School Status:
Tallygarunga: Term One, VMU: Semester One

House Points

Sturt
Flinders
Spencer
Bourke
pxmBtN.png
An AU non-canon Harry Potter-inspired forum roleplay set in Australia.
THE AUSTRALIAN HOME OF MAGIC

Melbourne ☆ Journalist at The Mage Newspaper, WriterKirupachi
25 year old Muggleborn Human ☆ She/Her

It unfortunately took Diana nearly a whole month to be able to visit her brother again in school, a fact she chastised herself for. What kind of sister was she? It didn't matter if she got proverbially buried by work and people of interest that she had to follow through on, she actually needed to make an effort to be there for the kid at every step of the way. Even if it had been years, Merlin knew what kind of damage she had caused to his psyche after yanking him away from their parents without consent; the least she could do would be to actually be there for him and ensure he'd never feel isolated again.

Isolation. That was something she needed in copious amounts. She felt like she talked enough to people for a lifetime over the course of February, but at the moment, that had to wait. Her school sources (what an odd thing to call them) had informed her that an old friend managed to attain a job in its premises; in the Hospital Ward, no less, wherein she was presently walking, heading straight for the nurse's office. Her former roommate and close friend made her grand return to Narragyambie and hadn't informed her. That couldn't stand! She was the last person she had to meet before swiping left on the demanding realm that was socialization.

It was almost unlike Diana to feel so giddy about surprising someone like this - but to be fair, she hadn't seen the girl in years. And that long wait was about to end! The journalist opened the door to the office silently, peeking her head out from behind it and surveying the room, having a look-see to find Olivia.

Tally Staff ☆ School NurseTecri
25 year old Halfbreed Veela ☆ She/Her/Hers

Liv was attending to some students, apparently quidditch practice seemed to be more violent than it was in her days, and she didn’t graduate Tally that long ago, it had only been eight years since she left the place to attend VMU, so much has changed. All kids resting a bit before she could send them off to their doom, or quidditch practice, she decided to do the inventory.

She had to start making some potions soon, they were running out of some potions. As Liv wrote in a little notebook she wondered if it was time to contact her friends, it had been a while since they spoke, she also hadn’t told anyone she was going to travel, except for one close friend, perhaps it’s time to talk to her, maybe even surprise her. Liv stopped writing as she started think about her friends, a huge smile plastered on her face before turned around and began humming a song.

The young woman sent most of her student back to practice, for those who planned on continuing. As she turned around she saw a familiar face peeking, it was clear that the nurse’s smile only grew a bigger as she seen the pretty blond girl. “Diana!” she said, both surprised and thrilled to see her again. “I was just thinking about you.” She said as she put everything down and walked over to Diana to hug her.

Fortune wasn't at her side - Olivia happened to be looking in that general direction the moment Diana peeked into the room, effectively putting to rest the surprise greeting prank she had concocted in her head. It didn't bother her too much though, as her friend made a beeline towards her. The journalist managed to make her way into the room just in time to be embraced by Olivia, something she gleefully reciprocated.

"Hey!" She greeted, cheeks turning scarlet as she thoroughly enjoyed the hug. It had been way too long! The grin on her face wouldn't go away as she pulled back to get a good look at her friend. "Just thinking about me isn't enough, is it? I missed you! How have you been?" She wanted to hear all about Olivia's travels, so much so she forgot the woman was supposed to be working then rather than chatting with her.

Olivia couldn’t stop smiling, Diana’s face always seemed to cheer her up. “I was literally just wondering if it was finally time to show up to surprise you.” She said cheerfully. “But you were faster, Olivia confessed. She leaned on a table and watched Diana, she had missed everyone, and it had been a tough couple of years, always traveling, the world was more dangerous than she had anticipated.

“I missed you too, but you know, I wanted to settle in, get used to the place here, or else I’d be running back to everyone too scared to face this alone.” She didn’t like to leave her comfort zone, she did to search for her parents but now what she wanted the most was to feel at home in a new place or all she ever does is running away from what makes her uncomfortable. 

“I’ve been good, the kids keep me busy but that doesn’t mean we can’t have a girl’s weekend. Fancy dinner, popcorn, and ice cream? A movie while we curl on the couch like old times? How does that sound?” Olivia proposed as she missed the good times they had. "And how about you? How's work going?"

Letting go of her friend, Diana turned just enough to close the door to (more) unexpected guests. She was going to hog Olivia's time, and that was that. She wouldn't hear anything otherwise! Her eyes analyzed the room to see if she had been interrupting anything when she first peeked in, not wanting to eat into work hours if she could help it.

"Work's... Work, you know? But it gave me connections, and that's why I'm here." She reached for the lanyard hanging from her neck, holding up the laminated journalist ID she had to carry. Information was her game, and Olivia couldn't hide from her! Of course, the fact that it was her brother who told her could just remain a mystery for the sake of personal amusement. She then let go of the card and clasped her hands behind her back. "Anyway, we could definitely have a night in!" The two had always been the type to stay indoors rather than explore the nightlife; and from the looks of it, it hadn't changed one bit.

"Actually, let me make that idea all the sweeter. I got an apartment a few months ago, and you should visit! Plus, I got a half-Kneazle now. His name is Brownie. You'll love him, I'm sure." Diana was pretty positive the feeling would be shared, as the little pet seemed to be affectionate towards the people she genuinely cared about. "Would this weekend be okay? You can just sleep over if you want, since my brother's room isn't really being used right now."

Olivia smiled, at least if she ever goes missing she knows Diana will try her hardest to find her, which was good, Diana was the best friend one could ever hope for. “Well you’re clearly very good at your job, I bet if I disappeared you’d find me so fast I wouldn’t have time to leave the country.Liv said joking about it, but she believed it to be true, Diana was good at her job and her connections were that good. When Diana agreed to their night in Olivia was thrilled. “I can already smell the popcorn for tomorrow. Should I also take something? My aunt has the best wine collections, as you probably know.”

Liv was imagining the popcorns when Diana mentioned that she had gotten an apartment. “Wow, that’s amazing! I'm glad everything is turning out well for you. I live in a dorm here at school, or at my aunt’s house whenever I need to peace.” She said. Liv loved working at the school and loved living there but sometimes it was just too much, sometimes kids were loud and not only the kids. As she heard that Diana had a pet Liv got a little bit excited. “Can’t wait to pet that cute little thing.”

When Diana asked if the current week would do, Liv nod agreeing with the plan. “Sure, thanks. If I have a situation, I’ll have to come back real quick but that doesn’t mean we can’t have our fun.” Olivia said spinning once before turning back to Diana. “Aside from my presence here at the school, what else brings you to Narrie?”

"Do you remember my little brother?" Diana was fairly positive that she had introduced the two; then again, he was much younger looking then. The fact she didn't seem to remember him indicated that the boy hadn't gotten himself in any accidents as of late which was quite the relieving piece of information to say the least. "He's a Fourth Year in here now, and I visit him regularly. No offense, but I hope you two won't be meeting anytime soon." She chuckled at her own little joke. If all went well, the boy would get through school unscathed, although it felt somewhat reassuring to have someone like Olivia watching over him.

"But anyway, tomorrow is a no go for me. Like I said, the weekend. I can actually talk sense into my editor to let me have a small break from work then." With a little luck. They were always swamped at that time of the year, unfortunately; moreso with the ongoing Summer disasters through the state. But maybe, just maybe, they could have their much needed girl's night in during the upcoming Saturday night. "You really don't need to bring anything. My treat!" She declared with a wide smile.

Now that made sense, she hadn’t even considered the fact that Diana’s brother would be a student at Tally. “I remember your brother but I haven’t seen him yet so maybe that’s why I didn’t figure out you’re here because he told you.” She said looking at Diana, now it was clear how Diana got the information. “I hope he doesn’t get hurt anytime soon either, but if he needs anything he can always come and visit me.” She offered. She didn’t have to be just the school nurse, she could as easily help them with other problems, in case they needed.

“Well you know where to find me, or just give me a call.” She said. She could have sworn that tomorrow was the weekend, maybe she’s just lost in time. “Tomorrow isn’t the weekend? God, I need to find a calendar.” She said a bit confused, it was probably because she spent so time at school it was hard to say which day it was.

She smiled at Diana, who was naïve enough to believe that Liv wasn’t going to take anything. “You know I will, you can’t stop me.”

Was Olivia's work so stressing that she was losing track of time? Diana was fortunate (or unfortunate?) enough not to suffer from the same issue - ever second of her time was usually planned head, usually by her editor whom sent her out on strange reports and errands. How she wished she had more of her own time and freedom to pick and choose her stories. Maybe some day. It was the sacrifice she had to make for the time being in order to climb the career ladder at that point, however, and she was okay with that.

"Let's compromise." Diana offered, leaning back on one of the medicine counters with extra care so not to knock over anything on top of it. "You don't bring anything, but you pick the movies. And if I don't have them, you can bring them instead." She did need to increase her own collection, but there was a little priority she had to take care of first: ensuring her brother wasn't lacking anything.

Olivia was completely lost in time, perhaps it would be good for her to go back home for a little, spending too much time at school was not good for her. She took a deep breath, knowing full well that her aunt was going to annoy her for not paying attention to time or herself, Live couldn’t say it was easy, but it shouldn’t be too hard to get back on track, she just needed to find a calendar, or something that would remind her of the time.

When Diana spoke, Liv stared at her. “Okay, but next time it’s on me. Deal?” she asked Diana with a smile on her face, she couldn’t wait to pick the movie, hopefully, it was something that Diana would enjoy as much as she did. “So, about that movie, what type of movies do you enjoy? I’m not going to choose a horror movie if you’re not into them.” She said, unsure if Diana was fond of horror or action.

That was a tricky question. What movies did Diana like? One could say it was as easy as replying with complete honesty, if not for the fact the journalist was deeply ashamed of her guilty pleasure: romantic comedies. She would go with that little piece of information to the grave if she could. And so, she had to make something up.

"Uh... Nothing like that, I can be quite jumpy." She admitted. "Just let me know what you like and I'll say if it's good for me or not, I'm not that picky or anything." A fair compromise. She would dodge having to reveal her secret and would please her friend with the choice of movie! Two birds, one stone.

Liv chuckled when Diana said that he was jumpy, there was no shame in that, everyone likes what they like, Liv didn’t mind watching anything, as long as it was interesting she could watch a documentary for all she cared.

When Diana asked her what she liked Liv had to think for a while, she liked so many things that it was a bit hard to actually say what she enjoyed watching. “We can always watch a comedy. It’s not scary and it can be amusing.” She proposed to Diana. “We can always watch something more dramatic and pray that we won’t end up crying.” She joked, but it had happened before.

“So? Any of those sound good to you?” she asked to make sure she could bring a less funny movie and a more dramatic one, and just maybe they didn’t end up crying because some sad thing happened.