School Status:
Tallygarunga: Term One, VMU: Semester One

House Points

Sturt
Flinders
Spencer
Bourke
pxmBtN.png
An AU non-canon Harry Potter-inspired forum roleplay set in Australia.
THE AUSTRALIAN HOME OF MAGIC
Senan Connell

Invite What Hides in the Shadows Part 2

Sturt ☆ Double Agent✩ Kaitore
16 year old Halfbreed Fairy ☆ HE/HIM

( Part 1: What Hides in the Shadows

The two teens had arrived at the School, Senan had to admit that the use of the Bush Telegraph to get most of the way there had been disorienting and mostly because of the experience they'd just held. Battle had always been a weary ordeal and the adrenaline of it had started to recede from him a lot later. It'd been a stealth operation, get in and get out, luckily he'd already preplanned for the necessity to get back onto the school ground as he reached into his pocket and removed what seemed to be a silver ring that he slipped onto a finger to the hand that still had Maxine's held. This sparked an enchantment on the object which started to cast an illusory effect around the both of them by use of Fae crafters, they would be unseen for only a limited time which meant they needed to move to their destination quickly. 

He estimated that they had enough time, but he preferred not to take the chance and kept the original pace of speed up as he lead the way towards the West Wall and then traversed closely along it towards the F3 building. While approaching the structure his pace finally slowed down and shifted to gentle steps then approached the siding of it, a brief lean and gaze through the window to check if there had been any others inside making use of it for their 'Recreational' activities. It seemed they were in the clear on that front but it also seemed that some couple had made use of it not long ago with the way certain desks were adjusted and articles of clothing that had been left behind. 

A soft sigh escaped his lips, they were going to have to stand to avoid touching anything that might gross them out. Moving towards the door of the building he pressed his hand against the handle of it and turned it to push it open then passed through lightly guiding Max inside with him and then shutting the door tightly. As he released her hand the illusions that had been stitched around her would fall away and then he'd remove the ring allowing for the same to occur and pocketed the jewelry. "Artefacts, Always a good thing to have even though many Wizard's don't carry them around." Granted they didn't actually need to unless there'd been a legitimate reason other than research and testing. 

Senan reached to his side and removed his wand and gave a gentle wave of it several times as he started to press a spell on the door to make it heavy to avoid someone suddenly barging in and the walls to reduce the chance of sound by passing them. Things needed to be kept secret and it had already been bad that he had to break it in order to appraise Maxine of the situation she rolled herself into. The windows he simply just pulled the dusty curtains over them, if anyone from the outside didn't see movement they may not think twice about it unless they've constantly looked towards the building each patrol with detail. 

"There, we should have some privacy at least for a bit longer." 

Spencer ☆ StudentTecri
16 year old Muggleborn Human ☆ she/her

Traveling like that was not the best ways to travel, at least it wasn’t something she was used to. She hadn’t lost her balance, at least not completely and was still on her own two feet. She didn’t pay much attention to what Senan was doing, she was more worried about not wanting to meet the content of her stomach. He led them to the building and after making sure they were in the clear they walked inside. Max looked around with a disgust expression. “Why don’t they clean this place, ugh…” she commented as she tried to avoid touching anything, she was even scared of sitting on the floor.

She watched Senan quietly as he tried to make sure they didn’t get caught, she was sure she was already in trouble for using magic outside of school grounds and for breaking curfew, although that shouldn’t be something she needed to say.

How was she going to start? What was she going to ask? She looked up at him when he spoke, and when he was done she approached him quietly. “Are you alright?” she said staring at him for a brief moment. She has no idea why that was the first question on her mind, but she wasn’t sure if he was injured someplace else, he didn’t look like he was.

She had so many questions, but she wasn’t sure if she was going to like the answers he had for her. “Why did that happen? Why did they attack you?” she should have started with who he was, but it really mattered in the grand scheme of things? Whoever he was or whoever he says he is doesn’t really matter. “And why did you push me out of the way knowing that it could have been worse for you?” she was the reason why he had gotten injured in the first place and it was that same thought that was making her nauseous as it could

"Perhaps because they know it'd just end up filthy again. The real question should be asked, why do the authorities of the school allow it to be used as such." Though the tone of his voice held no inflection towards humor he'd been trying to lighten the moment, the potential tension that may linger and what would most likely follow soon after. In his mind, the less time they thought about what went on in the unsanitary room the better they'd be able to push passed the queasiness that would build up just from the sheer thought. "At least we didn't catch anyone in interruptus coitus." His attention turned towards Max and he offered a half smirk and then allowed for a sigh to escape his lips. 

He'd been aware of the underage laws that stretched the various ministries and it hadn't caught his realization until after, part of the reason why he took up the use of his personal magic in order to secure themselves. The young teen didn't need to have more issues built up against her, not in this way. She may have went out to cause a bit of mayhem about a sign but she'd been someone that had been helpful and caring at heart. It still threw him off, confused him, and it also humbled him. 

"Me?" A cursory gaze shifted about his form, a hand slid across the various areas of his body just in case the adrenaline had muted any pain that shot through. No, nothing, aside from the puncture holes within his short from the arrows everything seemed as good as it had been before the attack. "I'm fine, are you. . .? Alright, I mean." That's when he stepped closer allowing for his eyes to inspect her form, to make sure that he hadn't missed any potential wounds or Oberon forbid, an arrow that may have been accidentally ignored. "Thank you, for healing me. I appreciate it, truly." He stated after his inspection. 

Two questions and the only answer he knew for certain had been the first one, the second one? That had been something he still pondered in his mind on the way, it would've been far more logical to have grabbed her and used her as a shield than move her out of the way. But that had never been how he operated, he never risked another and to be put in a position where someone he cared- That thought. That's when his expression physically twitched and not and pain but in bewilderment. Did he genuinely development a care for her? It wasn't improbable, not with how much time they'd been spending and even less improbable when he considered he hadn't been trying to keep himself protected from her as if she'd been a potential enemy in the future. 

'By Titania's Wind. . .

"Because I was intended to be the leash to their blood thirst as much as they were intended to be the extensive help for my mission." Once spoken it sounded silly, stupid, why should he, a young teen, have a mission? But things in Europe were operated far differently than in Australia especially when it came to the amount of Dark Wizard's that polluted the continent. "To understand that you must understand me, I suppose. My real name is Senan. . . Connell. I come from an Irish family in the Upper Echelon's of society. Really upper, my Father's lineage has served under the seat of the Dark Lord when he lived." He let that sink in, to allow Max to see what it meant, what it really meant. Though just in case he wanted to clarify. "Once, Death Eater's had been a fitting title for He and many of those he surrounded himself with. Now? Simply Dark Wizard's. I suppose in theory I am too but not truly." He wished he could sit down or at the very least, sit her down. It's when the thought occurred to him as he began to trace his wand through the air as he dragged a seat close towards her then placed the tip of the wand towards it. A warmth beam of heat showered over the chair, evaporating whatever vile containments may have been on it and then he removed the jacket he wore and placed it on the seat as it had enough length to cover the back and most of the seat itself. 

"As you're aware, Dark Wizard's that swore allegiance to that figure were also the ones who believed in a clean world, Magic only for Pureblood's. A true irony that my Mother managed to obfuscate her true form, she who had been Pure Fae seduced my Father in his old dotage. I was born as a means to an end and for. . . Other reasons. Which makes me Half-Fae. Well, a little more than half, but that's another matter." Senan's head shook and a hand pressed against his forehead, the details of all of it had been something he couldn't fully get into, not after their night. They were things he'd have to break down bit by bit over time if he had that time. "Simply put, My Mother has her own little coup to try and dismantle and destroy my Father's bigoted ways. He has no idea of my full heritage nor his own. But he's a man of pride and holds in the need for revenge, his revenge is my mission. He sent me here to Australia to not only kill someone but to also kill those that should've died years ago. My mother, in all of her wisdom wishes to use these targets which means to not kill them." Stuck between a rock and a hard place, either obey one or the other in this wicked game that had been his 'Life'. He then showed her the picture that had been within his pocket, it'd been a much older male. Brunette hair and sharp green eyes with the expression of a stern fellow. "He's my much older brother.

At the corner of the picture held the writing of a name, 'Dylan Connell'. The full circle situation of a familial opera or at the very least some kind of Shakespearean tale. 

"Chances are those men? Were going to kill me anyways simply because they do not like me nor the fact that I don't condone unelicited murders. I have no problem raising my wand and ending a life but to spill blood in the streets is bad decorum and a twisted sense of humanity." In short, he'd been an obstacle to much darker urges and it hadn't been much of a secret that his wand had never tasted any of the unforgivable curses that theirs had. They were lucky those hadn't been casted. 

"As for why I pushed you out of the way, I. . . You. . ." He wasn't entirely sure how to vocalize it without sounding. . . Off, as if it hadn't been himself. Or maybe it had been himself one that hadn't been explored or nurtured or even allowed to truly grow. "I suppose because you've grown important to me." The sentiment had been as foreign a feeling as they were to say, like a piece of the puzzle that didn't fit but belonged in that spot. 

Spencer ☆ StudentTecri

She tried not to touch anything and was careful where she put her feet. She looked at him and shrugged, it was something she really didn’t want to know. His last comment just sent a chill down her spine. “Don’t jinx it.” She said nudging his arm lightly. “I mean, if you’re in that kind of thing I don’t judge.” she said with a chuckle trying to joke with the situation, but it ended quickly as she looked around and made a disgusted sound. At least now she wasn’t as nervous as she was before.

Max watched as he looked at himself and tried to be sure he was alright, she wasn’t sure how his arm was, but she approached him to try to investigate it better. “You shouldn’t see the nurse tomorrow, she can probably do a better job than me…” she spoke unsure if all his wounds were sealed before taking a step back. “Yes. I’m fine.” She spoke taking off her sweatshirt that still had a hole in it, the white shirt she had been wearing underneath had a whole and was stained, Max would have to hide it or at least try to fix it early in the morning. “I suppose I got to fix these and clean this shirt.” She joked but when he thanked her, she shook her head. “You don’t need to thank me Senan, really.” She would still do it a second time if she had to.

She listened to the boy a bit surprised, it was almost like he was telling a story, if it had been anyone else she probably thought they were trying to mess with her, but she didn’t see Senan as a liar, at least, not someone who would do such a thing for his own entertainment, besides, after what happened to them she was sure he was telling the truth. Half the things he was saying she was ignorant about, she was a muggle born, while wizards were born with these stories within their households she grew with different things, even in school whatever she hears she doesn’t understand. She needed to take a seat, there was too much information, information she didn’t understand, it was then when he tried to get one for her. She smiled at him and took a seat.

As he spoke, she listened to him, confused. She may have some different views of the world but using a child as means to an end was cruel. There was a faint feeling of sadness as he spoke about being, essentially, a tool. She was so stunned by the information that nothing that he could say would possibly surprise her. She looked at the photograph and she didn’t recognize him, which meant she couldn’t help Senan find his brother. “I don’t know him…” she commented. “If I did…I’d help…” she was pretty much useless at that point, at least while she was still stunned by all the information dumped on her lap.

She couldn’t quite explain why but she was feeling angry, perhaps the thought of losing a friend had become too real. She shook her head trying to make the anger go away but couldn’t. Bit by bit all the information was starting to make sense, with the little she knew and with what she had learned along with all the information given Max was able to piece the information back together. She got up to talk but was caught off guard by his response to her second question. She looked up at Senan and smiled at him. “Well, then it’s not weird saying that you too are important to me.” She spoke still smiling at him, before wrapping her arms around him and squeezing a bit tight. She was still trying to make sense of everything, but one thing she could make sense of, and it was her anger, knowing that someone she cared for could potentially be erased from her life.

Max stayed still and quiet for a while before letting go, she wasn’t going to let whatever he told her to scare her to the point of not acting, she refuses to let fear tell her what to do. First, he was his own person not the means to an end, and second, she really didn’t want him gone, which was more of a selfish reason. Max’s heart rate was moving fast and she tried her best not to stutter. “I…I know how to help you. You can use me.” She said bluntly before walking in circles around him. “I can be bait.” She proposed stopping in front of him while staring. “They will be after you, and me, they will come for me faster I’m a muggleborn.” She spoke without hesitation, she couldn’t be too useful outside the school until her seventeenth birthday but nothing said she couldn’t enchant things in school and use them outside.

A weak laughter escaped from him, unwillingly, as she nudged his arm. Then a balled hand rose up to cover across his mouth as a cough followed and halted the laughter as if he broke some form of decorum. Voyeurism wasn't his kind of route, not after the situation of him finding out the use of the room from personal eyewitness account. Shivers shook around his shoulders and spine at the memory that he thought had been scrubbed away. If only things were so easily tossed out of the mind without the use of some form of magical spell and storage. 

To have her so close inspecting him it felt. . . Weird? Embarrassing? He'd been used to being under the scope, the peering gaze of those that would check to see if any of the articles of clothing had been disheveled or rumpled, the kind of thing that would effect the image viewed by others when he'd been expected to be prim and proper. Having another actually checking for wounds showered a feeling of awkwardness within himself. Then his head shook lightly. "Any wounds I have will be managed one way or another, they'll heal on their own. The less people that know I get injured the less likely other thoughts may run along." He's heard of the Nurses impartial stance when it came to peoples business and it still had been something he couldn't chance. His eyes lowered to see the stain that soaked at the point of contact of her white shirt and caused his teeth to clutch tightly. It shouldn't have happened. . . Yet thinking of a wishfully different outcome had been pointless. "I do, not many would've stayed to tend it. Most would've crawled away while the attack still happened.

It was a lot of information, he was well aware of it all. Yet it had also only been the topping of the cake, so to speak. While it'd been a summarization he opted to omit the various ways that both parents had manipulated one way or another, it seemed as if it wasn't only the time to get to that depth of a detail but also the kind of thing that hadn't been important to consider in the moment. The unfortunate realization towards the Wizarding world, in his opinion, had always been how dramatic life had been for those that wielded magic. There'd always been a problem when one crossed the world from Muggle to Wizard or in his personal case, a lineage of people in power that had been losing it dramatically. 

Senan's head shook gently with a soft smile given towards her. "It's fine. Even if I do or when I do find him I'm not even sure which path I would take." The intelligence that had been gathered had been clear, attempting to take him in a solo attempt with his own skills and experience severely outmatched would've been suicide unless procured a Luck potion which would at least better his chances of escaping alive. "Because of that uncertainty I wouldn't want to risk your life, anymore than that's already happened." He felt as if he dragged her into something that had been more than she bargained for trying to befriend him. 

"What. . .?" His head tilted to the side, even if he had been one to say the words it felt even more out of place to hear them spoken towards him. He even looked around the room for a moment to see if there'd been someone else about that maybe it'd been more intended for, the hug that followed forced the reality of her words hit in his mind quickly. "Max. . ." Her name flowed from his lips in a softened tone which had been proceeded by his own arms wrapped around her into a tight hug. It had been the second time this very night that they'd embraced in this way, both had been different and yet similar. He hadn't been numb to emotions, this hadn't felt as if it were a hug of relief - the tightness, it felt more of a cling that didn't want to end. Or had he been projecting? Of that, he hadn't been entirely sure. 

The base of his chin pressed against the top of her head, it felt as if the hug had been going longer than it really had been. There'd been no complaints from either from it, which had been an oddity in itself in his mind. As she broke away from the hug his hands slowly receded, there'd been no haste or urgency to open that gap. His expression shifted as he stared at her as if she'd grown several heads, lost her mind, and had been streaking naked through the courtyard. It hadn't been a bad or inaccurate plan in concept, their bloodlust had been their vice and one thing he knew about true Dark Wizard's had been they couldn't ignore their deeper vices for too long. It had been a massive flaw for some reason in them but the flaw in this plan had been it'd been her  being the bait. 

Slowly his face started to shift to one that held obvious extreme concerns. "Did you hit your head hard in that fall? You could get hurt, worse!" His mind began to run through the various scenarios, the statistics of things going right or wrong and the wrong seemed to be winning by rough statistics to him. "I could lose y-" Before he could finish he clamped his own mouth shut. That he didn't expect to nearly leave his mouth and he tried to shake his head and push passed it. Maybe he should hear her out before he tried to shut her down even if he vehemently disagreed with the course of action. "Then what's your idea?" The tone of his voice held a heaviness, hesitance. 

Spencer ☆ StudentTecri

He seemed alright, they were both physically fine, emotionally she couldn’t say she was fine as the event kept being replayed in her head over and over again, but instead of letting it take over she decided to joke with the situation my sticking her finger into the hole of the shirt and wiggling it like it was a worm. Once she stopped joking, she cleaned her hands on the shirt, staining it a bit more before putting her sweater back on. She smiled at his insistence, she had previously explained to him that she had no intention to leave him.  

The information wasn’t easy to process, she had noticed something on him the first time she had met him, but she wasn’t expecting him to be fae nor any of what he had spoken. Now she can understand why he had been so literal during certain conversations, she had mixed feelings about it. Was it sadness? Was it anger? Perhaps a mix of both.  She smiled back, she hadn’t seen him smile like that before, it was odd but nice. He seemed to be worried about her as much as she was worried about him, perhaps she shouldn’t, he was skilled and probably had been in a more dangerous situation than she had, but she couldn’t stop that small feeling of pain whenever she imagined that he’d get hurt.

She couldn’t deny that she had grown attached to him, perhaps more than she would want to admit, but it was better to speak her mind than to keep it inside, there was no point in hiding it, however even if she had kept quiet, the embrace shared was somehow enough  to explain, there was a soothing feeling about it, during that moment there was nothing she had to worry about, they were both safe and alive, but she had to go back to reality, as much as she wanted to continue she knew they couldn’t.

Max watched Senan’s reaction to her proposal, she simply smiled at him and shook her head at his question. It was the only idea she had that she knew it could work, they probably know what she looks like and the best way seemed to take the fight to them, she was a muggleborn, they will be more tempted to go after her. Her gentle smile grew as he was about to speak but stopped. “I’ll be okay.” She knew it wasn’t enough to convince him, she had to admit it was dangerous.

Senan seemed to be willing to listen to her, which gave her hope. “We can go at this from two or three angles I suppose.” She began talking as she stood in front of him. “If I linger long enough where we were tonight maybe they’ll come back to finish the job, if we study the layout of the neighborhood, we can use it to our advantage.” Max lowered her head in thought, it would be easier to divide and conquer. “The basic idea is to split them, they were in pairs and if this time the same happens…it can work.” this seemed to be the safest route, no actual initial contact and they just had to wait, her other idea was more direct. “I don’t think you’ll like this one…you kinda have to deliver me to them, they might not even see a trap coming.” She wasn’t entirely sure if Senan would agree to such a thing. “Either you wait and lay the trap, or you take the fight to them…the second is a lot more dangerous, not only for me but for you too, you can get severely injured…”

Senan, on the other hand had been sound of mind at least for the most part. Emotionally he'd be solid and mostly because it'd been because of his view that it was simply the casualty of the 'war' that he fought, the battles, betrayals, they were things to be expected. Even more so to a person whom had been forced to take part in two different sides with one side none-the-wiser of the full extent of his reach and participation in the various skirmishes that spanned. Or at least it would've been solid if he didn't consider that Max had been attacked as a consequence to the little bit of chaos he'd been wrapped around in. Concern hadn't been an expression of thought that could even be considered familiar, almost as alien as many other feelings he'd been feeling in the moment that connected to the red-head that stood before him. 

Concealing much of himself had been a criteria of what had been expected of him. Not in just his operations but in the very blood in his veins, he'd been more surprised that his Mother hadn't stepped in to try and seal his mouth ship. But it'd been equally likely that she'd been sitting back watching things unfold out of amusement and curiosity, mostly curiosity. Smiling, if he had to give a proper descriptor on the feeling that had been left behind after it receded when feeling content to see hers? It had left the tinge of ache, the feeling of muscles barely ever used being strained due to teh extreme newness. Had genuine smiling been so far from him that such a pain had been left behind? His hand rose up and the tips of the fingers brushed against the radiating numbness that seemed to persist from it before it would cool down. 

Words were strong conveyor's, at least in most cases when the walls had been stripped away entirely which he found himself facing - feeling far more exposed than he ever planned to occur. Their clutch only added to the radiation of those emotions that had been spoken to be felt in a different way, one he couldn't explain or put into words adeptly enough. It'd been as if they shouldn't have spoken at all with the depth that it spoke, where words could've been lies, raw unprotected emotions stitched an entirely different view and tale. It dragged his mind back to their first meeting, though his words then had been a means to try and appease and to find a way to fit in it made far more sense - He 'saw' her now, if she'd been stuck within a crowd of people he knew there'd be no way to truly ignore her in his sight, so to speak. 

Inwardly he cursed those walls from being so exposed now, nearly saying something he knew he couldn't back away from. Truth even had been he probably couldn't, it wasn't as if he stopped himself half way, he nearly had been at the end of completing the phrase. The smile had been enough that showed Max at least caught it and most likely understood which caused his gaze to shift away from her only listening to the decelration about her being alright. "That sounds like some grand optimism you're working with." He wasn't sure if their wands had tasted the full corruption of the unforgivable curses yet the larger issue had been the linger of intent. 

"The first plan is equally dangerous, if we're split I can't really help you if things turn for the worse." Senan hadn't been concered about himself or his own safety, as long as there'd been a way for him to secure her own safety regardless of the plan followed. Both plans he didn't like and not because they were bad process of thought, they were what one would expect in low risk, low reward or High risk and High reward tactics. But why. . . Why did the thought of her being hurt cause his chest to tighten? His hand rose up and pressed at the center of it and his head shook to try and juggle away the thoughts. "And the second plan I had intended to do or at least a portion of it. After getting you to safety here I was going to go after them myself and settle it. Slim chance of survival, really, but I would've managed to be able to wound both of them enough to survive I believe.

Fighting directly had never been his style, feints and misdirects, if he had to give himself a designation it'd be far more Spy-like than Soldier-like which had been a different form fo battleground and design. "But to lure them with you as bait we'll need to make it far more enticing. something they cannot ignore." He clutched his teeth, he didn't like it and it would'nt have been his first choice in any venue to use her in this way. "I know how you are about your freedom, your choices, they make you. . . You. I won't tell you not to try and help, as much as I hate that you could be injured or worse. Either way, the best way to make you a dinner of high quality to them by spreading truth." A sense of a truth in his mind, he hadn't known just how true it would be but maybe once it actually had been released into the air it would give a personal epiphany. 

"By me letting it slip to their contacts the importance you have to me. If I deliver you to them they'd suspect something, but if we can get them on your heels of their own volition? Give them the idea that I am unaware that you're being targetted by leaving you opened, walking into areas where this the little to no traffic of others." The Narry-Tally road seemed like the best of idea or even Mackey's Shack, it'd been a place the Old Man had rumored to be in but there'd been no truth on how often his presence actually had been in the rundown building. "We'd need to prepare though. Items are much easier to conceal their purpose.

They were both witnesses to something which made them a loose end that needed to be snipped, that had been in their favor as much as it had been a disadvantage. "I just don't feel comfortable using you in that way." 

Spencer ☆ StudentTecri

She watched him carefully but still smiling at him, it was a soft and small one, nothing too evident. The emotions haven’t settled in completely, or perhaps they had, it was time for the mind to start absorbing all the information about what was happening, but as the conversation progressed the emotions didn’t settle. She couldn’t help it, she was optimistic about it, it was better if they both went, if one was to go alone it would be even more complicated. She couldn’t deny both plans were dangerous, not just for herself but for him as well, the last thing she wanted was to cause him more trouble and put his life in danger, but she also could sit in the sidelines, she was scared yes but, she wasn’t going to let it stop her.

As his hand touched his chest she wondered if he was hurt, without even thinking she grabbed his hand to be able to see if that was something there, but at the sound of his voice, she just looked up and frowned. “And you think I was just going to let you go? Alone? After what happened? I can tell you that I wouldn’t, what if something happened? What if they injured you again? Can you be one hundred percent sure that you’d be back alive?” she had yet to let go of his hand, tightening the hold as somehow she feared to lose him, she had already admitted she had grown attached to him and he was important to her.

Upon realizing he’d probably needed it back, she let it go, a bit embarrassed for grabbing it so suddenly. He seemed to understand how she felt about not being caged out of fear, which made her smile, making the previous frown disappear, but she was still curious about his plan. There was a feeling she couldn’t quite explain, she was happy, but confused and was starting to have a hard time staying focused on what was being said, but she had successfully listened to it. She took a deep breath and closed her eyes before opening them to talk to Senan. She tried not to smile again, why was she even smiling at something like that? She couldn’t understand. She decided to avoid eye contact for a brief moment. “So, what if they don’t believe it? What then? And how will we prepare? Not to mention we need to come up with some more details for the plan.”

Max took her hand to her chin as to think of something, but her chain of thought was broken by the sound of his voice. “You’re not using me Senan, I volunteered for this, I don’t want you to think that.” She spoke looking up at him. “I care too much to let you do this alone, two are better than one. I can’t do what you can, not in a million years, but I’m not completely useless, and if you think I’m going to let you die you’re wrong. If you do, I will hunt you down and I will personally go get you to the afterlife.” She spoke if confidence as she crossed her arms and stared at Senan with a serious face. Her words probably didn’t make any sense, even to her she couldn’t understand how in so little time she had grown so attached to him.

How had he felt about such insistence? Admittedly, there'd been a lingering feeling of gratitude that someone had found him worthy enough to not only assist but also place their life on the line and not because some mutual ideal told them it'd been the proper way to engage. He also would've preferred if she'd taken the place on the lines, it wouldn't have diminished the way he saw her after the way she sought to care for his wounds before her own. It'd have been a lie if he didn't have any reservations about pulling the intention of halting the Wizard's on his own and while having a partner did make the chances better it perhaps didn't help that he knew she hadn't been exactly trained to handle these kind of confrontation's, presumably. 

'She must be either scared out of her mind and choosing to ignore it or a who level of reckless that I cannot see. . .' Senan could only believe that the former had been the reason. As her hand shot out to grasp his tightly, it reminded him that there'd also been the sense of concern for his own safety and wellbeing. Quite the oddity, that someone would even think that kind of thought had been proper towards someone like himself. The words spoken struck at him, almost as if he could feel the very presence of his bones and chest vibrate from each pointed question with his own hand tightening with hers. "I didn't exactly plan on telling you that would be my route." Did he subconsciously think she'd stop him? He thought it'd been simply obvious from her care and concern back at the rundown home. "Hundred percent sure? No. The rough numbers I ran through my mind had been a twenty percent chance of survival, no scenario would have me unscathed. But I did hypothesis that I could mortally wound them both enough to make the risk worth it.

His mind couldn't stop thinking in risks and tactics, that certain sacrifices justified the recklessness if he prepared himself well enough. There'd been confidence enough within his own capabilities but that alone wouldn't solidify a proper victory, at best, it'd be a bloodied stalemate. "They're older, more experience and time to hone their magic and specializations. Far more vicious as well which would fuel their tenacity." That had been everything he considered to the glanced over statistic in his mind. "My Fae nature would be an unexpected ace, they wouldn't know how to defend against those talents too well. But that just means they'll be far more prejudiced to kill.

When her hand had released from his own it felt, weird, a tingle? No, almost like a spark left behind. His head shook once more to try and push the lingered feeling from his mind while it slowly started to drop back to his side. He didn't want her to have to wear that frown again, it looked like one of fear and worry - that didn't fit well, not as well as the smile that replaced on her face which had been enough to have him concentrate on her eyes. Had they always been that nice? A clearness to them. What. . . Was he even thinking? Once her eyes tore away from his own it felt as if some curse lifted, his heart throttled and caused his own gaze to shift away from her to look at dark corner in the room. "They will believe it, I can make certain of that." He'd been certain, exceedingly so, that his own reaction when talking of her would give enough away towards truth to convince their contacts. "We'll need to make objects, enchant everyday ones that have effects that can be triggered a certain amount of times.

As he spoke of artefacts his own hand slipped to the ring that hung, it'd been laced with a Fae based enchantment for invisibility. The kind of magic that Wizarding ones held difficulty in disenchanting from his understanding. Senan walked over towards Max and gently took up her right hand, pulling the ring from his finger and placing it on hers tenderly. "It should work for you too, a ring that grants Invisibility. You just need to think about thoughts that are based on hiding." It hadn't clicked in his mind what he'd just done on a bigger picture level. "I'll have something that can replicate my ability to create a 'Flashbang' of pure light. You'll need to wear some special lenses, contacts that are enchanted and can be triggered by a wizarding phrase. The heavy details of the plan we'll need to do when we're not pressed for time." Time was a must for preparation and if they could look at every angle and even study historical scenarios that were similar they could create a strong plan and idea. 

Hearing her so bluntly admit she cared about him caused a slight tint to form along his cheeks, face bared away from her while taking in a hefty course of air to keep himself from flushing too much. "You can do anything you put your mind to, Max. You're selling yourself far too short, especially someone whose as brave as you are. Reckless, as well, but you have a lot more to offer than you might believe." While she may not have been an 'Ace healer' she still managed to use the spell in the heat of the moment, without ever messing up the conjuration of it. The claim that she'd hunt him from the afterlife itself caused his attention firmly settle on her, an absentminded smile formed on his face. She'd been that attached, the words spoke volumes in his mind. "I'm not going to roll over so easily. There's nothing in the afterlife for me.

Spencer ☆ StudentTecri

As Senan explain to her that he wasn’t even sure he’d get out of there alive and at twenty percent? That wasn’t something she would like to hear, she didn’t even realize that she didn’t even have a saying in it. “Twenty percent isn’t even enough, people are not numbers, they are not predictable and if they are more experienced how do you think those twenty percent would turn out?” she shouldn’t be scolding him but she couldn’t help to feel a slight knot on her stomach every time he kept thinking about going, maybe she was just indisposed from the whole event. She wondered what he was going to say to them, the thought lingered in her mind, perhaps she shouldn’t concern herself with it, whatever he could say to get the plan to work. Max couldn’t be certain if she could enchant objects, possibly she could try without anything blowing in her face.

She looked up at the boy as he picked her hand and place his ring on her finger. What did it mean? Probably some irrelevant meaning, but it did make her wonder, the gentle touch was something new. She watched at the ring before looking up at him, still surprised about everything, but the atmosphere was heavy, she was having a hard time processing everything. “Do you want to marry me or something Senan?” she tried to joke but it didn’t come out as funny as she thought it would, probably because of the situation they were both in, she shouldn’t make jokes. “I’m sorry.” She apologized as the knot she had felt before became stronger and she looked away trying to avoid looking at him, she had to start knowing when she could joke. She played with the ring in her finger as he spoke. “How do I make or get those lenses?” she had no idea what those were or how she could get her hands in one, especially since she didn’t want to go completely blind.

It was only moments later that she realized how ludicrous her words sounded, why would he care if she cared for him or not? “I am an idiot.” She thought to herself before Senan began talking. Her pale cheeks seemed to grow a bit of color as he spoke, they sounded honest. His smile created a reaction from her, she smiled back at him without even noticing, it was quite addictive, the heavy atmosphere was starting to wear off. “I suppose that good. I don’t think I could ever beat whatever there was for you in the afterlife.” She tried to joke, at least this one seemed to be better than the last one. She stared at him with a smile as she tried not to laugh at what just happened.

“I don’t think I thanked you for saving me, or for the ring.” She said staring at him with a smile as she showed up the ring. “What about you? Will you be alright without it?” she didn’t want him to be only worried about her, he needed to worry about himself as well. “I think we should meet sometime during the break; most students won’t even be around so we can have more privacy and not worry that someone will catch us.” She proposed. Did she want to leave? No, she didn’t, the moment she did she would be having a hard time keeping her mind quiet. “Also…” she started before opening her arms and moving in for a hug, this time she didn’t plan on letting go so soon. She wrapped them around Senan and took a deep breath, she was grateful for what he had done for her. “…I want you to know that you’re your own person, not means to an end. You’re you.” she said squeezing a bit tighter, and not letting go. It probably meant nothing to him, but she wanted him to know that she didn’t think he was, at least not to her.

He just stared at her, his eyes shuttered several times entirely calm. She hadn't been incorrect, the human consideration couldn't be attributed as a matter of fact in numbers. There were several hundred of factors that couldn't be predicted even if he held the mind of a computer to actively calculate all that had been plausible and possible. "Numbers are never a dedicated point of belief or fact. Much like an operation preformed by a doctor. What it does give, is an idea of the chances, which had been the point of it." What had been the chances that he'd be able to crawl away with his heart still beating or with it crushed amidst the weight of curses. Normally he wouldn't have bothered even taking such a risk but that had been in the consideration that only he'd been a target, that no longer had been the case and he couldn't let them be free to target Max no matter the cost to himself. 

The ring itself held no specific meaning to him, it was an artefact - useful trinket. But it had all the intention of trying to give Max options to keep herself protected, out of harms way. A way to keep her alive and that had been exceedingly important to him. It had been a weird feeling that had slowly started to make its presence known within himself. The way the tint hit her cheeks, a bashful cuteness in his eyes - a thought that quickly took to an accelerated speed at the joke she issued. "W-What?! Marriage?! N-No, Not yet! I mean, no! No. " A knot rolled up within the depth of his chest and his hand pressed against his cheek as they turned a brightened red with a soothing rub to try and calm them. Why did she have to joke about something like that when his mind had already been thinking such an odd thought about her. "We can order some. . . " The tone of his voice had softened and gradually started to build up to me confidence and sounding less as if he'd been caught suddenly off guard. "There are kinds Muggle's use to just color their eyes, no correctional use. Those should be fine. We can make the items we need together." Hearing his phrase of 'Together' his cheeks brightened further as he suddenly blurted out. "As a Team!" Oberon's Wings, that didn't sound much better after the tease she made. 

This must have been what it felt like to have someone lighting a blaze under ones rear and being caught in a compromising situation where it couldn't be understood what had been happening around themselves. Inner awareness of himself had started to become even more scrambled. 

Hearing that she cared about him had been words that shot a jolt through his body, electrified everything on the inside enough that it felt as if it resonated on the very edges of his skin and body. His eyes rolled slightly and his head shook as if she didn't catch his meaning. It hadn't crossed his mind just how it would all sound what had been about to leave from his lips. "Why worry about that when I have you here in the living?" This time the words that spoke actually reached his own ears and his jaw clutched tightly, why had he been speaking so haphazardly all of a sudden? It felt as if something in his mind had broke or had it been the atmosphere? The shift from heavy to something far more docile and comfortable. 

Hopefully he could build himself back up to the usual firmness and collective air, finding that her gratitude had been a good platform to attempt it. "You don't need to thank me. I was just trying to keep you safe. Albeit, I failed at it the first time. . ." That hadn't gone exactly as he planned but he tried to keep the final portion of his words as a means of levity. "I should be fine without it. If I'm smart in my movements I won't need to use it even once. But it will come in handy for the bait idea." Afterwards, well, he figured he would let her keep it. It would probably come in handy a lot more for her than it would for her given the naturally sneaky nature. "It will be good if you need to go and grab signs again, you won't end up being caught or seen so easily." A smooth nod flowed from him in agreement to the meet up plan. "I believe my Roommate will be away during the break so we could use my dorm. Should be simple enough with the ring in use.

Then it came, one of the very actions Senan had never been ready for at all today, Max's Hugs. For the third time he felt her arms around him and this time it'd been one that didn't have any plans on letting go. It caused a heat to touch his face as the coloration shifted brightly, arms lifted up slowly and wrapped around her waist as he pulled her into a reciprocated embrace. "Thank. . . You, Maxine. . ." Her full name from his lips and his mind flashed to their first meeting. It almost felt like it happened only yesterday as the scene unfolded in his mind with only one moment of it that stuck out the most to him. "And your music isn't ignored, I see you and I listen to it. Even amongst the crowd." The words couldn't be stopped from leaving his lips as if the tightened hug and her words that dripped of the emotions worn in the moment persuaded them from his mind and voice. "And I don't plan on leaving easily."

Spencer ☆ StudentTecri

He seemed to undervalue his life, trying to take unnecessary risks, at least in her opinion, but it could be that she didn’t want him to get hurt. Her joke didn’t go the way she had planned. She watched as he was embarrassed with the situation which caused her to be embarrassed as well but she couldn’t stop thinking of how cute his reaction was. “I’m sorry.” She looked at him a guilty smile on her lips until she processed everything he had said. “Wait what?” she whispered surprised but it probably just a matter of speaking, she shouldn’t read too much into things. As the joke began to lose its effect Max wondered where they could get the lenses, perhaps sunglasses would do. “If sunglasses do, I think I have a pair in my room…I can give them to you tomorrow just to know if we need to get something else.” She looked at him with a smile, excited about what they going to do, or perhaps was for the fact that they’d be doing something together, as he had put it, like a team, maybe not an ideal team but a pretty good one regardless. “Sounds like a plan to me.” Max began to feel slightly nervous and it wasn’t from what had happened outside, their actions and words, things that had been spoken seemed to carry some sort of emotion she couldn’t understand.

She looked at him surprised, a faint color of red appeared on her cheeks once more and the knot on her stomach grew tighter, perhaps it was just hunger, or maybe it wasn’t in the stomach at all. She stared at him for a while until her surprised look faded when she grasped the meaning of the words. Things began to settle down but there was no turning back from what had been said and experienced and she wouldn’t want to turn back from it.

He was wrong, he prevented something much worse, and what was an arrow compared to the loss of a friend? Or maybe just more than a friend.  She couldn’t say he failed, because he hadn’t. “You didn’t fail…I’m alive, aren’t I?” she whispered not wanting to interrupt him, but at the same time wanting him to know that she didn’t consider what he did a failure. A playful smile grew on her lips as she heard the word signs, she still needed to go get the stupid sign and search for her roommate’s skateboard that was probably lost by the now. “I still need to find my roommate’s skateboard, I left it by the house. You can join me if you want.” She wasn’t sure if he was going to accept it or not, perhaps Max could get the skateboard before her roommate realized it was gone. “And, I don’t go home during the break, so any day is good for me.” She just had to figure out a way to avoid her roommate’s questions.

Max closed her eyes when the hug was reciprocated. Had it always felt so good being hugged by someone? The sound of his voice was soothing and the embrace, even more, she didn’t want to let go but she understood that it could only happen for a while longer as they both needed to get back to their rooms. He didn’t need to thank her for stating the truth, at least the truth to her. Her song was nothing special, but was he being honest about hearing it? Or simply trying to calm her down? Her head rested on his chest as she thought of the meaning of those words, they seemed honest, honest enough for her to wonder if he would want to continue to listen, everyone grows tired eventually. “Well, we eventually have to go back to our dorm rooms, so in a way, you’ll be leaving, well, we both will.” She chuckled but understood what he meant. “Good and I hope Australia will make you want to stay.”

The smile of guilt she wore struck at him in a unique way, he couldn't explain the feeling of it. Good? Further embarrassed? A mix of the two? It hadn't been the guilt that lingered from it but rather the simple fact she still could manage to smile. In an infectious way it caused his own to form, only to instantly drop as she began to question his wording. "Nothing." The word came out swift and firm, as if he'd been trying to cut the head off of a snake. If they wormed in on the fact that he said 'Yet' it'd only make both of their cheeks redder, he knew that much, and he had yet to even piece together why he even said it in such a way instead of just seeing it as a joke. Even with the awkwardly warm feeling that hung at the center of his chest from the thought of even being around her in general. "Sunglasses can work perfectly. We'll enchant it so it can resist intense sunlight." She agreed to easily, even after his bumbling, 'A Team'. He couldn't remember the last time the phrase had been a beneficial and positive sounding one. 

The words were spoken not just into the air but in both of their ears, something in the way that her cheeks had started to recede from the reddened tints gave him an understanding that she caught his meaning. He'd been more shocked in himself than the words, that he would've even said them in the first place had been one thing but to actually feel the words resonate as emotions inside of him. It couldn't be explained, comprehended in anyways to him and yet he understood. What had been this contradictory madness that raged on the inside?

"You're alive. .  ." His voice spoken softly, a repeating it as if it'd been a new revelation. She had been alive, while he would've preferred her uninjured in the process that wouldn't have been any possible thing to do unless he sacrificed himself fully as a shield. That should've been the important thing he focused on, that she still breathed and had all of her limbs, that she didn't need the touch of a far more experienced healer or doctor. A 'battle field medical treatment' seemed to suffice for the most part which couldn't always be a guaranteed seal when it came to battle especially on the scale of use in magic. Excellent, she didn't leave for break, which only drew a shit-eating grin to form unbeknownst to him. It quickly receded and his head shook. "I'm not going to let you go back there alone, Max. Besides I have to head back anyways.

There was the small issue of something left behind that needed to be disposed of, it couldn't be found or it would lead to much larger questions and a far more difficult time of their plan. 

Senan felt warm, or had that been Max? No, it was him, something about having hugged her this time felt soothing and radiating. There hadn't been fear or relief it simply felt, 'Right', to him. Did they really need to do anything else anytime soon? If only to enjoy the moment that had unfolded from their connection, afraid that it might not occur again for one reason or another. To him her song had been beautiful, eye opening even - if it hadn't been for that he would've written out someone from his life that in this moment he couldn't fathom what it would've been like to not have that presence, that sound. As her head pressed against his chest his eyes widened, the presence of his heart began to beat as the adrenaline of attraction kicked in. It'd almost been as if his mind finally realized how close she had been and even further how against pulling away he'd been. 

"I'm sure my cold bed will be just as comfortable." His voice eased out trying not to sound nervous but also attempting to add a bit of levity to avoid thinking about the fact they'd have to leave soon. "Australia, Huh?" Why did it disappoint him that she didn't say herself instead of Australia? His head shook, the thought needed to be pushed back as long as he could. The throttle his mind will end up taking after all of this would be massive. "It's been good so far. Much more welcoming than home.

Spencer ☆ StudentTecri

A huge smile appeared on her face when he mentioned that sunglasses worked, they didn’t have to order anything or go out on a hunt for a pair of glasses or lenses that had some coloring, but, when would he want the glasses? Should she give them to him on the following day or whenever they meet to do the enchantments? She wanted to deliver them on the following day, but also didn’t want to, perhaps they could meet during lunch? But there would be a lack of privacy. Max was just being an idiot. She couldn’t deny that she enjoyed his company and that perhaps was the only reason why she didn’t want to give the sunglasses on the same day as the enchantments.

The soft tone of his voice was relaxing, different and new and she didn’t dislike it. She nodded at his realization that she was alive thanks to him, he could have died as he pushed her away and every thought of it made her angry, not only with the culprit but also with Senan for risking his life. She was grateful and angry, and yet she was happy that he cared enough for her, a selfish thought, but did make her wonder. When he told her, he wasn’t going to let her go alone she smiled. “Then we can go together, you help me, and I’ll help you.” She proposed, not even sure when he wanted to go. “You shouldn’t go alone either, what if something happens?”

While she hugged him, she could feel his heartbeat and at the rhythmic sound of it she closed her eyes for a moment, she didn’t want to let go, there was a certain peace as she quietly remained with her head against his chest. She chuckled at his comment, without even moving. “Mine isn’t very warm either if it was, I’d offered you a spot in it.” She about to laugh before realizing what she had said. “I am an idiot...” The thought rushed through her mind, she couldn't believe it that she had actually said something like that. The nervousness increased but now she had a place to hide her face in, as much as she would want to see his reaction, afraid if what it could mean, she buried her face a bit further, if anyone could see her face, they couldn’t distinguish it from her hair color. Perhaps trying to use the country as an excuse was a lame one, especially after what had happened. “Well…I…hmmm…I don’t…” she lifted her head and stared at Senan with an embarrassed smile on her face.

If Sunglasses made her feel far more comfortable then it'd have to do, the lenses in his mind had been for inconspicuousness but maybe they wouldn't question it too much. There she went again showcasing that bright smile that could only make him feel as if several wings of butterflies fluttered through out his abdomen. "You can get it whenever you can, as long as we have it when we're ready to enchant them it shouldn't be that big of a deal." It hadn't crossed his mind to use the object as a means to try and meet and spend more time with her, he'd planned to do so anyways, didn't he? The list of items they'll need and the kinds of spells will end up being lengthy which did mean a lot of time together, perhaps even overnight. As the final thought crossed his mind his cheeks turned to a reddened hint once more. 

'She keeps having this effect on me that hasn't happened before even with all that I've experienced and done. . .

Something happening had been through his own mind when it came to her, it had only been fair that she switched the script on him. But helping him seemed far more out of the question because he wasn't sure if that had been the kind of work she wanted to see let alone say she'd actually done in her life. A smile turned on his lips even with the previous reason why she shouldn't help him in mind, it would mean just a bit more time before they'd need to part. "I don't think you should be helping me. Yours is far more innocent in comparison." His smile faltered and returned to the impassive expression he often wore. He didn't want to tell her his reason for fear that it'd destroy the moment and relaxed atmosphere that'd built up. "I'll explain what it is when I get there." Since they'd be in the same area. 

Senan stared down towards her while she had been listening to his heart, why had it been far more embarrassing seeing her listening to the physical reaction she had on it? This only caused the original tint to deepen as it barely started to recede and her words offered a deeper crimson with his eyes widening. 'What. . .?!' He swallowed for a moment to try and gather up his bearing swiftly. Being in bed with a person hadn't been an unknown experience but doing so with someone that caused this kind of wave of emotions and confusion had been a brand new one. "We can warm it together. . ." He stated in a soft tone but the words only made the heat his face had been feeling even worse. Now he felt like the very ideal of an idiot in the spotlight. Before he could even think of words to try and make it seem less like he'd been some weirdo her face pressed against his chest in a hidden nuzzle and on reflex on arm seemed to tighten a bit more at her waist while the other shifted upwards and the hand shifted through her red hair. 

There'd been something cute? Yes, cute, about the way she smiled with such an embarrassed expression painted on her. Her words, though hesitant, still managed to strike like a rod against a bell inside of him. Had she just admitted she didn't want him to go? Or had she been trying to ask him? He was definitely going to go with the latter as it seemed more reasonable in his already addled mind. "You make me want to stay." He stated bluntly while looking into her eyes or at least in his mind he'd been answering a question he thought she'd been asking. 

Spencer ☆ StudentTecri

She would probably need another excuse, then again if they had a lot of things to gather there would be a chance, they would spend a lot of time together, the smile across her face grew at the thought of it before she mentally slapped herself. “I am an idiot, a complete idiot.” She thought but she couldn’t control that she was not only nervous but happy at the same time at the idea that they would be spending more time together, whatever they had to do to enchant and get the items would probably take more time than she expects. If he meant about whatever happened in the house, she can’t say she knows what happened exactly inside after she stopped watching, but by the way, they attacked they it was likely that they had killed the men that were with them. She simply smiled at Senan, she could understand that whatever it was he didn’t want to say it, at least not at the moment, not when walls were coming down and the emotions were exposed.

Her thoughts were a mess, perhaps it was the feeling in her stomach that was making it harder to think, but he didn’t seem to mind her earlier reaction and she saw nothing wrong with his words. He gave an innocent comment which made her chuckle, she hadn’t thought anything of it and it did make everything easier, the nervousness was still present, but the embarrassment was slowly fading away as he tightened his grip and she could feel his hand on her hair, a soothing touch.

It wasn’t exactly what she was going to ask but the fact that he had stated it voluntarily without her asking seemed to mean something more than the simple answer of a question. “I do want you to stay…even if…” she spoke, looking away for a brief moment as she bit her lip, nervous that somehow, she was saying something she shouldn’t. “…even if I have a feeling you won’t be able to stay forever.”  The sad truth was that she had no idea what would happen, but if he did leave and asked her to go, she knew the exact answer she would give.

The feeling of happiness had been like some form of drug with an added side effect of feeling lightheaded while also hit with a lighthearted pulse. Though the thought of having to halt this closeness had a sense of dread in his mind even though it probably shouldn't have been that serious to him. . . The prospect of spending more time with her seemed equal in benefit, it could even lead to doing what they had been far more often. As the smile stretched over her face, one seemed to fill his almost as if it'd been a mirror of sorts. Something told him that she wasn't planning on letting him check and then dispose of an unfortunate bystander's body alone. It'd be a tinge of pain and personal angel on himself that he could place her in that kind of a situation and yet he found himself feeling safe, relieved. That he wouldn't have to be alone in the entire ordeal, to be able to have her close by. 

There'd been no verbal response to his own words, had she agreed? Was it a good idea? She hadn't pulled away and slapped him which meant she didn't take the suggestion poorly or at least not offensively. He sighed softly in relief that it hadn't gone down that route, unsure of what he would or could do if he ever offended her in such a way. Eventually his hand found its way through her red locks and against the back of her head, the fingers aligned into a gentle cradle as if he'd been in the midst of finishing a formal dance with a partner. He wasn't sure if it'd been the smart thing to be so attached to someone but he could say that it wasn't a bad thing, not by a long shot. Confusing, uncertain, but not bad at least he didn't feel bad. 

When the hesitation feel over here as she spoke his hand gently coursed from the back of her head to the side of her cheek, the edge of his thumb trailed in a gentle soothing side to try and ease whatever nerves may have been building up. Hearing that she wanted for him to stay made an impact on Senan, his head rate picked up once more and the smile on his face grew wide and firm, far more brighter than he could've ever imagined it looked. "I planned to stay. Forever, I meant." Or however 'Forever' it'd be for the two of them. "There are 'Powers that be' that may try to force my departure but. . . I don't plan to allow them that victory." It would be far easier for him to deny his Father than his Mother though he had the small suspicion the Ancient Fae wouldn't care too much finding the circumstances of his reason far more amusing and a useful tool than a hinderance to plans. As long as his actions disrupted his father and the chain he wove it was something that could be considered in favor of them in that regard. 

But with her he never knew, always uncertain what went through the Fae-kind's mind even if he did share their blood. 

"I don't think I want to be any place that would keep me far from you for long." The way it came out of his mouth caused him to redden slightly, that had been far too bold, hadn't it? Why couldn't he just say their friendship had been too important to him to just let distance happen? 

Spencer ☆ StudentTecri

Max wasn’t used to such tender and softness, she could accurately say the last time she remembers someone touching her hair with such care, never, she had never experienced it. The uncertainty was starting to strike, was she starting to imagine things or was she there? Despite the place they were everything seemed unreal, it was almost like she could see herself through a mirror as the knot in her stomach continued to grow tighter and tighter by the minute. They would have to go soon, there were things they needed to take care of, and then she didn’t even know if they had time to go back to their dorm, or if it was even worth it.

The touch of his thumb on her cheek was a surprise, the touch caused her cheeks to become red once more, her heart began to race and she was having some trouble breathing, she tilted her head to the side, the same side he had his thumb on her cheek. The smile he had given had been one the most beautiful things she had seen, it looked genuine and it was something she knew she wasn’t going to forget.

He had planned to stay? She couldn’t contain a smile, yet she was worried, what did he mean by powers, and why would they force his departure? Could it be that he meant his mother? The woman he had spoken about earlier, the one who considered him the ‘means to an end’ Max didn’t know the woman and already had her reservations, who uses someone like that. “Y-you know, I don’t think I’d let you go without a fight.” She spoke softly. Would she fight? She would, but she wouldn’t even stand a chance in an actual fight.

She raised her head and stared at Senan, once more her face had acquired a red color, she should be used to it by now. It was an odd yet welcoming feeling, the way he spoke and the way he looked at her. How can the presence of someone be so addictive, addictive to the point where there’s no need to hide, where one could lay all the feelings and emotions without worrying they will be stepped on or made fun of, where it felt like … home. She smiled at him as she looked at him in the eyes, somehow, she assumed she didn’t even have to speak.  

There were several things in his life that Senan didn't think he'd ever have the chance to do let alone the true capacity and capability. Being able to hold another persons body so closely while showering them with caressed touches of genuine care had been one of them. He prided himself on trying to never doubt his position or even the certainty of the actions he committed, everything had a meaning, intentional in every way when he performed them. It hadn't escaped him that the longer they stayed the less that time would be on their side in trying to get back in a reasonable frame and even more that the things they each personally needed to manage wouldn't be capable of being done. 

As much as the words, 'The redness makes you cute' wanted to slip from his lips there only seemed to be a soft silence that lingered. He stared upon her face in admiration while the smile still lingered on his face. The different ways to describe the moment and he still couldn't find a truly suitable phrase or word, nothing seemed to do justice to articulate not just how the feeling drilled within him from the atmosphere shift, the way he saw her, or even how he felt personally. All of it stirred into a witch's cauldron of nervousness and giddiness, uncertainty and ignorance on his part. 

Senan understood there had been some creatures and beings in the world that the mind of 'Mortals' could never fathom, as his Mother often put it when she saw his gaze fall upon her to try and analyze and gather what would be stirred around in her mind. Reasons and meanings were pointless to be able to divulge as his position wouldn't truly change with knowing them, they'd only be able to change by acting precisely. It seemed his turn to unravel a smile that he couldn't contain from her words, by this point he had long tossed out of his mind she'd just been being nice, there'd been meaning in every gaze, every touch. "I didn't think you would. . ." He spoke softly, an actual tone of happiness in the low sound of his voice. "You're quite stubborn and scrappy." That had been a compliment as it had been her stubborn nature that had broken through and allowed for a snowball of effects to happen. 

How connected had they grown? No, that wasn't just it to him, what lingered had been a strong desire and want to have her around. The glint her eyes, the way she stared into his own as much as he stared into hers. Words were unnecessary in a moment where they wouldn't do well to convey what they both probably held on their mind. He'd never felt truly accepted, over a piece of a puzzle set in the rock box, a papier-mache piece forced to be melded into another organism. Yet, somehow, with a single person and the way she looked upon him he felt as if he'd finally found a place that had not only been far more acceptable by his exceedingly high standards but also a true home. 

Senan wanted to stay to indulge in this feeling but knew it couldn't be done, it shouldn't be done yet. Slowly his hand that rested at her back slid away from it and trailed along one of her arms until his hand touched hers. A sudden jolt through his chest once more as his heart sped up, what was that effect that pulsed throughout his body when he touched her now. . .? His head shook lightly try shake it out of his mind from dwelling on it. Then he pulled her hand away but kept it held within his own, the fingers trying to interlock between hers unknowingly. "We can't stay, Max. . . We have to go." The words came out with hesitance, a pain? He didn't want it to end but this room hardly suited either of them and they had work that still needed to be done . . . Together. 

Then his hand gently lifted away from her cheek and raised up into the air the tip of his finger extended upwards and started to make a wild waved pattern as the magic he instituted rapidly started to dispel. Taking several steps backwards as he guided along with a smooth strides leading both of them towards the door. 

Spencer ☆ StudentTecri

She couldn’t contain a smile when he replied at his words, had she been so predictable that he even knew that she wasn’t going to let him go so easily without fighting? Letting him go without a fight was more of an understatement, she would do whatever she could to make him stay, she couldn’t know how much she was willing to lose, but she would figure out. She laughed when he called her stubborn and scrappy if she was one thing was a hard head that refused to give up something she wanted, and someone whom she cares so much she couldn’t begin to understand here the feeling started and where the feeling ended. What had been that made her care? The initial conversation when they looked like two lunatics at first? Two completely different people chatting under a tree, or had it been what followed next? The honest conversation that simply allowed for an outer shell to fall revealing something else inside? And maybe moments of amusement along with the dangers lurking in the darkness made all those qualities shine.

There was something about his eyes that she couldn’t get enough of, she liked, or rather, she loved staring at them, almost like she wanted to get lost in them, a place she knew that if she got lost she wouldn’t need to worry, a place where she wouldn’t want to escape from, a weird concept, being too attached to someone that getting lost seemed like a good thing. She could understand what it was like to belong someplace and to have someone who belongs, it feels right.

Max could feel his hand in hers, she didn’t even pull away, she simply followed the same movement, squeezing his hand lightly almost like saying she wasn’t going to let go, regardless of what might happen. “I know, there are things to be done.” She didn’t want to leave but understood that they had to. She smiled at him and followed him quietly as her hand still held his tightly not to let go.

To never encounter someone whom had been willing to fight for his presence simply to have it and not to abuse it for some ulterior reason or motive. Well, not entirely non-ulterior, he imagined that the reason for her had to have been similar to his own. The way that they'd stared down at one another in a way that seemed like hours, days, had only been several passing minutes since they actually entered into the building. What sparked the fire, the need and want, he couldn't pick out the start of it only that the way it had burned and set blaze to everything between themselves in something that he didn't want to keep contained. As she laughed he couldn't help the next words that absentmindedly slipped. "Perfection. . ." It came out in a adoring whisper. He had begun to believe that it didn't matter where it started, memories like that had been held for different kind of people. What mattered, the most important factor for him, had been that it was there, it was real and there. 

It never occurred to him that a person could've been a place to be, it hadn't been something he considered in his life. For a while, 'Home', it seemed like a place that had been more physical and less emotionally tied. It could've been that it'd been far more harmful that there could've been no chance for him to truly grow, attach and see where it things would've evolved in himself by encountering proper people. Not to be instantly thrusted into the land of intrigue, lies, and insincerity. As the moment passed through he did begin to understand bits of the maelstrom of emotions, enough that he knew that if she were to ever leave he'd go, if she were to ever ask him. Next to her side seemed so appealing, tempting, and above all, inviting. 

Senan's smile grew weakly as he felt around for the door knob fully until it filled the depth of his palm. There were very few things in the world that were incredibly dangerous and volatile, who would've thought a single person only being there, always there, somehow when it mattered could cause that kind of an effect. Volatile, explosive, and dangerous on the scale of how much of a hold had been grasped of himself towards her. He'd been glad for the discipline that had been built up over the years else he would've stayed in that room until someone came to pry the two of them apart. Once the door had fully been pulled open, his gaze turned away from her a trying trial if there had ever been one. It did help that their hands had been connected, a sense of awareness that she'd still been there and attached to him. 

Something that would need to suffice as he moved ahead through the School grounds once more, avoiding the various patrols and making their way back off. They needed to find her roommates skateboard and dispose of the body properly, at least give the man a proper burial somewhere with respected rites. A hypocrisy on his own part considering the hand he had in it but he hadn't been a savage.