Cbox
Guest enabled! No advertising, and be nice! Not much happening here? Check out our Discord!
Welcome to Tallygarunga, an original roleplay set in the Harry Potter universe. Set in present-day Australia, tensions are high between the Ministry of Magic and the only Ministry-run wizarding school in the country. Become like the other snooty private schools? Not a chance.

Originally established in August 2006, Tallygarunga prides itself on an inclusive and active community. Once part of the Tally family, always part of the Tally family. Whether you're here for the first time, the thousandth time, or returning after a long time---welcome home.
Staff
Sadrienne
Founder
LilyCat
Admin
Kaitore
Sturt
Flinders
Spencer
Bourke
Tallygarunga
a non-canon au potterverse roleplay
August, 2019 :: Winter

Sturt ☆ Sixth Year ☆ Sturt Quidditch Team BeaterKirupachi
17 year old Pureblood Human ☆ She/Her

"Don't even think about it. I'm positive it's jinxed."

Rachel looked up from the mistifying punch bowl - how stereotypical was that for a ball? - upon a familiar voice reaching her ears. Her gaze landed on Lisa Knotley, an acquaintance whom had just made herself comfortable by leaning back against the table that thing was resting on, arms crossed under her chest, and visibly surveying the area with little interest. Was the ball too boring an event for her? 'For someone who went outta their way to dress like that, ya'd think they'd be the life 'o the party.'

"Jinxed? Huh." Did Tallygarunga have some sort of past with spiked punches?

"Yes. I don't know if it's the bowl or the liquid itself, but if you want to start off the year without having detention for half of it, I'd suggest you leave it alone. It sucks --trust me, I know-- but it is what it is. There are always better ways to... influence, teenage minds anyway." The blonde suggested. A spell here and there would cause a bit of much needed chaos in that otherwise boring party. That, and, she'd be able to fully get rid of her handsy date.

"Fine then." Letting go of her nefarious plan (for the time being), Rachel turned around and leaned back against the table as well. "No counter-curse or anything?"

"I can't counter-curse a spell when I don't know which it is. I could find out, but that always takes a while. By then everyone will be back at the dorms." Bummer. "There are easier ways to meddle with the event that don't need alcohol anyway."

"You got any ideas?" Rachel's fingertips tapped the underside of the table in a rhythm as she rested against it. Magic could be a hell of a trip, but they needed to be smart about it so not to get caught.

"Get back to me later on that one. This party is so dull that it managed to slow my brain somewhat. I have to think on it."

Bourke ☆ Seventh Year ☆ Student, Quidditch Chaser, Paper GirlTecri
17 year old Halfblood Human ☆ she/her

Aspen had wondered if she should go to the ball, it was getting late and she should hurry up if she really wanted to go and have some fun, ideally, she would be able to find most of her teammates there, which would be a good idea to improve the relationship with some of them. She decided to take a two-piece suit, she didn’t have money for a fancy dress or anything of sorts, so she had to take the only formal piece of clothing she had. The pants seemed to be a bit worn out but otherwise, it looked brand new.

She made her way to the ball and upon arriving she noticed Rachel and Lisa, there they were, there wouldn’t be one without the other, and if anyone needed Lisa all they had to do was find Rachel and if anyone needed Rachel, all they had to do was find Lisa. Hello you two. How’s the party going?” Aspen asked the two girls, doubting that they would even bother to reply to her, being who they were.

Aspen didn’t have anything against neither of them, but she knew that Lisa didn’t have the best reputation around school.

"Hm? Who're ya?" Asked the Irish girl, not recognizing the fellow teen who approached them - truth be told, she knew very few people in the school, despite having lazed within its confines for a couple months at that point. The only people she knew were the ones in the Sturt Quidditch team, and she was fairly certain this person wasn't a Sturt at all to begin with.

"Rachel Ryan, meet Aspen Clarke. Aspen Clarke, meet Rachel Ryan. Get along, you two might be on the same team next year." Said Lisa as she introduced the two. "If you get on the interschool team, that is." Rachel didn't take too well to the possibility that she wouldn't make it, which earned the younger Sturt a glare; one that she brushed off like nothing. Instead, Lisa turned around to grab a cup and proceeded to fill it up with the punch that the redhead (and herself, admittedly) had considered cursing just under a minute before.

"The party is quite boring, to be honest with you." Lisa finally responded, and a cross-armed Rachel nodded in agreement. "I'm yet to think on how to spice things up. That being said, you're dressed to impress today, aren't you? Who's the lucky date?" Even if she wouldn't say it out loud, Lisa did think the suit fit Aspen quite nicely. She certainly was far more pleasing to the eye than the date she had brought along. Nothing wrong with the man - save for the fact he was a man.

"...I might just leave early, this sucks..." Rachel muttered in annoyance.

A bit rude, wasn’t she? She seemed like a Spencer but to be talking to Lisa she was probably a Sturt. Aspen looked at Rachel but before she could start talking Lisa spoke. “I’m the Bourke’s Quidditch team captain” Aspen said before turning her attention to Lisa who had answered her original question.

“Thank you and I have no date today actually, unless any of you girls would like to have a dance with me.” Aspen proposed, unsure if any of them would like to dance, they probably had dates, but it didn’t hurt to ask. “Besides, you look dazzling Lisa.” Aspen commented looking at her fellow teammate, without any ulterior motive.  

Aspen didn’t want Rachel’s annoyance to be contagious. “How about we go dance? It won’t hurt, I hope.”  

Rachel observed the oldest of that trio. Bourke Captain, eh? That meant there was a good possibility she would become the interschool team Captain as well the following year. Begrudgingly, the redhead chose to behave. The last thing she needed was to have her effort to get into the team curbed by a behavioral bias. She had what it took to be a part of it, and wouldn't let a momentary lapse get in the way. She'd have all the time in the world to badmouth everything and everyone after the fact.

"You look quite dashing yourself." Lisa replied, appreciating Aspen's choice of suit. Lisa knew that she looked 'dazzling', as Aspen had put it, but it never hurt to hear it - she always enjoyed that sort of attention, and, even if it wasn't exactly common knowledge, she appreciated it far more when it came from the same team as compared to the other side of the fence. She wanted to take the girl on her offer, never having had much of a complaint about her company, but what would that do to her reputation?

"Ain't that yer guy over there?" A certain Irish woman's voice reached her ears, and Lisa looked at where she was pointing. It seemed that a teenager in an expensive suit was looking around, as if trying to find his date, and asking people something - presumably if they knew where she was. The blonde closed her eyes, as if the mere sight gave her a headache. 'Stupid handsy asshole...'

She had a choice to make. Either risk her reputation with rumors over being seen dancing with a woman, or risk being expelled due to being very close to decking the man, should he attempt to get within arm's reach again. Ultimately grabbing Aspen's wrist, it seemed that she had picked the former.

"You didn't see me." She told Rachel, who shrugged, before walking towards a more spacious area for a proper dance - dragging Aspen along. As she mentally evaluated the fact she was the taller of the two and might not end up leading the dance at all, she resented the fact she had decided on wearing heels with her getup that day. She was already the taller of the two, but the increased height would make it look a bit awkward.

Aspen bowed lightly to Lisa’s comment. After a long time playing with the Sturt it had been the first time she had seen Lisa dressed so formal. When Rachel spoke, Aspen looked at the direction she was pointing, it seemed that Lisa’s date had had just showed up, perhaps if Rachel didn’t mind joining everyone had a pair to dance.

She wasn’t expecting to be dragged all the way to the dance floor as Lisa tried to hide from her date. The action made Aspen curious about what might have happened between the two for Lisa to accept such invitation so quickly.

Once on the dance floor, Aspen smiled at her. “So, what happened between you and him?” Aspen asked trying to point at the direction that Rachel had pointed earlier but wasn’t seeing the boy anymore. “Well…shall we then.” Aspen held out her hand for Lisa to take so that they could start dancing.

Sturt ☆ Sixth Year ☆ School & Sturt Quidditch Team Captain, Chaser & Dueling Club CaptainKirupachi
16 year old Halfblood Human ☆ She/Her

After taking the hand of her new 'date' once prompted, the Sturt positioned herself to initiate the dance proper. For once, she let Aspen lead - soon, the two were moving along the dance floor effortlessly. At least Lisa was, given her educational background. Penrose drilled that sort of thing into the head of how a prim and proper lady should behave, and she never unlearned all those skills and composure. With both the distraction and cover enacted, they could finally have a proper conversation without Lisa wanting to jump off the balcony.

"That's the golden question, isn't it? It's not so much 'what happened', as opposed to 'what he wants to happen'." Her face was visibly struggling with not showing disgust. Despite her public persona of being a magnet for that sort of attention, truth be told, being touched by a man in such a way made her skin crawl. "Too handsy. I suppose he believed a meaningless ball date meant I'd be spending the night in his dorm room. Last I checked, I still have my standards and self respect..."

Aspen positioned her hands to lead the dance. The guy that Lisa was with didn’t seem much of a decent person if Aspen had to be honest about it. “Why can’t dudes keep it in their pants?” Aspen joked with the situation, but it was more common than Aspen expected. “Well, I can always punch him in the throat if he comes back.” It wasn’t something Aspen would do, at least not something she normally those but would she in this case? Probably if Lisa’s date was into harassing people, which she doubted he’d do it in a room full of people, where some were more capable than Aspen and more suited to punch someone.

Ah! The joys of having a male date, Aspen always avoided such a hassle, she preferred the ladies. “But don’t worry, I am sure he can’t find you in this crowd, as if he does my offer still stands.”  Aspen continued to lead the dance, it was a fairly slow one, she just hoped Lisa didn't mind.

Sturt ☆ Sixth Year ☆ School & Sturt Quidditch Team Captain, Chaser & Dueling Club CaptainKirupachi

"Don't get me wrong, I appreciate your gallantry." Lisa started as the music slowed. She didn't seem visibly upset with it - she had made her choice, and was going to stick with it. She'd rather have rumors made of her than spend another five seconds near that one waste of oxygen. As such she accommodated her arms for the type of dance they were engaging in, letting her arms hang loosely around her neck and letting the Bourke lead still.

"But, I prefer to think I'm entirely capable of knocking him out on my own." She joked with a bit of a mischievous smile. The two were Chasers of the highest caliber, meaning they had to have very strong arms to handle the Quaffle to begin with. With that came heavy hands, and she could only imagine how long the boy would have to spend in the infirmary should either of them decide to ball their fist and spring into action.

"This night is one of celebration, though. If I could go one day in my life without getting my hands dirty, it wouldn't be so bad. And I suppose I owe you one, don't I?"

Aspen smiled at Lisa as they danced. “I don’t even know why I am surprised at that.” Aspen commented as Lisa spoke about being capable to knock down the man, after all, they both practiced Quidditch, Aspen wasn’t sure if Lisa was planning to go pro unlike herself, but that didn’t mean anything, they were both physically adequate to punch someone. The dance continued and Aspen continued to lead.

“You can owe me or not, it’s up to you. I don’t consider this a favor.” Aspen didn’t expect anything in return. “If one day you feel like it, I’ll be down for it.” Aspen said flashing a smile at Lisa, maybe one day she can collect it. “I am a bit excited for the new school year since it’s my last and all, how about yourself?”

By that point, Lisa had fallen into a sense of comfortability within the slow dance, not minding the company at all; much less what others thought of it. It was a rarity that she let herself enjoy anything that didn't involve work to such an extent. It made her almost always tense musculature relax with the situation, and it allowed her to phase her surroundings out of focus, tuning them out completely. Hopefully her actual blasted date wouldn't ruin her fun.

"I'm looking forward to it. The sixth year is where the pain starts, right? It's been too easy thus far." Or maybe it was just the case that Lisa studied too much for her own good, although that deep pool of knowledge she had acquired could eventually prove itself advantageous in the coming school year. "What are your plans? Ace the STINGRAYs and hope a team picks you up right outta school?" Seemed feasible. Aspen was good enough that more than one team would be competing to have her in their ranks, she figured.

Just like Aspen, Lisa seemed to be excited for the new school year, even if it wasn’t for the same reasons. “That’s the plan.” Aspen replied even if she wasn’t sure if she could ace the exams, she knew she could get a decent grade, above average, probably not as some Sturts, but all they do is study all day and all night, they probably deserve it more than she did.

“I’m sure some will do far better than me, but as long as I have good grades and they can see me play, I am sure I’ll have a couple of teams interested in me.” She was too cocky about her abilities as a Quidditch player, had to be, she needed to show how good she was.

“I know it’s still a while, but do you know what you plan to do when you graduate?” it was still early for Lisa, but Aspen always knew what she wanted since her fourth year at Tally, maybe Lisa was like her and knows what she wants.

"You should be fine, I'll see you playing in the League in no time flat." Came the rare compliment. Aspen was one of the very few Lisa ever bothered to recognize was at her own level (never beyond, of course, that was pure blasphemy). If the Sturt had once the thought of becoming a professional, there would be no reason why Aspen wouldn't succeed. Besides, she had always been fun to watch, as well as exhilarating to play against. It was one of those unique occasions where she actually wished for the best for someone.

"I'm not sure." Obliviator, or Auror? Both of those appealed to her skill set. And, last she heard, the respective forces were already keeping an eye on her to begin with. It was a matter of who pulled her in the hardest when the time came. "I'd wager a position within the Ministry. It pays well, has a decent career ladder and a flair of danger. What's not to like?" Unfortunately, it didn't have a lot of flying Bludgers going at her, but beggars couldn't be choosers, now could they?

It was odd for Lisa to compliment someone, especially a compliment that sounded sincere like that one. Aspen didn’t know much about the Sturt, only from their small conversations after practice and eventually from classes, but their social groups are entirely different. “Thanks.”

Work for the ministry didn’t sound too bad and it looked like a job that Lisa would enjoy, considering what Aspen knew about her. “Doesn’t sound too bad of a job, it has its perks after all.” Not the kind of work Aspen would do, she probably wouldn’t be able to follow that sort of job easily, or maybe she would simply get used to it as time passed by. “It should be easy enough for you, after all, you’re one of the best students in Tally and a talented one.”

Aspen continued to lead the dance.