School Status:
Tallygarunga: Term One, VMU: Semester One

House Points

Sturt
Flinders
Spencer
Bourke
pxmBtN.png
An AU non-canon Harry Potter-inspired forum roleplay set in Australia.
THE AUSTRALIAN HOME OF MAGIC

Ministry ☆ Bounty HunterKirupachi
26 year old Halfbreed Dhampir ☆ She/Her

May couldn't help but smile a little to herself as she opened the window to her dorm room ever so slightly, to get air circulating. Despite the searing heat (that she quite detested), Autumn was finally setting in. Days were getting shorter and nights were getting longer - it was the start of her favorite half of the year, as her species demanded her being a bit of an extreme night owl. She watched the moon rise in the distance for a few seconds before tearing herself away from the sight, stretching her shoulders as if trying to shake off some of the onset exhaustion of what was a rather energetic day.

Stepping on the back of her sneakers to pry them off and pushing them with her feet so they'd neatly rest near her bed, she started making herself comfortable. "Any plans for the night, or are you dead too?" She decided to make a rare light joke towards her present roommate as she switched to more comfortable clothing. She then took a fiction book laying upon her nightstand and plopped down on her bed. It was then that she remembered that she had a bag of treats from Mrs. Kempsey's Corner Store acquired early that day, but she was tired enough not to want to bother getting up again.

Tally Staff ☆ School NurseTecri
25 year old Halfbreed Veela ☆ She/Her/Hers

Liv was laying on her bed, quidditch practice from the day before had killed her, not only that she had fallen off the broom twice, maybe she wasn’t in her best shape, maybe the excess of sweets on her breakfast were finally taking a toll. She rolled around in bed as her roommate opened the window, it was getting colder as the Summer faded and Autumn was right at their doorstep.

She paid attention to her roommate as she moved around, there was a smile on Olivia’s face as she watched the other girl, she had to stop from slapping herself on the face, what was she doing? She wasn’t going to continue to stare she had to gather some courage.

“I mean, I’m kind of dead but, I want to ask you something…” she didn’t know how she was going to start the conversation but she sure was glad that May had asked that question. Olivia took a deep breath as she sat on the edge of her bed, what could go wrong? If anything did go wrong, she could always leave the dorm room and move back with her aunt, after all the woman did live in Narrie.

Oblivious to the gaze fixed on her, May crossed her legs atop the mattress, pressed her back to the headrest of the bed and opened her book where she had bookmarked it, eager to continue; something else did catch her attention, however. An ear inadvertently twitched as her heightened senses picked up on something Olivia had never intended for her to hear, and entirely involuntary: the quickening of her heart rate. It made her look up from the book and at her blonde friend as she was sitting at the edge of her own bed. What was going on?

Closing the book before managing to even read a line of the story, she set it aside in its former resting place and slid to a sitting position in front of Olivia, concern clear in her eyes. "What's wrong?" Had something serious happened that she wasn't aware? She would do her best to help out.

Liv smiled at May when she asked her what was wrong, Liv should have thought about the outcome earlier, if that didn’t work out she would be moving in with her aunt, she only chose to stay on campus so that she didn’t have to wake up too early and then rush off to classes, although at this moment that sounded like a good idea if her plan doesn’t work out.

“Doesn’t have to be today but…” Oliva began looking up at May’s eyes. “I was wondering if you’d like to go out with me sometime.” She asked, still looking at her roommate. Should Oliver tell her that it’s supposed to be a real date? Or should she keep May in the dark and pretend it’s just two friends hanging out?

She didn’t like the idea of keeping someone in the dark, which meant that she had to be honest with May. “I mean, a date date...” she finally spoke, still staring at May.

"...Huh?" The Dhampir blinked dumbly for a moment, having a hard time processing what Olivia could have meant by that. With the heart rate, she figured something really very serious was about to be discussed, but Olivia just wanted to go out? "Go out?" She parroted on reflex. Hadn't they gone out that day? And the day before? And several times over that past year? Did she just wanted something more serious because she had something to talk about during an outing?

The self-defeating imaginings in her mind came to a screeching halt when the half-Veela brought up it was a date. An actual date. That one thing that implied the kind of attention that she'd seen Olivia avoid like the plague through the years (an endeavor May herself had helped plenty with). She wanted it from her roommate? Was it a joke? April Fools had already gone by earlier in the month.

Nonetheless, it was May's heart's turn to speed up, beating erratically in her chest. She didn't answer immediately; instead, she was quite overtaken by shock, eyes widening being the visible cue to indicate she completely understood what the girl had meant. But an interesting discovery was also made at that moment - the Dhampir was capable of blushing, as her otherwise pale cheeks reddened up in record time.

Olivia watched May’s reaction, it seemed that her roommate was having trouble understand what Liv meant, however when Olivia explained what it was the other girl seemed confused at first, it was natural, Liv avoided everything and everyone, her half-veela nature was one of the reasons why she couldn’t trust people’s feelings for her, whatever they may be Liv was never sure if they were real or not, even if she tried her best to present it from happening, however she couldn’t control her natural charm.

The other girl remained quiet, which was probably an indication of surprise, but it was also something that was worrying Olivia, what if May was quiet because she didn’t know how to turn her down? Could that be the reason why May was so quiet? Her heart began racing even faster, slightly scared of the outcome.

“You know, you don’t have to say yes if you don’t want to.” Liv finally spoke. It was a sad thought, but it could be the truth, it could be that May felt nothing and that Liv was just acting like a complete idiot in front of her new roommate.

"What?" May spoke as Olivia tried to retreat, able to clearly hear the distress making her friend's heart race. It was then that she sprung to action - trying to ignore the quick thumping of her own heart in her ears, the Dhampir quickly slid out of bed to kneel in front of the one she had labeled to be the girl of her dreams for several months at that point, grasping both her cheeks on reflex to try to get Olivia to focus on her.

"I'll go! I'll go..." She accepted, face burning with the unspoken admission of reciprocated feelings. She wasn't usually comfortable with any kind of heat, but what the half-Veela made her feel was the one type she not only tolerated, but thoroughly welcomed. "I... I'd love to." It was overwhelming, and she could swear she felt lightheaded in the best of ways. She couldn't mask a shy yet happy smile from crossing her lips. Her hands fell from Olivia's face to her hands, holding them gently.

"I'm sorry, I just... I never thought you'd look at me like that." She didn't even know Olivia was into women to begin with, let alone be interested in one as quiet as she was. She had never been happier about being proven wrong in her life.

Liv stared at May for a little while, she thought that May probably wouldn’t want to go, which could be understandable, they were friends and roommates and something else could potentially ruin everything, but Liv didn’t see it that way even if she could somehow understand that specific point of view. She felt May’s hands on her cheek, they were a bit chilly, but she liked the feeling they gave. Liv smiled at the girl before her and was about to speak when May accepted her request.

Her smile got bigger as she smiled at her roommate. “I was starting to get worried here.” Liv said trying to lighten the mood a little bit, but everything she said sounded different. May’s hands let go of her face and held her hands. Liv was not expecting that, especially the way May was behaving. Her question had been a shot in the dark as she had no idea about May’s feelings, but now she was glad she did ask.

“You’re kind, you’re smart, you’re not judgemental, what’s there not to like?” Liv smiled at May as she held the other girl’s hand as well. “I wasn’t sure that you’d say yes though…” a light blush was visible on her face as she looked at the other girl with a smile.

May gave Olivia an apologetic look as the blonde spoke of getting a tad too worried over the older girl's silence with the confession. It was such a foreign situation for her. The Dhampir had never been with anyone, in any shape or form; in a lot of ways, Olivia was the first person she looked at with a modicum of seriousness. That little spark of a feeling had evolved beyond her wildest dreams, and at that moment she had the confirmation that the unthinkable was reality: it was entirely reciprocated. She wasn't sure how to react, but she knew her heart was beating so fast, it was as if she was running a marathon.

To reassure her, May took one of her hands and laid the gentlest of kisses upon the back of it, face burning as she did so. Once pulling away sufficiently, she looked up at Olivia again. "I'd only say yes to you. I... I've had feelings for you for a long while now..." She looked away with embarrassment for a moment. She was never good at talking about herself, nor did she like doing so at all, but Olivia deserved her effort. Looking back up at her, she continued.

"I just didn't want you to think I liked you because of your charms. That, and, you were avoiding that attention to begin with. I didn't want to bother you with that, since I'm the one shielding you from it most of the time..."

Liv watched May and smiled at her. Perhaps that hadn’t been such a bad idea, but Liv was still concerned that it could be because of herself, the natural charm never brought anything good to her, always people wanting something without even considering her, it had been a curse and she was sure that nothing good can come from it. May might have had feelings for Liv, but were they honest? That only made Liv wonder if whatever May was feeling was real or not.

Her worries were addressed quickly as May soon dismissed the charm, Liv wasn’t relieved, perhaps because she couldn’t be completely sure it wasn’t just the charm talking. “I was avoiding it because, maybe, it wasn’t the one I wanted.” Liv smiled at her girl, staring at her and not looking away. “I don’t care about others, I care about you and if the charms are working then…even when you say it isn’t, it might be…they have that effect on people May.”

May's lips flattened as Olivia spoke. She could understand why the fellow Bourke had her questions and couldn't fault her for it. In the five, going on six, years that they had known each other, Olivia had always been the target of (mostly) male attention and sought out to dodge it every chance she could; it was perfectly natural for her to suspect May had been lured in by the Veela charms as well. However, she knew she didn't. She had to make sure the woman she loved knew it too.

"Okay..." She sighed out before getting up off the floor. Letting go of one of Olivia's hands, May moved to sit down beside her on the bed and wrapped her arm around her for an embrace. "I get why you'd think that. I really do. But it's not like that." It had always been hard opening up to the world, especially to those that were close to her. But, whether she liked it or not, Olivia earned it from her. She was prepared to let her thought process and feelings out in the open, for as rare an event as it was.

"We've known each other for way too long now. I learned how to resist it the hard way, and being consciously aware of your nature makes it much easier to block it out. I fell for you, alright? I fell for your kindness, for your cheerfulness, and for that dorky smile of yours, among other things. And that happened after I learned to block things out. Do you understand?" It just had nothing to do with it. What could she possibly do to make her realize she meant the world to her?

"If you need proof... You know what I am. Dhampirs are practically glued to our primal instincts, whether we like it or not. If the charm was working right now, do you think I'd only be hugging you?" As soon as she spoke, her face flushed to a dark red tint once again. "...Well, that's actually the reason I didn't take you up on the blood offer..." She looked away with the admission. Embarrassing.

Liv watched May carefully. Her ability or whatever people decided to call it, was a blessing or a curse depending on the person, Liv thought it was a curse. When connecting with someone on a deeper emotional level it’s almost impossible to know if the other person feels the same or if it’s just because of something else. Liv was scared that it was the reason most people cared for her, including May.

As May spoke, Liv just stared at her, looking like a complete idiot. The thought of May being affected was still lingering in her mind, always eating the happy thoughts that someone might actually like her for who she is and not for being part Veela. Liv’s expression changed, a smile appeared on her lips and it grew wider and wider until May had finally stopped talking.

“Well…” Liv looked at her friend and wrapped her arms around her neck, and in a moment of faith, she leaned forward to kiss the girl she liked.

May closed her eyes and sighed in frustration with herself. She had gone in a bit of a rant and ended up putting her foot in her mouth, and revealed a bit more than she had ever intended. Though she was soon brought out of her reverie by the silky sound of Olivia's voice, at which point she opened her eyes again to look at the half-Veela - just in time to see her closing the gap between them, and feeling her own lips be taken by Olivia's.

Her eyes widened significantly for just a split second upon contact, before she reflexively shut them and reciprocated. It was her first kiss, and the first demonstration of romantic affection she had ever been on both the giving and receiving end of for the entirety of her life. Her heart beat much faster in her chest than it had previously as she melted into the hold, soaking in the pleasant feeling of butterflies in her stomach during their first foray into something more than just being friends.

However, like everything else, it had to come to an end. May pulled away a few seconds after, eyes shining with the potency of the feelings she had for the girl. Her instincts told her to say that she loved her, but she held that down with much difficulty - it was far too soon. "...I guess my little confession worked..." She muttered instead, letting a small, satisfied smile take residence in her face.

As they pulled away Liv smiled at May, she had been thinking about it for a while, she just couldn’t believe that she would have the opportunity to do it.  Liv had always been afraid but hearing May’s confession had an effect she hadn’t predicted; the feeling of nervousness was gone but came back right after. Liv stared at May for a while, with a smile on her lips, May was one of the most beautiful people she knew, not exactly on the outside, but she was kind and caring, perhaps that’s what made Liv gravitate towards her.

Liv wrapped her arms around May and hugged her tightly. “I am so glad you spoke.” Liv confessed before pulling away from May, holding her arms and leaning her forehead on the Dhampir’s forehead. “I always wondered, I’ve been wondering for a while now…but…I wasn’t brave enough to just say it...” Liv wanted to, but fear of rejection was high.

She pulled away briefly, but soon her arms wrapped again around the Dhampir.

For a moment, May considered pursuing Olivia's lips a second time. That thought was kept at bay momentarily by the hug that closed the distance, cheeks pressed together as the Dhampir tightened the hold. While her body temperature was somewhat colder by nature, Olivia's was warmer, and within the embrace she could feel them evening each other out to a perfect balance. May pulled her head away just enough to lay the gentlest of kisses upon the half-Veela's cheek as she spoke before they both ceased the hug. Saying she looked like a love struck teenager at that point was the understatement of the century as the girl's smile wouldn't go away, and her eyes shone with affection for the younger girl. It was as if she was fully enchanted by her, yet no charm was at play; it was just that her presence, touch and voice were absolutely intoxicating, in the best of ways.

Having their foreheads pressed together afterwards darkened the reddish tint that was already covering her cheeks. At that point, she was fairly convinced that nothing that night would make her skin return to its usual pasty, pale complexion. "No point dwelling in it anymore, hm? Let's just enjoy what we gained." She muttered only for Olivia to hear. Feeling the woman's arms around her once again, she laid another kiss upon her skin, that time on her chin.

"Can we stay like this for a while?" She decided to request, basking in the intimacy. "At least until we go to sleep? We could watch a movie, too..." It briefly occurred to her that Olivia had to get changed to sleep, still. A bit of a bummer, as May didn't want to let go of her at all.

Olivia smiled at May, she couldn’t explain the happiness she was experiencing, to finally be able to express her feelings towards her friend was almost like a dream come true, the actual dream was how May had also confessed, that was the best feeling in the world for Olivia, to feel the embrace of her friend.

May was right, she shouldn’t dwell about her previous thoughts, they were there now, together. Liv kissed May’s cheek. “Yes, we can stay like this, and maybe we can have our date in here.” Liv proposed letting go so she could get ready for bed, but that didn’t mean she wasn’t going to hold May back until they both fall asleep.

After changing Liv smiled at May, they would be able to fall asleep together as they watch some random movie. The choice of the movie was the least important thing, the most important thing was that both Liv and May were finally able, to be honest about their feelings towards one another.