Cbox
Guest enabled! No advertising, and be nice! Not much happening here? Check out our Discord!
Welcome to Tallygarunga, an original roleplay set in the Harry Potter universe. Set in present-day Australia, tensions are high between the Ministry of Magic and the only Ministry-run wizarding school in the country. Become like the other snooty private schools? Not a chance.

Originally established in August 2006, Tallygarunga prides itself on an inclusive and active community. Once part of the Tally family, always part of the Tally family. Whether you're here for the first time, the thousandth time, or returning after a long time---welcome home.
Staff
Sadrienne
Founder
LilyCat
Admin
Kaitore
Sturt
Flinders
Spencer
Bourke
Tallygarunga
a non-canon au potterverse roleplay
August, 2019 :: Winter

Spencer ☆ Seventh Year ☆ StudentTecri
17 year old Muggleborn Human ☆ she/her

Max could already sense the holidays just around the corner, they were already in late-March and it wasn’t that long before she could finally relax from the stress of classes, at least not during the holidays and she could enjoy the weather before winter decides to ruin most of her plans to walk around outside and do some exercise.

Before the weather became more unstable Max thought it would be a good idea to hang in the Centre Courtyard, doing what, she wasn’t sure but it would be good to catch some fresh air after classes, perhaps even take her violin to practice, or perhaps her old sketchbook, it had been a while since the last time she made a fun doodle about classes and everyday events that life throws at people when they least expect.

Upon arriving to the Centre Courtyard, she saw how other gathered there, it wasn’t such a good idea to just sit under a tree and do whatever she wanted, but after a few minutes of standing there like a fool most students left to go to class. She smiled as everyone left the scene, she could be in peace and quite doing whatever she wanted without having people staring at her. Some students seemed to be curious about the violin as they left, it didn’t bother her, they weren’t going to stay there and listen to her anyway. She made her way through the tables and sat in her favorite spot, on the grass under a tree.

First thing she did was take out a sketch pad from her backpack to make a few doodles, simple things, not much technique was needed to make a small comic with an amusing everyday life event, the simple act of skateboarding and ending up taking a dive in a fountain was always funny and cute to draw. She looked at her violin, she was planning on practice a little, deciding against it shortly after sitting down under the tree.

Bourke ☆ Seventh Year ✩ Kaitore
17 year old Halfblood Werewolf ☆ HE/HIM

Travis found the day to be a pretty mild one and the recent events of late between him actually missing containment and ending up locked in the basement of the Australian Minister of Magic himself placed the man on increasing edge. It didn't matter how nice and accommodating they'd been after the fact that had just been the kind of defensive nerves he couldn't shake, the kind of eyes and focus on him that he had been trying to avoid in order to keep the lowest profile possible. It's how he ended up finding himself on the treetop at the courtyard, a sketchpad in hand along with a magically designed pen that had an ink with an extended inkwell. The magicked portion of it really had been that it resonated a gentle warming heat to keep the nerves of the hand steadier which he had been thankful for at the moment. 

The gathered crowd down below hadn't been a concern for him, he kept silent and simply drew the gathering with adept accuracy and even impressive speed. Attention to detail being optimized as he made use of the full extent of his instinct and senses. The various styles of clothing as people had personalized their school uniforms, the hairstyles that seemed to give those gathered a unique personality of their own, people just simply socializing in different parts of the area and even a few of them that had decided to play some kind of game out in the field that one would usually see muggle's playing. That had been an actually refreshing sight in his opinion, considering the lack of culture on that aspect that touched the Wizarding world especially within the schools. Maybe they'd been playing it to study for some form of project? 

At first the sound of footsteps that crunched under the grass towards his direction hadn't alerted him until the sound of someone's breathing and beating heart echoed right in his ears which meant they'd been directly within his vicinity. Travis' gaze casted down and a small smirk touched his lips. 'You know, usually when a woman is under me, I'm not so far away.' A brief scoff at his own poor lewd joke, that wasn't the kind of thing someone should open up with to someone they barely knew. 

Even from this distance, with a slight glance he could see the extent of her doodling, a comic no less. While he'd never made a comic himself he did find the lead to doing so pretty amusing, a soft chuckle escaped from him and his voice picked up in a smooth tone. "That's pretty good, a skateboard accident in the fountain? You can't forget a good stammering of not-words as they're flying through the air as if they can stop it too. That's what gives it the gold."

Max took another look at her violin and another at the sketch pad. She added a few more lined before staring at the comic for a while. She heard someone’s voice, it sounded like Travis, but she couldn’t be sure. She looked around, she couldn’t see him, perhaps he was on the other side of the tree, although it would be pretty hard to see whatever he was drawing. She decided to look up at the tree to see if he was there.

“There you are. You know you have exceptional eyesight.” She commented. It wasn’t every day that she met someone who could see so well, she wasn’t too far away but it wasn’t easy seeing clearly from where he was standing. “Thanks.” She said, thanking him for the compliment over the doodle she had made. “Yeah? It’s not completely done. Got any cool ideas? I’m sure it’ll make it funnier.” she asked looking up at the tree, but it was going to be hard to talk without shouting or listen to whatever was being said.

Max took a look at the tree, should she climb up to meet him and listen better to whatever he was saying? Or should she call him down to meet her at the ground? “So, are you coming down or should I go up?” she got up from the ground and looked up at Travis. “I don’t really want to be shouting.”

Travis grinned at her as he leaned back into the tree casually. "Oh, I have a lot of expectational things about me. You just have to search for it! Sometimes by hand." He wouldn't call it entirely exceptional but he did have to remind himself much of his preternatural senses came from the condition he harbored. At least they came in handy and not all of it had been bad, there were extremely useful benefits that came along with the pain and ostracization. "I think I can help out with a couple of ideas!" But she did have a point, the constant shouting would probably run the voice raw and if nothing else, get a bit annoying for either one of them at some point. 

"I'll drop to you, much easier that way." He stretched a bit and slid his pen into a small slot that hooked on the end of his sketchpad. Then in a smooth motion he simply rolled off of the branch as if he'd been a rag doll, descending towards the ground, only grasping the following branch to lessen the speed of his descent before touching the ground with both feet, knees crouched as if it'd been an ordeal for his body. It hadn't really, but he had to play off the effects when it pulled off stuff like this. "That was pretty fun I'll need to do that again sometime." Finally, he took a seat on the grass and pressed his back against the tree, the sketchpad flipped opened casually. 

A hand extended out and tapped the side of him on the grass. "Unless you're too scared to sit near me~." The young man teased before he casted his gaze towards the empty courtyard. "Now, for an idea. you can have this one person in a tree watching the kid skateboarding, right? And just as they fling from the board, the person in the tree leans forward, as if they're on the edge of their seat and then~! Tips over, face first plummet into the ground. You get a double wipe out.

Using his own experience of sorts seemed like a good approach to start the flow. 

Max crossed her arms and looked up the tree. “You’d like that, wouldn’t you? Unfortunately, the only thing I’m interested it’s your eyesight, well for now anyway.” she commented chuckling, still looking at Tavis up in the tree. He seemed to have a couple of ideas, she would be willing to listen to them, anything to help improve her little comics.

She took a couple of steps away from the free as she watched him get down. “You’re pretty good, are you just into climbing trees?” she asked. “Is that the other exceptional thing you can do?” she asked with a cheeky smile. As he tapped the floor next to him, she looked suspicious. “Hmmm are you sure you don’t bite?” she joked before taking the seat next to him.

As he explained what else she could do to make the comic more interesting, she began drawing what he was saying, she couldn’t go quite as fast as he was since she would need to work on some details. “So, I’ll be having a Travis falling out of a tree…” She joked as she added the next character, every now and then she would stare at Travis, it might not look like an accurate sketch considering the size and her lack of skills to do much better than that, but it sorts of looked like him. “There ya go, a Travis falling from a tree.” She showed him the sketchpad. “A true masterpiece.”

She noticed his sketchpad and showed some curiosity in it as she pointed. “Do you doodle too? or do you actually draw decent things?” She stared at him waiting for an answer.

Travis started to fan himself in an exaggerated manner. "Oh, my, a woman who knows me! It makes me want to pass out in happiness! Alas, you still said you need me and I have to oblige!" He snickered as he dropped the playfully posh act of his words. "I'm sure by the end of the day I'll have you interested in a lot more than just my eyesight." He offered a sigh glance of a wink towards her just before he fell from the branch. 

He grinned at her and raised his eyebrows suggestively several time towards her question. "It's just one of many ways to train my hands to be exceptionally skilled." A cheek wink had then been shut towards her which hadn't stayed long as he started to laugh. "If I bite you I'm pretty sure you'd enjoy it more than you let on!" Of course, he wouldn't bite her at least not in his Human form. That would just lead to very odd cravings for raw meat and that may not have fit her pallet. 

An exaggerated gasp flowed from him. "Me falling out of the tree?!" It'd been phrased in a jest that suggested he'd been offended on some level. "Okay, but at least make the fall as grace-less as you possibly can get it!" He'd been a good sport about these sort of things, couldn't quell the greatness that had been the arts and inspiration, after all! His gaze lowered to stare at the new additional part of her comic which had been an inspired illustration of himself tipping forward and out of the tree. Then he shook his head and gave a snooty impression while he started to talk. "No, no. Dreadful, it's simply just not goofy enough!" Then his hand rose up and began to offer up a careless wave before he dropped the pretense entirely. "I like it, it has its own little style to it. 'Pictures and Comedy by Max!'

"Oh, I draw pretty well, honestly. Not trying to toot my own horn here but I'm not going to knock my own talent!" As he finished speaking he opened up the sketchpad, a series of pictures that had been drawn from portraits, to environmental drawings of flowers and even some singular flowers featured, along with a few scattered etchings of crowds in motions in the style of an ephemeral artist. The portraits of people had been high detailed, life-like, with a twist on the artist view on their natural personality or personal atmosphere given a pictorial imagery that surrounded the subjects. "It's one of the rare things I actually put a lot of effort into. Though don't go spreading around that I'm intentionally laxed.

She looked at him with a provocative smile. “You seem rather confident Pretty Boy, but will you be able to deliver?” she asked as her smile grew wider. She watched Travis and her face couldn’t hide the mischievous smile. “Confident, are you sure about that? You’re confident about a lot of things.” she played a little before deciding to go back to business.

“I can make it happen, don’t worry.” She spoke as drew what he had proposed, a graceless fall from a tree, it seemed perfect until she jokingly told her it was dreadful, she looked at him pretending to be offended by his comment as she led her hand to her chest to add some feeling to it, but she ended up chuckling about his comment. “That’s a nice name.” Not all doodles were about comedy, but most of them were, mostly whenever something amusing happened during a class, as usual, someone was always getting injured, it was only a way to make the event seem funnier.

Max listened as he spoke and looked at his sketches, they were good, very detailed, almost perfect, but she wasn’t going to tell him that, at least not for the time being. “These are really good, you do have great eyesight.” She said sarcastically, however she meant every word she had spoken. “I personally love the portraits, they look so real.” She commented halfway through some of the pages. When he spoke she stared at him. “I won’t, we wouldn’t want to stain Mr. Travis Franklin image around campus, now would we?” she joked before leaning on the tree. “Aren’t you a fine artist? I wouldn’t have considered you to be one. Aren't you a little box full of surprises.”

“My thing is actually music, aside from those doodles which are just a break from my most normal hobby.” Max had many hobbies, but music seemed to be the most normal of them all, perhaps dancing would be on the list, everything else she did was slightly different. “

His eyes fluttered at the call of being a Pretty Boy, it only seemed fair to empower that kind of thinking further in his mind. "I always deliver, the real question is, can you handle what the package offers?" A cheeky grin stretched across his face. "A man whose confident is bound to get what he wants. The most attractive trait, if I do say so myself!" He raised his hand up to lightly flick the strands of his hair in a flourished manner, a confident smile growing from the grin as if to accentuate the features even further before things turned towards a less flirtatious manner. 

"Oh, I never worry. That's plebian stuff." Travis chuckled lightly which rolled into a firm laughter as she offered her own faux offensive due to the posh attitude he offered. His hand rose up and gave the 'O.K' shape. "I'm not very good when it comes to names but I'm pretty, I don't need to be good." He snickered at the self-barb that he tossed and then leaned back a bit more to get a better view of the comic she'd been showing him, taking in the detail and adjustments that had been made especially with the addition of the new event in the story that hadn't been there originally. "So, what, you just go on a doodling spree when you have your own time? Keep yourself amused?

Of the sketches there had been a few that held fellow classmates, mostly the ones he found he hung out with more often than not. Along with illustrations that extended around them, some that were gentle had the design of flowers in budding and butterflies that swarmed around the buds in what could be assumed a circular pattern, others held illustration of a stern look yet the eyes showed a depth of kindness that had been hidden behind the face shown itself. A way that he'd been aware they hid themselves for one reason or another, the rare few seemed to hold a brighter design towards their atmosphere which emphasized not only a bright nature but a bright mind as well with various scrolls that had been opened up in the background with scribbled writing to simulate words upon them. 

Travis smirked towards her and leaned in lightly. "You can say it, They're really awesome and my sense is impeccable!" He then retreated back to his own space and shook his head to give a more humbled and genuine response. "Oh, It's nothing. I mean, the portraits are less of my work and more of the people themselves. It feels weird taking credit for how a person is, it's their aura and essence that. . . Charismatic presence that each person has even if they don't know it." He sighed a breath of playful relief as she seemed to agree to not let the 'secret slip.' "Of course not! I have to make sure I leave this school with the perfect image of being a playboy, philanthropist, NOT a genius." Maybe philanthropist would've made more sense if he had money to invest things in but his time was like money so it counted in his mind. "If you shake me up, you never know what you'll find. You just have to be brave enough to reach your hand in." It was now his turn to offer a provocative smile to his words. 

It seemed she'd answered his previous question about going doodling, so, Music had been her schtick? "I don't have a musical bone in my body. If I play music it would be like strangling a cat at night, with the sound of a thousand violins untuned.

“We’ll see, the worst that can happen is a bruised ego, and I’m sure it won’t be mine.” He wasn’t lying but sometimes confidence was enough to bring a person to its knees, if not used carefully, she didn’t plan on continuing their little flirtatious conversation, even if she had to admit he wasn’t that bad at it, which was amusing. She laughed at the comment, but it was best not to poke it, or they will be having another irrelevant altercation, fun and amusing since neither of them were exactly serious about it, it was more for fun than anything else.

She was fascinated by his drawings, the details were amazing, he didn’t seem to miss anything, she was probably right when she commented that his eyesight was exceptional, perhaps the way he could move a pencil to draw was too. “Yes Travis, they are awesome, and you do have a great ability, capturing someone like that? You might not be able to take credit for how a person is, but being able to do all this, I believe you should.” She gave her honest opinion, if he was going to take it into consideration or not was his problem, not hers. “What? Scared people might not like the genius Travis?” she nudged him with her shoulder before wondering if he actually wanted to be shaken. “I like a good challenge.” She responded to his provocation with a mischievous smile.

Max expression was one of confusion, everyone could make music in her opinion. “That seems a bit extreme, but I don’t need you to show me.” She reached for her violin case and took it out. “This is my baby, this is what I’m good at.” She spoke as she touched the violin carefully. Max has had her violin for a while, it had been one of the few things she would consider herself to be good at. “I had come here to practice, I wanted to enjoy the weather before it gets chilly outside, but I don’t like being watched.”

"Oh, my ego is never bruised.  I recover pretty quickly. Of course, it never hurts to have a helping hand with that." A smile formed on his lips, though he knew witty flirtatious couldn't last forever. Well, they could, but it often would get a bit out of hand or even running the well dry which had only hurt the potential future fun such witticisms could offer. "Though in all seriousness, I tend to try and keep a high view of myself. No one will have the real kind of faith in your abilities like you would, you know? The whole, 'Know thy self' approach to things." Admittedly, his personal view had been extremely low but he'd been acting to the contrary for so long it'd felt so natural to lie about having a much higher opinion. 

His hand rose up and he waved it bashfully, it'd be truthfully bashful from the way the following sigh passed by his lips. "Maybe, I mean, to me? I didn't really create them, the person kind of created it themselves. Sure I added my twist of vision on it but for some reason I feel if I take too much credit it cheapens the subject. Maybe I'm weird for it." A shake of his head with a casual shrug flowed, but it hadn't been a bad point. Despite the uniqueness of his capabilities to make it so detailed it hadn't been easy work, it required a lot of attention to details and depending on the day and time of the month things often could get increasingly difficult to focus even if they became even more accurate and precise. As his shoulder is nudged he let out a friendly chuckle and bumped her back as lightly as he could. "I'm scared they might try to ask me to do their homework!" A laughter followed after though halted abruptly as her provocative smile formed, a hand rose up and fanned as his face as he made a flattered 'Oooh'. "My, my, Max, you're a dangerous one. I like it.

Travis grinned towards her. "I suppose there is the Arm-Pit trumpet but let's be honest, I'm not gonna lower myself playing that!" He chortled lightly and then his gaze shifted towards the violin that she'd pulled out into view. "It's a very beautiful instrument, I didn't think you as the sort to be close to a violin. Maybe a guitar, a bit of a singing." The sound of her natural voice seemed as if it could hold a reasonable tune if not better, at least to his own ears. Then again, he'd been no expert on music or even had a care to attempt such a talent, it just didn't seem to fit him too well. "I won't watch you then I can keep my eyes closed. Or if you want I can go all the way around the corner.

He wasn't going to bring up that he could actually hear her from that far away either but it would be amusing to tell her she sounded good when he did. 

Wasn’t that somewhat adorable? Max just stared at Travis with a daring look, probably all talk and no action. He wasn’t completely wrong, there were some things she considered she was good at, some she had her doubts, and some she never really bothered to explore, she wasn’t that confident, she sure didn’t mind being it.

She stared at him in confusion, he hadn’t created the person but to be able to capture it was a quality, and it wasn’t a magical drawing either. “Yeah sure, but your little touch might give it the light it needs to shine, some people spend their whole lives hiding who they truly are, and don’t tell me you can’t capture that.” She was perhaps praising him too much? The way she saw it Travis had a gift, even if the model was as good as he said it was, he was the one capturing it and for her, that was much more than some people who consider themselves artists do.

Her expression was one of suspicious. “Me? Dangerous? Well, one day you might find out the truth.”

“I actually play the guitar too, and the piano, I can also, somewhat sing? But the violin is my thing, it’s been with me for a few years now.” She touched the instrument as she spoke, it had sentimental value to her, one that couldn’t be replaced, even if she bought a new one, she was sure none would sound as good as that one. “I just have an issue with large crowds, weird but what can I say? Too many people staring at me as I play someone make me forget everything I know.”

She moved a bit away from Travis to be able to move her arm. “Alrighty, let’s see how this turns out, shall we?” There was close to no one in the courtyard, sometimes classes were a blessing. She took a deep breath as she began playing a children’s lullaby on the violin.

The gaze he offered towards her had been one that showed he accept nearly any challenge, though if nothing else he was still a guy that held some decree of respect. Some people you had a vibe about that had been ready for anything that popped up, where the wind blew they'd flow with it even if it'd been a very risqué endeavor. That hadn't been the appeal that vibrated from Max to him, unless she'd been really good at masking it in which case he'd have to internally clap for such guile. 

A soft snicker rolled out from him. "Oh, I can without a doubt. Or, at the very least, I think I can." Confidence didn't have to evolve into arrogance and he knew his words had been stepping into the latter's territory. "No one can be always right about a person. I bet even psychologists are typically wrong enough times." He offered a playful smile that seemed to last for only briefly. "There's always that part of a person that's elusive but all the parts that make them noticeable tend to always pop out one way or another." By noticeable he really meant trackable, those that had a sense of behavior that would allow a predator to get the proper drop on them. No different than how a Lion or a Leopard would study the prey they'd pounce in only a matter of moments. 

"Oh, One day, huh?" Travis winked coyly towards her as his smile stretched. "I don't know. . . I don't think you can handle what's in the jungle of Travis.

So she'd been a Musician? A true musician in his opinion, someone that didn't stick to a singular instrument but really put themselves into music and learned all the different aspects that it had to offer. "I get that, I think. . . Not really. I don't have any kind of keepsake like that. It must be nice." If not a bit heartbreaking, what did she wonder about each time she took up the violin? What made her reverberate with it as each string had been plucked by the bow? It'd been this thought that caused him to absent mindedly unravel the sketchpad to a clean page, the pencil tip pressed against it as he slowly started to etch a full body portrait of the young girl he'd been sitting with. "I don't think it's weird, sometimes you want the music to just be for you, I think." As promised his eyes lowered away from her and instead he found himself staring at the skeletal start of a sketch. 

The music flooded his ears, rather loudly in truth, but not unpleasantly. In fact it seemed to cause his concentration on the kind of person portrayed to hone in even more, a song and instrument often told a lot about a person if they hadn't been doing it for entertainment's sake. 

She couldn’t disagree with his reasoning, besides people lied and not always was easy to figure out, even training professionals could have a hard time identifying certain personality traits, someone who wasn’t a trained professional would either needed to use a spell or have the natural aptitude for it, which she assumed Travis didn’t, but the way he drew he could fool most people.

Max laughed as he spoke, a jungle wasn’t too hard to get across, everything considering. “Who knows what’s in the tall grass, sometimes you just have to wait and see what comes out from it.” She spoke mischievously.

She didn’t deny that the violin meant a lot to her, it was initially an escape that now had turned into something much more. She always thought things would be different if she hadn’t had it, or would she even love music the way she does if things had been easier? She couldn’t tell for sure. It was reassuring hearing something like that, Max always feared that people would think all she wanted was attention, and they wouldn’t be completely wrong, it was just a different kind of attention she wants. “I do like to listen as the violin strings sound in a silent room, sometimes the echo fills the closed room like you’re in there with something else, or even how the melody is played as the soft wind blows almost carrying the note far away.” She had a hard time explaining certain things, they needed to be felt in order to be understood.

Max continued to play the violin calmly next to Travis, she wasn’t paying too much attention to whatever he was doing but if he didn’t tell her to stop it meant that he was disliking it and she did manage to practice a little bit.

"Well, you know, sometimes when we pop out we like to nip a bit." Or even lick a bit, but it'd been a while since he literally tackled someone and licked them. That had been a very embarrassing moment in his life. "Unless, of course, that's your kind of thing." A smirk formed on his lips and his eyebrow wriggled in a suggestive manner, not that he'd bite her that would just leave a mark on her which he didn't think anyone really wanted that. 

There hadn't been any obvious tell other than the way she spoke, it felt as if the songs she'd play on the instruments she'd been acquittanced with were escapes of some sort or at the very least something to channel some kind of personal issue that would consume if the mind hadn't been occupied elsewhere. That had been something he understood in general, maybe not with the lure towards music but that had been the point of his scrawling's, the various drawings and sketches that littered not only the Sketchpad in his hand but various ones that he held in his dorm and ones that had been at home. She made an excellent point, however. He probably needed to just hear what came across by her meaning or at least as much that could be grasped compared to the usual personal concert she may have done in the past. 

The melody that flowed from the strings had been calming, it hadn't been an entirely lie that 'Music tameth the Savage Beast' in a sense. It drew onto his inner person, not the monster that often stayed at the edge of his mind and actions. This had been the height of what it must've been like during the time of the Renaissance in Europe, where the very soul of humans thrived with flowing creativity. His hand began to move with trained nerves held still, not even a fraction of a jitter in the motions as quick strokes and tracings were made, the picture had started to fill up at a surprising rate. Eyes widened for a moment, he'd been using too much of full capabilities which hadn't been an entirely good sign. Zoning out while listening to music, that's the kind of activity he imagined happening in solitude not out in the open. 

It almost had been as if he blinked, one moment there'd been the bare bones on the picture and next that he knew it there'd been a detailed image of Max sitting against a Tree with violin in hand. Though the area had been in solitude on the paper there'd been a string of notes that flowed from the instrument and wrapped about in a tornado like fashion. A friendly expression had been drawn as part of the full body portrait of her and yet the eyes said something else, someone looking or searching for something. But what?  That he didn't know and it caused his hand to gradually slow as he continued to work on the picture, expanding it further to gain a better idea. 

Max tried to ignore Travis comment but couldn’t, a laugh escaped from her as she imagined someone pouncing out of the tall grass to start to attack people, and perhaps even nibble on someone’s limb.

As she continued to play the violin, she melody was easily replayed, however, Max thought she needed to change the song, or it would become boring and repetitive. She found a switching point and began playing an equally calming song but different than the one before. As she continued to play, she kept switching songs without completely ending the one before.

After a while she got up still playing and moved to the side of the tree to watch what Travis was doing, her curiosity was too great to remain seated without being able to watch as he drew, magnificent indeed. She moved a bit forward to leave him in peace for him to continue.

Once the song she was currently playing was over she lowered her violin. “That wasn’t so bad…” she commented as she retrieved to where she had been seated and sat down again and smiled at Travis trying to peek. “Oh? I’m the model, I’m flattered.” She said laughing as

Laughter, laughter was good! It pressed a smile on his face as it had been a small sign that he wasn't entirely ignorable in the moment. Though it probably wasn't as hilarious to someone that had been walking about, minding their own business, and suddenly a dog would jump out and bite at their leg or something of the sort. Well, as long as it hadn't been him he was alright with it! 

Something altered from the music that she'd been playing, 'Another song? I wonder how difficult it is to ease into another song like that.' That hadn't been a question he wouldn't to know fully but it'd been a settled curiosity. It must have been what a few called a medley in the music stream, where one would shift through various songs or pieces and etch them together as a singular entity but with their obvious differences - complimentary. With the far calmer song in transition he used that as a means to keep his own tempo, easing the originally precise yet quickened strokes of the pencil to a more determined and intentional ease. Taking a far more enjoyment in developing the picture at a reasonable pace. 

His eyes had been pinned towards the paper but he could hear her, the subtle signs of life that beat within her chest, the sound that her feet made as they shuffled across the grass. A somewhat proud smile touched his lips, while he didn't really draw or sketch for the benefit for others to enjoy as a whole there'd been a glint within himself that enjoyed that kind of attention. Part of it had to do with the fact that it'd been one of the few things he could say had been a kind of productive activity that he pushed his attention towards. Well, there'd also been his flirtations as an activity but not many people would've really viewed such a thing as productive thing. 

Travis shook his head briefly and smiled widely. "Nah, not bad at all. You were pretty good. You sure you don't go around just playing for people?" He added as a brief tease. Noticing that she'd been trying to take more of a peek his legs lowered and his back straightened a bit more to offer her a better sight of the image that had been developed. There'd already been the grass that settled at her feet, the parts of the greenery that she sat upon showed a clear disturbance by parting away in the various directions from the pressure of presence upon them. The violin while held by her had been aligned in a way that it looked as if it had been part of her arm, a way to signify that it'd been quite close to her, at least from what she'd told him and the way she played so easily with it engrained it in his mind. 

Originally, the eyes that had seemed lonely ended up being changed, while he did suspect part of her sought some form of social companionship what he found struck out more had been the curiosity that lingered on her. The eyes positioned in a way that showed she'd been looking towards the unseen area that may have surrounded her as the model even while she played the instrument. The ribbon of music and notes that originally wrapped around in a twister formation only seemed to have expanded and even parts of those notes seemed changed, a way to insinuate that transition of songs. 

"Hehe, oh don't you know? Everyone is liable to be a model with me and not even know it! Better beware, I may always be watching you and checking you out." Travis gave his usual flirtatious and playful wink towards her. "Sometimes it hits me. Not all the time but there are moments where it would just pop up out of no where, something about the environment or the scene or person that triggers it.

“Thank you, my kind sir.” She said as she bowed her head, showing appreciation for the compliment he had given her. “I’m still not good, not confident enough to do it, maybe one day I’ll put up a show.” She said as she moved her hand across the air. “The Greatest Violinist.” She said with a joking expression. She wasn’t meant to be in the spotlight, she didn’t mind but it wasn’t something she craved for.

She watched what he was sketching with curiosity and amazed by what he had done. She put the violin in its case. “Hmm…I don’t see anything negative about that. I mean, I certainly wouldn’t want all of this to go to waste.” She spoke with a joking tone and a cheeky smile. “So did the amazing violin trigger it or was it my magnificent red hair?” she wasn’t that conceited, perhaps a little bit, she was proud of her hair in a way, probably one of the few things she actually took care of.

“I know you can draw, I know you do it pretty well, but how did you start? Or why? If that’s alright.” She had her own story of why she started to play the violin, it wasn’t the best story, nor it was the most appealing one, but not everyone can have exciting lives, some people are just boring.

That wasn't good by her standards? It made him wonder what she classified has 'good' or maybe she'd been going on a scale of comparison to others that had tended to live their own life around music? He supposed that could be understandable, to him, his own sketches weren't good, not as good as he would've wanted them to be. There could always be improvement, always a step to somehow get better and that overall wasn't a bad thing. "You're very welcome, Ma'dam! Of course, if you're going with the Violin it needs to be far more flashier and still classy. That moniker is just way too bland." He wrapped fingers around his chin and moved in a thoughtful stroke with a hum that resonated. "Aha, The Fluid Violinist! It's fresh, it's good, and it will make people wonder what's so fluid!" A snicker followed with a smile. 

His head tilted towards the side as his eyes scanned her slowly and gave an approving nod. "It is a look that shouldn't be lost to the times, you always have to stop and pay attention to the beautiful encounters in life." A coy wink flowed from him. "Oh, it's such a hard call. . . The music was definitely calming to the soul." The final part he stated more genuinely rather than the line of flirtation that had followed, though it wouldn't stay that way for long. "But that red hair sets fire to the heart and mind, it's like you're a walking wave of inspiration, A living muse." His own smile turned cheeky as he started to slide the edge of his finger along the breakable edge of the paper. "A combination of both most likely, that and those delicate fingers of yours.

Then the question, he gotten it often enough but he found more often than not he had to think on how many things to cut out just to make it seem as if it'd been a believable story even if lack luster compared to the truth. Or, most of the truth, he hadn't ever lied about how as much as it'd been washing away the full scope of the reason. "Ah, well, you know, kind of just fell into my lap a bit I guess? One day just found myself having an urge to just draw." To keep distracted mostly, the less he thought about things the better he could have control on himself and the thoughts that could run through his mind. "Found out that I liked it a lot more than just to mess around with, a bit of a hobby. Nothing to jump into too seriously, never planned to make any kind of career out of it.

It wasn't as if he had really thought about thinking about a career or even where he would go with life in general. It never seemed and still didn't seem too pertinent to actually consider and think about. 

There was a chance that Max was never going to be good enough with the violin to play for a big crowd, for that she’d had to dedicate all her time to it, and even then, she could just be average. The name that he had chosen had a nice ring to it, enough to draw the attention of people and to make them want to stay. Max watched Travis with a grin as his eyes scanned her and just as she had predicted, there it was, the approving nod. As he spoke about the air, she ran her hand through hers like it was her most prized possession, but the comment about her fingers was what made her laugh. “And here I thought they were freakishly long.” She said as she wiggled her fingers. “Perfect for tickles.” She continued with a wide grin.

Max’s love for the violin wasn’t an expected one, so she could somehow relate to Travis, to her knowledge of things, but at first the violin was just a way to keep her distracted, not being home to be able to practice gave her some peace, but just like the violin was a hobby to her, so was drawing for him. “I can’t say I began playing because I was fascinated by it, but it was indeed one of the best things.” She turned to pick the instrument and put it on her lap touching it like it was going to turn to dust if some strength was applied to it

She put the violin back in its case and leaned on the tree. “You only have this one hobby? I mean, aside from climbing trees.”  She couldn’t joke too much about him doing it, as she did climb all sorts of stuff for the fun of it. “Oh! And don’t think I’m going to shut up until you finish that, I want to see it.” She pointed at the sketchpad he was holding before poking it lightly with her index finger.

He didn't think she'd willingly allow him to scan her form which only prompted him to linger a tad bit longer, maybe the ladies closer to his age weren't entirely too bad to take in a good eye about either. Not the usual chase for his eyes but it'd been entirely worth it in his opinion. "Now, now. You know what they about long fingers, right? The perfect grip!" A provocative grin and wink formed on his face. "I hear it also means that you get an edge on playing the piano. Much easier to move fluidly from key to key." Whether that had been a truth or not he wasn't entirely sure and maybe that had been one of the many myths of the world but it seemed to be a reasonable one. Eyebrow began to wriggle as his grin drew to more of one that dared her. "You want to touch me that badly?

Fascination, he couldn't say that had been one of his own reasons, it hadn't been something that he saw and was smitten with easily. It wasn't a means to an end either but just a way to channel part of himself without feeling like he'd lose it or maybe even just to understand things on a different level. What did fascinate made him had been the idea and image of women, he respected them and found them enamoring, paid attention and focus and though some of that focus had been for ulterior motives of closeness it helped with awareness of differentiating his own feelings and those that had been the beasts. "Heh, I can see what you mean. It's one of those, 'I didn't intend to discover or try it out.' But once you actually tested it you ended up finding out you liked how it flowed. Almost as if it had been some part of you." A smooth nod formed and his eyes shifted towards the sketch pad and picture of Max that had been drawn on it. "I sometimes wonder why it didn't pop in my mind on something to explore before I did.

"Oh, you won't find a better tree climber than me. I bet my non-existent salary on that!" Travis laughed, his head then inclined slightly and then shook lightly. "I can't say I do really, no. Only drawing, I don't do any sports or anything like that. I know what you must think, What kind of Bourke doesn't touch the field?" A thumb extended out and he pointed towards himself accusatorily. "This guy!" His lips curled into a toothy smile. "Don't worry, I try to always give the product to the model. Only fair, you know? Let them enjoy how someone views them." Even if it may include both the good and bad he found it'd been important to let people understand they were seen, noticed, and understood. It had been something he lacked in his opinion, he knew the true grasp of not being fully understood. There'd been a severe importance for it in people's lives. "I'll even put your name on it so you know it's your specifically!" An added tease. 

Max just stared at Travis for a moment with an unimpressed face, but he was right about the piano, it was easier to play, especially when playing certain music which required a different dexterity when playing. Her eyebrow rose and her index finger touched his face. “I have no problem with that unless you're against it.” She had little to no concept of personal space, only being aware of it around strangers, people who she knew the concept was alien to her. There were boundaries that she wouldn't cross but others she had no problem in doing so. “It's not like you're going to bite me is it?” She joked before her lips curled into a cheeky smile.

She couldn't argue with his reasoning. She had never considered trying music, she always liked to listen and dance, but it was always casually, in her room when no one was around to watch. She could only imagine the sort of trouble she could have gotten herself into, but music was unexpected. She could understand the sentiment, something she never thought she'd enjoy was actually one of the most important things in her life. “Probably something you always thought you wouldn't enjoy? I don't know. Maybe that's the reason you haven't thought of it?” she shrugged looking at him.

Max had her doubts he was the best tree climber, but what could she do, she could let him have that one. It was indeed odd for a Bourke not to be into sports, but it wasn’t just that particular thing that made someone a Bourke. “So, I get to keep it? Interesting, you sure you don’t mind?” She smiled trying to take another look at the sketch. “Are there that many red-headed violinists around these parts that I don’t know?” she asked starting at Travis.

Travis grinned towards her as he lightly pushed her shoulder. It wasn't as if he told her shove her hand into his pants and grab hold of the roll of quarters! Though he didn't think he'd ask that of anyone anyways. As the tip of her finger touched along his face a gentle purr rumbled from him, as if it had been the acceptable sound that some form of feline would make. Ironic in his mind but she didn't need to know the bit of why. "I'm never against it, if the person actually has the gall to do it. I might even be genuinely impressed with such a thing." He'd been testing the waters, seeing how far she'd really go through with it. Boundaries hadn't really been a thing with him, often the personal bubble was breaking anyways and he'd gotten used to it to the point it was simply natural now. A hum formed and resonated in his throat. "Bite? No. But I can't be held responsible for what my tongue does, be warned." An offered playful wink fluidly formed. 

There'd been some truth to the estimation she'd made, maybe he didn't at that time his mind and thoughts didn't seem as if they'd agree fully with the idea of it being entertaining. Honestly, He couldn't even remember what he thought before drawing. It felt almost as if the moment he started doing it, finding out the quirks and his limits in the art that everything that occurred as a thought before then evaporated or simply just didn't warrant any reason to actually keep it around. "Maybe, maybe. It also could be because my first memory and true love must have been a red-head and I was just simply distracted! Enamored!" He chuckled towards her. The idea of it had been amusing in his mind, he'd never been struck enough to fall in love with. . . Well, anyone. 

"Hehe, Why would I mind? It will always be a super unique portrait I honestly won't be able to replicate it at all. So, it's better off with the person who inspired it. What they want to do with it after? Totally up to them." Some people might get mad and tear it up, place it on a coffee table and forget about it, possible it would even end up in some accidental paper shredder. Whatever the reason he left it in their hands, their own fate and freedom of themselves. "Hmm. . . Not that I know of, not Violinist's anyways. I heard there was a Red-Haired dancer last year who twirled around in the rain. But I couldn't tell you who that was.

Her smile grew as she heard the noise and was compelled to do it again until Travis spoke. “Oh, you mean this again?” she poked him again completely avoiding the meaning of it, mostly because she was fascinated by the sound he had made earlier, she just wanted to hear it again. “Oh? So, you like to lick? Doesn’t that leave lots of drool?” she tried to joke with the situation as her smile grew wider. “Sorry Pretty Boy, I don’t appreciate tongue.” She said with a serious face looking at him, she was trying really hard not to start laughing at the situation, it was all too tempting, but she tried as hard as she could.

Max put the back of her hand on the forehead while the other touched the heart. “Oh, sweet sweet love.” She said trying to sound a little dramatic, but unfortunately, she sounded everything that, perhaps she needed to train her dramatic pose a little bit more. “But I highly doubt that’s the case.” She didn’t require him to tell her anything, but now she was going to start using it as a joke.

He did offer the sketch, but she simply felt wrong taking it. “If you say so, it still feels wrong though, it’s your work, but I promise I’ll keep it safe.” If the portrait ends up a good one, she will probably put it up on the wall. The question seemed to have confused Travis. “No, I mean, you don’t need to put my name, unless you know another red-head violinist.” she looked at the boy, trying not to laugh at the situation, perhaps she should have worded it better to be easier to understand. “Was she a real student or a ghost?” she asked Travis curious about the story. She probably had heard the story before but always fun to hear from another person’s perspective.

Travis smirked, he wasn't sure if she'd been testing the waters or simply just wanted to see if he'd make the same noise again. He supposed he could humor her in any event as he made another purr like sound, making it seem as if it were more of a large wild cat this bout around. "Sometimes it's just a mess of slobbering. I can't contain it." Part of him wanted to say, 'I just get things wet' but somewhere on the inside he felt that had been a comment she wouldn't approve of too keenly given the track record so far! "What a shame, it's one of my many acclaimed and respect talents from some people. But, hey, at least you know I'm pretty. Means you're looking more than you let on." He winked towards her. 

"It's a tale of a lost boy and his journey to seek its warmth embrace! The flittered kisses of fire and passion!" He had been about to continue on with the exaggerated ploy of a 'play' until it'd been shot down by her next words. A faux puppy dog pout formed for only a moment and then he snickered. "Ahahaha, You got me. I wouldn't know that feeling if it hit me in the face with brass knuckles and told me in a loud voice it was it." Or rather he'd purposefully avoided those kind of attachments from ever forming, it'd make a lot of things he did a bit dicey in his opinion. "Honestly, I couldn't tell you if I wanted to. The truth of it is I don't remember how I felt before drawing on how I viewed it. It was a while ago and a lot of time that has passed." He had started around the time of Seven years old, the years, things he witnessed and the stress of the constant changes often pushed the mundane away easily. 

Lips turned into a soft smile as his eye settled on hers. "It maybe my work but art was never meant to be encased or self appreciated. That much I believe at least even if I am about as good as a basement artist." A playful grin shifted onto his expression before it receded back to a smile. "It will be for you to enjoy whenever you want." A chortle escaped from him and a hand lifted up to try and contain the laughter. "I'm telling you I haven't seen any other red-head Violinist. Unless I make doubles of you, which may not be too bad." He winked flirtatiously at her, shoulders shrugging soon after. "Maybe a ghost? I'm pretty sure it had been a student. I think she was a Spencer too, Seventh year.

She was about to make things worse but decided against it, what was the point in doing so? Things would clearly be more interesting but at the same time, it would escalate. “Oh! I never said I wasn’t looking, I’m not blind, aesthetically pleasing but you’re not my type.” She spoke with a mischievous grin on her lips. They were starting to enter a risky subject, not only for herself but it had seemed that for him as well. “Well, maybe one day you will.” She was highly positive of it, mostly for everyone, there had to be someone out there crazy enough or just enough to be able to comprehend someone to the point of loving them. “Well, if you do ever find out or remember I wouldn’t mind hearing the story of how it started, those are stories worth listening.” Perhaps she was starting to sound a bit crazy.

“Okay, but you’re no basement artist, you’re gallery quality artist.” She has never been in many galleries, and she didn’t understand certain types of art, but she understood what he was doing. “I’m sure my roommate and I will appreciate it every day, cos that’s going on the wall.” She finally admitted, but the redhead dancer was a mystery to her. “I probably haven’t met her, but if she dances on the rain then she can’t be bad, besides, a redhead? She had to be good.” A gap in her knowledge, isolating herself didn’t bring anything good.

“You’re a seventh year, aren’t you? Do you plan on graduating? Or you’re just kinda just…still not completely sure you will?” Max wasn’t even sure if she’d be able to graduate, she would try but she will most likely stay one year behind, besides, she would require a place to stay, she wasn’t going to go back home unless it was to pick her things.