Cbox
Guest enabled! No advertising, and be nice! Not much happening here? Check out our Discord!
Welcome to Tallygarunga, an original roleplay set in the Harry Potter universe. Set in present-day Australia, tensions are high between the Ministry of Magic and the only Ministry-run wizarding school in the country. Become like the other snooty private schools? Not a chance.

Originally established in August 2006, Tallygarunga prides itself on an inclusive and active community. Once part of the Tally family, always part of the Tally family. Whether you're here for the first time, the thousandth time, or returning after a long time---welcome home.
Staff
Sadrienne
Founder
LilyCat
Admin
Kaitore
Sturt
Flinders
Spencer
Bourke
Tallygarunga
a non-canon au potterverse roleplay
November, 2019 :: Spring

Bourke ☆ Seventh Year ✩ Kaitore
17 year old Halfblood Werewolf ☆ HE/HIM

The soft presence of her warm and soft lips had been surprisingly smooth, in his mind he didn't think they'd feel so inviting. Then again, he also didn't think he would be kissing her or could've predicted that her lips began to receive and press back on pure reflex. This caused him to linger for just a bit more, taking in the moment while their lips overlapped one another in a soft and eased touch while his arm wrapped around her waist to pull her just a bit closer. It took a while for his mind to register that he needed to pull away for just a moment, just to see if it had been the kind of walk that the young teen wanted to engage in with him. With someone that had been considered an important friend he didn't want there to be some kind of hidden obscurity, that a certain amount of openness needed to be necessary when it came towards what one could potentially expect. 

He chuckled softly, as an amused smile curved on his face. Even when things were confusing to her, even when she'd been out of her depth in what had been happening to her or around her. She always still seemed to be 'Amber', the teen that tended to just work with what came at her and took it in a sense of stride. At least, that had been the depiction that he held of her. Words would need to be eschewed for now, Travis leaning once more to press his lips against hers except it held far more of a heated passionate touch behind it rather than just a simple press of them. His arms wrapped around her waist and then picked her up with the full call of his strength to bring her towards the bed. . . 

Fade to Black!

Travis' dormitory's state could be considered a whirlwind of mess. Things had been on the floor, such as the seats from the unused bed and the once orderly and neat collection of books and what not on his desk being disheveled and uneven, as if it'd been bumped against several times on different sides that caused their edges to press against the wall, as much as the desk had been pushed even further against it than it had bene before. Clothing littered the floor haphazardly, almost as if it had been a random trail that led to no where specific. However, it all ended where it started, back on his own bed where he'd wrapped the blanket around Amber, mostly to offer that moment of brief modesty after an encounter. 

It'd been one thing to let the heat take over and to guide, it often tended to be after the fact that things could start allowing bashfulness to take hold of the mind. When the actions, the thoughts, realizing it'd been yourself placed there and it constantly replaying as if it were a theater of disbelief. He'd been covered himself, having the brunette's head on his lap while he sat back against the wall and pressed the tip of his hand through the waves of her hair. "How are you feeling?" He'd been asking about her physical state, not so much the emotional as of yet. The amount of endurance that needed to be expended by him in order to feel even close to 'satisfied' had been enormous. 

While the woman had been well-fit, trained, and durable by all accounts compared to most Human's that he met there still remained an uncertainty of how well her body would feel afterwards. Even keeping in mind of the fact that it had also been her first time entirely, which had him far more impressed than he would've admitted in words so easily. "Want me to. . . Get you some water?"

Spencer ☆ Fifth Year ☆ Spencer Quidditch Team Seeker, Pro Wrestler✩ Kirupachi
16 year old Halfblood Human ☆ She/Her

The whole encounter was naught but a blur in the Spencer's mind at that point, late in the afternoon. She hadn't warned a soul that she'd be unreachable, or where she'd be for that matter past a simple reply on QuillBook pertaining whom she was visiting; while it was the last thing on her mind, rumors were bound to occur without either of them even saying a word over what had happened between them. Amber herself was very disheveled, quietly resting under a blanket with her head set upon her temporary lover's lap, eyes fixated on the ceiling directly above herself with no real purpose. For once in her life, her body thoroughly refused to move an inch from its resting place.

She was brought out of her reverie by Travis' words. At first she didn't catch their meaning, looking at the boy reflexively instead. It was a stark reminder of their state of undress despite the modest covers, which in turn led to her forever tanned skin to shift to a dark red hue. Had they really just done that? Why did she go along with it? Why did she enjoy it? As her body calmed down from the little adventure the two had engaged in, her mind went into overdrive with brutal embarrassment just like it had before the fact.

"...Sore." It was the first word that came to mind. "Well... Twice as sore? I guess... I mean, from what I expected to be like at the end 'o the day when it got started... Hah..." A mild nervous laughter died off in her throat, and she brought her hand to her face in a half-hearted attempt to hide it. Instead, she got a nice feel of the accumulated perspiration on her forehead that had made bangs of her hair stick to it. She removed her hand afterwards, not bothering to clean it on the blanket - it was the least of her worries.

"...Probably a good idea..." She conceded to the glass of water. She probably needed more than just a glass - the Spencer needed to just dunk herself in gallons of it from the amount of sweat that covered her from head to toe, among other fluids.

Everything still had been somewhat of a haze, even to himself. Not because the encounter had been bad, but it'd been -good-. If not for the fact she told him and other signs at the start of things building up, he wouldn't have guessed her to have been a virgin. Even so, he still couldn't see the Spencer as 'Just a random girl' that he bedded. Even knowing what he was without ever saying it bluntly she'd been more than willing, accepting, of where things had been heading and even with the choice to leave she wanted to jump into it before thoughts could intrude and make a much larger deal than it should've been. With the heat of the moment rapidly dying down, the hot tension of the air cooling into an eased caress of  contentment, he found himself treating Amber in a tender way to at least show that, through action, she had still been seen as an important person in his sight and touch. 

"Twice so-. . . Oh right, you actually came from somewhere." The fact she managed to keep up as she had even after expending herself previously? That set a whole new light in his eyes on the durability of the young teen, in the most favorable way. "Haha, I would say I'm sorry about that but. . . I really enjoyed myself there." Even as he spoke there'd been the obvious sign that he hadn't even reached his endurance limit, that there had been far more to give and he'd been, interestingly enough, considerate of the limits Amber may have held. He found the nervous laughter cute, not expecting her to be the type to given in to a sense of embarrassment. Considering, however, he reaction of its newness for her in terms of what she'd done? It made perfect sense still. 

An arm raised up and finger traced along a section of the wall that had been nearby as a small door opened up and slid off towards the side. "Took me a few years to make this little hide-a-way." He snickered roguishly and then took out what seemed to be a bottle of water which had just been one of many kept inside and handed it towards Amber. "You know, if you. . . Enjoyed it I wouldn't mind doing it again." There had been something in him that wondered about how long she'd hold up when her body had been fully recuperated and not held back by previous weariness.  He could only imagine the extensive nature of her workout that kept her in such good shape to still manage that much energy. 

Travis felt that many people could say what they wanted about him, however, he'd been honest with his intentions many times when it came to people. "You can stay here a bit longer too." He knew how that sounded but it had been far more about the practicality that she probably needed the strength built back up to move before she ended up heading back for one reason or another."We can even go over different kinds of designs for your attire." A obvious sign that amongst the heat, the horny lustful nature that had led the two of them into his bed, he hadn't forgotten the primary purpose for the Spencer's visit, keeping it as an important part of his mind as work that needed to be done. 

"Can even tell me how you got into wrestling."

Amber's gaze idly followed Travis' hand for no reason in particular past needing a distraction; despite her outward exhaustion, surprise was still very visible in her expression once the older teenager opened a hidden compartment in the wall, her childlike curiosity at the opening making her temporarily forget about the deeply embarrassing situation she got herself into. Removing her head from his lap, the Spencer held the blanket close to her body unconsciously for modesty while the other one reached for the bottled water handed to her. She pried the lid open between her thumb and her index finger and took a big swig of the liquid, before nearly choking as Travis spoke up again.

She managed to reflexively stop drinking the water before she could actually choke, although her head still sunk reflexively as she tried to stop it from happening. She pulled the bottle away from herself and covered her mouth with the other hand, causing the blanket to lightly descend from not being held up anymore. Cheeks burned red at the idea of that whole event happening again - but, did she actually mind it?

Shaking her head to snap back into attention, she took the time to put the lid back on the bottle, and fetched the blanket again to cover herself properly. Instead of going back to Travis' lap she rested beside him, back to the wall. Wanting to spare her mind from further indecent thoughts (not that their current lack of an outfit helped it any) she latched on to the bone Travis was throwing in the form of a different topic.

"How I got into it? Ya mean how I became a fan or how I started doin' it? Then again, I can just go through both..." She shrugged. "I don't think I was never not a fan. Been watching for as long as I can remember. Part of the reason why I always wanted to fly, really. My parents ended up shoving me into gymnastics lessons because 'o that. Had to leave eventually, sure, but that kinda laid the groundwork for me being a bit of a fitness junkie."

Reminiscing over her parents supporting her choices and motivating her to achieve her dream of flying brought a small smile to her face as she looked away, gaze winding up looking at the slightly less used bed across the room. "Then stuff happened, I came here, got into amateur wrestlin' instead. Couple years down the line, turns out one of my parents' friends ran his own pro wrestling promotion. Halfbreed dude. Offered to train me outta respect for my parents. The rest is history."

His eyes followed the drift of the sheets from her upper body, he didn't see the need for modesty but also had been acutely aware that it had been a first time for her. It was a charged and embarrassing moment, yet, he couldn't but stare for just a moment at the beauty that had been her shape and form. Hunger for more -did- still exist within him, however, the energy that the Spencer could truly offer wasn't at a point that he found should be tested. At least not yet. . . There would be other times, better times, but for the time being it would've been prudent to allow for both of them to collect themselves and for him to - in all honesty - understand one of the people he interacted with on a daily basis. 

Travis sat back, an almost goofy grin smeared over his face. He hadn't thought that the offer would cause such a reaction, to see an actual blush on her cheeks once more had been a topping on top of an already good day in his opinion. Even if the intention on why she came hadn't been fully reached, it'd succeeded and the job was on its way to getting started. And the added bonus of rolling around with someone who could ease a good portion of the urges seemed like an upside of his condition in the moment. The aftermath, however, would be something he knew he'd have to deal with in someway. It was offer extended, an offer for her to think on and not press in the moment. 

"Both is pretty good, it will give me an idea of the outfit designs more as much as it would to give me a better idea of you." When it came down to it he didn't truly know what motivated, why the passions that caught her heart and mind -were- passions for her. "That explains why you're so shape and bendy, gymnastics isn't the kind of sport where you can be laxed at all in your regiment." It'd been one that required a unique limper nature and even slacking slightly could result in breaks or tears that not only ended careers but also could feel as if it would end an individuals life entirely. He sat back and listened, cracking open the bottle of water he held for himself and drinking from the spout of it every so often. 

"That's pretty cool, honestly. You don't really here many Half-Breed's going into a business due to the climate of things. So, it's pretty good that they managed to run it themselves and keep it going." Not that Travis expected there to be bigots around -every- corner but he also knew that the people that were truly accepting had been an increasingly small number even with the exposure of those that he had encountered. "Out of respect, huh. . .?" His gaze lowered for a moment, the bare skin of his arm nudged Amber in a gentle bump. "Sorry about your loss, Ams. I get it." Losing a single parent had been rough enough, losing both. . . He couldn't fathom the kind of internal struggle that could offer in dealing with the world. "Well, is there any kind of special symbol or unified image that your parents believed in? Maybe we can put that on your outfits? A kind of 'Shout Out' to honor them in your own loud way?"

Amber shrugged at the condolences. "S'fine, I'm over it." Scratching her chin as she considered what sort of 'icon' would best represent them, she decided to describe what she thought of them out loud. "Well, they were halfbreed rights activists 'n such, but I doubt it'll make a lotta sense bringing that up in a Muggle business, yeah? I guess... I guess that when I think back, two things come to mind. One, they kinda always supported me in wantin' to fly and such. Swung me super high in playgrounds, let me have shoulder rides, got me my first broom, that sorta thing. My style's more high flyin' than anything else so I guess they influenced it in a way."

After a sip of her own, she continued. "The second thing is this intense feeling of pride. I'm damn proud of what they did and how they died, and I'm pretty damn sure they'd do it all over again if they had to. Just... protectin' those that need protectin'. In a way it's what I wanna do too, just... In my own way? Through entertainment. Distract 'em enough to protect 'em from themselves, or something like that." Saying it out loud made the Spencer realize it sounded quite stupid, but she couldn't help how she felt. She knew that not everyone was like her - not everyone could just stand up and jump after something knocked them off their feet. If she could make it a little easier for people, she would.

"As for the halfbreed dude, y'know, it's kinda easier to make your business in the Muggle world where nobody'll know what the hell you are or give a fuck. Pretty sure it wouldn't be the same if the dude decided to open some sort of Quodpot league." A disturbing thought, but it was certainly something she hoped she would be able to help change once being an adult; at the time being she didn't have much in the means of influence to make anything work.

Travis' expression shifted, half amazed and half dumb-founded. How could she be 'over it'? It was a concept that didn't register within his mind, not with the fact that he saw the evidence and the deed unravel before his own eyes. Maybe that had been the stark difference, that she might not have really witnessed it. "If you're thinking that people in the Wizarding world would avoid someone's support or nature simply because they went into the Muggle world. . . That'd probably be pretty wrong." That had been him speaking on the premise of at least knowing a few Werewolves who tried to escape the society of wizards. Though perhaps he should've went for a different look, after all, different laws were mandated to different individuals simply on their conditions or situations. "I find that the small things do help to influence a lot of choices, probably don't even notice it until you take a far different look at it all."

Oddly enough, he hadn't touched much more of the water after his initial sip. "Sounds pretty legit, isn't that why most people go into some kind of entertainment? Not everyone will ever agree on what passes as -good- or proper entertainment. But everyone will always agree that it's intended to be a distraction, a brief moment to forget the worries in hopes of coming out refreshed or even just looking at their problems in a new light. At the very least without feeling as if the pressure of it will break them." From what he knew, many musician's, art phenoms and performer's took that kind of route not just for the chance at fame but to make some form of positive impact. Others. . . Others sought it for an agenda that could build some form of platform. 

"I wouldn't say 'easier', he'll always have the feeling and need to look over his shoulder. No matter which world he's in, it just makes it less likely that he'll piss someone off enough that it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. It isn't a matter of what the world you're -in- that matters as much as it does where you -came- from." That had been a feeling he knew well enough, one that even on the very school grounds of Tallygarunga he found himself always wary, always watching over his shoulder for when the shoe would drop and everything around him would start to burn. "If it had ever been that easy things wouldn't really be as bad as they are in comparison."

Travis' statement puzzled Amber. Why would they face discriminatory behavior in a Muggle business? Given the nature of the beast, it was controlled by Muggles by definition. They didn't know what a Veela was, or that Dhampir and Werewolves existed, among other various species. If it wasn't visible, why would the very Muggle-based product and target demographic disparage them? While there were a substantial amount of wizards that did consume Muggle forms of entertainment in Australia, none would dare to out such people - it was a violation of the International Stature of Secrecy. It felt very much like a situation where they'd either have to put up with it or simply not consume the product in her mind, and that was if they were aware of what the given person was through the crowd or a TV screen. Some non-humans and people like Amber were trained to be able to tell, but most wizards were not.

"Well, I'm not super sure of how that goes, I guess? But like, dude's well into his fifties and still kickin', so he's doin' something right. Not like he started his promotion yesterday." From what she knew, the man knew at least her father personally - the two often joked that given Amber's aerodynamic nature, she would become a fantastic professional wrestler. In a way, they foreshadowed her career's trajectory.

"Wouldn't it be a good idea to put yourself in that sorta position though? Somethin' like, say... If you think about it, lately, the halfbreed rights movement's been pickin' up some speed, yeah? Y'all have more than 'just a few' supporters." She raised a hand, making air quotes to add emphasis, oblivious to the fact she let Travis know she was tangentially aware he wasn't entirely human; but that wasn't something that bothered her anyway.

"So if ya put yourself in some sort of position of power, like, you're just well known in general, it'll be a shitstorm for anybody tryin' to hurt you while you have that sort 'o support. You get a ton more attention, too, but it also becomes way more dangerous for 'em, yeah? And with how quick news spread nowadays, it's not just something jackasses can sweep under the rug, I don't think." The one cousin she had who was completely out as a half-Veela (placing their familial relationship as a complete secret, consequently) had this modus operandi: she wasn't sure how the woman walked the line between instilling fear of retaliation and need to revolt, but whatever she was doing, it was working.

The look she showed him told him enough, his head shaking in resignation. Explaining something far more complex, something that hadn't been as simple as people from the outside had seen wasn't entirely meant for this particular evening. A true fact of the matter had been that those whom had already known, those that kept watch intentionally out of spite from any world or society would follow and continue to do so when the area had been ripe for targets and even more so with those willing to hold enough hate in themselves. And Wizardkind tended to hold to those grudges for a lengthy amount of time, especially with power at their fingertips that hadn't truly been as regulated as many would believe. 

"I doubt that it's 'doing something right' and more along the lines he's probably just preserving when things occur. There are a lot of behind the scene things that happen with a lot of business or entertainment models. Things that people that just go to watch or look don't see, the work put in after hours when everyone else is sore and someone else has to push forward even if they're tired." His back pressed against the wall and the tip of his finger traces along one of the scars on his arm. "Only to find out someone has taken the steps to play with your livelihood, to destroy your hard work or distort it so that you have to start all over again and work even -harder- or give up the progress entirely.

The fact the man had been in his Fifties meant he'd probably seen most of what people could throw at him, he wouldn't have doubted if at times giving up seemed like the far smarter option. After all, the Muggle world wasn't entirely exclusive to Muggles and the Wizarding world often crossed-over given the fact that not even currency itself had been different between the two. 

"No, it would actually make you a far bigger and juicer target. Position of Power offers you more to work with, sure, but that means nothing in a world where a single spell can obliterate an entire area if spoken swiftly and readily enough." Power did lend control, it held the potential to make changes - but it often had been far more of a smokescreen than actual power for most individuals. "And it's been shown before that those that aim towards those in a higher station have less care about being found out or even have a way to escape such notices until its far too late to stop what is set in motion."

His gaze shifted towards Amber. "To give you a better painting? A Single man managed to shake up Australia enough to send the entire Auror department on high alert and managed to make attacks against a person whose directly connected to the Minister of Magic of Australia himself." The man still had been at large at that, the obvious guile and gall of the individual had been near predatorially dangerous even by his own standards! While he knew from personal knowledge that it hadn't been due to the family being 'Half-Breed's', it gave enough to understand the extent people would be willing to go for dubious enough intentions.

He could feel the edge of his nails tracing along the scarred and maimed tissue of his skin. "That isn't to say that people shouldn't try. But it's hardly ever -that- easy and those that think it is are either lying to themselves, haven't faced the true depths of that cruelty to understand, or are far too focused on their manufactured worlds to see the full picture.

Amber's nose wrinkled as Travis kept politely railing against the point she was making - and who was she to tell him he was wrong? From what she could tell, everything indicated that the boy before her was a werewolf: he would know, first hand, what it was like to live under such tremendous persecution. Her family had been struck by the matter indirectly at best, even if with grieving results. There was no way the pair would hold the same perspective over the matter based on sheer experience and lack thereof.

However, she knew for a fact that what she spoke of was true, despite the contrast and reasoning she credited to the boy. Perhaps it was the case that those points of view coexisted - it was just a matter of who the individual was in particular, how they carried themselves, and their circumstances. Nothing was black and white, she had learned over time despite her 'jumping in head first and ask questions later' sort of attitude. It wasn't a 'one size fits all' sort of thing, that much she could tell. Perhaps each was correct in their own way?

"I guess so..." She conceded nonetheless. "Though I never said it was 'easy' or anythin'. Just meant it'd be somewhat more doable is all. Then again, my parents were loaded 'n they got their shit kicked in as humans, can only imagine what it'd be like for those folks." It was then that she noticed Travis tracing the various scars covering his forearms. Her gaze fell upon the marks etched through agony across his skin, and she felt uneasy. That had been the main giveaway to his condition. Amber didn't even want to imagine what it was like going through such torture, even if one could argue she was quite the masochist herself.

Acting on instinct, the Spencer leaned on Travis' arm from the side, her head landing on his shoulder. Reaching for the closest afflicted forearm, she did her own brand of tracing - slow, gentle calloused fingers out of years of playing guitar by herself explored the markings that would forever haunt the man and only grow worse every month until he met his end.

"...What can people like me do?" She wondered aloud, eyes and fingers distracted by the many scars. "To help in general, I mean. I've always made a point that I'd do my best to help out in that whole thing, 'n it's about time I start, eh?"

Perspective, it was a concept that held no specific answer of certainty but many answers that made a larger piece of a puzzle or view. He'd been aware that his sight hadn't been the primary or sole rule to those that lived in harsh times but it also could be considered what many view as an 'average'. Something that had been so common on some level that it had almost been expected of most that lived that form of life, that had no choice but to breathe it into themselves. 

There'd been a view that the young teen saw that he never truly witnessed, not that those of Non-human or Half-breed natures couldn't succeed in a job. It often meant that the troubles and trials were met with a different form or view. After all, there'd been a numerous amount of ways to pick at an individual where death would've been a far kinder gift. Regardless, he couldn't slap away the fact that she'd been aware and connected to people whom seemed to not hold those kind of active troubles. 

"There are a few that live openly about their existence as not entirely Human. So, yea, it's doable - but that's one of those 'It still has a cost' moments." Everything held one but what had the payment been? He knew there'd been a clinic headed by a Veela but there'd been a far more supportive underbelly that still needed a wealth of weaving to assist many of the oppressed that most likely showed up at the door. "But they probably wouldn't do it if they didn't think it was worth either. Something everyone has to judge for themselves." Even he had that moment recently, what was worth it? Did the course he'd originally been one truly warrant the cost he'd have paid in a myriad of ways?

Before his mind could dip into even projecting it within himself as a flash of images; eyes had been drawn towards Amber with her head resting on his shoulder. His cheek leaning against her head in an acceptable embrace while the tip of her fingers traced the grotesque scars that marked his arm. Her fingers had been rough, a sign of strong and dedicated work, yet for him they held an odd sense of comfort against the surface of his branded skin. 

"Ams. . ." The tone of his voice dropped into a whisper, he saw it, that desire of her wanting to help in someway. While he knew her parents had been apart of a movement and died from it, not everyone took to it with a genuine heart. Often following for other reasons; Hers seemed to be the genuine article. What could she do to help? There'd been many things people could do, it didn't always start with a loud voice making waves either in a march. "You do what you intended to do to get to people, entertain. It will give those that struggle regardless that means to forget those struggles for a moment and even aspire to be like the people they admire.

Travis' body didn't move or flinch, letting her trace as long as she'd wanted. "You've experience in knowing people, fighting for them but also you have something similar to many of them that makes you a louder voice. Loss from a cause that relates. Not all of them are as pessimistic as I am about the world. Many hope and see that change is possible and those are the kind of people that will be needed to make it a chance." He knew who he was, what scars marked his spirit and his mind - numerous as the ones that struck across his body. Things that made it harder for him to see, to not hold a far worse expectation about societies willingness to be fair. 

"And above all. . .? Just be you. No matter how others try to belittle you, because you're far more amazing than people give you credit." He'd been including himself in that, once he may have saw her as but a child but eventually. . .He saw that maturity in her when she'd been focused and adamant. 

Her life's work, her craft, her original goal could help halfbreeds in some manner? That wasn't something Amber had considered, but after giving it a once over in her mind as Travis brought it up, she could see how that was the case - providing a distraction could often bring people out of dark places and give them the strength to go on. That included people who faced persecution in the eyes of the Ministry and like-minded people. The very notion that she could pull those folks away from the brink in such a way reinvigorated her need to pursue what she deemed to be her destiny, even if she had previously thought her need for such a future couldn't grow further at that point.

Amber's tracing of the Bourke's scars came to a halt with the compliment abruptly; she didn't withdraw her touch at all, but her cheeks turned scarlet for what felt like the millionth time that afternoon, her cheek's warmth pressing down on the fellow teenager's bare shoulder. Compliments of the sort weren't ones she received often, and she found herself having a hard time believing them to begin with. Despite that, she couldn't help being content Travis truly saw her in that light.

"...Let's strike a deal, then." She tried regaining her composure as her fingers resumed their path. "...When I main event a show over in Japan, I'll send ya a front row ticket, yeah? Actually, nah. Make it when I main event Korakuen Hall, period. Has to be for a title or somethin'. Gonna make my damn best to get there." It was her dream, and to put such a heavy meaning behind it made her quest all the more crucial.

What many would call an 'unlikely' thing to make an impact, he considered it far more likely than most people would've even realized. People enjoyed the art that Amber put herself into not just for the suspense but for the showmanship that had often been showed. A respect for athletes willing to put their bodies through hell just for the sake of entertainment of others as much as it had been for trying to attain a personal dream. Two things being worked on with presence alone, a single action or move that could make the hearts of audience bump with adrenaline just from watching it. 

He hadn't expected the reaction of her pressing her cheek against his shoulder, the warmth that radiated from it felt. . . Nice. His hand raising up to brush several strands of hair behind her ears while his gaze shifted towards her, listening to the deal she desired to strike. "Alright, that's a deal. I'll make sure I'm on the sideline, a well sketched picture of your attire at the time and giving you every bit of cheer that I can." She had a plan, a goal, it seemed. Travis had originally never taken her as the type of person to have such a clear minded certainty and yet here she'd been, proving him wrong once more. A clear sign that one shouldn't judge by the daily encounters, that would always been something more and deeper inside of an individual. 

"As long as you know I'll always support you with it too. Whatever the aim and how ever long it takes, you'll have me around to remind you." He wanted to see that rise, to see her doing well and succeeding. Not to brag that she was his friend but to be able to brag and say that nothing had stopped her dreams and the meaning behind them. "You've my word on that."