Cbox
Guest enabled! No advertising, and be nice! Not much happening here? Check out our Discord!
Welcome to Tallygarunga, an original roleplay set in the Harry Potter universe. Set in present-day Australia, tensions are high between the Ministry of Magic and the only Ministry-run wizarding school in the country. Become like the other snooty private schools? Not a chance.

Originally established in August 2006, Tallygarunga prides itself on an inclusive and active community. Once part of the Tally family, always part of the Tally family. Whether you're here for the first time, the thousandth time, or returning after a long time---welcome home.
Staff
Sadrienne
Founder
LilyCat
Admin
Kaitore
Sturt
Flinders
Spencer
Bourke
Tallygarunga
a non-canon au potterverse roleplay
August, 2019 :: Winter

Bourke ☆ Seventh Year ✩ Kaitore
17 year old Halfblood Werewolf ☆ HE/HIM

A gasp escaped and a hand pressed against his chest with his eyes widening in a false horror, as if she'd said the single most wounding thing to someone's social class. "I'm not your type!? I'm everyone's type! Well, except prudes. . . Oh, and except people with actual good taste." His eyes squinted for a moment and he started to hum as if he were considering his life goals. "Oh, man, I guess I'm not a proper type! Oh well." Maybe he'd been joking too much about something serious to himself as it made him feel a bit awkward afterwards. Pushing passed it easily as if it didn't mean a thing he added a simple shrug. "I'm not actively looking so it's no biggie, right? Hahaha. There's certain things about me that a lot of people won't be able to handle. I'm perfectly fine with it too." A chuckle escaped from him, she'd been interested in the most mundane of him and it seemed amusing and flattering at the same time. "That's a promise then. The moment I remember I'll sit you down and we'll hang by a fire drinking pop as I tell my awful haunted story.

Travis felt actually embarrassed to be spoken of in that way, he had never been used to any form of praise. The last time he'd been praised had been. . . Well, never, now that he really thought about it. It didn't feel bad, odd maybe, but not a bad thing. His head inclined towards Max gratefully. "Thank you. . . Awfully high praise for someone like me but I am actually humbled all the same, I appreciate it." Maybe he should check out galleries that'd been around? If he remembered there was one place that had been started by some richy-rich pureblood not so long ago. "So that will be my secret to making the ladies swoon, making pictures of them and having them do it secret!" He snickered and sighed softly afterwards. "I'll even have it placed in a nice frame, enchant it so that it isn't easily breakable." A sudden guffaw flowed at her certainty at the redhead being a good dancer. "Either she had been good or she was wearing something white and all the guys and gals couldn't take their eyes off of her." It could've been both. 

And there it was, the question, it was one he hadn't been entirely sure about for a number of reasons. Had he been a bad student? No, he relied on staying average and in a lot of cases it'd been purposefully if only to avoid the attention it could've garnered him. "I have a few plans in the making. Graduating will help me out a big load so. . . If I can manage that I guess a bit of travelling to learn a pretty useful trade. I hear Curse Breaker's of awesome prettiness are needed." He gave a winning smile towards her as he added the little jest. "But really that depends on if other stuff in my life doesn't stop me. What about you?"

It'd been time he turned that same table on her but more so to gauge how she saw herself. "Plan to go study music abroad or in country? Maybe a bit of comic book designing?" They were serious inquiries indicated by the tone of his voice. It didn't seem as if she wanted to get too serious with either, it could be that she had an idea of a curveball of a career like himself or at least what it would seemingly look like with him if one hadn't all the facts. 

Spencer ☆ Seventh Year ☆ StudentTecri
17 year old Muggleborn Human ☆ she/her

She rolled her eyes at Travis in a moment of amusement. “I have a hard time believing that you’re not a proper type, perhaps you like to hide, too bad.” Some people wore a front, she didn’t know Travis all that well to actually think that of him, but underneath the flirting lines, there could be a genuinely caring person underneath. She stared at him for not being able to believe his words. “Okay, but it will show up when you least expect.” But was pleased to hear that he would tell her a haunted story. “I will be the judge of that, if it’s awful or not, I will decide.” She spoke while moving her head and having her hair fly in different directions.

Max smiled at Travis, her opinion might not mean much but it had been an honest one. A nice unbreakable frame sounded like a good plan. “Unbreakable frame…” she commented with a low tone of voice as she thought of something else. As he spoke about the girl that danced gave Max a ridiculous idea. “You mean something like this?” her hands held each other and then softly opened as a figure of light danced inside, a neat trick, nothing too serious, but it was good to entertain people, especially children.

Like her, he seemed unsure but was confident enough. A curse breaker seemed like a big deal, that was certainly something she wouldn’t want to get into, seemed like someone he still wasn’t too sure, or maybe he was and she was just figuring it out wrong. “Me? I don’t even know if I’ll graduate this year, but I have no idea what I’ll do honestly.” She spoke looking at him. “I mean, I’d like to travel, see the world, hear stories of old, discover well-hidden secrets.” A dreamer was what she was. “Nothing important really, just a silly dream.”

"Hide? me? I'm not good at hiding. I had to pick either hiding or climbing and high places were just too nice." He tried to smiled it off like a joke, if he had been a 'type' he couldn't come up with one that could correlate. At least not one that someone would want to put the bet of their heart on and he found that to be the smart choice when it came to him. He'd been far too self-destructive, reckless, in his own opinion. "If it shows up when I least expect it, I hope it at least slaps a sign on the way through. You know, notify me a bit. 'Hey, T-Bone, I've got an irresistible number for you!'" Hands rose up to enact the finger guns motion. He snort-chuckled with an incredulous look plastered on his face. "You'll be the judge? You sure you want that kind of a responsibility? I hear it can be a pretty heavy thing, not at all good on the hair either." She held a point though, whatever effect it may have on her would have to be a personal call. 

To Travis, it hadn't been a matter of who made a bigger impact on him that determined the importance of words. Words, they were powerful things, both in a positive and negative light. The fact she'd been an admirer, in his eyes, made the weight of her words far stronger than if it'd been someone just there to stroke his ego hard. "Hm? Oh, yeah, it's a little spell I picked up from a few of the heavy artists I've met. You know, sometimes, you're playing around bump into the wall a bit hard or some kind of disaster happens that causes the frame to fall. Picking up the glasses can just be annoying and buying a new one? Just as bad." He also hadn't been sure on how most of the people he drew for sustained themselves financially and figured he could extend the frame as complimentary 'Thank You' for the support. A wide smile formed as the figure danced between the Spencer's hands and his head nodded in admiration. "Hey, that's pretty good! You should try that with some of the Bilby kids I hear they love it. I guess kind of like that? I honestly didn't see it myself, just one of those rumors.

When his hand raised up he gave a gentle slap towards the teen's arm. "You'll graduate I bet. And I don't think it's a silly dream, if I did? Then mines is pretty silly in its full scope." Though he said 'Curse Breaker' and it meant a certain kind of image in the wizarding world he wanted to aim bigger, larger than objects. People, bloodlines, the kind of help that had been truly necessary in that route. Even if it had been a way to learn and understand curses especially his own far better. "Why not do that? You can take up a specialization with Runes, Magical and Dead Languages, a bit of survival stuff for self defense and self maintenance. In a world of magic there's a lot to find, right? Learning new stuff all the time. " Pep talks weren't his kind of a thing, that had bene better left to a person that could jar up those motivations, but he knew what it meant to try and claw ones way towards an idea.

"At least I tell myself that, a bit of hope. Might end up learning something actually useful one day.

It seemed that there was something missing, she couldn’t explain what it was. She wasn’t going to worry much about it. She understood she had never experienced something like that either, but the way he put it made her laugh, a sign would be nice and useful everything considering, a little warning never hurt anyone. “I accept that kind of responsibility.” She said, confident in her skills to judge something like that, even if she probably shouldn’t be too confident, considering her tastes.

“How do you do that? The frame thing I mean.” She was curious with a such a spell, besides it’s something that could come in handy in the future, if frames can be charmed to be unbreakable then other things can be too, and if that was the case then she would spend some time enchanting a couple of things that she would like to keep intact, like her violin. She smiled at his compliment. “Thanks.” The figure continued to dance like a ballerina until it faded like smoke. “Maybe one day I’ll swing by and play with the kids, but it can also entertain adults in a shadow puppet show.” She seemed to be entertained by the trick of playing with light.

She chuckled, but she wasn’t too sure if she was going to graduate, she was good at some classes, but classes didn’t worry her, the exams were the only thing she needed to worry to graduate and she still hasn’t even started studying for them, besides, what if she didn’t graduate? It was just a year. “So, like what Muggles call archaeologists? I’ll be some sort of Grave Robber.” She said laughing at the thought of excavating in tunnels and discovering places with old magic. “That’s actually something I haven’t considered.” Travis’ advice wasn’t bad, it was actually a really good one, she had been so absent from her own life that she hadn’t considered other possibilities. “Thanks, that’s really helpful.”

Wishful thinking that any kind of sign would actively produce itself and slap him in the face when many of those kind of moments would actually arrive. If things had been so easy then it wouldn't have been any form in exploring some of the more enjoyable things around when it come to it. His head twitched to the side with a smile on his face that showed a sense of amusement that she had that kind of confidence. "Look at you, accepting the responsibility. You're making me look bad here on being an adult." He stated jokingly.

"Oh, the spell?" He flipped to a clean page that had been after the unfinished model of Max. From there he started to make an instructional image, a hand with a wand extended which showed a designed pathway on how the tip should be waved and then pointed towards an object, in the image, it'd been one of a picture frame. The words at the bottom of the page had been the incantation, 'Infragilis'. "I call it the 'Infragilis Charm', not really the kind of thing most wizard's would find as a 'Good thing'. You know, with their tendency to want destruction." Everyone wanted to blow something up, no one ever wanted to keep it from blowing up. Tenderly he ripped the page form the sketch pad and handed it towards Max. "The usual mistakes of it is that it could cause the reverse effect, so fair warning until you get it down-pat." There was a good point in that, he found it personally good which meant others in the older annals of life would find it the same. "Have you ever thought about going to those old folks homes and doing that? I'm sure they'd like a young fresh face and enjoy that too.

"Woah, Grave robber? Please, You're Maxiana Jones. You're just trying to understand the wonders intentionally left behind to be discovered!" Travis had been showing his movie geekiness a bit but he could blame that on the amount of time he'd spent with Dani watching various things. "Don't need to thank me on that. That? That was all you, all I was doing was talking to myself about personal issues." He gave a playful yet friendly wink towards her direction. "If you're worried about the stuff like the tests and all that? You can always talk to someone to help you study." As much as he tried to keep people at bay he understood nothing could be done alone, a person didn't truly succeed without assistance along the way somehow. "High School. . . It's interesting, we often look at it like we're in it alone, right? But we never really stop to think about the friends that actually would help us out. We drop so much stress on ourselves and just. . . Boop, it's right there.

The words he spoke seemed as if they may have had some wizen nature to them but all he did was give it a shrug as if it had been the ramblings of a student who didn't know anything. 

She wore a smile like she was proud to take the responsibility like an adult, she had to start being mature, even if she wasn’t planning on, at least not any time soon, she enjoyed her freedom too much, she would be willing to give it up, but not for responsibility, that was something that had to wait until she was old and could no longer move.

Max watched as Travis wrote the instructions of the spell on the paper, she was sure the spell would be useful one day, she just had to practice long enough to get it to work the way she wanted to. “I have to practice, I am pretty sure I will blow up a couple of things before I can successfully use it on something.” She had a bad record of doing things correctly, most of the time things just blow up for no apparent reason whenever she did a spell, maybe she was cursed. She looked at him surprised when he mentioned the old people’s homes. “No, I have not but it could be cool listening to some stories, I bet some have some interesting ones.” Old people always had interesting stories to tell and they did like to tell them to young people.

She laughed when he repeated what she had said. “If I’m Maxiana Jones I might need a whip.” She joked as she moved her hand like she had a whip in her hand. She didn’t even have those classes this year, it was just another reason to stay another year and hopefully, she could get something done, assuming she wasn’t going to joke around like she usually does.

Max smiled at Travis, he had been helpful, what started to be an odd, yet amusing interaction had become an enlightening one. “Aren’t you a little bag of wisdom. You are a bag of surprised Travis.” She joked tackling his arm with hers jokingly. “I think I might have to start to annoy some people.” Even she was to annoy some people she had no idea where to start.

“If you don’t mind me asking, why Curse Breaker? I mean if I ever get cursed by an old dude’s grave I know with who I should talk with, but still, why that?”

That cocky responsibility smile she wore! It did make Travis snicker and it played slightly with his rebellious streak, he wanted to pop that small bit of bubble for the sake of popping it and nothing else. But she earned it, if there had been any time to take responsibility it'd been in ones own personal choices and decisions. Only fair to allow her to have it and keep it as such he lowered his head slightly as a way of conceding to that fact somatically. 

"If you're not blowing it up then you're not learning properly, I think some Wizard that lost four fingers said that." He gave her an inquisitive look but it softly shifted to one of a jest of a smile. "I'm sure you'll do fine with it. It isn't too difficult but stay away from those family heirlooms at the start." Something told him that she'd probably aim for the family heirlooms on purpose. That hadn't been here or now a personal issue for him. "You've Gotta' get those good stories to inspire yourself. I find that listening to their stories gives you the idea that you can go through all kinds of hell and still manage to survive it all near the end of life." Unless they were turned into some kind of crazy creature, like a Vampire. Then he expected that they'd just be dead, theoretically speaking. "I'm pretty sure you'll make a good impression.

His hand rose up to conceal a growing smile as she made the motion of the whip. 'Kinky.' He thought for a moment and then his head shook to dissolve the word from his mind if only to avoid it coming out verbalized. "I'll even give you a whip to coronate you as the next big Magiarcheologist." The more he spoke about it the more it seemed like the kind of position she'd not only do well in but excel in. She'd been a mover in his opinion, someone that would do well not stuck in a single place but experiencing different things and lives, stories. "It can be your success present for when you pass the exams.

Both of his Travis' arms flourished into a regal half bow given that he'd been sitting. "My time in this world has been grand, stuffed with books of knowledge and great experiences." His voice shifted to that of an aged man, one where someone could envision an old wizard in a tower type. "Like I said, if you put your hand in me you'll never know what you'll pull out." This time he hadn't been attempting to be lewd with the joke, a tad bit more serious than normal. "Need to compile a list of people that take those classes. I can actually hand you a few of my Magical and Dead languages notes. Since it's kind of required for the whole 'Curse Breaker' bit. I can't say I'll always be available for actual study time. I have a lot of stuff I end up needing to tend to for home." Not entirely a lie but not the entire truth either. 

A soft yet sad smile turned at his lips for a moment then instantly shifted to one of a confident happiness. "Going straight into the personal questions aren't you? A lot of reasons really." His werewolfery had been one of the main major ones but that hadn't been something he planned to divulge anytime soon. "I'm an owner of a Familiar, a creature that's cursed to be an animal but is beneficial to Wizard's and Witches. She doesn't really want to become Human but there maybe others that do. Enter in. . . Me! The guy whose going to be one of the few trying to look into blood curses and breaking them!" He gave a teasing wink. "If you want the full story and sitch we'll need to see where this little thing of ours goes!

He wasn’t wrong if she didn’t blow up a couple of things before finally learning the spell was, she really learning the right spell? Adverse reactions were always fun to experience, assuming everyone got to keep all of their fingers. “I think I’d like to keep my fingers, I kinda need them.” She commented with a chuckle, she wouldn’t like to lose any of her fingers, she wanted to be able to play the violin and the piano for a few more years, even playing the guitar required most of her fingers. Old people always had fun and amusing stories. “I hope so, I don’t really want to be kicked out of a retirement home because the old people don’t like me.” She had been kicked out of so many places that it would just be another one to add to the list.

“That whip will be my most prized possession then.” A cheeky smile appeared on her lips when he said he’d offer her one as a present. “And maybe I can bring you something one day from an expedition.” She said confidently. She probably would if they still talked to one another in a few years.

She lowered her head to show gratitude. “Thank you oh Wise Master of the Bourke House.” she tried to keep a serious face, but it didn’t last long, she began laughing almost right after. “Oh wow. Really? Thanks Travis.” She smiled brightly at him.

“You don’t…” probably she shouldn’t have asked, she was feeling bad that she had asked such a question, especially with the look on his face. “I’m sorry I asked, but that’s really cool.” She still wondered what had made him so sad, perhaps it wasn’t something she should worry, even if there was something that told her that she should. “You will have to tell me how it goes, I love stories, and if you’re planning on being a curse breaker, imagine the places you’ll visit.”

"It would be pretty hard to play the violin with half digits and half air." Travis snickered lightly. He understood the care of ones fingers, without them he wouldn't be able to draw and he had been pretty sure he couldn't regenerate lost limbs which meant he still needed to take care of certain appendages to make sure they didn't get lost in some fiery blaze of a magician's blunder. "As long as you don't steal their butterscotch, hide their teeth, or stand at the front of the line on tapioca pudding day, I think you'll be say." He smiled good-naturedly towards to try and make a lighter appeal towards the situation. It sounded as if she'd been the type to find herself kicked out of a lot places. 

"Yeesh, with that smile I'm more worried about the poor sops that work for you. I just had the image of you cracking the whip yelling out commands." Nevertheless he figured he could find a pretty good one, Wizard's tended to be fond of those kind of artefacts of another era, meant i'd be a bit pricey too but he could do some kind of high-end work that made use of his talents. "For little ol' me?" A small smile formed on his face, it had been nice that it'd been a thought that crossed her mind. "I'll be looking forward to it and be looking forward to the story it had!"

He puffed his chest out, hands pressed on his waist as if he were an important superhero of a comic strips universe. "And don't you forget it, Citizen!" Then the expedited descenscion into a laughter until his breath could be caught to exhaust out a puff of air. "I mean, I don't really need them too much. I've a pretty good memory." Not the exact reason but it would have to do as a form of the truth to take place. 

"Nah, it isn't that cool. Just figured I'd actually do something with my life. May as well be something to keep me on the move I guess." It had been at this point he'd been trying to gradually build himself back up. "Yes, but if I become a Curse Breaker imagine the places I'll visit." Travis repeated but tried to turn the tone of his voice to fit the far more darker side of it and he grinned towards her. "One moment I'll be in some kind of forest stopping a craze amulet and the netx you know, some broken down village on the verge of civilization being attacked by some kind of Dementor too or something. Nearly anything."

Max couldn’t help to laugh at his comment. She had thought about it, needing all of her fingers to play the violin, and the violin wasn’t the only thing she needed all of her fingers for, all the other instrument she knew how to play require most of one’s fingers. She had no idea how old people liked butterscotch and their teeth. “Then I better not prank anyone while I’m there, but I’m sure they will enjoy a wheelchair race.” Wouldn’t have been the first time she had engaged in such fun activity, one that probably drives nurses and caretakers insane.

“They’ll be the luckiest people alive.” She said confidently, but she was pretty sure after a week or some people would be tired of her jokes, she wasn’t even sure how serious she could be whenever she found something new, putting weird things in her head pretending they were a hat, even making a joke or two, she was pretty sure she was going to be cursed by something on her first day on the job. “I promise I’ll tell you all about it.”

She slapped his chest to try to make him release some air as he acted as a superhero. “Why do I think you’re not telling me the whole story? No one has that good of a memory.” But if he was offering his notes she wasn’t going to say no, she would try to get some copies in case his memory decides to fail him.

The possibility of new places to visit did sound wonderful. “I can’t but I imagine how glorious it would do, for places, no one has ever seen before seem very appealing, and I bet a Dementor will be like taking candy from a baby.” She had never seen one, but she isn’t exactly looking to see one. “Be sure to bring lots and lots of photos, and stories, I will even keep in touch so that you won’t forget to tell me all about it.”

A wheelchair race sounded destructive, dangerous, already had the hallmarks of a very good time in his opinion. "You can use some magical grease to slick up the wheels, coat the floors with some whip cream and watch them have the time of their lives." The tip of his finger tapped against his chin lightly and he hummed with a thought in mind. "But whatever to do with their watchers? Ah, I guess you'd just have to lock them up like it was some old school movie." He chuckled at the thought of it, a bunch of caretaker's stuffed in a closet held tightly with a stitch of magic and some kind of rope to contain the door more firmly. 

"Just make sure you show them all the sides of your playfulness!" Travis figured she had other parts to her, no person had been truly one dimensional, there'd been layers, tiers of them to explore. Those she worked with may end up having that particular  benefit which could be a good thing. "Don't make it sound all boring either, add your special, 'Max-ness' to it." At the very least he wanted her to make sure to still be herself while enjoying any kind of career she may take up. It'd been part of it, he imagined, that a career simply had been part of a person as it was and diluting it had been  disservice to both. 

Especially in the discussed field, eccentricity thrived. 

A series of chuckles rumbled out of him as her hand smacked against his chest, he allowed for the air to push from him as if it'd been a reflexive action from the strike. "You'd be pretty surprised what sticks in my mind. I'll even remember your cute little shape weeks later." He winked towards her provocatively. "I'll be fine with it, really." There'd been enough credits in the classes he needed for his own route that he could take the STINGRAY for them. 

"Something tells me it'd be making me imagine I was the baby having my candy taking away from me. The horror, the mayhem!" The young man joked about it but the despair that could be pulled to such a density by dark creatures like Dementor's and Lethifold's weren't a truly comedic situation to find oneself in. "Never know, we might end up coming across each other. The two jobs aren't exclusive away, right? You'll probably find more cursed stuff than you might realize too." He wouldn't have minded that kind of work under a decent commission. 

Wheelchair races were the fear of every nurse that worked in a hospital, or a retirement home if the elderly weren’t well-behaved and behaved like children, overall not a bad activity, one Max wishes she had done more, but one can’t have everything in life. She touched her nose with her finger in a form of thought as she imagined a bunch of nurses and caretakers locked in a room trying to get out, a magnificent sight, and surely a call to the cops right after it.

All sides of her? It was easier said than done, but not entirely impossible, she had had deep conversations with complete strangers, that wouldn’t be impossible. “Me? Boring? Never!” she smiled playfully at Travis. “Well wouldn’t you like to know about the magnificent rainforest, where every step you take you much be careful, what lies deep within is filled with wonders never seen before…” she suddenly stopped and looked at Travis. “Well if I ever find anything, that’s how I’ll start.”

He had that good of a memory? She had to stick memos to the wall of her room to remember certain things or at least things she didn’t consider to be important. “That good of a memory? Well, you better remember, I’d be so heartbroken if you didn’t.” she gave a small pout.

She hardly thought a Dementor would try to steal memories like that but to someone with little happy memories stealing candy from someone as a baby did seem like a big thing. “Well, the chances of finding some cursed item is high, so … at least I know who I should nag, ya know so that I don’t suffer an unfortunate accident and have a mummy come after me from the afterlife, or having a ghost shackled to my arm making horrible jokes.” 

Travis knew that even old people wanted a bit of fun in their life, to feel that presence and power of having youthfulness in them once in a while. It'd certain exhaust them out of a lot of energy but it'd one of those fond memories they wouldn't have expected to build up in their dotage. Sure, the nurses and caretakers were just doing their jobs but that didn't mean they needed to be so tight about things in his personal opinion, a timeout corner for them seemed sufficient. 

"Never, huh? Hahaha, looks like you've got a second challenge to make in all of it now." His lips curved into a smirk. It seemed like something that had taken a life of its own, a positive punch if he ever made one. "Oh, I get it, you're one of those tease sorts. You want to build up the anticipation before you kick that kicker of a punchline. It's alright! I guess I can always start, 'I've seen my true love, a red-head, Alas. . . She was taking by a curse and I had to break it. Long story short. . ." Eyebrows wriggled in playfulness as it seemed they'd both have some form of a story to tell if they ever made it to those points in their lives. 

"Oh no, not heartbroken!" A single hand caressed the side of his cheek and lips dropped agape. It was a travesty! Or at least he tried to make it seem like it had been. "Well, you know, for good measure I may need to be just reminded of something like that." Then he offered a roguish flirtatious smile towards her, nothing had been bad about being reminded about someone's admirable shape in his opinion. 

While he'd never met a Dementor, thank some helpful fates for that, from the various texts scattered about of them in the Library he understood the one moment that would be the largest torture for him. In that regard he didn't need to help to get there as it'd been one of his greatest pass times to torture himself with. "Alright, so, I'm with you on the Mummy. I don't think my nose could handle that kind of a dingy smell anyways. All those old bandages and gracious, if they get damp and wet!?" He hadn't expected a normal human being able to handle that but he knew for certain that would be the heighten of nose disgust. "But, come on, you need to have a ghost shackled. You'll get Ghost and chain puns, oh, and on Christmas? You're the best choice for a Christmas Story as femme Scrooge and the Ghost of Christmas Puns."

Max would never decline a challenge she knew she could easily complete. She liked stories, especially those filled with wonder. A smile appeared on her lips as he spoke. “Interesting approach, but what kind of curse?” her eyes grew wider, there was a certain shine of curiosity in them as she wondered what sort of curse it could be, perhaps one that put someone to sleep, like a sleeping curse, or maybe a curse that turns peoples to stones, who knew what kind of curses existed.

She put her hand on her heart and closed her eyes trying to make a look of despair and pain, and yet failing at it, Max wasn’t much of an actress. “Don’t tease my poor little heart Travis.” She continued before starting to laugh at it. “Perhaps I could cast that spell on my heart, at least it won’t break.” She stuck her tongue out at him playfully.

Max had never seen a mummy before, nor she had smelled one, but it can’t be comfortable inside all of those rags, it probably gets sticky especially when there’s humidity in the air, but it would still make up for an interesting sight around the school. Before she could even comment on how a mummy would look like crawling around in the hallways scaring people at night, he mentioned the ghosts. “At least I’m never alone, now am I? But then again it could get weird…imagine trying to take a shower and you have this dead dude staring at you? Creepy.” They already had ghosts around the school, but they were decent enough to leave students alone on certain occasions. “What would you rather have following you? Let me guess, some sort of minion?” she asked smiling mischievously at Travis.

Now he was placed on the spot, made to think of some kind of curse that could be woven onto a person as detrimental enough. A thought came to mind and his lips curled into a sad smile. "You see, she'd been cursed by the 'Toad Curse'. Some twisted man misread a story of a Frog and a Princess and made the woman have to say ribbit every five words." His hand raised up and the back of the wrist pressed against his forehead. "As you know, I'm just far too high on the list of standards to be seen with a Frog-mouth. Far more dangerous than parselmouths. They'd call a course all on their own!" The smile had twisted into one of amusement at the idea that he released into the air. 

"Milady, I must apologize that I am a man of shattered hearts and dreams in my wake." That had been when a hand moved through his soft locks as he flicked at it with the tips of his nails as if he'd been some high-standing noble or somehow in a position of posh. "Well then if you do that, you can always come sit on my lap. I'm sure that it will somehow cause it to break in joy." He grinned at her as a response towards he elongated tongue. 

"That isn't the ghosts fault, at least he wouldn't actually be enjoying it. I mean he'd just wishing he could take the shower, he's been stinking in spook-form for ages probably! The beautiful woman comes after." A slight flirtatious smirk touched his lips. She hadn't been an unattractive girl in his opinion but his opinion also had been, 'All women need attention' so it had probably been a faulty one overall. "A minion!? Max, you wound me. The minion would just get in the way! I'm a solo kind of a guy. But if I had to choose? Mmmm. . ." The edge of his fingers tapped at his chin and a somewhat fond smile grew on his lips. "My Cat, Odessa. She's got all the pedigree of a stubborn feline and the intelligence of a Human. Perfect kind of person to have around in my book, no one would expect my dark hand of a kitty running about.

A toad curse? Seemed a lot more interesting than the curse she had thought, but this curse hadn't much to it either, some silly wordplay, which ultimately could be a very good prank to play on someone, forcing to say something silly after five words. “I didn't know you had high standards.” She stared at him, she wasn't trying to be mean or anything, but she knew that Travis was known around the female student body, at least with his flirting skills.

“The heartbreak is too much for me to bear!” Hand on her forehead along with another in her heart to display some dramatic event but smirked at him as he continued his little act. “Don't lie, lies are a cruel fate that I don’t wish to experience.”

She could see why the ghosts wouldn’t enjoy it, at least the way Travis spoke, but they were ghosts they didn’t smell, they couldn’t even smell themselves, although being in the same clothes for all eternity did sound a bit boring, always wearing the same thing day after day after day. She smiled at his smirk but once he spoke about minions she couldn’t hold in a laugh. “You know, cats are smarter than people.” She said winking at him. “Maybe she’s just trying to fool you.” Max only had Baltazar, the poor animal that was once part of a prank was now living under her bed in secret as her pet.

“So, you’d just have Odessa? No more? Just that one? I think I’d try my luck with ghosts, a cat would eat my sweet Baltazar.” A ghost would be a much better companion, in her opinions, she wouldn’t have to feed it, but it wouldn’t shut up either, and the worst would be a sassy ghost, Max wasn’t sure if she could handle one. “On second thought…I’d rather have a cat, imagine if my ghost is sassy and talks back at me? It would break my heart every single day.”

A soft gasp escaped from him, almost as if he'd been offended! Though his face couldn't contain a serious enough face for it to even be maintained. He knew his situation and sadly it hadn't been entirely untrue. However, the personal view he held on the matter seemed like a way of high standard to him. "Why, of course! What higher standard is there than accepting a person for whom they are?" A witty smile formed on his face as he held his head high. Everyone had a weakness, however, his? It happened to be women and the social desire that he pushed on himself as if it needed to be completed or supplemented with something else. 

"Lies?! You wound me, my sweet, Max. It is as if I am reliving Caesar's final moments, Y tu Max? Y tu. . ." The language had been spoken fluently, a sign of his various studies and perhaps a grain of truth to the factor of his memorization. It did help that trying to remember his nights had become an important scenario for himself. "I can bring great joy and happiness! I merely just have to whisper in your ear. . . Those words you want to hear. . ." He leaned forward, though not to closely to respect her personal space yet whispered loudly enough to be heard. "I know a great curse. . ." He then gave a confident wink. 

"Hahaha, If you met her, I mean. . . REALLY met her? You'd get exactly what I mean." It had been difficult to explain, Odessa, had been a cat but was once a human. Stuck on the in between but preferring to stay as a feline. She'd actually been entirely human once upon a time and now refused to even acknowledge those times, hating them with a deep passion. It'd been sad but at least she tolerated him, dare he say, she actually had affection! "But she's definitely the type to try and tell me stuff with all the broad strength of a pan to the face.

He snickered lightly and shrugged. "I don't know what to say! She understands me pretty well, better than most Humans." A soft hum  resonated within his throat as his head tilted lightly. "My cat is pretty sassy and she talks back all the time. . . Her own person. But I like that kind of energy, as long as she's around for speaking anyways." He started to stand up and stretch his limbs to avoid them getting too lazy from the sitting. "No one pops in mind, I guess, that I feel needs to be there with me, discovering and in the muck of it. Not yet anyways, maybe one day? Aside from people who, you know, have a job that will end up being intersected with mines!

She shook her head, not in disappointment, but more in an amusing way as she smiled at her current companion, she didn’t quite consider that to be a high standard or at least a not very high on, but they both had different views about what it meant, besides, it was important accepting people for whom they are.

“I hardly believe you can bring me joy and happiness.” A smile grew across her lips. “And, how do you even know the words I want to hear? I hardly believe you can.” She spoke almost like she was daring him to say the words, truth was, she was quite curious about them herself, but giving in? No, she would rather dare him, it was more amusing, especially to see the reaction. “Go on, say it.” She spoke looking at him with.

A cat that was once a human perhaps was much smarter than most people, Max had never met anyone who had a familiar, at least not until now. “She sounds more interesting than most people and well, perhaps she has a point in telling you things like that, have thought about it?” they seemed close, like good friends, they had to be after all.

Max smiled as he heard him talk about the cat, seemed like a special person…animal…something to him, even if she talked back and was sassy. “You seem like you care a lot about her.” She looked up at him. “You’d go alone? That sounds boring, well as boring as discovering new places go.”

Shoulder's shrugged shamelessly with an expression on his face that fit for the moment. At least he didn't hop in bed with just anyone, that required a bit more finesse and connection on some level for him. A dangerous kind of situation given how people could be but for him and the nature of the beast it made perfect sense. 

An eyebrow arched upwards as he began to examine her for a moment while keeping in mind the conversation that they held so far. Then began to walk around her in a slow movement, nostrils filled with her scent slightly. His head canted to the side with a meaningful hum before stopping right in front of her as his arms crossed and he leaned in to whisper close to her ear. "Red Head's are the best." That wasn't what he expected she wanted to hear for 'Joy and Happiness' but it did sound like a pretty good way to make her smile a bit. "Oh, and that you're going to look beautiful in that picture I'm making."

"All my cool friends get good pictures. You should feel honored.

Travis shook his head in rebellion at the thought that Odessa could ever be 'right'! Not that she'd been wrong, he knew she'd been a wise individual if not only for the fact she'd been the antisocial kind of sort with who knows how many years under her belt. "She just likes being bossy, you know. The thing more pets tend to be. Even has her own shopping list made out, it's insane." He hoped that the cat didn't think he just spawned that step out of his pocket. That took money! 

"I. . . " Lips pressed together in thought, how would he even describe it? He did care for her in all the annoyance that spawned. But if annoyance had been the only reason he ejected a personality from his life then almost every person he'd ever met would get that boot - himself included. ". . .Do, I suppose. She's helped me out with a few issues here and there in the last few months." He hadn't turn chunks of flesh off of himself when she'd been with him in the cage. But his memories still see her as a bossy cat that strutted about the area as if she owned it, HIS area! The gall of the creature even as he'd been a werewolf. "Let me be one-hundred percent honest with you? I have no idea who I would take with me." He pointed towards her. "What about you? Anyone you'd take with you on your excavational fun?

“Oh Travis, don’t you know?” Max looked at him with a playful smile. “Good girls are made of sugar and spice, but redheads are made of fire and ice.” She didn’t doubt she was going to look beautiful, but she did feel honored that he thought she was a good enough model to sketch. “Thank you, Sir. I already think it’s an honor being a decent model.” She said giving a small bow to Travis, it had been the first time that someone had thought about sketching her, so she had to be flattered and honored by it.

Cats were for the most part bossy creatures, there was nothing he could do about that. “You know, it’s a cat, and cats are bossy.” But what surprised Max was the shopping list, why would a cat need a shopping list? Unless it was for food, it was what made more sense, and probably the good kind of food. Max never had a cat but from what she had heard before they were graceful but also demanded the best.

“I’m glad she did, I’m sure it’s not exactly easy having a bossy cat, but if she’s good for you then it’s totally worth it.” Max had no idea what she had helped him with but whatever it was he seemed grateful. Cats were good company, all animals were. She smiled when he finally confessed, he had no idea who he’d take, but when he questioned her, she didn’t know how to answer. Who did she want to take? She did have one person in mind, her smile grew at the thought. “Well…I kind of have someone… but I’m not sure if that person would go with me.” Maybe that person would, maybe it wouldn’t, she only had to ask, but it was a question that she didn’t want to know the answer because she could always imagine that it would be ‘yes’ instead of a cruel and heart-breaking ‘no’. She continued to smile before realizing that she should let the thought go for now “Sorry, got distracted…”

"Don't you know? I enjoy fire and ice, much more dangerous to play with. Sugar and Spice? Not my kind of drink to lick up." His shoulders shrugged lightly. It hadn't been entirely true, he didn't mind the sweet types but it did make it far more difficult to put them in the position of something far more casual considering his desires. Travis gave a smile and his hand waved dismissively as if he'd been embarrassed. "Oh you. You're the muse here, I'm just the sketcher. Don't cut your own charisma short!

The way she stated it made him wonder, was her curse into a cat intentional due to bossiness or had it been something that was chosen by the curse to embody the nature of her personality? Cats were surely the type to have their way but once they truly cared about a person they showed it in a very unique way to them. Which hadn't been untrue of Odessa, she may not have stated it plainly but it showed in her dedication to his own health. Not to mention she seemed rather happy that he decided to keep her rather than let her roam around homeless. "That's not fair, she was a Human first then cursed to be a cat. Hahaha, That just means she's SUPER Bossy now. The worse kind of combo.

"I think she is! At the very least she'll remind me in her ever so debutante tone and accent of the higher echelons." The tone and inflection of his voice turned to one of a stereotypical 'Noble'. He expected she came from a high and well-bred family a long time ago. Whether she actually missed them had never been let on to him. After his question he noticed it, that small spark that he'd been missing from the sketch. Something he committed to memory but whomever she thought about? Must have had a profound effect on her. "Something tells me that person must be quite the impact on you." He avoided bringing up the smile directly and his head shook. "No, no. You don't need to apologize, really." The way she had been distracted, to him, showed someone far more important. "Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

If the person smiled the way she did? He'd been certain the answer would end up being yes, unless it'd been some really sadistic kind of person. "You know, you might not even need to ask. Just grab them by arm and pull them along. Can't ask if they don't have a choice." He grinned playfully towards her. "It's good to see that spark of happiness in you. I've seen your up-beat and optimism but. . . That, that was actual happiness."

“Can you even handle fire and ice?” she spoke as she looked at him with a smug look on her face. “I am not, but I have to give you some credit.” She spoke as she winked at Travis, the model wasn’t everything, sometimes it’s the artist itself that gives life to its art, not the model. “Let’s agree that we’re both great, you as an artist, me as the best model you’ll ever had.”

Max had absolutely no idea how those curses worked, perhaps the cursed person got turned into the animal they could relate to? Or maybe it was sorted randomly? Interesting information, but something she wasn’t going to think too much about. It wasn’t a bad thing being bossy, maybe Travis deserved it. At the thought of it, a playfully smirk formed on her lips. “I have a feeling you deserve it.” Her smile grew bigger as she looked at him.

The cat could be as bad as Travis spoke, Max wasn’t going to comment it, but she would mind having someone like that around her, mostly because she liked her freedom way too much and didn’t like people telling her what to do, but, overall Travis’ relationship with the cat sounded like a fun one. She was surprised about the way he spoke about her answer, she smiled at him but didn’t bother to even reply to his statement, but she couldn’t deny the truth of it.

“They can always say no Travis, and …” why was she even listening to Travis about that? Her eyes looked up at him, happiness? Perhaps it did make her happy, she knew it did. “How can you distinguish if it’s true happiness from a fake you? I could be faking.” She spoke sticking her tongue out at him like a child.

"Oh, I can handle anything, babe. The question is are you gutsy enough to even take the test?" As her smug expression formed, his own shaped into one that had been a clear challenge towards her. He didn't expect her to beckon towards it but he'd been surprised before. "Oh my, the best model ever? That's quite the mantle you're trying to pick up! How do you know some random squirrel I walk by won't beat you?" He chuckled lightly, she'd been a pretty good model he could agree to that much of a sentiment. It had never crossed his mind to actually compare a 'best' as everyone had been viewed in an extremely unique and different way. 

"Deserve it!? Little ol' me?! I'm an innocent bean, slander I tell you! Slander!" If he'd been any form of 'Innocent' then Tallygarunga must have been the most prestige private school in its district. Considering that statement had been untrue, however. . .  Knowing this fact he couldn't keep up a serious front for long and nodded his head with a roll of his eyes as if predicting that she'd disagree with the statement before giving that chance. 

His eyebrow raised up for a moment and he grinned at her. "Sure, they can say no. But if you flash that smile? I don't think anyone would be able to actually turn it down." Unless the person had been a complete moron when it came to a person cues. Maybe he shouldn't be too harsh? It wasn't as if they had the advantage of picking up the different functions in the body that showed different responses that corresponded with strong emotions. Max's question caused his lips to press together tightly on whether or not he should burst that bubble or at the very least get her to think that he may or may not know what he'd been talking about. 

"I can distinguish by the way your body responds." This had been when his eyes started to flash across her entire body. "The smile, it curved in genuineness, your eyes started to dilate as if you were thinking either about the person or a recent memory that had been quite fond to you." His head slowly tilted as if he were some kind of psychologist trying to gain a better view of her mind's landscape during that moment. "Then your heart picked up, in a way that suggested that whatever came across your mind was exhilarating - Adrenaline of sorts." He stated to see just what her reaction would be. 

Travis head then realigned and he just stared at her with the utmost serious expression on his face, it actually hadn't deformed into the usual smirk or laughter. 

She crossed her arms and stared at Travis, she wasn’t in the mood for dares, but he seemed to be interested in taking it. “Depends on the test, I have a test in mind, but I don’t think you’ll appreciate I’d set you on actual fire, and the nurse might not be too happy to send one to the burn unit.” She smiled mischievously. She needed to know if he could actually handle fire and ice, what would be the point if he didn’t. She knew she was the best model, not even a squirrel could compare, or at least she tried to keep her appearance of being confident about being the best model. “It will never surpass me.”

It would be unbelievable to think that Travis was innocent. She stared at him as he continued to play a little dramatic scene, she was trying not to laugh at the situation, but it was too entertaining for her to keep a serious face, and even worse when he rolled his eyes, which was when she let out a chuckle before trying to shake her head in disappointment, this time in herself for not being able to hold a straight face.

Flashing a smile wasn’t something that could convince people, even if they were genuine, but the way he replied to her question was interesting, a complete lie as it was impossible for him to know certain things, especially since he can’t actually heart her heartbeat, unless he was close enough to do it. “Nice going Travis, if you could listen to my heart, I might have believed you. It’s not like you have superhuman hearing.” She stood up to stare at him. “But yes, it’s a close friend, who I treasure…” he seemed too serious, too serious to be the Travis she had been speaking with, was he broken? He continued to have a serious face.

“Did something break on the inside?”

Fire, that sounded as if it would really hurt. At least it wasn't silver, that would hurt FAR more in his opinion. "To see the Nurse. . . So, what, your plan is going to send me to a good thing? I mean, the Nurse is amazing I wouldn't mind seeing her." Being in Liv's presence was a good thing in his opinion even if she'd been far less enthused about the fact he showed up with some kind of burn on himself. Not that it mattered in his mind, as long as it had been far more superficial than it wouldn't last too long on him. But would he really let that go without a good excuse to slip into the Nurses office without seeming like an odd little pup? "Oho, that confidence! Okay, I will say you win that round. Confidence is like, the top amount of things you need towards being an expert model."

Travis grinned widely, he managed to break her façade which meant all had been going according to some undetermined plan! Which mostly hinged on making thing far more light-hearted for her. "One day, you'll see it. You'll be walking down the street saying, 'My, that Travis, is a beautiful angel! Any gal would be lucky!'" Not that he expected that kind of talk anytime soon considering his previous comment about wanting to see the Nurse. Although he stated in his usual means of attraction, it'd been far more than the physical and more towards the presence that radiated from the woman. Which, in his opinion, had been far more attractable. 

He casted a smirk, it seemed she didn't take him seriously about his hearing. That had been good even with the serious expression he wore so tightly. "Oh, no, you didn't break me. I just wanted to see how well I could convince you! Seemed you got me, couldn't pull one over on you." At least from her verbal admittance he hadn't been off on the connection she seemed to have towards the individual. "Just remember, protect those treasures. They tend to be the extremely unique ones that can't ever be replaced." That had been his own thinking whenever he tried to keep others at arms length or at least out of the way of his path. 

Listening to his own words it reminded him further how his recklessness had been far more dangerous.  Why couldn't he see himself as any true treasure? Had it only been the tainted blood in his veins or could it be that he just hated the state of that very existence at the pit of his core? Or rather what it all had place him through?  The lower lip slowly started to be chewed on and he shrugged. "Have to be like a pirate, protect the booty." That had been spoken as advice for the both of them.