School Status:
Tallygarunga: Term One, VMU: Semester One

House Points

Sturt
Flinders
Spencer
Bourke
pxmBtN.png
An AU non-canon Harry Potter-inspired forum roleplay set in Australia.
THE AUSTRALIAN HOME OF MAGIC

Spencer ☆ StudentTecri
16 year old Muggleborn Human ☆ she/her

It had been a while since Max had paid attention to a class and had answered a couple of questions, she was … proud? No that’s not the right word but it’s better than nothing. She left class and dropped her things back at her dorm, the whole thing to herself, she didn’t have a roommate that year, it was fantastic having a room all to herself, she could leave her things everywhere in the room.

She took her violin and walked around school, first stopped by the library to pick a few books she had to read for one of her classes, better start paying attention if she wants out of that place and onto VMU, but she had to wait a whole year and try not to fail any classes, which was going to be the hardest part.

She got to the courtyard and sat on the grass under a tree, she decided to rest before practicing, and it was when she was crawling with doubts, maybe she should have gone to the musiciary to practice, they did have a piano there. She leaned her back against the tree and closed her eyes for a few minutes to feel the soft summer breeze. Opening her eyes, completely motivated she began playing her violin, no dancing involved this time.

The sound caused a few students to look at her, she wasn’t too pleased about the situation, but she wasn’t going to let them ruin her day, besides, the look on people’s face realizing a Spencer was playing the violin was priceless, wasn't that uncommon and it was a fairly common knowledge, but apparently it wasn't as common as she thought, seeing how some were looking at her, which amused her. 

Spencer ☆ Guitarist/Vocalist - Local School Hero!✩ Kaitore
19 year old Halfbreed Sorceraic ☆ HE/HIM

A -HEADACHE-, How else was he supposed to explain the way his time at Tallygarunga had been since it all kicked off again for his Seventh year? Between trying to chase boys away from Lorelei to give her a bit of time to learn and understand the way things work in this new domain for her as well as trying (In vain at that) to keep Lauren in line so that her and Adele wouldn't have some all out slumber knocker? He had a sense of exhaustion that he hadn't even been aware of existed. Who would've known that him dodging the 'I may or may not die' bullet would end up placing him in the position of being the familial peace keeper. 

'I'm pretty sure, Lauren is just aiming to take every tantrum snipe she can at Adele too. . . Probably doesn't help I am in no better favorable light.' It didn't seem as if the newly minted teen rebel had any specific issue with him but maybe it was better to say she didn't exactly -care- either. 

The sun had been out and for his own personal critique? He hated to wasted a good day like today not enjoying the presence of the light and having the strings of his guitar plucked by his fingers. He hadn't finished designing just the right kind of pick to even touch this new beauty of his and it couldn't be something store bought or substandard in material either. His mind had been torn away from what would be good and practical choices from the soft melody that emitted from what he could easily tell by ear alone, a Violin. 

There hadn't been that violinist's around now that he thought about it, had there? His steps were deliberately soft as he approached from the other side of the tree where Maxine had been playing and a smirk curved on his lips. He hadn't always been the one to say a vocal, 'Hello', when the presence of music had been in the making and he had no reason to start that kind of thing now. In a smooth motion he pressed his back against the trunk of the tree while standing up,  left leg bent slightly and pressed the sole of his show against it to help in stabilizing his guitar as he shifted to rest the base of it against his leg, just at the curve of the instrument. 

It held a deep emerald shine, the edges of it growing into a darker tint of the color while the center of it had been bright and vibrant. A twisted reminder for him, something he knew no one would actually get the meaning behind. His fingers slide along the fretboard while the headstock fashioned a vibrant blood-red braid twisted in an elegant fashion that added an even further personalized touch to the instrument that he held close to his body. 

Alexander waited, following the melody that vibrated through the air as if he could feel the very notes lift off and surround him and then proceeded to piggyback with a complimentary set of notes to the much more classical instrument. Then he took the sudden jump by tossing his vocals in. "I've got sunshine~ On a cloudy day~, When it's cold outside~ I've got the month of May~" Leave it to him to try and showboat in a show that wasn't even including him in the program!

Spencer ☆ StudentTecri

She continued her solo, not even realizing that someone else approached her, she was too focused on the violin to even notice Alex approaching, she just continued with the melody. When she heard another sound, one that resembled a guitar, she was surprised at first but never stopped playing, she simply continued.

The two sounds together had a great melody, who knew a guitar and a violin sounded good together. She got up and decided to take a look at her new music buddy, she smiled at Alex as he decided to throw in some lyrics, at all she did was accompany him with her violin, she should join him with some lyrics, if she actually knew all of them, besides he probably had a better singing voice than she did.

Their little show only attracted more people, there were more students looking in their direction, not that she minded some attention, she was enjoying all the attention, but it wasn’t her plant, her plan was just to practice a little. She hadn’t been practicing enough, guitar maybe, but the violin had been forgotten for a few months. Max sat back down on her spot as she continues to accompany Alex and waited for him to sing the rest of the song.

It hadn't been his first time trying to harmonize with another strings, luckily it had also been the Violin. It meant that he had a bit of a personal awareness of how each chord would sound, each melodic that flowed from the classy instrument. He had to thank Iris for that kind of an exposure, never having a partner before that he could bounce ideas off of and also played an instrument different than his own. Of course, his personal acquaintance with teaching himself a bit had also earned him a better purview than just the ability of a talented ear. 

Alexander followed suit through the lyrics uninterrupted which had been a good sign, he knew there had been no way to ignore that his presence had been around. He had been even more sure of it when Max had shuffled to her feet and as she flashed her smile, his own brightened up easily for a moment before he continued singing. The people that had gathered around them multiplied, students and a few staff alike that had been passing on by it seemed. He wasn't unaccustomed to such a thing, in fact, it had practically been the environment he took a guilty pleasure within. If the wave of awe had been before him then who was he to ignore it? It had been there to be drunken up with ones talent and soul after all!

Towards the end of the song the strumming of the guitar started to slow down until it halted the only sounds following being the tap of his hand against the tail of the guitar and the snapping of his fingers with the other hand. A way to add more of attention towards the violin. He took a single breath inwards after completing the song and gave flourished bow towards those that had decided to take in the free concert, music didn't always need to be a paid ordeal after all. "Thank you, thank you! We appreciate your support and hope you enjoyed this very impromptu jam fest! Remember to tune into GEVE Productions stuff! Never know when we'll have a new artist on our ever growing label!

He tossed up a peace sign with his fingers with that shameless media plug and then turned towards Max while he held the neck of the guitar. "Nice, kept on moving with it even when someone jumped into your light. Thia and I are thankful for that! Most people would just stop and stare at me like I'm some kind of nutcase." As he spoke the name 'Thia', his hand caressed the headstock to the emerald guitar in a affectionate passion.

Spencer ☆ StudentTecri

The song continued for a while, Max simply continued on her spot playing, this time following the guitar, she knew the song even if she had never practiced it before. She closed her eyes with a smile on her face as she continued to play the instrument. People kept arriving and watching them, that was a lot more fun than she had anticipated, being watched by strangers, there was a certain excitement to it.

At the end of the song she got up and watched as the crowd looked at them. She listened to Alex and was a bit confused but didn’t comment on it. She put her violin down in its case before turning to Alex. “I mean, music is to be shared, what’s the point in playing in a place like this if you can’t let others join you?” she said with a smile as she looked at his guitar. “So you named her Thia, my violin doesn’t have a name, but some people call it ‘useless piece of wood’, sadly they can't understand the melody.“ she said. By some people she meant her mother, that woman hated anything that made any kind of noise. "You play really well and I enjoyed the song." 

“I have a guitar up in my room as well, not as beautiful or fancy as yours, mine’s pretty old.” She spoke. “If there’s a next time I think my guitar will love to be heard, I can't dance while playing it like I can with the violin, throwing in something extra always makes people happy, I think.” She confessed as she admired his guitar, which was obvious since her eyes were fixated on it.

He'd hoped this would drum up more interest for him, something that he wasn't sure if it had been okay for him to do on school grounds given it'd been a personal project in nature. But then that would imply that he cared about getting in trouble for it in the first place. 

Luminescent violet hues turned towards Max with more focus and his lips curled into a smile, she even took quite good care of her instruments! A Musician to admire of the highest order he wagered. "Well, you know how it can be, right? Some people are a bit of a light hog, yours truly not exempt from that at times. Only when I'm really blanking the world around me out though. . . And there are the shy bit of people. One of my friends I actually met by jumping out on a song she'd been singing on her own." He snickered at the way that Iris had looked when he just popped out of the bushes acting as a duet to a song she'd been singing in secret. Deer in headlights couldn't even do the expression proper justice.

"Thank you! I've been playing the Guitar since I was. . . Four, it's helped me through some rough times in my life. Ended up starting to record and sing things around the age of ten and things kind took off from there." As the name 'Thia' had been spoken, his smile shifted to a sadder one. "Oh, yeah. I dedicated her name to someone that had made a pretty massive impact in my life. I don't think I would have gotten through a lot of things if it hadn't been for her. She isn't around anymore so this had been my way of keeping her around a bit, included in my life." He understood that she wasn't 'Gone', but she wasn't -here-. That had been the bigger difference to him. "She would not approve of this kind of admiration though. Hahahaha." The woman's glare had been something he could imagine. 

"My other instruments I leave in my studio back home. I don't think I should carry that much equipment with me other than my guitar." Alex snickered as she complimented the instrument and gave a humble bow. "Thank you, I spent the Summer break and then some working on building her myself. It took a bit." A long, long while of messing up. Good thing he didn't need much sleep at all. It had always been a good thing when someone admired his Guitar, even when he had Sapphire around. But when Thia gained that kind of appraisal it was a different kind of pride that washed over him, as if the woman herself had gotten a fair glance at her importance by others. "Hey, I'm always up for playing random sessions. I actually am starting up a Musician's Club on the ground. Help veterans and people who want to just learn and understand. Spark up some love for Musiciary in the school for those with a bit more time on their hand.

Damn it, he'd been doing it again, turning into an utter musical geek. He took in a deep breath and an embarrassed smile shifted on his lips. "Aha, sorry about that. I tend to get out of hand a bit. . . But if you're looking to take a bit of exposure in things you can always swing by my Studio at my home. I run kind of a hobby of production with my wife."

Spencer ☆ StudentTecri

“I know some people like the spotlight way too much, so yeah, but I always appreciate some company.” She commented. “I see you have proficiency in finding people who are inclined to do music.” She said chuckling. Meeting someone like that wasn’t something she had in mind, but she couldn’t deny that it wasn’t a bad way to meet others or to befriend them either.

She heard as he spoke about playing the guitar since a young child. “I got my violin when I was eight, so I’ve been practicing since then … the guitar, I learned to play three or four years ago.” She said. She didn’t have any glamorous story about why she wanted to play or why she was even interested in doing so, it was an escape, something different. Naming a guitar after someone seemed to be what some people did. “I mean, I understand why she wouldn’t approve.” She said, trying not to say that it could be considered slightly creepy, however, he didn’t have that vibe and was probably something innocent.

“What else do you play? If it’s okay.” She asked. She also played the piano, but it wasn’t like she could carry a piano around with her, and she also didn’t have space in her room. Building a guitar from scratch sounded like a lot of trouble, something she wouldn’t have the patience and the skill to do so.

She was brought back to earth by the mention of the music club, which was where she stopped looking at the guitar and looked at Alex. “Musician’s Club? I signed up my name there, Maxine Williams.” She said with a proud smile. “I’ve been sneaking into the Judiciary to use the piano.” She confessed, and she probably wasn’t the only one sneaking in there.

When he apologized she chuckled. “It’s clearly something you love doing, you don’t need to apologize for it. Thank you for the offer, I will take you up on that one day.”

Alexander tapped the side of his nose in a gentle press. "The nose knows. Or. . .Maybe the ears hear, both are probably pretty accurate." He laughed bashfully while the edge of his nail scratched at the indention next to his nose. "It's a pretty odd truth to it though.  Sometimes I just drop in on people like that or somehow end up pulling out that someone is secretly a musical virtuoso. It's sad when people start to hide that kind of talent." Like his Sister or deny that they shouldn't play anymore like Améa. The rhythm and muse of music had been one of the ways that people of different cultures and places connected, something that had been different everywhere and yet universal in understanding its purpose. 

"Ahaha, She was a very er. . . Practical woman, I guess is the easiest way to describe the kind of personality about her." It had also been the fact that she'd been more alien in thinking on typical 'Mortal' reasons. "She'd probably give me a bewildered look and wonder why such a thing would need to be memorialized." Perhaps it had been a bit odd when he hadn't considered all the facts and reasoning behind why he decided to follow the choice to do so. A small smile curved on his lips. "Mmm... Let's see... I can also play the Drums, Violin, Piano, and I actually use other kind of ways to generate musical tunes. You know, tapping on benches or trashcans, the good ol' wine glasses and water trick.

There had been many ways to generate a melodic sound that could vibrate in the ears and throttle the soul into a rhythmic enjoyment. It reminded him of that one time he'd went to the park with Gerry. That seemed so long ago and that had been one hell of a time. 

"Maxine Williams. . . Right, I remember the name! I honestly didn't expect the few names that had been written on the sign-up but I'm glad to know there are people that want in on it." It had been high time for the few that had been around to gather up, hadn't it? "Heh, I'm pretty sure a lot of people do it. I'm about one-hundred percent my niece, Jezebel, did it when she'd been a student here." Attempting to do it hadn't crossed his mind then again he didn't have a need for the school's facilities for his personal use. "Don't worry, mums the word." He offered a conspiratorial wink. 

" 'One day' sounds like you're not sure if you really want to make music a pretty big thing for you. Not that I don't blame you on that, it can be freaking exhausting, let me tell you from experience." His smile grew lightly, between the recent radio appearance he had to make along with a few televised shows courtesy of Jezebel's contacts, he'd been surprised that he had much time to do anything else. It hadn't been often enough which had been a good thing, however, he did need to cut down on recording himself and focus on other rising stars. "If you're ever curious on it, even just to test the fun of it? Don't be afraid to ask. I'm sure my sister won't mind too much, at least, once you get by the glaring she can do." 

Spencer ☆ StudentTecri

“I mean, it’s almost like you could smell it before you begin to hear it.” She said. It didn’t make much sense, but it was supposed to be a joke, not a good one sadly, she liked to prank people, but jokes weren’t her thing. “I think I understand why people hide it. Some people are tough on themselves, they think they aren’t good enough and, are scared of being judged.” She said. She didn’t like people hearing her play, it wasn’t some secret, but she wasn’t fond of practicing in front of everyone, that day had been an exception.

He spoke with a certain passion, she must have meant a lot to him.

When he spoke about all the instruments he played she was quite impressed. “Wow, I am impressed, well, as a first impression I would never assume you could play the violin.” She commented, still impressed that he could play all those instruments.

He repeated her name and she nod. “I was glad someone was brave enough to put it up, I certainly wouldn’t.”

She looked up at him and had to agree. “I don’t know, I haven’t thought about it to be completely honest, it’s about time I start thinking about the future though, I’m no good academically.” She said laughing, she wasn’t committed enough to the studies to go to VMU even if she had seriously considered it. “Thank you and only if you’re sure she won’t mind, I don’t want to impose or anything, if I ever decide to take you up on that.”

"So how long have you been on the business? Since you learn how to play or is that a more recent thing?" 

"Ahahaha, I get what you mean! Sometimes I feel it's more like a magnet, yelling at me to discover all of it." More so recently, he couldn't put his finger on the kind of 'feeling' he now held but whenever someone had been preparing to bare their heart into an instrument he always managed to just... Be there. Drawn as if there had been a third eye seeking out only music. "Well, yeah. With any kind of arts there is always a critic around the corner. Either someone that thinks it isn't good because it doesn't fit their standards or someone thinks you can't do it or make it because it's such a 'slim chance'." The young man shrugged slightly and his smile grew in defiance. "But I make it a habit of defying the slim and I'm sure others can with heavy effort. Enlightening pole-rimmer's by the dozens, if they don't like something? Doesn't make it factually bad!"

Alexander rubbed the back of his neck bashfully. "Some of them I've started to learn and started to gradually get better with them as early as last year. Others? Well, Greyheme musiciary is much more 'classical' than freeform. A guitar is pretty much frowned upon to high society types or people on the 'fast track to a better career'." He rolled his eyes after his final sentence showing a clear disdain for how the school and its denizens operated. 

"Sorry about that! I would have done it earlier last year but I had somethings I needed to deal. You know how personal issues can get." As much as he tried to make it sound frivolous and more like 'busywork' it had been anything but such a thing. It'd been a true life upside-down year in which he'd still been surprised he actually had still been alive now. 

He raised a hand up and waved it dismissively in a playful manner. "Academically! What even is that?! Heh, I mean, if you're in the Sixth year probably a good time to start planting your steps a bit more firmly. You'll be preparing for all that exam work in the Sixth and Seventh year." Before someone would know it they'd already be out of Tallygarunga and on to trying to make their mark around life. "Okay, so, I can't -really- say she 'wouldn't mind' but I'm sure it will be all fine! She's usually only grumpy while she's at the school here." 'Grumpy' may have been a bit light on a way to describe her attitude while she'd been at work in the School. 

The tip of his fingers tapped at the edge of his chin for a moment. "Lessee. . . I think I started to record and broadcast myself around the age of twelve once I had gotten confident enough in myself. Started to produce other people around last year when I started to get more showing offers than I knew what to do with. Didn't have time to prepare for my own practice on things but preparing for others? That I could do while I set my other things up."

Spencer ☆ StudentTecri

She laughed as she agreed with him. He seemed to have a talent for finding that people that liked music and that played something, and she had to agree that there were critics everywhere, some just for the pleasure of being hurtful and sounded awfully like her mother. “I know that type of people.” Alex seemed optimistic about, well, everything. “I never tried to try anything more than the ones I eventually learned, but I wouldn't say no to trying new instruments.” She commented.

One thing Max couldn’t understand was high society, but she didn’t have to be concerned about that.

“Why are you apologizing? Anyone could have started it, besides I get to enjoy it for a year before graduation.” She said assuming she was able to graduate at the end of that school year, but she didn’t have high hopes for it. “I just hope I graduate, if not that means I can just enjoy another year.” She said, joking about her situation. She didn’t feel comfortable annoying this person he was talking about, especially if that person was grumpy. “Usually? I would like to keep my head attached to my neck if that’s alright, I’m quite fond of it.”

When he answered her, she listened and as she had suspected it was amazing, she wished she was as confident as he was. “That’s quite impressive. So, you like, you find people to play in certain places? That sounds both amazing and troublesome.”

"Nice, nice. Even if learning one you're practicing on doesn't pan out, at least the try was given. No reason to get stuck on the 'Maybe you'll do well's, maybe you won't's' , really." Most people he encountered hadn't even tried instruments either out of believing they couldn't even manage to practice or because they thought they had no rhythm in themselves. Whether it'd been actually true or not he knew a person couldn't really know without taking the time to get into it. "In fact, I know a guy who plays in an Orchestra and a student here whose father directs one. I can probe them for a few instrument ideas whenever you start looking into practicing something new.

"Hey, I can't help not everyone has my unique and awesome way of being proactive! But it's mostly because if it had been difficult circumstances it would have already been up and running." At the very least he owed it to those that could have benefitted from an idea he held that just had never made it to the front center as it should have. "Hahahaha, Believe me, it stays the same even after being kept back. Although you do get to know some people a bit better." It hadn't been much of a secret that he'd been much older than majority of the students around.  His hand rose up and waved, almost as if he'd been trying to diffuse the potential thoughts that rose from conversation about his Sister. "Adele wouldn't -literally- remove your head. Maybe mentally. . . Ah, that is to say, you'll be fiiiiine." Why couldn't she have the reputation of a relaxed and cool teacher? Nope, just the 'Scarily Attractive and brutal librarian.' The kinds of rumors people spread. . .

"Haha, not so much yet. I mean, it isn't entirely accurate?" He halted his hand for a moment as a way to stop himself before he allowed it to drop. "I first start with exposure, really. With Media as it is now even for Wizards it's become even easier to get seen but harder to get discovered, if that makes sense? What I do is pretty much help to build up that kind of a dream, starting with media and local exposures." He hadn't come across anyone as hungrily ambitious as himself for the glory of a larger limelight, often the method worked. "Unless you run into someone like me? Then that means I need to use my other kind of connection to help them out. I haven't really met anyone that wants to try and make it big time, it's just a hobby or something to have fun with. But to those that do? I work with them for a year or so, build up a good 'Music resume and repertoire.' "

Spencer ☆ StudentTecri

“Orchestra, well now that’s amazing. There a few I find interesting, cello, clarinet, hurdy-gurdy, though that’s not really an instrument from an orchestra…” she said, feeling ridiculous that she even mentioned it. “I have no idea why I’d assume a hurdy-gurdy would be played in an orchestra.” She said putting her hand in her face in disappointment.

“Exactly, no one else did, so you deserve a few positive points for doing so, no one bothered.” She said, realizing that what she said could have been misinterpreted. “It’s actually pretty cool that you did.” She smiled at Alex but her smile soon faded when she heard the name ‘Adele’. “Wait…I never met her, but I hear she’s the scary lady in the library…that doesn’t…hmmm…” she said with a certain terrorized look on her face. She had never met Adele but on her first week there she was told not to approach her and if she did she had to be careful, so in almost three years Max tried to avoid the library as much as she could, except a few occasions, but she managed to live. "When I first came here I heard some stuff so I've been avoiding the library, sometimes I go inside but it's quick, in and out like a lighting bolt."

“So, you’re like an agent? How did you manage that?” she asked, completely fascinated about what he did. “I mean…I hope I’m not offending, but I am genuinely interested, so you’re probably not much older than I am, and you already do all that?” she asked, her eyes wide open. “Well I take back what I said, that’s not just pretty impressive, that’s both amazing and full on impressive.”

"I've never been in one but I have seen them in performance a few times. I think I'd be too much of a showboater to actually be considered." Even with the bashful smile that touched his lips he didn't seem to be ashamed of that particular fact. Listening to the list of instruments she'd been interested in a good-natured chuckled escaped from him. "Hey, don't be too hard on yourself. Now that you're bringing it up though. . ." One of his hands curved around his chin and rubbed it in thought, creativity at work from the inspiration Max offered. "You've given me just the right spicy kind of an idea. A kind of 'Ye' Olde' Concert' for a few of the kiddo's. Yea, yea! We can try to score a hurdy-gurdy, some small drums, concertina and maybe even a lute.

It could be called 'The Bard's Experience' at that, a difficult set of instruments in their own way but if they could actually manage to get those kind of things together. . . His head shook lightly realizing he'd been going off the rails a bit. "An idea to explore at a later date, I think.

A genuinely humble bow formed. "Thank you!" Even if someone else could have he still felt more responsible for the idea itself. Then a soft wince overcame him with the shift on Maxine's face, of course, people would see his Sister in that manner. Not that he could really blame given his first experience with her. "She isn't too. . . Bad. . .?" As he spoke his words started to trail off in slight uncertainty. She had never made it easy to defend her and part of him knew she didn't care or want that kind of defense either. "Just treat the books nicely and pretty much stay out of her way and I think it should be all good! I think. But if you're with me it shouldn't be bad at all, honestly. We wouldn't be around her long either." At least enough to let her know to be careful with certain things. He could have chosen to go to Cass's aunt's house for the original studio and yet. . . He didn't want to enter the home of the 'Torturer' unless he absolutely -needed- to. Such as getting fixed for his fracture. 

"Woah~! An agent? I wouldn't consider myself that too much!" It'd been the much more accurate connection to what he did try to do for others, for certain. But it sounded so formal and businesslike. "Well in a few months I'll be twenty, officially the oldest student ever in Tally history I bet!" A small fist at himself in that manner, something he had to get over regardless. "Really, I just enjoy seeing peoples creative and artistic talents at work. A lot of people with talent are in the school but for one reason or another they don't truly explore it. They just kind of skirt on the outside, afraid of offending family members or that it'd fully disturb their studies.

Alexander smiled lightly. "All I do? Is just try to find and think of ways to give them that chance. I just managed to luck out with knowing some really good and connected people that put enough trust in my call that they lead me to the right people." His hand rubbed at the back of his neck and he gave an embarrassed chuckle. "Never really thought much about it. I don't make any kind of commission off of it and just knowing people are trying it out even for a moment in their lives is pretty much a good thing to me. That's one more thing they'll never look back on and say, 'Damn, I wish I would have.' "

Spencer ☆ StudentTecri

“If you never tried it how can’t you say that?” asked him. She was pretty sure he could play in an orchestra, at least he could always try. She was still embarrassed by the fact of calling a hurdy-gurdy an orchestra instrument, but that embarrassment soon faded when Alex mentioned an idea he had. “You can probably find a hurdy-gurdy and on old lute at a flea market, the others I don’t know.” She commented. “But what’s the whole idea?” she asked curiously.

She watched his reaction when she spoke about Adele, she didn’t have an exact opinion about the woman, she just generally avoided her like she was warned. “I mean, I don’t have a personal opinion on her. I was told to avoid her if I didn’t want trouble and honestly, I don’t want to go to a muggle school.” She said. She didn’t like the idea of being kicked out of Tally, she liked it there.  

Max laughed when he seemed surprised. “I mean, in a way you are, maybe not in a business kind of way but you are. I also seem to be right, you’re sort of an agent, that is pretty impressive.” She still couldn’t get over the fact that he was not only young but did all that. At the mention of family she just looked away, she understood what he meant. “I get it, family is … complicated, but I do everything that makes my mother uncomfortable.” She said with a certain cheer in her tone, almost like she was proud to disrupt the woman’s peace.

“Well, you deserve some credit for all of it, but it’s pretty noble, not many people would do that you know?”

Alexander chuckled a bit. "I enjoy playing to my own tune too much. Somethings isn't a matter of 'trying to see if you like it!', sometimes, you just know yourself well enough to know you just won't. Working in a massive collaboration? That's enjoyable but it's because it isn't of any imposed uniform. There are no true conductors, there are just people gathered together putting music into it of their own style, their movements." He hummed and nodded at the suggestion to check some form of flea market. "That's true. . . Though in the wizarding world I maybe able to find many of those instruments too. Wizards and Witches of the older generation tend to not throw away heirlooms or finds like that." Chances are they'd have been enchanted instruments but that wasn't a bad thing in of itself. "Oh, nothing too big really. . . Just put on some kind of show with older instruments and style of music for a few of the Bilby kids.

He couldn't help but laugh at the idea that she'd be kicked out of school. "Woah, that's a major leap there, Maxie. That wouldn't happen, Adele isn't the type to try and get a kid kicked out of school. Contrary to popular belief? She actually believes in everything that Tallygarunga stands for as a school. She just shows it in her own unique way." His hand rose up and he waved it dismissively. "Besides, I don't think the Headmaster or his Assistant would let that come to pass. Alan is pretty much the kind of guy who fights for his students. I actually wouldn't even be in the school if it hadn't been for him." With his personal record he'd have been ejected out of most schools but he'd managed to stay. 

"Okay, okay~. Maybe you've got me on that!" The way she'd seemed to look away, reflected her own relationship on some level of her family and potentially the way she took to music. "Aren't you the little Rebel of Spencer." That may have been a bit of an obvious considering their House. "Yeah, You're right on that. I don't know. . . Maybe I just got sick of seeing people not take a chance on something. I have this one friend whose really into fashion, she's got some hardcore talent for it. But her father's? They don't approve of it. Want her to follow their business since it's more stable, reliable." There had been nothing wrong with working towards something AND following the dream. Many people had done so, securing themselves in case it had never worked out. 

"I figure, hey, I meet enough people, right? I can always trickle some good fortune to others. And at the very least? They get to meet people with similar interests. That just means a way to excel at some point."

Spencer ☆ StudentTecri

“The uniforms don’t help much I suppose. You do a lot of collaborations like that?” She understood what he meant, and uniforms just made everything worse. Max believes uniforms suppressed creativity while forcing everyone to look the same. “I never thought of that, I like flea markets, everything is cheap and there’s some really cool stuff, I saw a mandolin once.” Perhaps she should have bought it. A concert for the kids didn’t seem like a bad idea. “That’s nice, I think the kids would like it.”

“Yeah, I was kicked out of three schools before I got to Tally.” She said looking at him with an innocent smile. “I’ve been to some…uptight schools before coming here.” It was common knowledge that she had been expelled from a couple of schools before arriving at Tally, especially for misbehavior and destruction of school property. “I try to be careful around here after this one is muggle school for me.” She confessed and she was sure her mother enjoyed not having her around the house.

She laughed when he called her a ‘rebel of a Spencer’, like their house was the most well-behaved class in Tally. “Family is complicated. Mine just prefers that I’m not around to mess things up which works in my favor whenever I want to do something.” She said slightly proud of the accomplishment.

“That’s a really nice thing that you do, helping others and offering to without expecting anything in return.”

"Not just clothing Uniforms I mean in practice and structure too. A group of people playing as one, sure, but they're pretty much all the 'same'." Which there had been nothing with it, the sound that fueled from such organization? It'd been beautiful and harmonic, however, it had never been the kind of thing he could oath himself into practicing. "I do sometimes. A few here and there at different venues. People go nuts for collaborations with solo musicians and bands." He chuckled and nodded. "I get that too. If you can save a good chunk of cash and still make do with a pretty epic find? Then you just won twice." Nowadays he didn't have a need for penny pinching but it had simply been habit. "That's the plan! Maybe even grab that mandolin you saw once and pull it off." He winked at her with a smile. 

"Yeesh, three? What did you do? Set the schools on fire or something?" Alexander spoke in a playful tone. She'd probably been ejected from one trick too many if she ended up in Spencer House. "Now, do you mean uptight or you thought they were uptight because they couldn't take several practical jokes in a short time?" He grinned as he settled an inquisitive gaze onto her. "You'll find that getting kicked out of Tally is probably one of the hardest things to do unless you're legitimately hurting or murdering people in the quad." The Book of Pranks that had been situated in the Common Room gave him a vast idea of the kind of things that had been done where many still managed to push through school. 

"Ahaha, you're a family escaper. Trying everything to get out of their grips!" Or perhaps she secretly sought for them to just accept her as she'd been? The issues of a growing teenager. "But you're right, Family is pretty complicated. . . As my dear niece Lauren enjoys proving to my mind every single day here." He rubbed the top of his forehead at the thought of the ever so combative Sturt. 

"It works in their favor. There isn't anything they can give me, not really." Money couldn't count as an issue when Jezebel practically would shove something down his throat if he'd been in need. So would Adele for that matter. Not the kind of thing he wanted either but strong personalities were always hard to convince otherwise. 

Spencer ☆ StudentTecri

“You’re right, I mean, I know I would never fit in something like that, I don’t like to take orders from others and I love chaos too much to, so I sort of understand if you put it like that.” He spoke about the collaborations, all of that was new to her, she didn’t even know people liked that stuff. “I had no idea people liked that.” He was right about one thing, flea markets were great to save up some money. “Maybe if I find that mandolin I’ll get it, I mean, it will come in handy and I get to learn a new instrument, then I can brag that I have a fancy mandolin.” She said with a smile.

“School on fire no….one time I set a red foam bomb and then I broke into school they kicked me out. On the second school, I used slime and three kids got stuck in it. Then in Penrose, I made someone get suspended and then I rearranged the library books one night after breaking and entering, I used the same foam bomb trick, got kicked out, now I’m here.” She spoke, there was a light glow of pride in her eyes that was consistent with her smile. “Gave my parents one hell of a headache, but I like Tally and I don’t want to get expelled.” She confessed it was pretty much common knowledge that she had been expelled from three other schools before arriving at Tally. It was good to know that it was hard to get expelled from that place.

“I am, it’s very hard to feel the love there. I don’t need much to get out of their grips. I do however like to destroy my family’s idea of perfect.” She didn’t hate her family, she disliked her mother and how she made her feel but everyone else was there for her.

“But still not many people think as you do.”

The way she'd spoken, it did make him worry about the kind of future that may be awaiting for her beyond the school walls. Where the usual means of chaos would be in direct conflict with many of the laws. "Hehe, sure hope you have a career plan of being a small business person!" Any other kind of job may end up causing her to lose it if the itch for wanting a bit of mayhem hadn't been scratched accordingly. "Oh, yeah! All of the time. People like to see some of their favorite artists get together and see how it would sound or if the blend of styles could truly compliment one another. Happens a lot." Alexander snickered and nodded towards her. "Exactly! Can't go wrong with learning an instrument and you'll wow the crowd with a mandolin no less.

From how it sounded it hadn't been anything drastic, at least it didn't seem she'd entered the number of those that probably maimed someone. That had been a better sign than most would acknowledge amongst the myriad of pranks at that. "You sure seem to be pretty fond of the idea of the use of foam, aren't you?" A gentle tease slid from him. "Sometimes it's good to take a new approach towards things, you know, not doing the same old antics that got you tossed out of the last few schools." Maybe she'd been doing well enough if she had still going to the school now? There had been no true certainty for him on making that kind of a call being pretty fresh to the school and its very gossip mills that he avoided. 

"There's an idea for perfect? I sure would like to know what the requirement for that is!" The young man spoke in a slight sarcastic tone. The true poison when it came to life for anyone, the idea that there had been some form of 'Perfection'. "Try not to let it get to you, alright? Even if it's the misguided way she tries to get you to do your best. You don't want to be one of those adults in the future walking around with mommy issues!" Like himself. . . Having a mother that actually had been invested enough to want someone to be perfect? That had been a positive to him versus an absent mother who wanted to terminate you for the low possibility of surviving life as a baby. 

"I blame my late adoptive father. He had this really bad itch to invest in people and places.

Spencer ☆ StudentTecri

A little mayhem never hurt anyone, but she couldn’t predict what people accepted or not. She shrugged at his comment, she still had no idea what she wanted to do with her life, whenever she graduates she’ll see what she can or cannot do. She was impressed at Alex’s reply about artists getting together. The mandolin comment made her chuckle. “Well who knows, maybe I’ll be a bard and I get to go on an adventure.” She said, slightly joking about the situation.

“Yes, I do. Foam is hard to clean and there’s always the fact that the dye doesn’t come out easily, sure with magic it does but most students had a bit of trouble removing the dye from their skin…I included…” she commented, trying to maintain a straight face, which was pretty much impossible. “I’ve been…behaving I don’t want to get kicked out for getting someone stuck on a smile by mistake, I learned my lesson.”

She nodded, as his question of the ideal of perfect. “My mother is not fond of…magic.” she began but the conversation was getting too heavy. “Perhaps it is…” she spoke, accepting his comment, maybe she should do something about it.

The conversation had become rather heavy, so it was good to leave that behind. She smiled when he mentioned his late father, there wasn’t much she could say without sounding like a complete idiot.

"Woah, taking my career already? Here I thought I was the only one thinking of being some kind of weird warding bard!" Alex snickered at Max as it seemed she ran along with the idea in her own way. If only he could really do that kind of thing, he'd be set with the kind of responsibility that would make that kind of freedom no longer possible for him. The tips of fingers ran through the dark and lengthy locks on his head and his smile grew fondly and proudly. "But, hey, someone has to live the dream that I definitely can't do. Just remember you need to dress in nature friendly colors, oh, and carry around a sleeping bag. Something sturdy, none of the crappy stuff they make you buy at stores.

He could see the spark of creativity mixed up in mischievousness, it had practically been the expected soup that had been commonly known as a Spencer's acumen. "Hehe, You must not have taken a look at the Spencer's book of pranks, have you?" The amusement touched his own lips as he smiled, watching how difficult it'd been for her to keep in the bubbling giggles of her pranks and the outcome. "There have been countless things done, especially by our own Headmaster and his cousin. Pretty legendary stuff at that." That had been the one thing he wanted to give Cassandra before her year had ended, a Legendary Prank in the annals of Spencerhood. But maybe he could make that a reality through himself, he couldn't leave the school without making a huge mark, Just wouldn't do. "You should see some of my Niece's entries when she had been here too and the Elemental Magic instructor.

Alex's head tilted slightly as he watched her as she spoke, he knew the weight of it had grown heavier. In truth he could actually feel the pressure behind it and had he been a much weaker individual it would have felt like an unbearable weight on his heart. But this hadn't been the kind of discussion that should have been going in depth with someone you'd just met unless comfortability had been established. "Well, if you ever want to talk about it or want to do some pranking or stuff to get your head out of that mess? Just let me know! I'll take you to the Roo for a Soda or something, it can be like a hideout of planning.

He knew of a better Hideout, one he'd created last year within the school along with Cassandra but that had been their. . . 'Special' room.

Spencer ☆ StudentTecri

“And here I thought I was the only one wanting to be a bard.” She spoke with a slightly amused tone but also surprised. Bards were so underrated, people think all they do is play on their instruments all day without doing any actual work, entertaining people was a job too. “I need to put my medieval outfit and roam the world. I can always conjure a comfy sleeping bag if I want to.” She said with a certain pride, why carry something around when one can just make it pop up. “Bards might have their own cool spells as well.”

“I didn’t even know there was one…I need to get my hands on it now.” She spoke, her eyes were wide open and there a smile that screamed trouble. “Headmaster? Well that’s impressive, of all the placed I’ve been everyone was so uptight.” She spoke. She was indeed in the right school, why her parents insisted in sending her to private schools was still a mystery. “Is that all written down? The pranks I mean, I probably shouldn’t try to rearrange the library here.” She asked, curious about it, maybe if one of two pranks got combined it would make one hell of a fireworks show.

“Discussing pranks sounds like a terrific idea.” she spoke. What could go wrong? It wasn’t like she planned on blowing up the school. “I’m in for it...can't wait to give it a go and see what happens."

"Oh, no. That kind of freedom? Seeing the different things around the world unhindered? Your own wits and talents against the various things that could pop up? Sign me up for that kind of fun!" He casually saluted as if it had been some form of military commission. "Hahaha, you're going to need a pretty good seamstress to pull off those kind of durable fabrics. The stuff that we wear now is probably like noble's clothes to bards." He snickered at the thought of Bard's having their own spells. "You know, there is someone that used to come to Tally that actually uses magic along with their Violin. Part of their art and all that.

"Hehehe, It seems like I'm stuck guiding all of the Spencer's this year! It's all good, I'm pretty alright at that job." A smooth wink flowed. "Oh, no, Alan is probably the coolest guy I know. He's all for giving people a shot and doesn't mind a well laid out prank being a Spencer man himself. I mean, he does have the 'No nonsense' part of him but that's only if it's actually a determent on education and your chance to succeed." Alexander still remembered when the Headmaster called him out on the lie he decided to go with when meeting with him before enrollment. "Yeap! The book sits on a pedestal in the Spencer common room, people can record their acts in it for others to see an admire for years to come. Er. . . No, don't do that." His face actually contorted to a much more serious look, he couldn't imagine the hell that Adele would kick up, not even could. "The Library and its books? Just. . . Consider it off limits. Adele isn't easily forgiven and the books? That's REALLY serious for her.

He couldn't say that she wouldn't go out of her way to make that kind of an offender's school life hell. She probably would. 

"Sweet! It sounds like a planning is in the works then!" It might even be possible to make sure there would be something that would stick out as an amazing prank amongst pranks. "Hahaha, It can get pretty chaotic but I think we look through the book we might get a few ideas that can one up a lot of the old stuff." In the mean time, He needed to speak with Adele and the others, a better grasp on what his Magic could do would help in certain planning phases. 

Spencer ☆ StudentTecri

“That the best kind of freedom, roaming the world in search of something new in every turn?” she spoke. It was clear that it was an excitement, the thought of cold water untouched, unseen creatures, everything could be an adventure if everyone put their hearts to it. “Why a seamstress? With my magic Sir, I can fix my clothes.” She said trying to speak in a British accent but failing completely. “Some that used to come to Tally like that? I had no idea, a real-life bard? Bending music to its will with magic? That’s someone I’d like to meet. No wands no voice just the sweet sweet melody of an instrument.” She mentioned as she closed her eyes to imagine it before opening them up again.

As it seems the book was in the Spencer common room, if she spent more time there she probably would have noticed something in it, but she would prefer just to either use the game room or stay in her room. “So the headmaster was a Spencer? Tell me, is it true that Spencers never grow old? Like, they are teens in adults’ bodies?” she asked curious of how it would appear to an outsider, people are forced to grow up and be mature, but what id they didn’t. And as she predicted the library was off limits in this school. “I promise I won’t touch it, except whenever I need something from it, obviously.”

She lived for chaos, sort of. “A little bit of chaos never hurt anyone, did it? And maybe mix things a little bit, if two good ideas were good separately maybe they can become good together as well.” It was clear that she was ready to create a bit of chaos around the school, not enough to send people to the nurse’s office but enough to shake things a little bit.