Cbox
Guest enabled! No advertising, and be nice! Not much happening here? Check out our Discord!
Welcome to Tallygarunga, an original roleplay set in the Harry Potter universe. Set in present-day Australia, tensions are high between the Ministry of Magic and the only Ministry-run wizarding school in the country. Become like the other snooty private schools? Not a chance.

Originally established in August 2006, Tallygarunga prides itself on an inclusive and active community. Once part of the Tally family, always part of the Tally family. Whether you're here for the first time, the thousandth time, or returning after a long time---welcome home.
Staff
Sadrienne
Founder
LilyCat
Admin
Kaitore
Sturt
Flinders
Spencer
Bourke
Tallygarunga
a non-canon au potterverse roleplay
August, 2019 :: Winter

Spencer ☆ Fifth Year ☆ Spencer Quidditch Team Seeker, Pro WrestlerKirupachi
15 year old Halfblood Human ☆ She/Her

It was nothing short of a miracle. Amber had made it across Footy Park after a few hour long detour (thanks to her need to nap and the familiar stranger). It only took what it felt like an eternity as the agony irradiating along her spine and dorsal muscles made it very difficult to stand up, or sit down, or lie down, or anything for that matter; let alone actually walk all the way home. The sun was setting in the distance, indicating it was way past dinner time.

Oh boy. That wasn't good.

Her feet slowly, painfully dragged themselves along the pavement as she walked to the front porch of the Townsend household, more akin to baby steps than anything else. Climbing the little set of stairs in front of the entryway was oddly easier to accomplish when compared to having walked all the way from the gym by her own foot - at least she had the side railing to lean on for support. Sweat dripping from her forehead and down her face, the Spencer finally made it home.

Now, to be stealthy. If she was caught, she'd have to explain the whole thing; and if she did, she was dead. She and her wonderful niece/co-conspirator. The only thing that was left to do was to sneak in, collapse, hope she wasn't found, and sleep it off. It couldn't be that serious, right? She was known for her endurance, for crying out loud! It was probably just some sort of temporary trauma soreness, to an extreme degree. If push came to shove she could always duck into Tallygarunga's nurse's office the following day and ask for some potion to numb the pain or something.

Painstakingly reaching for her set of keys from within her pants' right pocket --did her shoulders have to hurt so much too?!--, she retrieved them and slid them into the little slit in the lock from the outside as silently as she could, slowly turning the key until she opened the door. Baby step by baby step, she moved into the house. Pulling the deadbolt back so not to make any noise when closing the door, she released a mute sigh of relief with the success. She was quite talented at being loud; it was time to see if she could be quiet.

Pain notwithstanding, she could barely breathe as she struggled through the path that led to her bedroom. 'Please don't hear me, please don't hear me, please don't hear me...' The girl clung to the walls for support. It didn't make the pain go away one bit, but it certainly made it easier to move around without wanting to scream out with the torturous agony.

Narragyambie ☆ Doctor/Healer, Investor, Non-human Support Networker★ LilyCat
250 year old Pureblood Veela ☆ She/Her

Sibylla was more than well aware of the time. Not only had Amber missed dinner, but it had also got dark, and it was near the height of the longest days of the year. Where on Earth was that girl? The mother had afforded some leniency, considering what Amber had gone through, allowing her the extracurricular activities, which she kept secret from her for reasons that Sibylla could only judge as something she would not like. Thankfully, she was aware that Gemini knew about what Amber did, and that was at least enough to give the older woman at least a little comfort, knowing that her granddaughter was looking out for her when she couldn't be there herself. She did worry though still. She noticed every bruise that popped up, ever limp or wince or painful stretch that the girl made. The two and a half century old woman was not an idiot. She didn't particular like being treated like one either.

So it was that Sib was waiting patiently for the very quiet sound of the door opening and closing, those small creaks that the floorboards made as the girl attempted to sneak through the house. She could even almost feel the pain in the sounds that she made in her wake. The steps were off slightly, her breathing weak. Unlike Amber though, Sibylla could move silently, and she was right behind the girl when she finally spoke quietly.

"Late night out tonight, and you're looking as though you were almost run over by a bus or two," Sibylla wore a small frown to accompany the words as she looked over and assessed the girl that she had promised to take care of and keep safe. This was beginning to get beyond ridiculous with the amount of sneaking combined with the damage that was done to her. "Come on, let's get you sitting on the sofa so that I can take a proper look and get some of that healed up, while you start telling me what it is exactly that you do. I've been lenient, but I think it's only fair that you at least be honest with me, don't you?"

Bit by bit, Amber moved closer to the stairs. It felt like a never ending path from how small her steps were; almost as if she was fully convinced she'd die from old age before even reaching the base of the stairs. Closing her eyes and taking a deep breath, she took yet another step towards her destination. When she opened them again, she was greeted by the sight of her guardian.

"Damn it." She muttered under her breath, visibly defeated. She was finally going to get chewed out, wasn't she? After going through so much to keep her activities a secret, would really a dumb mistake like the one she did be the thing that did her in? A shiver of fear ran through down her damaged back at the thought of getting into an argument with a Veela.

She really didn't want to get into an argument with a Veela.

"Sofa... Right..." She didn't look forward to making her way to the living room instead, having made so much progress already when it came to reaching her own bedroom. Not like she had a choice, though. She hoped to all that was holy that Sibylla wouldn't try to help her out though, lest the Spencer scream out in pain. Nevertheless, her body turned awkwardly in the direction of the room. "It's just training..." She decided to offer as means of defending herself, which was technically true as far as that specific injury was concerned.

Narragyambie ☆ Doctor/Healer, Investor, Non-human Support Networker★ LilyCat
250 year old Pureblood Veela ☆ She/Her

"Not sure how you thought that I wouldn't notice you were back late," Sibylla huffed softly as she waited for Amber to turn, and then watched the girl carefully, the way she moved, in order to assess the injuries. It was not good at all, and she was quite unhappy about seeing her charge looking this banged up. So banged up that she could barely move. Gently, Sibylla offered Amber a hand, wrapping an arm under the girl's and around her back, in order to help her get to the living room, taking careful note of any kinds of protests or painful noises coming from her on the way there and while she sat her down. "I've got some Chamomile and Peppermint on the boil," She said, and then sat next to Amber, lifting her hands to hover over the girl as she examined her.

"There are very few forms of training that bang someone up to this extent, Amber. Your back is injured, you're covered in bruises, your ribs are tender, you can barely even walk," The woman frowned, "I'm not stupid Amber, I know that Gemini has been covering for you, and that you go into the city. I haven't followed you though, haven't spied or kept tabs, but this is getting ridiculous. The least you could do is just be completely honest with me, and then I might even be able to support you in what you're doing." There was no real anger in the woman, only a hint of hurt and disappointment as she looked at the girl, before then pushing herself to stand.

"I'll be right back, I'l going to get some cold compressions and that tea," Sibylla murmured, stepping out toward the kitchen to do just that. After a few minutes, she returned with a platter, the things she'd mentioned as well as some cookies on it, and set it on the coffee table.

As was the standard in Amber's life, Lady Luck decided not to show up at her doorstep during that moment either. The already excruciating pain flared up a notch the moment Sibylla tried to help her, which made the young Spencer tense up; in turn, it just made things worse. Amber's face scrunched up as she tried not to give in to the suffering after a wince. Despite her conditioning and abnormal pain tolerance, it was impossible not to show how much that injury was affecting her. Nevertheless, pushing through the pain, she never rejected the help nor stopped walking towards the couch, eventually reaching it and carefully sitting down. She did so as slowly as possible, looking quite pale once settled down.

She didn't say a thing as her guardian went on - she was busted. Even if her excuse was partially true, it didn't work and she'd have to elaborate. She let herself be examined in silence, at a loss for words. Once Sibylla temporarily left, she moved herself to lie down on the sofa, on her stomach. She didn't bother kicking her shoes off, and her face rested against a pillow. There wasn't a peep until Sibylla returned, at which point Amber's face was more relaxed from the temporary rest, if remorseful.

"...I'm sorry." She muttered, turning her head ever so slightly to be able to face her guardian. Even if she was terrified of being caught, she was not that great a liar; it was sincere. However, she got quite tongue-tied pertaining where to start. It took her several moments before being able to speak again. "...It was my fault, yeah? I wasn't warmed up and somebody asked for help, I went to show 'em how it was done, and... here we are." She could only hope her injury wouldn't put her out of commission for too long.