School Status:
Tallygarunga: Term One, VMU: Semester One

House Points

Sturt
Flinders
Spencer
Bourke
pxmBtN.png
An AU non-canon Harry Potter-inspired forum roleplay set in Australia.
THE AUSTRALIAN HOME OF MAGIC

Narragyambie ☆ Animal Carer★ Sadrienne
25 year old Halfbreed Sorceraic ☆ She/Her

She knew she wasn't technically supposed to be on school grounds, and slipping around the Spencer areas of the school was stranger still---but there were Discussions that needed to be Had, and Améa was done with biting her tongue. So long she had been powerless, able to do little more than stand back and watch as her family went through one turmoil and the next,  the very composition of what was family changing almost daily. Alexander and Lauren, Bethianna, Cassandra, Cate, what had once been the tiny creek of their bloodline and kind suddenly strengthening into a river. Caleb now, too, was learning a new world. 

Since her return to her own appearance, Améa was visibly stronger. Not the phantom that had returned to Narrie under Zane's controlling gaze, she moved with confidence and strength. There was a menacing quality to her movement, now, the position of every limb calculated for the most efficiency and power. Nothing was wasted. Where her mother and sisters moved with an eerie grace, Améa moved with an absoluteness that made her seem impossibly solid and terrifyingly strong. A movement more akin to that of Bethianna, if anyone. But also a movement entirely her own, Spencer students peeled out of her way as they saw her advancing. Some knew her name, some simply thought it was Adele come charging after overdue books, but either way she carved a pathway through the common area with ease.

Améa looked neither left nor right, only moved forward in search of her target. She knew where he was, she could still feel that remainder of him that was part of them. She followed it like a scent, single-minded and barely a thought given to the obstacles and people that shifted around her.

There.

Her eyes narrowed further and she closed in on him. 

"Alexander," her voice was soft, but sharp. Low, but brooked no argument either. "We are must do talk. In the private."

Spencer ☆ Guitarist/Vocalist - Local School Hero!✩ Kaitore
20 year old Halfbreed Sorceraic ☆ HE/HIM

Studying had become more than a pastime for him, it'd become a necessity given the circumstances that he faced. He wasn't sure if the books and exposure that Wizard's held to the world would have everything that he needed to become familiar with but it held a good wealth and it couldn't be fully ignored. His eyes and attention pinned to a notebook which held different plants and herbs drawn on it with various facts that stated their singular component effects and then expanded to ingredients they paired well with and those that held a volatile and violent repercussion from even thinking it'd be a good idea to mix the two of them in the same cauldron. It had been called his 'Guide to the Herbal Life', a small joke he told himself to remind himself that the book needed to be kept nearby at all times and that it held expanded purpose beyond the school level for him. 

He'd been in the middle of writing down a few notes from a recent discussed plant from class when it suddenly hit him, a presence, something familiar which caused his hand to stop. Expression contorted in slight confusion, who could it even be? Several gasps and stumbled feet in the nearby distanced seemed to grow and then the whispers that seemed to follow soon after. There had been one certainty and that it had been a family member that had been close to him. 

While not as astute in the art of feeling out this new life he lived it had been the subtle keys that seemed more obvious as he went on. What hadn't been obvious? Was who it was and with the voice the emerged out that drew his attention the expression of being dumbstruck formed. Of all the people that he expected to actually come so boldly into the Common Room, She hadn't made that list in his mind never expecting it of her to actively seek him out. "Améa?" Though his tone had been questioning it'd been told by her own voice that she wasn't taking anything short of 'Yes, Okay.' as an answer. His gaze shifted towards the books for a moment and then nodded. "Uh, Okay, let me just get my things."

Alex couldn't come to a conclusion on what the issue may end up being. Had it been Lauren or Adele? Whatever it was it had to be extremely important especially in her scope considering that in the short time he'd been aware and interacted with her, Améa, had never been a person that did or said things frivolously. As much as her walk indicated the absoluteness the way she tended to uphold herself, in his opinion, spoke volumes of the importance of only the important being spoken and stated. 

Books closed and were stuffed into his bag though with delicacy, he couldn't afford damaging the books for how important they'd been to him. The notebook, however, had been clutched in his hand tightly with the pen settled in the rings that held the pages tightly bound. He then grasped the strap of his emerald guitar which had been finished in the previous months as he wrapped it around his shoulder and pointed the way towards the Dormitory area and made the lead until his room had been reached. Deftly with two fingers he'd jostle the door until it opened and pushed it swiftly until they both were inside where he closed the door behind them and proceeded to place the bag of books on the nearby desk. 

The room had only showed the left side as being lived in, a series of posters that held very well known bands in different genres. From Pop to Rock, Hip Hop and R&B, even a few Jazz ones seemed to litter closer to the edge of the bed post. However, the rooms right side had been barren, a sign that no one had occupied it in quite sometime the signs that he still hadn't been given a proper roommate given the issue of his random magic from the previous year. Part of him had thought to go to the Headmaster to fix it but he had gotten used to the atmosphere that had built that he figured it may as well last just one more year or so. 

Honestly, he also wasn't sure how she preferred to be addressed. The names that had been used, he understood there'd been a unique intimacy to them for those allowed and had yet determined if the relationship between her and him had truly reached that part yet. "I would joke and say I don't think this is a social visit. . . But I'm pretty sure that would just get me glared at. What's on your mind? Is everything alright?

She had rehearsed this a thousand times, and a thousand more after that. For all the joy that her blossoming relationship with Vladimir was giving her, there was also a black hole festering with all that she hadn't had time or strength to say. Still, she had waited this long and she waited another moment to compose herself further before speaking. Whatever her feelings, he was still who he was. Even if he chose not to acknowledge it, chose not to take up that mantle, he simply was and she could not ignore that. Could not ignore her role as his guardian, Alexander was just second the strictly ordered list of protection priority. Most could not say who among those they held dear they would save first, but Améa was not like most. She knew with absolute certainty that it would be, had to be, Adele. She came first. Followed by Alexander, Jezebel, Caleb and young David. Jezebel's children if the situation permitted, and only if all others were accounted for.

Even if, and simply knowing this caused her agony, it was Nika. All the others had to be protected first. Améa hoped to never find herself in such a situation, it seemed unlikely but she knew the world was unreasonably cruel. It was this same absolute duty that kept her from indulging the quiet fury that had bubbled away while she waited for Alexander to settle into his new accepted life. While she found her own strength again. While the world settled in its mundane way and normality finally allowed her to speak.

"Nothing is been 'alright' in much time," she said curtly. It had taken her so long to understand what the anger was for. She knew it was there, but not why. Situations that she had appeared to accept, walk away from easily, even explain as if she were perfectly understanding and at peace with the outcome----once the dust settled, she realised she was not. Once Vladimir had soothed away any remaining belief that the hurt she felt was for Zane's absence, the true hurt began to show. Zane had been a big piece of her life and left a big wound, but there was one even bigger. More devastating.  

"You is know what lost to make you be here now?" the words she planned had abandoned her. All that remained was fragments that she could barely string together in broken English. "You know what you is did take? If thinking Mamiere, Grandmiere take place and teach this is much wrong. Grandmiere only teach when her needing thing, this you is know. Mamiere know less thing than... than Caleb! And for you to live, cost is one that did be teach. To me. Even that she is not need me. Still teach." Her bottom lip wobbled slightly, anger shifting to deep grief.

"You take Tahearn'anna."

The walk towards the room seemed eerily silent, while he would've expected it in their normal environment something just felt. . . Off? No, that didn't quite describe the feeling at the pit of his stomach that started to knot over. This wasn't going to be a good kind of gathering and he couldn't piece together the why, as if he'd been forgetting a crucial connection or situation. It'd been rare for him to forget anything in general, the fact that it must've been something important grinded heavily in his mind. 

After settling in he awaited for her answer and his head canted towards the side slightly. Nothing? What in the name of Merlin's hat had he truly been missing? Something wasn't adding up and he knew interrupting her would've only caused equal confusion due to the unique nature of the language barrier. It'd been far more preferential that he allow her to get all of her thoughts out first before he could actively start trying to help her, unsure on how he could actively do something that others around her couldn't do. 

As she spoke he regretted ever not interrupting her. He didn't like how this started to descend and the knot in the stomach only grew tighter, the optimism he often wore socked right out of him as she continued on. His mind trying to piece together her words, bit by bit, gaining an understanding of it all. What he took? The cost of what it meant for him to be there now? His lips parted to ask what she meant and then immediately clamped down tightly, the hook and connection that had been missed entirely overlooked by him. The name she spoke didn't need any form of clarification, she'd been placing the blame of his survival, the loss of Bethianna, on him. She'd been far closer to the woman, known her longer, been aware and taught by her than he'd been. 

This caused him to take a hesitated gulp on where to even begin with it all. How could he even defend himself when he thought the same as she did? It wasn't his mother's fault, nor was it or Adele's, Caleb was at no fault either he only acted in defense of someone he cared about which he'd expect of anyone with a proper heart of goodness. For the past few months he'd been trying to avoid the growling maw of sorrow that had been the loss of someone who had taught him more about his bloodline and family than anyone. His hand slowly slid to the emerald guitar, the red tassel that hung in a braid slapping against his body as it mocked him for attempt to ignore that which had been buried deep inside. A place within he even tried to keep Caleb or Cassandra from trying to sniff out.  

Alexander's hand wrapped around the neck of his instrument and calmly walked over towards his body and settled it down though the way he walked showed the weight of the words and his own personal conscious. "What do you want me to say? Hm?" He turned around to settle his Violet hues on the grief-struck woman. "Do you expect me to deny it? Listen to some of the others who say she took that chance? That she understood? That doesn't stop the fact that I know  what I set in motion. I didn't want the cost of a life for exchange of mines." Better that she were to let him go than to sacrifice himself, the pain and the cost should've been his weight to hold and instead there'd been a harsher weight to the reality. That things of vast nature couldn't be obtained without altering the fates. 

"I understood a plan she had as so much of the use of her own twin, I knew the importance, I felt the importance in those last moments when it started to take place in me. Yes, I know the cost, I know what I took. You weren't the only one she invested in, Améa. . ." He took in a deep breath and bit at his lower lip roughly, drawing enough blood from it. "For years she put a bit of herself in me, maybe it was obligation or responsibility for letting someone live that shouldn't have lived in the first place. Didn't even know that until last year. The person who gave me my name, 'Alexander'. I lie to myself often, try to avoid the absence but I can't."

What would Bethianna even think seeing them this broken up? Would she have disapproved? Remind them that it wasn't necessary? But their world had been different, emotions, connections, they were important. Heart building and heart rending, cannot have one without the other. The means of being a Human in heart and nature. "I know, Mother only teaches, only involves when she wants something. Maybe one day. . . That will change. And maybe on some level that change has started." His expression shifted to one of sadness, not sympathy, empathy. He had perhaps been one of the few people that understood the grounds she'd been on in her feelings towards the woman. "I'm sorry I took her away from you, Ruella. . . I only ever truly knew that she wanted me to only ever try and live, that she had wanted to try and. . . Give her twin a new life even risking him on me." That perhaps wouldn't ease the pain much. "But I also know I'm the one who took away our teacher, the woman who inspired me to be a healer for us, our people - to help the Male's like DJ, like Caleb." 

The weight of the sadness started to brook at the edge of his eyes. "And I know I took away the actual progenitor not only to my own Wife but to her Aunt, my own unborn kids. The weight I bear is great, the wound I inflicted more so. Even if others don't accuse me of it, even if you're the only one who accuses me of it? I have damned myself already the moment it happened. The only thing I can do? Is carry on the things she asked of me." He had no idea if Bethianna would choose to return, if she could even return or if she'd be shattered from what she gifted to Caleb. But there also hadn't been any guarantee that he could see her before his own will to live could diminish. 

One of his greatest fears, even more than the fact of death itself, had been that his very existence would cause the rupture injuries that it did. 

She had expected defiance, and so his acceptance was confusing. She had expected him to defend his actions, his very existence, to give back to her all the lies that she had told herself while she ignored the enormity of what was lost. Perhaps that was what she had come here for, to hear from someone else that it had been Bethianna's choice and plan that had led to this. There was nothing to be gained from being angry at Alexander and she did know that, she was angry at Bethianna too. Bethiannna above all of them, who knew what she was leaving behind and the frightening balance of responsibility it left with Lillian, who could not be trusted with that weight.

Or maybe it was the emerald guitar. The direct connection Alexander had to Bethianna, so complete that he honoured her in ways that Améa never could. This love he had for a woman that she was certain he didn't truly know, because to know Bethianna---to be raised and taught by her---was not a thing of love. She had been a phantom in his life, a gentle touch that guided the ship back on course when required. He had never stood subject to her impossible standards, felt the sharp tips of her fingernails against his scalp grasping a handful of his hair to ensure he remained absolutely motionless in practice. He had never poured himself heart and soul into his arts, only to be met with cold disapproval. 

It had not been gentle teaching. But it had been effective. When neither her mother nor grandmother would lift a hand, Bethianna had educated her in strength and discipline. Trained her for the heavy duties that her future would demand of her, the weight of an entire population. One day she would take her mother's place and this was what she had worked toward. One day, her duty would shift from the protection of the crown to bearing it herself, and protecting all that she knew. That... was no longer true either. She would not succeed her mother now.

"Also did Tahearn'anna give mine name," she said shakily. "All mine knowing. Mamiere not want. Grandmiere not see. Tahearn'anna make to me be good Ellazandre, teach be worthy. As watcher, as keeper. What is she make you? Only alive." Améa tilted her head slightly. "And love her, honour her---" she pointed to the emerald guitar. "--what is you honour? Tahearn'anna as was? Or as your imagine?"

Perhaps one of his most unattractive traits by a lot of peoples standards had been the internalization of issues that he caused on himself, even when his adoptive passed away he somehow managed to find a way to reflect that it'd been his very existence that caused the downfall. These extreme cases, logically, didn't make sense in the grander scheme. It made more sense to understand that whether he willed it or not these people would've made their choices one way or another but that hadn't been enough for him. There needed to be a reason and in his mind it could only ever be the common denominator in these circumstances. A state of contention between himself and Cassandra that it often ended up with a silent understanding of agreeing to disagree. It had been in this moment that he been faced with the reality that he'd been running from his grief rather than appropriately facing it. 

'Damn it. . . What a way to take actual responsibility instead of just growing up. . .' Alex could only mentally reprimand himself as the palm of his hand pressed against his forehead and he weaved the lithe digits through the length of his hair. It had been disrespectful the way he carried himself from the sacrifices that had been offered up for him to walk as he did, that hadn't been fair in the light of the revelation that he faced. He snapped at those who didn't deserve it, shut most of himself off from those that should know him the most and couldn't strengthen himself up enough to face the terror that had been grief. He still had been thinking as the small boy who had been facing a black room of death at the end of his tunnel called life. 

Alexander could never fathom the amount of teaching and effort Bethianna poured into Améa nor the struggles she'd endured to try and prove herself as able to meet the challenges given to her. "Ellazandre? It's a beautiful name." Knowing what little he did of the Elder woman that had put years into both of them, names held meaning, she'd never been a woman without meaning and purpose in the thing she'd done. "She made me more than alive, she inspired me. As a Healer, to someone like me who knew only a hospital? That was important to me." He'd never talked much of his own circumstances, his own childhood to people in his family, an odd situation he figured to not do so. "It was because of her I also had been able to actually know how my actions had waves it could make that I never would've known otherwise.

Marrying Cassandra had never been a bad thing in his mind, he would've never counted it as a mistake in his short life. But he did admit that it should've been better timed, that it shouldn't have been under the height of drunkenness that pushed it ahead further than intended. "She made me realize the importance of caring for others and not to see the surface but to see the wounds. Before Auntie Bethianna? I would've held on to the anger that. . . Mamiere discarded me, tossed me aside. But now I understand what I didn't before." At least he thought he understood, the choice of his death or not wasn't one out of maliciousness. It had been to protect her own pain of loss while also trying to save him from the painful death the Acceptance would've brought under normal circumstances. 

The attention had been drawn to the guitar that he crafted with his very hands and he walked over towards it and picked it up gingerly, the color of it polished in a glimmering sheen as he laid it over his lap. Maybe he loved her because she gave him a presence to latch on to, at first anyways, but he understood she couldn't replace the void of a mother. Eventually he started to see her for her, a woman who made choices the best way she knew how even if he didn't agree with them he respected that. "I adored her,  I can't speak for others because I only know my story. As for what I honor I . . . At first it was to trick myself that I could still try to feel her presence this way. But every time I strum, every time I make the sound of rhythm's and melody a bigger piece is understood." With the tips of his fingers pressed along the strings he played a gentle and tender progression of a soft note. 

"She's honored not just because I miss her but because this beauty of a guitar shows my desire to keep fighting." His lips parted for a moment and his eyes lifted to stare upon Améa once more. "Music has been one of the things in my life that had always allowed me to keep strong while I felt weak. Now? It will be a reminder that I will conqueror the days before me along with everyone and everything else that reminds me." This had been one of the few times that internalization had been a far more positive trait in his mind than a negative one. "I also plan to try and honor her by making sure I put every effort into being a proper Healer. Not just for physical wounds either." There'd been a need to understand the emotional wounds as much as the physical even the spiritual wounds that could occur. 

Eyes lowered gently towards the guitar and held it towards Améa. "Do you want to play it? Maybe music might help you, if I remember it speaks to you the same way it does me. It doesn't count as a violin, I see no reason to not play." He offered a soft smile towards her. 

A look of disgust and disbelief crossed her features as Alexander complimented the 'pretty name'. He did not know even that? Her lip twitched in further annoyance, that Alexander could call himself some sort of legacy of Bethianna's when he knew so little of who they were and the things that (Améa felt) mattered. Unlike her mother, Améa didn't see the division between their home and their kind. It was one and the same, a source of rich tradition that bound itself to her ways of thinking and informed her actions. She could not be one without the other, and despised Adele's determination to act as if she were neither. Lauren, who listened only to the blood and not their home, she found equally perplexing.

"Tahearn'anna was not for adore," Améa said, the twitch in her lips trembling each time he said 'Auntie Bethianna', somewhere between furious that he could disrespect the woman with such an intimate and familiar name, and jealous that she could not remember Bethianna with the same warmth. It had been enough, back then, just to be noticed by someone. She could put all the blame for those missing tender moments and family connections at the feet of her mother, knowing that Bethianna was not a woman of softness or sentimentality had made it easier to accept that she could not expect the elder woman to be what her true family would not.

And yet, the way Alexander spoke of her, it seemed that she had been to him what Améa had longed for. Even in just brief moments, it was more than she had given Améa. Bethianna was capable of that love, she had given it to Alexander, she had just... not deemed Améa worthy. Even Bethianna's last actions, pouring herself into Caleb to save him, using her own beloved twin to heal Alexander against impossible odds, she had offered neither when Améa herself was bleeding from her soul.

It crashed on her now. The truth she knew, the gut-wrenching root of her anguish that she had tried to bury with anger and blame. Améa was not the victim here, she was not some mistreated waif who had been neglected as a child. Bethianna had done what was necessary to ensure her survival after Améa had pushed all others away. Alexander and Caleb had seen Bethianna's softer side, been worthy of her sacrifices, simply because they were. Améa was not. End of story. 

"No," she said to the guitar. "Am not play any music. Is not respect."

The look on her face caused him to sigh in defeat, he understood as much as what many would allow and even still had been learning, trying to grasp at multiple personalities in a short timespan. Out of the many of his discovered family he found Améa the hardest to relate to, the hardest to try and find a common ground of understanding. At first he expected it had solely been the experiences she faced that defined it but that hadn't been it in its entirety, a far more disrespectful thinking to even assume that on his part. It'd most likely been the mix of experiences, beliefs, and ideals that she held herself too that defined every step, every thought. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean for it to be offensive." Her name had sounded nice to him but maybe it'd been the meaning of the name that held for her. 

Alexander's face shifted, one to show that he found her claim that Bethianna wasn't to be adored incredulous. A hint of wounding at that, how could he not adore her? It wasn't his way to hide his feelings or what he believed someone meant to him. The Elder woman never needed to earn his loyalty or care, it simply was there, he'd been willing to see her way refusing to stay closed off from learning and understanding. Admittedly, it'd been his own insecurities that nurtured it but that gradually changed the more opened she became with him. "I don't know what to tell you." His tone responded in a swift strong presence. "When someone is opened with me, even a step at a time? I don't take that for granted. Everyone has their own pace, everyone. I respected that as much as I made sure to say my own concerns.

At the start of the Acceptance ritual there were words that struck with him, stuck with him. 'Survive, my Alexander. You have more days to conquer yet.' Those were heavier words each time they rang into his mind and in this moment the weight of them bore a mantle that he was sure had been difficult to maintain. Yet, he had to endure, to forge ahead. She'd been a caring woman, when she wanted to be, even if she never showed it so easily. "The way I've taught myself to care about others had been due to a time of uncertainty for me. But she wasn't the only one who gained my adoration either. Every single one of you did." It hadn't simply been because they were family, that had been shown that it made very little waves when pain and hurt festered. "I admire your dedication, yours is the kind that builds a wall to protect that which matters to you.

She cared deeply, strongly, to the point she placed herself in the depth of things. In that way, he felt, she hadn't been unlike Adele with how their heart seemed to form and sweep waves in the path before them for those they cared about. He couldn't say he'd make a guitar for every single person but he'd honor them each in a way that meant something to him. It didn't matter what it said to others, what it may have felt for them, it'd be all for him to remember and understand. Even for his Adoptive Father he kept a keepsake, one he had no idea even existed until he started to clean out the old home. 

His hand gently lowered and he had turned to place the instrument back on the bed. "I can respect that." Then he stood up and started to slide the crumbled jeans into a smooth consistency once more. Her words from earlier struck in his mind and a nod of self-resolution formed. "Then help me to see, well, You. Who you are, what you stand for. I know it's not something that can be done in the blink of an eye." It seemed that regardless of who had been inside of him, certain quirks didn't seem to be too altered, the depth of his care being one of them. "I've never been sure how to approach you, the difference between us is like. . . A Chasm. So much so I don't think either us truly know one another at the core, as People." The truth of it had been that he'd been far more aligned in similarity to Jezebel than to Améa. 

But had that been so bad? It meant a broadened horizon, an understanding that people weren't lineal, they were complex ever changing, ever different. "I want to be able to be there if you or anyone ever need me.

See her? Améa wasn't even sure how to respond to that. He wanted to be able to see her? Clearly, not in the same way Vladimir saw her---that was altogether a different thing, but it wasn't like she didn't still crave to be seen. Understood. The language barrier was but a tiny fragment of the differences that kept her distant from the others in the family, perhaps even moreso than Lauren who had a far better grasp of this world and who appeared to have some sort of bond with Lillian, however reluctant. She stayed silent a moment, thinking on her words. Even if she could express them in her native tongue, it would be a struggle to form the sentences.

"Is not choice. Is duty," she said. "Mine is watch, protect. What is must be done, mine duty is to do. Fix Mamiere mistake, take away threat. Any who is think to harm, I make not. Only matters is right ones protect. Mamiere, you. Jezebel, Caleb, little David. This order. Is duty to mine home, to Ellazandre."

And this she believed in utterly. Only under Zane's influence had she been able to step away from such devout belief. He had convinced her that he was her new duty, and she had believed that too. After all, no one had seemed to want or need her interference, Adele had never quite ceased being frightened of her. Worried for what she might do next, though every single thing Améa had ever done was only to protect Adele. Extreme, yes. Some of Adele's mistakes had required extreme correction. Sollozzo was a blight on Améa's record, the one she hadn't been able to fix. 

"Is not mine place for needing you," Améa added after a moment. "If is happen, I did fail. Once I did have one I was allowed for needing, when throw away this gift is not allowed to ask more. I am lucky for Vladimir see and know and forgive what is I am, is more than is to be allow."

Her voice was quiet now, the anger gone, even the sadness had faded. It was just the truth as she knew it. 

"Once is I be one that take place from Mamiere. Make life learn to that, but no more. Am not right one. Am now only watcher, keeper. Daughter of Ellazandre. Do duty is best I can, only way for deserve more."

Whether it'd been too much to ask he wasn't entirely sure, but he wanted to understand her, to be in a position to appreciate her as an individual, a person. Like someone that had been part of a family unit. Language typically had been difficult at first to trying to understand her when she did grace an area with her voice but over time he found he'd been able to understand if he just took his time and think on the track where she'd been going. The most difficult had been today, when she had been hit with the wave of emotions that made trying to piece all of what had overwhelmed her heart. 

So, she'd been dutiful. But he'd been someone she'd been duty bound to protect? He wasn't sure how he felt about that, he couldn't judge her mindset but he didn't think of himself as someone that should've been considered in such a way. He didn't interrupt her, allowing her to speak fully until her words had come into a full stop and allowing himself some time to process the question he'd ask. It'd been. . . Far more complicated than he'd expected, it even made him wonder what prompted her to believe it hadn't been her place to need someone, that she didn't deserve more. What had been the missing piece? Was it something that he shouldn't know for one reason or another? 

"I hadn't realized that I had been under your protection." He'd hoped it didn't sound offensive, in fact he'd been more taken back that he'd even be considered to be under such guard. As someone who sought to heal others he could understand the prospect, maybe not as just a duty but as a desire as well. "I thank you for that, even if it's your duty it should be appreciated." Which he had been. Though the way she spoke it sounded if she'd been sculpted to be some form of . . .Assassin in the name of the family. 

"You were supposed to be Queen?" That would make sense, she'd been the older Twin, the oldest child of Adele. She must've been groomed and by Bethianna. "Are you the one who decided that you don't deserve more?" Frown formed on his face for moment as the gears in his mind started to turn and twist. "If that's far too personal then I'm sorry about that." There were something about it that seemed like redemption, atonement? There'd been a deeper story and history for her, that'd been obvious but the what once again lingered in his mind when it shouldn't have. 

Alexander nodded slowly, she'd been denied the right to deserve comfort. Whether it was by her or someone else that commanded of her had been irrelevant he supposed. "I guess family aren't exempt from offering that shoulder? I mean, I'd get it if it wasn't me in general. Far younger and my experience at life isn't really enough to offer much in that little arena of things." If anything he imagined she'd  have far more knowledge in general, even it'd been experience. "Well, was there anything you wanted to ask me?

He hadn't realised? How could he not realise such an obvious thing? Améa tilted her head, confused by this. It was the way of things, even if he chose to walk a different path he was still brother to her mother and thus an important part of the royal line that had to be preserved. Améa could never ignore that. Being thanked for that was weirder still, Adele had never thanked her. Adele had only been angry and frightened by the things Améa had done to protect her. Though, she had not yet had to truly act for Alexander's good yet, so perhaps his view would change too.

"It was mine place at first, yes," Améa nodded, her defenses down a little, she perched herself against a desk. Alexander seemed interested in what she had to say. "In long time, Jezebel not known. Only me. Did not imagine better one already in world, is better choice for Jezebel. Also cost of mine choice to be Zane wife." All that preparation felt wasted. Améa wasn't sure if she would take her place back even if she could, but what did she do with all that training? And what could she possibly be now that she had her freedom back and the future she had assumed she would be working toward was gone? Améa had never had to decide for herself who and what she wanted to be, it had been scripted from the start. 

"Family is reason I be not allowed," she added softly, her gaze drifting down to the patchy carpet. Certain things in life were a priviledge, once cast away they were no longer deserved. When she mourned her father and spoke of the wound that her mother's indifference gouged within her, this was the reply Bethianna gave. It didn't matter that it was the logical thing to do. That she had acted out of duty, not allowed her emotions to interfere. It seemed like a cold and callous belief to burn into the psyche of the young, impressionable Améa----but what else could Bethianna have said? Her father was gone, and it would still be years before Adele gave her any sort of notice. Back then, it was easier to believe she didn't deserve these things and cease trying to make them happen.

"Mine father did offer such shoulder," Améa looked back up at Alexander, her eyes impossibly blue. "I did kill him anyway."

While he'd been aware that his life had nearly ended, well, more times than he really cared to be counting anymore. There'd never been a part of him that felt the necessity towards being protected but maybe that had been the privilege of things? Nothing seemed a reason because a reason never showed and he might end up feeling far differently if something directly showed, not unlike the situation that had occurred at Jez and Viktor's 'Unwedding' event. The desire to protect someone, that he knew well enough, but that had been driven by emotion and not a sense of duty or obligation for him personally. 

It never occurred to Alexander that Améa and Jezebel hadn't actually known at the same time about themselves, the kind of training that must have occurred for Améa had to have occurred far earlier in her life in comparison from how it sounded. The mantle of Queen or King didn't seem like the easiest of burdens especially for a nation that didn't enjoy the idea of progress only a stagnant existence. Being King, even a Royal in general, still caught Alexander off guard as he'd never expected to be in such a position in his entire life. "Choices, they're a bit of a punch in the face sometimes, aren't they? But I think they're pretty important to still have. Have you thought about what you want to do then? You're not expected to be Queen, right? It brings a freedom." That's how he looked for it when it came to himself personally. But he also knew Adele had been trying to change that fate in general, a Monarchy, it doomed their family in their freedom. While he understood that her connection Zane took far more than it should've and mostly due to Bethianna's explanation, he didn't feel that alone should've damned her. 

So, it'd been herself that had been setting those barriers. He originally had started to think of a way to ask what caused it but her words slapped it right out. She. . . Killed her own father. That had to settle in his mind, it'd been foreign to hear and even think about. His own relation with not only his adoptive father but his biological Father since meeting him made it a difficult thing to conceive. Luckily, he hadn't been the kind of person to judge or condemn, well, not any more. Many things had been different and he found himself, this unique change, some emotions weren't just his own either. 

Alexander's hand reached for a nearby chair and then turned it towards Améa and sat down upon it. His eyes raised up, the violets settled on her overwhelmingly blue spheres. She had his full attention and he hadn't planned to break that because of this admittance. "Why did you kill him?" If her Father offered such a shoulder he didn't think he had hurt her, or did he?

"I do not know." Améa said when he asked about her future. She truly didn't know. Everything had always been so set out for her, and she had been happy with it that way. Her future aligned with her duty, she strove to be the ideal citizen so that the people would accept her. None of that had worked, they rejected her almost as intensely as they did Adele. Améa could never work out why. She didn't flout tradition, she was rational in her decision-making. She had been there. Lived there, when Adele would not. All of that and still, when an outsider--Jezebel--had been revealed as an alternative, the overwhelming reaction was one of relief. Améa had been raised for this, it was all she knew. The absence of such a clear future was unsettling to her.

She watched the news settle on Alexander's face, the damning revelation that she had committed patricide. This was where he backed away, treated her with caution. Chose his words carefully from now until the end of time, never once forgetting that she could, would, go to those extremes. That was what Adele had done. For all the progress Améa thought they had made, in the wake of David's death, Adele had found her in a quiet moment to ask if she had a hand in it. The only answer Améa had to that, was that David had not been a threat---simultaneously denying her involvement, and confirming that she had assessed him as a potential target. It did little to build trust, but Améa would not lie for that alone.

The question of why she'd killed her father---that was both simple and complex. At the heart, it had been her duty. He was a threat that would not be soothed, no matter what she tried. His own grief had driven him mad. 

"He was threat," she said finally. "To Mamiere. Wanted for her death, revenge of one he love before. Mamiere need for husband then child, for her duty. If is not do duty, then strong ones call for execute. Take her place. Mamiere pick mine father in random, he not want---he already have love---must marry Mamiere because she say. His love not accept, she fall into ocean in sadness. Swept away." Améa's voice was sad. He had told her the story so many times, and he'd never healed the slightest bit from all that had happened. Adele had never quite understood the consequences of her arbitratry decision.

"Mine father did teach me music." Améa looked away from Alex, obscuring the glimmer of tears that was beginning to show. "I betray anyway."

An acceptable answer, well, he found any answer would be acceptable than 'I don't have a future' or any of its relative terms. "You know, I get that. When you had this expectation for yourself and find yourself with far more you're able to do and have no idea what you want to do." That had been how he felt the moment he gained the actual capability to live and not just have the end sight of death. He had ambitions, things that had been in his heart for him that he'd wanted to do. Were they viable at that time? He didn't believe so but it didn't mean that they shouldn't have been attempted. "Even though I know what I want to do now with everything else it feels as if it's still a pretty uncertain future in general." It did, however, mean that the world had been her 'Oyster' as many weird people placed it. "Well, how about we try different things? See what makes that right fit." An idea for when she felt fully comfortable with that kind of a step, it at least had been an idea to keep her active and searching. 

The news wasn't something he expected and while it had been entirely foreign to him, admittedly on some level, terrifying that she had committed such an act there'd been a response within himself that lessened it. Rather, it'd been how she began to explain the reasons and the sadness that lingered in her voice on the connection that she held with her father. "That makes sense. . . It is very sad. I. . ." He couldn't imagine if that had been him in that kind of situation. To be taken away from Cassandra or vice verse? Not something he would've sat down and allowed to happen even if it meant every fact of danger for his own existence. "It's breaking to the soul even. Love is a strong and dangerous thing, worth it every sense of the way too. When you've found a strong bond like that it's nearly impossible to imagine without it." That much he understood simply from the elephant in the room both he and Cass had intended to ignore but truly couldn't. 

Alex watched as she looked away from him which caused him to stand up slowly, he didn't want to set her on alert. Instead rather to keep her calm, to let her know that sadness had been fine given the circumstances. He didn't believe she should've been placed in that situation, no child, should be placed in that situation. But he had to also understand the world she came from, the environment and country had been different in traditions and beliefs. His hand reached out and touched hers gently. "I understand then. . . Every time you play it's painful, isn't it?" If it had been it'd been he could see why, in her heart it must've ached to be reminded of her actions. "You were placed in a harsh situation, Ruella. I couldn't fathom being stuck in that kind of a position.

Someone was most likely going to die and she intervened, making the choice to protect through death. It wasn't something he could say he'd have been okay with in himself. But those close to him in a sense all had been in a place where 'Death' wasn't the intention of maliciousness but protection in a very odd way. "You protected someone, that isn't a bad thing. And the Music. . . Don't let that leave your heart or hands because of it." Actions were waves, wounds that could be created and if left to fester were difficult or near-impossible to truly heal. But at some point healing did need to happen, that had been his belief. She showed sadness, it hadn't been something he wanted to do it felt more as if she felt she needed to do so. Therein had been the difference in his eyes and heart. "Hey. . . I still believe you have one the most poetic souls of anyone I've met.

To him, she hadn't been stained or unredeemable. Whether it'd been the blood of her father on her hands or the choice of Zane. Those actions weren't defining and perhaps he had too innocent or accepting of a heart than people would've liked to see him actually have but he couldn't and wouldn't change that part of him.