Flinders ☆ Fifth Year ☆ Student✩ Shell
15 year old Halfblood Human ☆ She/Her

The sun was blasting and hot, as it had been for some time.  This was Iris' least favorite part of the year.  Her pale, fragile skin burned so easy, easily enough, in fact, that she was forced to wear thin, long sleeves and leggings underneath her sundress, and a large, wide-brimmed hat sat upon her head.

The school year had come around once more, and she was already enjoying her term, and the slowly gained freedom that each year brought to her class choices.  In all honesty, despite how poor a student she could be at times, she wanted to try so many different classes, but didn't have the time.  Much to her displeasure, even as she continued to age, unless she was able to get a lid on it and discipline herself,she'd never be able to take all the classes she wanted anyway.

She shrugged and kicked a pebble, watching as it bounced along.  She wasn't about to let that get her down.  She hopped onto a small boulder, walking from it to the next with her arms out for balance as she moved slowly along near the creek.  With her family being as local as it was, she was able to stay at home, returning each day after school's end.  She wondered what the dorm life was like, but also liked that she could keep the comfort of home so long as she wished to.

Her movements slowly added bounce to them as she smiled wide.  "I say we'll go where nobody knows with guns hidden under our petticoats. Now we're never gonna quit it, no, we're never gonna quit it no~"  The blonde sang as she moved.

Spencer ☆ Sixth Year ☆ Guitarist/Vocalist - Local School Hero!✩ Kaitore
19 year old Halfbreed Sorceraic ☆ HE/HIM

This hot day was a doozy and it was a sense of fatigue for the young man as he made his way towards the creek. Even in this drought it seemed to hold a sense of beautiful scenery and the miniature low flow brook still offered up a peaceful flowing sound as the water coursed over rocks and against itself. Maybe he should use the sounds of nature as a form of rhythm backdrop in future videos that he covered?

At any rate it felt good that he could get away from Tallygarunga and the bustle of the inner city to just enjoy the outdoors. This also just seemed like a good place to clear up his mind from everything that had been building up within himself. Somethings just required a bit more effort to get into place when it could plague every bit of ones waking moment.

Just as his hands gripped along his guitar, Sapphire's, neck he could hear the subtle singing in the distance. It seemed this time he was drawn by a siren in the heat of musical throws, though it seemed to be only vocals. "Woah. . . She sounds really good." As he drew closer to the scene trying his best to locate the voice he could see someone that was tall - wait no - she was standing on a line of boulders balancing herself.

This was a song that Alexander knew a bit in terms of chords and started to gently play at first building a crescendo as to not surprise the girl who was singing too much. If she wasn't in such a dangerous situation it'd be different but the last thing he needed to be blamed for was someone smacking their noggin on a rock. Then his own voice slipped out almost as if it were a duet even to the point that he changed up the lyrics on the fly to fit his own view. "Now we run, run away from the girls in the pink, and my car smells like chocolate. Hey now think about what you do, think about what they say, think about how to think. Pause it play it, pause it play it, pause it.~"

She didn't notice anyone else.  Even as the guitar began to play to her singing, it had gone entirely over her head.  Music already played in her mind, and all it did was further blend into it.  She twirled on of the boulders as she sang.  It wasn't until the voice rung out with hers that Iris realized she was not alone near the creek.  She all but jumped out of her skin, losing her balance for a moment, but with her arms already stretched out she was able to regain it.  Her heart beat fast as she looked around.

She found an older looking boy playing his guitar, singing along with her.  Or he had been.  She'd stopped singing entirely, her cheeks flushing with raw embarrassment.  Her hand flew to her chest, feeling the pounding of her heart both against her hand, and from within it, looking like a deer caught in the headlights.  

Her violin, that she'd share with anyone.  Her singing?  That was far more private, something very few people ever go to hear.  She'd never had the confidence in it, not for lack of skill.  More than that, somehow the act of singing made her feel more spotlighted than playing an instrument, and the anxiety that came with the intense focus made her feel nauseous.

She thought she'd been alone out here, and she was wrong.  She tried to swallow the lump in her throat, but it felt like the saliva only went around it instead, straining to make its way down.  "I uh.... g'day?"

The strings that were plucked started to descend in sound until it was entirely silent aside from the wildlife that seemed to lay dormant within the area. His blue eyes glanced upwards towards the blonde while a brief 'Yikes!' expression formed on his face from her near fall. A relieved sigh escaped from his lips just happy enough that the girl didn't go down mount rocky with a bang.

Why did she look so suddenly surprised? It was almost as if she were having difficulty processing something or getting his words out. "G'day to you too, uh. .. You know, you didn't need to stop singing. You were banging it out of the park and I just couldn't resist joining in a bit." A chuckle escaped from him as he moved the guitar slightly to settle it onto his back while also drawing closer to the young girl.

"Sorry if I surprised you, didn't want to disturb your groove too badly but I also just couldn't pass up the chance to join in on someone singing their heart out." There was a genuine smile that stretched on his lips as he started to look around the area for a way to climb up the boulder's easily. Of course, that probably would be a bad idea in case Sapphire took some heavy damage from a fall or trying to climb up.

Instead he opted to crane his neck towards her. "Unless. .. You suddenly dubbed me some creepy guy that walks by creeks and starts joining in random songs? Because only part of that would be true I'm not as creepy as it may seem. Just a bit of an odd ball. " His hand extended upwards towards the girl as he smiled at her. "The names Alex, since I was the one who appeared wildly, I may as well start the introductions."

She shifted uneasily, her head giving a slight tilt at the compliment.  "I uh.... I didn't think anyone was around to hear me..."  Normally she could keep to herself well enough.  The walk home, whether with little detours or not, was always her favorite time to sing for that reason.  "You....really think so?"

He smiled at her in such a way that it eased her own nerves and anxiety about being noticed.  When he suddenly started talking poorly of himself she waved her hands in front of her.  "Oh no! No no no!  You seem really nice....!"  And he did.  Friendly, too, she noticed, as he held his hand up to her.  She took it, giving a quick shake with a curt nod.  "I'm Iris."

She looked around then, making sure no one else was around, before looking back down at the older male.  "I don't....sing in front of people.  It's ... well it's not a personal thing.  More private?  Does that make sense?"  She thought she may as well explain her unease since he seemed so easily able to pick up on it.  She looked at the guitar on his back and pointed.  "You play?"

"Yea, sorry about that. I tend to some how just pop out of the woodworks like that." He shrugged nonchalantly. It was more true than he wanted to admit but sometimes he just seemed to be in one place at the right time or maybe even the wrong time depending on whose perspective a person was looking into. "Yea, totally! You sounded really good, it was easy to harmonize my voice with yours and playing the chords were an easy transition without any lag behind them." That was usually how he determined how well he could mesh with a person in terms of collaborations, how fast they could follow the other and keep up a perfect tempo in tone.

Alexander laughed at her panicked response while he shook his head. "Hey, hey, it's fine. I was just joking. Can't get through a day without a self barb, it helps to keep me a bit humble in a lot of situations." Besides, if he couldn't make fun of himself how could he hope to compete some of his crazy friends like Cassandra? No, no, he needed to be sharp and on his game almost at all times. "Iris, like the flower, that's pretty! It's nice to meet you, Iris." As he retracted is hand he pressed them into the pockets of his vest.

"It makes sense. Sometimes there are only things you can do for your own ears. With music especially sing it's kind of like a. . . Confidence thing I guess is the easiest way to say it? You don't want anyone to hear because they might judge or it might be too embarrassing. I went through it when I was training with a vocalist. It was a pretty rough time." His gaze turned towards the guitar that hung off of his shoulders and against his back as he nodded with pride. "Play and sing, this here beauty is Sapphire." He started to shift the instrument back over to settle in front of him as he gripped the neck gingerly and a smile curled at his lips, almost like a small boy picking up an instrument for the first time. "Playing an instrument just. . . Releases something in you. Like you can forget the world, the environment."

She laughed, imagining in a moment someone appearing out of nowhere.  She'd seen it so many times with her parents--apparating.  It was normal, but still funny in her mind.  Her face seemed to warm at the compliment, and she moved from standing atop the boulder to sitting upon it instead.  "Thanks.  Really.  I just get so nervous.  I wish I could say something back, but... well. I was so startled I didn't even really listen."  

She kicked her feet and legs slowly, laughing as he talked about keeping himself humble.  Usually when she talked down to herself--when she talked down to herself--it wasn't for that sort of reason.  It was usually a good pile of doubt and self-loathing that came out.  

"Oh, thank you!  Yeah.  They're really pretty."  They came in many sorts of colors, but most commonly from what she'd found, were the blue and purple hues.  Cool colors.  For her, they were something calming to look at.

She nodded happily.  He seemed to get where she was coming from at least.  But he was so happy to join in with her, she couldn't really picture him having her anxieties or worries about singing openly at all.  He introduced his guitar and she looked waved down at it.  "Hello, Sapphire!  Nice to meet you."  

Lifting her head, she smiled and nodded.  "My family's really big on music.  We all play.  Ah, different instruments, I think they were intentionally trying to spread it out..  My dad plays in the symphony so it's really important for him, you know?"  She was always so proud of him, and it showed.  "My violin is back home today, since I didn't have musiciary.  Maybe you'll meet her some time."

He watched as she seemed to shift to a more comfortable position. A slow nod flowed from him as he understand the concerns that she held. Nervousness was normal in almost every situation, if he told anyone he had a nervous feeling anytime he performed for people many wouldn't believe him. It was part of why he kept himself so confident to remind himself that he could do it. "Hahaha, I did kind of surprise you a bit huh?" Well he did suddenly swoop in on her. . . . And swooping is bad.

After talking himself up a bit he added a brief wink, but it wasn't one that could be classified as flirting. Aligned more with one some kind of pop-star would give off towards the fans to let them know it was adoration for the praise. Even if the praise was coming from himself, he had to be a fan about his own hobby after all. However, the laughter couldn't be held in much longer as he started to burst out into one himself.

"No problem! I've seen a few people plant them in their store windows during the lighter months in heat. The side stores seem to enjoy putting up a lot of flowers." Alex had never taken the time to really stare at flowers or herbs in the past. Though recently almost everything seemed to draw him in for curiosities sake. At least he could say he appreciated the many things and people he's encountered.

A flourished bow was offered towards Iris. "She thanks the pretty lady kindly!" In his mind, Sapphire was this well proper entity that always had a compliment of the highest order. At least to its pompous attitude in his mind. Maybe he was just a really weird lunatic now that he thought about this more in-depth. "A Symphony? That's pretty spanking. I've heard a few live orchestra's and it's always so intense - the kind of soul and emotion that comes in a wave with that many people. I'm way too vain to be part of a group effort like that! Hehe." He chuckled briefly. Really, he just enjoyed performing how he did way too much to be conformed. But a Symphony was a lot more work and dedication and he could respect that.

"I would say I am the first in my family, but I do have a niece who is really into guitar herself and a nephew who wants to start learning so. . . I get the fun of teaching him." The idea of teaching someone was difficult since it took a sense of focus and determination even in the face of failure, a lot of frustrating moments. But he figured Caleb should be able to handle it he was a sharp boy after all. "Oh? You're in Musiciary? Then we'll probably see each other! Best place to meet her, yea? I am excited to hear you play violin - if it is similar to how well you sound you may have me beat for popularity in musical performance." He shrugged lightly. "We maybe able to even do a collobration project. If you're not to shy about that kind of stuff anyways."

"Just a bit."  She moved her fingers together almost as if she were holding a very small object between them.

As he spoke about people planting them, she gave another grin.  "Oh yeah!  The bearded Irises!  A lot of varieties really can't survive out here, but we've got a few.  Mostly the tall variety."  She honestly didn't know a lot about plants, but she had taken the time before to do a little research on the various things her name could have come from.  The Iris plants, the goddess, the eye.  They were largely a late winter to late spring type of flower, so it would be some time before she would see one again.

He bowed and thanked her on behalf of Sapphire, and she giggled in response.  [b}"Aw, she's so sweet and polite!  And how nice of you to translate."[/b]  

She beamed as he complimented her dad on his career.  "So much work!  I don't know if he actually wants the three of us to follow suit, or if he just wanted us to have the cultural value of being able to play something.  But it's great.  Sometimes he gets to work on big movie soundtracks, too, and I just love it."  

But in the end, that sort of life wasn't for her.  She didn't want to sit in a chair, playing her violin for hours on end, practicing, fine tuning.  It wasn't for love of music, it just wasn't something she could see herself doing.  Especially with the amount of time she'd be required and expected to sit still.

She was going to ask if anyone else in his family played, but he beat her to the punch.  "A nice that plays and a nephew that wants to!  That's really awesome.  See, it's totally in the blood."  She couldn't imagine trying to teach someone else to play.

Hearing he was also taking the class she clapped excitedly.  She got to meet someone in it, then.  So it wasn't so bad.  "Yeah!"  she had to grin, wrinkling her nose as she shook her head.  "No, wrong era for that.  Guitars and are way more popular.  I don't mind playing at all it's just..the singing.  So most people haven't really heard me.  I mean, a couple of friends, but that's it."  Friends who often recorded her escapades, who helped convince her to come up with some fake stage name when they made the little home videos.   They would be fun to look back on when she was older.  It was a special little secret she shared with them.

He made her an offer, and she slowly pushed down off the boulder.  "Umm... well maybe?  That sounds really fun, I'm just not sure I'm the right sort of person for that."

"I may look towards getting some irises set up then! They're something I think a few people I know may like or enjoy." Really, he just wanted to beautify his father's hospital room up just a bit. It was just so dull looking and all that white that seemed to make it even worse. . . The man deserved some kind of good happening. At least if he managed to survive that long.

Alexander smiled towards her nodded thankfully. "She is often fickle, but gentle. She tends to be a bit critical but only about me." He chuckled gently at the thought of Sapphire actually communicating with him. But she was a lovely looking girl, he just also had to make sure he kept his flirtations better in check.

"I admit, I'm really jealous on that! I just managed to secure a meeting of my idol soon and it still just shakes my bones. Can't even imagine being apart of a movie track. But I do want to make an impact with my music. To be able to touch a persons heart and soul in a profound way. . . Getting all that pain in the heart out." He sighed softly in thought of it all. He was really a teddy bear at heart when it came to his music and what he wanted to achieve in others, if only to spare them his own pains in life.

"Haha, it just may run in the blood now that you say it! I am hoping to get that chance, I haven't met my Niece fully yet but I have listened to a lot of her stuff. Extremely talented."

He pumped his arm in excitement at the thought they'd be in the same class. "Awesome! I am definitely looking for it." A shake of his head as he smiled at her widely. "Then do I have a few things to show you about how wrong that is! If you want sometime I can show you something at the school of this really talented Violinist, I listen to her every so often."

"Why don't we give it a bit of a try? I mean we can try different styles and bit by bit build up that confidence for singing? I kind of do online shows sometimes. Have been looking into live performance but that's something I don't want to push anyone into, but I -do- need some people to play and jam out with just for the fun of it."

"Aren't they always?"  Aria could be critical.  Of her, of her sisters.....but she also had good times, too.  Instruments were finnicky, moody things.  

The news abotu his idol had her mouth dropping open.  "Are you serious!?" she asked incredulously.  "That's so cool!  Wow!  You must be so nervous, but htat'll be so much fun.  I can't even imagine that.  Wow."  Not that she had any particular idols herself.  Not in music, not elsewhere.  Not for lack of appreciation, but she'd never really been able to hold that specific sort of focus or love to have something like an idol.  She liked to flow through and around many different things, letting people catch her attention as they may.

Her hands curled into loose, excited fists as she raised and dropped them down, all but bouncing on her toes.  "Wow.  You sound so cool right now.  Like, what a thing to say!  You must really love it, then."  It was a sign of incredible dedication.  She wondered if she could ever be dedicated like that to something.  She had dreams and hopes for herself, but they'd never made her feel that way about anything.  Was she even on the right path?  Only time would tell.

Her energy stalled for a moment.  "Wait, what?"  There was some popular violinist somewhere out there, and there was some school based around her?  Why hadn't she heard about that before?  She felt like she had just walked face first into an ocean liner that she'd somehow missed was there.  "Oh please.  Please, please, please, that would be beyond amazing."

She was apprehensive, but only a little.  The next nudge at trying had her entirely convinced.  "Okay!  Yeah, we can try.  That'd be something totally new for me.  I like trying new things.  And I'm pretty good at jamming?  I think?  I mean, my family's done it like, every week since we were little kids, so THAT won't be foreign at least."

"Ugh, yesh, they're such prisses. That need constant maintenance and to be played. It's like a puppy just less snappy from the puppy." He let a strong laughter as he shook his head and sighed softly.

"Yes! I was out of my mind in fan mode when I caught the realization that I could meet her." Not only that, the REAL impact was that he was related to the woman. That was his niece, albeit, she had age on him by who knows how long now that he thought about it. But that point was that she was the reason for his inspiration into music, the reason he kept up with it since a young lad. "I am pretty nervous about it, it's like. . . I put her on such a high pedestal before for well, reasons." He didn't want to offer unnecessary knowledge that would be a burden in terms of himself. "But she was the one who made me see that I really love music and the way that it can operate."

He sounded cool? Alexander coursed a hand through his hair and held a slight tint in his cheeks from such a compliment. "Hehe, Thanks!" He snickered out loud in a bashful mannerism. It always felt weird someone closer to his age said something like that, in most cases he'd easily push through such things. But being looked at as 'Cool', that was a new sensation that he'd have to eventually get used to hearing. "It's been apart of my life since I was like. . . Five, but I think it's different when you pursue it for yourself for whatever reason. Then, and only then, is it truly personal to your heart. Sometimes it's more of a curse cause then you have to play or sing whatever is on that easily tainted heart. Hahaha."

Alex grinned at her and nodded as he started to pull a pen and some paper out of his bag and writing down the artists name. 'Lindsey Stirling.' "She's pretty skilled in the Muggle world. I tend to keep up on both Magical and Muggle sensation, I can't call myself a lover if I only ever look towards one side of the wall."

"Sweet~! I usually do it alone these days. But I am always up for trying new stuff too. Take life by the horn, no regrets. Worry about the consequences later. At least -then- I can say I did it and grow from whatever mess that it can create." Of course, this motto had certain lines he'd never cross.

Iris smiled, enjoying the story, however small.  It was one of those simple, happy ones, one that could probably be heard easily almost any day if one knew who to ask, but it was nice all the same, to hear that a person could be so incredibly touched and changed by another person like that, the kind of determination that grew from it.  It was like one of her books.

"Me too!" she piped in.  "Well, I don't know if i was five.  I might have been five?  I've had a violin in my hands about as long as I can remember."  Which was probably why it was still so set in her, which was probably why she was so attached to it, and didn't fight her parents over it in some act of rebellion.  The music had been in her for so long it was just part of her.

She listened intently as he explained how he felt about the differences in the music.  "That totally makes sense!  Wow, why haven't I ever thought of that?"  Because she was too busy thinking about too many things at once.  "That's a nice curse though.  I mean, at least you can get it out, as long as you have what you need with you.  It's not like being out in the bush and having some weird coder's itch and needing to compute something and not being able to."

She suddenly gave an "Aahhhhhh...." as he explained about her being muggle.   She wasn't muggleborn, but with the work her family did, it often kept them involved in the muggle world.  Still, it didn't mean she was terribly knowledgeable about it.

She giggled again as he went into his motto.  "Yes!  Yes that!  I'm kind of similar. I want to try and experience everything I can.  I mean, you only live once, right?"

Yes, a happy story, it was better that he spun it that way for many for the time being. At least until he could figure out a lot more about himself. So many mysteries and not enough answers on his plate, not the ones he wanted to stick anyways.

"Haha, I honestly forget sometimes myself because I feel the same way. Soon it will just feel like I was born with a guitar in my hand just rolling out of the womb like some kind of rock star" That image did somewhat amuse him, if only to add some kind of pain to Lillian. Okay, now he was just being spiteful which caused him to shake his head of such mean thoughts. "Do you plan to follow music as a career or just kind of something you'll mess around with in a hobby kind of way? I mean, like I said, you have some really good talent. Think might even be able to make a way with just yourself if you developed or are willing to develop a person style, something that screams, 'Ha! I'm Iris, Ladies and Gentlemen! Hear my alluring roar!' kind of thing."

Alluring roar? What were they lions in mating season?

A shrug followed. "I think it's just something that was conditioned for us. Like, the worlds are always supposed to be apart only about ninety-percent of the time until something seems to cross over. The way we're taught most would never thing to check Muggle stuff and Muggle's can't EVER really check Wizard stuff. Heck, it sounds like they're more robbed of the beauties that hit the stage than we are." He snickered as he shook his head. "I never thought of it that way, I can stomach handling a sad song on my heart. Stick numbers and a bunch of keys in front of me? If it doesn't have ANYTHING to do with music I may as well be learning a dead language no one can translate. I am just terribad at anything involving codes, computers, or lines of arguments like that." Even the music program he had was written for him by someone he had been collaborating with in the past.

Only live once? Well, some people, others seemed to often find loop-holes. "The same life? Yea, only once. Hahaha. What have you done already? Or did this motto come up for you more recently? Cause if it has I can make a nice long list of things that you can get your hand into - trouble free of course. I don't encourage people to be 'Alex-Crazy'." Well, there was Cass, he'd always probably try to encourage her to be Alex crazy.

She giggled at the image of a baby being born with a guitar in its hands.  Like it was some weird cartoon or show, and its destiny was pre-determined.  "You're funny." she said in response while shaking her head.

"Well...." she began, pressing a finger to her chin.  "I'd...never really thought about making a career out of it.  I mean, it could be cool."  Should she?  She was talented with her instrument, sure, but she wasn't some prodigy.   "To be honest, nothing ever sticks for very long.  There's so many things a person could do, right?  Right now, I'm all about fashion."  For however much longer it stuck.

The way he talked about the divide between magical and muggle made a lot of sense too.  Most people just said "that's how it is" without ever really trying to figure out why.  Not that he necessarily did, but he noticed some crossover.  She'd never thought about things from the other side's standpoint.  "You're right...they never get to just poke around out of curiosity, do they?  Not like us."  It was weird to think about.  While they were aware but largely ignorant the regular people just.... had no clue at all.  Her mouth twisted.  That didn't seem fair.

"So you really don't spread out much then, huh?"  If he was terribad with computers, that was.  Not that she had any idea how to read a code herself, but he made it sound like he was really only knowledgeable about the one thing.

The way he went about the topic of life was interesting.  "Ah, you mean like reincarnation right?  The Bhuddists really have something cool going with that idea.  I love it."  Though they weren't the only culture or religion that had such ideas.  If one read enough, they found references to it everywhere.

When he asked her on specifics she should only hold her hands up and shrug.  "I couldn't even tell you.  When something comes my way I just try and go with it.  I could have done lots of things, or nothing at all.  Although a list isn't a bad idea."  She raised an eyebrow at him.  "What do you mean by, 'Alex-Crazy'?  What, you like to jump off cliffs or something?"

"In life sometimes a good humor gets you further than most people think." He held a firm smile on his face. "It also just makes the clandestine meetings with new people a lot more better. Awkwardness can be torn down easily and the ease of just being yourself is just there, arms opened up screaming, 'AAAAAH'. Not literally. That'd just be weird." He chuckled at how much of an odd ball he could be with his words.

Alexander nodded at her, she had a point. "That's true, but stuff usually only lasts as long as the person has the urge to keep it up. Sometimes it's out of their hands but there's always time to consider other options just in case too." As she spoke on fashion he nodded, he seemed to be meeting a lot of people that seemed to really be into fashion. "One of my good friends, Frankie, is into fashion too. I don't know much about it but I have been brushing up bit by bit. I like the idea that someone can express themselves even in stitching. It's kind of alluring when you think enough."

"It isn't a fair stint but. . .. I guess I do kind of understand. The horror and crusades they'd have against us, those with power beyond the minds of normal kin tend to show fear. Sticks even with Wizards and Witches, the whole Vampire and Dhampir thing."

A shrug was offered towards Iris as he smiled a bit wider. "Not true! I am really good with most people! That is a subject of life all on it's own. The most complicated walking books in the land. I also know my way around music equ- Okay so that would just prove your point a bit. Hahaha, I have been considering spreading out but some things make it a bit difficult. Mostly time, I don't have the time with how full I made my classes."

"Reincarnation is one way, but we live in a world where magic is wondrous. Whose to say there isn't a way to cheat death? Albeit, probably with heavy consequences but there is always someone willing to take that kind of a step. But either way I think life should be made to live with a strong conviction, as much as possible."

Jumping off cliffs? That could be pretty interesting. . . He'll need to talk to someone about that idea. "That's a good one! Sort of like that, yea. Maybe even mountain climbing, hiking, walking through the bushlands without a map. Just anything that can add an adventure, something I can look back on and say 'That was insane, but worth every bit of the moment and time.'"

She listened intently to his insight, his views, storing the knowledge away for later.  Not that she really needed much help on the people front, but she was always willing to learn.  No one was perfect at any one thing, especially at people, but she would try all the same.  Learning and growing through life.

"Yeah... I'm hoping this one sticks though, because I do love it.  Problem is, it's like every new thing is like a big pile of leaves.  Just gotta jump in, you know?"  Most didn't, and if he was in that group, that was fine, too.  She still had time.  Her parents, while they tried to structure her, were also supportive of her.  "I'll figure it out sooner or later.  I just want to enjoy the journey in the meantime."

"Frankie?" she repeated.  That was an interesting name.  "Not many guys admit they're into the fashion thing.  That's really cool!"  Becuase of course, it didn't occur to her Frankie was a girl's name.  A mistake that would likely soon be rectified.  

Once more, someone else had such a way of explaining the world and why things were they way they were.  She was always so grateful for every insight.  "Oh.... yeah I guess that would make sense.  And you're right, a lot of people are beyond weird about anything different.  Even I am.  I don't try to be, but I can't help feeling uneasy sometimes.  I'm...hoping that goes away with growing up."  

She laughed nervously.  Yes, she had so much to learn, but it didn't help that even witches and wizards painted others with a cruel image.  Vampires, dhampirs and werewolves were a a few things she had been raised to be cautious of, even to fear.  It was so hard to break from that.  Especially when there was a very real historical reason for the fear.

She laughed as he tried to make it sound like he was more well-versed than he was.  "Hey, no biggie.  It's okay to pour yourself into one thing.  Well, two, if you include the people.  I know I usually do.  So yeah, two things."  

She could understand the workload of school.  "I can't wait to be a sixth year!  Get to finally take more than nine classes?  Yes, please!  I was so mad that I couldn't do everything I wanted.  I mean, I know I'm not the greatest student and all, but it's not a lack of interest."  One more year.  One more year and she could more fully expand.  

She gave a slow nod, although she wasn't quite sure what he was getting at.  Even magic couldn't do that.  Not unless you had that one stone from that one fairy tale, but even it had issues.  She let that subject drop.

As he went into his types of adventures she jumped in place.  "Mate, that's not crazy!  That's exactly the sort of stuff I want to do as soon as I'm out of all this.  Just....travel the world using my own two feet or a bicycle as much as I can.  See every sort of terrain, camp out in it.  Just..be one with the world as it is."

"Haha, fair enough! The power of youth - the ability to enjoy the journey and the fun that comes along with it." He shrugged but a wide smile still stayed on his lips. "It's pretty good to see you're not rushing it, honestly. A lot of folks our age tend to try get everything all at once. Never take the time to just enjoy something even for a bit." Often, they were known as the 'Era of little Satisfaction.' That wasn't the kind of legacy that he wanted to leave behind.

Alexander started to burst out in a laughter, he could see why someone would think it was a man with that name. But with such lovely features and a slender body? She was no way mistaken for such in his eyes. "A girl, she's a girl. Haha. But all the same it's still really cool! I've been dying to see a lot of her stuff, even requested a charm for the end of my guitar. "

"I think we all are, even those that think they aren't. It isn't just what we've been taught and see, ya know? Just kind of instinct. If something looks scary and has the capability to rip you to shreds then. . . Odds are? They would most likely do that, but it's also one of those things where not all of them would be like that." A hand ran across his chin as he rubbed at it in thought. "It's a peculiar conundrum. Makes you wonder what is the right answer? How should we treat people like that?"

"Aaah, I'm trying to be a bit more well rounded. I think, maybe, just need to see what kind of just works for me, ya know? Something that I can pick up and learn and just see where it goes from there." Maybe he should consider Wizard's Chess? At least the way it works is pretty cool in general.

A smirk curved on him as he shook his head, at least someone was enthusiastic about that idea! "I am dreaaading overloading myself. Sure, a lot of pretty interesting stuff and teacher's to met but, man, am I going to be exhausted and stacked up with homework for weeks on end for a lot of the classes. I'm just hoping to pull through the courses and understand the material the best I can."

"Why wait until later? Start taking advantage of it all now! Later you'll be dealing with trying to just make sure bills and stuff are paid. If you have the drive I say go ahead and do what you can for the time being. Go bike riding near plateaus, wild-life spotting if that's your kind of deal. Rock climbing, probably plenty of plateau's around to choose from."

She nodded.  "I know!  But I think a lot of it is the pressure?  All your teachers and parents and everyone else telling you that you need to choose now, prepare now.  It can be so overwhelming." She made a sour face.  "I'm not like that though.  I could no sooner choose what I'll spend my whole life doing than I could pick a favorite song."

"Whoops!" she said, covering her mouth, and the grin beneath it.  "That's a... well."  She cleared her throat.  Was that a nickname or did her parents actually name her that?    She was happy her parents were a little more sensible.

He certainly had a way of making her feel a little less like some bigot.  "You're right I guess.  Kind of like finding a tiger snake?"  Harmless if left alone, but the insinct to survive still filled people with dread.  "Or a croc."  She rant a hand over the top of her head.  "And I have no idea."

He was worried about too much work?  "You have a point!  I'm probably going to spend all of next year asking myself why I put myself through homework hell, but...I just...how do you choose?  I want to learn so much!  ...Reality is I won't retain half of it though."  Besides, maybe if she continued to expose herself to different things, she'd find somehing, anything, that might help point her in the right direction.

She laughed as he encouraged her to chase one of her dreams.  "Yeaaah...I don't think my parents would be too thrilled with me taking off at every break to go disappear into some wilderness or or other state or territory.  I love them, they love me, but I think the idea of us all growing up and leaving makes them seriously uncomfortable."

" Oh. . . Right, you have a point there." A finger extended outwards as it indirectly wagged towards Iris' direction. "Pressure from Teachers, society, then the expectations of your parents. . . That's some pretty heavy stuff to dictate making a choice here and now." He hadn't met any pushy teachers yet in Tallygarunga but there were bound to be some that was for sure. "I get that. I don't even know entirely what I would want to do, honestly. Just way too many things to decide and explore, seeing if the right pieces seem to click in." He had considered the option of either pursuing music or being a doctor and both are extremely stressful in their own right. Perhaps, greatest issue was that he had no guarantee that these two dreams were actually possible for himself. "Make sure you enjoy the moment, even with the stress. Memories are pretty important for that kind of stuff."

He couldn't help but snicker at her as she responded that way, an accident. That kind of stuff happens enough that it drew a smile on his face. "Hahaha, Hey, it's no biggie, right? Everyone makes mistakes. Plus I gave no idea that it wasn't a girl." She seemed to have a hard time getting out an actual response to the idea of the shortened name, of course, Alex liked Frankie's actual name. "Everyone has something they prefer to be called though so I respect. Like, someone calling me 'Alexander'? Ugh. . . That makes me feel like I've aged years badly. Slap me in a corporate suit and put me in a desk writing papers for the rest of my life." A whimsical smirk shaped. 

"Yea, like a tiger snake! Or a cr- Well, maybe not like a croc. The differences is that croc is fully intent on death rolling me the moment I say hi." It was a light joke at best, one doesn't live in Australia and expect the wildlife to be gentle on them. Offered its own adventures for sure, but that croc, regardless, better keep away from him is all he could think in his mind. 

"All that homework hell and not a bit of fun time squeezed in between! All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy." Alex laughed lightly at the old saying before following up. "I am interested in finding out what I can learn but the real challenge for me is seeing how much I can take on while also spacing out all the time I'll need to handle others thing in my life." The intensity of how heavy the workload would be linked together with finding a way to have a bit of fun and still come out pretty well? That drew a wider smirk on his face. "Sorry, I kind of like a challenge every so often. Only way to get better is to push your limits and the only way to manage in life later on is learning to manage social stuff and actual obligation."  It was something his father often told him. Never lose sight of grabbing for what he needed and never let the work and desire to obtain be what keeps you from achieving actual dreams. 

A hum vibrated within his throat as he made a firm nod. "Then it just looks like we'll need to do it during the school year to make up for it, right? I mean I should be around for this year and next year. Plenty of time to get into some antics and adventures. Never know what we'll encounter and find in that time.

"Oh cool, I got to teach an upperclassman something.  One more thing off my list!"  A mental list, she was terrible at making, let alone keeping, physical ones.  She could probably fill an entire notebook with all the things she wanted to eventually do, big and small alike.

She just laughed at herself and the mix-up.  "You're so right.  No point in sweating it."  Besides, what was going to happen?  Some sort of lightning from teh sky striking her down?  No way.  The worst thing would be she'd hear, and be mad, but that wasn't Iris' fault.  It was ice.  Everything was ice.  'Rainbow Ice' she thought with a snicker, poking fun at herself.

"I don't know.  Alexander isn't so abd.  It's not terrible on you."  She said as she leaned side to side, getting slightly different views of him.  As he mentioned the croc rolling him she leaned back against the boulder.  "Well that depends on how hungry it is.  Or if it's got babies nearby.  It might pause for a few minutes to mull it over before the charge."

He seemed goodnatured about his apparently large load he was carrying and she waved her hands in front of her.  "No, no, I get it.  I have a tendency of putting way too much on my plate.  But it's always fun before it gets too terribly stressful."  And once the stress hit it was hell and tears and pulling her hair--not out, just lots of tugging at it.  

She looked up at him, taking in his proposition and a grin of mischief spread across her face.  "What exactly are you getting at there?  Sneaking away from campus?  You're a terrible influence."

"Hahaha, get used to it. You'll probably enlighten me a lot more often than you might think." Not that he needed it but everyone offered a different and new perspective. Something that he had found of late that he yearned to understand. To connect with different people from various backgrounds and just get an idea of their motivations, what gives them a sense of live and purpose. A drive. 

An eyebrow arched upwards as she started to giggle to her self. That was a positive trait, being able to make yourself laugh even a bit. "Just let it roll~ right of the shoulder!" A grin pressed on his lips as he shoved his hands into the pockets of his vest. "If worse comes to worse you can always just say 'Ugh, that dork Alex is never clear about anything! Always so secretive and cryptic!'. I think you could go pretty well with that line. Just have to remember to flip your hair a bit."

"It's totally not flattering, makes me feel like I belong in the times of the Romans. Some very boisterous man with massive armor bursting into my office yelling, 'Alexander! MY LIEGE! Someone has just taken your mighty artifact, the Guitar of the Romans!'. The horror!? Can you imagine how my days would be!?" The back of his hand pressed against his forehead as if he were exhausted and drained from the mere idea of it occurring. Then he just broke out into a chorus of snickers and giggle while shaking his head to calm himself down. "I don't want its babies and it's hungry it should go order a hamburger. They're filling sometimes."

"Stress!? I don't know the MEANING OF THE WORD!" Alex seemed to flex a bit but it was all for show as he wore his usually winning smile behind it all. He liked to showboat a bit at least to break down the initial walls that had taken place. He was caught off guard by the grin that had churned on Iris' face, that was new and he enjoyed the resonance that seemed to come from it. "Sneaking away from the campus, using the weekends when it's free. Me!? A Terrible influence?! I am the best upper-classman around! How else would you escape the throes of stress and the life of a constant student burdened by books? Sometimes you just need to step near the edge jump and. . . Fly."

"Oooh that sounds like fun.  But remember, you're still my upperclassman, so I can't teach you everything!"

She liked the idea of being able to blame someone else--but in a joking manner.   She knew she was the one who had made the assumption.  "Ooooh that Alex guy blam messed me up!  Why's everything a hidden message with that guy?"  She angled her head slightly to the side as she flipped her hair, then burst into another fit of giggles.  "I can't take anyone who does that seriously.  Wow.  That was fun though."

"You know Borodin's name was Alexander, right?  Famous musical composer!  He has symphonies in his resume!"  She said between the laughter.  She had to wrap oen arm around her stomach, the other held close to her face.  Her sides were hurting from it, and the images he was placing into her head.  

By the time he began shouting about not knowing stress she was in tears.  "Okay okay, give me a minute.  I can't take anymore."  She held up a hand as she tried to get the laughter under control, to get in some deep breaths to the lungs that now stung.  "Ah...ah... okay.  Okay I think I'm good."  She wiped the water away from her eyes and off her cheeks.

"You think I can fly?  Just... up and without a broom?  You are crazy."  Even as she said it, she spread her arms out like a bird, lifting her chin up toward the sun, imagining how it might feel to be like a bird.

"Dawh, come on. It sound so much better if you do! Okay, okay, I'll have to start teaching -you- somethings too. Even is even, right?" He smiled towards her lightly. 

Alex's hand pressed against his face to try and withhold the laughter only for it to seep through and become vocal and elevated in sound. "Oh, Oh. . . Please!" A soft sight pushed out of him as he shook his head to calm his chest from the laughing fits. "Aaah. . . No, you made it work. I mean, I still didn't take you seriously! But you did a good job of the hair flip. A full A+, an effort I expect to see in all of your performances. Like a little mini-shout out!" Not that he expected her to actually do that but to see a performer constantly do that before or after their recital? It had the all the fun of drawing out the giggles and easing the tension.

"I bet even he made fun of his own name too. Alexander -and- Borodin? The guy didn't have much of a chance there! All he could do was let people know 'MY GREATEST ARTIFACT, COMPOSITIONS!'." The tone and accent of the voice slipped back to a very poorly imitated idea of a Roman soldier trying to alert the Caesar of bad news. To the poing that his very posture tightened, shoulders grew broader and his face attempted a very stony, albeit poor, expression. Then it proceeded to crumble in tandem with the wave of Iris' giggle by a flood of his own laughter. 

His cheeks were beginning to hurt from the laughing and smiling that he had to press several strands of his black locks from his face. "See? Already having a brand new experience there with me! More to come next time, on Alex TV! Stay tuned, and please, don't pay too much attention to our advertisements - Their over priced." A grin had taken form on his face at her words of him being crazy, the word 'Fly' bounded around in his head and lips began to part into a harmonic voice. 

"I believe I can fly~, I believe I can touch sky~, I think about it every night and day~! Spread my wings and fly away~." His arms extended outwards and gave a gentle flap in unison with the words spoken and then proceed to move around until he could climb on top of the boulders. The top of the stones were smooth and easy to traverse as he hoped his way towards Iris and stood next to her on the nearby rock. "Hey, there are many ways to get to the skies. Broom, Winged Horse, maybe even a charm on a car! Just a matter of how stylish you want to get there."

"Blam right!"  she agreed.

She could only shake her head at him, the grin wide on her face.  "Yeah, well, if all the faerie magic in the world disappears and I get over my stagefright to perform, then sure, I'll flip my hair every time.  Just for you."  She doubted it would ever happen.  She could play an instrument til the cows came home, but singing?  It was entirely different for her, and she couldn't imagine why.

"I bet he was amzing!  iT wasn't just symphonies, he did vocal works and operas--The Tsar's Bride, Prince Igor, Miada---and he was also a doctor and a chemist!  He was so accomplished!"  What a brain to picque, not that it would have done her any good.  She didn't know a lick of Russian.  Still, Alex's actions and words were humorous all the same, even if it was also a bit insulting.  Especially when he began to insult his own commercials.

She began laughing anew as he began flapping his wings and singing as if he were some bird.  Then he began ascending the boulder.  "Hey, wait for me!" she called, looking around for the best way to get back up.  She turned her head up to look at him standing above her, then decided to start climbing up lest her neck start aching from the angle.  "A charmed car?  Really?  Now isn't that fancy.  I think I'll take the winged horse, myself." she said, grunting as she heaved herself up and sat.