School Status:
Tallygarunga: Term One, VMU: Semester One

House Points

Sturt
Flinders
Spencer
Bourke
pxmBtN.png
An AU non-canon Harry Potter-inspired forum roleplay set in Australia.
THE AUSTRALIAN HOME OF MAGIC

Melbourne ☆ Journalist at The Mage Newspaper, WriterKirupachi
25 year old Muggleborn Human ☆ She/Her

Diana paced back and forth in her apartment, a knot forming in the pit of her stomach at the idea of what was to come from that conversation. She wasn't even quite sure of what to think of the situation herself just yet; but for the sake of everyone involved, it was a matter that couldn't wait another second. Brownie, feeling his master's distress, sat in her path; barely catching herself before running over the poor creature, she crouched to pick the half-Kneazle up with both arms. Holding it safely, she glanced over at Olivia.

"Okay, look. Before I even speak a word, you have to promise me something." She spoke, the seriousness visible in her expression - a rarity amongst her friends, she didn't like being so strict. "I need you to promise me you won't tear my house apart, or tear me apart, or do anything stupid. Okay? Please. Promise me that." She was painfully aware of what an angry Olivia could achieve, having witnessed the widespread destruction first hand - the woman had inherited the full force of the Veela species' irascible behavior, for as kind as she was. It was truly a frightening sight.

Tally Staff ☆ School NurseTecri
25 year old Halfbreed Veela ☆ She/Her/Hers

Olivia had arrived at Diana’s apartment later than she had planned but she was there. She was getting stressed just for watching Diana pacing around the room like she was trying to say something but at the same time was too scared to even mention it. Olivia crossed her arms and waited for Diana to gather the courage to tell her what was going on.

Diana spoke and the only thing Olivia could do was listen, what was so important that Diana had to tell her? And why was Diana acting so strange? It wasn’t like Olivia was going to hurt her, she would rather kill herself than to hurt a friend.

“I promise I will try to keep myself under control.” Olivia wasn’t sure what Diana was so scared for, or rather, apprehensive but it didn’t seem like it was good, for her to ask Olivia to remain calm had to be something very important. “I promise I won’t burn anything down, destroy the house or you.” No matter how hard it was for Liv to hurt a friend, she knew when she was angry it took a lot of self-control, the kind of control that she’ll either hurt herself or run not to hurt those she cares for.

This was going to end terribly. That was the singular line of thought capable of running through Diana's mind at that point. But, Olivia did promise she wouldn't set anything on fire, right? She didn't want a repeat of what had happened four years before, and she trusted her friend. Sighing due to the nerves, she kissed the head of her half-Kneazle before setting it down and motioning it towards another room. "Leave us be, alright, Brownie? I'll make it up to you later." She spoke. The highly intelligent feline understood his master's wish and apprehensively retreated.

'Deep breaths.' "...Okay. I'll just come right out and say it." She wasn't one to cower after all, but that didn't make the situation (or her friend) any less scary to face. "...Yesterday, May tracked me down at work." And just like that, the little factoid was out in the open. There was a lot more to it than that, of course, but Diana felt that it would be best to gauge Olivia's reaction first and act accordingly.

Liv watched Diana as she told her pet to leave them alone, it was probably something important, not only she seemed worried but had also made Liv promise that she wouldn’t destroy the house, what could it be so important and complicated that Diana couldn’t just straight out tell her?

As Diana began to speak and Liv crossed her arms waiting for Diana to tell her the news. The moment Diana opened her mouth to mention May’s name, Liv’s heart began to speed up, her hands clutching to her arms like a predator’s fangs on a prey’s neck, she tried to keep it together, she tried to keep it calm.

Annoyed at the situation Liv growled as her hands changed to look more like fangs, she stared at Diana for a moment remembering the promise she had made and upon remembering it her face showed more peaceful traces and her hands when back to normal. Liv places her hands on her hips, her own arm was bruised with claw marks, but regardless, everything was intact in that apartment. 

“And where is she now?” she asked calmly looking at Diana.

And there it was. The rage that Diana didn't want to see, and was scared to bring about all that time; but ultimately, it was unavoidable. She owed Olivia that much. She couldn't keep May's return a secret forever. Watching the reveal of the newly acquired bruise upon Olivia's limb, a product of said fury, made Diana close her eyes on reflex and take a deep breath. She was knee deep in it already, so she just had to go through with it.

"...That's not gonna happen right now, Liv." She spoke once reopening her eyes. "There's no way I'm giving you her address while you're still feeling like that, you need to breathe first. I can tell you what happened, but I'm not going to be accessory to murder, do you understand?" She tried to sound a bit more assertive than usual, but her tone failed her. The tension in the room was palpable. At least her surroundings were still in one piece.

Liv tried to keep her anger under control, it wasn’t easy to do, especially after Diana dropped that bomb. Olivia was still hurt and broken about what had happened in the past, perhaps it was for the best or perhaps it was just a missed opportunity to be happy.

“I’m calm I’m calm.” She said. She was clearly lying, anyone that knew Olivia knew she couldn’t lie, and this was no different. Olivia couldn’t shake the feeling of anger and sorrow surrounding May and everything that had happened between the two and Liv was having a hard time letting go and forgiving May for leaving, she was never able to overcome that anger but, perhaps it was finally time to let go.

She calmed down a little and turned to Diana. “I will not put you in danger Diana, I can promise you that much.”

The younger of the two raised an eyebrow in skepticism of Olivia's claim of being 'calm'. Diana knew better. Veela were a particularly irascible race - once infuriated, it was quite an accomplishment to bring them to rationality. Even if her friend was only half-Veela, she seemed to have inherited a good portion of that defining behavior of the species. 'It's like defusing a bomb in long distance. You know it won't explode in your face but you're still trying to keep people from dying.'

"I know that. But the point is to not have anyone in danger, Liv. Even if you hate May, I don't want you doing any of the horrible things that are probably going through your mind now. Okay? You don't need blood in your hands over this, or anything for that matter." In a way, she could sympathize with the Dhampir - she herself had left people behind for the sake of a new life. She didn't know if the reasoning was the same with May or not, but ultimately, she could clearly see that she still cared for all those people she left behind very much - something Diana could viscerally relate to. She loved her parents with every fiber of her being, and wished she could visit them; it just wasn't a possibility anymore.

"I don't really know how to feel about her return, honestly. And I'm not telling you this because she wants to meet up with you, I'm telling you because you deserve to know." Ultimately she had to take Olivia's side, for as divided Diana felt. "But... From the little that I managed to claw out of her yesterday, this is not so black and white. Keep that in mind, okay?"

Liv didn’t know how to feel about Diana’s actions, she wanted the tell her May was in town but not where she was? Liv was furious at the thought but not furious enough to hurt someone, maybe destroy a few things. Liv didn’t hate May, she hated the fact that she had left, she hated how it made her feel, but she didn’t hate May, she was hurt and angry, but it couldn’t be considered hatred.

Perhaps Liv had to be more honest about her actual feeling towards May to Diana. “I don’t hate May, I hate that she left, I hate how it made me feel but I do not hate her.” The feeling was hard to describe, but now that May was back and that she was alive was comforting for Olivia, at least May was alive and not dead someplace else.

Olivia crossed her arms again to look at Diana, the journalist wasn’t going to give Liv anything until she was completely sure that Olivia wasn’t going to burn or destroy something down. “I will take it into consideration, and I will not kill anyone.” Olivia tried to reassure Diana. Olivia could be upset with May, but she wasn’t going to kill her or anyone.

“So? Will you please tell me now?”

'Taking it into consideration', as Olivia had put it, was plain not good enough; not in Diana's point of view. It felt like she was handling a situation about to explode on her face when she least expected. But truth be told, a feeling that was crushing more than the sheer fear of something going horribly wrong was that she was keeping information from her dear information, and in turn, she was in all likelihood hurting her. She knew Olivia to be a very sweet and kind person; she could only hope that side of hers prevailed in their upcoming encounter.

"...Alright." Diana wound up sighing in defeat. Digging into one of her pants' pockets, she produced a small piece of paper. Within it was May's new address, clearly written with the Dhampir's handwriting - ironically, in Narragyambie. She held her hand out for Olivia to take it, jutting out the precious information between two fingers. "Don't do anything stupid. Okay?" She reiterated, despite having made Olivia promise that very same thing earlier, unwilling to let go of the piece of paper until she obtained the confirmation. "I didn't tell her anything about you. Where you live, or where you work, or anything else. She's going at this totally blind and you have the advantage here. Let me know how it goes..."

Diana had finally agreed to give Liv the address but that’s when everything came crumbling down, Liv was so sure she wanted to slap May in the face for what she had done in the past, but at the same time she was so happy that May was still alive, she could predict how unharmed but if she had given Diana her address it was because she was alive.

“I won’t Diana. Do you want to come to be sure?” Liv asked trying to ease Diana. She understood Diana didn’t want to be accused of anything that Liv did, especially since she was the one that had given the nurse the paper with the address. “I promised you. I never broke a promise Diana.” Liv smiled at her friend, still trying to reassure her that she wasn't going to do anything stupid as she took the paper with the right address.

“Tell me…how is she?” Liv wanted to know and didn’t want to be caught by surprise. Liv couldn't say that she didn't worry about May, they were more than just friends in the past.

Diana let out a defeated sigh as Olivia offered for her to come along. She shook her head. "No, I... I trust you. Just, please, take care of yourself too, okay? This is a bit never wracking to watch, to be honest..." Why did May have to go to her of all people? Why couldn't she have gone to Olivia directly? Diana wasn't stupid. She could tell that woman could've found Olivia if she had put her mind to it, as well as all the resources she likely had backing her up at that point. Why didn't she?

"I'm... Not even sure how to answer that..." Diana's eyebrows furrowed as she looked down at the hardwood floor. "Well... Physically, she looked good. Different, but good, so I'd say she looks healthy." She knew little of Dhampir anatomy, but she could tell the girl was well fed. She didn't look as bright as she remembered her looking through their college years, but she didn't look like an arm was about to fall off either.

"As for everything else... I don't know. You know how she is, it's like pulling teeth to get any bit of information out of her." Some things never changed, though she couldn't help but think Olivia would have a much easier time in that department, should she bother to try. "Same old May, but, there was something... Off? I don't know. Can't really pinpoint it, it's just a hunch I have. Though I can say she looked like she had gone through one hundred years instead of just four."

So, Diana didn’t want to go with her, then that meant that Diana trusted Liv, at least enough not to go with her to make sure that Liv doesn’t kill anyone. “I will…” Liv wasn’t sure what else to tell Diana, after promising that she won’t be doing anything stupid there was nothing else to say or explain.

When Diana answered her questions Liv’s expression changed, if physically she was alright then that meant that psychologically she might not be doing very well. Liv tried to stop thinking about everything that May might have gone through, she couldn’t even touch the tip of the iceberg, mostly because she was still angry and didn’t want to find excuses to forgive her, at least not until she talks to the Dhampir personally.

Diana’s last comment caught Liv’s attention. “Hmmm…can you dig some information about her? For me? I will try to talk to her, without cheating and I will not burn anything, maybe a little fire on a trashcan, nothing too big...”

"Information?" That was Diana's wheelhouse, but she didn't seem overly excited at the idea in any way, shape or form. In fact, she looked apprehensive. Crossing her arms loosely under her chest, she glanced at her friend while taking a moment to think. Her nose wrinkled as the uneasiness became more pronounced, so she opted to just let her concerns be know.

"...I don't know, Liv. I thought about it, but... She specifically said that, the less I know, the better. I don't think she's the type to say that lightly." It was a simple request that clued Diana in on the nature of May's dealings for the past four years - shady in nature, and the kind that puts people in danger. If that was correct, then it would explain why she left without a trace, but it was only conjecture at that point.

"Plus... It just feels like a huge invasion of privacy. This isn't some big story I'd be chasing, it's someone's life." Still, she wanted to help Olivia. They had been friends for a decade and a half at that point. She couldn't just abandon her while she tried to grasp at anything that might give her an idea of the reason why her ex would have done such an egregious thing.

"...Tell you what. When you go meet her, try to get something, anything, out of her. Okay? If you're not satisfied by the time you're done, I'll see what I can do."

Diana had a point, May wasn’t the type of person to say such a thing if it wasn’t the truth, but Liv wanted to know what had happened, what had made May leave like that without a word only to come back years later? What was May hiding so desperately that she didn’t want anyone to know? The thought of May leaving still made her anger, but if she knew the reason, she was sure her anger wouldn’t be as great.

Liv had to listen to Diana, she seemed to be the voice of reason in that situation, Liv wanted to know that she was even willing to invade someone else’s privacy, and worst, it wasn’t even her doing it, it would be someone else. Liv had to give in on her desire to know, at least for the time being, if May is willing to tell her she will, it’s not by invading May’s privacy that Liv is going anywhere.

“Okay, I just...you know, never mind, I’ll try to talk to her, and if she says no I just to accept her decision.” seemed like a good decision at the time, even if Liv wanted to know more.