School Status:
Tallygarunga: Term One, VMU: Semester One

House Points

Sturt
Flinders
Spencer
Bourke
pxmBtN.png
An AU non-canon Harry Potter-inspired forum roleplay set in Australia.
THE AUSTRALIAN HOME OF MAGIC

Narragyambie ☆ Junior Dance Instructor, Co-Creator of GeVe Productions★ LilyCat
19 year old Pureblood Fairy ☆ She/Her

It had been a few days, and the anxiety that something wasn't right hadn't left Cassandra. She'd gone by Cate's house, and it looked like her aunt hadn't been there recently. She knew that she didn't always stay there, but surely she did go to check on things. The mailbox was full, and the younger woman took her aunt's mail inside, and then looked around for any kind of clue as to the whereabouts of Caitlin. The older woman's handbag and ID were all sitting in the kitchen... strange. It didn't look like there'd been a struggle, nor that anything was really amiss at all, except for the absence of the other, and while Cass was considering trying to summon Lillian to see whether she knew anything, she felt that she should ask at least one other person first, about what they knew.

So it was that the young woman with the blood red hair stood outside the shop for a moment, something about the place set her on edge. Again, it was something odd, something she felt like she should know, but was barely eluding her. What she did know, however, was that the man who worked here had been dating her aunt. Caitlin thought that Cass didn't know, that she was hiding her secret very well. But Cassandra knew, she knew a lot more than what the older woman thought.

Stepping inside, Cass looked around easily. There was a strange feeling that surrounded the air inside the quaint place, and it didn't just come from the small animals that seemed to poke their heads out before hiding again. She wandered through, a self-conscious hand pulling her top over her belly which had begun showing a slight bump, and looked for the man she knew she would find here. Perhaps he would have some idea, and if he didn't, then at the least he would probably be able to at least help her search for the missing woman. At least, Cassandra hoped so. On the other hand, she was also worried that he might have betrayed the woman, so she wasn't certain how smart it was to take this chance. She supposed she would just have to wait and see.

Narragyambie ☆ Assistant Wandmaker✩ Kaitore
39 year old Pureblood Human ☆ HE/HIM

Dylan had been in one of the backrooms, rummaging through the various materials that had been kept safe and properly stored for the creation of various wands as well as general maintenance of cores and woods to ensure that they wouldn't suffer through the various weather changes. Sensitive materials when left to their own singular devices and it had been much harder worker with his mind wandering. He hadn't seen Caitlin in sometime, in fact, she'd been extremely off and distant ever since she'd suddenly vanished on him one night with no explanation. He couldn't put his finger on what had occurred and it didn't help that the answers to the questions weren't given or at best, avoided through some form of misdirection by the red-haired woman at that time. He had chalked it up to him messing up on something and had thought she needed space or at the very least, sought to distance herself from him due to the sake of her niece. It was something that he understood and had long resolved if that had been her choice then he wouldn't cause more pain in trying to be present in their life. 

While carrying a small decorative case which seemed to be some form of cushion set up for maintaining and developing sophisticated wands the bell of the door would jingle to alert him of someone's presence. "Just one moment." His voice cut through strongly but in an strangely inviting way. A practice art and one that he still hadn't gotten used to sounding like but the job required a degree of person-to-person relations and the last thing he had wanted to do had been to risk his employer losing a potential customer from his own awkwardness. As he stepped into view he affixed the glasses he wore on his face further onto his nose, fake spectacles, of course. If it had worked for Superman than maybe it could give him just a few seconds of his identity being obscured by those that had went searching for him.  

"I apologize for the wait, how may I help you?" It had been instinct, a question proposed in any situation. Once his head lifted to take a more respectful look upon the potential patron his mind halted immediately simply because of who stood before him now. Caitlin's niece, the young woman who they had intended to avoid being seen together to the best of their capabilities. His gaze lowered to the plump belly that prodded against the fabric of her clothing, he'd heard that she had been with child but this had been the first time he actually -saw- the evidence of it. In a fluid moment his words picked up and a small smile made itself known on his face. "Congratulations." He'd spoken it in a way to give the intention that he had no idea, that this red-haired woman before him had been a complete stranger that he saw for the first time in his life. 

"I am Gilliam, Assistant Wandmaker, what can I do for you today? Need a wand fitted? Repaired?" Even as he spouted potential ideas for -why- she could be there his instinct and intuition told him that it'd had been much further from that kind of a need. Coincidences were things that he had stopped believing in long ago which meant this moment had most likely been more intentional than anything else. 

The sound of the man's voice was interesting and Cassandra studied it while she waited in the shop, a strangely eerie by familiar feeling within the air surrounding the place. She'd heard that a fairy owned the place, perhaps that's what that feeling was. whatever it was, it crawled over her skin in an odd way. She gave a small shiver in order to try and shake it off as she waited patiently, until she spied the man arrive and studied his reaction with a great deal of scrutiny. He was very good at hiding what he was thinking or even any surprise that he might have felt, and she had to give him some credit int hat regard, but her brows rose at the congratulations as she glanced down. She wasn't showing that much was she? The sudden self-conscious thought had to be quickly pushed away while she reminded herself it was twins.

"Thanks!" The young woman chirruped easily, but then her features twisted into a knowing smirk as she tilted her head slightly, "But I think we can cut the shit straight up, don't you? I'd rather not waste my time or yours, so let's get this out in the open. You've been seeing my aunt for a long while, and your name's definitely not Gilliam, and I've a sneaking suspicion that you're not only the guy who sent the secret Valentine invite last year, but you might also be someone who's followed her life for quite a long tiem. Any of this right at all? A simply yeah or nah is preferred... your real name would be nice too." Once that was said, she offered a small but brilliant smile to the man, but only for a brief moment before her expression grew entirely serious.

"I haven't heard from Cate in ages, and I don't think she's been home in at least a few weeks. I'm worried. Some... things happened in November, that rattled us as well as some other people," Cass sighed then as she ran a hand through her hair and then gave the man a questioning look, "Do you know or have heard anything about where she might have gone? Or if something's happened?"

Dylan's eye perked upwards, she'd been doing her homework hadn't she? That or had been paying much closer attention to her aunts actions that Caitlin may have initially considered. Though even with her words he showed no physical tell other than a quirked up eyebrow that called attention a measure of amusement. She'd the inquisitive nature of the elder red-head and that had been something he could attribute towards living under her and being raised by her, along with keeping her own unique tabs on the novels written by her. Yes, if he took it in that light, it made even greater sense that she'd be able to find that linked line with ease. "Astute, though not exceedingly thorough if you hadn't unearthed my name." No, his name probably wouldn't have been spoken or labeled. "It'd also be more true to state I had been safeguarding her and your life rather than following them." At least for a short time.  

The edge of his finger ran along the faux glasses as he removed and then placed them onto the counter gingerly. Though should he really gift her a name? His eyes closed, the thought rummaging in his mind. Then he slowly opened them with a personal acknowledgement. "My name is Dylan Connell, the disinherited of the Connell Estate." That had been perhaps the 'easiest' way to state the real estrangement between himself and the lasting vestiges that one could ever call a 'Family'. The more seriously proposed question caused his expression to actually shift in a frowned concern, that didn't sound like Caitlin, not the little time he'd spent with the woman and had gotten to know and understand her on a different level. 

"-You- haven't heard from her? Yes, November. . . She randomly vanished during that time and since then. . ." Things had been odd but the times he seen her had grown seldom until she stopped appearing entirely. "I haven't heard a thing from her, I simply thought she decided to cut ties due to understandable reasons." He had already told her before, if she had suddenly up and left and decided she wanted nothing to do with him that he'd understand. But had that not been the case in this instant? She couldn't have been caught and tracked down by those that followed had she? In a swift motion he leaned down and pulled out a case from under the counter and opened it up. Inside had been a wand, one that had been of Blackthorn wood and beautifully crafted. A clear sign that the designer not only knew how to shape and mold it but also personalized it. 

"There hasn't been much word from the Underworld on movement but if they've learned to conceal themselves better then it is quite possible they may have found her." Fingers curled around the end of the wand as he inspected it to make sure it had been in order, no cracks in the wood or disfunction to the core of the wand. "Stardust, I have something I may need to take care of! Potential emergency." He didn't waste the juvenile question of asking if she could manage the shop herself, she'd been handling it long before he even arrived and would do so long after he turned to dust. "If I don't return make sure you hire someone actually competent, yes?

A gentle tease but his own way of stating a potential goodbye to his good-natured employer. "I'm sure you have questions. We won't sit here and toss them back and forth, you will have to talk and walk." He wasn't even sure where to officially start but he had an idea on how to get an inkling of a lead. "Where was the last time you saw her? Can perhaps use some form of tracking spell if her residual magic is still strong in the last area seen. Enough to follow the breadcrumbs, at the very least."

"I haven't been really researching, just putting pieces together. I did a while ago, actually, but was going to wait for Cate to feel comfortable enough to do the whole introductions thing," The young woman's gaze narrowed a little, even as her lips twitched a fraction as his correction to her assessment of what he'd been doing following them for most of her life, "Still been following around like a creepy shadow, whether to protect us or not. That's still considered stalking." She responded with a strange easiness to her, as though she seemed to be quite aware that she was in no danger from him despite knowing what she did already, "I always knew there was some truth behind the 'Dark Horse' character, but..." Her brows rose, the mention of his actual name causing other names to flash through her mind. And not just names, faces, scenes, people that had stalked and haunted Cate and herself for a number of years. Her aunt thought that she'd been rather unaware of the finer details, but she had been more observant than thought.

"... I didn't realise it was a whole Romeo and Juliet kind of situation," The young woman mused quietly. There was a moment of heavy silence, an even more definite tell that she knew about the family he came from, what they did. However, a slow exhale left her seemingly relaxed and she offered a small shrug, "People can't help who they were born from." She said easily, and moved on to what she felt was the more concerning issue right now. And the fact that he didn't even know anything, nor had heard from her aunt either only caused her fear to grow. She frowned a little in thought while he retrieved a wand that he'd clearly been saving for a very special day, and her lips pursed at the mention of the Underground, what she assumed were the criminals and murderers her aunt often put away.

"I don't know if that could be it... she would have sent some kind of S.O.S. or something," Caitlin wasn't one to be caught unprepared or unaware, that's what made this all the more concerning. Cass knew she would have felt something, if her aunt had been attacked or seized, but there was just... emptiness. As though she wasn't anywhere.

"Hm? Why would I need to hire someone else? You're going to come back, surely," The voice spoke from a door that was suddenly opened, and a small woman with jet tresses and the strangest coloured eyes Cassandra had ever seen stepped out to peer between the two, though as she locked eyes with Cassandra she seemed to stop and stare for a moment. The redhead didn't even have to second guess to know that this woman was without a doubt a similar kind of fae to herself, and not only that but she was incredibly old and powerful. Her presence alone almost made the younger woman want to bolt, except there was something also oddly comforting and familiar about it. Taking a moment to gather herself so that she could speak, Cassandra was beaten to the punch by the apparent owner of the shop, "Hm, is there some trouble, then? I'll help." Easy as that, and no room for argument it seemed, as the shop seemed to pack up the displays on it's own in preparation to close.

"Uh, sure?" Cass blinked, and finally tore her gaze from Stardust, though she was fully aware that she was still being watched, studied. She turned her green eyes onto Dylan, "The last time was at Adele's... But I know she went home after that. So might be best to start there?" She said, as she began to move toward the doorway. She suddenly needed some air, the magic she could feel was almost overwhelming and she wondered how he couldn't sense it. A fae thing, perhaps?

An amused snort pulsed from his lips. What she claimed had been 'stalking', he would identify as hunting. Protecting them had been the goal in order to get to the quarry that needed to be taken care of. "I can assure you that much her book has more of a. . . Fanfare than the full scope of the truth." He was no shadowy Guardian not as the novels seemed to depict him. Though it held an interesting twist to his very presence he couldn't entirely relate to what had been designed or even how far out of hand it had gotten with others. The overactive imagination of mankind had always been the perplexing factor in many things. "But the truth doesn't always sell off the shelves, people needed some other kind of person, I imagine. Publishers. . ." A subtle shrug flowed from his shoulders. 

The term Cassandra seemed to push a soft chuckle from him. Romeo and Juliet wouldn't have been the first thought to even touch his mind as a proper descriptor. Mostly because his reasoning for his traitorous actions hadn't been the sole reason of attraction, no, if only the story had been such a romantic situation. Perhaps it would have made their situation much easier to manage through which it hadn't been easy, not since it all started. "No, they can't. But it doesn't halt the legacy that lays on their shoulders." The edges of his fingers gently closed the case leaving it behind while he rounded the counter and his gaze shifted towards the young woman. "Maybe, but I don't think she'd have shot you the S.O.S. For starters, you're her niece which means chances are you would get more reckless because of it. There is also the situation of your pregnancy, losing children over brash actions is not an easy weight to crawl out of, even with assistance of others.

He hadn't gotten this far by being careless and not considering the various possibilities. Over confidence in one's capabilities and knowledge had always been an exploitable tool and the downfall of many. "If I had expected that I would come back, Star, I wouldn't have stated what I had." This had been his way of trying to set a personal barrier between himself and his employer, a wall that he had intended to never cross when it came to his personal dealings. But it seemed the elder Fae had other plans that contradicted that thought entirely. A soft sigh exhausted from him, he should have expected this, every instinct told him to just leave without even saying a word. This had been the situation with being courteous. "She wasn't giving a choice, Cassandra.

Dylan understood enough about Stardust that when her mind had been settled it was simply that. Arguing with her had been the same idea of arguing with a Cheeto-Skinned President about some wall dealings. "Adele. . . Ah, yes, of course." He'd never met her or even saw her for that matter. Mild details, enough that made her a memorable woman. "This will work to our advantage then, Stardust should be able to do much better in tracking her than I will." It wouldn't be that difficult for someone as seasoned as Stardust to latch on to Caitlin's unique energy, where as with him attempting sorcery well. . . It would take much longer to hammer it down even with his owns kill. The foreign differences left much to calculate and adjust on the fly. 

"Being unaware of the circumstances we'll make careful but expedited steps. We'll make our way to her home by simple travels, I want to avoid disturbing the left over energies as much as possible. Agreed?" This had been primarily because he hadn't known how long ago she'd been home, how recent it truly was. But also if she'd been avoiding him and sensed him? Then he wanted to limit that potential, a surprise ambush of sorts.

"Mhm, but you're not denying there's a hint of truth," There was some amusement in the young woman's expression, she'd had her suspicions for a long time, though was still curious how it was that he'd broken through the shell that her aunt kept tightly wrapped around her. Caitlin wasn't one to trust easily, and the fact that she had been cavorting with this man for so long meant that there as something that she saw in him. "Semantics, and not really important anyway," The redhead waved her hand at his insistence of correcting what role he had played in their lives from the shadows. There were much more important things to worry about, and so long as Cate could be found then Cass could interrogate him at a later time. She tilted her head with a thoughtful pursing of her lips at his seeming decision to hold onto that link to his family when she had already said that she didn't so much consider him the same as them, but then shook her head as he said that she wouldn't have heard something, "Even if it wasn't a message to me, she would have sent something to someone. There's... it's hard to explain, but there was a whole lot of discovery that came about in November, like world shattering kinds of discovery." She ran a hand through her hair. It would be too much to explain right now, they needed to be searching.

"I gathered that much," Cassandra murmured, regarding the show owner who had suddenly decided she was going to help. Did she sense something? Why had she stared at Cassandra so before she had made the announcement? It was quite off-putting to the younger woman, but it seemed that Dylan trusted his boss enough to not argue the point. Or perhaps there was no use in even trying to argue, the tiny woman seemed like she was the kind who would do what she wanted to whether or not others agreed, and that there was likely very little that could stop her.

"Oh yes, it will be quite easy to track her down," Said the Fae woman as she brushed a couple of pygmy puffs of her shoulders and out of her hair, shooing them off into the back of the shop as she appeared to be getting ready for 'business'. "So, a missing person then? And she is fae as well?" The question was asked of Cassandra, who simply nodded, before opening her mouth to correct the assessment and say that she was really more like part fae, but the older - thought younger looking - woman beat her to the punch, "Even if she only had a little Sidhe blood, it will be easy for me, especially since she may be one of mine. Let us go to where she would have been last then. I will be able to follow her footsteps," She stated, before leading the way toward the shop door.

"W-... wait, what do you mean one of yours?" Cassandra asked, blinking rapidly as she tried to keep up with what was going on. She nodded at Dylan's suggestion of taking a more mundane means of travel, but she still wanted to know what Stardust had meant with her words. She had a feeling that she wasn't going to get an answer, at least not in the immediate future, and she leaned a little closer to Dylan, speaking quietly, "How much do you know about her?" She said, before moving to follow the Fae out of the shop. There was an eerie feeling that this was going to result in a whole lot more discovery, which already had her concerned.

A small smile touched his face, even under certainty that someone would know he held back the desire to make the point of, 'Yet here she had been, worrying.' However, shattering discoveries were often a thing to be wary about. It caused his gaze to narrow slightly in thought, should he even been the one involved in this kind of a search? If she had wanted any semblance of him knowing she'd have give even a bit of something and yet there had been nothing. Then his gaze shifted back to the younger red-haired woman and then focused his attention back on the door of the establishment, the least he could do is reunite two family members to hash out whatever issue that may have kept an uncomfortable distance then he could simply slip back to the confinements of the shadows, yes. That seemed to be pliable to the situation. After giving a nod of self resolution his attention had been turned towards Stardust and Cassandra. 

Dylan now wearing a firm yet clearly annoyed smirk. "I've learned that it's best to let her go along with things without a fight. Even all my protests to not keep as many animals as she does falls on the most deaf of ears. I would say selective hearing but it's more along the line of the fact Fae do whatever they like anyways." The handful that he had encountered always seemed to have that one quirk to their traits, along with being the occasional pranksters and tricksters. 

"I've never seen you so serious, Dust." Even Dylan had to admit that it was quite hilarious to see such a stout woman whom had usually been so carefree buckle her mind down to such a extent. He followed her out of the shop holding the door fully open for both of them, trained manners in its finest which had been expected of a man raised in a high class society. "Something I had long considered, Stardust." He didn't need to know her exact age to need a strong hint on how long the woman had been around. Long enough that questions could be proposed and scenarios considered that had been more than reliable. "Nothing." He responded in a low tone towards the girl, aware that they probably would be heard regardless. "She keeps things a tighter secret than even myself. But I would imagine she's been around long before the first contact with another species. The question one should ponder once they've come such a conclusion. . . What truly propelled her to settle in this area.

His steps began to pickup just a bit more as they made their way towards the direction of Caitlin's home, which had incidentally, not been that far from his own. The thought to grab something from there had entered into his mind but he couldn't waste that small bit of time to rummage. 

"She kinda creeps me out, to be honest," Cassandra murmured quietly, almost inaudible, as she watched the small fairy woman close up the store and appear to take charge of the situation as though she was aware of what was going on and it was her duty to fix it. She couldn't place her finger on specifically what it was that bothered her the most. The power she could feel from the other woman was daunting, it almost seemed like it was too much for someone so small and delicate. And yet, it also fit. She did nod a little though to Dylan's observation, Fae did tend to have that defiant and dominant nature about them. Was it something that came from being an ancient race, perhaps?

"Of course, someone needs help. Why wouldn't I take that seriously?" The onyx haired woman glanced at Dylan over her shoulder with a small shrug. She waited for the others to step from the store, before everything locked up without even so much as a wave of her hand, and then the small woman set the pace in the direction of the house... without even asking which way they were going or the address. This alone caused Cassandra to feel even more wary of her, especially when Dylan spoke of his suspicions regarding her. If Stardust really was so old, what was she doing here? And how old could she be?

"She knows exactly where we're going," Cass muttered back to the man, whether Stardust could hear them or not. She wasn't sure if she could trust someone who was so aware, along with the thought that she could probably turn them both into moths or something if she wanted (maybe not, but Cass didn't know what powers the Fae possessed). Rather, she decided to remain quiet for the rest of their walk, thinking about the possibilities of what could have happened to Caitlin, along with the strange feeling she got from Stardust, all the way up until such a time as they reached the large two-storey house.

"She tends to have that effect on individuals." Or more specifically, the few Fae-blooded people who made their way into the shop for one reason or another. But he couldn't deny that the bubbly nature that the woman seemed to hold would perhaps dissuade many people from thinking she's any form of sane when it came down to it. "Over time you either get used to her presence or find yourself trying to avoid her entirely." He'd leave it up to interpretation on which category he personally fall into. Having the Fae woman involved as she had been did peak a higher wonderment, they tend to work on whim especially the longer they stayed in the world and experienced it. 

Dylan, wasn't sure how to take the comment Stardust shot back towards him. While she held a point, if Caitlin had been in some form of trouble, he couldn't help but wonder his employer's true connection. It had been one of the larger issues in dealing with the Fae, their mindset had either been alien or the intentions as illusive as a shadow had been to the rays of light. The fact that the woman didn't seem to need a guide made him even further in suspicion. His gaze never leaving from staring ahead and letting Cass's statement on whom had been leading the way even without ever having been there, or at least, that would be what one would assume if they hadn't been fully privy to the nature of Fae. 

"One excuse, could be that she's sensing the similarity of magic between you and her." He grunted, that didn't sit well with him at all as the actual reason or solution. Skepticism threaded in his mind on how convenient everything seemed to truly be. "But it would be a fool who would take that excuse." Even though he muttered the first couple of sentences to Cassandra, the following had been intentionally elevated. "Unless, my dear Boss, is harboring the secret that she is some how a Scion of your line in someway." That had been the conclusion that the older man had drawn, the parallel that would seem the most unorthodox, the most unlikely. "Or at the very least, related with a hand in it. Would that be the closer hypothesis?

He knew nothing of the woman, history or connections, sire's that may have been bred from the years spent amongst people or her own kind. With such a depth of the unknown, the reach for any grain of truth would almost always seem like a massive leap. His own? Had been a leap towards a grain the size of the Grand Canyon. "If that is the case then I would say she knows because she's been watching both you and your Aunt. Perhaps as a Guardian or maybe curious on the feeling.

Sign in to follow this