Cbox
Guest enabled! No advertising, and be nice! Not much happening here? Check out our Discord!
Welcome to Tallygarunga, an original roleplay set in the Harry Potter universe. Set in present-day Australia, tensions are high between the Ministry of Magic and the only Ministry-run wizarding school in the country. Become like the other snooty private schools? Not a chance.

Originally established in August 2006, Tallygarunga prides itself on an inclusive and active community. Once part of the Tally family, always part of the Tally family. Whether you're here for the first time, the thousandth time, or returning after a long time---welcome home.
Staff
Sadrienne
Founder
LilyCat
Admin
Kaitore
Sturt
Flinders
Spencer
Bourke
Tallygarunga
a non-canon au potterverse roleplay
December, 2019 :: Summer

All the Bonds that you can Muster

Friends Guest

I have never and will probably never be good at templates and all that jazz. Just seems like a lot of work. But I'm even worse at Open threads. So we're gonna give this a shot. Consider this the one for all characters. I hope to have more than one at some point. But for now...

Valerie Longhurst

This is Valerie. She's my first. Kid sister to one Aiden Longhurst. She's a lovely soul who is generally optimistic and likes making friends. In fact, she's darn good at it. There are some darker issues inside her heart that she doesn't really speak of. It's bound to come out nice and gradual the more you get to know her though. Most of my plot ideas are in her profile. But here's a tinier summary.

Friends: Easy one. She likes making friends. May or may not get a little overly attached if one isn't careful though.

Enemies: Val doesn't recall ever making an enemy. The idea is a shock. Mostly, she avoids conflict if she can. But corner her and who knows what'll happen...

Romance: Innocent little butterfly. That's what she is. Has an overprotective who is probably to blame for most of that but still. She's barely even played with a crush before. I see things being very gradual because well... she wouldn't know how to handle fast paced. Might make her freak out.

✩ Moddies ✩ Kaitore

Heya! Time to crack open a few eggs! 

Starter ups!: 

Given her age, I imagine Valerie started school @Tyson McKennis final year. Though difference in years didn't halt his hand from offering a Mentor's aid and assistance to the various members of his house. Whether it's help in the academic arena or dealing with the typical teen life issues. He looked at the Bourke House and every member that walked in as a younger sibling and took the initiative whenever the chance came for him to do so. If there had ever been a time Valerie looked dejected or had some visible issue, he'd have easily offered his help along with occasionally checking up and making sure that she'd been managing her classes and making friends well enough. 

Another Bourke and probably the more troublesome one of them that I hold is @Travis Franklin , He is in his Seventh Year now and is known to be too much of a flirt for his own health. (Not that he cares about his health too much in that regard!), but in Valerie's case it'd lean towards a friendlier manner. If Tyson could be considered the Guardian type of individual, Travis would be the guy who helps to break the yoke and have a bit of fun. The typical kind of things such as watergun fights or trying to start up some kind of movie night with a few of the fellow House members around. (And some that probably shouldn't be snuck into the House quarters.) Despite his friendly nature, his dark past and unforgiven heart causes him to keep others at a clear arms length at a certain point. I can see the potential for him to help her with the darker issues to avoid the kind of path he walks himself. 

I'm going to toss @Alexander Winfield in here too, He arrived in Tally for the 2018 School year it's been a not-well-kept-secret that he's somehow Adele's younger brother. (Not like anyone would be able to tell, They're practically night and day in attitude!) This also makes him slightly connected to the Longhurst's in the way that Lorelei and Lauren are his niece's, Lorelei whose a friend of Aiden's and Lauren whose the daughter of Alan (Which if I remember the family tree, Makes her Valerie and Aiden's cousin.)  He's the guy with a Musician's heart and is often somehow found in the center of some form of shindig or even a sudden concert depending on his mood. It is hardly ever strange that he'd make a scene of it on Tallygarunga grounds out in the open just for the fun of it and the enjoyment of the crowds awe. He's also quite friendly and has no issues reaching out to a person no matter what their background would be, everyone is a person in his sight. Alex considers his optimism more of a hope with the intent that everything could work out, maybe not as how one would expect but that there'd always be the chance. 

I'm sure more ideas will come to me when I sort out various scenarios my characters can encounter Valerie in! 

Repository ☆ Second Year Guest
12 year old Halfblood Human ☆ She, Her, Etc

I appreciate the replies. Sorry the lateness. I'm still having trouble getting a rhythm going.

All of your suggestions sound nice.

For immediate thread action, I say Travis is a good shot. Valerie would like his fun loving spirit. Plus she's likely very oblivious to flirtation. It'd be amusing to have her just innocently take his compliments and not much else.

Hit me up and we can figure out the setting and all.

✩ Moddies ✩ Kaitore

Hahaha, It's fine if she's oblivious. I don't think he'd flirt with her due to the gap in their age but that doesn't mean there can't be innocent fun and adventures which he's always in for hopping on to.