School Status:
Tallygarunga: Term One, VMU: Summer Break

House Points

Sturt
Flinders
Spencer
Bourke
pxmBtN.png
An AU non-canon Harry Potter-inspired forum roleplay set in Australia.

Adoptable Spotlight

THE AUSTRALIAN HOME OF MAGIC

Sturt ☆ Nature Reserve HelperKirupachi
16 year old Muggleborn Human ☆ She/Her

Dull.

That was the one word Chloe had to describe this extravagant event she was forced to attend, at the behest of her mother. Dull. The Sturt felt so out of place in that ball it was ridiculous. Having extricated herself from her date (how on Earth had she even gotten one?), the girl decided to cool off by an open balcony. She just needed a breather. A breather she would never get because a half-Veela decided to enter her immediate vicinity, and with her went Chloe's capacity to think, as usual.

She watched as another girl seemed to be taking a break - she knew her from talking a few times before from past circumstances, but nothing beyond that. Most of the time, it was just the fact Chloe's gaze darted to the Bourke involuntarily, much to her chagrin. How she hated that attraction...

Taking a deep breath, she attempted to steel her nerves. The bright smile she got on sight made it quite difficult.

"Hey, Chloe!" Samantha greeted the Sturt. She was all too aware of what was going on in the older girl's mind; but, for once, it didn't actually bother her. This was because she knew Chloe wouldn't do a thing about it, and she actually looked bothered by the effect the passive charm had on her. "I didn't expect to see you here. You look good!" She complimented the choice of attire - a navy dress that hugged her frame nicely, and displayed the lean musculature of the woman. Even so, it wasn't that revealing. Whoever had picked it for her definitely went for the 'give just enough to want more' look, although it was disturbing to think someone would actually think that fit the girl's vibe.

"...Thanks. You too." Awkward as she was, that was one social aptitude she did have. She then stood silently, having no means of pursuing a conversation; the ball was in Samantha's court. It was perhaps for the best, the Bourke was a natural.

"Did you come here on your own?" Probably not. The headshake confirmed her suspicion. "Who did you come with?"

"A friend of my sister's." He had invited her for some reason. Why hadn't he invited her sister instead? She'd never know. "What about you?"

"Tyson McKennis." Chloe's eyes lit up in recognition. Samantha pointed him over in the crowd inside the hall, and waved at him. "He's leaving this year, so I figured I might as well go for a last hurrah, you know? I don't know if I'll ever get the chance to dance with him at a ball like this in my life, so I have to do it tonight."

Tyson McKennis. That was an interesting choice - one she herself had considered prior to being asked to the event. Perhaps it was for the best that she didn't go through with it, as it granted Samantha the opportunity to do so. It didn't bother her that much either way; if anything, she just wanted to go back to the dormitories.

"I'm assuming you're not going back inside for a while. Mind if I keep you company? It's getting a bit exhausting." Samantha leaned on the balcony. Chloe didn't protest, but she couldn't help but hope Sam's magnetic presence didn't end up attracting her fans to that little spot...