School Status:
Tallygarunga: Term One, VMU: Summer Break

House Points

Sturt
Flinders
Spencer
Bourke
pxmBtN.png
An AU non-canon Harry Potter-inspired forum roleplay set in Australia.

Adoptable Spotlight

THE AUSTRALIAN HOME OF MAGIC

★ Admin ☆ Resident Mamacat & Sorter of Awesome★ LilyCat
Pureblood Fairy ☆ She/Her
Lily's Characters

Always up for plotties and connections and threads, please post below with ideas! ❤️

Jez (aka: Amiradysébelle Blair)
25(ish?) | Actress, Princess, and Supermum | Melbourne

Jez would be recognisable from her former role in Neighbours as well as a few movies, though more commonly known around Narrie as the eldest of Stu's brood of Blair kids. She's also a popular musician and singer, and tries to do a lot of charity type events. She has certainly gained a small brood of her own so far. She's happy-go-lucky and loves her family and making friends.

Could use: friends, stalkers fans, other mums, family members (I have a Blair family tree, ask if you want to see it!), rivals, and well... any other plot ideas.

Auds (aka: Audrey Adagathguarde
26 | The Headmaster's Assistant and Girlfriend/Babymomma (and the one who really organises Tally) | Narragyambie

This British-born gal came over to Narrie around 7 or so years ago, and has won the hearts of a lot of its residents since, especially in the past few years, during which she has kept the Headmaster of Tally more organised than he's ever been and helped take care of his children in the absence of their birth mother, not to mention she is known for throwing the best parties in town. Not surprisingly, she spends so much time organising Alan, especially now that they are officially together and have their own child, but she seems oddly content.

Could use: friends, troublemakers, past terrible/bad choice boyfriends/dates, awkward buddies, people who love fun, people who like to take advantage of others.

Arti (aka: Artemisia Bellerose)
22 | Musician & Artist, Gallery Cafe Owner | Melbourne

She's been touring Europe for the past couple of years or so, but prior to that Arti was the solemn girl who arrived at Tally in her Fifth year with the French accent, who ended up being abused by her father and was adopted by the former Deputy Headmaster and his wife. Recent years, she's come into her own as an accomplished artist, and has set up a Gallery Cafe in the city, where she gets quite a lot of business and admirers of the arts, and where she also hosts local musical talent now and then.

Could use: friends, an art gallery partner, the musically or art inclined, troublemakers, a traumatic ghost from her past (ask for details if interested), and so on.

Siby (aka: Sibylla Townsend)
249 (license says 32) | Doctor/Healer, Non-human Support Networker | Narragyambie

Sib has settled into life in the country town over the past few years or so, and has been a reliable local doctor, as well as on call for St Ringo's. In between work, she tends to travel a bit, studying strange and obscure medical conditions and eccentric and rare ways of healing and artifacts involved with such. She's still hurting about the loss of her daughter, which makes her very protective of her remaining family, and she is dedicated to her support group for non-humans and making sure the same doesn't happen to others.

Could use: friends, patients, other non-humans for the support network, blasts from the past, perhaps a dangerous person who doesn't like non-humans.
Adoption opportunity: Siby's teenage daughter, Mairead (15) is totally up for grabs. Just message me for details.

Stu (aka: Stuart Blair)
51 | Federal Minister of Magic, Co-owner of The Drunken Roo, Owner of Victoria Magical & Native Wildlife Park and Reserve | Narragyambie and Melbourne

Since all his children have grown up and moved out of home, Stuart tends to work a lot more, so that he doesn't end up with too much time up his sleeve to wallow in the misfortunes of recent years. He also tends to concentrate more on other peoples' problems and currently provides support for his two best friends, Alan and Kate. He's been diagnosed with depression, which he keeps to himself and which one wouldn't even pick up on by just being around him due to his upbeat nature among others. He doesn't want to worry people, and seems to have given up on the idea of dating or relationships.

Could use: friends and drinking buddies, people with young kids (for when he's babysitting his grandkids), Ministry folk, a line of swooning women, old rivals (or boyfriends that he's pissed off just by being him), teens in the sports that he coaches (cricket, basketball, AFL), or people who may know his mother who manages a reserve for endangered wildlife and magical creatures (that is now owned under her son's name).
Adoption opportunity: The Blair Triplets, who are a year younger than Jezebel (mid-20s), they can be found under NPCs & Wanted Characters

Cate (aka: Caitlin Sullivan)
37 | Counselor, Psychologist, Profiler, Author | Narragyambie and Melbourne

This lady's had a pretty difficult life when it comes to the people she cares about, having lost most of her family while a teenager, when things were beginning to go down at Hogwarts, living through the battle itself, and then losing her brother some years later as well, becoming the guardian of her niece. Not that anyone in her new home would know much of that, only that she's worked with the Ministry in the UK and is a bestselling author. She's friendly if perhaps a little quiet, will help someone if they look like they need it, and tends to mother younger people a bit. Started becoming romantically involved with a man she probably shouldn't be with earlier in the year, but it is what it is.

Could use: friends, colleagues, awkward encounters, probably to be dragged out to have fun every now and then.

Cass (aka: Cassandra Sullivan)
18 | Seventh Year student (2018), Junior Dance Instructor, Co-Creator of Danger Kitty Productions | Narragyambie

Being the niece and charge of her aunt, she naturally had to move to Australia with her (of course, being in danger back home was another good reason to move). She's seen her own fair share of tragedy, but tries to concentrate on the positives in life, as well as the fact that she intends to be someone who will help others, like her aunt has done for years. Flirty, boisterous, fun-loving and good-natured, she tends to brighten a room when she walks in. Though she's had a rather usual year when it comes to friends, as well as discovered her true identity as a pureblooded sidhe fae, she is able to be happy with the good things that had happened, including an impromptu marriage to fellow Spencer student Alexander.

Could use: friends (just one really good friend would be nice), partners in mischief, victims of her wiles, bullies to antagonise, someone who really gets her.

Gem (Gemini Demetra)
23 | VMU Student, Performer, Main Guitar and Vocals for her band Franklin Struck Gold | Melbourne

A single mum with an attitude, it generally depends on what the other person around her is like as to whether said 'tude is good or bad. She's pretty easy going and free-spirited, feeling like stress is for people who don't know how to enjoy what they have. She faces her problems head on and pretty bluntly. Though despite her generally relaxed nature, she has a scorching temper if someone presses the wrong button.

Could use: friends, past flings, band mates (see NPCs & Wanteds), other mums to chill with, fellow VMU students, people who enjoy some good music.

Ele (Elektra Devereux)
32 | IWP Undercover Agent, Receptionist at Tallygarunga | Melbourne

A former Quidditch star and champion, who has retired from the sport now that she has the custody of her twin sister's daughters and is struggling with learning how to be a parental figure. She also just happens to be an agent for the IWP who is currently working undercover in the area. She did start off as the Quidditch instructor for Tallygarunga, but has since shifted to a Receptionish position since an unfortunate incident mid-year which she doesn't talk about. Currently living in a house with her sister's former partner in crime, but who is now Ele's IWP partner who tends to frustrate her to no end, but is better with the kids than she is.

Could use: friends, admirers and fans, someone to make Ashkar jealous, other Quidditch enthusiasts, old friends/contacts from her Quidditch days.
Adoption opportunity: Nina (11) is Ele's oldest niece and started at Tally this year. She's had a rocky start with her aunt, but is slowly warming to her. She thinks Ashkar is the best. Message me for more details.

Players Guest
Muggleborn Human ☆ She/Her

Jez: 

Sean- They're around the same age and both famous! Maybe they meet and can become friends?

Check out my chars because a lot of them could work with yours in a random thread or two! 

Players Guest

All right so I have Nox who attended a Circum-Caribbean nomadic school (Callaloo) that taught wixes alongside other species, but it wasn't a Western education so they'd be limited to certain magical/indigenous communities in the Americas. Wanting more freedom and wanting to learn more about ecologies of Oceania, they decided to apply to schools in Australia but got rejected or disappointed so, instead,  they started working as a junior ranger on the Great Barrier Reef with aboriginal ranger groups. Instead of a formal education, they'd learn songlines (and other traditional knowledge) about the Great Barrier Reef until they got word they could attend Tallygarunga. Now, the Longhursts are their homestay family and  they work as a junior ranger around Narrie and Melbourne. They're a Sturt and will take these classes.

And here are some character specific ideas, let me know if you think up possible connections I missed! I wasn't sure what you were wanting to do with some characters since they aren't listed:

Lorelei: I'm not too sure on Lorelei, if I saw what classes she was taking it'd probably help a little bit more but where Lorelei is interested in non-humans and magical creatures Nox is interested in ecology and animal/creature behavior, so there's shared interests. Nox is also familiar with nonhuman cultures since they helped organize parties/celebrations honoring different cultures of the student body back in Callaloo. So that might come up. However, Sadrienne and I are also planning on Nox and Lauren butting heads and getting in trouble a bit so that could also affect how Lorelei and Nox would interact.

Stardust: Nox could have gotten their wand from her shop when they first came to Australia. Just popped into town for a quick wand-fitting before heading back up to North Queensland? I am not sure how well-known Stardust is across Australia but it was just a fun connection. We could roleplay that as a past thread or just list it as a connection (Nox would have probably been confused and amused by all the animals in the shop.)

Stuart Blair: Nox might already know or get to know Stuart's mom on the reserve if she get aboriginal rangers to come in and help with things here and there.

Jez: Nox is a movie junkie so is probably a fan of her Hollywood movies.

Cate: Nox loves mystery novels so they have probably read and enjoyed Cate's books after coming to Australia, so they'd be a fan. Might pester her about new books she might be working or just pester her  about book recommendations?

Cassandra: I can't think of anything specific, but they will probably run into each other eventually since Alex and Nox are getting up to dream magic shenanigans which will probably segue into other shenanigans.

★ Admin ☆ Resident Mamacat & Sorter of Awesome★ LilyCat
Pureblood Fairy ☆ She/Her

Heya! sorry it's taken a few days or so. I got lost somewhere.

Lorelei & Jez: Well, Lei is both in Sturt as well as interested in non-human cultures and relations. But, she is also Jezebel's eldest daughter too, which isn't a secret. So there could always be the 'omg, can I get your mum's autograph/meet her?' type thing? Not to mention, Lei is also Stuart's granddaughter, and spends some time occasionally out at the Wildlife Reserve with her great gran. So there's a few ways that they could interact with or get to know one another. As for the possible butting heads with Lauren, Lei would more likely try to play peacemaker then take sides. She's much less aggressive than Lauren, and tends to calm her down a bit when they're near one another.

Stardust: She remembers everyone who's come to get a wand from her, so would certainly ask how Nox is going, about her adventures, etc.

Cass & Cate: On top of being Alex's wife and babymomma, Cass is also Cate's niece and has helped her a little bit on a couple of her investigations. She's probably also going to stop by the school a fair bit during the year. Cate will easily talk about her books, though not about the real life investigations that she took part in which often served as the inspiration behind the books. Since she'd the school counselor, she'll be pretty easy to catch around the school, and will also be a good person to talk with about any problems or anything as well.

@JazZay

Players Guest

It's all good @LilyCat !  I took a little bit to reply back too, (got a bit busy.) Just a note: Nox is a metamorph that can wake up with whatever body parts, depending on what they're (mostly subconsciously) feel like, so they may look like a guy, girl, or totally androgynous, but they identify as they/them cus it's easier.

Lorelei & family: Ahhh okay. Then everything just flows togethr by interacting with Lorelei. So we could have Nox and Lorelei run into each other on the reserve or at school and then Nox can gush about Jez and we can play it by ear from there? Nox is staying with the Longhursts vs boarding at the school so Lorelei is most likely to catch Nox "studying" somewhere at school (technically sleeping and using dream magic to study), checking out the library (though I dunno how'd they react to @Sadrienne 's Adele yet lmao), or helping out at the reserve. The last option may be easiest for me to get started since the term just started and I'm not in IC-magical-school brain mode yet. But if you've got a better feel for the library and/or study/napping ideas then I'm cool with those too.

Stardust: Ah okay. Then maybe Nox could go and get a check-up on their wand or just run into Stardust finding/taking care of new critters?

Cass & Cate: So Nox could start off just enjoying talking to Cate about books and then maybe become more comfortable with discussing other things. Since Nox has a lot of coursework to do this term they could talk to Cate a bit about that if they start running into problems or they could just talk about/get advice about adjusting to life in Tally/Narrie. Then Cass could easily run into Nox if they're hanging out with Cate (or Alex) and then shenanigans can ensue from there, or they could run into each other at school on their own.