School Status:
Tallygarunga: Term One, VMU: Semester One

House Points

Sturt
Flinders
Spencer
Bourke
pxmBtN.png
An AU non-canon Harry Potter-inspired forum roleplay set in Australia.
THE AUSTRALIAN HOME OF MAGIC

17 year old Halfblood Werewolf ☆ HE/HIM

At first he'd been at a loss of where to go with Meadow, never actually being out with her before due to her home situation. It left him with far too many options and none of them had been the proper forum for their first time, not when he needed to get something off of his chest. There'd been a lot he'd been holding back from her, it hadn't been any secret on that but after spending a good chunk of the start of their break thinking over what had been told to him he found that things in his life needed to be re-evaluated. Or, at the very least, how he treated them especially the parts of his life that held a much larger part of it in grasp than anything or anyone else. In the moment? It'd pretty much been Meadow due to their closeness since the early days of Tallygarunga. 

It all led him to the idea of the Narrie Lakes, it hadn't been a place constantly in the eyes of numerous people and there'd been spots around the area that they could tuck into to make sure that it'd became less likely. He actually planned a genuine picnic due to the mild weather of late. There'd been a basket full of different kinds of foods, finger foods, obviously and a cooler for a few mild drinks. Not all of it had been fizzy, most of it water and a random sparkling water. That had just been accidentally picked up and he'd been in too much of a rush to actually put it back. 

After laying out a blanket he placed the basket at the center of it. When he told Meadow the information he left out the picnic bit, wanting it to be more of a pleasant surprise than anything else. Chances are she'd probably figure it out since it seemed like an obvious spot and type of weather, but he could be wishful in think he could be surprising in a good way. He started to sit down on top of the blanket and removed his shoes to keep it as clean as possible without tracking anything on it, shuffling the shoes off to the side. 

Travis' eyes closed gently as his senses took in the surrounding nature: The breeze that coursed through, the smell of the water that lingered off the lake that seemed to be a calming presence to his spirit. That was something he hope not only would be kept up but would have a similar effect on his friend. Mostly because he knew part of what he had to tell her wouldn't sit well, not with how worried she tended to get when it came to peoples safety - especially with his own and the typical reckless nature that he wore. This had also been one of the few times that his long-sleeved shirt had been rolled up, revealing the various scars and wounds that had been caused by his own claws - except for one - only a single set of scars had an obvious angle that made it impossible for it to be self-inflicted on the left arm. 

'So, she'll either punch me. . . Glare at me and punch me. . . Call me an idiot and try to hug me to death. Not really sure which one is the good point here right now.

Flinders Kirupachi
16 year old Pureblood Human ☆ She/Her

Meadow had surprised herself with her willingness to step out of the carefully maintained boundaries of her comfort zone for Travis' sake - but perhaps, it was precisely because the matter involved Travis that she found the inner strength to do so to begin with. It was the first time she was meeting someone of non-pureblood status outside of campus. For years, she had resisted. Travis himself, Remi, Amber, among others; they all walked face first into that unyielding barrier and were turned away. But not that day. Not after Meadow had promised Travis she'd make a conscious effort in breaking away from her cowardly, safe ways of dealing with her parents.

The Narrie Lakes were a fairly public place, but the area was wide enough that no group gave any other any attention at all. Even with that rationalization in her mind, the girl was still shaking in nervousness as she approached the locale. Eventually, in the distance, she spotted a familiar head of hair in the scheduled place, apparently setting up a picnic on his own. Despite the nerves, Meadow couldn't help but let a small smile fill her lips as she wondered if the Bourke was going out of his way to calm her down, and to make the meeting as painless as it could be - they'd have to contend with whatever matter Travis wanted to bring up after all, and the least worries of other natures that they had, the better. After a pause and a deep breath, being fairly certain that he had detected her presence already, she approached him.

Once she got close, she lowered herself just enough to place a kiss at the top of his head as greeting, placing a hand on his shoulder to support herself while doing so. Of course, that meant her gaze picked up on the state of his upper limbs - in particular, one that looked like it had been reopened very recently. It made her exhale deeply as she pulled away, stood up straight and let go of his shoulder. Without a word, she walked around the towel, sitting down where she was supposed to after adjusting her skirt.

Not a single word came out of her mouth as she watched the boy, eyebrow arching in a questioning manner. She didn't think she needed to say anything in the first place - he would have to explain himself, and that was that.

The idea of a picnic had been one to attempt a sense of serenity or at least to make the occasion feel as special as it was important. Sitting in some crowded eatery where both of them had been nervous or wary for different reasons didn't sound like the best way to enjoy it. In this way it'd been like christening a ship with a wine bottle being smashed against it. Various noises and sounds ricocheted in his ears until he could hear the nervous shuffle of feet crunched against the ground. This prompted him to take in a deep sniff of the air to find that of all the scents in the area only one had been extreme familiar and one he could acknowledge easily when others were mere strangers to his nose. 

She'd always smelled so nice, of course, he couldn't just tell her that without it sounding more creepy than flattering in his mind. Then a soft hum resonated from him as he felt the presence of her lips on his forehead - it wasn't an unpleasant feeling even if it had only been in greeting. Slowly Travis' eyes opened up just before her hand receded from his shoulder to settle herself down onto the blanket. "It's funny. You imagine without speaking it'd be quiet but the body has so many signals that it often sounds far louder to me." At the start of his affliction it'd been severely overwhelming to hear all the sounds at such heightened senses. Almost as if he'd been dunked in a barrel of watered and ripped out of it to experience anything but the dull senses  of what it meant to be a human. 

His knees were brought up and he rested the length of his arms just on top of them while settling his gaze onto Meadow. "You look lovely today, Amy. I partially say that because it's true and partially say that because I want you to keep a good feeling." A deep inhale took place and a brief second later exhaled. "I lied. You know, about the whole reason I wouldn't have been able to send a letter back at the fight. I mean, it's not so much a lie as much as I omitted some stuff. But. . . That's hardly better." He understood that no matter how it'd been dressed up it'd been a source of dishonesty, hiding behind technicities only made it more defined. "The real reason had been I wasn't expecting to actually finish the year. Alive. Since the start of the year I had caught the smell and notice of. . . Someone, someone I intend or. . .Had intended, I haven't figured out which yet - to kill. Revenge for a grievous crime committed against me that I felt and still on many levels feel is owed to me and my Mother.

As much as towards his deceased father. "Before I go on I just need to know you understand what I'm saying and didn't like. . . Black out with the whole alive bit?" He leaned forward until his knees had been pressed into the blanket and his hand reached over to grasp her gently. "Yes, I understand it's a selfish and stupid desire. Knowing that I still desire and craved that revenge. It took an. . . Incident, to make me see I needed to reflect on myself and those around me. I was too stubborn to want to look at the truth of it because I couldn't physically picture it, I had the idea that it'd be better for everyone if it did end badly for me.

Travis head shook weakly his voice dropped in strength. "You are one of the most important people to me, to know that any action I do or followed could break you. I. . . Couldn't, I can't stand that sight in my mind. And at the same time my hatred feeds my nature in a thirst to be satisfied that can't be easily quenched. I didn't say anything because I knew you would stop me, because I knew no one I had been around truly understood my reasons on why.

Flinders Kirupachi

Not uttering a single word, Meadow never interrupted Travis through his speech. It would do neither of them any good. She figured it took him some courage to request this sort of meeting to begin with, as it had taken her some to show up at all. Any interruption to his train of thought would be unwelcome, and thus she silently - at least, what she could perceive as 'silent' - watched her best friend come clean about significant matters. What her voice and face didn't say, indeed, her physiology screamed out to the world, much like he had immediately announced. Emotional states, heart rate spikes, fear, they were all visible and audible to him, weren't it? The Flinders had known of the werewolf's augmented senses, but to be told of it in such blunt terms just made her think she didn't even ever needed to speak a single word to communicate again, voluntarily or otherwise.

The compliment, for a change, had no effect - the knot in the pit of her stomach was such that she just wanted the Bourke to get into the thick of things, and so he did. She couldn't fault the man for lying, even if it made her chest hurt; no matter how much it did, for that matter. She had been doing the same to him ever since they met, only having come clean herself, for the most part, recently. It had been an emotional few months for the two of them, and Meadow had learned the hard way not to be emotional in such discussions; or, at least, try not to be.

The emotional pain exacerbated greatly as Travis mentioned his relentless thirst for revenge, his absolute necessity to erase whom she assumed to be the perpetrator and sole reason of him having become a werewolf. For as cold blooded Meadow could be pertaining a variety of situations, seeing her friend willingly step into the quicksand that was the realm of vengeance didn't sit well with her. It was, in fact, quite hard to digest. Nevertheless, she didn't show disgust. She let Travis take a hold of her hand as he had intended, even if her grasp was somewhat weak. It wasn't a mindset that could be corrected through scolding and coldness, but through compassion.

"You're right, I would stop you." She spoke up once he finished, although her tone had a distinct softness to it. It wasn't their usual banter. She wasn't reprimanding him for his actions. "Because nothing good can come of this, Travis. I can't relate to how you're feeling, but I can empathize. It's not about breaking me, it's about breaking you." As she spoke, she found the strength to give his hand a small squeeze - a simple demonstration that she was there for him despite what he had just revealed, and would remain there no matter what.

"I would stop you because I know you're better than that. It's unbecoming of one of the most thoughtful, understanding, kind people I know to just dive off the deep end without a safety net. And I would also do it because it wouldn't do anyone any good. Say you succeed. Then what? Nothing wrong has been corrected. Maybe someone on that person's side wants revenge now. It's a very dangerous slippery slope, and not one I want to see you stepping on."

It had barely been the tip of the ice berg to describe his feeling for the necessary of revenge, no, simply turning him had been just one crime but not the more egregious to him. But he allowed for the moment to settle, to allow her to gain as much of a handle on what she'd heard so far. As she respected what he had to say in silence the same had been required of him for her to garner her thoughts and whether or not her emotions would come in full force. This had been one of the few times he wouldn't blame her for such a reaction or even count her as overreacting to things. It wasn't something that had been a light pill in need of swallowing. 

"I have long dived off the deep end, Amy. I just played it well enough." Travis stated as if it were a truth. "It isn't about correcting anything, Justice is never about correction, is it? True Justice is a matter of judgement handed down - whether by people that think they own the land or someone else. It comes at some point." He shrugged lightly for a moment. "Would I feel satisfied? Satiated? Probably not. And if they would've wanted revenge? I would've gladly let them gain the attempt." There'd been no bloodlust in him but as a Predator, not just any kind of predator either, a true Apex Predator - something in him demanded that they try to tell him his justice hadn't been warranted. 

Feeling her hand squeezed around his own didn't stop the firm tightening of the muscles within his own hand, a small signal of a flex. "For nearly eleven years I have been on its glossed slope of blood and hate, reliving not only the memory of being attacked but the memory of it ripping my father's life away from his body in chunks." Empathy, Sympathy - All of these things seemed a pointless gesture to a restless soul that raged inside of him. Aware that it had been spoken with the attempt of meaning well it still didn't feel sufficient in his mind to get a true grasp of the true depth of the stain on his mind and inside himself. "Learned from a young age to trust no form of 'Justice' that the Ministry's people attempt to uphold.

Travis head shook lightly as his grasp on her hand loosened as he tried to pull it away. "I don't know where you're getting that kind of impression on me. Hardly the descriptors you usually touch me with, far from it. From his understanding, 'Pervert' had been the legitimate opposite of the three traits she'd stated. It made it somewhat difficult to believe that had been her actual beliefs in that particular matter. "Regardless of my choice? I will always hate, it will always be there and it will not go anywhere anytime soon. Who I am is long corrupted by it." It hadn't been something done recently, it wasn't a fresh wound, something that had been allowed to fester in secret. To grow and click so deeply within himself that his body and action had all been to prepare for that eventual moment where he could carry out what his hate demanded be satisfied. 

Would he always hate it? Most likely, it wasn't something that would stop and it probably would still corrode in another way somehow. "And short of someone doing the job before I do? The meeting will end up happening, whether I want to go through with it or not.

Flinders Kirupachi

Just like before, Meadow listened and lingered on his every word in silence. Of course, that didn't mean her body obeyed that sentiment on an unconscious level. Far from it. The very notion that Travis could be a creature wholly corrupted and manipulated by that bloodlust exclusively, let alone for so long, left a knot in the pit of her stomach. She knew he wasn't such a thing. He was letting the attack from so long ago define him, just like the Ministry did. She knew it not to be true. Travis was born human. He was a person with thoughts, feelings, and the capability of choice, no matter how strongly instincts pulled him on whichever path. But what could she possibly do to make him realize it? It didn't feel like anything that she could say would make him reconsider it, whether it be through a long period of time or during that conversation itself.

For a moment, she was at a loss. He was so entrenched in that line of thinking that even if Meadow herself was a lifeline at that moment, the situation was so alien to her that her metaphorical self was bound to disintegrate at the first tug. It was quite difficult to find the words; she closed her eyes for a few moments to gather her thoughts, not pulling her hand away from his once reopening them. Perhaps she should just say the first thing that came to mind?

"The Ministry sees Werewolves like second class citizens. We both know it, and I'll agree with you that they're severely biased..." She exhaled deeply, pinching the bridge of her nose as she did with her free hand. "...But, if you do go through with this, you're just proving them right. If you were so 'corrupted' by this, do you think you'd be sitting here right now, Travis?"

No, he wouldn't. He wouldn't have rested until he got his hands --or claws?-- on the perpetrator. "Would you be talking this out with me? Would you be concerned of how I may think or feel about this? I don't think so. You act like you're playing a part, yet here we are. I'm calling bullshit on that." A rare curse, but the very notion of Travis settling for seeing himself as a monster made her blood boil, as seen by the sudden intensification of her gaze. Nevertheless, the touch on his hand remained gentle.

"By definition, you are what you are, yes, but you still have humanity to you. And the ultimate revenge on... who did this..." She struggled. The deep hatred was something she could sympathize with, even if it was in another way - she couldn't forgive someone who put her best friend through that kind of pain. "...It would be to embrace that humanity. Because that's who you are, not what you are, and you shouldn't let this define you. And it's something you can fully control." She felt like she could say everything right at that point, which she likely wasn't, and not make a dent. Maybe she should tell him to go to a therapist...

'Second class citizens', That had been placing it in a mild light in his opinion. Dhampir's were second class, Vampires and Werewolves were practically the unclean heathens that majority wanted to be rid of but found only an 'Uneasy' alliance in the process of it all. "The reason I'm sitting here now isn't entirely what you think, Amy. . ." It hadn't been any revelation of his own that prompted this brief pow wow that had been situated. He'd already written several letters, they'd been at his home stuffed inside a drawer to be sent on the day he planned to handle his 'Business' in hopes that certain people were aware yet unable to stop him. "It is only because I saw the negative effect another persons own misfortune held. If I didn't see it, faces wouldn't have shifted through my mind. I would've been far more than hell bent.

Travis felt he had to make that clear, that at a certain point the only thing that seemed right - the only thing mattered had been the price of Vengeance. Blood must be repaid in Blood, there'd been no other alternative in his mind. "We're only here because for a single moment, enough of it that it could actually effect my emotions - I thought of you. It had been easier to think it was more beneficial to you if I was gone rather than around. That fraction of a moment to think that maybe, just maybe you actually would end up carrying it with you as a wound." Getting someone involved or hurt, whether physically or otherwise had been one of the things he'd been trying to avoid. The belief that his existence had been far more of a scar than his absence would be. 

"Because my love, concern, and desire for you to be safe and far away from the physical harm didn't register the full potential effect a mental or emotional harm could do." Which had been ironic in a very twisted way. It hadn't been the physical violence that marked him but the mental imagery that stayed with him from what he witnessed. "Because I love you and the last thing I have ever wanted was to see you in any kind of pain. All due to the fact that, for a moment, a person made me face the two biggest parts of myself. My Desire for Revenge and my Desire of Loyalty & Care.

"It isn't just what I am, it's as much as who I am as my humanity is." Travis hadn't been sure how to explain, it'd been a 'Hot Topic' to many people. To him, the two couldn't be separated, simply because the natures weren't apart - they were combined. Overlapped and woven into one another, some parts held control of what sector and the other controlled other domains of himself. "And it's far more difficult to explain when it's just. . . Emotions, intangible, rampant and rocking.

His hand released hers pulling away for a moment as he stood up from the blanket his eyes closed as he paced, it hadn't been something to riled about. In fact, it was a conversation that had been far more intimate and personal and yet. . . Part of him had felt, annoyed, irritated, and it had been trying to feed on his mind. The moon still had several days ahead of itself but his mind had already begun the process of trying to break through the emotions. 

"Easy. . . Easy. . ." He took in a deep breath and exhaled, his emotions coming under a firm whip of his control. "You need to understand, I'm far luckier in what kind of effect my Lycanthropy has on me. Not. . . Every one of my kind can try to curtail the emotions. They snap, it doesn't matter how close the moon is, they're always agitated, always quick to anger. Their emotions sit, literally, at the top of the surface. It isn't that they lack the control of Humanity, it's simply them. As much as it's simply me, the way I am." It couldn't be explained, knowing that he hadn't been in the predicament of having his emotions only a toss away form him only made comments of 'Controlling' the urges seem far more insulting than they intended. 

Sitting back down he kneeled on his knees once more and gave a strong exhale. "I needed to meet with you, like this, because I felt you should know the full story about me. While omitting the gritty details that you don't really need to hear. Whether or not I'm going to do it? I don't know. . . My insistence on it has been halted, choosing to open my eyes to see what my effect might be if I did." He closed his eyes for a moment before opening them on and resting them on her face. "That maybe I'll start to see something different if I look at others around me better instead of intentionally ignoring parts of them to make it all easier, to make it all seem 'right' when it isn't.

Flinders Kirupachi

Seeing the victim of another person's actions was what had ultimately brought Travis to speak to Meadow. Regardless of the topic, her mind lingered on the fact that there were more cases out there of people who snapped under that pressure, whom had fed the continuous cycle of death and revenge with their own two hands regardless of the destruction that laid in their wake. And, indeed, Travis' actions would eventually have a lasting effect on his best friend. What kind of effect? She couldn't accurately predict it, but the very thought made her heart feel like it was clenching in her chest, held in place by the boy's claw - he could decide to crush it with what he deemed his fate, or release it. She couldn't begin to fathom what it would be like to lose whom she deemed the most important person in her own little world. The solid foundation beneath her feet. The reality that the ground she stood on was flimsy at best made her tremble.

She watched as Travis paced, the incessant steps making her feel nervous. Had she said something she shouldn't have? It was likely, but fortunately the Bourke managed to calm himself down enough to sit down in front of her again. She missed the touch of her best friend but didn't move to regain it, instead withdrawing her hand to her own lap. She chewed on the inside of her lip as he continued to elaborate on the excruciating point of view. She wished she could provide proper arguments and examples as to why she thought that was wrong, anything that could sink deeper than just spouting out morals and principles in an attempt to try and deal with such a murky situation. But what did she know? What right did she have to judge what he was going through? For all intents and purposes, she was a human - a pureblood witch, at that. She had gone through many brushes with death, but none had been from external interference. Travis, however, could have not been standing there that day if the day in which he had been cursed had gone just a little bit worse by chance.

"...Thank you for even considering telling me about it, but you should also consider letting others close to you like I have." Maybe a better support system would make him reconsider. Given the sheer variety of folks in Tallygarunga, it was extremely unlikely that he couldn't meet someone going through a similar situation; someone he could talk to that could understand him in a visceral level. Someone who understood the urges, whom endured such sacrifice and bloodshed. "But... It feels somewhat cruel. It's as if you're just here to give me the warning shot before the actual bullet. If you expect me to sit here helplessly and let you run your life into the ground, then you haven't been watching me the past couple months." Courage. It was something he had taught her, and that she often did for him. He was part of her inspiration in such a manner, and she was hell bent on never losing it.

Everything had felt far heavier than he'd have expected it to be, there'd been an understanding that it wasn't an easy topic. There'd been no way for him to truly grasp the gravity of how it all would've been until it had been spoken, until the atmosphere seemed to shift with the strength of the news and the responses that both of them seemed to have. As much as he wanted to ignore the theory of it all, there'd been a universal truth, actions had effects. Whatever he would do most likely could cause waves, even things he hadn't really consider would be a factor or estimate just how fast something or someone could go down the track of misery. Some let go, some drown, and the rest try to use it as a weapon in one way or another much like he attempted to do. Admittedly, unsuccessfully, none of it had went the way that he'd hoped to go with that particular decision. 

To attempt and demand that Meadow understand, that she see from his side or his reasons rested as an unrealistic act with no hope of achievement. To him, she'd been far more innocent in her thinking, far more nicer. He'd been willing to watch the world burn around him to satisfy the bloodlust in his heart and there hadn't been anything anyone could say to change that mindset. Now, after seeing the one thing that could create even a minute fracture, he could feel the other part of everything that had been walled away intentionally. To seek vengeance or to ignore it? Letting go the hate wasn't going to be the answer, that was a scar and scars persist, they do not heal - not truly. His eyes lowered to stare at the marred flesh that started with just the entire first portion of his arm, that hadn't even been glancing at his torso or his legs which had been far worse in comparison. This process had been less about trying to convince her and more about him trying to gain a better picture, ironically, as much as he'd been an artist the picture he saw for himself and of himself had been vastly different than he saw in others. 

"A warning shot is better than nothing." He stated to try and add a bit of levity to the thick feeling that persisted. "Letting others close. . . That requires me being far more opened than I'm comfortable with. Not that I don't have people I hang out with but I'm pretty sure I keep them at a distance. Whether they notice it or not, I don't know. They probably don't." It hadn't been impossible that he'd been selling them short or maybe it'd been far more that he hadn't known what a person thought. The unique talent of being either a Vampire or Dhampir would come in handy for that kind of a knowledge. . . "Amy, I watch you more than you think. Before you get defensive, no, not just that way." Travis wasn't one to hide the fact that he found someone sexually appealing, Amy had been on that list whether she liked it or not. It wasn't something he could control when it came to preferences. 

"You're equally one of the most frustrating and worrying Mother Hen types in the school." There'd been a hint of frustration in his voice when he recalled it, everyone had a trait that had been hard to manage. "As much as you're about as stubborn as I am." Then his head shook lightly and lips creased into a smile, eyes gave a softened glance of affection towards her as he took her hand once more. "You're also extremely beautiful, far more than you ever given yourself credit. Determined and caring, sometimes too caring that it makes you go a bit crazy. Before you were a bit of a scaredy-cat but bit by bit you're conquering that aspect of yourself. Not an easy thing to do for anyone." At times she'd also been outspoken. "I didn't tell you at first because I knew you weren't just going to sit by on the sidelines, trying to stop me. Knowing myself at that time I would've done anything in my power to make sure no one interfered, no major harm but. . ." Using the full brunt of his strength to push someone aside would've been the most of it. 

"Either way, I notice you and the efforts made on your part."

Flinders Kirupachi

Travis' attempt of lightening up the mood with a quick joke had done very little in the way of success; in fact, all it accomplished was having his friend raise her eyebrow in a mixture of skepticism and annoyance, despite the emotional nature of the matter. She'd argue that she'd prefer to be hit by a bullet out of nowhere than knowing it was coming and having no chance to dodge it, having to sit still as it got closer and closer and only would eventually rip through her after the long, torturing process of watching it approach in slow motion. Nobody in their right mind would sit still with that kind of danger incoming. And Meadow wouldn't settle by having a front row seat to watch the great performance that would be Travis' path to self destruction.

He went on to describe how he saw her, as means to provide evidence that he realized who he was talking to at that point. Many of the descriptors were ones she disagreed on down to her very core, regardless of any validity in either direction. But, for the second time in that afternoon - in the space of a few minutes, no less - compliments that would have an effect akin to transfiguring her face into a tomato had the completely opposite reaction. In fact, in her point of view, his words only further cemented Meadow's earlier point.

"Then, if you're so aware of how I'm doing, are you honestly expecting me not to stick by you and try to stop you from doing something very, very stupid, Travis?" She tried to keep the irritation away from her face, which proved to be difficult. All in all, she thought it was a somewhat satisfactory success. "You're stuck with me, you realize. And after this? More than ever." She should work harder on her potion. A miniature Wolfsbane potion, of sorts, though without the same goals. Cheaper to produce, attacked the symptoms exclusively, and worked for a very short duration - hours, at best. She knew she was on to something. Perhaps she should seek out the help of a Healer to perfect the product. Not her sister, though. She didn't want her to worry. Not only that, but she needed to prove herself without her assistance.

"Though, I'd argue you don't know what I'm capable of just yet." She was an easy person to underestimate. Frail in nature, cowardly, bookish; and she knew for a fact Travis had underestimated as well before, based on their interactions. Perhaps it was finally time to show him what she could do when she put her mind into it.

He hadn't expected his words, whether the joke or his compliments to make much of a budge to her. It had never been to try and gain a physical effect on the young Flinder's, but to demonstrate that he paid attention enough to her and the various ordeals she'd gone through. At least, when she allowed for such a presence. Other's getting close had still been perceived as a negative thing in his mind, that meant more people knowing him. But she only seemed to demonstrate the one key trait of hers that, perhaps in the past and further in the future would cause them to clash every once in a while. That unhindered stubbornness that remained. It caused his lips to curve unamused by it. 

"No need to act like you're my girlfriend or something, Meadow." More than ever? The last thing he needed was someone looking over his shoulder as if they were 'Big Brother'. His head shook lightly soon after. "I'm sure you would try, but I'm far more used to avoiding people that don't know the bushlands. Especially with the way I know them." They were his hunting grounds, his training grounds, it'd been an area he knew his way through without getting lost and could find his way out to any of its many exits. "I didn't come to tell you this so you can suddenly think you needed to get up in arms and start this sudden defense of me, to cage me in." He snorted with a disgusted and annoyed snarl towards her, distancing his body from her. A far more social indication than one would have actually considered given body signals. "And now you're making me realize why I shouldn't have stated a damn thing.

Travis wasn't sure how to feel, of the many people he knew only two came to mind that hadn't attempted to push something on him. "There's a difference between knowing your capability and being aware fully of what you're trying to get into." His head shifted to glance at her accusingly. "Or should we go to your rampant tirade through the Bourke Common Room to my dorm with you having no clue how you were going to get out?" Hopefully, he demonstrated to her there that 'Capability' was the overconfident individuals term when they weren't truly aware of the path before them or even held the in-depth sight to see the potential hiccups of it. Why did he even think this would go remotely decent considering the news, no, they've never really seen eye to eye on anything. 

"But maybe you're right. Maybe I don't really know you and you don't really know me." That was when he stood up and turned away, walking off of the blanket and towards the watery edge of the lake where he sat down next to it. On the inside he felt it, seething, trying his best to quell it as he stared towards the deep pool before him. The edges of his nails pressed against his skin, pushing through the flesh at the center of his palm as blood had been drawn. Leaving the first ever marks, let alone human sized, on his hand. 

'And now we know why I keep stuff on the inside. . .' A strand of thought that sounded in his mind. 

Flinders Kirupachi

Meadow had, subconsciously, been wondering what was taking so long for her to mess up. Such an alien subject, in face of such helplessness and ignorance, felt like a recipe for disaster. It took long, but eventually the situation did explode in her face - it felt like the fact it took so long actually made it worse, as if the anger had just been brewing all that time and waiting for the right moment to escape. Travis' words stung, they were the proverbial slap in the face she deserved for pushing her point of view so much; halfway through the rant she opened her her mouth to speak, but nothing came out and she closed it, as there was nothing she could say that would make things right. Her irritation had gotten the better of her yet again, and as was standard whenever that happened, the conversation crashed and burned. Though, that time, it was so bad that one couldn't help but wonder if there were any survivors.

As Travis stood up and walked away from her for the first time since she remembers, her eyes grew watery with frustration and disappointment in herself. She shut them tightly, not following the boy immediately, and took a deep and shaky breath in an effort to reorganize her thoughts. He was right - she knew very little. Her attitude didn't help the situation at all. Yet, at the same time, was she completely in the wrong? She couldn't bring herself to swallow the pill that was Travis eventually ending someone's life for the sake of revenge, even if it was in his primal instincts to do so. Why was it so difficult to find a common ground for them to work on? They had been the best of friends for years, and despite their very many differences, there had always been grounds for understanding. Why did that situation had to be so frustrating, so different? What could she possibly do?

Unsure of the answers to those questions, she stood up nevertheless, realizing her knees were shaking from the nerves once upright. They hadn't touched any of the food nor had time to enjoy the picnic proper, but that was unimportant. Readjusting her skirt, the girl grabbed whatever little courage she had left in her body and made her way towards Travis, whom she saw was sitting by the nearby lake.

She knelt down next to the teenager, but not too close by, having the presence of mind to give him some room to breathe. It took several seconds for her to figure out what to say; when she didn't, she let instinct take over.

"...I'm sorry." It was a rarity when she did such a thing, especially to Travis. The closer she usually was to someone, the more overbearing and unapologetic she became - even if it she meant well, she realized then that others would certainly not perceive it that way. "I didn't mean to--Look. This is a really... Really difficult situation to wrap my head around, and it's no excuse, but..."

She pinched the bridge of her nose in frustration. Her words could make or break the situation, she realized, and maybe things even greater than that. "...If that's the case, that I don't know you, then I want to know you. Teach me?" No ordering around. No supervising his every action, for as much as it scared her not to - she owed him that much. Instead, she wanted to foster a basis of understanding. "I know you said that there's... 'details I don't need to hear', but... I feel like it would help. I keep shooting in the dark here, and I'm hurting you. I don't want that." And he surely didn't either, otherwise he wouldn't have walked away.

"...Help me be there for you? I don't know what that means yet, if it doesn't mean to stop you, but... I'm hoping you'd guide me to the true meaning of it."

An itching annoyance spread across his mind as his head shook as if something had landed on his nose. His hands rose up and grasped tightly parts of his hair, the blood soaking into it as he constantly flexed his hand intentionally to keep the ever growing gnawing in his mind at bay. Trying to clear his thoughts where it all felt like the hooting of canines in a chorus that just wouldn't halt easily, it wouldn't take the hint that he just wanted to think clearly. Subjectively. This hadn't been an easy topic, bringing it up or hearing it spoken it was bound to leave a bitter taste that wouldn't go away. It carried a weight of change and the action hadn't even occurred yet, even in the form of it devolving into a consideration instead of a certainty the chaos that swept in the wake of such a truth had already begun to be devastating. 

Communication broke down and it hadn't been a single person that contributed to it. Footsteps crunched along the grass, the sound of someone's heartbeat growing closer until the sound settled right next to him caused a minor flinch due to the aggravated senses that had taken to hyperactivity. Finally his hands lowered from his head and pressed into the ground, they shuffled behind him as the thought that he needed to prepare for another round of an explosive disagreement. That assumption had been swept away, disarmed, from the unexpected apology that flowed from her which drew an animalistic curiosity of for an expression. 

Silence settled after her words, to teach her or not to teach her? He wouldn't even know where to begin, where to end. The truth had been he'd been disillusioned, an idea that this could go well if he simply set up a picnic, kept her in a happy and good state of mind where she arrived already expecting something heavy. Perhaps not something as tumultuous as he offered up, which contributed to the expedited downhill ride that they'd went on. Suddenly his hand thrusted into the water as the liquid crossed against his wounded palms, a wince of discomfort shivered across his body and yet a calming sigh escaped from his lips. 

"I didn't come here. . . Expecting it to be easy. Did I think you would take it with a stride? I'd hope, high hopes. But that. . . Was stupid of me." As he spoke he felt so distant, as if it hadn't been him there all along. The feeling of detachment and uncertainty that welled up within, how much more of that trust could be given before he felt broken from it? "You're so focused on 'stopping me' that you haven't heard anything else that I said. You can't stop something that has become uncertain, I already told you, I'm not sure what I will do." It no longer had been a matter of 'when' he was going to chase after the seeded tree of Revenge, it had shifted to an 'If' it would even be a route he could follow and say that the risks were all worth it. The pain, the destroyed hearts, the scars that could be left behind from such an action - had it all be worth every cost to seek a bloody justice. 

Travis looked towards Meadow, his mind churning on whether to lay out that bridge once more time - to see if it would be wrecked or not between their combative personalities that seemed to heighten in certain moments. "You want my 'details'? To know 'me'? Alright then." He took in a deep breath and exhaled in a slow current. "What you know so far is that I watched my father die, tore limb from limb while I was being carried away to safety and for treatment." The memories of that shadowy night rang in his mind. . . The moon held in the sky in full form, a cloudless wonder with the sound laughter and festivities that had been in the distance. An urge for a call of nature hit him and he'd wandered off to find a suitable tree, feeling embarrassed that someone would even hear him tickle against the ground. A howl and the sharp pain and cries that echoed in his mind. . . The thought caused his teeth to clench from the deeply harbored memory that struck at him like a lightning bolt. 

"At the age of six I was saved, infected, and registered. My blood status? Changed, simply because I wasn't 'wholly' a wizard anymore. Then the first time my transformation would arrive. . . It was hell incarnate."

At the time, while his body had been rapidly adjusting it hadn't fully adjusted and the changes had felt odd and twisted, as if he had no longer been himself. Blood and power fueled his veins like he'd never know but the cost of it changed his body early on, growing older in certain regards than he looked, certain marks of childhood growth occurred earlier and earlier each passing year, each time he took that bestial monstrosity as his shape. "Sitting in a cell barely bigger than the Tallygarunga dorms. The smell of desperation, anger, hate, bigotry. . . I could even smell the taint of fear that lingered in the air from both the guards and the other Werewolves. Men far more scarred than I am now huddled in a corner, fearful of what the next wound would be. You could tell by their clothing too, utter squalor. Rags that were tattered, stains and dirt that couldn't be pulled up even by magic." That last part had been far more exaggeration to paint the picture for the Flinder. 

"Month after month, I walked into those places and felt the oppressive atmosphere that weighed down and threatened to crush the spirits of those that were thought as untamable animals, Predators that many had hoped would snap just enough to be put down like a rabid dog in a cage." Travis didn't doubt that it perhaps happened a few times. "I wouldn't put it passed a few people to intentionally do it just to end the misery, to end the constant shame and discrimination. No. . .Discrimination is far too nice." He sniffed the air gently, good, the scent of his progenitor hadn't been around which meant at this point? They weren't being watched. 

That had been when his eyes stared into Meadows. "What do you think happens to most kids, inflicted around that age without any proper support? They find themselves dead if they don't anchor themselves to something." Shoulders shifted with a heavy weighted shrug."Me? All I had was my Mother, she was already in despair of loss of a husband and a child that wouldn't find an easy life. Not a very good support."

A somewhat sad smile touched his lips. "Anger, Hate, Revenge. . . I chose that. It stemmed the pain, it made it all feel worth it. When my bones contort, my arms and face elongate and bones crack and displace beyond a human body, throttled with agony to take up that form? Remembering nothing the night before and then having to play the 'Shit I did that?' game even in a cage?" A sour laughter eased out of him. "I remember rending my own flesh, I remember the frustration and oh, trust me, that only made it easier to hate.