Cbox
Guest enabled! No advertising, and be nice! Not much happening here? Check out our Discord!
Welcome to Tallygarunga, an original roleplay set in the Harry Potter universe. Set in present-day Australia, tensions are high between the Ministry of Magic and the only Ministry-run wizarding school in the country. Become like the other snooty private schools? Not a chance.

Originally established in August 2006, Tallygarunga prides itself on an inclusive and active community. Once part of the Tally family, always part of the Tally family. Whether you're here for the first time, the thousandth time, or returning after a long time---welcome home.
Staff
Sadrienne
Founder
LilyCat
Admin
Kaitore
Sturt
Flinders
Spencer
Bourke
Tallygarunga
a non-canon au potterverse roleplay
August, 2019 :: Winter

Sturt ☆ Sixth Year ☆ School & Sturt Quidditch Team Captain, Chaser & Dueling Club CaptainKirupachi
16 year old Halfblood Human ☆ She/Her

Sneaking Aspen into the Sturt Common Area (and Lisa's room, ultimately) had been a fairly simple affair, gone through without a hitch. Smack dab in the middle of the break, the pair managed to move throughout the school mostly unnoticed during the day; as they hung out and spend time by themselves, everyone had forgotten Aspen was present, let alone not supposed to be there. When it came to dinner time, so not to raise suspicion, Lisa headed out on her own to retrieve food. Given that she was an athlete, nobody said a word pertaining her taking a large quantity of nourishment along with her. They ate together in the privacy of the Sturt dormitory room as the sun set, but that only reminded her that the main event had yet to be set in motion.

"So." She spoke up. By then she had moved to sit on her bed after changing to her sleeping clothes, back pressed against the headrest while she glanced over at her friend. "You said something about truth or dare, right? I like my challenges and all, but I feel like I have to place some ground rules for both our sakes. When it comes to dares, while I like a good challenge, let's not make it so we have to do things either of us can get kicked out of Captaincy for, alright?" Which, unfortunately, were a great deal of things she found fun. But, they had to work with with what they got, or else there would be a hefty price to pay. "So, within the confines of this room, without causing any damage we can't get rid of."

She let Aspen get any additional rule in before speaking up again. "If that sounds fair to you, you can start because I'm picking dare." Of course she was. 'Truth' was not something she was awfully inclined to pick as a default. There were things that she just didn't want to talk about, and she wanted to honor the premise of the game and not lie.

Bourke ☆ Seventh Year ☆ Student, Quidditch Chaser, Paper GirlTecri
17 year old Halfblood Human ☆ she/her

It had been easy enough, last few times Aspen decided an adventure like this she almost got caught in one of her adventures, but today things had gone smoothly, Lisa seemed to know what she was doing, which made Aspen wonder if Lisa had done something like this before, it didn’t bother her, she found it quite amusing that Lisa would even do something like this, to begin with.

Aspen was sitting on the floor in the middle of the room and was already with some sleeping clothes on. She watched as Lisa sat on her bed. Lisa seemed to like a good challenge, but she was right, they couldn’t let their little fun game to ruin their place in the Quidditch team, they had to move carefully when it came to their dares. “Alright, seems fair. I have no rules to add, so we're good to go.”

It wasn’t a surprise, Lisa had picked dare. Aspen looked at the Sturt and thought for a while before turning to her. “I dare you to make a handstand and walk around the room.” Aspen said with a smile on her lips. “And I pick dare as well.”

Sturt ☆ Sixth Year ☆ School & Sturt Quidditch Team Captain, Chaser & Dueling Club CaptainKirupachi

"A handstand? After dinner? Are you trying to kill me, Captain?" Despite her phrasing, Lisa seemed fairly amused at the thought. Not being one to ever back down from a challenge, she scooted over to the edge of the bed, getting up once her bare feet touched the ground. She reached over for a scrunchy she kept on her nightstand and secured her hair with it, not wanting it to get caught up in the little 'walk'. Ensuring that there was enough room for her to kick her legs upwards without hitting something (or Aspen, Merlin forbid), the Sturt tipped her body forward, keeping her arms straight as her hands approached the ground. As they came in contact with it she supported herself in a vertical line without much difficulty, not needing any assistance to do so. Her sleeping tank top was tight enough that it didn't descend too much with the switch of gravity, not that Lisa would've cared either way.

"Shall we?" She started making her way around the room, step by step - which, to be fair, was mostly around Aspen than anything as the room itself wasn't too large, even with the perks acquired from Captaincy. She tried to make it quicker than she normally would, not wanting the food she had recently ingested to start obeying the laws of physics as well. "Why are you sitting there? You can go somewhere more comfortable, you know." She talked with some effort while circling the girl, eventually kicking back down to release herself from what she deemed to be stomach torture, completing her task.

"Actually, before you do. You have to do ten push ups..." A fairly simple task, if not for the catch. "...With me sitting on your back." She said while crouching enough to meet Aspen at eye level, wearing a mischievous smile on her lips. The games were about to begin. "I'll go for a second dare after that."

It wasn’t Aspen’s intention to kill Lisa, after all, she needed the other teen, and besides, Aspen couldn’t deny her little high school girl crush on her fellow Sturt anymore, not to herself at least, everyone else that asked she was going to deny it. Aspen saw how Lisa was able to do a handstand so easily, impressive. Aspen clapped at the Sturt’s short victory.

As Aspen was about to get up to go to a place that was more comfortable, she heard what Lisa wanted her to do. Ten push-ups weren’t that hard, sure with Lisa’s weight might be more difficult, but Aspen was used to some hard training, doing it with Lisa on her shouldn’t be too hard. “Alright, let’s do this.” Aspen said as she prepared to do the push-ups with Lisa sitting on her back. “Just try not to fall.” She commented as she poisoned herself for Lisa to do what she said she wanted.

At first, the task was hard, but after the fifth push up it became easier, probably because Aspen’s body was used to the extra weight. When Aspen was done and Lisa was off her, the Bourke sat on the bed. “Okay … so…another dare…I dare you to tell me what is it that you fear most in life and why.” Aspen tried to rig the game, forgetting two can play it.

“Oh! I pick dare too.”

A grin in victory spread across Lisa's lips as the dare was accepted. The girl climbed onto Aspen's back once she faced the floor, careful not to hurt the girl, sitting on her with her legs crossed and arms extended out for balance. "Okay, you can start now." Lisa's height made it so she wasn't as light as an average girl would be, but credit where it was due, Aspen managed to withstand the weight in full and complete the task. To say Lisa was impressed would be quite the understatement.

"Bravo. Not bad at all." She spoke once getting off the girl, letting her breathe, and standing upright, watching as she went to sit on Lisa's bed. She reached up to her hair and removed the scrunchy, placing it back on her nightstand, and then joined Aspen by sitting in the exact same spot she had been earlier, legs outstretched. As a joke, she poked Aspen's side with a toe.

"Well, that's just cheating, isn't it?" She didn't seem too upset about it, despite her words. "Good question though. Let's see..." She looked away, mulling it over in her head. The first thing that came to mind was to meet Jane again. That was something she deeply feared, that she knew would have to happen sooner or later; but at the same time, that wasn't her biggest fear. Something that exceeded it was, easily, hurting someone else the way she hurt her, and Hailey, and who knew how many others at that point.

She was about to reply exactly that, and opened her mouth to do so, but closed it momentarily. "No, that's not it..." She muttered to herself, brows furrowing as she searched for an answer in her mind. It took her a few additional seconds before she had her eureka moment, eyes widening with the realization before she looked back at Aspen.

"Oh, I know. Dying young. I guess you could say it's a bit of a Knotley family curse, everybody dies in their thirties." Her father had made it into his forties, barely, before succumbing as well. Was that the fate that expected both herself and her brother? Would she have limited time to write her wrongs?

"Now, now, dare... I dare you to... Massage my feet. Long day and all." She poked her side with her toe for a second time, having a bit of a teasing smirk in her face as she did. A little ribbing didn't hurt. "I'll take a dare myself, unless you're going to cheat again."

Aspen was proud of her own strength, it was nothing unusual really but with all her exercises she was used to a lot of things, and obviously becoming stronger physically was a perk, especially as a Chaser in a Quidditch team, one might not think much of it, but it wasn’t as easy as people thought. She shrugged when Lisa suggested it was cheating, was it though? It was still a dare, regardless of what it was supposed to be done.

She laughed at Lisa, right after she was about to answer she had quit, that was no fun and perhaps Lisa was, in fact, lying about it, it didn’t matter much to Aspen, maybe Lisa just wasn’t ready to share something, even if it did hurt the Bourke a little bit.

“That’s indeed a curse.” Luckily for Aspen, her father was still alive, but her mother wasn’t, and her sister was gone, she couldn’t complain much, others were in worse situations. “Massage your feet? Sure.” An easy task, Aspen quickly grabbed the feet and tickled it before beginning the massage on the Sturt’s foot. “Hmm…dare dare dare…” Aspen thought as she continued the massage on the other girl’s foot. “Let’s see…I dare you to jump from this bed to the other.” Aspen looked at the other bed, it was a manageable distance, but it could still be dangerous if someone didn’t have enough practice.

“And I go dare.”

A sense of relief washed over Lisa as she wasn't pressed for questions pertaining her family history. It was something that she could dodge under the game's titular umbrella, certainly, but at the same time it wasn't something she felt like was anybody's business, and she didn't have to say so for Aspen to respect it. For that, she was thankful, and a small smile tugged at the corner of her lips in gratitude despite having just referenced something she was horrified of.

Her foot jerked mildly in reaction to the tickling and a soft giggle escaped her throat just before the torture stopped. "Evil." Despite the apparent insult, she was quite pleased with the situation, and the smile had been pushed into a grin from ear to ear in amusement. She didn't pull her limb away, letting the traitor handle the massage nevertheless. It was quite relaxing, and something she didn't get that much of anymore for quite a while at that point; it was truly a blessing to be able to get one free of charge that night.

"Huh? You're making me get up already?" As soon as the massage started, it was doomed to end. "Okay, fine." Lisa moved away from Aspen's hands and stood on the bed, back to the wall. "Here's hoping the bed doesn't break." Not that they couldn't repair it, but she didn't exactly look forward to potentially getting injured. Measuring the distance, she gained some momentum as she stepped towards the edge of the bed and jumped, clearing the gap with an impressive hang time; however, as soon as her feet touched the vacated mattress, she tripped and fell haphazardly on the bed after a small yelp with the lack of balance. It resulted in her bursting out laughing as her face landed on a pillow. All in all, it could've been much worse!

"You owe me like a million for that one." The Sturt protested as she rose to a seating position, laughter calming down before she got up and went back to her proper seat. In her wake laid a very, very disorganized bed. "You know you're gonna have to sleep in that, right?" They could very well fix it with magic, but the image was something she found quite amusing.

"Alright, your turn. We're not anywhere near the fun zone enough, so, let's see..." What would be something interesting to ask, that wasn't too invasive? "I dare you to tell me... What's your type? I've never seen you around with anyone." Invasive, but not too much, right? She realized she was bending the rules as well, but if Aspen could do it, so could Lisa. "I'll take a dare too." It should be changed to 'dare or dare' game at that point, she thought.

Aspen loved the reaction Lisa had during the tickles. She enjoyed doing that to people, mostly to test people’s reactions to it, Lisa’s had been hilarious. “I’ll finish it up later.” Aspen spoke upon hearing Lisa complain about the massage. If they weren’t going to continue their game Aspen wouldn’t have minded.

Lisa succeeded in the jump, Aspen had no doubt that the Sturt would be able to do such a thing without any complications. Even if Lisa had lost her balance, she seemed to have found the situation amusing, which made Aspen smile as she watched her friend laughing on the other bed. “I owe you? Fine, I’ll continue to massage your precious feet.” Aspen said looking at Lisa with a goofy face.

It was a surprise that Lisa was playing the same game as Aspen. “Alright…It’s not really a type since isn’t exclusive, but strong and fit people have my attention.” She replied as she looked at her. It wasn’t like she couldn’t look past appearances, she could but she was naturally attracted to those sorts of people, didn’t mean she couldn’t be attracted to other types. “But you haven’t seen me with anyone, because I’m too good at keeping away from prying eyes.” Aspen replied, not thinking much about it.

“Okay…the same goes for you, are you dating anyone? I see you and Travis do hang a lot. and I go dare.”

"I'm not gonna say no to that." The Sturt said with a relaxed smile at the offer - Aspen was no longer bound by the dare, but who was Lisa to reject such a thing? She cautiously maneuvered her own two feet to lay atop the Bourke's lap, careful not to make her physically uncomfortable when doing so by accidentally pressing her heels down too hard or some sort of other potential incidents. Leaning back on the headrest of the bed, she watched as Aspen worked that fine massaging magic that Lisa couldn't help but be a big fan of.

The way Aspen replied to the "dare" caused the Sturt to raise an eyebrow questioningly, as she found the manner with which she had opted to phrase things to be of interest. It was something she could relate to as well, from her own past - at least, that had been the plan and she hoped nobody in Penrose discovered her little indiscretions (not only was it a secret to begin with, but it would make her memory charm go sour very quickly). Though, she had a hunch that the Bourke wasn't seeing anybody at the moment - if not for the feeling of attraction she got from the girl, it was made obvious by the ridiculous amount of time the two spent together. In theory, she would have very little time for anybody else that wasn't her family or their sport of choice.

"You're not even going to tell me you dare me to say you now, is that how this is?" She couldn't help but throw the little joke her way. After a chuckle, she decided to respond anyway. "I guess I'll give you some juicy information, take it as a reward for that massage. I'm not dating anyone, and I haven't dated anyone since stepping foot in this school." Would 'dating' be the accurate term to define herself and her ex-girlfriend? They had been each other's partners, but they had never gone on a date proper. The terminology was quite confusing to say the least. "As for Travis, that's never gonna happen. No offense to him, he's a good guy, he's just... not my type, in a manner of speaking. As for the 'juicy' part of things, I'm actually not the type to mindlessly date. If I go for it, I actually do like the person and want to be together from the start." Or so her past indicated. She imagined that if she didn't have the past that she did, she probably would've been okay with the occasional fling, but at that point it wasn't meant to be.

The dare took quite a bit to come up with. She pursed her lips while thinking of a suitable task - she didn't want anything that would halt the massage again. Did she have to resort to 'cheating' again? "Let's just change the name of the game to 'truth or truth' at this point, shall we?" She couldn't resist the quip, not having much of a choice if she wanted to perpetuate the feeling of relaxation upon her skin - it would have to be another truth, or calling it off entirely. She opted for the latter, for the sake of sanity. "I dare you to call this game off, join me here..." She patted the portion of the bed beside herself. "...And watch a movie with me or something. We still have a couple hours to go before lights out and I don't plan on spending it pretending we're doing dares."

Aspen continued the massage on the younger girl, it wasn’t something she would mind doing, she wouldn’t mind receiving either. She watched Lisa’s reaction to her reply, it seemed that Lisa was surprised? Maybe she wasn’t that surprised, and the expression just showed something else entirely different.

She didn't even bother to dare Lisa, they’ve been playing that game for a while and it was useless by now saying it, they both knew where that was going to end up to, but Lisa began talking. Aspen was quite surprised with the reply that Lisa had given her, and it only made her more curious to know the type that Lisa was into, maybe she played in Aspen’s field, which in a way brought a smile to the Bourke’s face. She understood where Lisa was going, mindless dating someone wasn’t something Aspen would do unless she felt attracted to that person.

Lisa finally called the game for what it was, a truth or truth game since they … Aspen bent the rules a little bit. The dare was not something Aspen was expecting, but she agreed to it and sat next to Lisa. “We can also make a bet and see who’s the first that falls asleep while watching the movie.” Aspen knew she couldn’t escape it, she was the one that was going to lose.