School Status:
Tallygarunga: Term One, VMU: Summer Break

House Points

Sturt
Flinders
Spencer
Bourke
pxmBtN.png
An AU non-canon Harry Potter-inspired forum roleplay set in Australia.

Adoptable Spotlight

THE AUSTRALIAN HOME OF MAGIC
Sign in to follow this  
Senan Connell

Open Enjoying The 'New World'

Sturt ☆ Double AgentGuest
16 year old Halfbreed Fairy ☆ HE/HIM

The last thing that Senan had wanted to do had been the very thing that had been expected of him. To place himself into the society, meld in as a foreigner trying to get used to the culture and the way that the country had worked and act as a student would act. He should have aimed for a much lower scale of an attempt such as some kind of sports game or maybe waited until some kind of school pep rally hit the scene. However, the longer he waited the more difficult it would have been for him to complete the missions that had been expected of him to handle. So, he found himself at what the many locals called 'Australia Day' and luckily he didn't need to pretend to be blown away by the excitement that pooled from the crowd and how easily many just fell into the different activities that had been scattered around the grounds. 

It had been enough for his mouth to drop agape, an eyebrow to arch and his head tilted in bewilderment. 'I am not sure if I should consider this ridiculous or impressive. Ugh. . . Means I have to go and actually get involved in this too?' A sigh of partial disgust exhausted from his lips as his mind confirmed that that his involvement needed to be much more inclusive. As easy that thought pressed through his mind his demeanor shifted putting on a mask that befitted a person who had been amazed like a tourist that wanted to experience every aspect of the event. Like a Teenager, trying to find just anything to do to keep occupied and fun by his 'own' standards. 

He passed by the various BBQ stands, the need for hunger hadn't hit him and he hadn't wanted to risk the fact that some maybe using tools that could be more of an annoying itch to him due to his Fae heritage. Instead, he waited in line for a bit from one of the cold drink sellers and scored himself a bottle of water and rerouted to the lakeside. Silver-Greyish eyes followed the motion of the stream as the light of the sun glistened and his attention jumped from one person to the next - it seemed a few had been playing water polo and others had been chucking a series of water balloons at one another. Admittedly, the water polo shenanigans that had been played out grew enticing to him, though that meant that he needed to take the watery plunge and he wasn't sure if he wanted to be -that- inclusive with people. 

Senan glanced around once more and saw a collection of balloon's filled to full tightness and the urge had finally hit him to do something, anything, that would allow him to get on the right track. Taking up a purple balloon in hand gently he offered a light squeeze to get an idea of not only its weight but just how sturdy it'd been while being so compromised. 'Just as I expected. . . It's a balloon designed just to slip some water into. Pretty good.' He scanned the are smoothly trying to determine the perfect target that seemed as if they'd be in some form of water war already and then pulled his arm back and tossed the purple balloon through the air towards them. 

Spencer ☆ StudentTecri
16 year old Muggleborn Human ☆ she/her

Tag: @Sean Rhodes                    Date:   -                  OOC Notes:  -

It was a joy not going home during the holidays, no matter how much her mother called her and her siblings texted her she could simply ignore them, she needed them but she wasn’t willing to go back to a place where she wasn’t exactly welcomed and it wasn’t because she could use magic, after all, her brother could as well, but he was mother’s
favourite.

The red-head walked around the festival area, trying to avoid the sun as much as she could, she didn’t want to get a sunburn. During her stroll she decided that pranking people on a day like this one was going to be epic, so she waited and casually pranked a few people, the water turned blood red which caused a few people to run out of it screaming, but her favorite one was to come.

Water balloons where the water had different colors. It wouldn’t ruin clothes, easily washed off but how fun would it be someone who looked like they had fallen into a rainbow machine? Probably priceless. She had been throwing a couple of balloons to wherever she could until she got hit by a water balloon unexpectedly; Max looked up to watch the perpetrator of this wicked action and threw a balloon back at the person, hopefully hitting him right on the face.

Running a bit towards the culprit, shortly after throwing the balloon. “This means war!” She said raising her arms in the air as her lips curled forming a mischievous grin, her eyes were focused on her new victim.

The sudden retaliation had been expected but he also didn’t expect to hit someone head on from the toss. It had reminded him of the various moments where his life had been on the line, the moments where a sudden reaction could be life or limb. This probably shouldn’t have been the mindset the young man held against a -water balloon- but it had been there regardless. His body tilted to the side as he watched it sore passed him and smack right against an older man’s shirt which looked as if it had fanciful designs on the back of it.

Well. . . Not any more with those trick balloons from the return fire that had been shot. “War?” while his eyebrow raised up his lips turned into a quizzical expression. Had someone bashed her head in to think this could even defined as a kind of ‘War’? Or had this been ‘slang’ that others around his age tended to use? It had to be the way that she’d been staring at him, as if his reputation should have proceeded him way out in the down under when it hadn’t.

I suppose I’m due for a bit of amusement and distraction.” Though he spoke loud enough to be heard, it had been more of a personal musing than anything else. He had tested it all out to see what the reaction would be, and it had managed to pan out in one that he hadn’t expected. Which meant it needed had to be explored even further.

In a swift motion he snatched several water balloons from the bucket and pressed them into his pocket for safe keeping rather than holding them. This had been to give himself a tactical edge in movement and using objects and people has proper shields, that should suffice since they weren’t deadly balloons with acid.

Senan fished out two balloons’, a single hand wielding them securely enough that they were held against one another yet avoided any form of extra pressure that could pop them. Using his free hand, he began to trace adeptly along the surface of both balloon’s imbuing them with his fae magic, tricking it out so that when collided with someone it would add a bit of glitter to the area of impact. Then he quickly tossed both towards the girl and made his way weaving through the various patrons that walked through the area as cover.

Let’s see how good you really are then if this is, ‘War’!” He called out in a taunt to draw the unknown teen girl.

Spencer ☆ StudentTecri

Max held another balloon and played with it for a moment, she watched as he avoided the balloon she had thrown and there was a slight disappointment in her, maybe she wasn’t fast enough, or maybe she should have thrown two at the same time, regardless that was going to be a fun day, it was going to be even better than what she had anticipated, after all, she had been planning to prank people all day, but instead she was swooped into a water balloon fight, even if it wasn’t in her plan.

She heard him but remained quiet, only paying attention to his movements and at that moment she wanted to read his thoughts, mostly to get some advantage over him. She saw him throw the balloons and avoided them, she saw the glitter and began laughing, well if she lost at least she’ll be shinning. She hid behind someone, it probably wouldn’t save her from all the glitter.

She began wondering who he was but as soon as he spoke she turned to him and yelled back “The loser buys ice cream!” She said rushing to take more balloons, sadly her hands were too small to carry more than one balloon at the time. She rushed back to find cover and threw a balloon at the teen. “So? Do you agree? The loser buys ice cream?”

Senan's mind occupied on whether he should end the charade quickly or see further just how determined this person had been. On one hand it meant that he wouldn't get a full idea of how the potential teens in the country seemed to act and yet it seemed as if she may have been one he wouldn't want to incorporate into his 'identity' while attending Tallygarunga during the School Year.  Her movement towards the barrel of balloon's caught his eyes and attention fully which snapped him from the thoughts that had ran through his mind. 'I suppose I could toy around with her. When would be the next time I will be allowed this kind of thing without it being more of an issue for myself?'

He wasn't sure if he could pull off the thought of being extremely friendly, that amounted to another risk entirely. Shelfing the issues for the moment, a hand dipped into his pocket and pulled out another balloon from the edge of its tail and slipped it into his hand. As he grasped the rubbery safehouse for water, his finger pressed against the surface of the balloon as he wove another intricate motion to imbue it with his less human magic. It had been easier to do this without raising too much suspicion and that gave him an upper hand on personalizing a few of the balloon's for tactical uses. 

This next one would offer up a bit more of a messier option than simply looking like Cinderella. "You want to buy me ice cream? Very well, if that's what you want to do." His voice eased out without any confliction or confidence. A sense of sureness that showed that he had intended to win whether the girl had believed it or not was no consequence to him. Using some poor Festival goer as a boost, he'd pull himself on a rather large mans shoulder with a single hand and a bit of a trained hop and tossed the balloon downwards towards Maxine. 

Once he dropped back down onto the ground he hunched down as if prepared for a barrage ready to be launched as a reprisal and slipped behind a mobile stand where a line of people had started to build up. Regardless if the balloon cracked against her or broke against the ground itself from the impact the exposure to the air would begin to cause it to fizzle up like a Muggle Volcano project. At least he could play as if he just had an assortment of randomly designed balloon's that he had brought along with him. Easy enough to sell and believable. 

If this had been fun? He couldn't tell, wouldn't know the feeling if it smacked him in the face with a bat and had been glowing in the bright light of the sun. However, it was a good form of training and he had been slacking of late without the same sort of chaos that he'd been used to back at his homeland. 

Spencer ☆ StudentTecri

Maxine was hiding behind someone, avoiding the balloons of her new acquaintance, he seemed to have some neat tricks. “Well, if you put it that way, I suppose I can even if I beat you!” she announced. He seemed a bit awkward at first but perhaps was just because she had seen a crazy girl running towards him declaring war on a water balloon fight, but people were there to have fun.

“Hey, that was a neat trick you did back there.” She admitted, the glitter was impressive, she liked to play pranks with it too since glitter was the devil to wash off and it would stick to everything and everyone.

She wasn’t expecting him to drop a balloon from a higher ground and she could barely escape by running away and jumping to the side, almost getting caught underneath it. As she got up she watched the location where the balloon hit and laughed at the situation. “That was great.” She commented as she got up from the ground, she had a bit of glitter on her shoes which meant that she probably lost the battle against the unknown teen.

Max approached him, she all mostly all wet from being caught in the middle of other people’s balloons, but at least it was a hot day she would dry soon enough. She was impressed with what he had done. “That was amazing, where did you learn to do that?” she asked him as she still admired what was going on. “I’m Max-ine…Max works just fine. I suppose I do owe you ice cream? What’s your name?” she asked.

How was he supposed to take this girl? Maybe it had been inexperience when it came to dealing with those close enough in his age and yet she still seemed like a basket case in any kind of light. Did she think she had the chance of winning? It wasn't impossible, if he considered the calculations and the fact that he couldn't use certain unique abilities without causing too much of a stir, then she had a chance. However improbable it seemed to his mind. Or was this really a trick. . .?! Could she have been some tactical mastermind that made herself -look- like a nutjob to build up overconfidence?!

That thought went straight out of the window with how genuine her admiration had been about the balloon that had initially been tossed after the first fire. "Neat trick. . .?" What was neat about some cheap parlor trick with glitter? There had been a wealth of things he could have actually done to his advantage if it hadn't been for the fact that there had been people here. Did someone ring the bell to summon forth all of the denizens of Australia to this one damned spot?

Even though it seemed as if he hit her, it was only her shoe. That. Was. Unacceptable. A frown formed on his face, utterly disappointed in himself at the poor aim. He needed to do better, he MUST do better. But it seemed she had already started to approach him which left him little room to form any kind of sneak attack that could justify him feeling truly accomplished. The moment he got home, that training dummy would be getting the kind of tormented hell that made it wish it was alive and then made it wish it was dead. 

"I don't know what you mean. It was just some random balloon I managed to pluck that had some toy water inside of it instead of the normal kind." The lie flowed from his lips smoothly, there hadn't even been a tell in his eyes as he stared at the teen to cement that it had been a fact. If nothing else, a random fluke that worked in his favor. "I didn't know we were exchanging names." At what point had he given the idea he had been interested in knowing her further? Right, Manners, Mother had always spoken about 'Manners' that were odd customs. He lips parted he huffed. "I am Senan. Senan Hothman." A cover name that he'd been given to work under, it'd been too risk to use his actual last name. The first name had been exotic enough to his Irish culture. "Ice cream was what you wanted, I didn't and don't really care for it.

Just as his gaze narrowed as if he had planned to leave the nagging thoughts of his mother beckoned in his head again and even equally so, that of his other 'Honorary' parents while he had been stuck in this land. "But it would be rude to turn down the offer. And I did agree to the deal so it's only right I follow through with it. Lead the way, Max, was it?

Sign in to follow this