Cbox
Guest enabled! No advertising, and be nice! Not much happening here? Check out our Discord!
Welcome to Tallygarunga, an original roleplay set in the Harry Potter universe. Set in present-day Australia, tensions are high between the Ministry of Magic and the only Ministry-run wizarding school in the country. Become like the other snooty private schools? Not a chance.

Originally established in August 2006, Tallygarunga prides itself on an inclusive and active community. Once part of the Tally family, always part of the Tally family. Whether you're here for the first time, the thousandth time, or returning after a long time---welcome home.
Staff
Sadrienne
Founder
LilyCat
Admin
Kaitore
Sturt
Flinders
Spencer
Bourke
Tallygarunga
a non-canon au potterverse roleplay
December, 2019 :: Summer

Splotting Lee's Imaginary Friends

Friends Guest
2020 year old

MeagerElectricGoral-size_restricted.gif

Keaton's app.

This here is @Keaton Harper, a sixteen almost seventeen year old student of Spencer House, currently in his sixth year. He grew up in Toorak and is the eldest and only son of Eva & Philip Harper - two well-known figures within the Australian Ministry of Magic - and as a result has a few issues when it comes to listening to people due to the nature of either being left to his own devices or lumbered upon various caretakers and tutors while he was growing up. He prefers to make his own judgement about everything around him and will prod at something, or someone, until he gets a reaction of any kind. He's quite independent.  He's a chaser for the Spencer Quidditch team and has been a constant player since his third year at Tallygarunga, and Quidditch is very important to him. He takes Charms, Transfiguration, Potions, Ancient Runes, Dead & Magical Languages, Magical Law, Magical Theory & Wandless Magic as his classes and as a result can be quite busy with classes - yet will always take time away if he is able to.

What he needs:

•  Friendships of all kinds. Long-term from first beginning at Tally, passing-friendships, acquaintances... you name it and I'll consider it!
  • Flirtation. Keaton has a certain charismatic charm to him and he knows how to use it. He isn't malicious or misleading, but he will ramp it up if he needs to get out of something quickly - so he isn't always as honest as he ought to be. It'll backfire a lot, but where would the fun be otherwise? It is also worth noting that K has never been in a relationship. He's kissed girls, sure, and messed around some but nothing serious has ever come around from it. He usually ends up putting his foot in his mouth.
  • Dislikes/ Intense dislike, perhaps even hatred if it stretched that far  - Some of this would be grand. As someone who always expects a reaction, whether it be from a prank, from a comment made at them or just from Keaton being Keaton - there's bound to be plenty in the school whom he has brushed up the wrong way. Snide and sarcastic remarks are a must, as well as jinxes, hexes...you name it!
  • Quidditch Rivalry/Friendships - Self-explanatory :) 
  • If there's anything else you feel that you can offer with your characters, just throw stuff at me! I'm always willing for a good plot/mini-plot! ❤️ 

★ Admin ☆ Resident Mamacat & Sorter of Awesome★ LilyCat
Pureblood Fairy ☆ She/Her

Hi there and welcome! I'm Lily and I'll see if I can throw a few people your way (sorry for the late introduction, been away a bit due to family stuff).

Oh, I also have to move my character's profiles from the old system too, but I'll do that right after I post here. lol

Lorelei - She's a 'sixteen year old' sweetheart who is considered new at Tally since the end of last year. But some people would also know that she is the granddaughter of the Minister of Magic, and daughter of music and movie star, Jezebel Blair. And that only a year ago she was attending Bilby and was a rather odd child. But now she's a rockin' teen, which is confusing the hell out of some folks. Either way, she's got the emotional and mental development of an adult most the time, so it seems to fit. Anyway! Her mum and grandpa are popular Spencer Alumni, and she's a little sad coz she was placed in Sturt, but figures it's because she needs to stay near her aunt/counterpart Lauren, who is almost an opposite of Lorelei. Lei herself does love to make friends, she will try to help anyone who looks like they're in trouble, and will join in on pranks if invited. Always up for tossing her at people and seeing how they interact.

Aisling - Is not yet a completed character, but she is on the way, and will be interesting to see how that goes because she has never been in the human world. To stay tuned! They could even end up in the same House!

Caitlin - The school counsellor, originally hailing from Ireland, also a criminal profiler, psychologist, and a famous crime novelist. She's pretty easy going despite the serious-sounding titles, and her door is always open to any students who need someone to talk to. She's very motherly in nature, and always has cookies in her office.

Cassandra - Was in Spencer just last year, and graduated. She is also Alex Winfield's (another Spencer) wife, and Caitlin's niece. She is likely to visit the school and hang out. I hear that she may be given a job helping out in the library or something if she gets too bored (and considering Adele is teaching HoM again, and Cass is pregnant so she has to put dancing college off for a year). Likely to stick out because of both her head of blood red hair, and her general bright nature. She's tons of fun almost all the time.

I have a bucket load of other characters, some of which might also be good candidates for interaction, but going with the easiest ones to think of for now. Let me know if anything else catches your interest!

• Like 1

Friends Guest
2020 year old

@LilyCat for now...

Lorelei & Keaton - K would have definitely approached Lei when she first started attending Tally, as reaching out to new people isn't something that Keaton deems as hard to do. He enjoys seeking knowledge whether to apply it to his studies or to anything that can be deemed worthy of being involved as a prank. Nonetheless, he does need a motivation push at times if he has started to find a topic dull or repetitive - so if this came from Lei, he'd probably attempt to whine a little, but if she can be as stoic  and serious as her application says she can be, then Lei can easily be someone who tells him to study and get on with it. He could even prod and occasionally persuade her to give in to being a bit mischievous occasionally. 

Cassandra & Keaton - Two year groups apart in school, or when Cass had attended Tally, these two may have only interacted occasionally. It is likely that Keaton would have picked up on her bright nature and enjoyed her company, and he would have definitely turned her hair different colours on occasion. >:] Seeing these two interact if and when she visits the school would be pretty neat I think. I do enjoy fun characters equally as much as I like doom, gloom and angst! :D 

✩ Moddies ✩ Kaitore

Okaaay, Let me get up in here like swimwear! 

*Cracks knuckles* '

Keaton & Alexander

Alex (as briefly explained!) Is Cassandra's Husband and pappy of their unborn creepy kiddos and also a Spencer (In his words the MOST Spencer). Though he started Tallygarunga in the year of 2018 he has made it a habit of making himself well known the moment he stepped on Tallygarunga's grounds. Not only in finding nearly any opportunity to play music (So, most likely every so often in the Common Room jamming out on his Guitar), He's already known after the last year as someone whose magically unstable, nothing -seemingly- went right in the year and there had been a slow but odd turnaround towards the end of it. While pranking isn't his forte per say, grand machinations that some how include pranks to get to the goal are known to be in his repertoire. He's the type of Spencer that would go exploring in a place he shouldn't be, some secret chamber under the school, A series of tunnels long forgotten, that sort of thing. Much like Keaton, he actually is the type to pop up to a new person without even thinking about it often calling himself the 'Tally Welcoming Committee'. I can imagine the two of them probably approached each other on the premise of that similarity. 

Keaton & Travis

Another person whose a year ahead of Keaton but this guy is a Bourke and though he is friendly he tends to keep himself distanced from people due to a personal reason with himself. However, he tends to befriend people of various houses simply because he doesn't care so much for those kinds of divides, they're insignificant to him to some degree. He's also pretty much a ladies man, a flirt when he wants to and apparently one when he doesn't entirely intend to be. This ends up causing him a few troubles here and there so far (Troubles is always good.) Unlike most Bourke's he's uncharacteristically not sporty even though he holds the capability and physique to be an exceptional Quidditich player. Since he's had the longest stint in Tallygarunga of my active Tally Students, I can imagine Keaton and Travis may have crossed one another a few times. Maybe even passing some minor flirt tips that could or could not work. (Even though Travis' target audience is USUALLY older women. TEACHER LADIES BEWARE!) ANOTHER ANGLE! Is that they could have been aware of one another early in life, Travis' Father was once an Auror before his death and his Mother ended up going into Ministry work in order to facilitate better conditions for Half-Breed's and other similar beings. 

Keaton & Senan -

Senan is new to the school, this current year is his first and he's only ever known Private tutoring under the most strict of ways. He's also not of Australia, coming from another place entirely where the way things are viewed and managed are actually quite different than how the Wizarding Community of Aus does things. Due to his personal situation he's extremely severe in most instances and can be a level of cruel that borderlines as heartless out in the light. It's a defensive mechanism that he sets up to keep his true identities or "True" identities secretive and be able to do what he actually needs to do. Tallygarunga is a distraction and a way to pretend to be something that he knows he isn't. At times his façade can drop but only when the circumstances find it fit enough (Example, with Maxine in the Aus day thread where there are so many people around that no one is -really- noticing.) I would imagine at the start of things, with Senan and his nature, it could fall along the lines of potential dislike. Senan holds no illusions on -how- he treats people when seen, he does it purposefully. (Though his underlying self is actually quite different, creating somewhat of a identity crisis. STAY TUNED!) 

• Like 1

Friends Guest
2020 year old

@Kaitore

Keaton & Alexander -  I can see them as definitely having approached each other on the popping up the moment it is known that there's a newbie around. Also very similar in the way of exploring in areas where they really shouldn't be - K's views on anybody tagging along with him on those sorts of things/vice-versa is that a person makes their own decisions. K is also going to have (hopefully) got on well enough with Cass too, so there's basis for good relations. :) 

Keaton & Travis - Reading this I would certainly like them to have been aware of each other early in life. K probably being ushered by Eva to go and make friends, but simply standing where she couldn't see his expressions and rolling his eyes a lot. Perhaps over the years an actual friendship took hold and the two got along well, K becoming slightly disgruntled the moment that Travis headed off to Tally before him. Although being a year ahead, I can see the two having kept their friendship in good order. They don't have to be mega close but I do find the idea of them passing flirt tips, some that fail automatically and somewhat drastically. There could be some entertaining scenarios to come out of that indeed. XD 

Keaton & Senan - Yes. Please. Potential dislike early on would definitely be a thing, for K frowns upon cruelty and probably would feel quite exasperated by his attitude, perhaps even exhausted from the callousness every time they interact. There's probably one thing that K will respect though, however grudgingly, is Senan's ability to not mince his words and means what he means to say. There's potential here too :D 

★ Admin ☆ Resident Mamacat & Sorter of Awesome★ LilyCat
Pureblood Fairy ☆ She/Her

(Alex is Lorelei's uncle too, and he is trying to keep boys away from her, so there is potential for funny scenarios there too.)

• LOL 1

✩ Moddies ✩ Kaitore

Keaton & Alexander -

Alex pretty much follows that himself though he's also not really worried about himself getting into any form of actual harm. Doesn't stop others from worrying about him, always someone worrying about him. XD! Ahaha, there is that as well. Alexander is the over-protective Uncle of Lorelei and the 'I need to help you have a good time about life' Uncle to Lauren. But is also much more widespread known that he is the recently discovered baby brother of the ever so scary and cranky Librarian, Adele. (The contrast that they could be siblings is quite the amusing thought, isn't it?) And yah, Chances are if there is a good rapport with Cass there would be a good rapport with Alex regardless. Only about once has it been a somewhat untrue statement but typically is accurate. Haha 

Keaton & Travis -

Ahaha, I figured that one would catch your eye! Yea, being extremely close wouldn't be necessary! (Besides, building up to it and finding out Travis secret is part of the glory with the kind of character he's designed to be!) I find it will really help to develop both characters to a very unique degree! Like the idea of 'Okay, so complimenting a woman's ladies? Yea, not effective. Unless they REALLY do not mind which.. I mean, I haven't met enough to count on my fingers that wouldn't slap you for it.' moment. Keaton would probably be the only one in the current position to actually know that Travis' father had been killed but without any extensive information give on the who, how, and why. 

Keaton & Senan -

If there is any firm quality that seems to hold strong for Connell men, it's that they're awfully blunt with a lot of things and have an interesting range of confidence. Even more amusing that much of Senan's actions is also testing boundaries but for the sake of experimenting. To see how 'Social interactions' play out in an environment that he's never been in. Keaton's reactions would end up being a sense of exploring and prodding in a way, though it's ironically not out of malicious intent. That he saves for other moments, which, depending on who gets involved him they may actually witness a few sides and plotlines that stream from him. 

Friends Guest

I have my 7th year Sturt (they/them pronouns), @Nox Ntonni, who transferred from a Circum Caribbean nomadic school (Callaloo Instituto de Magia) to get more economic/academic freedom and learn about the ecologies of Oceania at Australian schools. But their trying to transfer resulted in rejections and disappointment, so they originally started working as a junior ranger for Great Barrier Reef aboriginal rangers and learned about ecology through songlines before moving to live with the Longhursts in Narry after Tallygarunga finally accepted them. So they'd be new and would probably be a bit oblivious about Keaton and his reputation. They also don't generally react a whole lot to random poking and prodding, preferring to go with the flow or only when they can't move to the beat of their own nonsense--so could result in silly interactions with Keaton. They also share Charms, Transfiguration, Potions, Ancient Runes, Dead & Magical Languages and Wandless Magic classes together, so lots of opportunities to interact.