Spencer ☆ Sixth Year ☆ Guitarist/Vocalist - Local School Hero!✩ Kaitore
19 year old Halfbreed Sorceraic ☆ HE/HIM

"Hahahaha, I like that one." He was amused at her phrase, almost as if she were avoiding saying any form of curse word. He'll need to try doing that in the future a good old 'Sentence Enhancer'. 

"Just for me!? Gosh. . . I feel even more important now. I'll have to wear my 'I Heart Iris' shirt around. Embarrassing for you, sure, but everyone will need to know how deep my devotion to my idol would go!" Alexander gave a gentle grin her way, not that he'd go THAT far, at least he doesn't think he would have. He actually never had the chance to see his own actual idol play live and in person so that was still up for debate until he came face to face with the woman. "Well, I do have an idea to help with that a bit. We don't have to start with video we can just do voice recording. If people can't see you then a lot of the pressure is surprisingly off, right? That means you get to see how many adoring fans your lovely vocals gather up!" It was still an idea of nervousness that someone would hear but at least it didn't have the added effect of someone staring you down. 

The way she went on about Borodin made a smile shift on his face, there it was, that spark of passion and admiration. A driving force in her that could potentially push her further towards music if she grasped onto it tight enough. "Then maybe you can sit me down and have me hear a few of his things? I expose you to my world, you expose me to yours. Sounds like an equal friendship, right?" It was a way to not only enlighten himself on the artist, Borodin's, style but also just to see what called a pool of excitement in Iris.

Alex turned about face as Iris had chased him back towards the row of rocks, his hands extended out to help assist her climbing back on top while holding his grip tightly at the forearm to make sure she was balanced. "A winged horse?! Well okay, okay, I guess we can both be on winged horses when we soar high." He began to sit next to her and pressed his hands on top of his knees. "So tell me more about Alexander Borodin, how did he strike such a love for his art in you?"

Flinders ☆ Fifth Year ☆ Student✩ Shell
15 year old Halfblood Human ☆ She/Her

"Good, right?  I'm not real big on swaering but pretenidng like I am is like living on the edge."

He went on about a shirt, and devotion and she couldn't help the snort that came out as her face scrunched up--she didn't believe him for a minute.  "Yeah, well what else am I supposed to do for someone who's going to help me try different styles til something clicks?  Besides, my embarrassment would only be very mild.  Nothing like a friend's support."

She perked at his idea.  Her mouth slightly agape as her eyes looked toward the side while she considered.  "That...actually doesn't sound too bad.  I won't feel like I have a million pairs of eyes just staring at me."

He gave her another offer she couldn't quite refuse.  "All right, yeah, we can do that.  Get me into your groove and I'll beat you over the head with the classics.  Hope you can keep up.  Most people...they tend to fall asleep."  She whispered the last sentence as she scrunched her nose and grinned.

Taking his hand to help her up and steady, she looked back down and sighed, then held her arms out and tilted her head back.  He then asked her a question that had her looking down at him, arching an eyebrow.  "A what?"  Had she heard him right? "I don't know most of his stuff, honestly.  But it' s really famous.  I just can't believe someone could be so good at so many different things."  She shrugged.  

"Most of what he composed wasn't made for my instrument, but my parents would sometimes play it.  It's so beautiful."  She stopped, thinking.  "There is one piece though--In the Steppes of Central Asia.  I hear it, and I can see myself in different places, like the forests and jungles of the Asian continent, trepid and excited my way through...I can feel the water nearby, the ground beneath my feet, a bird soaring over head.  It's just... so moving, you know?"  She looked over to him, to see if he did.

"Ha! Gives you that rush, the sudden feeling that pushes through you like your hair in the wind, does it?" He could respect that kind of aspect especially if one wanted to avoid the more vulgar phrases and add a bit of a spin to make it friendly and funny at the same time. Could turn a bad situation into one that is somewhat humorous at the time it was used. 

"Oh, you shouldn't have said that~. Now I actually have to make a shirt and anytime you do a violin recital I'll sit right in the front row wearing it along with a massive smile." There where very few things he wouldn't do just for the sake of being daring, just for the sake of being utterly spontaneous and that was something on his list that he would be all for doing especially just to support a friend and make a nervous time seem less like it needed to be one. 

"That's pretty much the plan. Not only does it give you time to get used to people just listening at first but you won't need the pressure of the eyes burning through to you. I know how nerve wracking that can be, heck, it still happens to me every now and then when people watch me. Something that never really goes away but when you can finally turn that into thrills? Everything seems to become so much more entertaining and moving." The moment where a musician conquered the demon of nervousness was the time the show truly started to burst outwards to the audience to the point that they could feel the energy and emotions pouring out from the performance. As her grin shined his way a smirk pressed onto his lips. "Oho, don't you worry. I won't fall asleep at all. I'll even bring a notepad, a pen, and be ready to take up some rally good notes you won't -even- believe. Hopefully it'd be better than 'This dude did his thang with the keyboards'. But a step at a time.

His smile grow to a soft playful presence and then took to listening closely to Iris as she explained a bit of the question he had asked about the composer. "I think I kind of get what you mean, like it takes you to a higher place just by imagery of the music. You can hear the title in the notes itself even if it doesn't have any words to it." He hummed softly and then started to shake his head a bit. "I haven't heard it before but I wouldn't mind being introduced to it sometime whenever we have that moment to do so."

"Something like tha, yeah."

She laughed when he proposed actually making a shirt and wearing it to her recitals.  "You know, the funny thing is, violin recitals don't unnerve me at all.  It's just...the singing for some reaosn.  Or giving a presentation in class." She rubbed the back of her neck as she sheepishly kicked her foot.  "It's like the wrong kind of oral fixation.  Open my mouth and it's just all blaaaaaahhhhhhh i can't do thisssss."  She paused, then added  "Not that I would appreciate it any less."

She listened to his words of wisdom. "Wait, you, mister i'll jump in and sing whenever I feel like, get nervous?  That's rich."  She gave him a look of mild disbelief.  But if it could turn from anxiety into something thrilling, then he must have.  Hmm.  Maybe that's how everyone did it--just refocused it.

She laughed again.  "Did his thang, huh?"  She threw in an American accent as she said the word.  "I don't know what sorts of notes you'll be able to take, but be my guest."  She could.  She could translate it into notes, into little changes, could translate it musically.  She could also always write of the things she saw when she closed her eyes and listened.  "Oh, that'd make a great blog idea," she said quietly to herself.

"Wow, you so get it!  That's.... how do they say it.  Uh...." she took a moment to think of the phrase.  "That's amazeballs!"  She grinned as she recalled the phrase.  "And you'll totally get the chance sometime if you want.  I live in Narrie so it's not that far.  Maybe I'l even show you the studio sometime."

"Hahaha, I get what you mean with that, honestly. Sometimes it's like I stand up and have -no- idea what to say or what I'm going to say." His head to seemed to lob back and forth for a bit. "Maybe it's just that moment of anticipation that strikes out as shock and. . . Bam! Words cease to work out as well as they should!" In his mind it was some graphical explosion when words and air just seemed to meet shuffling too much in the mind to process much in that heated moment. Sometimes, it could pretty rough knowing eyes are watching and judging so closely. "Then hook me up with the dates of your next recitals and I'll show up each and everytime with a 'WE LOVE IRIS' T-Shirt as my support. I like to make my presence pretty loud some how.

"Swear to Merlin's sparkly stars!" Alexander couldn't help but chuckle. "It's just that all the emotions and thoughts hit me all at once. . . Will I perform at my best? Is Sapphire well tuned? What if the feed starts to get hazed while I am performing or an equipment failure occurs? A lot of this stuff just runs through my mind before I finally set it, the biggest being, will I be heard and reach out towards people." At least he knew that he did when it came to Gerry, an actual listener who seemed to be enamored by his voice. That made him feel good and that he had some kind of talent for this skill of his and maybe. . . Just maybe he could go somewhere with it?

"Oh yeah, definitely. Something tells me he did the thing." He nodded towards Iris as a smile grew firmer on his face. "I like a challenge, I may as well try it at least once, am I right?" Alex gave a gentle shrug as he started to lean back against the rock with the palm of his hands pressed firmly against its surface. "Pfft- Hahahaha, Amazeballs? I like that I'll have to slide that into my everyday speak now. Oh!? Yeah, I'd totally dig going to the studio!" He tapped the edge of his jawline a bit as he nodded in self confirmation. "If all goes well I think I maybe able to get us a quick meet up with a pretty popular celeberity. Er. . . If she doesn't mind when I get to meet her. I think that will be pretty slamming, honestly."

She giggled, nodding her head.  "Yeah, I'll just have to get that info from home. But soon!  Promise!"  She was excited to have a friend attending.  Maybe he'd have a pointer on something?  While classical and other types of music were vastly different, any advice was still advice, and she wanted to see herself from someone else's point of view.

"Merlin's sparkly stars," she repeated with another giggle.  "That's a fantastic one I love it!  I should write that do--oh!"  She dug into her school bag, pulling out a marker and began writing the words on the back of her hand.  Maybe later she'd look down at it, see it, and write it in one of her many, many composition notebooks.

It was something wonderful to hear what went through another musician's head, the worries, the doubts and fears.  She didn't have half of that to worry about [normally].  And at other times?  She was just goofing off with a best friend, being silly with a camcorder.  There was nothing to fear when it came to that.  Just life between friends.

She held out her hand, formed in a fist as she offered it up.  "That's right!  Try everything once.  Otherwise you'll never know what you do and don't like."  Her nose wrinkled as she grinned.  "I thought you would!  It's really cool.  Takes up most of the basement.  Parents are all about keeping up with that--careers and all.  They can record and everything.  I love hanging out in there."

Her mouth fell wide open as mentioned meeting a celebrity.  He..."What?!" she said in absolute astonishment.  

"Awesome!" He had dabbled a bit in classical instruments in terms of knowledge and how they'd play, some he had even used as part of his musical background along with the guitar. But the very idea of classical music in all of its entirety was a slight uniqueness to him and he couldn't help but be excited at the prospect of it all. To actually be able to witness an entirely different genre in terms of playing and be able to partake in it? That was just a thrill like no other for him but that often came when he wanted to experience something that had been music related or aligned. 

"I got a loads of them! I think one of my favorites to say is 'By Morgana's Black Goopy eyes!'. Much more of a mouthful but you will definitely catch people off guard so much that you'll get a nice kick." A grin formed on his face at a few times he had people double take on some of the ways he chose to express himself. He often tried to avoid literal curse words when he could, though sometimes, they were well deserved and slipped up faster than he could filter himself. An eyebrow raised up as she suddenly brought out a writing utensil and something to write within. A though pinged in his mind as he reminded himself that he needed to pick up a notebook and pen himself. "I need to start writing some stuff myself, carry a book with me everywhere I go. Maybe even build a small notebook folder right into Sapphire on the back, that'd be pretty awesome!" A crazy idea but one that could work!

"Sweet! Do I get to visit it in style? I can get like a long bedazzled trench coat, sunglasses that literally read 'Don't Mess' on the glasses. I can get this really powdered smoldering expression going. Then start pronouncing my name as 'Ale-Zander'." He tried to straighten his posture a bit as if he were some major star getting ready for a studio audition or practicing for a platinum CD. An eyebrow arched upwards as he nodded towards her with a side smile. "Yea! I think I can get that to happen! I just have to you know. . . Meet the family first and see how everything manages. I was told she'd really like me so. . Here's to hoping!

His arms arched over to look at his watch a bit as he made a slightly stiff expression of 'Yikes'. "Wooooah! Have we been here that long. . .? Ah, Sugar Bumps. I need to head out. I promised my nephew I'd stop by and see him. Oh, hey, during lunch time we can work out a good time to start working in the studio! Get some good music time in. I have a few folks you might love to meet that are music inclined too. I'll tell you about them when we meet up next."

She grinned.  "One of these days we need to sit down and you need to tell me all of these.  I bet they're spectacular!'  She'd need a new notebook probably.  Merlin's beard!  She always loved an excuse to buy another one to write in, new covers with new designs and color pallettes.   As he gave an idea of where to put one she pointed at him as her mouth parted.  "That's the best idea!  Do it!"

She stuck out her tongue at him and nodded.  "However you wanna look is up to you!  So whatever that style is, go for it--oh, as long as clothes are definitely involved.  I don't want to give my parents a heart attack." she giggled as he explained it.  "That sounds blamtastic."

She jumped off the rock and hopped up and down.  "Well, even if you can't, it's still way cool you're meeting someone!  Either way I wanna know what goes on, okay?  Don't leave me hanging here on my own.  Well, I mean, you could, but I'd prefer not."  After all, it wasn't like they were best friends or anything.

He said he needed to go and she nodded.  "That's cool!  Your nephew definitely needs quality Alex time, right?"  He said talking it over and lunch and she nodded.  "Yes!  Do that!  Uh..." where did she even usually eat lunch?  She wasn't sure.  "Listen...for the violin.  Yeah.  That's a good way to find me.  And I'd love to meet them."  She dipped in a small curtsey and waved.  "Next time then!  Byyyyeee!"  And she darted off toward home.