Cbox
No advertising, and be nice! Not much happening here? Check out our Discord!
pxmBtN.png
Sturt
Flinders
Spencer
Bourke

Bourke ☆ Seventh Year ✩ Kaitore
17 year old Halfblood Werewolf ☆ HE/HIM

The sound of laughter rang through the air, various voice clamored together and rivaled the level of the music that had been set-up by the current group that had went up to start their series of sets for the day. A multitude of stands spread out across the and had been filled with lines and they weren't going to get shorter any time soon. It had also been the same situation for the lake with the different water sports that were being played and the people that had decided that they just -needed- to take a dip because of the sweat that started to build up at the brow or in other less comfortable places. Seeing this kind of a sign brought a smile to Travis' lips finding it a much comfortable environment than the usual draw of dances or balls, there had been more of a spark of life and the real core of what it meant to be constantly socializing with people that you knew and some that you've never even encountered. 

For him, though, today had been one where he'd spend some time with someone he'd befriends a short while back. After all, he'd promised that she could pick any day and he'd be there with full attentions offered. There had been a suspicion that the two of them needed to probably get out more for the summer too especially with the school year only hop, jump, and a skip away from starting up. This could be seen as the big-mega relax-o-rama in his book before he started the exhaustive Seventh year, that had been a thought he wanted to avoid thinking about for the time being. Travis waited for sometime in one of the BBQ stands until it'd finally had been his turn to make the orders: A few meat skewers, couple of Hamburgers, and a few chilled drinks to try and beat back the heat of the sun that threatened to beat down upon them.  

Normally carrying so many things could be consider the idea of trying the balancing act for other people which included a few plants and napkins for the food to avoid dropping them or having the need to just hold them in hand. But he had decided that in such a crowded place no one would actually be looking to him and there had been way too many people that he felt a bit safer putting to use the full effort of his ability for balance and well-maintained strength. However, as he continued further there seemed to be fewer people that passed by him and only amounted to a few stragglers trying to catch up to their parties. He came upon a much more secluded place which had been surrounded by a enough vegetation to hide away behind but offered an elevation where the festivities could be viewed clearly, if one sought distance but still wanted to enjoy the band and people-watching? This had been the area to do it. 

"Hehe, those lines are insane. I can't even remember how long ago it was that I had to do something like that, kind of fun." His head lifted up towards the person he'd been talking to and he held out the grouped skewers towards her. "Here, I'll need at least one hand to make the climb.

Sturt ☆ Sixth Year ☆ Family Busybody★ LilyCat
16 year old Halfbreed Sorceraic ☆ She/Her

Lorelei had arrived early with the rest of her family, and then had split off as her grandfather went to take care of barbecuing some things, and her mother got set up for a performance later on. The triplets would be keeping her father busy and the rest of the family were probably doing their own thing, or setting up for a cricket game. There was always some sort of family cricket match when the Blairs and Burdetts got together on a holiday kind of day. The teenager herself had already made plans, and had found her special place where she could sit fairly hidden among trees and rocks, but still be able to see performances and other things that went on in the general vicinity. She'd found and waved Travis over once she saw him arrive, and then he had the thought to get something to eat and drink and she waited and watched.

The girl wasn't sure what to think, except that she'd found someone who wasn't connected to her family and wanted to spend time with her still and thought she was cool. It made her feel happy, and like there might be some hope for the coming year or so in school after all. She knew well what the lines could be like at this place on Australia Day, but she'd been much smaller then. It was odd to think that she'd aged so much within a year. And yet, she felt oddly right. As though she was at the correct stage of life that she should be at. Lei at least knew there'd be no chance of going without a bra today, though at least a bikini top was a lot more comfortable than a normal bra. She'd worn swimmers beneath the sleeveless blouse and short denim shorts, and her towel was over with her family's belongings if she decided she wanted to go swimming. The girl didn't need to worry about being sunburned, she never had been and never would, despite her fair complexion or how long she spent outside.

"Oh, sorry!" Lorelei broke from her daydream-like thoughts at the sound of a voice, and she leaned over the side of the rocks in order to clasp the skewers and anything else he needed to hand to her so that Travis could climb up to join her. The scent of the food made her suddenly feel a bit hungry and she realised that she probably did need something to eat. She waited however, until the boy joined her, and was comfortable, before offering the food back as she smile softly.

"It is a good spot, yes?" The teen asked, glancing around at the view around them. They were mostly obscured, but they had an advantage in height and sight. They could see the sound shell, and games, and the lake as well. "Did you bring swimming clothes? We could go join in with swimming after if you feel like it. But we do have good views of the performances from here as well." She nodded gently. She then offered another small smile toward him, "I am happy you could meet me here."

If Travis had been -entirely- honest with himself? He was somewhat disappointed that he hadn't come across Lorelei braless again. As much as it had been a distraction, it'd be marked as one of his favorite ones. But she also deserved more attention from him than what her body presented. An undisturbed attentive too, considering that some of her issues seemed to have been that she didn't have many friends that enjoyed her for well, her. He'd been lucky enough that many of his more hormonal urges that had been amplified by the lycanthropy hardly held a sway over him in general, even in the toughest times of the months until the change would occur. There had been fresh mingle of smells that radiated off of Lorelei, had she arrived with other people? Hopefully they wouldn't mind if he'd taken her presence for himself just for a while. 

A soft chuckle escaped from him and he shook his head. "Daydreaming already on him? This place must really catch your attention easily!" He gave a playful tease as she grasped hold of the various items and he made his way up to sit snuggly next to her. After the food had been given back he then proceeded to divvy it up evenly between the two of them. Unsure of how much she'd eat or even what she would like in general. "As you can see I kind of have a uh. . . One track mind with food types." Curse his curse, even if it had been barbecued to hell and back without any of the red-meat being shown on the inside, meat still managed to draw his attention more than anything else for the sheer protein nourishment that his body craved for management. "If it isn't to your liking or something, just let me know. I don't mind having to run back and grab something a bit better. No fun if only one of us would be enjoying a good smackin' snackin', I say.

As her question pushed through, his eyes turned towards the entire area where he could took in the view. Though they were hidden for the most part, things weren't hidden from them giving a full view of the different people that waltzed about. The activities that had been going on and even the various bands and solo musicians preparing themselves for whenever their slot would be on. "Swimming. . .? Ah. . . No, I don't have any close. Just my briefs and I don't think you really want to see me in those delving into water." He snickered lightly and then turned his attentions to a more serious note and slid his fingers under the hem of his shirt and lifted it up to reveal his torso. There hadn't been an inch of skin -not- touched by scar tissue and some even look recently re-opened even with the hastened healing factor that he held. "If I start taking jumps in the water revealing all of this? It'd up the questions. I did buy a surf wet-suit, you know, it's pretty covering. But I hadn't really planned on the dunking and swimming today. I probably should have, huh? Haha. Sorry, you deserve that kind of experience on this day too.

His hand rose up and he gently waved. "It's no problem. I wouldn't pass up the chance to hang out with one of my favorite people if I can manage to make it out. I usually always try to make a way some how.

"It is the atmosphere as well. There are many people around, enjoying themselves and having fun with those they care about as well as those they do not even know yet," Lorelei smiled warmly toward the boy, easily holding the food that she'd been handed so that he could join her on the hidden spot she had discovered a long time ago, when she had still been wandering without her body. The thought caused her mind to drift again for a brief moment, before she laughed at his teasing over his choice in food. She could understand entirely why he would prefer a lot of meat, especially when that time of the full moon had recently passed. She had noticed the lack of his presence for those few days, even over Quillbook. "It is quite alright. My diet does not restrict me to particular kinds of foods. I could even eat poison and I would still survive," The girl chuckled quietly and offered a small shrug, "Also, my family does have many barbecues. Grandpa enjoys cooking much meat as well, and is a very good cook," She gave a single sage nod, as though it were one of the few ultimate truths of the universe.

"You are shy about swimming in your underwear?" The girl queried, studying Travis' reaction to the possibility of going swimming or enjoying some water sports. Not that she minded at all if he didn't want to. It was merely an idea, one of many that could be enjoyed on a day like this, with so much going on around them as it was. Her gaze did move to the revealed torso as he showed her why he was not fond of the idea though, and her lips pursed slightly as her brow furrowed in concern and perhaps pain at the sight of the wounds. Noticing the ones that were still somewhat healing, recently opened as they were, she gingerly lifted a hand toward them and pressed it to the marks, minimalising the scars somewhat with the touch. It would be barely a slight pinching sensation, but the the scarring would be quite a lot better on the recent ones. "How does this happen?" The girl then asked, her gaze shifting to look him in the eyes, "These are self-inflicted, yes?" The angles and patterns suggested as much. What happened for him to do that?

"It is no worry at all if you prefer not to swim. You could wear the shirt if you wished, but I am more than happy to simply spend time doing things we can both enjoy," Another gentle smile was offered toward him, one that then spread a little into a shy grin as a hint of pink touched her cheeks at the wording he had used to describe her. "One of your favourite people? I am really such?" She asked softly, taking a shy peek toward him as she played with one of the skewers a little, before then taking a bite. She wasn't certain why it made her feel slightly giddy at the thought, but she did know that it made her very happy that she was someone's favourite, or even just one of their favourites.

As he settled on top of the high perch a small smile stretched on his face. "Hm, Yeah, there is that, isn't there? A lot of people just out there messing around." This kind of thing he hadn't been to in quite sometime, not since the loss and the change. But lingering on that thought alone would be enough to sour his mood and so he opted to side step it, to bury it back down and enjoy the built up excitement that others were experiencing in this moment. That had been something in the now, something worth seeing for this particular moment. "Uh. . . What?" That was rather weird by any standards, was she some kind of secret half-reptilian person that could just ingest poison? "I don't think I could pull that kind of trick off." He did remember her bringing up members of her family before every so often. "Surprised your not out having some kind of family barbecue now then. I mean this can all be nice but most people prefer less of the crazy that can happen out here.

Then again, family encounters could be worse. His head slightly tilted to the side feeling her fingers press against the  wounds that had already started to rapidly heal, far quicker than any viable human should. Though he could also feel the change of the more recent scars that made their way onto his form. "You don't know. . .? Ah, sorry, I tend to forget lycanthropy isn't actually extremely common here in Australia. Chances of anyone actually teaching the mentality of them is probably really slim." In his years he hadn't remembered any form of official education on the condition, maybe a breeze through, but nothing in depth. "Yup, My own lovely wolf-claws did it. See, when fully taken over there is only two compulsions for a Werewolf. The less harmful one? Socializing with animals, that usually keeps the beast content enough even as they wonder. There is no compulsory action to hurt the animals so it's a pretty understanding relationship. The other however. . ." He took in a sharp current of air and a sad smile embraced his lips. "Is to hunt Humans. They're the one and only prey and the urge to follow, stalk, to rip and tear apart, to feast on them. . . Is the most compelling at that height.  But what happens when it can do neither of the only two things in its nature? Like anything, like anyone or creature? It goes insane, frustrated and raged the only other option is to attack the self.

Maybe socializing with other Werewolves would even be effective but could that be a risk taken if they formed a pack? One intent on a revolution of escape from the confinements the Ministry holds for the public safety? "The cost of it is that we tend to end up with nasty scars that no form of magic can heal, sometimes even look older than we are." Some of the others he'd met, the few around, in their mid twenties look half way on their journey to late thirties. "Hey, if you want to swim I don't mind it. I'd have fun with it. To answer your earlier question? No, I'm not shy about swimming in my underwear. I am cautious about being outed, what you're fully okay me swimming around in my skivvies?" He found it amusing that she even posed it as an honest question. It was rather innocent and sweet enough that it probably could cause a physical toothache. 

"What? Of course you are." Travis stated as if it should have been an obvious fact in the first place. "Why wouldn't you be? You're fun to hang around and talk with."

"It is nice to watch," Lorelei murmured softly, a small smile plucking at her lips as she watched him seeming to enjoy the atmosphere for what it was as well. She had the feeling that it was a rarity for him, and was now very glad she'd invited him. An innocent blink was given as he seemed to double-take at her lightly spoken honesty over what she could eat, but she then simply smiled and offered a gentle single-shouldered shrug, "Perhaps one day I can explain." She simply said, and then her features brightened in amusement at his assumption that her family weren't there. "Oh, they are here as well. Mamiere will be singing at some point, and Grandpa is on one of the barbeques. The others are either playing games or sitting together or mingling," She nodded gently, "There will no doubt be a game of cricket at some point." She concluded, knowing her family well, there was a tradition of cricket with the Blairs, Burdetts, Belmonts, and other close families on Australia Day. At least the talk distracted him a little from the healing that she was performing. She couldn't do a lot, with her powers having been restricted, but she could at least mend the recent ones. She also listened carefully to his explanation.

"I know of the physical plight, and the danger they can pose, but the mentality when in transformed state has not much been explained, aside from the loss of human control unless given a potion," Lorelei explained quietly the little she knew, but then paid full attention as he explained what she didn't know, her lips forming a small thoughtful pout and brow furrowing slightly into a gentle frown the more that she heard. It sounded... horrible, really. Though she knew there was no control once they were shifted, and that the beastial instincts took over, she hadn't been aware that they were placed in a situation where they would do harm to themselves, in order to protect others from the danger. Without thinking about it, she had reached for his hand to hold tightly, almost as though to comfort him, while her gaze remained settled on distant space in thought, silent tears forming in her eyes at the idea of the torment he must go through month to month.

"I am so very sorry to hear that," Came the teen's soft voice, before she sniffed lightly and wiped her face, leaning against his side for a moment with her head on his shoulder. She turned her head to peer at him after a moment, "I can heal some of the scars when I am one day at my full power, but I do not know when that will be." She said, almost apologetically, but then she had a small idea and looked at him curiously, "If I did get you some Wolfsbane, would that help? I have heard that it allows one to maintain their human control, which would mean you do not have to harm yourself..." However, she then paused and pouted again, "If I could help all, then I would." She said quietly. She did offer a small smile at least as he said that he wouldn't mind swimming if she really wanted to, followed by another curious expression.

"Why would your underwear bother me?" Lorelei asked. It wasn't as though he would be naked, though the moment the mere thought of that popped into her head she turned her gaze away, shaking her head a little. She didn't even know what should have been expected with that. His confirmation of her being a 'favourite' though, caused her lips to maintain a bright and honestly happy smile as she tucked some hair behind her ear, "I am happy to hear that. You are one of my favourite people too." She said easily, turning her gaze back toward him with pure warmth in her eyes, chuckling almost shyly after a moment, "I did not have the best luck making connections for a ling time. I think... perhaps I am at the stage where I perhaps belong a little more now." She said softly.

"Ahaha, sometimes it is." Other times it had been more of a stark reminder of how things could have been but weren't. Alas, the future was never a thing meant to be changed and he couldn't guarantee that he'd even be the same kind of person if it hadn't been due to some choice incidents and absences. "Maybe, but you don't owe me any kind of explanation." There had been no need to place the pressure that he wanted some form of answer for the questions that her words ended up prodding open. "Nice! It sounds like you're going to have a pretty full day then. That's really good, always important to get those kind of fun moments. I only imagine it gets pretty competitive eventually." That's how it usually seemed to be with large families. 

"The real fun is remembering everything that occurred afterwards." That had been the real hook. If he'd ever been in a position where he'd change without proper confinements then whomever he attacked would be an embedded freshly in his mind upon the morning waking. Many wouldn't be able to even fathom the true cost that could wreck on a person and though he hadn't yet reached that point he was in the position enough to actually consider the terrifying aftereffects that would be left behind. Her hand encased over his tightly which caused his attention to turn fully towards her, the smell of a soft salt. . .  Had she been tearing up? If it had been several years earlier he knew he'd be able to understand it but as far as it had gone he counted it simply as a way of life now for him. 

Travis eyes averted forward to see the people ahead of him, feeling the presence of her body pressed against his own. That was new, he hadn't expected her to get that close. "You don't need to be sorry about it. Heh, It isn't a curse of the blood for the ease of it and all." It could have been worse, he could have been like Cat. Something about her had been weird, Human yet preferring to be a Cat. . . She perhaps had been more cursed than himself in that regard. "Your full power? Don't really know what that means there but you shouldn't waste your time or energy with that kind of effort, Lorelei. They would just occur again the moment the frustration would set in, use that talent of yours for those that won't make it a waste." There were others out in the world that held debilitating scars that wouldn't have the chance of showing up in the next month. "Wolfsbane. . . Expensive. Even if the amount needed for it could be procured if I ended up missing a dose it goes to hell."

Wolfsbane had been a thought and a discussion with his Mother but he knew they not only didn't have the funds he couldn't guarantee that he could get a dose in every single time before the next full moon. "It would allow me to at least keep my head, the urges don't effect me as much as a human as it does others. I think I could suppress most of the more nagging urges that would still pop up with it." But could he even ask her to even get it? How would she even manage it in the first place? Her family may have been well off but it still left them finding out that truth which he still wasn't sure if that had been something he should or could risk. "I couldn't ask that kind of a sacrifice of you, of anyone."

The following question caused him to look at her once more with a bewildered expression. "You do know, undergarments for a guy doesn't -really- hide everything, right? It'd just be a step from naked only without the actual sight of the goodies." Or had that just been him and those he hung around with that game to that kind of conclusion? Now that he thought about it, someone else had suggested 'What had been wrong with underwear' when it came to swimming. Maybe it was just him and his mind then. . . "Never bad to be someone's favorite person, I say. And maybe, sometimes it's harder to connect with people that don't understand you. Other times they connect even without the need to understand you. Understanding comes with time and exposure.

"I would not share an explanation because I think I owe it," Lorelei said easily with a small smile and quiet laugh. She knew that people often believed that they or others felt forced to do or say something because they felt they owed it, but she knew she didn't owe anyone the details of her life, her family or the fact that she would probably still be living long after most people around her turned to ash. That thought caused a small twinge within her, but it was one that she felt often and had learned that she had to ignore. One day her grandfather would pass away, half of her uncles and aunts, and almost every friend that she made. It was just a part of life. They would die and she would go on. "Perhaps I will. I did not decide yet what else I would do besides spending time with you," She said easily with a gentle shrug. She might get roped into a game later, and it occurred to her to extend the invite to Travis, but she had a feeling that he preferred to limit the number of people he met and spent time around, so she didn't want to place him in the predicament of trying to awkwardly decline.

"Remembering can be a great curse, indeed," The teen nodded in agreement, her hand remained clasping his as she rested her head on his shoulder for a short time while they spoke. She was aware that she didn't have to be sorry, she certainly wasn't at fault for his situation, but she could at least empathise a little. It sounded rather awful, to lose control of oneself and be unable to stop from harming others of themselves. Yet being about to remember it all, those hours of animal instinct, like watching through a lens as something else took over your body. "It is not a waste to me," She pouted a little, plush lips pursing together as she looked to him with a sad expression, "If I was not restricted then I would be able to do much, much more. Even if just to ease the pains that occur after those nights." It certainly couldn't be enjoyable to have to deal with that. She was aware of the Wolfsbane and it's price. She had even looked up how it was made and knew she could do it, but that trying something definite would be best first.

"It is no sacrifice for me, I wish to assist, and no one need know either," Lorelei reassured him with a small nod, realising that half of his concern was probably if her family found out and what would happen then, though she didn't honestly believe that they would truly judge him for something that was not his fault. She smiled gently as she tilted her head, "Please?" The word was said sweetly, as though it would be doing something nice for her if he allowed her to help in this way, but it wasn't a ploy, the girl clearly genuine. "Even just try it once to see how you are? There are many secure places that I know, and I could remain near so that you are not lonely and have someone to talk to," She beamed a gentle smile at him, though then her features changed to a thoughtful pout, "But I suppose you are expected to arrive somewhere, and they would have to be aware you have taken it if you are to stay in a different place. So, I suppose I will simply visit at where you usually stay!" Her bright smile returned as she nodded, it seemed like a perfect idea to her. And if it did work, then those who kept track would allow him to stay somewhere else, so long as he took the Wolfsbane before the full moon.

"Oh, so it is like if I am wearing a singlet and no bra?" The girl asked, blinking a little at his explanation of boys in underwear. She supposed that made a bit of sense, but she tilted her head still as she looked at him, "Does that bother you then? Are you embarrassed about what people would be able to make out?" It was a purely innocent question, the girl's bluntness shining through once again in what was perhaps a personal question. "I would not wish you to do something that leaves you feeling self-conscious," She shook her head, smiling reassuringly once again, though as he spoke about her fitting in, her head ducked a little, her gaze shifting away as she offered a small shrug.

"That is... not quite how it was for me. I was simply... not at a point that I belonged in, I think," Lorelei mused quietly, "Things make much more sense now than they did before. Perhaps this is how it was always meant to be."

A smirk touched his lips, it was good she had that much confidence in herself that she didn't need to feel validated by offering up any extensive information. Whatever she'd been had been between her and whatever her family had been. Unless they were some kind of race of blood or soul sucking people. . . Then maybe that would be something to watch for but he hadn't gotten that kind of impression so far. Several blinks formed as he glanced towards her. "Really? Why not?" Not that he wasn't flattered that she'd been focused on hanging out with him but with how active her family had been he found it a bit odd she hadn't planned what her next steps would be after the meeting with him had ended. "From the way you talk about things it sounds like you would've had something planned already. A lot of activities for you choose from, I think.

Travis could smell her scent much closely the longer her head rested on his shoulder enough to wonder if she had any idea of how this would look to other people that would pass by. Or the circumstance of if any of her family members had seen this little scene and wonder about not only this random male's connection to her but why she'd been hanging on him. The levels of her innocence always seemed to baffle him and left him unsure on how to respond or if bringing attention to things for better clarification would just beam a heavy awkwardness. A soft chuckle escaped from him at the sad expression that painted on her face. "Pains are pains, besides, it isn't as if they last long for me either way. It's what makes the scars. . . Livable. Faster healing of wounds." If he'd been some other creature in the world then the amount of damage to the tissue would have caused a harsher time on the body, luckily enough, he didn't have to wait long for the wounds to seal up. "It may not be vampiric fast but it's enough that I don't bleed out to death so easily. One of the many reasons they need to send teams out to deal with Werewolves.

Not the only, but one of the factors. Aside from the animalistic strength and speed when changed taking one of his kind done hadn't be a feat that many could perform. The genuine sound from her plea had only been met with an equal amount of adamancy behind it. "I am registered, yes. If they have no word or proof of safety and I suddenly don't show up they will send someone out for searching. Either to subjugate or. . ." He didn't think he needed to explain what had been after 'Or', it was self-explanatory or he assumed as such. Subduing a werewolf isn't always sound strategy and sometimes killing them out right had been the only resort offered for the safety of the Auror's and those they needed to protect. "You're not going to budge from the trying it at least once stance, are you?" More effort and work in exchange for not slicing himself up and waiting for his body to heal from the pain and wounds. "Fine. . . I'll give it more consideration, that's all I can promise.

Maybe this had been the small silver-lining he sought to deal with his more present issue? He pushed the thought away instantly, aware of the young girl's tendency to read emotions. "You shouldn't want to stand by someone in a place like that, Lorelei. It wouldn't just be me around in that kind of situation. There would also be, maybe a few hundred others, suffering through the same agonizing howls for the same reasons. That alone is haunting in its own way." The signs that she'd been the type to go out of her way for others showed in full rawness with how she'd been willing to try and stand watch. But he wasn't sure she'd been aware of just how horrific that environment truly could be for the mind, even for those prepared. "You would perhaps see some much younger than I at that in that kind of a situation." After all, his own situation started before he even hit double digits of age. 

"No that isn't. . ." His fingers ran across his beard for a moment in thought. He wasn't sure how to explain it and it didn't exactly assist that her mind hadn't worked as other teenage girls. The logic leap that would usually take place didn't seem to. If anything, he'd relate it more towards the idea of wearing one's panties and catching a watery camel toe. Sure, a person is covered, but the imprint and shape and image had been revealed and left very little to the imagination. A soft sigh escaped his lips and he figured the only way to break the innocence barrier of communication had been to be blunt in his own way. "It means that you would be stuck with the chance of viewing what could poke -out- of my underwear." He certainly hadn't been shy about his body in that way, it wouldn't have been his first rodeo with exposure and hadn't cared if he showed himself in that way. 

But that didn't mean someone wouldn't be offended or uncomfortable with the sight or knowledge of that. Shame hadn't been the kind of thing he knew about. "You know, the obvious difference between man and woman?

"It's possible. I'm not a person who could be consider an expert on what fate has in store for people." He was no seer, if there had been actual Seer's around in the first place. But he also hadn't been the sort to take Divination for the full intention of it simply due to its obscurity. "But, sometimes, the cards dealt aren't yours to pull. The dealer just slides it out. But at least we get to decide how we play it for the part anyways.

"Hm? We often do many things together, and not all goes to plan always, due to the many family members as well as..." The teen paused, pursing her lips in consideration as she tried to think of the best way to explain it, "The unpredictability of what may occur that has not been taken into account most of the time. I have learned to simply take things as they come. They would not hold it against me if I decided to sit out an activity or few." She offered a small nod and a smile, before then glancing upward with a thoughtful expression, "They would probably just ask me what I have been doing." And it wasn't as though her family could fault her for spending time with a friend. They had started to accept that she was no longer the little girl she had been a year ago, that she was going to display teenage tendencies to do her own thing now and then, and for that she was glad. Though she did wander what made them so concerned about whether she spent time with girls or boys, it seemed like they should be happy she was finding companionship wherever it could be found.

"I would not let them do that," A frown formed on Lorelei's features, guessing exactly what Travis meant with his unfinished sentence. She didn't say anything else regarding that, despite knowing that he would want to know exactly what she could do to prevent hunters from doing what they were seemingly supposed to if he ever got out on the loose without prior knowledge given to them about whether he was 'safe' or not. The almost dark look softened however, as he agreed to at least think about her offer, causing her to wrap her arms around him briefly and give him a hug. She wanted a more bearable way for him to deal with this, even if he was used to what he went through month to month by now. She didn't like knowing that he went through that kind of pain. His thoughts on what she should or shouldn't do were met with another serious look though ad it was almost as though a much older Lorelei was looking at him now.

"It would not be the first time I have been in a place where I am helpless against assisting or preventing the suffering around me," The teen said quietly, and the simple sound of her voice and the feeling that she was telling the truth was a distant cry from the innocence that was normally displayed. Both were parts of her, there was no doubt, as innocent as she was there were clearly parts of her where that innocence had been long extinguished. "I can only do what I can for those I care about as I currently am, and to attempt to save the entire world is a fool's endeavour anyway," There was almost a sadness to the statement, as though she were aware the cost of knowing certain things. However, her expression softened as she glanced at him again, "But if I would share that pain so that you do not have to be alone." She said, warmth in her gaze. At least the subject of swimming and his apparent predicament with it was able to lighten the air once again though, as the girl stared at him for a moment like he may have grown a second head on his shoulders, before she then started giggling, lifting a hand to her mouth.

"I am aware of the differences between boys and girls!" Lei exclaimed, giving Travis a gentle push on his shoulder, before she continued her giggling for a few moments and then shook her head, "It is not as though I have been raised in an all-female environment or something. I have younger siblings and my brother used to be cheeky and run around without his clothing on." Of course, she was aware that there was a difference between being a toddler who hated to wear clothes, and a teenage or adult man, of course, but she didn't appear to be phased, "It is just body parts. If something slips, then it does." She shrugged gently, though her body still shook from the occasional giggle at the idea that he felt he'd had to explain anatomy and the obvious differences between them, "It would be no different to if I had accidentally flashed you when we met. You would not have cared, I am sure." She tilted her head with an amused smile. She could only offer a small nod though at his words of living with the cards one is dealt.

"I suppose..." Lei murmured quietly, knowing that he wouldn't really understand unless she told him the truth about herself and how she had almost doubled in age from what she was a year ago. But she couldn't be certain how he would react to that. There was the high chance that he would treat her differently on that alone, the thought itself causing her lips to tug into another small concerned frown.

Unpredictability? His eyes closed for a moment, probably something he shouldn't really find questionable. Knowing that when a family holds a long line in magic things sometimes were bound to happen. Or, really, when it came to magic in general. Nothing ever could be stated with any amount of certainty and expecting the sudden jumble up had come to be expected, at least it -should- be expected. "Well, you've got me there. As long as you don't get into any sort of trouble." A light laughter emitted from him and a smile touched on his lips in a smooth curve. "Some families take that kind of quality time pretty seriously. I know a few who have to just because they have to." Not the greatest of excuses he found but that perhaps had been the risk of growing up in unique environments. He was pretty sure if she went telling her family she'd been laying on him and holding his hand, he'd probably end up as a rug on someone's marbled floor. 

Travis' own brow furrowed at the sudden darkening of her expression and enough of a sign that it mind his mind more alert on what could potentially have driven through her mind. Had she planned to somehow stop the elite forces from doing their job?  He knew she had a relative really high up the Ministry pole but he couldn't expect that they'd approve of her interference or even would move their own hand which. . . Probably meant she'd do something which even he would deem a brash thing to do. The hug disarmed him from the thoughts that had piled up and a gaze cast downwards towards her. It hadn't escaped his notice, it had been done in different ways but she held the desire for touching. 

"Sometimes it isn't about the thought trying to save the world that makes it harder." He knew that sometimes, it had been the knowledge while others it had been witnessing with ones own eyes. Not for the feeling of helplessness either but in the twisted knowledge that it was the fate of the world for anyone that had been placed in that kind of a predicament, that the world had ushered in such a cruel plate and had yet to be done with its fill. "Wallow in something long enough and it will break the sturdiest of individuals." Sometimes the path of time had been on the side of the few, those that held out as long as they could before their mind would become crushed. No one was immune to that, least of all those that would be long lived to experience it ten fold.  A small smile formed on his face, he hadn't commented on her desire to try and share the pain. It was a sweet sentiment.

He snickered as he leaned a bit from her shove, if she had been comparing him to her little brother in terms of an experience then he wasn't sure she actually understood the full connotation of things. "Just body parts, eh? Well, if you say so." Travis just took it as the idea that she considered him like a brother if she'd been that comfortable with it and used a relative as a point of proof. "Sure, we can go with me not have caring." A soft laughter escaped from him. He wouldn't have been offended but he also wouldn't have been against such a sight, the female body was always a beautiful form to admire in his mind. The difference in this could also would be the addition of water which often changed the perception of well, everything in the right conditions. "Okay, if you don't really have a problem with anything then we can go swimming.

"Perhaps I should then warn you that I have a tendency to jump into trouble?" Lorelei said quietly, almost conspiratorily, though she followed it up with a soft giggle, as though she were mostly joking. Though the girl knew herself that she had a difficult time taking a back seat to something that she would potentially assist with. Case in point was her correspondence with Zane until she had take it to her grandparents. Though she had argued that she would have told them regardless, she knew deep down that had she been with her full potential then she might have taken it upon herself to remove the threat to their family. "My family is very understanding and accepting. There has been so much that they have gone through, and are connected with, that it is the only way that they could be really," She murmured with a soft smile. While she suspected Travis' own trepidation with meeting a large family like hers, she felt that they would accept him as he was and would want to help as much as she did. At least there were no questions of what she would do against those who would hunt him, which she was thankful for. Lorelei knew delving too much into that side of herself could scare people away, and she didn't want him to be frightened of her.

"I am aware," The teen said softly as she offered another little squeeze, before releasing him from the hug. She smiled gently at him, "I have witnessed the results of those who have lived through heartache after heartache. It may yet be my destiny to become distant eventually as well, but..." She pursed her lips as she tried to think of how she could explain. Once again, it came down to her situation, which she never wanted to be judged for but at the same time made things so much easier to explain. She thought of the best way to talk about it without giving too much away. "I was at risk of becoming distant from the world not so long ago... a child who thought like someone who was far older, but without the experience of life to allow me to understand what it was that I would be missing out on while believing I could protect others. It sounds strange, I know..." A small wry smile tugged at her lips.

"As such, my Great-Grandmiere decided to cut me off from most of my power, and decided I would attend school, so that I would gain a better understanding of life and gain experiences that would keep me from becoming.. cold, I suppose," Lorelei bit her lip a little, already feeling like she may have said too much, but at the same time she felt like it might explain how it was that she was so inexperienced in some areas, and yet so knowledgeable in others, "I hope it does not change what you think of me." She then said, her gaze peeking over toward him with concern, "I am still who I am right now, very much mind, body and emotions in sync." Of course, she was assuming that he understood anything of what she meant. She gave him a lopsided smile at his reaction to her thoughts on seeing anything though.

"Is the human body not something to appreciate? You being an artist, I would think that you more than most would understand that it should not matter so much if there was accidental exposure," The teen chuckled softly, before offering a gentle shrug, "Of course, it would be quite different to if it was my brother, no doubt. You are not my relative, but it is not difficult to avert my eyes until you are able to fix yourself again if I find myself embarrassed," She tilted her head a little then at his response to her thoughts of him not caring about whether she'd flashed him, curiosity causing her gaze to narrow, but part of her also quite aware that she might not want to question too deeply what it was that he would have thought, "So you would have cared? Or would such a sight have been appreciated, like what I said of the body?" She appeared genuinely curious, but at the same time there was almost a hint of mischief in the question. His conceding to going for a potential swim caused her to chuckle softly though, "If you are really alright with it. We can go somewhere further along the lake's shore where it's quieter if you would like to avoid questions over the scars or others seeing you accidentally poking out." She giggled quietly, lifting a hand to her lips like a cheeky imp.

A smooth laughter flowed from Travis. "Yea, yea. . . I kind of had that idea already, that you're a troubler jumper." That excessively selfless nature she held could only lead down one road and that road was an overwhelming amount of trouble. Even with the bit of what he'd known and experienced coming from her he could consider her a bit controlling when it came to things she saw as something she could intervene with. Then a soft grunt resonated at his chest, he wasn't sure whom she was trying to convince with that particular statement. He wasn't going to place trust on the line of 'maybe's' especially with how finicky people could be, betrayal was a common trait to come across when it came to those like himself or even similarly so. He found he could find no true comment to say on it and opted to roll into the next conversation with ease. 

He offered a half smile as she gave a hugging squeeze then let go. "Heh, Sounds like a bit of a contradiction." Or more along the lines of someone who would have eventually thought of themselves as a Deity. A Messiah Complex. . . That's something that he could see in her which could be quite the dangerous and destructive path for any individual. "Strange? Ah, a bit. But being aware of certain things isn't exactly like experiencing them. I tend to relate life to a rollercoaster, the person on the rollercoaster knows it can be scary. But the person watching from a low altitude 'Knows' it can be scary, if you get what I mean?" Perception, it had been a ravager of thoughts and minds and even being in the same room a person would never truly understand or grasp the brunt of effects. Maybe the aftershocks of it but never the full weight. "At least with more experience under your belt you'll get to gain the awareness of both kind of situations and know how to support those in that time. So, I get it slightly." But something told him she wouldn't stop inserting herself even with that kind of knowledge.

So, what. . . Her grandmother dropped a curse on her? Sounded excessive but then most containment methods could seem that way. He wasn't sure about any of this 'full power' line of thought and honestly hadn't been sure where to step on that kind of a thing. "Why would it change what I think of you?" His brow furrowed, quizzical expression formed on his face. "I mean, sure, it's a bit hard to follow." Which had primarily been that he knew he was missing some kind of piece that made it all move to make some kind of sense. "But I don't think it's something that would make me see you in some sort of different light. Really, just clears a up a few more things, hahaha." And maybe makes him want to avoid her family like some form of black plague that could consume him, flesh and all. He'd also been left with many more questions than things that had been solved but at least it broadened more of an idea to him about her personality. 

Travis counted himself as a young hormonal man before being an artist, while the human body had been something to appreciate it hit in different ways first for him. -If- she found her self embarrassed? Another comment he wasn't even sure where to take but it made him scratch at the side of his head in bewilderment on if she heard how it sounded. The next line of questioning didn't really help the first points either and his eyes blinked a moment. "I'd say appreciated but I couldn't say in what way, honestly." Would it have been artistically? Probably not, he had been surprised by own actions in the past but there had been a higher chance it would be out of pure enjoyment of another nature. And if one were to think about it, he practically had his face against her breasts already with the way her bra fell on his face. He snorted a bit. "I'm more worried about the scars than actually being seen poking out.

A smile formed on his face without any hint of shame on the final part and then shrugged. "Then, sure, we can do that."

"Mmn, it is why I do get into some trouble with my family sometimes. They are unhappy when I dive into something without warning," Lorelei lifted a hand to scratch a little at her head while her lips pursed thoughtfully. She had already been through considering what it was she did that made others worry, and that she needed to be more careful about what she could or could not handle. But it didn't mean that she wouldn't want to help someone if she knew she had the means to do so. Perhaps it was silly and reckless, but if more people in the world helped others, then certainly it would be a nicer place. "Contradictory? Perhaps..." She blinked a little as she thought about it. Maybe she was a contradiction, in many ways. Was that a bad thing? She didn't know how to change that about herself. And she was well aware that the more she had tried to explain, the more confusing she appeared to be. There was really no easy way to describe her position or what had occurred to her, not without being completely direct, and she wasn't certain whether that was a good idea or not just yet.

"Yes, it is hopeful that I can gain experiences... and perhaps closer connections to ground me. I... there is struggle sometimes, between who I am and what drives me. If I cannot make connections then I could be in danger of losing myself," The teen spoke quietly, her gaze set ahead of her into the middle distance, before she bent her knees and hugged them lightly to her chest, "It is like, two halves of me competing for dominance." Her lips formed a small pout as she considered what she knew and the quite real danger of what she could become if she lost that grounding that her family provided, or if it one day wasn't enough. She didn't want to lose herself, she didn't truly believe she was some kind of Deity, but she knew that eventually her role would be similar to that of her great grandmother's. There was a long time before that though.

"It may be too... strange, is all," The young woman said softly as she turned her head to look at Travis. "And it worries me that if you found out the whole truth, then you would treat me very differently. But at the same time, I do not wish to deceive," She breathed out a small sigh and then shook her head. He had said that she didn't have to tell him about herself, but there were some things that part of her knew he really did need to know, if only so that he didn't feel deceived at a later time. She couldn't really see what was actually cleared up, she was rather certain that if anything she might have created more confusion. His reaction of scratching his head over something she'd said didn't help that either, and she hugged her legs a little tighter as she watched him.

"Well, appreciation is still good, I suppose," Lorelei said quietly with a small nod, starting to mentally beat down on herself for being so clearly odd. She rubbed her arms and forced a small smile on her face at his mention of being more concerned about scars than his privates being seen, apparently. She nodded gently as he agreed to going somewhere that wasn't crowded like the nearby shores though, "Alright. Whenever you would like to. You probably wish to finish the food first." She tilted her head, looking to her uneaten skewer, before offering it across to him, "I have eaten plenty. You can have this one if you like."

"I imagine if someone that wasn't you did the same, they'd probably earn your concern and disapproval." A light smile touched his lips, it had seemed to be the usual response in those kinds of dynamics with peoples families. Certain traits were learned, even if they were at different effects to the individual. It also could have been the factor of her being young which would perhaps explain a bit more on the connection of becoming colder, which he ended up just taking up as a means of explaining being in a socially secluded environment more than anything else. "I find everyone is a contradiction. It's what makes people. . . People. 'Do as I say, not as I do' comes to mind in almost every situation." Travis often found himself a large contradiction, the nature to feel social and the desire to push them away for their own protection. To distance himself from the potential hurt he knew would eventually be caused in a different way entirely. 

He chuckled lightly at the description of having 'two-halves'. That had been the walk many people faced in the magical community, more notably in his mind, Dhampir's and Werewolves who found it difficult to contain their urges. "Might need to talk with someone on how they deal with having to fight a battle in that way. Plenty of people around who survive it a bit, others that don't." The experiences probably wouldn't help entirely but even knowing a bit on some of the ways that people keep themselves rooted could have been a help in that discovery. "But I think they'd probably say what I'm about to say which is the need to find an identity that you feel comfortable with. Sometimes it means testing out things until you say, 'Oh, yeah, man this really clicks with me!" That how he had stumbled across drawing and to some extent flirting, they were both ways on how his feet kept to the ground. 

"You do realize we live in like. . . A world of magic, right?" His head tilted with the playful tease of his words. A hand pushed in a light nudge against her to try and knock her out of the solemn feeling. "I don't think anything could be counted as 'too strange', honestly. A place where Mer people swim about and as different as each snowflake, where walking through a Pyramid and suddenly be a Sphinx snack could happen." Where someone could just be camping with their family and suddenly being attacked by a Werewolf. . .  "I can't say much to you or anything like that with the whole 'See me differently' bit. I'm pretty sure I'm the biggest culprit in that matter." It had remained to truly be seen if she wouldn't at that but it'd been a thought he decided to push to the side. "But it also isn't deception if you don't tell someone, not really. Certain things simply are, what they are. At a certain point it isn't about whether you're hiding or lying about its existence but finding someone trusted enough to protect themselves.

Travis never told anyone about his Lycanthropy, not really, maybe only Meadow of all the people that he could consider that he'd encountered. Lorelei seemed to. . . Snatch the truth of it herself even with his insistence against it. 

She suppose? It seemed a lot of her mischievous questioning had been knocked out of her. "I don't have to finish it now. It wouldn't satisfy much anyways, really, it would just curb it. I usually wait until I go home most days anyways." The food bill could be considered through the roof with how much he had to in take of meat on just a daily basis, let alone when it grew closer to the full moon where he had been near voracious for red meat. He started to stand up and extended his hand out towards her to help her up. "Maybe staring at me one step away from naked will help you with a bright smile again." He gave a playful wink towards her.

"Perhaps... though I think I would more feel concerned, and perhaps a little hurt that they did not feel they could ask me for assistance," Lorelei said with a small nod, knowing that it was perhaps exactly how her family may have felt when she had done some things. But usually? Her moves had been spur of the moment, without the time to consult anyone else. It was hardly her fault that she was quick off the mark in noticing a change in the air or oncoming danger. She understood hypocrisy though, and glanced at him a moment as though she realised they perhaps had quite a bit in common despite their differing circumstances. His advice regarding the battling halves though, seemed to cause her shoulders to slump a little, uncertainty in her expression, "What if one isn't sure what their... niche, is? I am good at many things, but I am unsure if they feel like... my own." Her nose wrinkled, she wasn't sure how to explain what she meant.

"What if I cannot find something which does this 'click'?" The teen asked, but then offered a small shrug and offered a mild half-smile at the reminder of the world they lived in. She was quite aware that there were numerous strange occurrences every day, but she still doubted that her situation could really be accepted quite as easily. Or that people wouldn't treat her differently upon knowing that she had doubled her age in six months. "You promise that you would not view me any differently than you would without knowing?" She asked quietly, her lips forming a small pout as she studied him, still a little unsure. "I may tell you some time, it is something which would perhaps explain my family's over-protectiveness of me," Another light shrug and she then tilted her head at him.

"I do not mind waiting if you would like to eat," An earnest smile touched her lips, Lorelei didn't want to rush Travis or anything, especially since she was aware that he needed to eat quite a bit compared to other people. She could go without eating and she would be fine, but she wasn't about to go saying that considering the look he'd given her when she'd mentioned poison not affecting her. His suggestion that seeing him in his underwear would make her smile caused her to blink a couple of times, however, not quite understanding whether this was a joke or something. Or perhaps there was something funny about what he looked like? Still, she accepted the hand up while she tried to work it out in her head.

"You might have to explain the joke. Why will you in your underwear help me with a bright smile?" Lorelei asked curiously, tilting her head at him, though after a moment she considered a possible idea and lifted her chin a little as she seemed to understand, "Oh, because that would mean swimming was about to happen? I do enjoy playing in the water." She nodded, a warmer smile tugging at her lips before she jumped down from their vantage point, and she then considered each direction before sensing which side they'd find a closer bank with no people around, and she began to lead the way.

"Hmm. . . Then consider it this way, hm? Sometimes not seeking assistance in someone isn't about trusting if they can or can't handle but to keep them from doing something that would explode a situation further." Travis had been sure he didn't need to make that leap with her not when it seemed she'd been the target of that kind of situation in of itself. Whatever it had been, he couldn't fathom the 'What' so much but there had been enough things in the world the world that he could see it being enough of a problem. That aside, he'd been the sort that didn't ask for assistance and primarily for the reason of keeping others out of the way for their own safety as much for his own goals. 

The two questions she proposed caused him to stay in silence for a moment as he allowed his mind to run. "Hm. . . I can see the struggle in trying to find what clicks. I mean, for me, I found drawing because I wanted to try and blank out the urges." He laughed lightly and shrugged. "Come to find out? They were the very tricks that actually made it possible for me to draw in such intense details, to catch everything about my subject. I turned the thoughts that they were just potentially prey into people to admire in the moment." If his mindless rage could comprehend that it probably would have been much more enraged at that fact in general. "The point here really is, does it matter where it comes from if you enjoy it? Take pleasure in it and use whatever the problem is as a way to flavor it in your own style.

"Unless you're going to say you're some secret family of werewolf hunters just waiting to skin me in my changed state for a new carpet? I don't think I'd look at you differently." He could promise that much, couldn't he? How bad could it really be? Maybe she'd been some kind of miracle baby that her parents hadn't expected in their intimate moments? That would most likely explain it, that didn't seem like something that he would ever judge her on. "Typically, parents are over-protective to some crazy lengths. I usually don't pay much mind to those kind of protections." By the time a person is half way through Tally they were already getting ready to prepare for the larger world, after all. They weren't typical younglings not by Muggle standards. 

His head shook lightly as she stated she didn't mind waiting. "Honestly, it wouldn't make much of a difference for me. It'd count as like. .  .Less than a snack, if that makes any sense." Maybe it didn't make much of one to someone that could just ingest poison? "Besides, I can always save it for later too. It'd be pretty good to have on my walk back home." Sometimes the urges hit in the long treks. 

Travis offered a softened smile and as well as a light brush of fingertips against his forehead. "Ahahaha, Nevermind about that, Lorelei." His gaze narrowed slightly as while he snickered softly. "Of course, because swimming is on the menu." It seemed she'd still been in the teen stage of innocence where none of the 'naughty jokes' seemed to pierce into her mind as an instinct. He wondered how long that would actually last in her years at the school. He assisted her standing up and started to follow her as she led the way. His nostrils expanded as he took a gentle whiff of the air, they seemed to be getting closer to a body of water where no strong scents of people had been. 

"This I do understand," Lorelei nodded gently before biting her lip a little. She had a funny feeling that Travis would probably be much the same if she wanted to assist him, but she hoped that he would allow her to be of some help to him some time. She was aware there was something that seemed to cling to him - aside from the more obvious curse - but she wasn't willing to invade his thoughts to learn more. She did listen though as the boy explained how it was that he'd come to find art and sketching for himself. Her lips tugged into a small warm smile and she nodded a little, "That is a very intelligent use of your extra senses, using those things that you notice more as inspiration to draw or create." She nodded again, though her mind was still having trouble trying of think of something that had really felt like her kind of niche. She shook her head vehemently at the suggestion of being any kind of werewolf hunter at all, but then bit her lip as she seemed to debate.

"What about... what would be your thought on someone who had aged years within months?" The teen asked quietly, frowning as she looked at her lap. It wasn't as though it was a huge secret after all. Those who knew her family well, and the Burdetts were well aware of the strange growth spurts that both she and Lauren had undergone. "As in, they had always had a more mature mindset and intelligence, but were a child a year ago, and had grown into a teen within that time span... as though they had been placed in fast forward for a number of months, and now seemed to fit their mental outlook a lot better than they used to," Lorelei pursed her lips a little as she focused on a single spot on the rock, unsure of Travis' response. Perhaps she could have kept it to herself, but he would have eventually learned. The girl nodded at the mention of saving the food for the walk home though, and simply stood up and began to lead onward while she mulled over the teasing - she was certain it was teasing - from the young man. She was aware there were some areas of life she was inexperienced in, but she did really see her life as having simply been sped forward, and not like a child in a teen's body, and something told her it was one of those jokes between boys and girls who flirted.

How did someone even know how to flirt? Was it something she could learn quickly, the teen wondered.

"Perhaps I should mind. After all, I should learn about what would make me smile, yes?" Did that sound strange? Lei wrinkled her nose as she thought, but then shook her head a little as she pushed through a few bushes and found them the quiet sandbar where there was no one else at the moment. In the distance, she could still hear others off around the lake's bend, playing around, music carried on the air, but for the most part there wasn't anyone else. Giving a small smile and nod at having found a good spot, the young woman then stripped off easily, tugging her shirt up over her head and kicking off her runners and shorts until she was in just a light blue bikini. Turning her head to offer a light smile to Travis, she then stepped out into the water slowly, shifting her gaze to the water itself as she waded up to her midsection before then diving under.

The point he'd made had definitely been of a personal view point, not that he couldn't see the benefit of working with others as a means to enhance the success of something. However, no one should have an invitation on the road to hell - a road where the path of revenge could only lead regardless if he'd succeed in it or not? He understood that it'd be a massive change within himself no matter how justified he may have seen the act. It didn't fix anything, it wouldn't bring his Father back, it wouldn't change his situation from being a Werewolf but someone did have to pay and he couldn't trust the Ministry to be any form of true justice. There could only be the brand he'd fixated on his mind since the sight of it all burned into his mind, into his dreams. 

Travis rose a hand up and waved bashfully with a small smirk that touched his lips. "Dawh, shucks. You're giving me way too much credit in that intelligent category! It's much easier when the strain of uncontrolled nature isn't in the lycanthropy that you carry. I had been lucky enough for that."  Chances had been he wouldn't have been even in the focused state of mind to come up with the subtle differences. It, at the very least, had been a discovered way of keeping relaxed and his hands constantly busy when he'd been alone. 

"Girl with the powdery lips says what. . .?" He'd been thrown for a heavy loop as the conversation seemed to descend. Had she been talking about herself? The more that he thought on that particularly outlandish scenario, the more sense it seemed to make in certain areas. Her words on how she'd just recently, 'grew in', the somewhat stumbling way that she seemed to walk as a teenager. He had to admit he considered that perhaps she'd been some form of sheltered innocent and it seemed it hadn't been too far off on that regard. It wasn't. .. Impossible, if what she spoke had been true, Time Magic had been a dangerous concept that heavy regulations had been made across the board and the effects of what it could cause had been unknown. "You used to be. . . A kid, then suddenly had the largest growth spurt in the history of biology. . . " This had been him speaking out to wrap his head around it further. The edges of his nails ran through the strands of his hair in a thoughtful glide. 

As they started to stand up he decided to continue a much more coherent answer. "I didn't know you then, so, really? I'm less biased by that. I've met you as you are, so I won't be able to separate you from that. It does explain. . . So, so much." Such as the fact that she held no thought on how things could get swimming around with a guy in his skivvies, something that he probably didn't need to consider if it'd escalate. "It's a lot to try and get the mind to understand, even with the world filled with magic and its various potential. But nothing that would get me to treat you differently, or, more specifically? Treat you as if you were a kid still. Since, I'm thinking, that's what you're more worried about.

He could understand  the reason, she'd been expected to not only attend Tallygarunga but get involved in the curriculum that she wouldn't have taken yet. She'd be expected to act, study, and succeed as any kind of Teenager would, it only stood to reason that he had to treat her as a young lady growing to be a young woman eventually. "You're fine with me, really.

Travis, had now been at the crossroads, how much did she truly understand or to be more specifically, did she understand how the typical teenager may engage? On some level, many had still been dealing with their raging hormones. Did she hold the same situation? Had they not kicked in yet due to the sudden shift and her body just waiting for it to come to full fruition? "Well, we'll see how you do in a moment and then I'll try to explain.

There it was, the way she carelessly removed her clothing, even if she'd expected to swim he often wondered if she realized there had been eye catching aspects to her physical form. Like clockwork, he gave a smooth inspection from her shoulders, to the curve of her breasts and along her waist, head tilted ever so slightly to see if her rear had started to form in a full nature. He often forgot that many females at his school did have their own development, though his show of enjoyment had to end as he watched Lorelei press her way through to the waters. A soft sigh exhausted from him as he mentally prepared him to start removing the articles of clothing, stripping away his shirt, trousers, socks and sneakers. Leaving the young man in form fitting and shaped briefs that had been designed as if it had been for someone that engaged in aerodynamic sports. This left much of him showing, bulge and all. 

At least, that had been the least of the situation. His body had been well conditioned, not in an athletic build either but much closer to the idea of ancient Grecian Adonis. This definition had only be second in being critical to his physique as the various scars from old to recent littered across his entire body. From shoulders along the bicep and forearms, his entire torso looked as if he'd been used for sword and spear practice with his legs looking as if they've held up any better than what had lined along his arms and shoulders. It seemed only his hands and feet remained unscarred from the years of changing into the ever vicious werewolf. He made his way towards the edge of the water and stared at it for a brief moment before taking steady steps into the cooling liquid. 

"Aaah. . . That's the good stuff. . .

"I am going to get some Wolfsbane, and you will be able to try it out. Imagine how much sharper your senses would be in your changed form. You appear to have a wonderful photographic memory, so could you imagine the pictures you could create from what you capture with your senses then?" There was almost a somewhat peaceful note to her voice, the girl no doubt an appreciator of the arts, even if she 'claimed' that she wasn't so skilled. She knew she could do a lot of things, but those things didn't feel like her thing, which she couldn't really explain well. Still, she could only imagine the kind of beauty that someone with the enhanced senses in their shifted form could create. Perhaps it was a little idyllic, but she did believe there could be something that came from his curse which could show that he didn't have to only live with the suffering it caused.

At least the young man seemed to understand what she had meant when Lorelei explained her own predicament, and she fidgeted with her hands in front of her as they began to walk, while he worked it out in his head whilst also vocalising what she'd already told him. She tilted her head as she watched him almost cautiously, unsure of his entire reaction, until he seemed to confirm that he couldn't treat her any differently than a teenager, since that was how he had met her. A small breath was released and she offered a gentle shy smile to him of appreciation.

"Thank you. It was... something that I did not wish to keep secret for too long. Eventually, the truth would be known, and... well, it simply feels better for me now, that you know... and that you will not treat me any differently. My family, and those who knew me before... they wish that I am still a child, but I have not been a child for a very long time, before my age was accelerated even," Lorelei explained quietly, with a gentle shrug, "It is...a family trait of a sort. Our consciousness is active before we are even born, we experience and remember that which our mothers do, and while some have their memories erased or reset when born, I was one who did not. One who my great Grandmiere and my aunt sought to train somewhat." She explained, though blinked a little and bit her lip before simply nodding. She hadn't mentioned what they were, and he already knew she was definitely not human. To explain how she was... what she was, or how she thought the way she did, was not so bad, was it?

At the water though, the teenager had relaxed, her fingers brushing the surface of the water while she waded in, before she dove, coming back up after a few moments to look back at Travis. With his attention on undressing, she was able to study him, his physique and the scars, though as she did she felt a strange lump form in her stomach and turned her gaze away, diving beneath the water again as she realised that her cheeks her burning slightly. Why would she be blushing? She wasn't unaccustomed to seeing males in their swimming trunks, she had a brother, father, uncles. How was this any different? Still, as she rose back up, she watched him enter the water, and offered a small shy smile.

"It's good yes?" Lorelei asked, before then disappearing under the surface again. She swam quickly along the bottom, toward him, and as she neared the girl pounced from the water in order to attempt to tackle him and dunk the boy beneath the surface. Perhaps if she used her usual antics then she would feel less strange.

"That's . . . An interesting perspective I haven't actually considered." Mostly because it had never been a viable choice. He hadn't forgotten that she offered the Wolfsbane but he did hope that she'd forgotten, a gaze slightly narrowed away from her. "You're about as insistent on things as Cat is." Maybe much less so but the fact that he could relate the two in that they both held a very pushy nature to them. A deal had been struck, however, he agreed to try it for a single cycle to see if that had been something that would be viable for him, if he even felt comfortable taking such an expensive gift in the first place. He still couldn't see it as something so easy to just give to a person, not without expecting some kind of service for it. "It's an idea to try out, someday. Maybe. . . Not in side the cell. I don't think there are anything people would want to see in that.

Some truths, especially depicted by an artist, could be the kind of things that wouldn't be easy to see or understand, to unravel those things. 

There had still been the concept of the difference to get around his head, the inevitable effect that those that knew and had been around her before this sudden change would react quite. . . Negatively to him. He'd been aware of that, not just in age but the fact he'd been a Male and one that had engaged in activities that had been defined as something adult-like. Not to mention he was practically eighteen years old, he'd only been waiting for the 'official' day for that kind of a change. At least the relieved breath of hair that pulsed from her eased the potential tension of the situation, the kind of knowledge that had been given could be attributed to the kind that requires deft steps on eggshells. He could understand the anxiety and uncertainty on telling anyone, even if it would be something eventually found it, it didn't mean they were easy words to say or a concept that could be understood thoroughly. The ladder being where he'd been at, though did it truly matter? She wasn't going to rewind her age, was she? She would most likely continue to grow, regardless of people's feelings behind it. 

"Aaah, no reason to treat you different. Is it something a bit odd? Weird even by magical standards? I'd say definitely. Somethings you can't get around since it isn't done, it just. . . Isn't. But I can't say it's something that would define how I should treat you. It doesn't change your nature or suddenly warp your intent, all that really happened had been a push in natural growth." When Travis viewed it in that manner, it seemed less weird and more just the hiccups of magic. "It isn't like you're a Vampire, that would probably give reason to treat a person slightly different. You know, in the way of protecting oneself a lot better." Or a werewolf, but he figured there'd been enough vocal self-bashing for one evening. "A family trait? Haha, You sound like you're a collection of Fae or something." He hadn't met many of the fair folk of the mounds, but there'd been enough stories and rumors about them that romanticization of their talents occurred. 

Though she said she'd be a 'Child yet not a Child', he could only assume that'd been the route of common sense in different areas. After all, many of the things he brought up as reasons for her to not go through with the swimming idea with him in just his briefs didn't properly click in her mind. Or, at least, hadn't been a developed enough warning to be aware of extended feelings. Maybe that's what it'd been more like, she held knowledge but couldn't yet grasp certain concepts? Either way, he still couldn't really guess what heritage her blood emerged, he settled on the Fairy front, it seemed the more obviously choice in his mind. But it had been a point that, on the surface? Hadn't mattered, it wasn't as if he were going to judge her on it and knowing it wouldn't change the way he saw her or interacted. 

Travis could feel the rays of the sun press against his skin, the heat of the environment could be felt in an entirely different way than when he had the full covering of clothes on. Nature, it felt liberating, a sense of freedom that enveloped in his mind as one of the many reasons he enjoyed the outdoors and everything that it had to offer. He hadn't noticed the blush on her cheeks in time, only considering her diving as way for her to cool off from the bright and humid day. After a brief moment he dived under himself, stayed stationary and then propelled back to the surface, letting the caress of the water have its way in a relaxing wave. His gaze turned back towards her. "It has it's moments, I think. Definitely better than sitting under a watering hose." He grinned slightly. 

He could feel the disturbance of the water below, it'd started to move in rippled waves far away, careening closer and closer to him. Until suddenly the young girl jettisoned out of the water at her attempt to tackle him, eyes widened and his instant reflexes had been to open up his arms and curled them around the girl into a reprisal bear hug. If he'd been going down, she'd be going with him. His body slightly turned to shift the weight for a quicker drop into the water. 

"I am told that I can be quite stubborn," Lorelei smiled lightly with a small cheeky glint in her eye, though her expression sobered as he reminded her of the cells and thought for a moment, "You would have to ensure them ahead of time that you have Wolfsbane, so that they will allow you to remain home. Though they will likely post someone to watch over you and make sure you do take it at the right time, if you have not used it before." The girl nodded, and it appeared she had perhaps at least done a little research of her own. She knew for a fact that even she would not want to be reminded of such a place to be held, where there were many others going through the change as well, all of them wild and caged. It did not feel right, but Lei also knew that she couldn't help all of them. At least not yet. The relief of his acceptance of her story was something that took a great weight off the teen's shoulders, though. The worry that he would see her differently, treat her like a child, or worse... decide he didn't want anything to do with her because she was just too strange. He seemed to have taken it all in stride.

"Well, yes... it really had just been a push in my growth. But I shall not be... de-aging, or anything. This is how I am now, and I shall continue to mature and grow from here on, which is why it becomes a little frustrating that my family are still trying to... shelter me, I suppose. As though I am still a child," The teenager sighed softly. She knew they meant well, that they all still saw the girl that she had been, but how was she to progress and fit in if they tried to hold her back? The whole point of her even going to school, where she felt there was little for her to learn about herself, was to be around others, be a part of the world around her and not above it or separate from it. "We are... something," She murmured, "There may be Fae roots, though." She hadn't really considered it, but it actually seemed somewhat viable the more she did think about it.

Though with them being at the water now, and noticing not only that seeing him almost naked gave her strange feelings, but that he was actually enjoying himself and seemed to be able to relax with her out here, she couldn't help but feel a little happy that he had agreed to come swimming. Even if she had said that they didn't have to, he had still wanted to because he knew that she had wanted to and that struck her as a rather thoughtful act, given his uncertainty about having his scars showing so much.

"Why would you sit under a hose?" The girl blinked at him, but she didn't wait for an answer before she had moved underwater in her attempt to strike. She'd known there was a high chance that he'd be able to follow her movements at least for the most part, but she felt a little triumphant that she had surprised him by the fast 'attack' from her. She'd moved fast enough that she had hoped she could topple a werewolf, though his instinct had kicked in and been her downfall as she was grabbed as well and found herself plunged underwater with him with quite some force. She didn't even notice the strap on her top snap loose, and knew she couldn't fight free if he held her securely, and so she waited until he brought them both up, before she wiped her face with one hand, the other still wrapped over his shoulders, followed by using her free hand to splash at his face, "That was not how it was supposed to go." She exclaimed lightly, before then laughing softly as she wiped her eyes again.

"I'd say on the level of stubbornness? You're up there with felines, that's saying a lot." It could be remarked that being that strength of stubbornness held a special merit of its own, even if it would be something that could grind the gears of the equally stubborn. "Remain home? Uh, T-That wouldn't be a good idea in the slightest." Even if he did have Wolfsbane, it wasn't something someone could notify an entire block about and the sound of the transformation could hardly be called quiet, that was just in the beginning stages before the howl that would follow soon after as if to christen the transformation to its completion. He shook his head lightly. "I'll need to find some kind of light traffic area, less people around. My mother has enough grief she doesn't need more of it when people catch on. I'll think of something if it comes to it." There had to be somewhere in the Bush where people didn't go to 'test their courage' in foolish tests. 

"I mean. . . By the law? You're no adult." Travis decided to offer a brief tease even if it had been true. "But as frustrating as it is, keep in mind, you're probably asking them to accept you as you are now. All they knew until the growth happened had been how you were, they were mentally prepared to deal with those troubles. Now you're in a whole new field of things that they weren't prepared to engage you in yet." There were certain nuances that needed to be known, imparted onto teens that came with the growth of time and slowly engraining certain ideas and beliefs into them. He understood the process from how heavy handed his Mother could be from time to time. "You're trying to learn and understand stuff, to grasp it right? They're probably going through the same thing. By now us Teen's already hit a rebellious stage, a 'do what I want with everything' attitude. Of course. . . Something tells me you already had that attitude, so they'll probably have less to work with there." A sly smirk curved on his lips. 

So, she hadn't been Fae? His head shook lightly and he smiled genuinely. "I think it's best if we stop this line of questioning though. When you start to think about the deeper depths of what you are, you tend to say things in wonderings that give away more than you're allowed or should." He'd been trying to protect whatever grand secret it had been, that her family had kept. "Especially since mumbling under one's breath does nothing for someone like me this close." The tip of his finger deftly slid along the edge of his ear to wiggle it. 

Travis didn't have time to answer, the thought didn't even process through his mind as the sudden speed from Lorelei had already impacted against him, his arms already clutched around her tightly at first to take her down with him but it had slowly shifted. The force they'd been falling with meant they were going right into the water as if several rocks had been weighted on them, the presence of his arms pulling her even closer to protect her from the potential force against the riverbed. Then his feet and legs made a sharp turn after the heel dug deep into the dirt, the inhuman way it had occurred would've snapped a typical persons leg, luckily he didn't have to worry about that - what he did have to worry about had been that briefs weren't made with the maneuver in mind nor with the sheer strength difference between a Werewolf and a Human male that'd been fit in mind. 

If there'd been anyway for sound to actively travel, he would've been able to hear the sound of his briefs being ripped away at the seems from the edges, right at the thighs. Travis then pushed his body fully up to the surface of the water with barely a gasp escaping, head shaking wildly as the strands of damp hair tossed about to flick the droplets of water away. A mischievous grin touched his lips, "It wasn't? Here I thought you were speeding towards me to catch you. We weren't doing water aerobics here?" He started to laugh as she splashed water at him, the slight motion caused him to realize something had been slightly off, why had there been a much softer presence in his down under? 

'Shit, no fabric?! Wait!' His gaze slightly tilted, he could peer through the waters well enough to see he lacked something quite essential and then started to slowly nod before turning his gaze towards Lorelei. "Uhhh. . . Don't freak out, okay?" He'd been afraid of this outcome, he didn't think they'd actually get to the attempting of dunking one another, something he should've considered in hindsight. 

"I do like cats," Lorelei smiled warmly, "We have some at home." The teen offered a light nod, but then considered his words on being at home, lips pursed, "That is fair. I could see if grandfather would be alright with you staying on his property. There is a small cabin across one of the rear paddocks," She tilted her head as she continued to think about it. Seemed like a fairly decent idea, and she could explain to Stuart that she had a friend who was using Wolfsbane for the first time and just needed somewhere to feel safe for the full moon. After all, where could be safer than on the Minister of Magic's property? "There is bushland off the rear of the property, right near the cabin, so you would be able to go there as well," She offered a brilliant smile toward Travis and nodded. The talk of her growth and how she was treated by others caused a mixture of reactions, but ultimately she had to laugh softly at the idea of her rebellious stage, "I am afraid I may have been born with that." She admitted quietly to him, and it was something of a family trait, so no one was really surprised there.

"Ah... yes, alright," The young woman nodded gently at the reminder that by saying some things she was probably still saying a little too much. Not that she seemed to mind too much now that she had told him about her situation already and he was accepting of it. She felt like he could be trusted with knowledge of herself and her family to a degree after that, but also knew that she shouldn't simply go telling people, regardless of whether she felt like she could trust them. She offered a small abashed smile and then shrugged gently, "I am comfortable around you. Especially knowing that you do not think of me differently, even with the knowledge of my... well, growth." She said quietly, before she made her attempt at a sneak move to dunk him... only to find herself being thrown into the water as well, and coming back up feeling as though there was a greater breeze than before.

"No, it was not part of the plan! I was to dunk you!" Lorelei exclaimed, splashing him again before realising that she felt a lot more sensitive when brushing against his chest. She glanced down around the same time as he did, though she didn't notice whatever it was that Travis was looking for. Rather, she realised that she'd lost her own article and her hands and arms moved to cover her chest as her cheeks and ears burned bright red suddenly, the girl looking around the water before she spotted the bikini top floating nearby and grabbed for it, only to see that it hadn't untied, but had snapped. She shook her head at his words, "Not freaking out... I, this was just an accident. And it's not like you haven't said before you have some idea how they are..." She babbled quickly, thinking that Travis was talking about her exposure. It was only after she looked over at him and noticed he was looking for something else that she followed his gaze into the water and then jumped back a little.

"O-oh! That... uh, I guess we forgot some things aren't made for supernatural speed or strength," The girl said, having lowered into the water so that it was neck high, it made covering herself at least a little easier. "Um..." She bit her lip, but despite the embarrassment, there was some hilarity in the situation as well and she couldn't help it as she began giggling softly, before it turned into a full laugh, lasting a short time before she shook her head lightly, "Maybe... we should get dressed. We can do something a bit less destructive for our clothing."

"You know, that doesn't surprise me. You seem like the type that would be into animals, given the whole wilderness adventuring you do." Travis couldn't say he held much of an opinion for cat's, they were often needy and very pushy. Of course, the fact he adopted Cat without her giving any proper input of decline of the offer probably placed them on a good end of things. "Say what now. . .?" A twisted expression shaped on his face, the last thing he needed to be had been on the direct land of not only a high ranking ministry member, but the Minister of Magic himself. "I. . . I don't know if that's even close to a good idea, Lorelei." There had been politics in general, whether the Minister cared or not hadn't been the concern to him but the damaging knowledge that a Werewolf had been harbored could get messy. A grunted chuckle eased out of him as she admitted her rebellious talent. "It sounds like you're following the legacy of the rebel, that means you have people that know that wheel.

There had been a plethora of troubles that had been laid before him, the last thing he needed to add had been her parents or family members banging at his door with their weapons drawn, ready to wipe his mind out. He rather liked the idea of remembering his encounters and not wondering what the last few days that have passed had been like. "I'm comfortable around you too." He would've added more, like the fact if he hadn't been he wouldn't be as close as he'd been with clothing removal or even allowing her to see the depth of his scars. They'd been personal, telling, something like writing permanently etched into his skin that'd tell of a story about struggles. 

He had no idea just how close to personal things would get, however, as not only had his own and only garment been torn but the young teen girl's own bikini bra had been snapped off and away from her. It'd only been when the flesh of her breasts rubbed against his chest that he noticed he'd not been alone on the island of exposure. His eyes catching a full glance at her breasts before she'd covered them up from sight, it'd been the sign that he shouldn't have been looking at them and so his gaze slightly averted away to look around for his briefs. A hand grasped at them as he lifted them up, both sides of it had been torn entirely. "Ahaha.. I. . meant my issue, I didn't realize you dropped into the same bracket until after." It'd been a good thing she moved, the sight of her bare had offered a rocket reaction. "Well, yea, now I have a very good idea. They're much nicer than I had estimated." His words spoken smoothly as he flattered her form, it hadn't been the first time he'd been in the buff with the opposite sex and took it all in an easy stride. 

At least she didn't have to deal with feeling him fully, that would've been much more difficult to explain, he imagined. "That was my fault, I probably should've thought about it ahead of time. It's just also so rare that someone actually attempts to dunk me, though!" There'd been no way he would've been able to actually call that reaction out of her before it had went down, that was for sure. While he watched her sink down further he stayed at waist deep levels, his face turned slightly away to offer her privacy. "You're right, you go on first and I'll follow after. There's uh. . . Something you're probably not really ready to see just yet, hahaha. And I can keep my attentions occupied elsewhere.

Like trying to let the waters keep both heads cooler. But he waited until whenever she'd leave to gather her own things, then follow in a swift movement to gather up his own clothing, swiftly pulling them on and over while trying to avoid any person coming by to catch an eyeful. 

Afterwards, he'd meet back up with Lorelei, having a much less destructive rest of the day - He couldn't afford to rip any further clothing that'd been for sure.