Cbox
Guest enabled! No advertising, and be nice! Not much happening here? Check out our Discord!
Welcome to Tallygarunga, an original roleplay set in the Harry Potter universe. Set in present-day Australia, tensions are high between the Ministry of Magic and the only Ministry-run wizarding school in the country. Become like the other snooty private schools? Not a chance.

Originally established in August 2006, Tallygarunga prides itself on an inclusive and active community. Once part of the Tally family, always part of the Tally family. Whether you're here for the first time, the thousandth time, or returning after a long time---welcome home.
Staff
Sadrienne
Founder
LilyCat
Admin
Kaitore
Sturt
Flinders
Spencer
Bourke
Tallygarunga
a non-canon au potterverse roleplay
October, 2019 :: Spring

Sturt ☆ Sixth Year ☆ School & Sturt Quidditch Team Captain, Chaser & Dueling Club Captain✩ Kirupachi
16 year old Halfblood Human ☆ She/Her

@Tecri @Aspen Clarke

"Hm?" Lisa was visibly caught off guard by the sudden, more personal question - not that it was a personal question to begin with, but the Sturt was simply not used to having to reply to questions about herself in a more honest, friendly manner. She always brought out the snark. It wasn't of anyone's business. But with Aspen, she didn't want to do that. She was a friend, even if not that close of one. She deserved a little courtesy.

"I have a brother." She said with a small nod. "He's in his twenties. We don't talk much." It wasn't his fault - Lisa obstinately tried to pull away from the man at every chance she got. She didn't want to burden him further. The earlier she could leave him and his life be, the better.

Professor Head of Sturt ☆ Wandless Magic Professor✩ Tecri
29 year old Pureblood Human ☆ She/Her/Hers

@Kirupachi @Evelyn McCarthy-Parsons

That was an interesting piece of information, she knew what Eve was, but she didn’t know the blonde was a pyrokinetic, but she should have guessed, considering everything. The information only made Andy smiled playfully at her companion before looking down to see that the children were entertained. “I personally have a special connection to ice, ever since I was little, I could freeze things…” Andrea spoke, entertained about the situation.

“But I have to admit one thing, I don’t mind when situations get...burning hot.” she spoke as she looked at Evelyn with a wink. “The kids are entertained, I don’t see why us, the adults can’t have some fun of our own.” Andy said staring at the blond before staring at the doors to the room they came from. “I won’t tell if you won’t.”

Bourke ☆ Seventh Year ☆ Student, Quidditch Chaser, Paper Girl✩ Tecri
17 year old Halfblood Human ☆ she/her

@Kirupachi @Lisa Knotley

Aspen waited for Lisa to answer her question, if she didn’t want to Aspen didn’t mind, it didn’t really bother her not knowing, at least not for now, she will probably take an interest again sometime in the future. “So, you’re the younger child.” Aspen smiled. “I’m the eldest…” she spoke, remembering every time she had not only to be the eldest sister but also the mother all her siblings, even if she wished that their mother was still alive, she cherished most of those moments.

“I have another younger brother; his name is Justice. What’s your brother name?” Aspen looked at Lisa for a brief moment. “You have to tell me if you don’t want to though, sometimes is hard especially if you don’t talk to him much.” Aspen didn’t talk about Vivian, she isn’t even sure if her sister is alive, even if she wants to believe that, but the pain is just too much to bear.

Ministry ☆ Corrupt Auror, Socialite✩ Kirupachi
29 year old Halfbreed Veela ☆ She/Her

@Tecri @Andrea Riverpond

Fire and ice, or so it seemed. What an interesting little dynamic - the pair was at complete opposite sides of the spectrum when it came such a thing, yet sparks flew between them. Could it be considered a simple case of opposites attracting? The thought amused Evelyn, but she was quickly brought out of such a line of thinking when Andrea decided to pursue her in a more flirtatious manner, much to the blonde's surprise.

"You bring up a valid point." She commented as she finished her drink, glancing over at the three quarters full pitcher sitting upon a surface near the two. It seemed the beverage wasn't nearly enough to appease the Professor's apparent thirst and more drastic measures had to be taken. Had the mild tease earlier worked so well that she unwittingly made her friend desire that type of fun?

And at the end of the day, who was she to say no?

Her gaze followed Andrea's to the windows of her office. She'd have to permeate the room with a muting spell, lock the window from the inside, and obscure it from view... Nothing the two couldn't handle in the blink of an eye. "In that case, lead the way."

Sturt ☆ Sixth Year ☆ School & Sturt Quidditch Team Captain, Chaser & Dueling Club Captain✩ Kirupachi

@Tecri @Aspen Clarke

Lisa would be lying if she said different sibling dynamics comparing to each other wasn't minimally interesting in her eyes. Aspen, being the oldest, was very close to at least MJ, to her knowledge; Lisa, the youngest, couldn't even bring herself to face her brother. Invariably, blood bonds meant different things to each person. Sometimes she couldn't help but think if that made her a bad person.

"...Edward." She spoke after a moment's hesitation. She called him 'Eddie', from habit, in the few times they did meet. "It's not difficult. He's just not in my life much at all outside of kinship, that's all. It was my choice." She realized how cold that sounded, or how badly that could reflect on the man. But given how little she knew about him to begin with, there was always the chance any poor assumption would be correct.

Professor Head of Sturt ☆ Wandless Magic Professor✩ Tecri
29 year old Pureblood Human ☆ She/Her/Hers

@Kirupachi @Evelyn McCarthy-Parsons

Just as Andrea expected Evelyn wasn’t going to decline her proposal. The brunette enjoyed their little encounters, they weren’t just amusing but overall fascinating, who knew she would love fire so much? Andrea winked at Evelyn as she spoke, again, it wasn’t a no.

Andrea looked at the kids and then looked at Evelyn before walking towards the room that had come out from, slowly so that Evelyn could follow her. They could use some magic, it wouldn’t hurt, and no one would see or suspect a thing, especially the students that were too entertained with the water.

@Kirupachi @Lisa Knotley

Aspen smiled when Lisa was willing to share her brother’s name with her. Not everyone could get along with their siblings, or had the opportunity to do so, Aspen was lucky she was able to get along with MJ the way she did, but she also loved her brother Justice and would do anything for him, she would even do everything she could for her sister who had disappeared years ago.

“We’re close in age, MJ and I, it’s easier for us to get along, besides we share a bedroom.” Aspen confessed. Perhaps letting Lisa know it wasn’t entirely a bad thing could. “I suppose sisters are also easier because, we can share everything, even if we have different personalities.” It wasn’t hard, they were the same height, which made things a lot easier.

@Tecri @Aspen Clarke

Admitting it outwardly or not, Lisa was starting to grow somewhat uncomfortable with the topic of the conversation, resenting the fact talking about her brother made a bit of a chink in her armor. The feeling of nostalgia deepened further as she recalled the two people in her life that she had shared a bedroom with - one in Penrose, one in Tallygarunga -, and how awfully both cases had ended. There was an inner feeling of envy that she couldn't erase with Aspen's situation: she had someone that close to her, someone she could talk to so easily without presumably any fear of being judged. Lisa had closed those doors on herself a long time ago, and it was likely that she would never open them again.

"I suppose I can see how that would be, even if I can't really relate. It doesn't hurt to have someone you can rely on." At least, she could understand more why Aspen worried so much about MJ. The younger girl was underestimated from what she had observed in the Dueling Club, but it should be difficult to just up and leave when you shared such a bond with someone, regardless of their ability of handling things at home. It seemed like far more than that. It was quite the change, but at that point it was just conjecture in Lisa's head.

"You worry about her too much." She decided to reassure the Bourke. "I've come to find out recently that she has a bit of a proclivity for pyrotechnics. The Flinders Dueling Team has a new rising star. Maybe being on her own at some point will do her some good."

Having someone to rely on making things easier, someone to talk with, someone to explain one’s darkest fears. Aspen was lucky she had MJ, she had someone to share all those problems, but at the same time, she feared that she was too much of a burden on MJ. Even when she tries to hide things from her sister, is like MJ knows whenever Aspen is lying. “Yeah, we all need someone to understand us I suppose.” Aspen didn’t want to rely on anyone, especially not MJ but her sister had been a constant in her life.

Lisa was right, Aspen did worry too much about her sister, it was impossible not to, but was proud to hear that her sister was doing well in the dueling club. “Oh? I am very pleased to hear that. I’m happy.” Aspen confessed with a proud smile on her lips as Lisa talked about her sister.

“How’s that going for you? The dueling club? I assume it’s going terrific, it was like you were born for it.”

The younger girl's tendency for potency in her spells didn't come with its drawbacks despite all the praise, Lisa thought to herself. If left unchecked, MJ was bound to blow someone's limbs off at some point. Perhaps she should do Aspen the favor of keeping an eye out for the girl? While it didn't benefit the Sturt in any way, she could make the easy assumption that any problem going on with MJ would affect Aspen, which in turn would affect her competence in the Quidditch pitch. All in all, it was ultimately Lisa's job to ensure nothing bad happened.

"What can I say? I've always had a natural predisposition for victory." She had made Captain of her House's team, after all. It came at a great cost, but nobody could take the accomplishment away from her; and it would certainly look pretty in her college application. "To an extent, it's preferable, I don't really have to rely upon others much at all. On the other hand... It's just not the same." Lisa believed she was born for Quidditch instead - but, it was not meant to be. Not anymore.

Sturts and their desire to win…Aspen couldn’t complain, she liked the competition, but what she loved was the thrill of victory and the time she spent with her teammates, probably the time spent with the rest of the team was much sweeter after a victory. Perhaps her and Lisa weren’t so different after all, with their desire for victory, although Aspen usually relies on her natural capacity, except when it came to quidditch, she tried enough to be among the best, but not enough to be better than the others, she was somewhat lazy in that aspect.

“I think team sports are fun, I love to win but I also love being able to spend some time with my teammates.” Aspen smiled at Lisa, perhaps the Sturt was right, she was suited for more solo work, Lisa was a great Quidditch player, but Aspen was sure she was a better duelist.

"That's negligible to me nowadays, although as Captain, it's not something I can just ignore either. Unfortunately." Most teammates were truly a pain in the ass to deal with, and Lisa had never been the most patient person in the world; in fact, she was prone to have spectacular bursts of anger in face of wastes of time.

Aspen, however, was different. "Don't get me wrong. You're the exception here, I wouldn't mind going out for a smoothie or so with you every now and then anyway." She clarified. Was Lisa a workaholic? In every meaning of the word and then some. Was she a masochist? Not exactly. She did need relaxation at times, and she found that the Bourke's company was a reliable supply for it. Rachel wasn't that bad herself either, she could recall having fun batting some balls not too long ago.

"But the vast majority? It's a pain."

Aspen liked most of her teammates, she could get everyone to work equally and no one tried to waste time during practice, the jokes before and after were inevitable but during practice? No one joked, except when they decided to play games instead of an actual session, it was good to keep everyone happy every now and then, it was good for the morale. Aspen wasn’t too fond of those games since some liked to do it more than once a month, but overall it wasn’t a bad experience.

She smiled looked at Lisa when the young Sturt mentioned that she wouldn’t mind going out for a smoothie with Aspen. “You’re always welcomed to come,” Aspen said flashing a smile at her friend. “Most of my teammates are alright, we have a few that like to joke around but once you hit them with a ball they come to their senses.” Aspen didn’t assault any of her teammates but sometimes she wishes she could, but it was only sometimes.