School Status:
Tallygarunga: Term One, VMU: Semester One

House Points

Sturt
Flinders
Spencer
Bourke
pxmBtN.png
An AU non-canon Harry Potter-inspired forum roleplay set in Australia.
THE AUSTRALIAN HOME OF MAGIC

Spencer ☆ Guitarist/Vocalist - Local School Hero!✩ Kaitore
19 year old Halfbreed Sorceraic ☆ HE/HIM

"Plenty of things that need to be unearthed and seen. Er. . . Of course, somethings need to stay buried and not seen." Alex laughed slightly as he rubbed the back of his neck, the thought of running into a Sphinx or something equally as deadly hadn't been on the list of things he wanted to encounter. Well. . . Not yet at least, not until he'd been fully whole. "We can't let magical seamstresses lose their jobs here, you know. Besides, they probably have a much better style than a shirt and some corduroys." He offered a teasing wink towards her directions. "I wouldn't say a bard! Just a really artistic person, yea, that fits much better. Less about the ever grandeur storytelling and more with the music and the painting." He nodded smoothly. "She's actually going to be one of the advisors for the club.

He found it hadn't been uncommon to miss such an artifact, it had to be something someone really had to pay attention to with the way it'd been situated in the room. Not to mention in the last couple years there hadn't been any extravagant enough pranks that the entire house would notice and be in awe on when it entered the chronicle. "Oh, yea. One of the largest troublemakers in his time at that I believe. Hahaha, I'd say they know how turn off the kid in them when it's time. But most times it's pretty much as if they've never really grown old! Hell, could even say more dangerously seasoned too." Somehow, Alan's drunken escaped at the conference had made it around the school, even kids in the Bilby ran around hopping on tables yelling, 'I AM BATMAN!'. 

"Thank Merlin's beard. . ." A sigh of relief exhausted from him. The last thing he'd wanted to see for Max had been someone like his sister after her with a dagger of spite or. . . The Dagger of Smite. 

"I'm sure it hurt someone? Maybe?" He snickered, the domino effect when it came to chaos always had been the unexpected outcome. That had been him thinking more from recent experience. "They often say two heads are better than one. Unless you're a two-headed cyclops, then you probably might need four.

Spencer ☆ StudentTecri
16 year old Muggleborn Human ☆ she/her

“Well, bards do need to look fabulous for their glory days, perhaps someone with a better sense of style would be better.” She commented, agreeing with Alex. Max had zero fashion sense, so it would be obvious that someone with a better fashion sense should be the one coming up with that sort of clothes. She was intrigued about that other person, he said she wasn’t a bard which was a shame, she wouldn’t have dislike meeting one in real life and not just in games. “Well, that’s a bit disappointing, but just because I really wanted to meet a real-life bard, but as long as she’s nice.”

She had no idea that the headmaster himself had been such a legend. “Wel,l that’s a surprise. I don’t know much about anything here I just try to keep my head down, since last issues but that definitely makes me more comfortable if I ever decide to play a couple of pranks.” She spoke with a slight excitement, not only because the headmaster was okay with pranks but because she knew she wasn’t going to get kicked out for doing anything.

Max was not exactly happy by hurting someone unless it was a mistake or a miscalculation. “I mean, on purpose, I’d be against it, I mean…” she said shrugging, it was a topic that she really wasn’t comfortable with. “I don’t think four cyclopes would accomplish much, they’d just be in the way of each other.” she spoke, looking away innocently. 

"Well, before, they had rags, right? In a time where fashion and let's face it. . . Good sense had been fleeting! But now? There's no excuse NOT to be a fabulous bard. You need to been and heard!" Maybe this had started to go over the top? But the idea had already taken a special life of its own. And, it at least had been one that could drum up business to the often forgotten magical seamstresses that probably hid away in small shacks or apartments. "She's nice, a bit of a troublemaker but I think that's a descriptor for most people that rolled out of Tallygarunga." Alexander chuckled briefly. "But I think we can probably catch some of her work at her gallery.

"No one decided to drop some knowledge on you? Oh. . . Max, Max, Max. . . You're missing out on so much. I can't, in good conscious, let you go ignorant for so long! I'd be doing a bad job as the oldest Spencer." He nodded sagely several times. "Doesn't mean we won't get in trouble but it does mean we won't get excommunicated and tossed out into the bush without any issues." Part of him did wonder just how much trouble he and Cass would've gotten into for their own prank had it gone through without life biting at the heels. 

"Ha!" A single laugh pushed from him. "Who knows, they may end up trying to figure out which head was actually right or try to plan some kind of betrayal, one head to another." His hand rose up slightly with an extended finger. "But, you know, with their dependency on one another for full vision, they might end up surprising you! By surprise, I mean, one might stare in your window and the other through the door.

Spencer ☆ StudentTecri

“You have to admit that the bards of the old days were pretty awesome, I even imagine most of them didn’t even have actual magic, it just their words and songs had a life of their own.” She spoke like a true dreamer, someone who needed to have their feet nailed to the ground before they could start flying off somewhere with their ideas of songs and stories. The woman he mentioned seemed like she had been a former Spencer. “I assume former Spencer as well and I’d love to see her art, I bet it’s amazing. Max said. She had no idea who he was talking about, but it seemed like a busy person.

She just looked at Alex with sad eyes. “No, by the time I got here I had an ultimatum.” She commented. “Behave or it’s muggle school for you!” she said trying to imitate a stern voice. “But I would love to learn and be ignorant no more.” She announced. No one could do much about her not being book smart but at least she could learn a few tricks when it came to pranks. “I live for trouble.” She said, with a proud voice. “I can already imagine the outcome.”

“Okay, that just became creepy.” She laughed as she spoke. Having someone look at her through the window? And another person through the door? Eww. “But cyclops are big, you know what they say about big people. The bigger they are the harder they’ll fall.”

"I did remember one person before telling me, 'Magic happens in the words as much as they do from a Wizard's wand.' I imagine it's the same kind of thing. Music and the long tales don't have the same impact now as they probably had then. But they still have the impact!" Lost arts such as the Bardic colleges were something that could never truly be brought back, however, admiration for the dedication will probably last for quite sometime even if the tales spoken by their lips had been unable to be retrieved. "Nope, Sturt claimed her soul. You'd be surprised to know that there are equally amount of troublemakers in Sturt as there are in Spencer. Just. . . More subtle.

Alexander's arms crossed against his chest for a moment while his head tilted towards her, the ever so sympathetic tilt at that. That didn't sound like the kind of leash a Wizard or Witch should have to deal with. "So, what you're saying is. . . I'd need to break you out of the Muggle school? It will be a bit of a challenge if it needs to happen but I've got some skills!" His fingers grazed at the edge of his collar as he popped it in a self posturing way. "Hahaha, good! And don't worry about getting in trouble, if it comes down to it, I'll take the full heat." He gave her a smooth wink. There had been a benefit in being in the good graces of the few weight slinging people in the school. "How about during the break after Term One ends? That's some time in April, the Roo would probably be really packed at that time which means good place to pick a small corner to plan in.

His hands rose up as if to claim a somatic innocence. "It isn't my fault! Blame the creep cyclopes'!" A grin touched his lips while he allowed for his shoulders to relax. There had been a lot of things they said about 'Big people', mostly about their 'shoe size'. "They also like to crush, stompy, stompy. You're going to have work on those reflexes if we ever encounter some drooling one. Especially if they just carry around a tree trunk like a mobster carries around a baseball bat.

Spencer ☆ StudentTecri

“The power of imagination and storytelling is pretty much the same, while wizards can make it happen storytellers can make people believe.” It was all a matter of perspective. Max wasn’t too good with words, she couldn’t write stories, but a song can also tell a story to make others believe. She was surprised when he mentioned the woman was a Sturt, she always saw them as somewhat condescending, sure some weren’t that bad, but they were always so strict that it was almost painful to talk to them. “I wouldn’t have guessed, they are always so…uptight.” She confessed, but then again no one plans a heist or a murderer while everyone is watching.

She laughed at the thought of someone breaking her out of muggle school. “Now that you so kindly volunteered I am expecting you to break me out of muggle school, no turning back, but I can’t also let you take all the heat, is that even fair?” she said crossing her arms. She certainly wouldn’t feel good if someone was to take the heat for her, sharing the blame was always a safest option, even if neither of them had the ‘cute’ factor on their side, if they were kids, perhaps, as teens all that glamour of being small and cute faded the way the moment they turned twelve. “But for what you told me I don’t think I’ll be going to a normal school anytime soon.” She said, and she put her hand on her hips.

Going to the Drunken Roo seemed like a safe choice, the crowd wouldn’t let them be heard by most people. “Sounds good, at least the sound from others will disguise ours.” She said with a mischievous smirk, planning a prank was always fun, she could admit that planning it was half the fun and the other half was the adrenaline.

The thought of encountering some cyclopes was a disturbing one, at the same time it could be interesting, but deadly at the same time. “I don’t need to run faster than them, I just need to run faster than the other poor soul that I somehow convinced to come with me.” She said with an amused look on her face.

"I'd say non-wizards can make it happen in their own way." It had always been a matter of perspective, in this particular case, it'd been the difference between reality and creativity. "Wizards can make it happen so that it persists in actuality, but those in the Muggle world probably etched plays and epics about them. The kind of stories that made people relive them year after year, era after era. It's pretty interesting when you think about it." He smiled gently towards her as his hand weaved through his own hair. "They tend to hold those kinds of tale and things a lot closer than our own society, to us, they're just 'Things that happened', to them, they're fantasies to enlighten." It seemed almost every story or piece of literature written to inspire as a Bard would had been to unveil some kind of truth to others. "Ahahaha, I know what you mean about the Sturts. A lot of them are either stuffy or stuck up." Maybe even a bit of both, now that several examples popped in his mind. 

Alex snickered and he shrugged casually. "What even is fair? I find I can talk my way out of most situations. I tend to have that kind of spark with most people." There'd always been the once in a while where there had been someone he couldn't get through to, but he'd already had that kind of a hard-headed spell last year. What had been the chances that it would occur again so soon? Life couldn't be that cruel, could it? A sly smirk touched his lips. "That's good then, I would hate to have to actually make up a blueprint of how to break you out. It'd be like some kind of badly designed movie that went straight to DVD." Not that it would be that difficult, but nothing could be counted as fun without a bit of a fantastical display. 

He nodded in agreement while he pressed his hands into the pockets of his jeans. "That was my thinking! It'd look less suspicious since people would expect others to huddle up to hear one another better in a loud environment, right? It's pretty ingenious." The chance of being overheard had been more unlikely even when there would be a larger attendance. 

"Hehehe, cruel yet effective! Just remember, though, the one with some firm rope and quick reflexes holds the upper hand on the person running away!" He couldn't say for certain if such a juvenile trick would actually work on a cyclops, especially without sufficient enough strength to even make such a slime attempt truly effective in the moment. The thought had been an equally funny one all the same.