Cbox
Guest enabled! No advertising, and be nice! Not much happening here? Check out our Discord!
Welcome to Tallygarunga, an original roleplay set in the Harry Potter universe. Set in present-day Australia, tensions are high between the Ministry of Magic and the only Ministry-run wizarding school in the country. Become like the other snooty private schools? Not a chance.

Originally established in August 2006, Tallygarunga prides itself on an inclusive and active community. Once part of the Tally family, always part of the Tally family. Whether you're here for the first time, the thousandth time, or returning after a long time---welcome home.
Staff
Sadrienne
Founder
LilyCat
Admin
Kaitore
Sturt
Flinders
Spencer
Bourke
Tallygarunga
a non-canon au potterverse roleplay
November, 2019 :: Spring

Ministry ☆ Corrupt Auror, Socialite✩ Kirupachi
29 year old Halfbreed Veela ☆ She/Her

@Tecri @Andrea Riverpond

"Leaving it up to me? Does the company please you so that you don't mind where you are?" Evelyn couldn't help but toss in the harmless tease, before letting herself chuckle for a moment in good humor. "Shall we just take the pitcher along then?" She didn't wait for a proper reply to retrieve the same iced tea container that she had used on both glasses. It seemed like a good idea, lest one of them be in the mood to jog up and down the stairs repeatedly for the sake of refilling their cups. She proceeded to motion along with her head for Andrea to follow. "Come on. Upstairs it is."

The half-Veela made her way out the kitchen and up the stairs of her manor. She decided to get to the balcony area through her private office due to it being against the rightmost wall of the dwelling, giving that area a full view of the events happening below. "Ah, my apologies, could you hold this for me for a moment?" She held the iced tea pitcher up once they had arrived at the locked door of the room. Once one of her hands were free, she cast a spell without a wand or incantation to open it. To most people it would've seemed like your plain old Alohomora spell, but the door had been jinxed; she couldn't risk asking her friend perform the spell and get injured due to not being someone with the Parsons name.

Moving into the room, she closed the door, and jinxed it all the same. It wasn't her intention to lock the woman in so much as keep her workplace safe from rowdy teenagers, and she knew Andrea had enough common sense to not go snooping around in an Auror's house. While the room was in line with the rest of the house in terms of presentation, it was certainly an odd thing that it had no portraits or photographs of Seth McCarthy; rather, it was all about herself, her husband, and her daughter. She opted not to draw too much attention for her choice of decor, immediately leading Andrea out to the balcony.

"Here we are." She announced, retrieving the pitcher. She could see her cousins playing in the pool, which in turn brought a genuine smile to her lips. While pool parties weren't exactly her thing, she couldn't help but wish she had had the opportunity to participate in such events when she was their age.

Sturt ☆ Sixth Year ☆ School & Sturt Quidditch Team Captain, Chaser & Dueling Club Captain✩ Kirupachi
17 year old Halfblood Human ☆ She/Her

@Tecri @Aspen Clarke

"They'd better appreciate it." Lisa retorted as she let her body fully relax against the chair. She was so beaten up on a regular basis that such an experience felt quite alien to her; one that she appreciated nonetheless, despite her addiction to work. It was refreshing enough for a noiseless sigh to escape her lips with the relief - past times when she tried to get some sleep, it was rare when she could actually notice when her muscles were so knotted up and tense. Was the overworking finally taking its toll?

"But in any case, it looks like I made the right call to go to you for advice." She couldn't believe it that she was actually admitting such a moment of weakness out loud. Her eyelids momentarily pressed down much harder than they were supposed to with the agonizing thought before she relaxed once more. "So, thank you. I may not be their friend proper, but I think I can say I'm yours." They had done that little milkshake and hangout game for a solid year at that point. Even if they didn't see eye to eye on every matter, it was a safe assumption to make, or so Lisa thought. Plus, it did help that Aspen was one hell of a Chaser, even if they spent most time against each other than anything else - it certainly appealed to her own elitism.

Spencer ☆ Fifth Year ✩ Kirupachi
16 year old Halfblood Human ☆ She/Her

@Tecri @Maxine Williams

Reaching the surface of the water after a few seconds, Laurie roughly shook her head to get the excess water off her eyes, and moved her hair out of the way before concentrating in the simple task of floating - of course, she was promptly splashed in the face by Max's second entry into the pool, which made her laugh. She could hear another redhead near them complain about it, but didn't really care and waited for the fellow Spencer to surface.

"Me? Miss Durmstrang? Don't be too high while you swim, you know. The weather sucks here though, I'll give it that." She confessed as her gaze followed her roommate, whom was presently swimming around to her heart's content. "I used to have harsh Winters, and now I'm dying here. I'm gonna go out on a limb and bet our Summer temperatures were like your Winter ones." She'd probably be able to run around in a T-shirt when the time came, which would be pretty funny in her opinion. "Now I just feel like I'm melting."

Professor Head of Sturt ☆ Wandless Magic Professor✩ Tecri
29 year old Pureblood Human ☆ She/Her/Hers

@Kirupachi @Evelyn McCarthy-Parsons

“I always prefer your company. Andy said looking at Evelyn. She tried not to call attention to them as it wasn’t what they intended to do, but by then Andy was finding this whole thing pretty ironic and amusing, the idea of having kids in the house but and having them do whatever, was a rather exciting experience.

Andy followed Evelyn quietly, always paying attention to the kids until they were out of sight. Andy picked Evelyn’s so that she could open the door. She continued to watch Evelyn as she cast a spell on the door to open it, Andy didn’t even comment, she just watched as Evelyn worked her magic. “I like that.” She finally said with a cheeky smile.

Following Evelyn inside Andy watched the room carefully studying it, seemed like a woman who likes her job and her family, nothing weird for Andy to point out. She handed the pitcher back to Evelyn with a smile. “Indeed, we are. What’s next on your list?” Andy asked winking at Evelyn.

Bourke ☆ Seventh Year ☆ Student, Quidditch Chaser, Paper Girl✩ Tecri
17 year old Halfblood Human ☆ she/her

@Kirupachi @Lisa Knotley

Aspen was sure everyone appreciated Lisa showing up, it was a surprise, an exceptional one. “They are Lisa, don’t worry.” Aspen reassured the other girl. She knew it couldn’t be easy for Lisa to do all that.

She looked at Lisa surprised, admitting that she was wrong? Who was that Lisa? Had she been abducted by aliens and swapped? It was all so suspicious until she finally spoke. “I appreciate it Lisa, thank you.” Aspen’s comment was honest, she appreciated that Lisa thought her as a friend, it was a lot easier to play or to even function as a team if everyone was friendly, it was an idea even if hard to put into practice.

“Perhaps we can hang out, just us to alleviate from the pressure, what do you say?” Aspen proposed as she watched Lisa. Aspen smiled as she watched her teammate, somehow, she felt weirdly drawn towards the Sturt.

Spencer ☆ Seventh Year ☆ Student✩ Tecri
17 year old Muggleborn Human ☆ she/her

@Kirupachi @Laurie Kempf

“Australia’s weather might not the best I give you that, but I believe it’s better than whatever school you were in.” Max mentioned with a cheeky smile. She continued to swim as she heard Laurie mentioning Winters. Max wasn’t exactly keen on winter but then again, she had never experienced a Winter as Laurie did.

“Our Winter temperatures may vary, sometimes there are mild Winters, but since I never experienced anything that could freeze me to death, I can’t compare the two.” Max said. The temperatures in Australia could vary, sometimes they had freezing winters and sometimes they had enjoyable ones, the summer, however, was always hot. She dove to the bottom of the pool and did a handstand, her feet could be seen out of the water.

It only took a few seconds for her to get back to the surface again. “I bet the water feels really nice doesn’t it?” Max asked splashing water on Laurie’s face.

@Tecri @Andrea Riverpond

"On my list?" The half-Veela took a sip of her drink before placing the pitcher down on a nearby surface, enchanting it to remain at a nice cold temperature with her free hand before going back to the railing of the area. She leaned on it, looking down, forearms resting against the top of the wall separating them from a free fall to the backyard area just below them. She watched the teenagers with interest, her gaze not fixating on anyone in particular.

"I'd say, up next is enjoying the pleasant weather and company, wouldn't you say?" She did enjoy the sun's extreme heat as it threatened to boil everyone's skin away - her ancestry made it so she was at her most comfortable during such times. The blonde smiled at her friend. "Unless you have other ideas, of course." So long as it didn't involve actually joining the teens in their activities.

Sturt ☆ Sixth Year ☆ School & Sturt Quidditch Team Captain, Chaser & Dueling Club Captain✩ Kirupachi

@Tecri @Aspen Clarke

"Hm?" Opening an eye in confusion, Lisa glanced over at Aspen without so much as turning her head, only to spot the fellow blonde's gaze on her. Right, they were discussing something. On the one hand it was rude not to pay her the same courtesy, but on the other hand she was tanning and relaxing. Then again, a little compromise could be reached, and she didn't look away.

"We've been doing that for the better part of a year now." She spoke with bewilderment. What had she meant? Hell, she was only ever hanging out with the team because she went out with the girl post training session on several different occasions. "You mean more often? Not related to training?" That was probably it. Removing Quidditch as a topic altogether was likely the goal, and perhaps it wasn't such a bad idea, although she couldn't figure out why Aspen wanted to do that with Lisa of all people. Did she have a death wish?

"I suppose we could. No harm done. Shouldn't you be preparing yourself for your STINGRAY exams instead though?"

@Tecri @Maxine Williams

Laurie watched as Max dove underwater, and a few seconds after two legs were sticking out of the surface. She chuckled at the thought of tickling the girl's feet in that position but ultimately decided not to for her own safety. The last thing the owner of the house needed was for the pool to turn red with Laurie's blood after a swift, reflexive kick to the face.

"It does, but I'm more of a 'harsh Winter' or 'snow' kind of person. Sun makes me melt. I'm scared of leaving the pool actually." It wasn't like she was old enough to perform magic to cool herself down outside of Tallygarunga - and they'd have to walk all the way back unless they somehow hitched an Apparition ride from someone present, which was unlikely. The school wasn't exactly close either, it was a bit of a walk. She wasn't at all looking forward to that...

"You need to go to Germany during Winter next year. The snow's pretty fun to play around in. After the school year, maybe?"

Andrea watched the woman with a smile, somehow, she was quite alluring this day, perhaps it was the sun, but Andy felt that there was something special about it. Andy took a sip of her drink but didn’t follow Evelyn to the railing.

“I have to admit that the company is pleasant, the weather is not.” Andy said. One would assume that she would be able to survive in such a place, after traveling to places that were warm and with high temperatures, however, those weathers were something Andy disliked, the extreme heat didn’t go well with her, she prefers the cold.

“I do have other ideas, unfortunately, we should watch over the kids.” Only now she approached Evelyn near the railing. “But I also don’t think they’ll get themselves into trouble, after all, they are behaving.” she commented watching the kids. They didn’t seem to be bad kids, just a bit rowdy except for a few of them that seemed to be enjoying the moment.

@Kirupachi  @Lisa Knotley

Aspen laughed. ”Yeah, not related to training.” she said, but it seemed that Lisa had already figured it out, Aspen shouldn’t be too surprised, Lisa wasn’t known for being stupid. Aspen watched her fellow student, everything seemed to be going well, Lisa wasn’t as unapproachable as everyone thought she was, perhaps no one really took their time?

“I do, but I have a feeling I will be able to pass them, as usual.” she said with a certain confidence in her tone. Aspen worked hard for her grades, she worked hard quidditch and she wasn’t going to let it all go to waste, even if she had to spend a couple of nights awake in order to do so.

“I already started, I don’t plan on failing them, I can’t really afford to fail.” she said as she felt the sunlight touch her skin. “I think my only worry is Mary once I’m gone.” MJ was one of the few people Aspen worried, she also worried about Justice and her father, but MJ was different, they were close and the thought of leaving her sister alone was scary.

@Kirupachi @Laurie Kempf

Max didn’t enjoy harsh winters very much, she loved to play in the snow and would love to travel one day, but she liked the time in Australia, even if the sun was too harsh on her skin. “Don’t be dramatic Laurie.” Max commented with a laugh. Perhaps for Laurie, even a normal winter day would be extremely warm for her. “Maybe when Winter actually comes you can see for yourself how hot or warm it is.”

At Laurie’s invitation, Max nodded. “Sure, as long as I don’t freeze to death.” she said with a laugh. “Are the winters that harsh there or are you just messing with me?” Max ask Laurie wondering if her roommate was planning on freezing her to death.

Max looked at Laurie with a smirk on her lips before some water at her companion, throwing water at some of the people that were at the edge of the pool.

@Tecri @Andrea Riverpond

"Well, regardless of any potential idea, mine or yours, your comfort comes first." The blonde spoke prior to taking a sip of her beverage, and shifting her body slightly to face Andrea, as well as maintain an open field of vision of the party happening downstairs. She watched as her two cousins darted out of the water and started to play a game of tag with each other, diving back into the pool on occasion. While Amber had the advantage on solid ground, Samantha's affinity with water gave her the edge in swimming.

"I'm sure we can cool ourselves down without bothering anybody else. Perhaps some sort of spell on the balcony?" Evelyn suggested, not wanting Andrea to have a heatstroke in case she was particularly vulnerable to the unforgiving sun.

@Tecri @Aspen Clarke

A smirk full of amused confidence filled Lisa's lips as Aspen affirmed her intentions of being successful academically, it being of no surprise to her; if anything, it was a point of pride she had when it came to her team. Being quite an elitist, of course she expected Aspen to push herself towards success. Anything less would've been disappointing. "You'd better."

She didn't seem to follow who the Bourke was talking about. "Mary?" She repeated, and it took her a few extra seconds to realize she was talking about her sister - she was so used to the 'MJ' nickname that the girl's given name felt alien to her. What did the J even stand for? "Why?" For a moment, she considered it not being any of her business; but given that Aspen had brought it up herself, it would be her own fault if she felt uncomfortable on being pushed on the matter afterwards. "She gives me the impression she's good at school, is there anything else to worry about?"

@Tecri @Maxine Williams

"Dramatic? Do you realize how much sunscreen I'm wearing right now?" She should, Laurie thought, as Max had helped her cover herself with copious amounts of the protective lotion so she wouldn't burn up when stepping out of the dormitories. Her pastiness sometimes made her feel like she was some sort of Dhampir, and the kind of temperature she was accustomed to didn't help - snowy winters and very mild summers. January had been quite harsh in particular, with the temperatures hitting 40 ºC. She was in Sydney at the time, but she felt like she was melting into her grandparents' house's hardwood floor in a literal sense of the word.

"The place I studied at is in Scandinavia. Outside of Russia, they're kind of known for their winters. It's probably snowing all over the place there as we speak, and it's March already." Below zero temperatures were standard, and from what she's heard, it just wasn't a thing in Melbourne and surrounding areas. "Though, you should be fine there, since everything's pretty much prepared to handle that sort of cold, ya know? And when it comes to clothing, you can always find something else, or enchant it to be warmer. It's the beauty of magic."

Just as she finished speaking, water was thrown at her; she raised her arms on reflex to protect herself whilst hearing someone whom sounded Irish complaining in the background. A smirk mirroring Max's grew on Laurie's lips, and she did the exact same at her. "I'm not going down without a fight."

There was a smile on Andrea’s face as the blonde spoke. Andy disliked that heat, but she was starting to like it a little bit more, especially with the endless possibilities that the day could bring her. She looked down at the party to see what was happening, the kids seemed to be having fun, especially the two Spencers that were playing in the water, they seemed to be both in her class.

The brunette looked at the blonde and smiled as the wave of her hand the air became cooler than it was before, perhaps a bit too cool for Evelyn now. “I hope it’s not too cold, I can always turn it down a bit.” Andrea suggested as she watched Evelyn carefully with a smile on her lips.

Aspen laughed at Lisa’s reaction. Aspen had nothing to worry about, she was sure she was going to ace those exams easily, she had to if she wanted to graduate and be able to play in the team, the more matches she plays the better chance she has into becoming a professional Quidditch player.

She looked over at the other blond when she repeated MJ’s name, but after a while, Lisa seemed to have realized who Aspen was talking about. It was hard for Aspen to explain to Lisa, Aspen didn’t really want to leave her sister alone to take care of everything, it wasn’t going to be fair. Aspen looked at Lisa and took a deep breath. “Well, our mother died when we were kids, I don’t want Mary to be the one doing all the house work.” Her brother and father helped, but the man was usually always working while their brother wasn’t old enough to do certain chores.

“She’s a very good student I don’t want her to fall behind if she has to do the work two people usually do.”

Max laughed at the sight of pale Laurie, she looked like a ghost, but why was she complaining if Max was in the same position as she was? Max couldn’t stay too long under the sun or she would become a human lobster, or she couldn’t even take decent photos because she shines, always having to be covered in other to a photo.

“Should be fine? I swear if I freeze to death, I’m coming back to haunt you.” Max joked. Max didn’t mind the cold as long as it didn’t kill her, but the way Laurie was talking, the cold experienced wherever that goddamn school was seemed to be deadly, Max would rather stay under the sun and become a human Lobster than to freeze to death.

As it seemed Laurie was putting up a fight. As Laurie began doing the same as Max, she dived only to tickle Laurie before swimming away, trying to avoid being caught near feet that could potentially kick her in the face.

@Tecri @Andrea Riverpond

Cold was something Evelyn had never appreciated. She was a creature of heat, fire, and blistering temperatures. The cold made her somewhat comfortable as it presented herself, but it was perhaps for the best the fact that she had a superb amount of control over her own posture and face - she didn't show it one bit, pleasant smile spread across her lips as always as she lied through her teeth.

"It's quite alright." A small sacrifice to make for her friend. It was the curse of the Veela heritage; she could only see herself as lucky to be born in Australia, rather than someplace like Norway. "I take it you're feeling better, my friend. Although, this is quite surprising. I pegged you for being the kind that liked things to get quite heated." She joked, a callback to a few less than proper activities shared by the two as soon as the night before.

@Tecri @Aspen Clarke

The newly acquired information managed to capture Lisa's attention. Her gaze latched onto the Bourke with interest. It seemed that they both lacked a mother - her own had perished when she was naught but a toddler, over Dragon Pox. Truth be told, if it weren't for the pictures she saw around the house as a little kid, she would've had no idea how the woman looked like. Hell, she didn't know what she did for a living, or anything about her personality. Although, from the way Aspen was talking about things, Lisa could infer things had gone very differently for the two despite the similar origins.

"It shouldn't be that bad." The Sturt countered. "You're turning seventeen sometime soon, right? You'll be able to just perform magic to do your house chores, and teach her a few tricks by the time you leave." Another conclusion she was able to take was that her father was a Muggle - Aspen wouldn't have such an issue if the man could perform magic. "Besides, you can always visit, right? It's not gonna be the end of the world when you're gone."

The irony of her own words wasn't lost to her, and she barely suppressed a bitter chuckle at her own hypocrisy.

"So you'll hatch onto me instead of a location? And they say I'm the pervert." Laurie joked, making herself chuckle. She shook her head to make herself snap out of it, but was hit by water right to the face; as the redhead took off, the younger Spencer gave chase in the water in order to catch up and enact some payback. Truly a difficult endeavor, as she wasn't half as physically gifted as her friend.

Andy played a bit with the temperature, but when Evelyn spoke, she could see something was not alright, besides, someone used to Australia wouldn’t enjoy the cold, Andy, on the other hand, disliked hot places, places where a person would melt. “Come on, I know you’re not fond of it.” Andy said with a wink, removing the cold from the balcony and only fixating on herself. “It’s alright, I know how you Australians like your high temperatures.” She smiled at the blond before winking at her. “Ah indeed, but depends on the thing, there’s one I am very fond of.”

Finishing the rest of her drink Andy looked over at the pool before turning her attention completely on Evelyn. “I am surprised, always lived in warm places, except for Scotland, and yet I don’t like warm places, situations, however, are entirely different.” Andy spoke as her tongue touched her upper lip and her smile grew.

@Kirupachi @Lisa Knotley

Life without a mother was hard on Aspen and MJ, but she was sure Justice felt the same way. She looked over at Lisa when she spoke. Perhaps it wasn’t that bad after all Aspen was turning seventeen on April and then things would get easier around the house as she could start using magic, but when she goes MJ would have to do everything by herself.

“Yeah I’ll visit, I mean I will try to visit as much as I can, but you know it’s always complicated.” Perhaps Lisa didn’t know, perhaps she did, Aspen didn’t know much about Lisa’s life, she always assumed Lisa was an only child but wasn’t sure about her parents, they probably lived some other place, which was why Lisa had a dorm room. “What about you? Got any siblings?”

@Kirupachi @Laurie Kempf

“I’ll wear you like a blanket!” Max shouted as she continued to swim underwater, eventually touching her friend’s legs as a form of torment, perhaps more a playful joke to make Laurie swim after her. Max was grateful for her speed because she had a feeling that if Laurie caught her, Laurie would be the one having fun tormenting her. For the time being the two just continued to play in the water. 

@Tecri @Andrea Riverpond

A knowing smile spread across Evelyn's lips as her little tease had its intended outcome, but she opted not to pursue it further. Given their current situation and how many people were just a few heads below them, they could never be too safe on what could potentially be picked up by wandering ears.

"I suppose it's just in the nature of my species." The blonde decided to take the ball to her own court to keep conversation going smoothly. "I'm very fond of heat, and I'm pyrokinetic. I've set my hand on fire before and I didn't get burned." Holding out her free hand away from the other so not to melt the ice left in the glass it was holding, she glanced over at it as fire seemingly formed out of thin air, enveloping it, flames licking the skin without leaving so much of a mark. "Like so." And just like that, it was gone.

"Heated places or situations, it's what I feel at home with."