Cassandra Sullivan

Invite Stormdancer (Feb 10, '18)

Spencer ☆ Seventh Year ☆ Junior Dance Instructor★ LilyCat
18 year old Pureblood Fairy ☆ She/Her

It was raining, it was storming...

Cass had almost forgotten that rain was something that could actually happen here. The summer heat had been near killing the poor Irish lass, having moved over in December from the UK's snowy climate to sudden desert heat. She still wasn't certain how she'd managed to not explode into a flaming mass, and become ashes already. She typically avoided the sun on the bad days, her fair skin far too easily burned.

But right now? The young woman stood in the middle of the grounds, drenched from head to toe with her face lifted to the rain that pelted down. This was amazing, and she was rather certain that she was officially in love with Australian rain. It wasn't hot or cold, it was just... fantastic.

The fact that there was also thunder and lightning going on didn't seem to bother her in the slightest either, as she suddenly spun around and began kicking and puddles and dancing wildly like some kind of water sprite. Not only that, but light laughter bubbled from her throat, pure and lighthearted.

The redhead didn't care who saw her, or whether they thought she was strange. There was nothing better than this moment, right now, and she was going to enjoy it for as long as it lasted... or until she either got hungry, or curfew hit, which would mean that she'd have forgotten dinner if that happened. Not that she could care in her current state. Spinning around, Cassandra released a whoop and she danced into a puddle and then another, her movements barely more than graceful skips as she celebrated the rainstorm.

Sturt ☆ Sixth Year ☆ Student/Janitor✩ Shell
16 year old Muggleborn Human ☆ She/Her

The rainstorm couldn't have come fast enough, soon enough.  The idea of summer was great, but once she was away from Melbourne, away from the bay and the river, it was horrible.  She had no way to effectively keep cool, and the heat was always so dry.  The rain was like some sort of answered prayer.

She soon found herself outside once her things had all been tucked away in the dorm room, safe from the water that duped so freely outside.  She made her way outside to fully enjoy it, to allow her hair and clothes to becoming completely, utterly soaked.  Her hands moved over her hair, starting from the top and moving back, grey eyes closed as she lifted her face toward the sky as she aimlessly walked around.

Her shoes and socks were already thoroughly soaked, she'd not cared to pay attention as she moved across the grounds, and had stepped into many a puddle on her journey. 
 She must have found company, someone else who relished the relief of the weather, for the sounds of whooping and giggling soon filled her ears.  

Thunder clapped, lightning flashed, and she couldn't have cared less.  Slowly she leveled her chin, opening her grey eyes to find a red-haired girl dancing about in the rain.  Geraldine let out a half-laugh as she watched her dance to freely and happily.

Dancing.  Being soaked straight through.  These things triggered the recent memory from the past couple of weeks in her mind.  Of dancing to music as a boy sang, and later of being pulled into the fountain by him, and all the folly that came after.  The confusion came back again, the strange mixture of thoughts and feelings and sensations.  She could still recall the feeling of his bare skin beneath her hands, the sound of his laughter in her ears, the look he had as he revealed his strange pyrotechnic problems.  He was charming and irritating all at once.

She could feel something straining, a pull somewhere, pressure on her chest.  Her expression fell as she stared emptily before her.  Her thoughts pelted at her, that fearful, inner voice, always on guard, always on the look to curb a potential problem.  It berated her.  Her hand moved up to her forehead, trying to rub away the sound, the headache it caused.

She refocused on the present, finding the girl was still dancing, all but skipping between puddles.  She was so carefree, Geraldine couldn't help the slight sting of jealousy she felt as she stood in place, merely watching.  Keep that up and you're gonna fall on your arse!" she warned.

The redhead felt eyes on her long before there was any kind of interruption. She was used to being aware of her surroundings, growing up always looking over her shoulder had taught her to know when she was being watched, and when to start running. But she didn't have that tingle along the back of her neck that said she was in danger and so she could have cared less if her silent watcher was bothered or weirded out by her behaviour.

Why they had decided to stand there silently was beyond her, but it wasn't going to stop her as she leapt and skipped around to her own tune that played in her mind. Her movements gradually formed something that resembled a choreographed dance, something that formed within her consciousness, her own storm dance.

And then the voice spoke, and as though to prove them wrong, the woman did a pirouette on the spot, balancing perfectly on the toes of one foot, as she span gracefully, before then leaping and landing on the toes of her other.

"Never," Came the Irish-accented response from Cassandra, who then began to perform more ballet movements easily, as naturally as breathing, and completely sure on her feet, despite the puddles and mud around her. "The only time I would fall on my arse is if someone wanted to sabotage me... are you a saboteur then?" The question was asked with a mild smirk on her lips as her eyes opened and she focused her bright green-gold gaze on the other girl.

"Besides, storms are just made for dancing in," A bright grin was aimed at the girl, the redhead's eyes gleaming as she paused to offer a hand toward her, as though inviting her to come and dance with her.

She had to admit, she was impressed.  She clapped her hands as the other girl went from simply skipping to dancing--movements she'd only seen as a child watching some movie or other.  She was obviously trained.  If she herself had tried that one particular pose the other was pulling off---well, she wouldn't have.  She definitely would have been lying on the ground, wondering what had happened to her.

Geraldine lifted an eyebrow as she gave the idea some thought.  "No, not today, anyway."  She never really knew what the future held, and after all, she didn't know who this other person was, or anything about her.  There might come a day where they were standing on opposite fights of some mental fence about something.

There was something about that smirk, that glint in her eyes.  Yes, this was entirely familiar.  Gerry had a half-smirk on her face as her gaze lowered slightly to the hand.  An invitation?  She gave a shrug and made her way forward, closing much of the distance.

"You're probably right about that." she said before giving a twirl.  This rain.  This rain.  It felt too amazing to not enjoy it.  At least with someone else here, she wouldn't appear a fool on her own.  She silently thanked the other student for that, for the ability to release some of it, to better enjoy the weather.  She gave a content sigh as her arms opened around her, feeling the rain, moving through the air around her.

"So what are our chances of catching ill and suffering the misfortune of having to stay in, do you think?"

"Glad to hear it!" Cassandra laughed lightly as the other girl apparently decided that this was not a day for being a saboteur. Bonus points for her! Especially since she seemed to be loving the rain almost as much as the Irish woman. Somewhere, Cass was sure Cate was shaking her head at her, knowing exactly what her charge was getting up to. As it was, the redhead wasn't even wearing shoes, part of the reason she had managed to not slip over. The mud and water between her toes felt marvelous, and the light crop shirt and shorts she wore left zero to the imagination.

Should she have been glad that no guys had decided to roam about outside so far? Cassandra couldn't have given a damn even if they did. This was her happy time, damn it.

As soon as the other girl was within reach and had done her twirl, Cassandra suddenly clasped her hand, and with the skill of someone who was used to not only dancing, but also assisting others to dance, she led her into a spin, using her strength to keep her from slipping over. Despite how small she was, muscle and skill was something that Cassandra had in her favour as she grinned, letting the girl go once she'd given her a fun brief dance.

"Ahhhh..." A long sigh fell from Cass' lips as she paused a moment to close her eyes as she lifted her face to the sky and brought her hands up to push some of the hair that had plastered to her face back from it. "No, definitely no cold to be caught. The rain isn't even chilly, it's no different to going for a swim,really." A gentle shrug was offered and she brought her chin back down in order to set her gaze on the other girl, studying her a moment before then extending her hand.

"Cassandra Sullivan. Absolute pleasure to meet someone else who's not afraid to enjoy a good storm."

Geraldine quickly found her hand was taken by that of the other girl, who then set about spinning her around almost as if they were dancing.  She laughed, not used to being led like that, but enjoying it all the same.  Soon enough they were parted again, and she kicked her foot into a puddle, sending the water out in a small wave away from herself.  

She was glad that she wouldn't be getting sick the next day.  She knew it wasn't a cold rain, but all the same, she always wondered if there was some truth to catching cold from it.  ....At least in summertime.  During the winter that was definitely a possibility.

There was something about this girl that was......somewhat unsettling.  Geraldine had no idea as to what that could be, and threw it aside.  She'd worry about it on a different day.  For now she was going to enjoy the reprieve from the heat.  She looked over when the red-haired girl introduced herself and grasped her hand.  "Geraldine Richter, but just Gerry.  The same to you."  

She shook her head, enjoying the way her heavy hair whipped about, splashing at her.  Her arms reached toward the sky as she jumped in place a few times.  She was soaked through, and she couldn't care less.  They needed more storms like this, in her opinion.  "It's like I can breathe again.  I love this.  I love this weather."

Cassandra grinned as she made the other girl laugh with her antics. She was also glad that Gerry hadn't tried to pull away while she was leading her through the small dance, because the girl would have fallen square on her butt if she'd tried. Too many times, Cass had seen dance partners go tits up because one of them didn't trust the other to lead them properly.

Chuckling after having stretched her arms up toward the storm, Cassandra then leaned forward and did a handstand, which she held for a minute before she turned it into a forward flip, landing easily on her feet and straightening back up. She had mud on her hands now, but she didn't care. The rain would wash it off quickly. More so, she just wanted to keep playing around in the mud and water, like a child.

"This weather is amazing, I thought I was never going to see rain again after the heatwave so far. I don't know how you Aussies can stand it!" Cass laughed as she glanced over at Gerry, grinning brightly. "I just moved over here in December, and it was already snowing back where I came from. To go from that to... well desert and a sun that wants to burn me alive, well I was almost certain that the country was already trying to kill me! I haven't even had a chance yet to meet one of the many poisonous critters here!" She swept her hands up to pull her hair back again, before lifting her chin a little.

"So you're not a Spencer, or I'd have seen you around plenty by now. From a 'rival' House then?"

Geraldine smiled, shaking her head as the other girl did a handstand, and then a flip.  Well, wasn't she quite the little acrobat?  She herself hadn't tried to do such things even in dry weather in years.  She wasn't about to try and drudge up whether or not she still could now.

"Oh, we get rain, just not much in the summer.  But now I know why your name sounded familiar!  You're one of our transfers.  Ace!"  And the second that she knew of that had been placed into Spencer.  Just what they needed, more of these crazy, trouble-making balls of excitement.

She didn't actually mind.  The other one she'd met was awesome.  "Oh, this whole continent is a death bowl.  If it's not the weather, it's the natural disaster, the plants, the animals, the bugs.....you'll get used to  it."  She could only laugh.  Somehow people still managed to thrive here despite everything.  

Geraldine was busy hopping from puddle to puddle.  Like her clothes and hair that clung to her so tightly, her shoes were completely soaked through.  She wasn't going to be doing them any harm at this point.  "You're right, mate.  I'm a Sturt, and proud."  She wondered how much about the house that Cass had heard about.  Would she give Geraldine the same teasing over it--no matter how true it was?  

Her fingers moved over her face, pushing the hair back again, then continued through the length of her hair.  "And I don't spend all my time studying before you even go there.  Only...about a third of it."  She laughed at that.  It was still quite a bit more than some of her housemates.  Although, without Quidditch tryouts having pulled yet it had really jumped up to nearly half her time.  It would pan out soon enough.

"So you must have already met one of our other transfers, Alex.  He's in your house, after all."

"I heard that sometimes you get full rainy summers, where places end up being flooded. Now that would be interesting... if maybe a bit disastrous," Cass knew better than to joke about floods, people got killed in them. Homes were ruined, and generally it just left a lot of people in the lurch and having to pick their lives back up. "Not that I'd wish for one... but a bit more rain than we've had so far would be nice." More rain that was like this would be awesome. She could stand outside all day in this kind of weather.

"Well, yeah, I heard everything here's out to get you, but so far nothing! I'm thoroughly disappointed, I'd been hoping to be fighting for my life by now, Crocodile Dundee style and all," The redhead grinned lightly before laughing and then canted her head at the other girl as she studied her. She'd heard a few things about the other houses, but generally didn't give much credence to rumour.

"A Sturt, huh? I heard they're party-poopers," Cass smirked, before then snickering and offering a wink, "Promise I won't tell anyone that you deviate from the standard." The young woman was obviously joking, and hoped that the girl was as easy going as she seemed so far. "Nothing wrong with studying though, it's what gets you through school and closer to your goals, right? Hell, I'm a pure hellion, but even I still do my school work and make sure I know what I'm doing."

Cass' marks from Hogwarts were actually very high, and the reason why she hadn't needed to take so many classes here, because she had basically passed the equivalent of some of them already. Of course, she wasn't going to go telling anyone that. It would ruin her reputation!

"Alex?" The mention of the name itself caused the young woman's features to alight with warm fondness as the other girl made mention of him, before she paused and ran her hand through her hair with a soft chuckle, "Yeah, we met, and started spending some time together. He's pretty great, huh?" Cassandra's eyes glinted with something that she didn't even realise she felt about the person in question as she glanced at Gerry, "Friend of his? If so, then you're instantly a friend-o of mine too."

"....yeah sometimes.  I try and not think about that."  Flooding was never something she was terribly comforatble with.  Living in Melbourne, she saw more than her fair share of rain in any season.  She preferred to blur the weather into some stereotype made up about her country instead.  It was easier to deal with.  "You'll get your chance, Dundee.  We got plenty of wilderness."

Party-poopers?  ...Yeah okay she could see where that might have come from.  Or rather, she knew exactly where that came from.  "Oh, we are.  Largely."  she replied.  We, because even she could be.  Stand to the side, don't get involved, lots of glowering.  On the other side of that coin, when those around her were having an openly good time, she was far more inclined to get involved.  Just like today, with the rain, with Cass.

For a Spencer, she was relatively low-key about the 'third' studying remark.  Most would just laugh in her face, say that was far too much time to spend doing it.  She was liking her more and more already. Then again, Geraldine had a knack when it came to Spencers.  For whatever unholy cosmic reason, nearly all her friends she'd ever amassed in her life spent time within that house, or it's Bilby equivalent.  It was like she was cursed with the excitable crazies.

Gerry as the name was indeed familiar to Cass.  She saw the way her features gave a little more light, and the glint in her eyes.

Her eyes.  What...?  Gerry narrowed her own slightly, not in any angry or menacing way.  She moved closer, studying them.  So many different colors together.  How....unusual.  She let out a breathy laugh and smiled.  Yeah, this was definitely the cosmos talking to her.  "He's amazing, truly.  Very unexpected."  she felt a surge of warmth at the immediate offer of friendship.  She gave a tentative nod--well, a small series of them.  "Yeah.  Yeah, totally.  Friends of my friends are more friends."  

She looked up to the sky, though she couldn't see it.  It always went this way, didn't it?  Something good always happened with unusual eyes.  Leanna.   Alex.  Amy.  Now Cass.  She looked back to the red-head before her... to the friend before her.  "So how'd you do that thing earlier anyway?"

"I better get my chance, I didn't sign up for this great Australian adventure only to be disappointed!" Cassandra grinned as she made the statement, however. She was pretty sure that something would come her way in time. That, or she'd go out and find it for herself, maybe rope a few other poor folks into it as well. After all, everything was always more fun with company. It created bonding experiences! That was her excuse and she was sticking with it.

"Bah, you're only a party-pooper if you make it so, and I'm afraid you're in the wrong company for that. I'm not going to let anyone I associate with bring themselves down, and thus everyone else," It sounded like Cass had some serious work ahead of her if Sturts were going to be going to parties and stuff this year. She'd rope every one of them into the fun, even if she had to hogtie them.

It appeared something she'd said or done had gained the interest of the other girl, however, and Cass wondered if she'd looked like some kind of idiot with the way that she'd smiled at the mention of Alex. Last thing she needed was giving someone ammo, especially someone who could pass that ammo on to the guy himself. Hell no. Except, it seemed that Gerry was studying something about Cassandra's face and it took a few moments to realise, before the redhead's hand came up to the side of her eyes briefly.

"Ah, you noticed the eyes," Cass murmured softly, before chuckling, and then nodded lightly, "Yeah, amazing is definitely one way to describe Alex. He's... a one of a kind, for sure." Except that it felt more like he was the equivalent of herself, which she already foresaw was going to get them into trouble at some point. "Always great to make a new friend though, and hell, how can I not become friends with someone who came out in the rain to dance with me." She grinned lightly.

"But what thing do you mean? The dancing?" Cassandra did a lot of things, almost constantly. Gerry was going to have to narrow it down if the redhead was going to explain or show how she was able to do one particular something. Not that she minded in the least, she was happy to show off or teach someone something new, she just needed to know what it was first.

She was often in the wrong company for being a party-pooper.  Then again, she was often in the company of Spencers, who loved pranks and parties and generally being loud grievances to the world at large.  Still, Cass seemed absolutely convinced that she, and everyone else, were going to have a good time.  Question remaining was, how adamant was she going to be about that?  Would Gerry fall into the trap time after time, or would she be able to stick to her guns?

She was quickly caught, not that she'd been trying to hide what it was she was staring at.  "I did.  They're really beautiful.  I... have a thing about eyes."  Did she just say that?  Oh well.  A silly almost-grin appeared on Geraldine's face as Cassandra complemented their mutual friend as well.  She gently bit at the front of her bottom lip to try and get rid of it, then waved a hand through the air.

"Hard to resist really."  She had an affinity for water.  During the holiday she'd spent as much time as she could at the bay.  It was no accident that she'd started a water fight at the beginning of term.  The only thing that kept her from openly enjoying it more was lack of anyone else willing to do so.  She didn't like, or want, to be the odd one out.

"Uh..." she said, trying to figure out how to say it.  "Like...you were up on your toes, and your balance was just... how do you even do that?  Especially while spinning? "  She could dance well enough, but she didn't have that sort of grace, or balance.  It seemed as if it were completely inhuman.  "Do you think you could do that again?"  She wanted a closer view.  It was one thing to see drawn pictures or little figures doing something, another entirely to watch it happen.

"Thanks! I know they're not exactly normal for eyes, but they're mine all the same!" Cass laughed lightly as she did another small twirl in the rain, offering a few nods as she agreed wholeheartedly with Gerry's comment about it being difficult to resist enjoying the moment of break in the desert-like weather. Why would anyone even want to resist? This is amazing," Another light laugh escaped her, and then the redhead glanced over to the other girl as she began to speak, trying to explain what she meant.

The dancing? Oh, a particular move. Cassandra smiled as she plucked herself up easily onto her toes once again, balancing perfectly in another pirouette, before returning to both feet in a graceful move.

"It's a pirouette. Ballet. I've done a lot of dancing, grown up learning various styles from classical ballet, to modern and hip-hop. Mostly because I had a lot of trouble staying still as a child. It was literally impossible for me to stay in one spot, so Cate and I found a way to channel that need to move," Cass grinned lightly as she then fell into a few more graceful dance steps, circling around Gerry as though she was floating on her feet.

"Just a hobby, really. Though, I'm looking into getting a part-time job as a junior dance instructor," The redhead then explained as she halted in front of the other girl once again with a small smile and shrug. "Get to do something I love, and earn a little pocket money on the side,so why not, right?"

"Some people don't like getting wet, I guess."  She didn't mind, as long as it wasn't like, juice or something she was covered in.  Water? Water was good.  Water was great, actually.  Not that she would want it to rain all the time, she enjoyed a bit of sun, too.  But she'd like it more than they were getting it lately.

Gerry watched in amazement as the maneuver was once again demonstrated to her.  "You have no bones.  Muscle, but no bones.  That's the only way."[/b]  It was the only way she could get what she saw to make any sense to her.  She didn't care that it was some sort of actual living, breathing art form.  Her opinion was firmly set into place.

"That's... a lot of dance.  But if ti keeps you occupied and out of trouble, then why not?"  She herself had never received any sort of dance lessons or training.  Like so many things, it had been hindered by one small thing--her family's income.  The fact that she owned her own broom was astounding.  Her first she'd acquired from saving up from birthdays, Christmases, and with a little help from Morgan.  Her second was acquired in no small part thanks to a part-time job she'd taken in her previous year--which she still held, but would return to for another week.  They were good about letting her re-acclimate to school after breaks.

Gerry watched as Cass danced around her, a smile on her lips.  Still, she couldn't help feeling at least a little jealous.  It was beautiful, what Cassandra did.  "Now that's a job it looks like you're well-suited for.  I definitely support the working woman.  I do part-time as well."  Not that it was anything terribly glorious.  She mostly did a lot of cleaning and polishing, stuff that kept her busy, her job's place clean, and kept her out of customers' faces--the latter part being something she actually quite preferred.

"Those people clearly have no sense of adventure, and probably need a little less coddling... unless they have legit reasons, like bad health or something. That's something that is pretty understandable," Cassandra canted her head in through, even as she was joking around, yeah, she wouldn't be able to blame someone if they easily caught colds or something. Because, that would definitely suck, she felt a little bad then for those people, they were missing out on some of the simplest but most wonderful experiences by virtue of genetics.

A light laughter escaped Cass as she was accused of having no bones. If only, though that would actually make life and dancing quite difficult, if not impossible.

"I've got bones, I've broken a few growing up. It's actually pretty easy to get a stress fracture from dancing if you don't take the necessary precautions or push yourself too much past your bodily limits," Cass had seen girls who had to give up dance because of injuries that basically ruined any kind of potential dancing career they might have been dreaming of. "Well, keeping me out of trouble was part of the plan, yes..." Cass had to grin at that, it hadn't worked all that well, since she was only distracted some of the time.

"Well, we all have to get out there and earn a living, right? I mean, even though Cate is happy to take care of me, I want to do something to earn my own way. I still remember when I was little and she was trying to raise me, as well as study her university courses, and also work on top of it all. I have one hell of an idol to live up to," The redhead chuckled quietly before offering a gentle shrug. She also wanted to prove to herself that she could handle responsibilities like working as well as study. Plus, it was dancing, something she might not get to do much anymore if she decided to look at Auror studies next year.

Ooh.  She was harsh.  Gerry raised an eyebrow at the strong words she gave about people needing less coddling.  People were just different.  As much as a great many people pushed her every button she still wouldn't want to try and make anyone conform to one, or even several, traits.  Life was beautiful in its own sick, disgusting way, with all the small differences.

"Still don't believe it.  Not when you can move like that."  She had to shake her head.  "That's some inhuman magical business there."  She had no idea she was talking to someone who was, by technicality, inhuman.    "Shh. Don't correct me.  Let me indulge in this fantasy so I can feel better about myself."  Why not let a small piece slip out?  If she was a friend of his, she couldn't be so bad, right?  Surely she could trust his judgement in friends.

The name never made a connection in her mind.  New year, many new professors, she hadn't memorized them yet.  It was like there was some huge staff overhaul during break and it was entirely unsettling enough.  "That's some woman!  A kid, school, and work?  She sounds like the epitome of successful."  The kind of person that could inspire so many others,

The raised brow was noted, though Gerry would probably learn in time that a lot of things Cassandra said should be taken with a grain of salt, and never too seriously. The redhead was more than well aware of the varieties of people in the world. But... she also had experiences that made the world a different colour to her than it was to most people her own age. To her, a rainstorm and getting wet was literally nothing in the grand scheme. Hell, a pie in the face was nothing.

"It's not like I'm the only person in the world who can do it. Just takes practise, a lot of it," Cassandra chuckled, but she couldn't help but note the slight tone of Gerry's words and canted her head at the other girl as she paused a moment in some contemplation. "You can always learn still if you wanted to, it's never too late to try something new, you know," The redhead smiled brightly as her own brows rose, almost as though perhaps in challenge, to see whether the other girl would back down or rise up to the idea of it. "I could even teach you a few dance moves some time... I promise, nothing that'll break your back or legs," Cass laughed softly, before offering a small wink.

"Yeah, Cate's an awesome role model alright, but everything she's done and accomplished has been at the cost of basically no personal life," The young woman shrugged gently, before wincing a little. She probably shouldn't be talking about her aunt's life so blatantly with a student who might end up in her class. It felt too much like gossip, and might give Gerry some wrong ideas about her.

"But yeah. She's done a lot, she even wrote a series of books... well, still writes them, it's far from ending I imagine. Based loosely on crimes and mysteries that she's helped to solve. You'll find them easily enough if you look up Caitlin Sullivan at a bookstore or library some time," Cass nodded as she smiled softly. She was proud of her aunt, there was no doubt about that, but she did worry about the woman possibly being lonely. She was thirty-six and didn't even have her own family aside from Cass. She knew there was a part of the woman that wanted one too.

"I don't doubt that." It would probably take her years of practice just to do that one single manuever.  

She nodded her head, a half-smile half-grimace on her face when Cass said she could still leanr.  In theory, yes, yes she could.  In practice....not so much.  "It's...not so easy as simply wanting to." she stated.  No, things at home, and here, were strained in more waysy than one.  Still...the offer..  she couldn't turn that down. "But.. well, I mean.."  She rubbed the back of her head, laughing at herself.  "Just don't make fun of me too much.  I'm not the most graceful person.  And I'd appreciate not having my legs broken.  I need those."  She'd prefer not to have anything broken, actually.  At least not yet.

No personal life?  "That's...I mean she still sounds amazing...but that's.. that's so sad."  What was it like to not really have any time to yourself, to not have any friends?  To just fill all one's hours with anything and everything else, to keep moving forward, to keep pressing on?  She shook her head.  She didn't need to ask.  That summed up the majority of her fourth, and part of her fifth, years.  Only... well, she wished that her tanked social life had been by choice.

Cassandra was quick to bring the mood back up with more accomplishments.  "Is there anything she doesn't do?"  Gerry asked with a laugh."[/b]  Caitlin Sullivan.  ......Wait.  Caitlin Sullivan?  That's when the gears started to click into place.  That was... one of her teachers this term.  "And she teaches defensive magic."  The family was full of super women, apparently. 

As amazing as she sounded, Geraldine was far more interested in spending time with her peer, not her professor.  She reached out to take Cass by the hands.  "Come on, let's see what you can do."

"Actually... anything is as easy as wanting to, if you have the determination," Cassandra said easily to Gerry as the other girl seemed to try and make an excuse as to why she wouldn't be able to learn to dance. There was something in the redhead's gaze that said she knew from experience, that life hadn't been exactly easy on her either, and yet she was fierce and stubborn. She didn't let anything get in her way. At least she seemed amenable to the idea of Cass showing her some things, and the redhead chuckled softly, "Why would I make fun of you? Everyone starts somewhere, and besides, you might be pretty good." It sounded like Gerry was someone who was used to being thought badly of, or at least had learned to think badly of herself, and that just wouldn't do.

Girl needed some confidence boosting!

The mention of how it seemed sad that Cate had missed out on so much while also accomplishing so much was met with a small moment of sombreness from Cass though, as she thought about everything that her aunt had done for them, and for her specifically as well. It really hadn't been an easy life, not when there was not only so much work for the older woman, but also the dangers lurking over their shoulders. Cass mentally shook herself, she couldn't get into that frame of mind, it would ruin her chill.

"Yeah, she's the DADA teacher this year," Cass half smirked before chuckling softly, "She's nervous as all hell about it too, though I have no idea why. She'll be a natural, just wait and see." She shook her head a little, before offering another soft laugh. One would think someone with Cate's experience would be confident as all hell moving down a couple of steps to teaching.

And then Cassandra's hands were taken up and she blinked at the girl in front of her in slight bewilderment for a few moments. Show her what she could do? Had someone already gone and told people around the school about her ability?? Shit, Cate was going to kill her.

"Uh, what I can do?" Cassandra asked, still blinking a moment, before another realisation reached her and a light seemed to flicker in on her head, "Oooooh, you mean dancing?" She lifted her brows as though looking for confirmation before continuing, "Well, as much as I love being a spur of the moment girl, if I'm going to teach you some things, then I'm going to have to be professional about it, because no way am I going to let you get injured." The redhead nodded matter-of-factly, "So, a dry place with an actual floor to avoid tripping, and less of us being dripping wet... because slipping around doesn't count as dancing, unfortunately." She grinned then before chuckling as the imagery even popped into her mind of slipping and sliding around on a polished dance floor.

This girl had a ferocity to her.  Not so much outwardly, but the way she looked at her, something in her eyes.  It said she strove, and sturggled, and she wasn't a person to take 'no' for an answer.  In this particular battle of wills, Geraldine was more than happy to be the one to concede.  It wasn't lack of want--she'd always wanted to take lessons since she was a girl. Her family simply....couldn't do it.  And despite her part-time job, she was also heavily bogged down with classes and, if things went according to plan, Quidditch as well.  Most of her funds from work, that weren't being set aside in savings, were put toward the sport, or toward her potions ingredients.

She arched an eyebrow.  "You're apparnetly kinder than most people around here.  The idea of someone floundering around is enough to make a lot of people double over."  Herself among them, in all honesty.  Watching people fall over themselves was something that just seemed naturally humorous.

Cass confirmed her suspicion and that was all she needed to know.  She'd see later if that would be a good, or a bad, situation to be in.  Although if the two were anything alike, the class certainly wouldn' tbe easy.  That was fine, she didn't like easy.  Easy was boring.

Her newfound friend looked confused for a moment, so she swayed their hands a little from side to side while she waited for her to figure it out, all the while a smug look planted firmly on her face.  "Yeah, what else?  I don't want to see your dueling skills.  That would be something I wouldn't care to explain to Audrey."  Woman was practically a menace.

It seemed there was waiting involved, which was fine.  They were a right mess at the moment, and water did have a tendency to be rather slick and unpredictable.  Still, it would also serve her time to worry about it all the more.  "What?  You've never slid around your kitchen in only your unmentionables to an awesome rock song on the radio?  Because that definitely constitutes dancing."

Cassandra hadn't meant to seem intimidating in her ferocity, and her expression softened when she realised that she may have come across that way. A hand lifted to push some of her hair back and she had to remember that everyone had their own stories and trials, and while not always on the same level, each trial still meant something to the person involved. She did however offer a smile that revealed the kindness of the redhead, despite all of her joking and harsh words, she only ever really wanted people to be happy, and to be able to help in some way toward that.

"Hey, I might have a small giggle, but I wouldn't pick on you. Instead, I'd just help you out, show you what you could do to improve, and be supportive if you're feeling discouraged," Cassandra canted her head and her smile turned into a more impish one as she shrugged gently. "Of course, I may have to rope someone into filming the dancing lessons so that we can relive those precious memories at a later date too." She half-joked with a small wink.

"Well, who knows what rumours could have circulated about me!" Cass said in a faux defensive tone, before then grinning and chuckling quietly. "Maybe one day you'll get to find out what other amazing skills I have up my sleeve, but dancing is something I'm definitely not shy about. But I also don't want to go causing people to break their leg or something." She shook her head with a small smile, though then laughed as Gerry brought up an ever so famous scene that even Cass had heard about, despite not being as movie literate as a lot of people.

"Oh, everyone has done that, haven't they? It's very different than trying to squelch around like a pair of mud-wrestlers in the rain though," The redhead laughed lightly, even just the imagery of slipping and sliding around the mud sounded hilarious... and actually fun. The next thing she knew, she took off toward a patch of mud that looked gentle enough that the fall impact wouldn't be too jarring, and she jumped, and barely landed on her feet to slide, before realising she'd come at this way too fast, and her legs slipped out from under her, leaving the woman sliding through the mud on her rear before coming to a slow halt as she flopped back, laughing loud up at the sky.

• LOL 1

"Good.  If you didn't at least giggle I'd wonder if you'd have a hidden camera.  Just waiting."  She was half-joking.  While she'd prefer not to be laughed at, it....simply went against human nature not to.  People who could keep a straight face usually had a hidden agenda.

Then camera wasn't hidden.  It'd be right in her face.  Her eyes enlarged at the idea of getting it all recorded to something.  Not that she was assuming Cass would blackmail her,but there were plenty of people who would probably love to.  More so if they were from that awful house of hers.  She seemed like she was joking, and the tension left Gerry when she realized this.  "It would be funny to watch myself fall on my ass.  In hindsight."  She had to admit that much at least.  "I don't know that I'd trust such horrors to most people."

She chuckled, pushing the hair that was slowly sliding forward out from her forehead again.  She had to shake her head as she grinned.  "Oh boy.  Something tells me these other skills would take me for one wild ride.  Or they're the most normal thing in the world, just for shock value."  

'Of course!" was her response.  It was such a fun, if private, thing to do.  Next thing she knew the red-haired girl took off  "Hey, where--!"  She stopped the call as she watched her jump and start a slide...and quickly ended up butt-sliding through the mud.  This girl was nuts!  There was a difference between getting drenched and taking a mud bath.

She jogged over, listening to the the squishing sound of her water logged shoes, and stopped as she leaned over her, laughing.  "What are you, a warthog?  Crazy!"  She offered a hand down to her, not sure how she was going to manage to get up otherwise.

"Noooo... I'm far too honest for that. If I'm going to bring a camera in, then it'll be right where you can see it, so that you know you're being filmed," Cassandra chuckled softly, and then even more so at Gerry's reaction to the whole idea of having it filmed for posterity. People never wanted reminders of their embarrassing moments, but a lot of those moments? Were often the best ones to be reminded of and laugh about at a later time. Cass wished a lot of her early years in Hogwarts had been filmed, that would have made an epic montage video of her learning fails and successes. She grinned brightly as Gerry agreed that it would be funny to watch later, "Right? I think those lighthearted embarrassing moments are the best to remember, especially when you need a pickmeup." She sighed softly with a nod.

"Ah, I'd never use that kind of stuff for malicious reasons, that's just cruel really. But I totally understand why you'd be wary about it, not everyone can be trusted not to use it to embarrass others and make them feel stupid. Which is funny, because usually the people who do spend their time trying to make others feel bad only do it because they feel stupid themselves and have to make someone feel worse than they do," The redhead lifted her brows as she spoke, before giving a small shake of her head. While she could understand the psychology of it, thanks to Cate, she still didn't see how anyone could think that was going to help their own issues in any way.

Cassandra, of course, had to try and slide on her feet in the mud as soon as the idea popped up in her head. She completely misjudged her speed, perhaps, and landed on her arse, resulting in sliding through a large puddle of mud and getting it practically all over her, but she was too busy laughing to care. Hell, even if she wasn't laughing, mud washed off. It was no big deal.

"Crazy like a fox," Cass retorted with a snicker as the petite redhead accepted the offered hand up. She slipped a little as she tried to get her footing, but eventually was returned to vertical position and rubbing her sore rear. "It was still fun though, like a muddy slippy slide," She grinned and giggled quietly, "I wanted to try and slide on my feet, but my run-up was way too fast. Wanna give it a try?" Her grin was challenging, since the Sturt had made it sound like such a ludicrous thing to do. Would the other girl take her up on it and risk falling on her own butt as well?

"Yeah, once the embarrassment goes away."  Was she some sort of psychoanalyist or something?  She could feel her insides starting to squirm.   She didnt' make a habit of going out of her way to make others feel bad, but she didn't tend to hold back a lot of her opinions when people were pissing her off either.  Or even just mildly annoying her.

"A fox, huh?  Is that because you're a ginger or what?  Never seen a fox get down in dirty."  Then again, she'd never seen a fox at all.  Just pictures online, or in books.  That was about the extent of her knowledge.  Gerry's feet slid slightly more apart as their both their footing went amiss, but she soon found her balance.

She grinned at her and offered a challenge and Geraldine looked down into the mud.  To her surprised, she at least considered it before shaking her head, smiling.  "No, no, I'm not real big on the mud look.  Wet's one thing, but that... no way."

"It's all a state of mind," Cassandra grinned and chuckled, offering a small wink. Certainly, she understood embarrassment, quite well actually. She couldn't list the amount of times she'd made a mistake or looked like an idiot in front of others. It was all a part of growing up though, she supposed. She'd simply learned that she couldn't take life too seriously or else it would end up breaking her. It was her sense of humour that mostly kept her afloat all her life, and she didn't want to think what kind of person she might be... or if she even still would be around, if she wasn't able to gain whatever enjoyment she could out of life. "That's just my thoughts though, which don't mean much in the end," The redhead gave a small shrug. People could take or leave her words, she wasn't here to pass judgement or change their minds.

Of course, a perfect example of the woman making a fool of herself was already quite visible, as she got to her feet, and allowed some of the rain to begin washing clumps of mud off her. She wiped down her arms and rear as she shrugged gently. The fox comment was something  she'd just heard somewhere once, though couldn't remember where. It was probably something that would come to mind again one day, but it just sounded weird, like her.

"People pay hundreds of dollars to take mud baths and we have it all here for free," Cassandra grinned, but didn't mind either way whether the other woman wanted to join in on her fun or not. If she didn't like mud then that was her call, though the redhead clearly had the care of a child who just wanted to jump in all the puddles and make mud castles and then laugh at their parents when they saw them covered head to toe in dirt. "But that's totally your call, I'm quite happy to be the only lonely mud monster in the school." She snickered quietly, and then - carefully - made her way toward a bench, before flopping down on the seat. The only problem with the mud was that it now weighed down her clothing even more than the water, but it was probably time for a small breather anyway and she sighed as she tipped her head back.

"So tell me about yourself then, Gerry. You local? I'm still mostly exploring the surrounding area and the town, though I got to wander around a lot before school started back up. It's nice out here... if stupidly hot."