School Status:
Tallygarunga: Term One, VMU: Semester One

House Points

Sturt
Flinders
Spencer
Bourke
pxmBtN.png
An AU non-canon Harry Potter-inspired forum roleplay set in Australia.
THE AUSTRALIAN HOME OF MAGIC

Sturt ☆ Double Agent✩ Kaitore
16 year old Halfbreed Fairy ☆ HE/HIM

The last thing that Senan had wanted to do had been the very thing that had been expected of him. To place himself into the society, meld in as a foreigner trying to get used to the culture and the way that the country had worked and act as a student would act. He should have aimed for a much lower scale of an attempt such as some kind of sports game or maybe waited until some kind of school pep rally hit the scene. However, the longer he waited the more difficult it would have been for him to complete the missions that had been expected of him to handle. So, he found himself at what the many locals called 'Australia Day' and luckily he didn't need to pretend to be blown away by the excitement that pooled from the crowd and how easily many just fell into the different activities that had been scattered around the grounds. 

It had been enough for his mouth to drop agape, an eyebrow to arch and his head tilted in bewilderment. 'I am not sure if I should consider this ridiculous or impressive. Ugh. . . Means I have to go and actually get involved in this too?' A sigh of partial disgust exhausted from his lips as his mind confirmed that that his involvement needed to be much more inclusive. As easy that thought pressed through his mind his demeanor shifted putting on a mask that befitted a person who had been amazed like a tourist that wanted to experience every aspect of the event. Like a Teenager, trying to find just anything to do to keep occupied and fun by his 'own' standards. 

He passed by the various BBQ stands, the need for hunger hadn't hit him and he hadn't wanted to risk the fact that some maybe using tools that could be more of an annoying itch to him due to his Fae heritage. Instead, he waited in line for a bit from one of the cold drink sellers and scored himself a bottle of water and rerouted to the lakeside. Silver-Greyish eyes followed the motion of the stream as the light of the sun glistened and his attention jumped from one person to the next - it seemed a few had been playing water polo and others had been chucking a series of water balloons at one another. Admittedly, the water polo shenanigans that had been played out grew enticing to him, though that meant that he needed to take the watery plunge and he wasn't sure if he wanted to be -that- inclusive with people. 

Senan glanced around once more and saw a collection of balloon's filled to full tightness and the urge had finally hit him to do something, anything, that would allow him to get on the right track. Taking up a purple balloon in hand gently he offered a light squeeze to get an idea of not only its weight but just how sturdy it'd been while being so compromised. 'Just as I expected. . . It's a balloon designed just to slip some water into. Pretty good.' He scanned the are smoothly trying to determine the perfect target that seemed as if they'd be in some form of water war already and then pulled his arm back and tossed the purple balloon through the air towards them. 

Spencer ☆ StudentTecri
16 year old Muggleborn Human ☆ she/her

Tag: @Sean Rhodes                    Date:   -                  OOC Notes:  -

It was a joy not going home during the holidays, no matter how much her mother called her and her siblings texted her she could simply ignore them, she needed them but she wasn’t willing to go back to a place where she wasn’t exactly welcomed and it wasn’t because she could use magic, after all, her brother could as well, but he was mother’s
favourite.

The red-head walked around the festival area, trying to avoid the sun as much as she could, she didn’t want to get a sunburn. During her stroll she decided that pranking people on a day like this one was going to be epic, so she waited and casually pranked a few people, the water turned blood red which caused a few people to run out of it screaming, but her favorite one was to come.

Water balloons where the water had different colors. It wouldn’t ruin clothes, easily washed off but how fun would it be someone who looked like they had fallen into a rainbow machine? Probably priceless. She had been throwing a couple of balloons to wherever she could until she got hit by a water balloon unexpectedly; Max looked up to watch the perpetrator of this wicked action and threw a balloon back at the person, hopefully hitting him right on the face.

Running a bit towards the culprit, shortly after throwing the balloon. “This means war!” She said raising her arms in the air as her lips curled forming a mischievous grin, her eyes were focused on her new victim.

The sudden retaliation had been expected but he also didn’t expect to hit someone head on from the toss. It had reminded him of the various moments where his life had been on the line, the moments where a sudden reaction could be life or limb. This probably shouldn’t have been the mindset the young man held against a -water balloon- but it had been there regardless. His body tilted to the side as he watched it sore passed him and smack right against an older man’s shirt which looked as if it had fanciful designs on the back of it.

Well. . . Not any more with those trick balloons from the return fire that had been shot. “War?” while his eyebrow raised up his lips turned into a quizzical expression. Had someone bashed her head in to think this could even defined as a kind of ‘War’? Or had this been ‘slang’ that others around his age tended to use? It had to be the way that she’d been staring at him, as if his reputation should have proceeded him way out in the down under when it hadn’t.

I suppose I’m due for a bit of amusement and distraction.” Though he spoke loud enough to be heard, it had been more of a personal musing than anything else. He had tested it all out to see what the reaction would be, and it had managed to pan out in one that he hadn’t expected. Which meant it needed had to be explored even further.

In a swift motion he snatched several water balloons from the bucket and pressed them into his pocket for safe keeping rather than holding them. This had been to give himself a tactical edge in movement and using objects and people has proper shields, that should suffice since they weren’t deadly balloons with acid.

Senan fished out two balloons’, a single hand wielding them securely enough that they were held against one another yet avoided any form of extra pressure that could pop them. Using his free hand, he began to trace adeptly along the surface of both balloon’s imbuing them with his fae magic, tricking it out so that when collided with someone it would add a bit of glitter to the area of impact. Then he quickly tossed both towards the girl and made his way weaving through the various patrons that walked through the area as cover.

Let’s see how good you really are then if this is, ‘War’!” He called out in a taunt to draw the unknown teen girl.

Spencer ☆ StudentTecri

Max held another balloon and played with it for a moment, she watched as he avoided the balloon she had thrown and there was a slight disappointment in her, maybe she wasn’t fast enough, or maybe she should have thrown two at the same time, regardless that was going to be a fun day, it was going to be even better than what she had anticipated, after all, she had been planning to prank people all day, but instead she was swooped into a water balloon fight, even if it wasn’t in her plan.

She heard him but remained quiet, only paying attention to his movements and at that moment she wanted to read his thoughts, mostly to get some advantage over him. She saw him throw the balloons and avoided them, she saw the glitter and began laughing, well if she lost at least she’ll be shinning. She hid behind someone, it probably wouldn’t save her from all the glitter.

She began wondering who he was but as soon as he spoke she turned to him and yelled back “The loser buys ice cream!” She said rushing to take more balloons, sadly her hands were too small to carry more than one balloon at the time. She rushed back to find cover and threw a balloon at the teen. “So? Do you agree? The loser buys ice cream?”

Senan's mind occupied on whether he should end the charade quickly or see further just how determined this person had been. On one hand it meant that he wouldn't get a full idea of how the potential teens in the country seemed to act and yet it seemed as if she may have been one he wouldn't want to incorporate into his 'identity' while attending Tallygarunga during the School Year.  Her movement towards the barrel of balloon's caught his eyes and attention fully which snapped him from the thoughts that had ran through his mind. 'I suppose I could toy around with her. When would be the next time I will be allowed this kind of thing without it being more of an issue for myself?'

He wasn't sure if he could pull off the thought of being extremely friendly, that amounted to another risk entirely. Shelfing the issues for the moment, a hand dipped into his pocket and pulled out another balloon from the edge of its tail and slipped it into his hand. As he grasped the rubbery safehouse for water, his finger pressed against the surface of the balloon as he wove another intricate motion to imbue it with his less human magic. It had been easier to do this without raising too much suspicion and that gave him an upper hand on personalizing a few of the balloon's for tactical uses. 

This next one would offer up a bit more of a messier option than simply looking like Cinderella. "You want to buy me ice cream? Very well, if that's what you want to do." His voice eased out without any confliction or confidence. A sense of sureness that showed that he had intended to win whether the girl had believed it or not was no consequence to him. Using some poor Festival goer as a boost, he'd pull himself on a rather large mans shoulder with a single hand and a bit of a trained hop and tossed the balloon downwards towards Maxine. 

Once he dropped back down onto the ground he hunched down as if prepared for a barrage ready to be launched as a reprisal and slipped behind a mobile stand where a line of people had started to build up. Regardless if the balloon cracked against her or broke against the ground itself from the impact the exposure to the air would begin to cause it to fizzle up like a Muggle Volcano project. At least he could play as if he just had an assortment of randomly designed balloon's that he had brought along with him. Easy enough to sell and believable. 

If this had been fun? He couldn't tell, wouldn't know the feeling if it smacked him in the face with a bat and had been glowing in the bright light of the sun. However, it was a good form of training and he had been slacking of late without the same sort of chaos that he'd been used to back at his homeland. 

Spencer ☆ StudentTecri

Maxine was hiding behind someone, avoiding the balloons of her new acquaintance, he seemed to have some neat tricks. “Well, if you put it that way, I suppose I can even if I beat you!” she announced. He seemed a bit awkward at first but perhaps was just because she had seen a crazy girl running towards him declaring war on a water balloon fight, but people were there to have fun.

“Hey, that was a neat trick you did back there.” She admitted, the glitter was impressive, she liked to play pranks with it too since glitter was the devil to wash off and it would stick to everything and everyone.

She wasn’t expecting him to drop a balloon from a higher ground and she could barely escape by running away and jumping to the side, almost getting caught underneath it. As she got up she watched the location where the balloon hit and laughed at the situation. “That was great.” She commented as she got up from the ground, she had a bit of glitter on her shoes which meant that she probably lost the battle against the unknown teen.

Max approached him, she all mostly all wet from being caught in the middle of other people’s balloons, but at least it was a hot day she would dry soon enough. She was impressed with what he had done. “That was amazing, where did you learn to do that?” she asked him as she still admired what was going on. “I’m Max-ine…Max works just fine. I suppose I do owe you ice cream? What’s your name?” she asked.

How was he supposed to take this girl? Maybe it had been inexperience when it came to dealing with those close enough in his age and yet she still seemed like a basket case in any kind of light. Did she think she had the chance of winning? It wasn't impossible, if he considered the calculations and the fact that he couldn't use certain unique abilities without causing too much of a stir, then she had a chance. However improbable it seemed to his mind. Or was this really a trick. . .?! Could she have been some tactical mastermind that made herself -look- like a nutjob to build up overconfidence?!

That thought went straight out of the window with how genuine her admiration had been about the balloon that had initially been tossed after the first fire. "Neat trick. . .?" What was neat about some cheap parlor trick with glitter? There had been a wealth of things he could have actually done to his advantage if it hadn't been for the fact that there had been people here. Did someone ring the bell to summon forth all of the denizens of Australia to this one damned spot?

Even though it seemed as if he hit her, it was only her shoe. That. Was. Unacceptable. A frown formed on his face, utterly disappointed in himself at the poor aim. He needed to do better, he MUST do better. But it seemed she had already started to approach him which left him little room to form any kind of sneak attack that could justify him feeling truly accomplished. The moment he got home, that training dummy would be getting the kind of tormented hell that made it wish it was alive and then made it wish it was dead. 

"I don't know what you mean. It was just some random balloon I managed to pluck that had some toy water inside of it instead of the normal kind." The lie flowed from his lips smoothly, there hadn't even been a tell in his eyes as he stared at the teen to cement that it had been a fact. If nothing else, a random fluke that worked in his favor. "I didn't know we were exchanging names." At what point had he given the idea he had been interested in knowing her further? Right, Manners, Mother had always spoken about 'Manners' that were odd customs. He lips parted he huffed. "I am Senan. Senan Hothman." A cover name that he'd been given to work under, it'd been too risk to use his actual last name. The first name had been exotic enough to his Irish culture. "Ice cream was what you wanted, I didn't and don't really care for it.

Just as his gaze narrowed as if he had planned to leave the nagging thoughts of his mother beckoned in his head again and even equally so, that of his other 'Honorary' parents while he had been stuck in this land. "But it would be rude to turn down the offer. And I did agree to the deal so it's only right I follow through with it. Lead the way, Max, was it?

Spencer ☆ StudentTecri

Was he trying to fool her? Sure, she wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed but she wasn't that dumb. No way that was a balloon with some toy inside. “Really? I have never seen a toy that could make glitter.” She said, trying to stick with his story, for now, she didn’t want to attract any attention towards his little show with glitter, even if it had been awesome. “Well, regardless it was pretty amazing, I wish I could do something like that, or something similar, I can only change the color of the water.” She admitted. Some of her tricks were more complex than others,  coloring other people was basic.

The boy had weird written all over his face, which only meant that he had to be an interesting person, however, he seemed a bit out of place. “Well, only if you want to, I can’t force you to tell me your name.” she said with a shrug, but he eventually introduced himself. She looked at him with a smile. “It’s nice to meet you, or at least I hope it is.” She announced. “And yes, ice cream was my idea, I just thought it was a cool thing to do after throwing each other with some water balloons, it’s a shame you don’t care for it.” She said, starting to play with her wet hair.

The boy finally accepted, her lips formed a huge smile once more. “Well, true a deal is a deal and I promise that you’re going to like it.” She spoke as she pointed at some stalls before nodding as his answer. She led the way to the ice cream, which wasn’t too far from the water balloon battle ground. She ordered her ice cream and waited for Senan to do the same before paying both, a deal was a deal after all. “I go to Tally, are you a student there as well or maybe a new student? If you don’t mind me asking.”

"Then perhaps you need to expand your world view a bit further." His statement came out sharply, a critical tone at that. Not something he had intended to do but always something that seemed to happen. He mentally shrugged it off, what had been said, was said. It made no difference to him in the long run anyways. There had been no foreseeable instance where he'd ever encounter this girl again, would there? Color changing. . . Juvenile, so had his own actions been to infuse the water with fae magic but he could consider that a lapse of proper common sense and judgement. "Sounds like you need to go into studies more, perhaps a science." What had Muggles chosen to do to gain perspective on change such as that? Oh, well, it wasn't his concern anyways. 

Maybe he spoke too soon, if she would have led with the fact he didn't -need- to then he wouldn't have felt very obligated in doing so. Another thing that couldn't be changed which seemed to be a theme in this moment. It had occurred to him that maybe he should just flow with how things had been going? But that didn't seem to sit too well with him either the more he dwelled upon it as an option. "Nice to meet me? Right, It's good to meet you as well." There had a sense of uncertainty with him in that line, had been good? Was she really just a spy to monitor him and took that chance of being hit by his Balloon? It had been something his Mother -would- do to make sure he was doing her will. 

Senan's head tilted subtly, watching her play with her hair. Was that some kind of signal to someone too or maybe he'd been over analyzing? No, simple overthinking, that's all it was. "Treats tend to be on my lower bar of things to take in." Not solely for the fact that he never had the chance to actually 'enjoy' those kinds of things like others either. It just seemed like a downfall waiting to happen to ones body. "Much lower."

The grey irises stared at the red-head quizzically, that was quite the leap wasn't it? A promise that he would -like- it, this sounded like one of those 'corner deals'? "That's quite a large thing to promise. Do you often say those kinds of things?" He followed behind her keeping watching, eyes inspecting her form to see if there had been any seams of woven magic that consisted of a poly-potion. No, it seemed this had been her true form, maybe she'd just been a random teen.

At least until her next question caused him to toss up alert signs in his mind. "The fact you don't mind asking is much more alerting than actually asking it." For all she knew he was some Muggle or a Witch Hunter of sorts. That would be the most of admitting that he would offer towards attending one of the Magical Academies. "You probably should be more careful about those kinds of questions.  That is how you get unwanted attention." Perhaps the most genuine of response even if it did hardly sound much different from everything else. While she ordered her ice cream he just stood there, eyes darted from the vendor to her then to the vendor again. 

Right, he needed to order. A brief breath coursed through his nostrils and halted before being let loose. "I will have a Mint Chocolate Chip." That seemed like it would be less of a hassle at the very least, Mint was a good thing. His hand extended out to grasp the cone and seemed to just hold it for a moment. Maybe he shouldn't be so critical of the person who seemed to be genuine, if not only a bit high on the perky meter. "Yes, to answer your question. I will be attending for a short while this year.

Spencer ☆ StudentTecri

Perhaps he was right, she always went back to the basics, simple things, she never tried to get better. “I suppose you’re right, I always go back to simple things, I know it works but I think I’m sort of stuck on creativity…” she spoke. She didn’t know the boy and he didn’t know her, at least she was getting, perhaps, an honest input. “I do like to set up some foam bombs, those are always fun.” She said with a mischievous smile, she loved foam bombs, mostly because she wasn’t the one that had to clean it.

“Why the surprise?” she inquired. She wasn’t sure why he seemed confuse about her statement about being nice to meet him; the boy seemed a bit too tense, perhaps a bit anxious? “You don’t meet new people often do you?” She asked. Perhaps he was just one of those kids who’s parents protected all their lives and now have a hard time connecting with people their age. She chuckled when he spoke about promises, it was an ice cream, everyone loved some ice cream. “Okay, maybe I shouldn’t have promised it, but it’s ice cream, everyone likes ice cream.” She spoke. She didn’t have many good memories involving ice creams, usually screams, insults and insinuations but she still loved it.

“It’s a shame, those skills are impressive, I’d love to be able to pull something like that so easily.” She confessed, still impressed by the glitter bomb, perhaps she should try to make something like that, after all she didn’t have anything to lose and the worst that could happen would be turning into a walking disco ball, she could live with that. She stared at him and tilted her head, sure she could have made a mistake and he was just some regular kid, but the trick from earlier and the way the said it was a toy sounded fake. “You’re right, I shouldn’t draw attention to me.”

As he ordered his ice cream she watched the crowd. She turned to him when he was done, and a smile grew when he finally answered her that he would be attending Tally. “Well, I know you barely know me but if you need help I’ll gladly help you and no deal this time, I promise.”

It seemed she understood her own shortsightedness in personal talents, that was good. That meant she had the potential to succeed after all which had been the more important issue to him than the actual means that the creativity she spoke of could cause. But as she spoke he realized what kind of individual he'd been dealing with, A Prankster. Oberon no. . .  Well, it had been no consequence to him he could fight his own battles if she attempted to do so. "Small time. You want things that won't leave too much clean up behind, go with a stink bomb" Or an enchanted wind in a bag, that would have been a pretty good choice for offices if one could get away with it cleanly enough. 

"It's more accurate to say I don't -care- to meet new people." What would it serve him to meet others? Just to have more people that would get caught up in some war that wasn't theirs? Collateral damage that would be slapped on his conscious or be forced by his own hand depending on where he'd been forced to walk. People were liabilities of the highest order to him. There had been no 'Good' in meeting with him, for them or himself. "You know, somehow, that sounds worse than the promise." He responded still in that matter-of-fact tone. "Too sweet, all that sugar will explode a persons brain one day." Exploding it in being slow and some people didn't need -more- help with that. 

"Indeed, who ever made that glitter bomb must have spent sometime on it. Shame we won't ever know who actually put it in that batch of balloons." A shrug flowed from him as he wore an 'Oh well. . .' expression on his face. There had been no need to draw any more of an impression of himself from this passing stranger. He'll stick to the thought that some one probably spent time cracking open snow globes and carefully pushing the liquid and glitter contents into the balloon. He knew there had been no leading proof to speak otherwise. 

"Good, I do not think Australia is any safer than other places in that kind of regard." Something he knew for certain from the underworld in the region. Some of the slimmest of people, the intense purists intent on proving their blood. Chances were? They were about as mudblood as he was, maybe even worse. "'Barely' might be a bit generous." He knew it'd been more of an expression to explain the lack of proper acquaintance. "Need help? With what exactly? And is it really that common for you to just go around dropping your help to people you barely know, Max?" As the topic at hand had been a bit more 'sensitive' even for the number of people around he started to subtly lead the way in a walk away from the large crowd, shifting towards an area where there seemed to be fewer and fewer people surrounding them. 

As expected? He hadn't even taken a single lick from the ice cream, almost as if he purposefully forgot about it. 

Spencer ☆ StudentTecri

“You’re good at this, perhaps a bit too good, I like it.” She spoke. He looked like someone who knew a lot about pranks, perhaps he was one of those kids that lived for pranks, maybe he would be sorted into the Spencer house, or maybe she was just reading too much, Spencers aren’t the only ones that like to play pranks on people.

It was quite disappointing that he didn’t care to meet new people, everyone has a story to tell, and everyone has their own song waiting to be heard. “That’s a shame, but life is sweeter with people you care and who care about you…” she said, honestly believing in it. She was a sociable person and yet didn’t have many friends, maybe one or two, she was a lonely person. She was even more disappointed when he spoke about the ice cream. “That’s just pure evil. Is this the first time you’re eating ice cream? Mint is nice and all, but the chocolate makes the ice cream sweeter, you should try lemon or lime if you ever decide to eat ice cream again.” She said, finding it amusing that it seemed to be his first time with ice cream.

She listened as he spoke about the glitter bomb and chuckled, believing that it wasn’t some random accident that it had showed up in the middle of the other balloons.

“It’s safe enough I suppose, I believe the native fauna and flora often keep a lot of people away.” She said jokingly. She walked along with him and was seriously confused about what he meant. “You’re reading too much into this, I mean locations, professors, that stuff, I’m assuming you’re fairly new and it’s not easy being alone in a new place.” She said licking her ice cream and looking at him, “It’s not like I’m offering to punch someone for you.”

"Maybe. It just seems like the obvious step forward with such a thing. There is obviously much more advanced and better choices to choose from." Should he even be giving this clear troublemaker any form of advice in this kind of arena? It sounded as if he'd been enabling some form of addict or someone that had been intent on causing as much mayhem as possible. Practically giving a destructive (of sorts) individual the keys to information. Then again. . . It had been something that she'd have been able to uncover with a bit of brain power and study anyways, something that he wouldn't have been able to actually control anyways. A visible shrug flowed from him with a silent resolution. "But if it's messy that is your 'thing', then you might want to experiment with slimes. Difficult to clean out of most fabrics and hair and is likely to spread if you rig it properly.

Whatever she did with the bit of information he offered to her? That would be the domain of those that would be effected by it. As for himself? He'd be sure to keep his eyes always looking over his shoulder and double checking every possible area she may have visited in the last hours. 

"People who care about you. . .?" Senan's head tilted slightly as the meaning of it had been genuinely foreign to the young man. What did that even mean or look like? It sounded as if it had been an illusion casted on people to assuage some kind of primordial need to feel wanted. Life had been simple in his opinion, prove that you're of some actual worth to some form of community or society and then prove it -well-. That's all it truly took, wasn't it? "Either way, I believe my life is quite fine in the path it's been going. What you're talking about sounds more like a hassle in the making." A hand rubbed at the back of his head as if the thought alone had been a nuisance. Deeper, however, it had been more of a confusion in his mind - why would anyone think they had an actual need for that kind of thing?

"First time? No. It's just the kind of thing that will go right to the hips, sometimes the thighs too." Maybe that had been her goal? More bulk in those areas? That wasn't his concern if that had been the case. "I most likely won't try it again unless I somehow find myself into the devils deal again." That's what it had been really, a deal to something that he had no real care about even getting in the first place. His eyes drifted to the scope that sat on the cone in his hand. A soft sigh of escaped from him and he took a small lick from the top of it, that counted as not being disrespectful to someone's wasted resources, hadn't it? 

The way she'd responded showed that they had a clear miscommunication on what he meant and maybe that had been for the better. She didn't need to be brought into the war that had been behind the scenes of every nation since the start of exposure by different species and individuals. "Yes, I'm quite new to the school." To Australia in general if he'd been fully honest but that had been unnecessary information. "Alone is fine by me, it isn't that difficult to use a layout map." Unless people had truly been that helpless in this part of the world? Titania's blouse, he hoped not. "Oberon, No. I wouldn't go asking you to punch someone for me, if it came down to it I can handle myself.

Senan in the meantime scanned the area until he found a nice shaded area where he decided to sit down, nestled right under a tree. "Maybe I should take you up on the offer, however. It would be rude to slap away a hand that is willing to make seeing the 'sights' easier. Less time I need to spend committing it to memory through memorization of some kind of paper map.

Spencer ☆ StudentTecri

“Smiles, I tried smiles once, got me expelled.” She said. It was the only reason why her parents' last resort was a public school and not one of those fancy private ones, no one wanted to clean her mess. “Nothing too bad happened, it was just too big for the classroom.” She commented, not making herself look better. “I might try it again, hopefully, this time no one gets stuck inside a jelly.” She spoke with an innocent smile on her face like everything that she had mentioned was the most normal thing in the world.

Everything about that boy was different, he didn’t seem to know about basic interactions like he had a world of his own. “Yeah, like a friend or a family member. Most common are parents, but not all parents like children.” She said. She knew her mother certainly didn’t care much for her, her sisters probably loved her. “It’s not a hassle, having fun, playing games, sometimes even those dramatic moments are magical.” She spoke as she had many friends to do that with them.

The prospect of getting fat wasn’t new to Max but her genes had some sort of magic to them. “Well, I don’t have that issue, my family has some wicked genes when it comes to getting fat.” She said, joking about the whole situation, which was true, a good metabolism was so underrated in certain occasions. She pouted looking at him. “That’s hurtful, you’re making me sound like this villain who’s forcing you to eat your ice cream.” She said finishing hers.

There he was again, alone, always alone, what does one accomplish by being alone? Nothing. She followed him and sat down before laying on the ground and looking up. “Well, my offer still st-“ she was about to speak up when he decided to accept her offer. “Well, not the best compliment I received but I take it, no devils deal this time.”

It seemed she did know how to progress in an advanced form of her interest in pranks, excellent. His gaze shifted away form her by narrowing. "You would perhaps get less caught if you prepared a whole day ahead. Attempting to do something only a few moments before it is to occur with no prior planning is how you get people that can point you out." He had lost any illusion that he wouldn't be a potential target in the future as it had been clear she hadn't learned from her last hiccup with whatever slime prank she pulled in her previous school. "No doubt someone will manage to get themselves stuck. I have a hard time believing there isn't someone that would find themselves in that situation.

Senan's eyes blinked at the girl as he stared at her as if several heads had grown and taken placed right onto her shoulders. Were all those not just simply pieces on a chessboard? They had their uses, surely, but they couldn't be crucial enough to have such strong feelings about, could they? What kind of crazy structure had Australia been?! "Right. . . If you say so? Whatever seems to get you through your jolly-filled days, I suppose." That didn't sound fun at all, that sounded like a bunch of people that had wanted to put an illusion on themselves. And how dramatic can games really get? He doubted people lost their heads over it, as if there had been some throne awaiting them that made people want to send regards just to win. 

'Wicked genes', more like 'Wicked Jeans' in the future. But he didn't know her or her family from a hole in the wall. It hadn't been an impossible prospect that they had really resistant metabolisms when it came to the kind of things that they'd consume. "If I'm only making it sound like it then I haven't been emphasizing it enough to make it a definite." His head tilted only slightly to the side as he stared at her with the given response. "Practically a tyrant for eating ice cream." He had made no allusions on if he'd been joking about it or not, how she decided to take it had been up to her in his own mind. 

Still just holding the ice cream in his hand as it started to gradually melt. As a small child passed by he looked towards the ice cream, it had been a waste to let it go as it had been and it would be more rude to just let it. He smoothly stood up and walked over towards the pint sized kid and handed it over. "Free Ice Cream, I ran all out at my cart. Not a single batch can be left." The lie flowed from his mouth without any hesitation, as if had been an actual truth. The kid seemed to look around for a moment before he snatched the ice cream and bolted. 

This is when the young man decided to head back to the tree and sit next to it, gaze focused ahead as if what happened hadn't happened. "It certainly wasn't intended to be a compliment. Though something tells me you will offer me more devil deals anyways." It hadn't been spoken in a malicious way, simply put, he recognized they were massively different in mindset. What he personally disliked or had an irritation towards didn't align with what may have ticked in Max's own mind. "Simply is what it is, no big deal, really.

Spencer ☆ StudentTecri

“You’re too good at this, should I be worried?” She asked him. He seemed to be good when it came to pranking others, either he was just someone smart or he had some experience with it. Maybe he was just smart, he looked like a smart guy, perhaps those people that take everything literal and act like robots. “What’s your problem with being happy and jolly and whatnot?” she asked, her eyes fixated on him, it seemed like he had something against people who had friends, very much like a robot.

“Having friends doesn’t exactly make you happy you that right? Sometimes you can be surrounded by tons of people and still feel like the loneliest person in the world, like, you’re invisible, people see you, but they don’t listen to your song…” she started but quickly got quiet, there’s no point in continuing the conversation, he probably couldn’t understand the meaning of her metaphor. She just smiled and looked away only to look back at him when she spoke.

She rolled her eyes with a smile and watched as he gave the ice cream to a kid, she couldn’t understand if it was sweet or if he was so desperate to get rid of the ice cream that he had given it to someone else. When he got back she didn’t say a word, just paid attention to his movements until he decided to mention her deals again. “I won’t make another deal like that and if it was bothering you, you should have told me, I’m not some cold heartless monster.”  

"That I would prank you? No. Pranks aren't things that I do." A prank, funnily enough, hadn't been unlike a trap. Traps were things that he knew about and how to design and sometimes they required a less violent approach to certain individuals. At times it had been extremely beneficial for his own anonymity to use a trap with knockout potential, like a gas or some form of light plant with those qualities. "I have no personal issue with how others want to live out their lives on that regard. Even if majority of them are faking it and lying to themselves about it." A small smirk tugged at his lips, he may have been the 'Spy' but at least he hadn't lied to himself about his own situation like the average person.

Senan's eyes squinted at her for a moment, 'Song'? Oh, No. . . Had he run into one of those individuals that 'Live and breathed song and saw it in everything!'? He had been certain that at some point in his day he broke a few mirrors and suddenly had forgotten that fact. "Being invisible sounds like a pretty good benefit in my book. I'm more thrown off by the fact that you hadn't stopped to consider how your plethora of potential pranks could be pulled off that way." He had no need for friends, not really. If nothing else it had been to protect himself from being put in a position of them being used as some sort of bait. "You sound more like you're speaking from personal experience as well."

After he had offered the treat and went to sit back down his eyes closed and he leaned his head back against the trunk of the tree. The noise of the outing still quite high with excitement and energy. "I did say it was no big deal. And perhaps not a cold heartless one." A brief snicker emitted from him at the insinuation that she'd been 'Some form of Monster'. "There are actual things to be bothered about than someone making a deal for something like that anyways. It isn't like you meant the deal maliciously." As hard as it had been for him to believe she didn't seem to be some agent out with the attempt to kill him secretly. Although, he could say she'd been trying to kill him with an 'attempt at friendship'.

But had that really been a bad thing. . .? No, he couldn't think of it in a potentially positive light. It'd been too risky. The order to blend in had also made this a very difficult situation knowing what it had meant to incorporate people too closely that they start to 'notice' things. "If you're really intent on having a friend that notices you, I suppose I can. That way you don't feel invisible."  

Spencer ☆ StudentTecri

“Then I suppose I’m safe.” She said, not actually knowing if he was ever going to play a prank on someone, she would just have to be careful. He seemed to have a rather negative input on life, he wasn’t wrong, but still seemed a little bit negative. “You seem those sorts of people that assume everyone is lying. Whoever hurt you deserves a punch in the face.” She commented sitting back up and leaning on her arms.

Being invisible wasn’t the point, one could be invisible in general but still had people who saw them, but when he commented that she was speaking from experience she just smiled, she had no interest in telling him, at least not at the moment, she didn’t have trust issues, but they weren’t friends, it was a personal information.

“No, I didn’t mean maliciously, I had no reason to. You looked like someone who could use some fun.” She chuckled. “Even if hitting me with the balloon was just coincidence.” She commented, knowing that he hadn’t picked her as a target, he had just thrown it.

Max was extremely confused at his proposal, was he a mind reader? She looked at him blinking. “Are you going soft on me now? I think you’re a robot trying to get some information out of me.” She said eyeing him with a silly and playful expression.

'Safe? Sure, whatever.' He thought to himself, she'd at least been safe from pranks but that didn't mean she was safe. A gaze turned towards her with an eyebrow arched up as if she'd just came to a stupid conclusion. "Hurt me? No one's hurt me. But, yes, everyone is lying or maybe it'd be more accurate to say will lie. Even the idiots that believe obfusciation isn't a true lie, those ones? They lie to themselves the most." He shrugged slightly and lightly grunted. "It simply is the way of life." Senan didn't refute that there would be 'geniunely good people', but even they too? Were liars. The weight of the lie had been insignificant to the title, the moment it crossed a persons lips they labeled themselves it. "Lying doesn't make bad people, however. That's solely on action and mentality.

The smile, to him, stated it all. But she'd been entitled to her past or experiences, it wasn't as if he asked in the seach for a need to know. It'd been more of an observation than anything else, revealed by the words she'd spoken and how she'd spoken them. 

"The balloon toss had been mostly on curiosity. How much water had been inside of it, if it had been a typical balloon or one designed specifically for the idea of water balloon fights. If anything extra had been added in for one reason or another." It wouldn't have been unheard of to douse up a balloon with some form of knockout juice or something that could dry the skin and induce severe itching. But he had found out no one actively pranked the balloon's for a negative effect but he wouldn't tell her that tidbit. "Besides, it's more accurate to say that I didn't hit you with the balloon as much as you just stepped in its path." His fancy way of just saying she had a hittable face, he could be playful even if it sounded like being an ass. 

Avoidance through the use of silly comedy, it must have been far worse than he'd expected. "I never said I would be nice about it. Can easily take the offer back and move on with my life without losing a wink of sleep. Window cracked and snuggled nicely under blankets." There had been no need to further explain. His gaze settled on her whimsical expression. "I think that at least proves I'm less of a robot, they don't care if a window is opened or not. As for the information. . . You'll tell me eventually whether you know it or not." The sense of certainty and confidence in his voice held an actual geniune touch. He had always held the sense that those under his wing deserved a slightly altered side of him, time would tell if Max would even earn that form of right, though, he expected he wouldn't stay long enough for it to matter. 

That's all this could be, right? A simple dalliance, a lie he told himself and acknowledged - That it's simply a Teenage life. 

Spencer ☆ StudentTecri

Why was so hard for him to understand what feelings were? Perhaps he knew exactly what they were and was just toying with Max as a cat does to a mouse. “I know everyone lies, but how can you assume they are lying in the first place? You don’t, not everyone has an ulterior motive, even if they do lie or omit. You just talk like someone had hurt you.” She agreed that everybody lied, but omitting isn’t a lie, it’s a fact of feeling comfortable or not with the person one is talking with. “Do you also consider omitting something a lie?”

He had to be a robot, launching a balloon out of curiosity? What was this? His first time doing it? “Have you ever thrown a water balloon before?” she asked him. She was starting to believe that the boy had lived under a rock or in some place where he didn’t do much. “Did I? Or did you just want to see me in a wet t-shirt?” she asked sarcastically. “I’m joking.”

Max watched Senan, she smiled as he spoke. “It doesn’t make you a robot, but you’re so literal, it’s amusing and fun.” She spoke, crossing her legs. “Making friends is not just asking if you want to be friends with someone, is more than that. It’s like a … partnership, where you give and, receive, but without expecting, but it must be felt. Are you ready for it?” she wasn’t sure if he was still playing with her like a cat playing with its prey, but if he was. “But why not give it a shot? It’s not like you’ll lose…you might lose a night or two of sleep, but it won’t kill us, I think…”

"Someone may not be lying in the moment but does that dismiss that they're a liar? No, it doesn't. That just means that one phrase, action, or thought held some fraction of genuine intent, even if it had been selfish." A Murderer who hadn't murdered in the last few days would always be a murderer, the blood is on their hands. In his mind liar's worked in the same fashion, even if a week had passed before their last lie the stain had been marked on their tongue. The simple antics of and court intrigues of the Fae had taught him this day in and day out, getting one to be honest and truthful had been a difficult trial. "Depends, did they omit it because they were caught in a lie? In that case they lied to cover a lie. I believe in the court of law they consider that perjury." At least in the domain of mankind in various circles that he'd been forced to ingratiate himself towards it was simply a way of life. 

"Not every balloon is the same not unless you're legitimately doing scientific calculations of volume." Did she think just filling a balloon up with something meant there had been nothing to test or unveil? It hadn't been -his- balloon why should he have trusted it implicitly without testing it? How was she surviving in the Wizarding world if not being careful with every encounter given? Titania's wing's. . . Something told him he'll end up needing to protect him simply on his personal code alone from the dangers around him. Then her joke came and so did his very unamused staring at her. A wet T-Shirt? Did he look like one of those hormonal idiots that ran the school? "I would have probably used a much more effective method than water balloons. They don't provide the full depth of soaking into fabric, not like just pushing you into water or summoning up a stream of water to coat you."

He had hoped that both of his patron's didn't want him to be that embraced into the Teenager culture around the area. 

Why was she even smiling?! What had he said that made it seem like a good thing at all? Hadn't it been more proper for people to just say no and walk away? Or maybe he stepped into some parallel plane he never knew existed. . .? No, he didn't feel any excessive  magic at work. "Literal? I prefer blunt and to the point. The fact that gives you any sense of amusement or fun draws one to wonder." A Partnership sounded quite dangerous, though perhaps it made some sense. 

'Perhaps it isn't so different than leading a small squad of inexperienced Wizards or Fae.' At least the Fae had been much more friendly even if severe given the circumstances of their 'calling'. "You ask if I'm ready but also tell me to give it a shot. It sounds more like you're hoping I'm ready." He sighed briefly as if it had been a difficult weight on his shoulder to even engage in the idea. "Fine, we'll see what this 'partnership' has to show me." But how wrong she'd been, It could kill them, just not in the way that would be expected of it. Or perhaps it had been expected when it came to Friendships? Comradery, after all, didn't always mean you were friends with the people. 

Spencer ☆ StudentTecri

“They may lie on another occasion but what if they aren’t when you talk to them? Will you just assume they are lying to you? Everyone’s a liar, you, me, everyone lies, regardless of the lie.” She wasn’t trying to argue with him, she just wanted to know he seemed to skeptical of people. “No, not in the court of law, just like, we’re talking and we just met so I’m not going to tell you every little detail of my life, so I’m omitting things like you are as well.” She said trying to explain what she meant by omitting, she was pretty sure he wasn’t going to tell her his life story, they just met.

“Seriously? It’s a balloon with water, is to have fun. Can you really tell the difference in the balloons just by grabbing them?” she said, initially finding it quite amusing that someone would be so interested in studying the volume of water balloons. “I can see that water balloon fights are not something you’re used to or that you consider something amusing…” she said but then the look on his face when she mentioned the t-shirt made her laugh and snort a little which caused her to put her hand on her nose to stop. She stopped laughing and stared at him. “Your face tells me you’re not interested in wet t-shirts but you just proved my point, you just like it fast…”

“Yes you’re too literal, which makes you interesting and interesting is usually amusing. I don’t know why you’re confused, are people all supposed to like the same things?” she asked, a bit confused why he wondered that she considered him being literal fun and amusing, not everyone likes the same things. “Yes Senan, I hope you’re ready for it.” She said with a rather playful smile on her face, she had a feeling he wasn’t just what she was seeing, which made her want to know more. “Well…I suppose you’ll have to decide for yourself? Whatever you want to do or need if I’m available I’m in.”

"I will assume they're a liar regardless and then heed to my own intuition that whatever is spoken is to be believed with all the weight of a cow on thin ice." 'Maybe's', 'Perhaps', these were all mindsets and beliefs that were crucially deadly in his world. Uncertainty in whether a truth or lie had been spoken had been how many people were killed or fooled, it had been better to be skeptical and validate than take any individual at their solemn word. "There is no omitting, there have been no questions asked to omit." Had he blatantly lied to her since meeting? Absolutely, why wouldn't he? But he'd been quite certain there'd been no means or reason to exclude anything as nothing of crucial knowledge had been asked. 

"It's quite easy to tell the differences in a water balloon for me." Using many of his Fae talents made the process an easy thing to accomplish. As much as she'd said it would be for the 'fun' of it, he knew all too well that another persons fun was just a way to exploit them with some form of poison or knock out supplement. Did the Teenagers in Australia never face true worries of that degree? Now that he thought of it they'd been untouched by the troubles of his Father's deceased Patron of Darkness. "Of course, we can go with that assumption. That fits perfectly." He simply didn't want to be the person blamed for someone that isn't intended to be his target. But If that had helped her to get over it without him explaining? He'd take it. 

Several blinks of his eyelids formed. It'd have been a full lie as a young man to say the idea itself wasn't pleasing, hadn't been in any form a kind of priority to him, however. If she'd wanted to show him her breasts THAT badly he'd have to simply oblige at some point. "You certainly won't find out until you least expect it, if that is the case." He left it as a simple tease, something to allow her mind to wonder if he'd actually do something or if it had been mostly talk. 

"No, it may have been bad of me to think everyone wouldn't have a damaged head on some level." That's had it all seemed to him but he'd also couldn't be called the poster by of finding things in the world of true amusement. It'd always been something far more mocking in many ways. The way she spoke of being 'ready for it', made it seem as if it had been some form of rough ride, a rollercoaster he didn't -really- want. "You hope I'm ready? With the line of thought of, 'Whatever I want to do or need' is a very dangerous step. I'm not sure if you're truly ready for that." Perhaps that would scare her away? . . . Most likely not from what he's experienced. 

Spencer ☆ StudentTecri

The boy seemed to have some trust issues. Was it really that bad trusting someone? Could he even trust those his friends? If he had any, seeing that he seemed to have trust issues she assumed he wouldn’t have that many people that he would consider friends, which in a way was sort of sad. She simply stared at him as he spoke, there was not much to tell to someone who seemed to have their mind made up about something, but she did want to prove him wrong.

If he could tell the differences between water balloons and their volume he was either using magic to do so or he wasn’t human. A human could barely tell the difference without human magic. “That’s an impressive skill to have, you’re like a walking scale.” She said, probably not the best thing to call someone but she was willing to take the chance.

Somehow his words about the wet t-shirt weren’t very reassuring, maybe he was just a pervert? She just stared at him, maybe she should be careful around him and water at the same time.

If he was trying to insult her, he should have tried more original ones, she had already heard enough of those to last a lifetime. “For finding you interesting? Well, if you want to sell yourself as an uninteresting person go ahead, I’m not going to stop you.” She commented, but his next statement seemed a bit confusing for Max to comprehend. “Are you in some sort of trouble? Because those are the words of someone who is in trouble.” She asked, her tone changed slightly, but she was still determined to lend a hand, even if he was a complete stranger.  

What had she been so insistent on this approach? Did she have this internal desire to try expose some kind of truth when there hadn't been any? Not any that he could see for the most part anyways. They were on at an impasse with the subject and it had seemed to be obvious between the two of them, that would mean she'd just leave it as it was, right? Senan had no idea how wrong that particular point had been, unaware that she would still be stubborn enough to try and change that perspective for him. 

"It's quite simple when you've gone through a series of formal education that expands horizons." Senan stated smoothly. She didn't strike him as the type of person who took their studies serious in the first place if it had been the case then perhaps he could allow for it to be a suitable reason until it could be proven otherwise. "I have a very unique set of skills, completely useless in the grand scheme of things. Don't expect me to pick you up and weigh you." He could offer a joker now and then. Even if part of the sentence had been true though whether they'd be considered 'Useless' or not could only be determined by whatever individual decided to make use of what he had been trained and could offer. 

After speaking about the wet t-shirt his expression had just been a resting impassive one. Masking any subtle traces even further on whatever potential thoughts she'd been having about him in that moment. To the extent that his head slowly started tilt.

"Excellent, I'm glad that we could see eye to eye on that." He didn't believe her, something told him she'd still somehow find his 'Literalness' amusing. Did she not know the difference between that and simply being blunt about things? Whatever it had been he knew he couldn't alter the view she'd already been partial towards. A soft grunt exhausted from him, now he was -genuinely- amused rather than just a mocking one. He'd always been in trouble. "I'm talking about you and saying something so broad. If you're taking me as a literal person than it only seems dangerous to offer that kind of thing, doesn't it?" She didn't need to know the wealth of what that trouble had been. There would be no way she'd stick around long enough for it to be a problem. "It's just my way of letting you know to be careful about it.