School Status:
Tallygarunga: Term One, VMU: Summer Break

House Points

Sturt
Flinders
Spencer
Bourke
pxmBtN.png
An AU non-canon Harry Potter-inspired forum roleplay set in Australia.

Adoptable Spotlight

THE AUSTRALIAN HOME OF MAGIC
Andrea Riverpond

Invite Getting lost is a superpower

Professor Teaching Staff ☆ Wandless Magic ProfessorTecri
28 year old Pureblood Human ☆ She/Her/Hers

Tag: @Derrick Ackers                    Date: Just numbers                      OOC Notes: no comments without my lawyer

She wondered why things in Australia were so different from some places she had been in, especially the weather, how it was summer in January? Whoever oversaw the weather should be fired, it was the season of snow and warming up next to the fire while waiting for spring to come along and bring it’s joy back into the world, but not in Australia, it was hot, she was sweating, and she was hating the weather. Andrea should be used to the weather by now but being a creature of habits, she would rather complain than to do anything about it.

Andrea arrived at the school, she just hoped they had some air conditioner inside. One might ask why doesn’t she use her ability? Well, the answer is quite simple, she prefers complaining about the situation, besides, there are machines that do that.

Once inside she wished she had a map or at least some sort of indication to where she was meant to go. She approached a board but there was nothing in it, next logical action, at least to her complicated self was to ask someone, why did she have to talk to people in her first time there? She was expecting things to go smoothly, but she should have expected something like this was going to happen. She approached someone and gently tapped them on the shoulder.

"Excuse me, can you please tell me where I can find the school's layout? Or tell me which way is this classroom?" she asked, pointing at the name on the paper she had on her hand; hopefully this person wasn't some random idiot that didn't know where the classroom was. 

Professor Head of Spencer ☆ Professor of Elemental Magic, Head of Spencer✩ Kaitore
27 year old Halfblood Human ☆ HE/HIM

He'd been directing a few students here, orienting newly arrived Spencer's there - It'd been an overly busy day for him and it hadn't even been the end of the week just yet. There had still been the occasional exchange students that would arrive and often they arrived later than everyone else due to travel and preparations with paperwork and securing the final okay from whatever Ministry's approval that they sought. It'd been so chaotic he didn't even have any time to place proper pranks on a few of the students yet! This just wouldn't do, it meant that he'd need to kick up the tricks in the next few weeks to make sure he made an appropriate mark on the newly arrived and a reminder to the returners for the year. 

Dressed in his casualwear with the major identifier on him being the shawl that marked him as Head of Spencer as well as a Professor amongst the schools staff. "Yea, yea, don't you new Spencer's worry! I'll give you a pretty good orientation on how we do. Just make sure you show up for Common Room meeting! AND BRING A TOWEL!" He couldn't guarantee that he wouldn't pop a prank on them mid speech but he also couldn't say that one of the many prankster students wouldn't do the same. He hadn't noticed the woman that had entered not entirely tuned into the fact that more Teacher's would be joining on, as much as they needed, he didn't have the chance to check the 'Water Cooler Gossip' of late with everything that had been eating at his time. 

As his shoulder had been tapped he whipped around swiftly to face the prodder. "Another st-" Instantly his mouth embedded shut and his eyes squinted. The woman looked familiar and his mind shuffled through the various faces he'd encountered in life, going younger and younger in his lifetime until the VMU days hit his mind. "Andrea. . .?" As if the school didn't have its resident serious Librarian as enough of a mascot for a bad time, he didn't expect to have another added on to that - If she'd been the same as he'd remembered her. "WAAAIT!" His eyes lowered to the paper as she pointed towards the name on the paper. Wandless Classroom - She was the new Professor for that class? "Oh. . . Oh lovely. Yea, I can show you were that class is. We can even pass by a print of the schools layout somewhere along the way.

Derrick couldn't very well leave a fellow Professor, no matter who it had been, to wander about on their own. "That's, of course, if you don't mind me be the one to show you. I mean, I could always see if someone else would do it but. . . I also don't think there's anyone else available." Damn his luck. 

Tag: @Derrick Ackers                   Date: Just numbers                   OOC Notes: no comments without my lawyer

As the man finished to talk to, whoever he was talking, Andrea was glad that he was finally able to give her some information, however, when she noticed who it was her smile disappeared and there was a surprised look on her face, which was followed by denial. “Oh god no, not you…” she commented. Andrea hadn't talked with anyone from VMU in a long time, the occasional bump on the street but everyone was so busy these days it wasn't easy to keep track of everyone she knew.

She didn’t hate him but she didn’t like being a target, last time she followed the rules, this time he probably won’t be so lucky. “Why of all the people I had to find you, you and your pranks…” she said. She took a deep breath and looked at him. “Hello Derrick, please tell me you’re done with whatever shenanigans you used to do. She asked, if she didn’t have a target on her back she could be civil and nice to him, he wasn’t exactly a bad person. 

When he agreed to show her around a genuine smile appeared on her lips and the look of constant judgment and disappointment was gone. “Thank you and no I don’t mind as long as you keep your shenanigans away from me, because this time I will get my revenge. she warned him, truth be told she wouldn’t be doing much too much, she didn’t have the same imagination he had. “How did you end up here, if you don’t mind me asking? I never considered you to be … don’t take this the wrong way …. teaching material” 

Professor Head of Spencer ☆ Professor of Elemental Magic, Head of Spencer✩ Kaitore

"Hey, that's my line!" Or was it more of hers? He had to admit her reactions back in VMU had only been due to the response of his various practical jokes. Some may even have called them more 'impractical' even downright just odd but he often slid those in the naysayers category. 'Here I was ready for an amazing school year again. Well. . . Maybe it won't be as bad? It's a long stretch since the old College days, right? It can't always be that she's a grumpfish.' The more he thought on it and the lack or unwillingness for him to change too much the more likely it turned out that his new colleague's reactions could be worse or even more hilarious now that they were going deeper into their adult years. 

Derrick had no personal issues with Andrea, not really, he admired the kind of dedication and seriousness that she held even if he felt she'd been too serious most times. It also could have just been the perception he held at the time do to the various scenarios that added on. "Hey there to you too, Annie. Shenanigans? Me? All of my stuff had been of good taste, I'll have you know! Er. . . Maybe it was. But you know what they say, you grow and you get better at your unique traits. Don't toss your guns away if they're working for you." He also wondered what kind of twisted being of magic he upset that they set up this meeting. Had he pissed off Alan!? No. . .It had to be Auds' own sense of a prank! It's only convenient that no one else was around! "To answer your question? Nope. Pranks in my name and game." 

His eyebrow arched upwards and a small smile creased on his lips. "Revenge, you say? Now, you make yourself a very tempting target there. I can't say that they won't find their way around. I also can't say the Spencer house wouldn't do anything either. But, hey, if you're willing to get revenge from one? I welcome that. I think this year may end up more fun for it." The thought alone excited him and the smile on his face grew even more boyish, as if he'd found another rival in the game of crazy and shenanigans that he'd intended to bring for the year. "You know, I ask myself every day when I get up and swing my legs over the bed. After getting my educator's degree I had actually planned to split and call it a productive success." He tried and it just hadn't been the same, not since the reason he'd even enrolled into VMU in the first place. "Let's just say somethings just weren't really. . .  Mixing well with me for my travels. Ended up being dragged into this gig by my best friend, She's the Headmaster's Assistant. Really, it had been her really twisted way to force me to stay a bit more rooted somewhere.

He lightly leaned his head towards the direction he'd be walking as a sign, then proceeded to walk expecting Andrea to follow. "What about you? I expected you to be at somewhere like. . . Penrose. Not that I think you're some kind of, you know, prissy person or whatever. Just figured you more of the type that enjoyed more of the, 'Tight ship running' leadership and angle." Tallygarunga hadn't been bad in that regard but it had been an experience that he couldn't explain without someone actually exploring it for themselves. "At any rate, I'm actually glad you're around. Students need someone with your personality, words with firmness and have that air about you that will make them listen most likely.

Tag: @Derrick Ackers                  Date:  -                  OOC Notes:  nyon

She couldn’t really complain much, at least it was a person she already knew and it meant she didn’t have to go through the whole introduction event that people usually did, which was a positive side to the fact that it was him who was going to show her to her classroom.

“Good taste? Really? You’re going with that?” she asked him, still regarding his past shenanigans. She had to admit some were pretty good, most of them were decent but some were just bad. “Pranking people is working for you? Because I'm sure it's not working for your victims.she said curious about his answer to her question. “And I'm assuming you’re not going to stop anytime soon. Just don’t use me as a target, you got plenty of them now, young, full of life, with hopes and dreams, use them.”

He replied to her revenge threat, it was more to try and dissuade him, she wasn’t as funny or creative, and if she did something was to send someone to the infirmary. “Are they doing it on their own or do you have anything to do with it? Because I have a feeling you did and you let them get away with it.” She replied.

She listened to his answer, about him ending up as a Professor. “Well, I wanted something different and I’m already serious enough, I don’t need elitists telling me what I can or can’t do, besides rich kids are like children…” she stared, but stating that she hated young children might not be a good start of the school year, at least these were old enough. When he spoke, she took it as a compliment. “Thank you, I just hope they aren’t stubborn.” She commented, thinking that it would be fun watching the light fade from their eyes for being stubborn and not being able to perform correctly, it’s probably going to teach them a thing or two about listening.

"You're right, I should amp that up to, 'Amazing taste'. Thanks for that catch." He gave a firm nod as if to settle the matter as if it had been a fact finally determined. "It's been working for me since I was a little lad in Tallygarunga." A casual shrug soon followed soon after. "But some people just need to loosen themselves up a bit. Taking things to seriously makes a permanent wrinkle on the forehead and probably drives you into the grave faster. Nothing wrong with enjoying life to its fullest." What the exact opinion of what 'the fullest' had been could always be drawn towards a personal opinion and perception. "Not anytime soon unless my death swings around or something. Anything's possible!"

Derrick let a soft snicker slither by his lips. "I don't inspire them in this age. Whatever they read on what I -may- have done in my younger years I can't be held responsible for, they're doing that on their own initiative." All he had to do had been to make sure that he bit the worse of the pranks in the butt before they ever evolved into full completion. That had been a lot more work to do with some of the more prominent pranksters in his alma mater. "At any rate: Spencer's will make sure people take themselves less seriously. Especially the Sturts, the mean muggers of the school.

"Ohoho, someone has a rebellious streak in them! I can admire that kind of a stance." Especially when it came to the more prim and proper mandates that came with Penrose and Greyheme. Those were places he wouldn't have been able to manage a month let  alone a year in as a Teen, perhaps even worse as an adult the more the thought stayed in his mind. "Oh, they'll be stubborn. They're -always- stubborn. Some are even naturally mouthy for one reason or another. Sometimes you just need to let them run the track, see where their mind is at. Then twist it to a new perspective that they perhaps never saw before or refuse to acknowledge. You'll get that too, the Teen's that don't want to budge from their opinions on certain things." 

Tag: @Derrick Ackers                   Date:   -                 OOC Notes: -

Andrea was starting to regret everything, especially asking someone for help, she couldn’t stand pranks, perhaps when she was younger she would enjoy a few, but now she has no time, nor patience for them. “You know, I wasn’t always this serious, unlike some people I decided to grow up, besides if we’re all fun and games wouldn’t the world be boring as well Mr. Pranks?” she asked, putting her hands on her hips and looking up at him. “Well, we all die eventually, might as well do what we love.” She commented crossing her arms.

She rolled her eyes when he mentioned the students reading about what he might have done, and she had a feeling it wasn’t going to end well. “What’s wrong with the Sturts? Nerd hater.” She called him, not exactly serious about it, but if everyone was running around playing pranks no one would graduate. “Rebellious streak?” she repeated before laughing. “You’re a sweet innocent summer child Nerd Hater.” She said with a mischievous smirk on her lips. She was never into pranks but was always a rebel, perhaps not in the same way some people are.

When he confirmed her fears about stubborn kids she took a deep breath. “What’s the policy of letting them hurt themselves? When I was learning, me stubborn, I got injured a couple of times until I learned, so is this a possibility or not?” she asked him, hoping it was, after all, it was easier to show teens that when they don’t listen and get hurt it usually means they should listen.

Derrick tapped the edge of his chin for a moment as a smile creased on his lips. “Existential crisis argument, nice touch there. But wouldn’t it be equal enough to say things would be so chaotic and grow more unpredictable that not everyone would be doing the same thing?” His smile formed wider to show the row of teeth while his head canted to the side. “And, you know, that isn’t really a sign of growing up. More like limiting if you really think about it. Just because you can’t live like a carefree kid doesn’t mean you should give up every moment of it. I think it’s important for the human psyche.” He laughed lightly and gave a casual wink with his fingers pointed out her in an imitation finger-gun. “Exactly! Have fun with it, no regrets. If you can look at yourself and say, ‘I’m complete’ then you’re already excelling.

He gasped as the label had been slapped on him and his eyes took up a faux puppy pout in her direction. “I’m hurt that you would even suggest that I hate nerds! I love them! Love them to get a bit more fun out of life.” A snicker emitted soon after and the façade of his expression melted away. “They just shouldn’t spend noses in the books so often. That’s how you get sores.  And I haven’t been innocent since. . .!” Derrick began to squint his eyes as he tried to remember the actual last time before giving a slight expression of being wary. “Uh. . . Don’t think there actually had been a time. Woops.

Good question.” He hummed for a moment while his hands pressed on the sides of his waist and his head lobbed from left-to-right like a clock. “My personal policy is, as long there is no self-maiming or maiming of others around them. Sometimes, people need to be hurt just a bit to learn or get the message through their head. They’re teens so we can’t protect them from too much, need to learn how to stand on their own. But we’ll make sure that they don’t loose limbs or life.” He could remember several of his own blunder’s that ended up with a bruise for a few days, things that could be recovered from and wouldn’t be a hassle otherwise. Besides, they have Nurses employed in the school. Certain things weren’t much of an issue the more he thought about it.

“That’s a fair point, if we were all balanced it would be another question, but some are obsessed with peace and quiet, let’s not forget order, and others like to play pranks on others.” She commented with a smile as she looked at Derrick. “You know I always do what I want and how I want it. Fun means different things to different people.” She announced. Derrick wasn’t unpleasant but perhaps not being a victim of his pranks made him a better company. “I usually always do what I want, and if you think about pranks wandless magic is perfect for that, no one knows.” She said. She looked at Derrick, her eyes had a faint glow to it and her expression seemed like she was preparing something, but she wasn’t, she dislikes pranks, mostly because she was the perfect victim.

“That’s just mean, one of these days these nerds are going to turn on your house and I’m going to laugh at that outcome.” She said but couldn’t stop herself and began laughing. Derrick was right, burring one’s head in the books was bad, they needed to read a different book. “Antagonizing them with pranks isn’t going to make it better and yes, yes you are an innocent summer child, I did have a rebellious phase, mine was just not so…flashy.” She announced.

As he replied to her question, she could only listen, he had been there longer than she did. “Well you know how it can be, my first time I wanted to do it my way I had blurry vision for a week, I don’t want that but if it makes them learn then so be it, but I’d like my students to not smell like barbecue…” she commented and not many people would find it amusing, probably because it wasn’t, but she couldn’t help to think of a student setting itself on fire accidentally.

“But how are your classes going? I have no idea what you teach though.”

"I like to think 'pranks on others' is just adding a unique form of balance to the world." Whether that had been an actual truth or reason he hadn't alluded towards.  A soft snort exhausted from his nostrils and his head nodded gently. "Fair enough, then maybe I'll get see how you have fun. Even if it might be just sitting in your room quietly grading papers." He hadn't thought she'd actually been that boring but the idea and thought had been amusing enough to him. "Mmmm. Sometimes, but that requires a great wealth of precision and strength of will! And that's hoping the person that's your target doesn't also have a knack for it themselves." An 'innocent' smile creased along his face as if to avoid any personal implication of his potential talent. 

"That's when we just toss a book down in front of them with a crease on three pages. It will drive them bonkers, they'll just be compelled to drop down and fix it. Only to find. . . It's hexed and will keep crinkling up like an annoying set of pantyhose." Derrick took in a deep breath and began to laugh in a theatrical tone, maybe he'd been watching too much Phantom of the Opera with how overplayed he'd decided to make it. As the forced laughter started to fade away a more genuine one took its place. "If it isn't flashy then it isn't worth the sight, Annie. But, hey, if you're the 'Summer Break' type I won't go around busting out that dirty little secret.

"I can't guarantee that they won't smell like that." The amount of potential accidents that -could- happen with Elemental Magic on a good day? It could range from anywhere to burns to broken limbs with a single slip up but at least there were various spells to choose from to fix up those situations aptly enough. An eyebrow arched upwards, she hadn't known? A grin formed on his face as they made their way towards the Eureka Underground pathways. "Ups and downs, sometimes people get hurt and most don't understand the reason behind the method on why I situated the terms as I have. But for the most part? I tend to get a lot of sign ups. My fun and engaging style seems to take with the kids and it probably does help out that my method of getting them to use things practically are unique.

He turned towards the Wandless Magic room, which a well fitted plate had been embedded on the wall to identify it. "This is your classroom as for your wonderment on what I teach?" Right across some ways had been the plated sign, 'Elemental Magic'. Where he walked over towards the part of the wall and leaned next to it. "I'm your good ole' Neighbor in this building, Professor of Elemental Magic."

“Oh and what if they turn on you? Have you thought about that? You’re so used in being the hunter that one day you’re going to be a prey.” She said, but she did know that the day that Derrick got pranked himself he wasn’t going to like, or, was going to be proud of whoever pranked him. “Grading papers is fun especially when you fail everyone, and you can see the light go off in their eyes as their hopes and dreams crash and burn.” She said with a straight and serious face, there was only a small satisfying smile on her face. “I’m joking, I wouldn’t do that.”

It seemed he like to prey on others that didn’t exactly fought back, and she began wondering if he was going to make her a target once more, she would have to fight fire with fire in this case. “That’s pure evil, why would you do that to a book?” she said a bit annoyed that someone was capable to treat a book so badly. She just stared at him trying not to laugh as he laughed, trying to maintain the same distant and cold appearance but when he discovered her type of fun she nods. “Well, you’re certainly not stupid. That’s indeed my kind of fun, what can I say? I love to lay down by the pool with a cold drink on my hand…” she said. “Ibiza was the best destination, all strangers.” She admitted, but perhaps she shouldn’t have mentioned it to him, who knows what sort of shenanigans he would do.

“I hope now, I don’t feel like having to extinguish fire when it smells so good.” She joked about the smell of cooking meat.

He replied to her questions, but they soon reached her classroom, she looked at the door and that was going to be her house for the next school year, however, when he continued and she saw him on the next door she took a deep breath. Derrick was more pleasant than he was in the past, but she suddenly had a feeling that she had a target on her back. “Oh no…I suppose you’ll have to deal with my boring stuff and I will have to deal with you while you play with elements.”

"HA! You must not know my tales. Most of my friends -have- turned on me in that way. It just means I need to return the favor the first chance I get. It's a pretty symbiotic relationship." Between Artemisia, Audrey, and Jezebel he probably had more pranks slung towards him in a lifetime than he could've count all at once. "To Spencer's, everyone is a target even their own pals. It just makes it all the more sweeter when it's returned. Kind of a hazard to the occupation." He snorted and a grin touched his lips. "You say you're joking but that smile looked way too enjoyable to you for it to be just a joke. You're a different kind of twisted and sadistic!" It reminded him slightly of Adele, which, the thought of the Librarian caused a physical shiver down his spine.  Scarella DeVille. 

"Oh no, is your inner Sturt agitated? Yikes!" If the woman had been to Tallygarunga he could have marked her as one of the Sturt people a mile away. Not exactly a compliment in his eyes but he could acknowledge that some of that House had grown to be cool people. Though after his laughing fit his lips curved into a mischievous smile. "Straight faced? I'm impressed. Ibiza you say? I'll have to remember that sometime." He spoke in a teased tone. "Everyone needs their own unique way of beating off the stress of things, whatever you've done that's really your own personal kind of dealio." The use of blackmail wasn't his style anyways, he rather detested that form of prank related showboating. 

"I know exactly what you mean! Sometimes it's heart wrenching to have to douse a good flame." That had been more true for him than it probably should've been. But the man loved himself a good blaze if he could viably get away with it. 

Derrick allowed a wide chesire-cat grin to form on his face, the universal sign of 'Trouble' if there ever had been one. "Always a way to keep each other on our toes! Besides, it's not that bad. Just means better coordination considering many people will try to run around casting Elemental spells wandless. No matter how many times I would tell them that it's stupid to do so without extended training."