School Status:
Tallygarunga: Term One, VMU: Semester One

House Points

Sturt
Flinders
Spencer
Bourke
pxmBtN.png
An AU non-canon Harry Potter-inspired forum roleplay set in Australia.
THE AUSTRALIAN HOME OF MAGIC

17 year old Halfblood Werewolf ☆ HE/HIM

It had been moving day! Not for him, of course, that was something he didn't need to worry about for the next few months, no. He had been helping Remi move into a much better and roomier immobile trailer that hadn't been that far away from her old one, but in a much nicer and well-kept section of the park. He'd grabbed the last few bits of boxes that needed to be transported and those had been the heavier ones out of those carried over and placed in her new home. Albeit, heavier for those that didn't have the slight advantage as he did, using the full extent of his physical capabilities to lift up the boxes in one go, stacked one on top of the other. The full moon had been around the corner, only a few more days, that meant his body had already been primed for the change and a much more hulking strength than usual had been at his beck and call to access in the short term. 

This also meant, unfortunately, the texture of his skin had been pale and clammy. It'd been similar to the day of the School dance at the end of last year, except much more noticeable given the relative closeness to the moon's full view for him. As he entered into the trailer home he set the heavy boxes on the floor and then began to pick each one up and partition them off towards, what he assumed anyway, would be the right area based on the labels written on the boxes. "Okay, let's see! We've got your living room stuff, kitchenware, bedsheets and the like, hm. . . Oh, right, and the box of clothes." He walked around giving a quick checkless to make sure that he hadn't forgotten anything. 

"I think that's everything! Anything we forgot I can always run back and get it or. . . Just buy something new all together, always good to have a shopping spree." It seemed a few things had already been taken out and set up too, he wasn't entirely sure where she'd want the rest of the things but at least she had everything that could be considered a necessity. "After a good wash down of this place, setting it all nice and neat the way you like it, we can relax and pop some kind of movie in. It will be like a cooldown from a hard work out!" That being said, he stuck to assisting with the kitchenware and any appliances she may have had, it seemed less likely to be awkward compared to if he started to help her out with her clothes. 

He didn't want to be beaned in the head for picking up her panties without permission, after all!

Flinders ☆ Part time at SomeplacePoppy
18 year old Halfblood Human ☆ she/her

Moving day was finally here! Remi had almost bounced out of bed and around the few boxes she owned that morning, popping on the kettle and making herself a coffee, bounding through the boxes with her was her newest pet. This one she knew had some magical inheritance as he was gifted to her by the wizard that used live in the caravan next door. This was before he disappeared, leaving her with the large dog that with a grace only saw in cats landed next to her. He lend his fall weight against her hip and gave a sharp bark, this, she had learnt meant ‘Feed me’.

“Okay Gus, I know.” she said popping down the warm cup in her hand and turning to dish out the meat she had got for him in the pet shop. The nice lady in the pet shop had been really looking forwards too seeing Gus, but her attitude changed when she saw him sitting outside waiting for her. Something about the big guy unsettled her and she promptly changed the order too one that was more meat heavy, less dry kibble, and gave Remi a leaflet she had yet to read.

This leaflet made its way into one of the last boxes she’d been packing. Time passed, several cups of coffee and juice were littering the sides of her old caravan needing a wash before packing away. Her eyes turned towards her furry companion. Sighing she walked over and opened the door he was standing by “Come back to our new home, remember where it was when I showed you?” she asked, swearing she got confirmation before he vaulted out the door to do whatever dogs did.

Travis arriving sped the day forwards, as it always did with him. They moved boxes into her new place, putting a few things away here and there. Then all the boxes were inside, her friend spoke.

“I don’t think we forgot anything important,” Remi replied, opening one of the boxes in front of her “I haven’t sold the other van yet so it can be storage for a while. This place does look like it needs a clean, but, you don’t have to help with that. You’ve done enough.” she paused what she was doing, looking at him with interest with the movie idea “And pizza?” she asked with a raised eyebrow, she’d found rather recently that she rather liked pizza.

He hadn't expected the smell of dog to be smothered on Remi, though last that he checked she didn't have any kind of canine friend that stayed around. Well, at least not one other than himself that he'd been aware of. Maybe she brought a dog to stem off the loneliness that came with having a home all to oneself? That he could understand, being in his own home alone when Cat wasn't around with her choosey affection or his Mother always held the weight of separation, that something had been a miss in some form of void. Though he'd always chalked that up to the nature in him that needed to constantly keep on the move, constantly interact with some kind of creature in someway.

"Good! I think that will save us any running trips. I mean, even if we did it isn't that big of a deal but that just cuts into the time we could have patting ourselves on the back." Moving had been a big deal to him and mostly because the work that went into packing everything, probably securing items that needed extra padding or tightly packed boxed to keep the fragile objects in place for transportation. After all the effort of keeping in mind that each box should be handled differently and then unpacking things hoping that they were in the same condition before placing them in a new place, well, it'd been a battle of the exhaustion of the mind. "I don't mind helping out, Remi. I have more than enough time and I did say I'd spend the time helping you out with all of this."

It may have been her home and mess but it didn't mean she needed to shoulder something so trivial alone, with the two of them it could be a swift cleaning and even fixing up a few things to make her old van look presentable for prospective buyers.

A chuckle released from him. "And Pizza, we'll slap a couple of slices of cheese cake and something fizzy to drink." That seemed to be the food of champions or the food of people who didn't want to have to go through unpacking kitchenware, silverware, and dishes just to have to place more work in. "So. . . You know what kind of movies you like? Or do I have to enlighten you to the way of the cinematic films?"  

“You did offer to help, but, I have learnt that sometimes when people offer to help with something they aren’t being sincere.” this wasn’t a lesson she had learnt recently, but, was one that was being brought home quite a lot since having moved into the mainstream education. There were times when she missed the old life she led, she at least felt like she knew where she was standing in that place. The rules were clear, if ever changed, and the consequences of disobeying them were made even clearer.

“I’m glad you meant it.” she added, not wanting her friend to make the assumption that she felt he could possibly have lied to her. She was honest when she stated she was glad he decided to help her out, after all, Travis was one of the few friends she had. He was probably among her closest friends. Remi was not someone who had a ‘best friend’ because the idea that one friend was the best of any person who wanted to be friends with her was an odd idea.

All her friendships were different, unique and special.

“Mmmm, Can we have pineapple on half the pizza? I haven’t tried that yet, I really want to see if it’s as bad as people say. Cheese cake with chocolate?” she asked, making her demands known but hoping they didn’t come across as too bossy “if that’s okay with you, though. As for movies, I’m a movie virgin. So, you will have to enlighten me in the ways off film watching.”

She turned on the spot to see the area when guests would normally sit covered in boxes and sighed, they’d have to clean that first and that meant less pizza and film time. Then she had a light bulb moment, turned back to Travis with a sheepish kind of smile.

“Would it be okay if we ate and watched movies in the bedroom since that’s the only place clear off boxes and has a working television and computer thing.” she said this whilst using her thumb to point in the location of her bedroom “It’ll be super comfortable as well.”

Remi held a point there. Many people would offer their help as a form of nicety yet have true restrictions on how far they were really willing to extend themselves in that manner. It even became far more tightened when they tried to offered it a bit more, hoping someone would tell them they didn't need to help them but still offered that gratitude for the work done so far. Fortunately, that hadn't been how he handled things, well, at least not when it came to people he befriended. Keeping things from them had been one thing, but his offer to help and how much he'd been willing to do was something that he personally deemed unconditional. "Well. . . You definitely have me there, hahaha. A lot of people usually just say stuff out of some kind of decorum."

A smile touched on his face when she'd acknowledged his own personal claim had been far more honest than a means to try and seem like a good person. He wasn't by his own definition but he'd been one to care for his people. "Dawh, shucks, you'll make me blush." He stated playfully as he started to assist a bit more with box placements while they tried to decide on an official order to place before making it. "Just know anytime I offer my help, It's not with any restraints. I'll always mean it fully." While they'd been conditionally with the only condition being that he had to actually have a sense of care about the person, he wouldn't hold back that assistance from them if he could provide it. 

"Half pineapple? Sure, I mean, you might start the biggest debate in the neighborhood with that topping." He added as a joke then nodded. "Cheesecake with chocolate it is, we'll get you nice and spoiled properly." A coy wink had been made towards her. "I'd say that would be the perfect treat to have after a hard days work." Then a sudden snicker erupted from the way she talked about being a Movie Virgin. A provocative smile turned on his lips "Then I'll be sure to pop your movie cherry as gently as possible." He had a few movie ideas in mind that he had stuffed in his bag before he arrived. 

Travis' eyebrow arched upwards at the thought, it hadn't been bad. Dangerous in a sort of way but nothing he hadn't been used to and wasn't against, at the very least. "Sure, If you're actually fine with that. We can pop the movie in, maybe drag over a pretty sturdy box or table to hold the food on and I guess. . ." He shrugged slyly before continuing on. "Snuggle up and enjoy the movie, right?" It hadn't been a secret that Remi didn't know the concept of personal space with him since their first meeting and he had actually never took the attempt to try and change it, not wanting her to feel as if she couldn't be herself around him. 

Travis affirming that his offers to help her would always been sincere made Remi smile, though it was more too herself as she unpacked a few of the boxes in front of her. It felt good to know that she had made a friend who was genuine in the way they dealt with her. She had been told so many times that people outside the community was dishonest folk who were always out for number one. Travis had been a lesson that a lot of what had been told to her at the Ranch was not fully true.  She had other friends from Tally and work that had also proven some of these beliefs were false, others had proven them right.

Then again, Travis was also one of the two that knew about her past and had not actually turned around and walked away. Remi wouldn’t have blamed either of those that she’d confessed too if they had decided being friends with her was something akin to hard work.

“And I will always say thank you when you do help and help you in return, if you ever have anything that requires my help.” she wasn’t bad at potions and had, on more than one occasion, thought about offering to brew him up some wolfsbane. The offer had never made it from her brain into words based on the simple fact there were more experienced potioneers within the school that could make a much safer and more effective version.

She laughed at his response to her wanting pineapple on half of the pizza they were going to order “Well I will be able to join in the debate after I’ve tried it.” she said with a grin over her shoulder “It’ll help me get to know my new neighbours and learn something new about this big crazy new world I’m in.” she heard his snicker at what she said and his response made her pause in what she was doing, which was reaching up to place a newly acquired statue on one of the shelves on the living room wall.

“No need to be gentle, the rougher the better.” she replied turning to place the statue where she wanted it. Turning back towards Travis when she felt it was in the perfect place, a smile on her lips as she clapped her hands together.

“Snuggling up for a movie sounds like the perfect end to this day. The money for the food is on the kitchen counter. Do you mind ordering? I still don’t really get that right, I think I don’t give them enough money at times.” once he either agreed or disagreed with this, she turned and walked over to one of the side doors and unlocked the large dog door, that door was one of the main reasons she’d gone for this particular home.

There'd been enjoyment in hanging out with Remi, he couldn't say that it had been any kind of displeasure. Seeing the kind of expression she held when experiencing different things had been one of the many highlights of hanging out with her. The other, aside from getting to know her as the person she'd been growing as from all the sudden surge of knowledge, had been to be able to help her out in getting her feet on the ground. Everyone deserved that chance, to grow as a person, to expand on their own ideals and beliefs. In a world where people tried to force that influence it grew even more important to make those distinctions for the self. 

"Oh, you don't need to worry about me too much, Rem. I'm a strong kind of a guy." He tried to offer a firm and confident smile, despite the fact that he knew it'd been a lie within himself. There were a lot of things beyond him especially that which had been attached to his life one way or another. "But I'll keep in mind, never know when someone will need that kind of a help." It would've been far more rude and insensitive to turn away the offer of help she extended out, something that took far more courage in his opinion considering her situation and background. Trust and placing it in others when coming from a place of misinformation and lies had been a strength in the young woman. 

A smooth nod flowed from him. "It's definitely the way to start making friends." Or enemies if people had taken such a thing far too seriously. He matched her own grin which had eventually broken with low toned laughter. "Haven't gotten to meeting your neighbor's yet? I'm sure they'll noticed you though, you're hard to miss." While she didn't seem like she oozed confidence in her looks he found her to be a head turner in all the right ways. 

Travis' eyebrow piqued upwards as he started to walk over behind her, hands pressed at her waist as a charming smile stretched across his face. "If you keep up that talk, Remi, we're going to end up doing far more than just snuggling in your bed. . .  I'm the violent sort of werewolf, I'm far more frisky." At the very least he felt he needed to warn her of his chosen activities. While he'd been subject to easy irritation, annoyance, and other emotions that could cause someone to fly off the handle as an angry madman, what had been his true Achille's heel? The desire of a kind of lust, the sexual hormones and need ended up being ramped up dramatically for himself and Remi had been someone that hadn't escaped his wandering gaze since he meter. "Unless that's what you want." He spoke in a flirtatious tone before backing away from her. 

"I don't mind ordering at all. Oh, you don't need to pay for it, Remi. Save it, you know, for groceries and all that. I'll cover this food grab." She'd already went through the paces of paying for a new place, not to mention the few amenities she might need to keep it up and running. He went through his phone, instead of making the call specifically he opted to use an application that handled third-party order and deliveries. "You must be pretty psyched to have such a large doggy door.

Sign in to follow this