School Status:
Tallygarunga: Term One, VMU: Summer Break

House Points

Sturt
Flinders
Spencer
Bourke
pxmBtN.png
An AU non-canon Harry Potter-inspired forum roleplay set in Australia.

Adoptable Spotlight

THE AUSTRALIAN HOME OF MAGIC
Sign in to follow this  
Keaton Harper

Open Laugh Along With The Common People;

Spencer ☆ Spencer Quidditch Team ChaserLee
16 year old Halfblood Human ☆ He/Him

Sprawled on one of the sofas in the game room among a few other students also making use of the room, Keaton was enjoying a moment of free time. His bag was dumped next to him, full to the brim with books that he had collected from the library shortly before he had arrived at his current location. Quidditch practice had been brutal the previous evening, and Keaton was still tenderly nursing the bludger shaped bruise on the side of his thigh, attempting and failing to ward off the wince that would arise out of him every time his bag had brushed against it. He could have had it healed, but after needing to read a few chapters of his text-books after the practice that previous evening - he had soldiered on and had simply fallen into bed merely minutes after showering, changing into comfortable lounge clothes and opening one of his many sixth year books for that year. Naturally no reading had been completed that evening, so his leg was still smarting some and he still had his reading to finish. 

Coming to the games room was already acting as another distraction for the Spencer student, that much was noticeable from the way that his open book was resting face-down across his chest as he eyed the blooming argument between two fourth year Sturt boys. It had been going on for some time now and Keaton cocked his head to the side as he watched the approach of a Bourke girl - another fourth year if he was guessing correctly. The two arguing hadn't even noticed the attention that they were gathering and Keaton found himself hoping that it got a little bit more interesting soon. Sure, Keaton had noticed that he was being watched ever so slightly himself. Some in the school knew that it wasn't worth gaining his attention sometimes, for new targets of any future pranks were highly sought after by Keaton Harper. Depending on where this went, he could feel a slow smirk cross his features as he regarded the reddening of the two boys now as they were dressed down by their year-mate. It wasn't embarrassment though....it was anger. His smirk promptly disappeared and his eyebrows shot up as the girl exclaimed in frustration, stamped her foot, whipped out her wand and hit one of the boys with the jelly-legs jinx. This was brilliant, he thought as he let out a laugh. That had been unexpected. Kudos to the girl though.

His book was long forgotten now, as was many of the activities in front of various other students. Entertainment always presented itself in the games room, so it wasn't any wonder that it was easy to predict that Keaton Harper would be in there a lot of the time. Not to mention it had air-conditioning and many preferred to remain as cool as possible. Heaving a great sigh as the three students stormed out of the games room, pushing any people coming in out of the way - with one of them on very shaky legs, he mourned the loss of his entertainment. It hadn't lasted long enough for him - or for any of them, going by the disgruntled grumbling he was hearing around him. Booooo. Now he'd have to actually read his book.

Spencer ☆ StudentTecri
16 year old Muggleborn Human ☆ she/her

After a long day of classes and sleeping outside under the shade of a tree Max dragged herself inside. She wandered the halls, made some new acquaintances, pranked a few people and created some chaos in the hallway by letting go a bunch of mice run inside the school, she could hear the mice squeak as they ran past people while some were unaffected others were terrified of the thought of wild mice running around the school.

As someone came to check was going on, Max slipped into the games room to hide, it was only there that she saw one of her favorite people, Keaton, she sneaked up on him slowly, he seemed to be interested in some argument that was happening there, can’t these kids take it someplace else? Do they have to create an argument in a place of relaxation? Her wish soon came true and they disappeared.

Her head showed up right next to him from behind the couch and it was when she jumped on him, falling on a semi-occupied seat by Keaton. “Well well well, if it isn't K-man, Keaton. How was practice? I heard you got hurt.” She said poking his arms. “Where was it?” she asked looking at him with a mischievous smirk like she was up to something.

As a surprise weight toppled over onto him, Keaton may have let out an undignified squawking sound, having not expected to be leaped on whatsoever that day. "Max, my love, my sweetheart!"he swooned dramatically, voice on the right side of volume to cause people to whisper and side-eye them both. Boom. Gossip circle by the morning. "Must you surprise me so?" He shifted his weight slightly so that her elbow wasn't digging him in the ribs as much and blinked at her. She was up to something but at that precise moment Keaton couldn't decipher what on earth Max was planning this time. Backtracking through his mind and recent things that he had gotten up to, going by her reaction she hadn't yet been followed by the ever-bashing boomerang he had been charming. He was pretty certain it was loose in the school by now, the closet he had locked it in wasn't a foolproof stopping method really. He'd definitely have to track it down at some point.

He let out a long-suffering, if but a mocking one, sigh "...My thigh..."he admitted, and then narrowed dark eyes at her curiously , "What're you up to, Williams?"

Spencer ☆ StudentTecri

When Keaton spoke, she let herself fall onto him. “Keaton, my one and only!” she said before looking at the rest of the students. “I have finally found you.” She said sitting, relatively straight, just having her elbow on his shoulder before her hand touched his chin. “How much I’ve missed you.” She said.

“You know it’s my favorite thing to do. I love to make your day better and my presence is enough.” She said wink a wink and a mischievous grin. He told her where his bruise was and she looked at his legs and poked him on the thigh, not enough to hurt him, too much at least. “You should go to the nurse’s office unless you’re embarrassed for having to take off your clothes.” She suggested.

It was when he asked her what she was up to that she took one of her hands to her heart. “Don’t break my heart K-man, but I may or may not have released a bunch of mice around the school.” She spoke and looked away innocently. “I mean it wasn’t my fault really, but are you sure you don’t want to go to the infirmary? If your problem is the lady there I can help.”

Adding fuel to the fire, indeed. He wore a light grin as the whispers grew a tiny bit louder - surely they'd have realized that it was Keaton and Max by that point? Heh, what did it matter. School could get so monotonous at times and Keaton Harper absolutely loved to keep it interesting, even if it meant that he would occasionally spend an evening or two of the week in a detention. Sometimes it was absolutely worth it. "Run away with me!" he grinned, "Run away with me into the sunset, let's elope and get out out of this dead joint!". 

K pulled a face at her when she poked him right where his bruise was, "Ger'off" he whined, "It's my first bludger hit of this season's practices, pity me." He then rolled his eyes at his fellow Spencer and then waggled his eyebrows at her, "Please, we all know that I'm never ashamed or embarrassed to get my kit off, no matter who it is for." He then shrugged, "It'll heal...if not I'll track down Meadow or Lei, I don't know why but I've always been awful with healing magic." 

"Ohhh...you mean those mice over there?" he asked with a hand as he moved a hand, reaching and removing his wand from where he had stored it in his bag while he was lounging. He pointed it at one of the mice nearby the both of them, "Engorgio."

Naturally he could have made it the size of something much bigger, but even still....the sudden surprise at the Pug sized mouse was worth it. But at Tally, it was hardly the weirdest thing anyone had seen.

Spencer ☆ StudentTecri

“Yes! I’ll run away with you!” she said, loud for everyone in the game room to hear. “Let’s go far far away from where people can’t find us.” She said, continuing to play along with him, holding one of his hands and taking a deep breath while looking at him. “What can I say, you take my breath away K-man.” She was done with joking with it, at least for the time being.

She casually took off her footwear and put her feet on the couch. “Really? Never ashamed? I smell a lie?” she said when he spoke about never being embarrassed, she stood there shaking her head in a disappointed manner as she starred him in the eye. “And . . . I’m hurt that you don’t trust me enough to help you, should I be jealous you’re fancying Meadow or Lei more than you fancy me?” she asked, mischievous grin still plastered on her lips.

When the mice showed up in the games room some people left others remained, at least until there was a pug-sized mouse in the room. Max had never seen people run so fast in her life. “Oh my god!” she said laughing at the poor mouse. “What should we name it? Do you think they will accept it in the kennel?” She asked Keaton. “So? If you’re going to elope we should at least get a dog.”

He shook his head with another grin, this time allowing the joke between them to edge off. He did enjoy to get the rumor-mill circulating, but at the same time - Keaton was well aware of how irritating it would be to continue the joke. There'd always be time to pick it up again at some point, messing with people was quite something. Especially hormonal and reactive teenagers - it was the perfect mixture. 

Keaton blinked at her, pulling a blank mask onto his expression, "Me...lie? I have no idea what you are on about, Max..." he spoke and then looked her dead in the eye, "Get a game of strip poker going and then we'll see who is bluffing about not being ashamed to get their clothes off." He shrugged, well, as much as he could in the position that he was laying in. "What if I fancy all three of you as much as one another? Gonna fight over me?" he asked, his own grin matching Max's in a near-identical fashion.

The laugh he let out carried somewhat, and looking at the horrified expressions, he had to wipe away a tear that had formed. He hadn't expected it to work that well. "How about Balthazar?"he quizzed and then pulled a face, "...too formal?

Spencer ☆ StudentTecri

When he challenged her to a strip poker her eyes got wider, that was a lot more interesting than whatever over shenanigans they could make. “Deal and I’ll prove you that you are indeed embarrassed to take off your clothes.” She said, poking his chest but looked away when he spoke about fancying all three of them. “Well, if it’s as much then I have no reason to be jealous, now am I?” she announced as she grabbed his cheek.

“Baltazar…I like it, we can call it Balty for short, do you think it plays catch with us?” she asked him. Max would throw a stick at the mouse to see if he would play catch with them but she was scared of losing her hand, and she wasn’t going to throw Keaton’s want at the mouse.

“We can’t keep it, it’s against the rules to keep an animal in a room, but I don’t have a roommate and this way we don’t have to take it to the Kennel.” She suggested, but she wasn’t sure if she was willing to sleep in the same room with an animal capable of biting her face off in the middle of the night. “But I’d like to keep my face, I’m attached to it and I’m afraid Baltazar will try to eat my face in the middle of the night, so shall we take it to the Kennel? Or should we terrorize the rest of the school with him?”

Keaton grinned at her, "Let's just call this a...flirtationship and stick with that, shall we?" he quizzed, only to pull another face as she grabbed his cheek. "Ow, Merlin woman." He mused over the prior part of their conversation for a few seconds, "Reckon we could get others in on the game? Incorporate dares too for the losers?"

He eyed the overgrown mouse as it sat chewing, from what he could see, a chessboard that somebody had left attended. "I don't think Barty is going to be good for that.."he wondered aloud as he flicked his wand at the chessboard,"Reparo." He eyed the girl beside him, "And don't even think about throwing my wand over there, took me bloody ages to find this one and I'm fond of it."

He chuckled quietly, "I'm not sure they'd want an over sized mouse in there, really, "sighed Keaton, "Reducio will work fine....but hey, at least we know for future reference that it is piss easy to size up animals? Decent diversion tactic that, acually..."

Sign in to follow this