School Status:
Tallygarunga: Term One, VMU: Semester One

House Points

Sturt
Flinders
Spencer
Bourke
pxmBtN.png
An AU non-canon Harry Potter-inspired forum roleplay set in Australia.
THE AUSTRALIAN HOME OF MAGIC

17 year old Halfblood Werewolf ☆ HE/HIM

What he originally thought would end up being a single time ended up turning into more of a mini-tradition, it hadn't been a bad thing but definitely unexpected. During the breaks his roommate had went home which meant the entire room would be to himself if he ever stayed. Usually? He did, but this year he wouldn't be for extended time, only staying the first week just so that he wouldn't miss the first planned meetup between himself and Danielle when it came to, what he dubbed, 'Movie Day'. The day that they just hung out, popped in a movie after he acquired a few things that he probably shouldn't even hold his dorm, such as a pretty reasonable television that had been engineered to withstand the magical build up of the school, which it had a DVD system built directly into it. 

These days had a specific rule, however, for the sake of Danielle's main preference of no violence and no explosions. He wasn't sure the reason behind it, most likely whatever had occurred in her past which had been an understandable situation. It wasn't something that would be asked, a kind of thought and experience that had been far more harmful to tread on unless the person who felt it spoke of it first. Some wounds could be so fresh that the simple approach of it could cause it to bleed and gush in an unintended way. 

A few movies had been selected and it'd been those that he felt were in pretty decent taste and were good 'cinematic adventures' as he had started to call them. "Alright, let's see. . . Six movies for us to potentially get through, if we can get that much in. Have some popcorn, a few snacks." He hummed for a moment and then remembered something as he looked left and right for a moment before removing his wand and pressing it towards the side of the wall where it'd cause a blink of light which slide a hidden door opened with what seemed to be a man-made cooler on the inside of it enchanted with various spells to keep it nice and chilled as he pulled out a couple of pop bottles, they were blood-flavored intentionally geared towards the Dhampir population that he noticed one time. "I bet she'll love it!" His eyes looked up towards the rare steak that sat in its own little spot and gulped and coughed. "Maybe later friend. . .

Travis wasn't sure if Danielle had picked up that he'd been a Werewolf, not that he told her but he also had been aware that her senses were as high acute as his own. Not that he expected that she'd judge him, of all people he knew she'd understand him far better than anyone else. Habits, however, were hard to break extremely so. As such his hand weaved the wand through the air and closed the magically designed door back up as it sealed itself as if it'd just been part of the wall. It took him years to build that and make it, and one day this year, he'd have to leave a note behind to the next potential occupant. 

"I think that maybe everything."

16 year old Halfbreed Dhampir ☆ She/Her

Another Movie Day. Danielle had never been the most emotive of people, but the very thought of sitting with Travis to watch through a long marathon of Muggle-made films brought a small smile to the Dhampir's face that refused to go away - it was most definitely uplifting, and it served as means of taking her mind off of more depressing matters. Her little sister's presence in these events was spotty, and that day was one of such days when Danielle had to go to the boys' dormitories on her own. While she didn't have much of a problem doing so she was aware at that point of how rumor-happy the school was; going on her own raised more suspicions than bringing a little girl in tow, and thus she was careful to slip past nosy students on the way to Travis' room.

Raising her knuckles, she knocked at his door a few times before letting her hand fall to her side. The other hand clutched a simple sketchbook - inspired by the older Bourke, the girl had taken to drawing as well. The humongous gap in talent was very painful to look at, but perhaps she could ask him for a few pointers. Practice makes perfect after all, and she had a very, very long way to go if she wanted to be skillful with a pencil enough so that she could even hold a candle to his expertise.

Everything seemed to be in order though his mind had been peeled away from it as the wrap of knuckle hit the door. His ears perked up, only a single shuffle of feet, she hadn't brought her sister today. Not uncommon and he did enjoy both of their presences, though even with her younger sisters the time they spent together hadn't been less important to him. There had always been an odd connection when there had been something about spending that kind of time with someone one-on-one that helped to foster a friendship that made itself personal to each individual that had been involved. "One moment!" He set the bottles that he'd been holding down onto a nearby table that held the gathering of food and snacks that could potentially be munched on during the movies. 

It didn't take him that long to reach the door as his hand curled around the handle and turned it to pull it opened. "Hey there, Dani, good to see you! Looks like you're alone today." Trying to play off that he hadn't noticed the signs before opening the door had been an exhaustive bit but something that part of him felt was necessary to keep up even if it wasn't the more ideal position to keep being placed in. Certainty is never guaranteed that he could keep his mouth closed for long or that the Dhampir wouldn't eventually notice the signs or even worse the smells. It had been far easier to fool humans and far harsher to the predator species. 

"Come on in, I've got a really good gift you'll like." Travis stepped further into the room and turned towards the table to grasp the bottle of what he called 'Blood Pop' and held it out as a concierge would hold out a prized wine to customers. "I managed to work out some stuff and had it shipped over to my place. Did a double check with some magic to make sure it was the good stuff." Then proceeded to hand it over towards her. "I think I've got a pretty good movie for us to check out this time around too, heard a bunch of people giving it the high praise. Beauty and the Beast!"

Danielle's nose mildly twitched as the very, very faint scent of artificial blood invaded her nostrils; she couldn't tell what it belonged to. Had Travis gotten one of those lollipops she had been often seen abusing? The very idea strengthened the small smile across the Dhampir's lips. In no time, the door opened and revealed the older Bourke, just as she had expected.

"Hello. I hope it's not a problem." She peeked into the familiar room before being allowed in, stepping inside and letting Travis close the door. She watched him as he walked through the room and retrieved a bottle. It was where the scent was coming from. The girl looked at it with curiosity obvious in her expression, as if she had just gotten her hands on a shiny new toy during Christmas season.

She nodded to his statement about the movie they'd be watching in an absent-minded manner while the inspector in her decided to observe the bottle after taking it from his hands. "Thank you... Where did you get this from?" She couldn't help but question. If the taste held up, she could acquire some of those for her sister...

It'd been a good thing it wasn't a sudden surprise, rather something he knew she'd have picked the scent up on. The pull of what the nose and stomach desired had been a familiar scenario for him, though they'd been similar he did hope he picked the right kind of item to offer her. She seemed like she needed to smile more and he didn't mind trying to give that kind of atmosphere for her or her sister. Whatever had weighed heavily on them influenced, something else he understood far more than he wanted to admit he did. It had been a time for him to re-evaluate a lot about his life, whom he had in it, those that he may have caused a reaction on whether good or bad. 

Then he would be able to make a proper decision about himself and the personal path he walked. 

"Of course not, regardless, I'm always happy to hang out with you." Which had been true in Travis' opinion and belief. Dani had been an enjoyable person and it seemed like the first time they met the walls had fell away quite easily, probably in comparison to others that they'd been surrounded by. His eyes lowered to see the sketchpad that had been within the grasp of her hands and a smile grew widely on his face. "Oh hey, you brought your pad! Can't wait to see the work you've done in it. I mean, if that's okay." To each person how they drew had been a personal experience, their own view and perspective on the things that had been going on. 

Travis gave a firm smile towards her with a grin that followed soon after. "I knew it'd make an impression on you the moment you seen it! I've just been hoping it's everything that it's cracked up to be." He nodded smoothly before answering her query. "Well. . . My Mother is in the Ministry, part of the department that deals with assisting the various species. I prodded her about something for Dhampir's, a good treat and all that. Seems there is a supplier, very small, but caters to the growing numbers in a few areas of the world. Turns out? They have a place stationed here!" His hands relaxed at his sides as he watched her examining the bottle. 

"I believe the companies called. . . Blood's Touch foods. They deal in different artificial substances which I thought had been pretty cool. Plus, BT Food's sounds pretty awesome abbreviated." He started to turn about to walk over towards the television along with the dvd player that had been attached to it and proceeded to shift it to the right channel and adjusting the settings for a comfortable vision. Speaking of 'foods' did pang at his stomach a bit, the thought of the steak that he had hid behind the secret compartment had been gnawing at him. "So, do you have any plans for the rest of the break?

Danielle couldn't help but smile a little to herself at the mention of Travis' mother. Given her own untimely entry into Down Under, she had to cross that specific department to get her registration and documents settled prior to entry in Tallygarunga - it was likely that the boy's mother was one of the people she had to deal with in the first place. They were a surprisingly competent bunch, she thought, as she was good to go within the Ministry proper in just a few hours and was promptly shipped to Tallygarunga. If that was the case, it was an interesting coincidence.

As for the company name, she could only nod. It was something catchy enough that she could commit to memory without writing down and look up later on her own at a later point. Last case scenario, she could just take the little bottle she was holding with her. Transfiguring it into something lighter would make it easier to carry and not catch the attention of fellow students too much, she figured. "You think of everything, don't you? I've thanked you already, but truth be told, I'm not even sure how to properly thank you to begin with. It feels like empty words in comparison."

It wasn't the first time that the boy's thoughtfulness made the Dhampir's heart skip a beat, nor would it be the last. The little high of enjoyment was such in those moments that she'd forget the fact that Travis would, in all likelihood, be able to listen to her heart rate in that proximity. Instead of caring, in that specific instance, she decided to sit down where she was supposed to, clutching the bottle still; with her other hand, she held out the sketchbook for him to peruse. The gap in skill was painfully obvious in its pages, as she was just an amateur with a little under half a year of practice. However, it was visible that she trained incessantly, and that her hand was well trained and precise enough to pursue the hobby in long term. While she wasn't the most talented individual when it came to any sort of art, her skill ceiling would be fairly high in that one.

"Plans? Well... Not exactly, but there are a few things I'd like to get done sooner or later." She had heard through the grapevine that Travis was going to leave for the duration of the break. It was a bit disheartening, but on the other hand she'd have plenty of time to spend with her little sister. "First off, I need to go to the library more. The first term content for History of Magic this year completely blindsided me... It took a lot of effort to catch up." She hadn't bothered practicing her more hands-on subjects at all, not needing to, but that meant she needed to double down on theoretical subjects. Even for a logical-minded person like her, it was quite the grind to shove five years of knowledge into her brain on a variety of subjects and hope she'd catch up soon enough to actually pass the upcoming exams.

"Then... There are these things I hear people call 'video games'. I prefer to work with my hands, so the concept interests me... I don't know much about it, but it doesn't hurt to ask around. Lastly, I want to see if I can find something to focus on for a future career. I don't really know what I want to do once I'm out of here..." Or what she could do without drawing attention to herself.

A bashful smile touched his face with gentle laughing that rolled passed his lips. "Well, not everything. There are still a lot of stuff I haven't thought about. But maybe one day!" His head then shook lightly still holding on to the genuine smile. "You don't need to thank me at all, Dani. Just being able to hangout you is thanks enough to me." She could've always been doing something else such as hanging out with her little sister or studying. He'd been positive she heard the various kinds of things stated about him but there'd also been the risk that she went towards the boys' dorm side which held its own implications if someone actually managed to catch her. Not that he'd ever expected someone to do so easily not unless they'd been purposefully looking for the stealthy and swift teen girl. 

The sudden pulse of her heart echoed within his ears as a soft smile stretched on his lips. He didn't want to draw too much attention towards it if only to avoid risking if she'd end up feeling embarrassed or defensive that his attention had been drawn to such an occurrence. After she handed over her sketchpad to him, his hand slid along the side gently respecting the rule of 'edges only' that he instituted for himself. A gentle flip for each page that had been drawn, she may have only recently started but in a short time she'd been improving vastly and it had been appreciative work in his opinion. "Your effort really shows, honestly." After he'd went through to the first unmarked page he handed it back gently towards her. "Have you ended up finding what peaks your interest more as you draw?" He knew for himself? It'd been people, he'd essentially been a people watcher. 

History of Magic. . . If he remembered that had been taught by the Librarian herself until another instructor decided to take it up as their main subject. "It sounds like a rough curve, especially with the sharpness that the Librarian can speak in." He thought for a moment on how he could assist her more in her studies at least to even out that playing field. "If you want I can help you out with studying? Yea, we can go out to some place to get food and we'll do a bit of flashcard studying depending on what it is." While he had originally planned to not even be around during the break for personal reasons he found that his recent talk with the Nurse before the break halted him, only option for a few days away from the campus to get certain priorities focused. But missing his time with Dani hadn't been negotiable, it needed to happen. 

"Video games? They can get pretty crazy depending on the genre." Ones that required extreme hand-eye coordination he didn't doubt that Dani would most likely wipe the floor with well. . . A majority of people when he thought about it. "There is a list of video games that are for dancing, you know. Nothing violent just really crazy coordination. We could try and find it in an arcade somewhere. At least if you want to, don't want to snatch up a bunch of your time." It wouldn't have been fair if she'd wanted to branch out or hang with other friends. Even try to make some if she hadn't just yet. 

"Careers are always a bit of a bummer, aren't they? Or at least trying to find one." Once he pressed the button on the television it began to perform the initial bootup and then he went over towards his bed and sat down on it, scooting slightly to the side to offer more room for her to sit down on. "Nothing seems to strike your fancy yet? Or is it just too many things at once?" If it'd been on her potential talent alone he could see her in the field as an Auror. However, knowing she'd abhorred violence it wouldn't have been the best fit. 

Danielle shook her head at the initial question. She had never been the type to find one subject and stick with it - she liked expanding her horizons, trying everything she could, and learn all she could, exploring every nook and cranny that there was to be discovered. The same principle applied to art. There was no set theme anywhere displayed in the book - past the set style that she was trying to get minimally good at with, the little book read like a long stream of consciousness when it came to image variety. Whatever caught her eye, or imagination, would ultimately meet paper within her limited skill set.

"That's okay..." While she would've liked to spend more time with him, certainly, when it came to work she preferred to do it solo. Her pacing changed constantly and she was aware that most people were annoyed at how quickly she changed gears in pretty much anything - at least, her late father was.

Dancing didn't sound too appealing to her. "I think I need to figure out how to play these 'video games' first, rather than what I want to play, I think." It was apparent that she needed some Muggle apparatuses to produce the entertainment, but she didn't know much about it at all. She could tell plenty used the Muggle television, however, which at that point she was well acquainted with. It was a matter of figuring out how to operate it in such a manner. "As for jobs, the former. I'm not sure what I should look at to begin with, past wanting something that flies under the radar for the most part." She sat down as she spoke, not too close to the werewolf for the sake of her still beating heart.

"That's pretty awesome then. Means you'll have far more chances of inspiration hitting you." There had been a few artists he'd met that had been the sort that found their attention drawn to a single thing no matter what may have crossed their paths. While others, such as himself, had been more towards 'preference' than 'exclusion' in terms of personal choice. "You know one day we should hold ourselves a 'Sketchfest'. Pick a reasonable day to go out and just see what hits us and see the kind of work we can get done with it." It at least seemed like a good time in his mind. However first they needed to enjoy the day they'd already started. "But a day at a time.

Travis head tilted slightly in concern then nodded towards her in acceptance. "Alright, if you ever change your mind I'll always be here. Well maybe not here but I'll always be available to set up that time to help you out." This had been his Seventh year after all which meant at a certain point in the year he will already be going through graduation and leaving the school grounds. 

He should've been far more specific than he had been. "Let me back track here a bit. . . Hahaha, there are Arcades. Places where they have different machines and different games. Usually pretty crowded but far cheaper than trying to find a game console. Whether a newer model or older there's costs and with the older ones there's a chance they won't even be functioning." The cost of trying to get all the exact parts to fix a few of the ones that had been developed hadn't been worth the effort or finances in his opinion. "Also with an arcade you'll get a pretty extensive variety of different genre's while seeing if you even like video games and if you do? Will narrow down your preferences.

A soft hum resonated from him as they sat down next to one another, he hadn't noticed fully that she hadn't sat closer for a reason beyond just placement. "Could always go the route of a teacher, it's lowkey if you end up at Tally." He shook his head lightly. "I would say you could follow the kind of route I'm doing. While it's very low-radar in a way, it's well. . . It isn't the safest thing." Now he wasn't helping in the least. "Hey, why not go towards being a Magizoologist? It doesn't need to turn into any spectacular and caring for animals is a pretty good thing." He figured she'd been familiar with them as well given her preferred blood source. "And if it ends up causing some of your urges due to your chosen source I can always donate to you. "

He wasn't sure what the effect of a Dhampir taking in werewolf blood would be but it couldn't bad, right? As long as it isn't any blood from him as his transformed state he imagined it should be quite acceptable if that had been the route she decided to go. 

The idea of a 'Sketchfest' brought a small chuckle out of Danielle, to which she proceeded to nod lightly in agreement. That would be something to look forward to - although, she wasn't sure when. Wasn't Travis leaving very soon? Was it possible for them to meet up for that at the end of the break? Or would she have to wait for a random weekend during the second term altogether? She rationalized that it didn't matter either way, but a part of her was hoping for it to happen as soon as possible nonetheless as she truly cherished every second she spent with the fellow Bourke.

An Arcade seemed like the logical course of action for a newbie like herself, but she still felt somewhat averse to the idea of not only going into a Muggle area, but going to one that was 'pretty crowded' to begin with, like the werewolf stated. She didn't verbalize her reservations, although the minor contorting of her face revealed she wasn't too keen on the idea. The last thing she needed in a day during which she was supposed to have a fun was to have a panic attack in public. Maybe there were some hours where these 'Arcades' would be less populated? Maybe that was something to look out for, she thought.

She shook her head at the idea of being a Magizoologist. She didn't know the first thing about creatures; and as far as her blood intake went, she merely had an agreement with a local butcher to supply her with the liquid, for both herself and her sister, packed in neat little used water bottles. Truth be told, she wasn't a big fan of the source. It hardly appeased her urges at all, but it served to keep her in check.

Travis' offer, however, would most definitely satisfy those urges. "W-What?" She seemed quite taken aback with the idea. "...I don't think so..." She was quick to refuse; although, she did have the presence of mind to justify it. Danielle didn't want the boy to think she was disgusted at him or anything of the sort, after all. "I mean... I don't trust myself with that kind of thing. It's probably for the best that you don't do that..."

A lot of things needed to be considered on his end and not in a way that meant anything bad, not truly. If it meant that the schedule and when he personally expected to return needed to be adjusted for the benefit of key people to him? He'd be willing to do that and far more. Slowly but surely, His eyes had been opening to notice the others around him far better than he'd ever attempted to do so before. Now, he'd been trying to unhinge who they were, not just as individuals but also in relation to the impact and connection to him. That singular bond that defined two people, how strong it held and just how far he'd be willing to go in order to ensure that they wouldn't have a negative impact from his own actions. Reckless or otherwise. 

He understood the issue when it came to crowded places, Arcades tended to be that way and not just because of the amount of people that went. Ones that had been in small scale, even with a handful of people would give off the air of being ripe with a certain cluttered life. His gaze shifted towards Dani, noticing the contortion of her face which prompted him to offer a soft smile to try and ease whatever thought that process through the Dhampir's mind. A hand reached out to touch hers to offer a present security "Don't worry too much about it. We'll check out the good hours, I'll be there with you the entire time too." Since meeting her it had never settled in his mind to just up and leave her somewhere until a sense of confidence and the nervousness died down within her. Especially in the few classes that they shared together. 

Magizoologist didn't check out for her? Then it might be far more difficult than he expected, there'd been the idea that maybe she didn't even want a job in the Magical community? There'd always been the Muggle one but that could also carry a sense of risks on its own in safety depending. "We'll take some time to tour some Universities or something. You know, get a better idea of what's how there and what can be considered a pretty safe but good living." The thought of a Magi-Engineer did cross his mind for her, a somewhat ironic thing considering the different technologies had been so new and yet appealed to her. "With how interested you are in learning but different technology you haven't seen before. . . Maybe some kind of Magic-Muggle integration engineer? Something to consider anyways.

A chuckle escaped from him, maybe it'd been about time for him to come clean? At least to the few people he felt wouldn't judge him too harshly and she'd been one of the few in a position where judgements were heavy for being well. . . Not Entirely Human in many peoples opinion. "But I trust you, Dani." Travis stated firmly, maybe that had been all he needed to give himself a bit of courage to work on that belief. Slowly his hands rolled up the sleeves of his shirt to reveal the various animalistic claws that marred it. "I'm far more durable than most people might give me credit for. You don't need to worry about me in that way.

Travis wasn't certain how the process would effect, if he intended to trust her with a taste of his blood then whether or not she figured it out would be a moot point. There needed to be certain things understood that could potentially change certain aspects of her behavior. "It'd be stupid of me to offer my blood and not explain that . . . I am a Werewolf. Either way, I trust you and will even be there to make sure you know you can trust yourself." The last thing he wanted her to feel had been doubt that she couldn't stop herself or doubt that she'd go rabid. While he understand the difficulty of nature, certain things couldn't be stopped, there were still other things that due to the Humanity allowed them to stop with great effort exercised. 

"So if you ever want it or feel you need it? It's yours, no questions asked." 

Danielle's attention was captured by the feeling of a light touch in her hand. She looked at it for a few moments before looking back up at Travis. Despite not responding verbally, as was usual with her, she nodded, giving him the benefit of the doubt. There was no reason for her to think he wouldn't pull through - he had always been nothing less than thoughtful when it came to her, and she could say he had gone out of his way at points just to appease to her. That time was no different, and she was appreciative of that generosity. The least she could do was to engage him and trust his judgement, even if it left her hairs standing on end at first.

Teaching and engineering sounded like viable options. Those names usually didn't make too much of a splash outside their professions and workplaces themselves; they would make do for her ultimate goal of flying under the radar and evading enemy pursuit. However, she didn't know what she would teach, nor did she know much about Muggle technology yet; maybe she should take a year or two off after her Tallygarunga education was complete to broaden her horizons. She definitely had the funds to sustain herself during that time, and she'd be able to keep an eye on her sister as well.

When Travis revealed his status as a Werewolf, there wasn't a sliver of surprise in Danielle's face - she already knew, she had known for months. At a short range, a Dhampir's senses could rival a Werewolf's. There had been so many indicators that the boy belonged in that specific group that Danielle had figured it out within a week. Perhaps it was part of what had drawn her to him so much. Both were seen as monsters by society, yet she found comfort in his presence.

"That... Makes it worse, in a way, actually..." The Dhampir muttered, looking away. "Different types of blood have different effects. The blood of halfbreed species and werewolves, in particular... They can have very strong effects. Not necessarily negative, but..."

It was an embarrassing thing to bring up. She took a deep breath to gather her thoughts. "...Well, Dhampirs are creatures of instinct, and werewolf blood makes us extraordinarily vulnerable to physical urges and instincts... For better, or worse." They could grow particularly violent with a substantial kick to their physical power; on the other hand, as she recognized was her case, their inhibitions could fly out the window and she'd act on things she didn't want to. Whichever was the course of action her body would decide to take, it wasn't something she wanted regardless.

"...I appreciate it, I really do, but... It's just better if I don't do it."

Her hand felt nice, there'd been a smoothness to it compared to the somewhat rough nature of his own. Perhaps to be expected of him considering the amount of time he spent prowling and stalking with in the Bushland's like an unleashed animal. Not wanting to risk making her feel uncomfortable in his presence, his hand gently started to pull back and rested on his lap with a smile that shined in hopes to be a comfort towards his Housemate. "If you wanted we could take your Sister too. Or. . .It could just be us, up to you." There'd been a fondness and protective nature she held on her younger sibling that he found as adoring as he did admirable. 

It seemed they may have struck gold with an idea! It may not have been something capable of doing right after school but gathering that knowledge had been part of the fun, he wagered. That was, at least, how he started to feel about the idea of curses. Something that, if he managed to survive long enough, he could see him dedicating himself towards as a proper career. Something in the Wizarding world that needed as many specialists and scholar's as they could get. 

Yea, he expected that she caught on by now. Yet, she hadn't stated anything to him about it. . .? She'd been far sweeter and respectful than he ever could've asked for in that regard enough that caused him to give a humble bow towards her. "Thank you, Dani. For letting me tell you in my own time. I'm sorry I hadn't said anything sooner." He probably should've, it would have kept things far less awkward when he attempted to secure himself away from her sense, poorly at that, trying to find the proper means to actually trick the senses of a Dhampir were difficult unless he boldly used magic and even then only so much could be truly obscured. 

"That's a valid point and one that I've. . . Considered." Would she take up the blood traits of the species core urges? Or would it be far more personal? The last thing he'd wanted was for her to struggle with many of the emotional urges he held that were hard to not act on. While there'd been no violence in them there'd been a high sense of promiscuity from all of it. "Ah. . .Yeah, when you put it like that? It's probably best you don't drink for me. I. . . Just wouldn't want you to have to struggle with the kind of things that I do. It's hard enough and, really, you don't need that kind of a bad reputation." Whether she paid attention to what she may have heard? He wasn't sure but she'd been a sweet and nice girl, someone he found had been far too good to hang out with him and yet found it comfortable enough to do so. 

"But if you ever really need it, regardless, alright? Hopefully you won't be put in that kind of a dire situation but I'll do what I can if it comes to it." To see a sense of dismay or sadness touch her face? . . That hit him a bit as much as it did when he thought of Meadow. A reminder to himself that he'd been ignoring those that he shouldn't have in a way. It kept them at a unique mental distance that, perhaps, he needed to start breaking. 

"I guess that's just my way of letting you know, I'll try to support you the best I can." Had he ever told her that? He wasn't sure, but this time of reflection it felt like it needed to be stated with a new purpose in mind. 

Danielle shook her head as Travis apologized for not having revealed such an important secret about himself anytime sooner, dismissing it on the spot. She, of all people, fully understood the implications of having a non-human label attached to their name, moreso if that label was known for its sadistic, destructive tendencies. Dhampir had it bad as it was. Being creatures of instinct, like she had mentioned a few moments before, made them highly susceptible to lashing out or act upon their more primal need for blood; the constant badgering of discrimination often set people of her kin on edge, and gave them the spark to light the match that was their temper. She couldn't even imagine what a werewolf had to go through in the eyes of the populace, as they had an actual visible transformation to boot; and to top it all off, that same form was only dangerous to humanoids. Making that little fact about oneself a secret was perfectly understandable. It was a matter of life and death for many, even, depending on where they were located. Or, in her case, the fact that they were such a thing branded them for death no matter what soil they stepped on.

"...Thank you." It seemed that the matter wasn't going to be pressed, much to the younger Bourke's relief. She would be lying if she stated she never thought how it would have tasted like; at least, how he would. It was a thought that ran in the back of her mind constantly, and she saw it as a very good reason to keep herself from engaging in that opportunity to begin with. Travis was her first and post important link in all of Tallygarunga, and one away from the war she had endured as a child. He was a connection she truly cherished, and if it weren't for her little sister's existence, she would have considered him the most important person in her short life. It felt very odd for Danielle to think of him in such away, rationally. They had known each other for half a year at best. All he had done was be nice to her. But perhaps she was so attention-starved to begin with that she found herself latch on to the first being that gave her any positive attention; and there she was, sitting in Travis' bedroom, preparing herself to watch a few movies while trying to keep her heart from beating too fast with the physical proximity.

"I don't mean to overstep, but..." For a moment, she hesitated. Just because they had common ground, it didn't mean the matter was any of the Dhampir's business; at the same time, out of care for the boy, every fiber of her being screamed at her to speak up. "...I don't know the true extent of which we can relate in this, but, if you need to talk about anything, I'm here. Okay? I... I have some experience with various issues outside of school grounds or common knowledge, so... Maybe we can share the insight at times." Perhaps his own view of things could help her deal with the trauma as well. A mutually healing relationship, now that had been something she had never considered.

Maybe he should've expected that reaction, someone who understand the reason, who probably would rather hide their own heritage given the usual responses that bubble up as well. It'd been the reason alone that made him believe that he should've said it far sooner than he did. Not out of a sense of obligation to her but rather setting the playing field as a mutual understanding, that he'd been someone that understood her on a mental level when it came to the kind of obstacles that occurred in general society. It hadn't even stretched out to places that held far more chaotic means held against their respective people. Where Australia had them register, they merely painted them with a target, Tallygarunga made that target even larger - In his opinion. But what other place would've taken people like he and Dani? The records that would've needed to be accessed to keep their schools pure, none that he could've thought easily. 

Admittedly, he wondered what it would be like, if she'd chosen to draw blood directly from him. Not cold or reserved blood, warm and still pumped blood from the vein. The far more rougher nature that buried within him found the idea enticing, especially if it would end up in some form of primal wrestling of dominance. That had been the temptation of his desires trying to claw their way to the surface and as his heart gave a quickened haste of adrenaline through the thought of pleasure his head shook lightly, trying to clear the thoughts. "It's no problem, I don't want to place you in an uncomfortable position or situation." That had been some of the basis of his reason on why he took such great cares to be there for her. It had also been that on some level, he did find her as attractive as she'd been fun to be around. 

If he'd even been asked for a list of people that he considered important enough that he'd go out of his way for? Danielle would've made the list easily as would a handful of people. They were an importance to him, whether they've earned that sort of loyalty he hadn't been sure but he gave it and they had it. He turned his gaze towards her and a smile touched his lips as the thoughts flooded through his mind. 

Travis' head shook lightly. "That's not overstepping and you never have to worry about that kind of thing with me, really. Many things I lack, one of them, an actual 'Line'. Even my personal bubble doesn't exist." At least he made it known that if she ever felt as if it was necessary to draw closer to him or to cling, whichever came to mind, he wouldn't shun it or push it away. "I. . ." At first he started to speak and slowly closed his mouth, teeth chewed at his lower lip gently for a moment. "Are you sure? I know there are somethings you don't want to see or hear to try and distance yourself from those things." What he wanted to do wouldn't have been approved by her, that much he knew. "If so then. . . Okay. Not now, mostly because I have someone else that. . . Needs to hear it first from me before I can tell another.

Telling someone else anything that involved that core of himself before telling Meadow a certain true didn't feel right. . . Or proper. "But after that, then, we can talk. Whatever you want or feel is relevant.

Travis' words rung true in Danielle's core - there were plenty of things the Dhampir had been trying very hard to distance herself from as much as possible for the past several months. It was all a mixture of emotional trauma, need for pacifism, and the need to shield her little sister from any more horrors that were out to get them for as long as possible, much like their parents had; they gave their lives for it, and she wasn't going to make their sacrifices be in vain, fully willing to put her life on the line as well. But a thing that she had come to slowly realize over time was that a problem was still a problem if it was merely ignored. To work it out, she needed to confront it. To discuss it, face it head on, and defeat it. Perhaps doing it alongside someone who understood her problems could give her the much needed motivation to do so.

"...That's alright. I don't mind waiting." She nodded reassuringly. Whether it took him days or years to speak to this person, it didn't matter. He had given her a chance the very day she walked into that school. The least she could do to repay the kindness was to give him some breathing room. "There are things I don't want to think about, yes, but... At the same time, I feel like, at one point or another, I should. One can only run so far before their legs give out." Although, deep down, she hoped the Dhampir siblings wouldn't have to run at all anymore.

"Though, since we have to wait on that, why not watch the movies in the meantime?" She suggested, their conversation eating into the valuable little time they had to peruse the collection of films together. She didn't want Travis to leave in the coming days, but perhaps it would be for the best - it would give Danielle a chance of actually trying to stand in Tallygarunga on her own two feet.

Thankfully he smiled, his eyes showed a depth a gratefulness for the Dhampir's understanding. The mutual line of not pushing one way or another yet still letting it be known that the support is wide opened had been a lighter weight than he'd expected. Something he wasn't accustomed to and that was due to no one's fault but his own and he had to take responsibility for the harsh neglect in that matter. While he didn't originally believe the wisdom of the word she'd spoken, now in the height of realization it held far more weight in his mind than it would've before. "Guess it's one of those things where one day you'll have to stop running and simply. . . Face what nips at your heels." That's how he wanted to be, he wanted to be what nipped at right the edge of the ankle of his worse enemy and found that it only would hasten a battle that, in hindsight, he mostly wasn't entirely ready to endure to a satisfactory ending.

"Well, if you ever need to stop, just know I'm here to make sure you know you don't need to run alone." His gaze narrowed towards her with a toothy grin that stretched. "Whenever you're ready, obviously. Let it not be say that this Franklin was pushy. Nope. . . I leave that up to my Mother." As the years had gone on, the woman had become a force of annoyance, like a dog that constantly yapped and wouldn't stop until the demands were met for the various unfair laws and regulations put in place for those that had been categorized discriminately in the system. "But I'll try to come running when you need me. Even if I end up in another country for a bit.

Travis gave a smooth nod and soft laughter. "We did come here for some movie time, didn't we? Have to admit that I do love talking with you too. " Whether it'd been talking or a movie there had always been something enjoyable about the presence and softness of the atmosphere when it had just been the two of them. Had it been because there'd been no one else? No one working on the anxiety that welled up in the young teen? Now, after the largest of his secrets had been stripped off of his chest he felt far more relaxed, as if he had no longer been hiding 'Himself' from her and the posture of leaning casually against the bed showed. "Now, I admit, this may have a bit of violence. But. . . I think it's the kind of movie that can speak to both of us.

That had been when his finger slide along the remote that activated the DVD player, the CD whirled around in the chassis as the sound of the edges skidding could be heard, the gears grinding as started to push the image onto the screen. In beautiful golden cursive letters that appeared in the aftermath of dust-like stars: 'Beauty and the Beast'. "You know, at a certain point, my mom tried to drill this movie into my head." His eyes rolled, albeit lovingly, at how often he'd been subjected to it as a young boy. "She kept saying, 'Just remember this here Beast, Travy."