Cbox
Guest enabled! No advertising, and be nice! Not much happening here? Check out our Discord!
Welcome to Tallygarunga, an original roleplay set in the Harry Potter universe. Set in present-day Australia, tensions are high between the Ministry of Magic and the only Ministry-run wizarding school in the country. Become like the other snooty private schools? Not a chance.

Originally established in August 2006, Tallygarunga prides itself on an inclusive and active community. Once part of the Tally family, always part of the Tally family. Whether you're here for the first time, the thousandth time, or returning after a long time---welcome home.
Staff
Sadrienne
Founder
LilyCat
Admin
Kaitore
Sturt
Flinders
Spencer
Bourke
Tallygarunga
a non-canon au potterverse roleplay
October, 2019 :: Spring

Ministry ☆ Corrupt Auror, Socialite✩ Kirupachi
29 year old Halfbreed Veela ☆ She/Her

Evelyn had taken her sweet time showing Andrea around that morning, as well as grilling her with all manner of teases, as was customary of her. She introduced her to places that could be of use, people that she could befriend, among other things; but it was time to the main event. Uncharacteristically enough, she took the long way around to McEwen Lane, wanting to milk every second of torture. Eventually they reached the McCarthy manor, her place of residence, standing tall within the affluent neighborhood.

The sun being high above their heads indicated it was roughly noon. A good thing, as she was getting rather hungry. "Here we are." She declared as they walked past the gates. There was no staff in sight, and nobody at all came to greet them - Alyona was at school, and her husband at work. It all worked out for the best. She slowly made her way up to the front porch, unlocking the door to the house and motioning the woman in.

"By all means, make yourself at home, dear."

Professor Head of Sturt ☆ Wandless Magic Professor✩ Tecri
29 year old Pureblood Human ☆ She/Her/Hers

Andy enjoyed the visit around the town, it had a certain charm to it, she wasn’t used to it, but it was better than the big cities, those she only liked to visit, he liked to live in remote places, it was what she was used to ever since she was a child. They walked around until they reached, what seemed to be, Evelyn’s house. Andy looked around, it was a big house and an impressive one as well. “It’s beautiful.” She commented. The only house she ever owned was an apartment near VMU and wasn’t even hers was her parents’.

She followed Evelyn quietly. “I can only imagine the number of gatherings a person can do here…” she commented still following Evelyn. They got inside, and Andy was still looking around. “You know, I never lived in an actual house before, well not a townhouse, I always lived in tents or cottages.” She commented. Not many people knew about Andy's past, Evelyn probably knew it already.

“Would you…need some help?” Andy asked winking at Evelyn once they were inside the house, it was an honest question, Evelyn could require some help with lunch and Andy would gladly help her.

"Thank you." Evelyn minded her manners as always. They walked into the house. Once Andrea had walked past her in the entryway she closed the door, and placed the keys on a small bowl nearby without much of a concern for them - the bowl was jinxed, after all. There was no staff in sight - for such a big house one would think that was necessary, but Evelyn found that her magic could handle most of their home issues; not to mention, it ensured their walls didn't have ears. It was hard enough to dodge Alyona in her conversations with her husband, she didn't need to make matters worse by having random people walking about.

"Actually? Yes, I could use your help. Please, follow me." Evelyn moved further into the household and showed Andrea the rooms on the way to her destination - and only those. There was no point in a full house tour just yet. That could wait until after they had something in their stomachs. The blonde led the way towards the very large kitchen, with counters lining the walls and with a large counter island running across the length of the room in the middle. She continued once there. "I want to issue a little challenge, if that's alright. I want to see what you can prepare without touching a single ingredient or tool. If you are to be the Wandless Magic professor, you might as well show me what you've got. I'm entrusting you with my daughter after all."

While her words were quite serious, her tone had a strong sense of amusement to it. She leaned back on one of the many counters, eager to watch the woman agree to (hopefully) and complete the challenge. "Of course, feel free to use any and all resources present." Not only would she watch, but she'd also occupy herself with imagining what said magic could accomplish after lunch.

Andy was curious to know what normal people did in big houses like this one. She can still remember the scent of her tent as she was growing up, lavender was a great scent especially to escape certain smells of the remote areas she had been in, and the number of animals there were always with them.

When Evelyn responded to Andy’s question, she nodded and smiled as she followed her host. “Sure, whatever I can do, after all, I don’t mean to impose.” She said as she entered the kitchen. The place was huge, and Andy was amazed by it, the only time where she had lived in a real house was when she got to Australia and went to VMU, even when she lived in Scotland they lived in a cottage somewhere in the middle of nowhere, a huge improvement from the usual tents and sheds.

“This place is huge.” She commented. It seemed like a huge waste of space but at the same time, it seemed so comfortable. When Evelyn proposed a challenge, Andy looked at her confused. “I don’t know where things are but okay.” Andy accepted the challenge, it was easy enough, she didn’t even have to look at it as long as she knew where things were.

“Let’s see…” Andy said as she opened the cabinets by staring at them, she searched for the place with the pots and pans, location for ingredients and everything without touching anything. “How about a little music too?” she proposed as she waved her hand and suddenly music started playing. “You know I only had a wand when I got to Hogwarts, all my life I did magic without a wand. Andy explained as she moved her hand to get the ingredients moving, mushrooms were being sliced thinly, chicken breasts were being cut into cubes before being seasoned properly with salt and pepper. Mushroom got in the pot and was slowly cooking in order for Andy to get a decent broth for the mushroom and chicken risotto she was about to make.

Evelyn watched with amusement as her kitchen was, in her point of view, destroyed - in the best meaning of the word, of course. Cabinets and drawers opened, ingredients were retrieved and chopped, utensils were used, all of which without a person touching them, and accompanied by music. She wasn't a particular fan of the media in general (something she was certain the rest of her family would disown her for), so she made a conscious effort to tune it out and focus on her company instead.

"Hogwarts. Now that's something I'd like to hear about at length." She couldn't help but feel somewhat envious. If she had been allowed to go to a school outside of Victoria, let alone Australia, she would've dodged the brunt of her abuse. 'Then again, he wouldn't have perished, would he?' "But first, I'm wondering if I should prepare my dessert without touching it as well." Might as well make her intentions more obvious. She was certain her walls had no ears; they could drop their pretenses at long last.

Andy was quietly watching how everything was being done, that was a challenge she didn’t want to lose. She took her eyes off the food and looked at Evelyn, everything proceeded as according to plan, the food was being made without a person even lifting a finger.

“Yes, it was … fun, I have a bit of a hard time adjusting.” She spoke as now was time to start making the rice. “I visited three different continents before turning eighteen and as much as some people think that’s cool, it’s not that amazing.” She spoke, remembering every time she had to move, always going from one place to another was not how a child would want to spend their childhood. “I suppose it can be a story for another day.” She said with a wink and a mischievous smirk on her lips.

“Eating dessert before the main dish? Hmm, I like that and here I thought some apple strudel would be one fine dessert.” Andy spoke softly while looking at Evelyn. The rice was going to take a while to get cooked and so was going to take the chicken. “So, how do you want your strudel? Slightly tanned?” Andy spoke biting her lip and smiling at Evelyn. “I prefer my strudel to be slightly golden, crispy not to burned.”

Evelyn watched as the dish was prepared without much difficulty, without a single soul touching any ingredient or utensil to get it done; yet, the accurate, quick movements each and every piece of the puzzle made felt like the meal was being prepared by an actual chef. It was certainly quite the amusing thing to watch to those who weren't used to it. Perhaps it was fortunate that the blonde was accustomed to it, as her eyes were fixed on her friend instead.

It was a minor struggle to keep her composure with the chosen euphemism, but she did manage to hold a laugh back. A gentle smile sprouted in response to Andrea instead. "In a manner of speaking. I'm certainly partial to it at the moment." Despite her mostly innocent composure and demeanor, her eyes were glinting with something else. "Although, keep in mind I'm not that much a fan of layers." She leaned slightly on the island counter top in the middle of the room sideways, letting her palm rest against its surface. "I can only assume you aren't either."

Andrea smiled as Evelyn watched her work her magic, Andy practically didn’t even had to look at what she was doing to know what was going on in the kitchen unless someone decided to temper with what she was doing.

At Evelyn’s word Andy turned her attention to the blonde, her eyes fixated on the golden strands of hair on before looking at Evelyn’s face. “Depends out the layers are presented, do I want to dig in right to the sweet fill or take my time with it? It all depends on various factors.” Andy replied, her lips curled up in a smiled.

“Although, right about now I could skip the layers.” She spoke and now the rice just had to be cooked to perfection for them to get to eat, what they did in the meantime, was something to discover. Andy was starting to get hungry, it was best to just speed along and get ready to eat. Soon enough the rice was being served as Andy looked with Evelyn with a playful smile.

Word by word, it was getting harder not to chuckle - Evelyn had to thank Merlin mentally for being able to sustain a straight face through that entire exchange. However, instead of throwing the ball back at Andrea (and potentially make their verbiage even worse, she decided to straighten her composure away from the counter once the rice was cooked. It was almost if nothing had happened between them at all.

"Well, since you're acing your challenge with flying colors, I should prepare the dinner table. I can't leave all the work to my guests, after all." As she spoke, Evelyn used her own magic to retrieve kitchen utensils, plates, cups, napkins, the works. She seemed to manipulate them out the room, following them from a distance, keeping them within eyesight as she inched closer to the exit of the kitchen, so to leave Andrea by herself. "I'm not known for shirking my manners, you see."  She wondered if the little temporary bait and switch would make Andrea frustrated, or more wanting. Only time would tell.

It was quite disappointing that Evelyn didn’t continue their little game, but it was probably for the better considering the food was ready, perhaps they could continue their little world play after eating. Andrea watched Evelyn use her own magic to set the table and she only watched as the blonde’s magic did all the work.

“Well, then I suppose we should eat, and I should make that lovely apple strudel.” Andrea said with a smirk on her face. She looked at the stove once more and prepared an apple strudel quickly, this time she didn’t even bother to turn on the oven like she had done previously to make the rice. She was enjoying the company, it was fun and challenging, especially now, and perhaps that was Evelyn’s game all along, Andrea was enjoying it too much.

She approached Evelyn and served the rice before the apple strudel landed on the table was well ready to be consumed.

With a simple flick of her wrist, everything started to come together in the living room. A proper tablecloth was placed over the portion of the table the blonde intended for them to have their meal in; plates were placed on opposite sides of that same table, indicating the pair would be facing each other; the utensils and everything else soon followed in its proper place, placement perfect to the millimeter. She left it for Andrea to serve the food, but walked around the table to what would be her friend's seat so to pull the chair back and hold it for her. "If you would."

Moving back to her own seat without missing a beat once her friend was properly seated, she settled down across from her. "I need to give you a tour of the house afterwards. I would have done so beforehand, but I believe our stomachs would wind up protesting that little detour quite loudly." She joked with her trademark charming smile while serving both their own drink of choice.

Andy watched as the blonde prepared the living room for their feast, well, it could hardly be called a feast, but it was still a fantastic dish, one that Andy knew how to prepare to perfection. Everything seemed perfect, just like the house and everything around, it would be the sort of thing that Andy disliked, perhaps because she was not used to it, but now she looked at it differently.

“Thank you. Andy said as she took her seat. She eyed Evelyn with a smile on her lips. Andy waved a hand, unlike before where she had barely lifted a finger and the food was now served, for them, hopefully, she had gotten the proportions right, in any case, there was plenty of food.

“Food and drinks bring people together, it’s always better to start with a nice meal don’t you think?” she said winking at the blonde across from her. “But for what I’ve seen I bet the rest of this house is just as perfect as this living room.” She commented with a smile.

“Thanks.” She thanked Evelyn for pouring the drinks. “I hope you enjoy the food as much as I’m enjoying the company.”

Perfection. Indeed, Evelyn has always strived for every single aspect of her life to appear picture perfect to any outsider, and of course that included her manor. Not a speck of dust in sight, every item seemingly arranged deliberately with attention to detail and not a single centimeter out of place. Everything to hide what truly went on behind closed doors; and that encounter between herself and Andrea made quite the lovely parallel to her life, and how she carried herself. She couldn't help but cherish that similarity - it made things easier, and had her wait with bated breath what was to come. She could only hope it would become a recurring event.

"I'm sure it will lovely, you're not one to disappoint." The blonde ended up complimenting as she reached for the proper utensils. "And I must thank you for the compliment. I will ensure you're well acquainted with every corner of my residence by the time you depart. If you're to visit me more often, you'll have to know every room by heart, won't you?" A smile spread upon her lips as she spoke, and as she finished talking, she finally could indulge in the meal; as far as she was concerned, it was just the appetizer.

Andy watched Evelyn with a smile on her lips. It was so nice to have some company for a change, at least she now knew someone in town. As the woman reached for her utensils, Andrea’s smile grew bigger. There was something about Evelyn that Andrea couldn’t figure it out, but Andy wasn’t the one to worry too much about something that wasn’t her problem, if in the future became her problem, she would have to deal with it accordingly.

Andy reached out for her utensils as Evelyn spoke about letting Andy know all corners of the house, Andy enjoyed the idea very much. A smile grew wider on the brunette’s face as the blond continued to talk. Evelyn was a smooth talker, Andy couldn’t say the same thing about herself, she enjoyed playing but there were times where the predator needs to take the prey. “I wouldn’t expect any less.” she commented winking at Evelyn. “And perhaps next time I visit won’t be such short notice.” she commented looking at Evelyn. "Can't wait to take a look at all those corners." 

"In due time." It was finally time to start eating. Evelyn took a bit out of the meal her friend had cooked, and ingested it prior to speaking up once again. "It seems you've passed your challenge with flying colors, Miss Riverpond. Congratulations." She compliment, reaching for her glass and making a light air cheering motion before taking a sip. It truly was a delicious meal, but as far as she was concerned, it paled in comparison to what was to come.

"Now that we're properly seated, would you be so kind as to fully fill me in on what you've been doing these past few years? We haven't seen each other much at all, and this is as good time as any to catch up, wouldn't you say?" As she spoke, she scooted mildly closer to the table and readjusted her sitting position for comfort -- although not exclusively. It had the dual purpose of ensuring a lesser gap between them under the table itself. It was time for a little flirting to commence. The blonde's right foot lightly stretched out and moved, from left to right, almost in slow motion, trying to see if Andrea's legs or feet were anywhere to be found.

Andy loved hearing those words, obviously, she was going to pass the challenge, Andy always passes the challenges, usually on top. She picked her glass and did as Evelyn did. “Well thank you, I always deliver.” She said winking at the blonde in front of her.

As Evelyn spoke Andy took a bite of her food, as she was prepared to answer she felt the gentle touch of Evelyn’s foot on her leg. Andrea leaned on the table to look at the woman, shortening the distance between the two. “Well after graduation I decided to linger around VMU a little while longer until I decided it was enough and here I am.” She said as she tried to reach Evelyn’s leg.

“I assume your job is rather stressful, what do you do around here to, relieve the stress?” Andy asked with a smile on her lips. “You already showed me around, but I want the good stuff.” She said as she winked at Evelyn.

Evelyn could easily make the assumption that Andrea had studied for some sort of teaching degree, without even peeking into her mind; but given that she had been there at the same time as her shorter friend as well back in the day, it was more than obvious that there had been far more to it than that. Evelyn's time in college had been somewhat shorter than average due to the type of employment she was pursuing, which was why the two had lost contact. 'Truth be told, I don't remember actually asking her what she was majoring in...'

Pupils dilated as she felt what she deemed pleasant contact pushing against her own leg after the successful attempt of starting a little game of footsie under that dinner table. The effect it had was a bit jarring - she hadn't expected the desire to grow exponentially, but perhaps that was merely an effect of having focused on work for so long. Nevertheless, she kept a straight face, the only indicator of approval being her own foot continuing to rub against the woman's calf.

"It depends. If I'm on my own, I normally read a book. If I'm with company as pleasant as yourself, however, I give myself permission to be more creative." She discreetly hastened the consumption of her meal. The sooner that appetizer was done with, the sooner she could get to the main course. "Although, I appreciate any input you may have. You could say I enjoy trying new things."

Andy continues to eat as she played with Evelyn, her foot gently touching the blonde as the caressed the woman’s leg gently. The quicker they got the food out of the way the sooner they could do other things. It was unusual for Andy to do such a thing, especially with a woman with Evelyn’s marital status, but she didn’t judge, their play was consensual.

“Reading a book is always the best choice I suppose.” She commented as she watched Evelyn eat the food. Andy bit her lower lip as she took a look at her blonde companion. "I’m always open to trying new things as well.” Andre spoke. Her voice was relatively lower than what it was before. She was far more curious about what Evelyn suggest, whatever it would Andy had a feeling she was going to enjoy.

The brunette took a sip of her drink and eyes the other woman. “Do you have any suggestions, or, perhaps should I suggest something?” Andy leaned forward on the table resting her head on her hand.

"Perhaps you should." Said Evelyn as the lovely meal progressively disappeared from her plate. It briefly occurred to her that she was eating too fast (despite impeccable composure), but at that point she couldn't care any less for it - they had both waited more than long enough. It was rare when the blonde got impatient at her very own brand of teasing; but, as fate would have it, the mere touch of their legs was enough to send her mind into disarray. Had she been overworking herself that hard? For a workaholic such as herself, it was quite jarring to notice her body had its limits.

"I aim to please, you see." She continued just before finishing lunch, finally allowing her gaze to fixate on the Professor's. Legilimency allowed her to read Andrea's mind on what such 'suggestions' could possibly be, but for once, she shut the spell down. The surprise always served for a good portion of the excitement, after all.

Andy looked at Evelyn and played with her fork as she watched Evelyn. The smile on Andy’s grew wider as the brunette watched the blonde like a predator watches its prey. “Well, I am assuming we’re on the same page.” She commented as she pulled away from the table. Andy was pretty sure that they both wanted the same thing, her intuition never let her down before.

She walked around the table and positioned herself behind Evelyn and put her hands on the blonde’s shoulders and began rubbing them gently. “Someone’s stress.” Andy leaned her head a bit further and spoke softly in Evelyn’s ear as she continued to give her old friend a message if Andy was correct about their intentions they wouldn’t need to wait much longer.