caused a stunned moment. He huffed bullishly and stared at the remaining torso that clattered onto the ground and leaned forward pawing it at a few times to make sure that it knew its place.

THAT would show it for getting Meadow mad! And for distracting him enough for staring the only worth-while sight for him in the moment, the reminder pulled his gaze towards the Professor where a heavy primal gaze existed before he made his way back to his seat to sit next to Meadow again.

Giving the teen a glance that pretty much would say, ‘That showed it, didn’t it!?’

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spencer ☆ Seventh Year ☆ Guitarist/Vocalist - Local School Hero!✩ Kaitore
20 year old Halfbreed Sorceraic ☆ HE/HIM

"Yeaaa, I'm good with going to the Hospital Wing. . . I don't think anyone in my family would let me live -that- down." Alex spoke in a low whisper, not that he'd been against the Medical arts. After all they were going to be his focus after he graduated. But being back in a place like that hadn't exactly been his idea of a 'Good way to spend' the final year or hopefully final year for him at school. Physical activity hadn't been as much of an issue for him within the last few months, far more healthier than he'd ever been in his entire life. Even so. . . There'd been a sense of uncertainty within him on whether or not he could actually move the doll itself in any noticeable way. 

Old habits and issues die hard, as they say. 

He'd started to stand up, the intention to find a Dolores that had been just slightly further away from most people. At least until he caught the sight of a literal blur from the side of his eye that caused him to instantly draw towards the Bourke student (That he did -not- approve of having a connection to his niece in -any- way.). It all seemed to go down like an action movie, the sound that vibrated through the classroom from a strong mass being smacked against violently and one of the arms from that particular Dolores vaulting wildly towards his direction and ping-ponging against the ceiling, arcing along the edge of the wall, bouncing towards the floor and hooking right out of the door of the classroom. 

"Merlin's Bear-!" He nearly exclaimed out while making a delayed ducking action. His head shaking briefly, what kind of training did this guy go through!? And why the hell was he poking at the mannequin as if he were an animal? That hadn't been his problem right now, that was a question that could be left for far later thinking, like when his own problem wouldn't be so much of one. 

This at least gave him a reasonable distraction, right? His hand raised up, though unlike others within the room he wouldn't have extended a 'rope' rather he'd will the dummy itself to shuffle its way towards him. He'd nearly forgotten that his magic, the way that it worked it moved, had been somewhat different than others and as such he could only use magic in a 'replicative' manner rather than mimicking it perfectly to try and fit in. 

As it hopped about it stopped just in front of him where he'd sling his arm around the mannequin's shoulder's in a somewhat casual manner. "Haha, take a picture with my favorite fan? Of course!" His hand fished in his pocket to pull out his phone where he'd take a quick selfie with it, a bright and winning smile that stretched across his lips. "Excellent~."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sturt ☆ Sixth Year ☆ Nature Reserve Trainee, Muay Thai InstructorKirupachi
16 year old Muggleborn Human ☆ She/Her

'Time to get this show on the road.' A smirk covered Lisa's lips as her usual confident self came to the surface - even within the 'Advanced' description of the class, she had no doubt as to her future success. The girl got up from her seat as instructed by the teacher, walked around her desk and stood in front of it. There was no need to walk much more forward as she had already been sitting in the front row, after all.

Raising her hand as the main aide for the wandless spell, it took her little to no trouble to conjure the needed rope-like energy, one end hovering near said hand, and the other sticking to a mannequin. After just a second to mentally calibrate her strength, she pulled at the energy - the doll flung itself forward at a steady speed, coming to a halt immediately in front of the Sturt. She'd need something more difficult than that to stump her. She reached to pick up the doll and have it sit upon her side of the desk, at which point she noticed her partner was very much asleep again.

"Hey, Big Stewart. Wake up." She called for her, though her voice was drowned by the sound of another mannequin being violently dismembered. Her head turned on reflex to see the collapse of that particular Dolores, as well as the perpetrator whom seemed to have a personal conflict with it. It puzzled her as to why Travis would take anything out on a presumably innocent doll, but, ultimately, who was she to judge in that sense? The girl had always had a penchant for flamboyant destruction, after all.

Turning around, she caught a blur out the corner of her eye. She managed to react by taking a step back just before a mannequin's arm collided with her; Chloe wasn't so lucky. It seemed that she had woken up with the commotion and tried the spell herself, completely miscalculated her force with the exhaustion, and sent the dummy careening in her direction. Lacking the reflexes to dodge due to having just woken up again, the figure smashed against her mercilessly; the impact was such that it actually got past the Sturt and came crashing down against a few of the desks in the area (which, fortunately, had enough awake students that were able to dodge the flying missile). Chloe herself had been knocked out on impact.

"Holy..." Lisa muttered in surprise as she saw Chloe's body slump in her chair, completely out for the count.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Flinders ☆ Sixth Year Kirupachi
16 year old Pureblood Human ☆ She/Her

The sniffing sounds made the angered teenager's eyes squint. Looking in that direction, she saw Travis acting as if he had no filter - openly sniffing her in the middle of a class. "What the hell are you doing?" She asked with confusion, feeling her temper quickly slipping through her fingers. She leaned her head away with visible discomfort, and her brows furrowed with bewilderment at the shoulder poking. She had never seen the man acting so off the wall, even with his condition. It led her to think something very simple. 'What sort of hallucinogens did he consume?'

Was the task truly unavoidable? Did Meadow truly have no choice but potentially meet her end in that class? It was a grim fate to consider, but she had promised to be somewhat more courageous - not that she actually gave much of a damn about that promise when running on fumes, it just served to irritate her further. Resigning herself to her fate, she let out a frustrated exhalation prior to rising from her seat.

It seemed that fate was on her side with the string of occurrences within that class, however. She first noticed that Travis had made his move to take a shot at the spell. She opted to let him finish doing so prior to making her own attempt, but the results were quite disturbing - she hardly had any time to process what was happening before a loud sound of raw impact echoed through the classroom and various limbs were sent flying in all directions (which, fortunately, entirely missed the Flinders even if by just a few centimeters).

She watched the wreckage with mouth agape for the second time in just a few minutes. No sound came out, so strong was the shock; her eyes were trained on Travis, wide from being perplexed. She had no idea how to react, what to say or think, nor anything else, frozen in space and time with the situation. Fortunately for her (and unfortunately for another poor soul), there was another crash in the same room not too long after. It served to snap her out of it. She shook her head roughly to bring herself to reality, gaze zeroing in on the unconscious Sturt a few ways away from them.

'This is my chance!'

"Professor, if you'd like, I can take her to the infirmary." The Flinders girl raised a hand while she spoke to get Andrea's attention. Not only did she work there, but carrying that student to the room wouldn't take half as much effort when she could merely use her wand to artificially lower her weight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Professor Teaching Staff ☆ Wandless Magic ProfessorTecri
29 year old Pureblood Human ☆ She/Her/Hers

 Andrea was starting to wonder if these kids were on drugs or something. As far as she was concerned the class was moving smoothly until someone decided to go all Rambo on the poor mannequin and pulled it so had that it got destroyed on impact. It was interesting, the way the young man had done it, so be able to get hit with the mannequin and still stand? That was indeed interesting. Before she could finish her chain of thought she had to duck before she got hit with a piece of the mannequin. The class however, proceeded with two more students being able to pull the spell successfully.

As Andy thought things were picking up, and that it was the time for the class to start getting interesting, another student got hit with the mannequin, who do these kids think they are? Hercules? She massaged her forehead for a few seconds before looking at Miss Richards, who was talking, Andy didn’t get half the things the girl was saying, but it was irrelevant, she understood enough. She looked at the young Flinder’s girl and took a deep breath.

“Go ahead Miss Richards, you can take Miss Stewart to the hospital wing.” She spoke. She wasn’t going to stress too much about it, they would have other opportunities to use the spell she loved so much, and she would be able to have some fun, that didn’t involve her class being cut short. “Class is dismissed, whoever wants to leave is welcomed to, who wants to stay is welcomed as well. I will stay here in case anyone needs anything.” She was sure there were a couple of students that wouldn't mind staying, learn a few things, perhaps even get some answers to the questions they have, it was up to them if they wanted to remain in the classroom or not. If students remained she'd have no choice but to come with another plan and possible another spell. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bourke ☆ Seventh Year ✩ Kaitore
17 year old Halfblood Werewolf ☆ HE/HIM

There had been no urgency for him to notice the aftermath of the exploded Dolores, no care for the collateral damage that had been caused what so ever. What did he look like? A 'Good Person'? That dummy had it coming anyway, making his best friend so upset as it did! Or, at least, so he thought as it seemed that even his championing in her honor did nothing to ease the tension that seemed to urge and wrap through Meadow's muscles. It caused him to furrow his brow and huff out as if he were offended, only to see her quick to offer assistance to what seemed to be someone getting knocked out by a mannequin. Weak, it seemed to immediately lose his attention and he'd already felt as if his proper defense for his pack hadn't been properly reciprocated! 

It didn't matter, he did what any proper alpha wolf would've done regardless of the accolades or not of it. Feeling at least a monicrum of success for his posturing, his attention then shifted towards the Professor even after she called the class to be dismissed, he stayed sitting. The entire reason he'd taken all three classes had been to stay and stare and now he'd been given -ample- time to do just that. Why wouldn't he take the chance knowing that now? No one that would have the leash to pull him away had been around now. 

Travis' fingers constantly flexed at the edge of his table, a heated breath expelled from his lips. Part of him had been trying to gain a grasp on himself but the young man had been far too gone into the control of his nature for the moment. As if he were an apex predator that found its prey and simply had been waiting for it all to clear before moving on in to feast. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spencer ☆ Seventh Year ☆ Guitarist/Vocalist - Local School Hero!✩ Kaitore
20 year old Halfbreed Sorceraic ☆ HE/HIM

Alex leveled the phone to look at the picture he'd taken with the Dolores he'd picked, luckily enough it'd been perfectly in tact. Not that he couldn't change that if he -really- wanted to but hadn't there been enough Doll-I-Cide for the day? "You know, you better hope Cassy Cat doesn't get jealous." The young man glanced towards the mannequin as if it were going to answer before he started to pull it back to place where it had been before he pulled it towards himself. 

Just as he'd been positioning the object he heard -another- crash and his gaze lifted up to spot that Chloe had been clean knocked out. "Chloe!?" The instinct to go and assist the young Sturt struck him, though it seemed that the Flinder's girl had taken the intiative on that before he could. It had been a while since he'd been in a classroom with -this- must excitement and for once? HE WASN'T THE ACTUAL CAUSE. 

Now, on one hand? That felt really good, he'd been glad that he didn't set the entire class into the next big bonfire of Tallygarunga. However. . . That newly-budding healer inside of him couldn't bare to see another individual hurt if he could've assisted. "Here, let me help you out with her." He made his way towards Chloe and kneeled down slightly to loop one of her arms around his neck to offer a balance in carrying as he waited for Meadow - it had been like autopilot for him.

He didn't even -think- to ask for the Professor's permission in assisting with taking the young girl to the infirmary. Simply had been the way his brain had been operating, how he responded to emergencies of any matter. Waiting for confirmation in many cases seemed like a pretty bad idea in his mind than being proactive about it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Flinders ☆ Sixth Year Kirupachi
16 year old Pureblood Human ☆ She/Her

"Thank you." Meadow spoke, and just as she had finished replying, the Professor had declared that the class was officially dismissed. Perfect! If she dragged the Sturt student quickly enough to the Hospital Wing, it could be that she would have a chance of napping in one of the beds prior to the next class. Everything was turning out even better than the Flinders had hoped for, which served to boost her spirits minimally.

It seemed that a Spencer student had taken the initiative to help carry the latest flying doll victim - not something she'd complain about, as it was less weight for her to carry, even if she had initially planned to lower it with magic. Noticing instead that the girl's desk had a bag on it, she raised a hand, wandlessly performing an Accio without bothering to mutter the incantation. The backpack quickly flung itself towards the Fliders' hand, which she deftly caught and then hung over her shoulder.

"Let's go." She nodded to Alexander in gratitude as she took the other arm of the unconscious girl, hoisting it around her shoulders much like that same student's bag, and proceeding to lead her out of class so to get the help she needed - Meadow hoped the girl wouldn't be knocked out for too long, as head injuries were nothing to play with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sturt ☆ Sixth Year ☆ School & Sturt Quidditch Team Captain, Chaser & Dueling Club CaptainKirupachi
16 year old Halfblood Human ☆ She/Her

Things were moving quite quickly: two students had taken care of her desk partner almost immediately (fortunately, as she didn't exactly want to ditch the lesson), and, much to her chagrin, the class was subsequently dismissed. It wasn't something that minimally pleased Lisa, not one bit; she was in that classroom to have perfect grades and to win points in the name of her team. With Chloe out of commission, it only meant that she had to win enough points for two people.

She wasn't going anywhere.

The effort had to start then and there. Seeing as most students were readily leaving the classroom upon the declaration of a free period, Lisa turned to face the chaos behind her and proceeded to fix it all - retrieve the doll to its rightful place, glue parts back to it that had been jolted out from the impact, and straighten the classroom presentation so no chair and desk looked like it had been knocked out of place: all without a wand, and without so much as an incantation. A victorious, confident smirk covered her lips with a job well done.

Unfortunately for Travis, it seemed that there would be no time alone for him and his Professor - Lisa went back to her desk and sat down, awaiting further instructions. She had nothing to do with that time past attending class, given that all her teammates were in classes themselves, as well as the people she usually spent time with; and to go with that, she didn't think there would be enough time for her to focus on any given activity due to being smack dab in the middle of a school day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Professor Teaching Staff ☆ Wandless Magic ProfessorTecri
29 year old Pureblood Human ☆ She/Her/Hers

The event unfolded before her eyes, she was too tired to even comment on anything. Whatever Alex had given her wasn’t working, or was taking longer to achieve the desired result, she knew what would perk her up, but unfortunately it was frowned upon and there were kids in the classroom. Meadow and Alex decide to take Chloe out to the hospital wing, a safe choice, but she doubted the girl suffered a severe head trauma, but again, she wasn’t a healer, while she was very good at many thing, being a nurse or a doctor was something, she clearly didn’t have the right personality to be one.

She was hopping to not get any students in the classroom but surprisingly she ended up with two of them, Lisa, a girl who seemed to live for high grades regardless of what happened to others, someone Andy could relate to. And Travis, which by now Andy realized what was happening, and she didn’t mind. She took a deep breath and watched the two remaining students, what was she going to do now?

“Since there’s only two of you, how about you practice some spells? You’re both free to leave whenever you want.” She made sure they both knew that they could easily leave whenever they desired, the rest of the class did. “And if you have any problems with a spell feel free to ask for assistance.” She spoke looking at them. She took a seat on her desk and watched the students before her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bourke ☆ Seventh Year ✩ Kaitore
17 year old Halfblood Werewolf ☆ HE/HIM

He could smell the distancing of Meadow's scent retreating from the area, at this point it had just been 'another random smell' to him, however. An inconsequential person in comparison to the hunt he found himself on. The clearing out of several students had been a good start for him, at least it looked as it would've been such until one student seemed to linger behind. A heavy huff of air pulsed passed his nostrils in annoyance to the fact that he could still smell Lisa within the immediate vicinity. It had been a delay, though his message seemed to have been sent loud and clear which meant, now? Now it was merely the game of a predator waiting out its prey before striking.

All Lisa's presence did had been to stoke the flames which had almost always been a far more positive thing. His gaze lifted up towards the Professor with a glance that showcased that he hadn't planned on leaving anytime soon. The ship had long be sailed when it came to that chance for him and all he could do had been to wait out until it settled into a proper port. He felt the thrill of the moment inside of himself, in a way that he hadn't felt before which fueled a sense of excitement from the whole ordeal in general, the hoops he found himself jumping through for the sake of following the whims of his desire without full consideration of what may or may not be known. 

Practicing spells, however, there were a few that flooded his mind and perhaps all for the wrong reasons. Even if they seemed perfectly right in his own mind's light and admittedly another surge of excitement that lit up across him from the sheer confidence and brass it would've taken for him to do what he had started to set into motion. Taking a piece of paper and a pen he began to scribe something on his surface before tracing a finger along the top of it to enact a spell that would scramble up the words, much like the one used by the Professor in a previous class. Once it had been set into place he used another spell that would brush the paper off of his desk and send it whirling through the air as if it had been picked up by a breeze before settling neatly at the center of the Professor's desk. 

That had to count as practicing with Wandless magic too, didn't it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sturt ☆ Sixth Year ☆ School & Sturt Quidditch Team Captain, Chaser & Dueling Club CaptainKirupachi
16 year old Halfblood Human ☆ She/Her

An eyebrow arched upwards with mild annoyance - absolute free reign? There wasn't a single task to be had or a trick they could employ to improve their spell casting? Was the Professor clueing them in to ditch the classroom in general? It irritated the Sturt - as a student, she was there to learn. Even if her generally good mood served to attenuate her level of displeasure, the way the leftover students were being 'ditched', in her point of view, stuck out like a sore thumb.

A blur caught in her field of vision made the blonde's head turn just enough to catch a piece of paper soaring, clearly coming from Travis' desk, only to land on the Professor's. It caught her off guard - a student sending little notes to a teacher? So openly, for that matter? Lisa wasn't one to jump to such conclusions all that often, but it was hard not to given the situation. Did the Bourke have a death wish?

She had always known the man to be a flirt, but to be so brazen as to imply it in an open classroom was something that wasn't sitting well in the Sturt's stomach - but, better safe than sorry. Even if she felt like the whole situation she was making up in her head was tremendously unlikely, Lisa used that as a solid reason to stay for longer. If anything, she could prevent something that would be in really poor taste and unethical to an infinite degree from occurring.

It seemed that she had no choice but practice on her own. Aiming to distract herself, she enchanted one of the mannequins of the classroom to move on its own; it was as if she was a puppeteer. Perhaps she could entertain herself long enough that way...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...