Sign in to follow this  
Jason Miller

Complete Nothing Else Matters (Feb 11 2018)

Melbourne ☆ Creative Director Melbourne DanceKay
33 year old Halfblood Human ☆ her/she

Doe had never been a heavy sleeper.  With Malcolm it had been about survival.  Here it was more about her kids.  She was aware he had come in- though she had no idea how long she had been face down in the bed. The tension she had felt was not quite dissipating But in time it would.   Or so she hoped she let out a small sigh his hand on her back made her stir she moved to look at him.  

That was the question.  She bit her lip before she sat up to face him.  "We are getting there". She said.  She leaned in to kiss him.  Something they had not shared in a while.  Her hand rested on his cheek and drummed lightly.  

"Jason I love you so much it hurts". She said softly "but we've been so out of sync... i iust want that back". She said "I know with the kids it's different..." she paused.  "But I have missed you it's like living with a ghost"

Ministry Head ☆ Head of Magical Law Enforcement - Victorian Ministry of MagicScotteh
38 year old Pureblood Human

Jason leaned into the kiss, and smiled. It was nice. He didn't think she'd ever want to kiss him again, or have anything to do with him really. "I love you too, Doe. I know I haven't been home a lot recently, and I know it's been rough. When I moved into the department head spot, it had awarded us much more time together than when I was in the field. I know it's busy right now, with the transitions, and with everything going on with this Sollozzo character being in Australia. Extra security at the school. This will all blow over though, and I'll be back home more. So much more that you'll tell me to go to work just to get rid of me." He said, and chuckled.

"But, seriously, it will get better. I'll be home more once this is all over. I know you all need me, but they need me there too. I'm just needed everywhere and there is not enough of me to go around. I wish I could be in two places at once more than anything. But, I can't." He rubbed her leg with his hand. 

"I've missed you too though. We will get through this."

She always felt so selfish when she asked him for his time... she was not the only one.  "Sometimes this job makes me feel as though I am the mistress". She knew no matter what she wanted, she could r have it.  A few days here and few days there... she sighed.  "I know it's selfish of me... but I want my husband". She said with a sigh.  The truth was his job would always come between them he had chosen to serve all for the greater good.  How could she compete with that? 

Her posture sagged in the bed.  She gave a small sigh as she she looked at him.  "I had not given up on us when I left.  I needed space."  She said to assure him.  "It was so ugly... we were so ugly."  She said.  "I didnlt was to set the house on fire". She had been known to do that once or twice, not the house... a trash can maybe.  "We can't stop communicating like that again."  

Ministry Head ☆ Head of Magical Law Enforcement - Victorian Ministry of MagicScotteh

Jason sighed. "I know you want your husband, but the fact of the matter is that even when all of this is said and done, and I'm retired and gone from the Ministry, I will still be your husband. You'll always have me. It's just the time. Like I said though, this will pass, and I'll be home so much that you'll be begging me to go to work." He smield at her. 

Jason grabbed Doe's hand, and rubbed it with his thumb. "I agree. We can't stop communicating like that. So, we're going to have to figure that part out. My assistant will know that you are to let into my office. No appointment necessary. You can bring the kiddos. We can have lunch together every day, if needed. Something until this phase is over with and I can be home more." Jason kissed the top of her head. "I just don't want to ever lose you because of this job. You are my rock."

She was not sure what would make her leave him.  It would take some pushing and pulling… she wanted to fight for this relationship but she was also so tired.  It was just as hard on his family when he wasn’t there.  She had to tell Silas daddy would be home soon, and that he may have missed dinner but he would be home later.  That the bedtime story would be read by just mommy tonight… but Daddy would be home soon.  She let out a small sigh as she watched the man on the bed.   

”getting both ids out of the house is an intense production by myself, I don think lunch everyday is feesable.”  She said with a small smile.  It was impossible sometimes.  They could be so stubborn, but then again- it was a family trait.  They were all stubborn.  She let out a small sigh as she looked at him.  ”I don’t want to lose what we have either.”  She said.  Her heart would not survive another break.  She knew that much.  ”I’m sorry I left.”   

Jason sighed. "And I'm sorry I told you to leave." He said, and this was true. He did not expect her to actually do it, and when she did, it broke him. The short time without her had been murder to his soul. He did not want to live through that again. "We will get through it all. We always have, and we always will. We can not be defeated." Jason laid back, and kissed Eudoxia. When he pulled away, he laid his head down beside her, and put his arm around her waist. "I love you, Doe. Always will. You know that right? There will never be another." She would be the only woman for him until he took his last breath. She was the one person who kept him going each and every day, outside of his children. She was his rock. He could never see anyone else, and never wanted to.

she left because what he said had wounded her.  Deeply.  She had not wanted to make things worse and she was thrown off.  They usually went toe to toe.  This was not something she had seen coming honestly.  ”I know.  She said she moved closer. She couldn’t remember the last time they had been able to do this.  It had seemed like so long ago.  She shifted and looked at him.  ”I love you too, I would have to in order to have two of your children.”  She said with a small laugh.  ”The tempers they will have.”  It would be quite the volatile home if they were not careful. 

"Hell, I'd have to love you to have two children with you. I don't know who can be worse, to be honest. You or me." He said, laughing again. They'd both been good at fighting, and that could be trouble with both children. They were strong willed, but stubborn. "You realize that it's going to be harder to tell them no whenever they get older right? They are going to argue as to why they need whatever it is, and what the benefits will be. I just hope that they don't decide to throw punches. Between the two of us, if they gain our strength combined, we will be screwed during a tantrum." 

Jason snuggled her closer to him. "This is nice." He said. It had been a long time since they'd been able to really get a moment alone. Silas usually tried to get in between them, or now Persephone started crying at the most in-opportune times. It was a rarity that they even got time alone. He could see why she was having such trouble with it.

”I thought you were in love with me since I ran into you on the beach.”  She pointed out.  She had no idea why it struck her as odd that he said that.  She supposed she had not known he had felt that way.  Or that anyone might feel that way about her.  It was just after the massive failure that had been her relationship with Lucas… It was kind of amazing they found one another at all given the road they had both traveled. The road they still traveled.  Their marriage was far from easy.  Then again no one had an easy marriage.  Happily ever after was always hard work. 

”It is nice.”  The last time she had been this close to her husband was quite a bit ago.  Before Persephone had come along.  She nuzzled into his neck.  She had missed him.  She had missed everything about him.  It was rather frustrating to feel like the mistress in her marriage.  She felt safer when she was tucked into him. 

"I think the word you're really looking for is collided, my dear. Collided. Ran into implies you didn't cause me physical harm." He chuckled. "I think it left a scar." He joked, of course. However, had it not been for the series of events in which they seemed to just find eachother, then all of this wouldn't even be possible. Jason didn't know where he'd be right now. At the time, he was dealing with his own demons, and was at risk of losing who he was as a person. Doe had changed all of that, and turned his life around. He felt as though she had rescued him from himself.

As she nuzzled into him, he pulled her in closer to where there wasn't a bit of space between the two of them, and he kissed the top of her head again. "We still have to renew our vows, you know."

”Good, I like to leave an impression on those I meet.”  She said with a smile.  ”A permanent reminder of me with you wherever you go.”  She said as she nipped at his neck.  They had always been a rather physical couple.  Maybe colliding with one another had simply been the foreshadowing of the relationship.  Even now the tension and anger had started to melt.  The iceberg she had build around herself for the time being was starting to give way to the usual demonstrative dynamic they had.  When she slept she slept pressed against him, even as sleep would pull them apart she had to touch him, to make sure he was still there, that he had not been taken from her.  Though with Persephone, she spent many night sleeping in the rocker in her nursery. 

”Oh yes our vows.”  She said with a smile.  ”I suppose that will have to wait until things low down and Sollozzo is taken care of.”  Until that man was caught her husband would be busy, very busy  She shifted a moment.   

"Yes, well, I suppose you're right on that. It probably wouldn't look good to the public if the Head of Magical Law Enforcement was renewing his vows while a dangerous criminal was at large." Jason sighed. "The public eye. We're in it now more than ever." It was the downfall of his campaign to become Minister. Before, he was sort of the man behind the scenes, helping keep the country running smooth and safely. Now, however, he was in both regards. "When we get through this, we shall have a ceremony. Something proper. It can be private, or open to guests. That is up to you." 

Jason wasn't sure how she would feel for a public ceremony, open to press. It was probable, though, given what position he could be in by the time it were to occur. Jason was impartial to it, though. As long as he had Doe and the children, he was content with whatever came his way.

Doe knew that he wouldn’t be able to get married before the man was caught.  She knew that before he was caught she would take on the role of mistress when it came to his job.  She couldn’t complain the man’s work was for the safety of all.  She still hated it, she still hated not being able to have dinner with him.  To have nights where they just stayed in and watched a movie.  Usually they were picked by Silas and therefore cartoons but she had grown quite partial to some of the movies the boy liked.  Doe was private, she always had been.  She liked to keep others at arm’s length for many reasons but it seemed now that she needed to do a little better with appearing warm and open.  

”I am sorry for anything that has come back on you about my family.”  She knew she as hardly the right sort of woman to be married to a man in his position.  She had heard people say as much about her.  With her father, and her brother.  Though Lot had not killed someone.  ”I don’t think I want the public involved, they are already too involved in this relationship.”  She said, glad that the gossip mongers had not caught onto the trouble she and Jason had been having.  It was hard on her to be the focus of what people thought about her.  ”I think we should do family only. And Close friends.”  She suggested.  ”Small.”  she always liked the ability to name her guests.

"Nothing has come up about your family, dear. I didn't think it would, if I'm being honest." He said, and even if it had, he was prepared for it. He even had a speech ready. "It has nothing to do with you, or me. My family has a dark past too. It happens. We can't be held accountable for people around us. Only our own actions."

Whenever she stated she didn't want the public involved as they already were so much, and that she wanted to do family and close friends only, Jason nodded. 

"That's fair enough. Small will be nice. We will have too many public appearances at certain points anyway, I am sure." He said, frowning. "Not something I'm particularly excited for anyways. I hate having to do these press conferences and all that jazz. However, my assistant continually tells me that it looks better coming from the Head of the Department as opposed to the Head of the Auror division. I suppose she's right, but honestly, I hate it as it. Something I have to be used to." 

Jason looked down at the ground. "Honestly, I miss being out there in the field. Sollozzo is exactly the type of person I loved going after."

She bit her lip and pulled away.  The idea of him going after this man- to go after any man honestly.  The last thing she wanted was to have to say goodbye to him.  Not just the way they did on the day to day, but to have to say goodbye, for good.  She let out a small sigh.  ”I know.”  That was all she really could say.  She knew he liked to be out in the field.  She knew that he didn’t like the politics of it all.  ”But we need you.”  She reminded him  Well, Doe didn’t need him, she didn’t want anyone, but she wanted him around and that was far more powerful than needing him around. 

”Just be careful and come home safe.”  That was all she could say. In the grand scheme of things there was not much that she could say or do to keep him from getting out in the field.  She took a breath.  ”I get very tired of time in the hospital.” 

"I'm not going into the field, Doe. You know as well as anyone that my body probably would not be able to keep up. I'd be more of a liability." This was true, too. The curse he had taken the last time he'd gone out into the field, the very one that landed him in the hospital the time she was referring to, had ended any time he had left in the field. His field career was cut short in his prime. He'd been doing his physical therapy, and he'd been keeping up with his workout routine, but at the end of the day, he didn't want to risk it. He also didn't want to risk his children growing up without their father, and Doe having to lose her husband. He was not willing to sacrifice everything he had for a few moments of glory.

"I'm better off behind the desk. I'm better off leading. It comes natural to me, and I have tons of experience and knowledge. I'm better suited doing what I'm doing. Leading and training." He kissed Doe on the cheek. "So, no need to worry about me."

She smiled and let out an inaudible laugh.  ”I know- you can hardly keep up with me”  she said with a smiled.  She then thought for a moment.  ”I also know that no matter how hard you try you cant help but put the safety of your people, of those around you before your own.”  it was something she had admired.  He had the ability to think of others in a grand way.  ”And I know you wouldn’t hesitate if you absolutely had to.”  She shook her head.  She may not have to worry and she did worry much less since he moved behind the desk.   

”I will worry.”  she said this in a way that deemed acceptance.  ”I worry about everyone.”  It was the PTSD she had worked through a lot of it, but there were still lose lingering things that plagued her.  Letting out a small sigh she ran her hand through her hair. Jason was the man who got the bad guys.  Silas told his friends about the way his father was a hero.  She smiled.  ”I just think the more this family stays out of the hospital the better.” 

Jason nodded. "I agree. It's best we all stay out of the hospital if we can avoid it." Of course, she was also right about one thing, if they absolutely needed him, he would never hesitate to go into Auror-mode. However, he would do his best not to. He patted Doe on the leg, and stood up from the bed. He bent down, and gave her a kiss on the lips, and when he pulled away he smiled. 

"You really do need to rest. You have bags under your eyes. You look like the walking dead, no offense. Just rest. I'm going to take Silas out, and we're going to play. I've missed the little munchkin." Jason kissed her again, and then turned and left the room. When he got to the door, though, he turned his head, and said, "I'm really lucky I have you. I love you."

Sign in to follow this