School Status:
Tallygarunga: Term One, VMU: Semester One

House Points

Sturt
Flinders
Spencer
Bourke
pxmBtN.png
An AU non-canon Harry Potter-inspired forum roleplay set in Australia.
THE AUSTRALIAN HOME OF MAGIC

Spencer ☆ Spencer Quidditch Team Seeker, Pro WrestlerKirupachi
15 year old Halfblood Human ☆ She/Her

Another day off of training. At least Amber had made a full recovery and was throwing herself off of high places again, and embodying what a bumping technician should be (as put by one of her idols, Mayu Iwatani). But much to her chagrin, as the break ended, everybody was moving on with their lives. Mairead and Alyona were busy with their school things, Meadow was obsessing over the distant SPIDER exams, Samantha apparently got a job (and, of course, she forgot about Travis again)... It wasn't like she could ask Gem or Keira to hang out in the middle of a work day either.

She had to find someone who would put up with her that cloudy afternoon. It's not like her parents would have a choice, right? They were dead and buried, they'd just have to deal with it.

Amber sat by the headstone of her parents' graves, whom were put to rest side by side. It read 'Fisher and Elisa Cross - Always stood for what was right'. A few nice little words for two people whom perished defending rights that weren't their own without being too obvious and confusing Muggles about it. The Spencer crossed her legs, not seeming too sad about the little encounter.

"Heya. Been a while. My bad." She spoke with a little more pep in her voice than someone in a graveyard would normally have. "Sorry, been kinda busy with a dead back. I'd cut it off, but, y'know, I don't think I could flip without a spine."

She couldn't help but chuckle at her own little joke, but a prolonged silence followed. She could tell them about all the things she had gone through lately, as usual - meeting that weirdo pretentious chick in Tally, destroying her back with a bad bump, Keira and Evelyn double teaming to make her Christmas celebration absolutely miserable, the adventure in the lakes, bringing cats to class... There were so many things she could bring up, but one stood out the most.

"...Am I too childish?"

Her tone lowered ever so slightly as she spoke, almost as if she was ashamed of admitting it. She wanted an answer she knew she wasn't getting, for better or worse - she knew that to be the case, but she didn't exactly want to have it confirmed. Instead, she wanted to be reassured it was a normal thing. With everybody moving on with their lives and her being stuck to pop culture and pro wrestling like nail to flesh, there was no other logical conclusion - she needed to move on as well somehow. But it felt wrong. It didn't feel like she'd be becoming someone that she wanted to be.

"Pretty funny of me to ask this of people who are gone for their beliefs, eh? I bet you don't regret it one bit." Even so. She was tired of being treated like a child. How could she possibly become a grown up in other people's eyes? Would she ever? She let the topic simmer in her brain, gaze cast to her crossed legs.