School Status:
Tallygarunga: Term One, VMU: Semester One

House Points

Sturt
Flinders
Spencer
Bourke
pxmBtN.png
An AU non-canon Harry Potter-inspired forum roleplay set in Australia.
THE AUSTRALIAN HOME OF MAGIC

Spencer ☆ StudentTecri
16 year old Muggleborn Human ☆ she/her

Why did she have to mention the nurse? Obviously, someone like Travis would enjoy visiting the nurse, she really shouldn’t expect something different. She couldn’t deny that it was important to look not to be, even if she was quite confident about her physical appearance, she had trouble being confident about her own personality and intelligence, but as always what was important was to show others that she had it under control.

“I don’t think so, but I never said you couldn’t become that beautiful angel you speak of.” She looked at him smugly. “Maybe when you become that I’ll let you know what I think.” She didn’t consider Travis to be physically unattractive, but he still needed to reach the ‘beautiful angel’ position, not impossible to achieve but maybe he needed to work a bit harder to get it.

His reaction had been odd, there was something she couldn’t understand about him, perhaps was how serious he was and how he was speaking, it was impossible for anyone to notice such things, he was probably just messing with her, but in a more serious way than her own roommate. “I think you and my roommate would have fun messing with me.” She rolled her eyes at him, but she wasn’t exactly disappointed or upset, she didn’t mind the teasing, it was embarrassing but at the same time amusing. “I always do my best to protect my treasures.”

Confusion was spread all over her face. “Protect the booty?” she laughed at the statement, that was one weird way to call a treasure. “I suppose it can be a treasure…”

17 year old Halfblood Werewolf ☆ HE/HIM

"What? I happen to think she's pretty cool. Thank you very much!" It had been on instinct that he expected people would judge most things that came out of his mouth being only girl crazy. While it was true somethings just needed to be clarified better to avoid too many bad images about him. Which perhaps had been about as successful as Ice Hockey out in ninety-degree weather. He nodded with a sense of finality. Admittedly, he did enjoy Max's presence in the same way, that she'd been a good energy within the area that charged it in a unique charisma. Not quite like a Half-Veela would in that regard for him but there'd often been positive fun vibes. 

Travis smirked, he had wanted to say it didn't count if she said he wasn't since it'd been clear another had her smiling from ear to ear. Yet, that hadn't been his business to poke at her feelings in such a way. No, she needed to discover that kind of a pull in its full reality and intention in a way that he figured his words would never reach. "Sorry, that means I would have to answer certain expectations of people! And, quite frankly, I'm too rebellious to follow anyone's standards except my own." A roughish smile touch his lips. 

As long as she believed he couldn't sense her in such ways the better. Not that he wanted to out himself but he did hope it would be one more step to help her realize a sense of awareness within herself. Being someone that had struggled with it recently and even still he knew the importance of viewing inwardly. "Okay, but only if she can sit on my lap while we make fun of you together." He smirked towards her. He didn't expect that kind of scenario to actually happen but it was an amusing thought to him. "Only thing we can ever do, right? Our best." Try as a person might nothing had ever been truly set in stone, sometimes, all that could be done had been the utmost of a persons own abilities. 

"Protect . . ." His hip turned slightly and slapped the edge of his rear. "The booty!" Then started to laugh slightly as he shook his head. "Come on, haven't you ever seen Pirate movies?! Their treasure that they guard and hoard with their lives. Going to the point that they didn't even trust themselves with it and so they hide them with instructions! Unique cartography that they thought only they would know!" There'd been many rumors of past privateer's who sank with their goods and others that found islands to bury them beneath the Earth. "Don't tell me I need to educate you too." He sighed softly and shook his head performing a movement with his index finger as he used a spell to conjure up one of his DvD's. Something far more silly than serious, Muppet Treasure Island. Then handed it towards Max. "Now, I want this back when you're done! But you take it, watch it with your treasure.

Spencer ☆ StudentTecri

Max didn’t really care what he thought of the nurse, she had heard rumors about the woman, she didn’t like to meddle in people’s affairs, which wasn’t a bad thing, she wasn’t planning on going there just for the sake of meeting the woman, she was never too fond of nurses anyway. She smiled at him. “So, a free spirit?” her smile grew a bit wider, she liked her freedom, the freedom to do whatever she wanted, even if what she wanted had changed. Maybe one day he will want to live up to someone else’s expectations.  

The idea of having Laurie sitting on Travis lap made Max laugh. “Sorry, Travis but I think she’d rather sit on mine.” Max looked at Travis with a playful smile. She had known her roommate for quite a while and had only seen her flirt with girls before. Max lowered her eyes from Travis, a memory flashed through her mind that caused her to smile, yes, she had a treasure, and she was going to do whatever it took to protect it.

She rose her head to look at Travis and soon picked her violin, as he began talking about pirates, she began playing the Pirates of the Caribbean theme song but stopped playing when he conjured a DVD. “I remember this movie…” she said as she took it. “Thanks.” Her smile grew as he watched the cover of the DVD. “I suppose I’ll let you know later if my treasure liked it.”

"As free as a spirit could get in society anyways, am I right?" Travis offered a gentle shrug of shoulders while smiling brightly. "I find some of my best times are out prowling in the bushlands. The kind of things you can see out there. Animals and the strangest people you could meet randomly." He still remembered encountering Nox out there, they'd been a good egg in his book. Anyone that offered to part with their food, especially jerky, had been a good egg in any proper book in his eyes. "I guess you can say I've been shackled a lot in my life and I've grown quite unfond of it. The moment it becomes possible I want to break away and explore in a way only I can understand. That doesn't make much sense, I know." To some shackles were either metaphorical or literal, for him it'd had been the odd case of both. 

His eyes lowered in understanding, they played for the same team heavily it seemed! "Shame, but hey I can't charm every circle lady with my good looks, wonderful charms, and amazing personality. I have to leave some for others to impress." Not that he expected to be a major hit amongst students in general. It'd been far more apt to see his gaze tended to turn towards the older women around the school but he hadn't been blind to the student bodies various beauties in his eyes. A smirk touched his lips as her eyes turned away from him, there she went again. He did have to admit he admired that kind of a connection and maybe a spark of. . . Jealousy? That had been something he didn't expect himself to truly connect towards on such a level. 

Travis had almost regretted stopping her from playing the theme, It had to be one of the most catchy and memory bomb kind of songs that would get looped in a persons mind without any chance of it receding. "It's no biggie. Hey, if your treasure likes it then keep it. You can consider it one of those 'bonding movies' for the two of you. I hear there are a lot of people that have that kind of thing for themselves. Maybe it might be your kind of thing.

Spencer ☆ StudentTecri

Society had an inexplicable desire to lock things, animals, nature and sometimes even people. He seemed to have been stopped from doing a few things he wanted, she could understand the sentiment of being locked, stuck in a place with no way out. She didn’t know his problems, they could be far greater than her own and she was able to find a way out, at least a temporary one until she can be completely free.

There he went, talking about how he could charm the ladies, an impressive quality, but one that fails every now and then. “You need to give other people a chance Travis.” She didn’t think they needed Travis to give them a chance, Travis wasn’t everyone’s type, but she had to admire how confident he was about charming the ladies, despite some of them not being interested in him.

“Thanks, Travis.” She couldn’t stop smiling as she held the DVD and stared at Travis. The young man had been a surprise for her. “In the future, you can say you helped two friends bond. Seems like a pretty cool thing to say, unless you have a reputation to maintain.” She smiled playfully at him as she waved the case. She put her violin back on its case but held onto the DVD, what if Travis was mocking her?

It had been a far more personal statement than he'd really wanted to give which at least it didn't give more information than necessary in his opinion. There'd always been people that naturally felt trapped all the 'Wild Child's' of the world. Max didn't seem too different in that aspect which probably meant she understood on some level. Of course, he could be entirely wrong about that particular hypothesis of things. There were times he wouldn't be right about a lot of his thoughts and considerations about an individual. 

"I do try but it's often quite difficult. It's hard knowing when you can blow peoples minds. Kind of like being, 'The Best Model Ever.'" Travis smiled teasingly towards her.  Sometimes he scored, other times he didn't. That didn't mean that his confidence should take any hits as there were typically always reasons or factors. Whether gender preferences or certain preferences within a person, those were things he couldn't really control or influence unless he planned to be fully untrue about himself. Part of him wanted to offer some form of 'truth' about him beyond what he'd been willing to tell or show people if he could actively help it. 

Instead of vocally saying, 'You're Welcome', Travis instead gave a gentle half-bow towards her. "Haha, you know what? That kind of bragging doesn't sound too bad." Not that he would go around saying that to others, that had been the personal business of another. "I've begun to think that certain aspects of my reputation could take a proper hit for the right reasons." Then he started to kneel down and place his sketchpad into his bag and started to pick it up and sling it over his shoulder. "Let's just say I'm doing the unorthodox thing and looking at others to get a better introspective glance at myself." He winked towards in good-naturedly. 

"And don't worry about that portrait, I promise I'll give it to you before you even know it." He knew exactly what kind of special frame to place it in too. 

Spencer ☆ StudentTecri

Using her own words against her? That was some cheap trick but an amusing one. She touched her hair with a certain fake superiority towards what Travis had said, only to remain in character. “The only difference is that everyone loves a redhead.” She spoke as an innocent smile appeared on her lips. It wasn’t entirely true, but maybe perhaps there aren’t that many redheads that some people seem to be completely fascinated about them.

Probably not as deep as he wanted it to mean? Or maybe it was. “Sometimes how others talk to you, act around you can be like a mirror, not everyone is the same and the vibe we give is entirely different from person to person.” Who would have thought he’d be the kind of person that would do something like that? But she had been wrong before. “But not everyone’s same, but you do give a nice vibe. I hope you find whatever you’re looking for.” She wasn’t even sure he was looking for something, just sounded like he was for the way he was talking.

“Yeah, I’ll be waiting on that portrait, don’t think I’ll let you run away with it.” She closed her violin case and picked her things up before turning to Travis smiling at him. “And I can tell you how this went.”

"Everyone you say?" His brow furrowed for a moment and a gaze turned upwards in thought, as if he'd been contemplating this 'Grand truth' spoken. With a shake of his head and a gentle hum of disapproval before speaking. "I can't say everyone! Alas, my dear, Maxxie. . .  No red-head has been able to conquer the heart of this wild creature. As we already established, there had been no true red-head that I fell in love with!" Travis snickered lightly and then gave a shrug of his shoulders. From the sound of things it looked as if she had hoped a certain treasure would fall for her red-headed wiles. He wished her the best of luck in that particular endeavor too. 

It hadn't been in an attempt to try and seem philosophical. Maybe as a whole not something she probably cared to understand either but it at least showed she had her own view and mind on things. The response alone caused a smile of appreciation to tug at the corner of his lips. "Thanks, you give a pretty smooth vibe yourself. But I agree or I guess now I'm beginning to agree." There had still been a deep dislike that someone had, metaphorically, punched him in the face to get him to stop ignoring what he had been averting his eyes away from. Max only ground it in more on the reasons why without ever realizing it'd been like salt to a fresh wound. "Like every confused person I'm just trying to find myself." A harsher truth if there ever had been for himself. 

"Well, if you say it like that, I may just have to. I do enjoy a bit of a chase." A flirtatious grin touched his lips but it felt somewhat. . . Wrong after hearing she had someone she treasured which caused it to dim to a more friendly means. "I'll be looking forward to it! If you need more I have stacks of movies and such whenever I do secret movie nights. You know, to avoid my House Captain from trying to confiscate my electronics. A bit of a stickler that one." His hand reached up into a casual wave as he started to head towards the Southern Cross Tower area. "We'll make a day of it, we'll get some pizza, you can gush how awesome your time was. It will be great!

Spencer ☆ StudentTecri

There were different kinds of love but one way or another everyone loved a redhead, what was there not to love? But she decided not to open her mouth, it was better not to say anything. She simply looked at him with a smile, perhaps one day he’ll fall in love and if it’s a redhead she hopes that her words will come to his mind and he will remember that she was right about the fact that everyone loves a redhead.

She smiled at Travis as he spoke. Weren’t they all confused? Trying to find themselves and their place in the world? She was sure she had found hers, or at least it seemed that way. “I’m sure you’ll find yourself.” It wasn’t an easy task to do, and probably was going to take a while, but she did hope he was able to do it.

Max was surprised about the others House Captain; the Spencer House Captain seems to be chill about everything, apparently, the Bourke needed a new House Captain. “Pizza? Sounds like a good plan to me.” She waved at Travis as she watched him go. “Good luck Travis.” She eventually left as well, happy that she had a movie to watch.