School Status:
Tallygarunga: Term One, VMU: Summer Break

House Points

Sturt
Flinders
Spencer
Bourke
pxmBtN.png
An AU non-canon Harry Potter-inspired forum roleplay set in Australia.

Adoptable Spotlight

THE AUSTRALIAN HOME OF MAGIC

Sturt ☆ Junior RangerJazZay
17 year old Halfblood Human ☆ They/Them

The night sky was sprinkled with constellations that squeezed the bright balls of Venus and Jupiter between Scorpius and Ophiuchus on the Southeast horizon. Only the occasional wispy cloud passed over the view as a fresh breeze blew through the busy streets and brightly lit shops of  Tallygarunga road.

Among those walking along the road, was Noxolo Ntonni, completely barefoot and looking like they had just gotten out of bed. Their long, dark locs hung down their baggy, color-block hoodie, which hid any and all curves above their thighs, and they wore of pair of baggy shorts that stopped just below their knees—a wardrobe that should probably draw a few stares at this time of night.

But no one ever looked their way.

After all, this place wasn't quite what it seemed and Nox just came here to relax and think.

Eventually, the barefoot wix dragged and drummed their fingers along a brick wall, which rang out with the chipper chimes of a steel drum before flipping into an aerial aú and landing on a nearby bench with the deep gong of a hang drum.

If anyone here was actually becoming aware of Nox's nonsense, the capoeirista certainly hadn't noticed yet. So the capoeirista just turned to face the Southeastern horizon and then tilted their head onto their right shoulder—as if that was the proper way to view the sky—as they decided whether or not they should keep goofing around or do something productive.

Spencer ☆ Guitarist/Vocalist - Local School Hero!✩ Kaitore
19 year old Halfbreed Sorceraic ☆ HE/HIM

The idea of sleeping had of recent lost its meaning to Alexander, finding that he no longer had the need for it as much as others did though he was still able to do so and even able to place himself in a more meditative state with enough of a push. Where he landed could never be determined for certain and by nature he wasn't any form of expert on the process of 'Dream Walking'. It'd been in trying to understand this particular phenomenon that he'd hoped it'd lead to some form of answers or at the very least the connection between the mind, spirit, and physical form of a person. It mean that he needed to understand the concept of the mind first and the dreams that they anchored to. What inspired these grandiose dreamscapes? How aware had people been on what has been created and even to the extent if they've done so of their own volition or if it had been more of a subconscious response .

He hadn't been prepared for what he'd stepped into or rather, had been flung into. It'd been the Tallygarunga Road strip and yet it had seemed almost out of place to him. Luminescent violet eyes scanned along the various buildings and the people that had walked along the side walk casually. Even the shops themselves seemed to be bright and inviting in their own unique way. "Huh. . . Not what I expected at all." The palm of his hand embraced his neck as he rubbed it in interest and in equal levels bewilderment on the sight. The curiosity that had been developed only grew as the largest oddity came into play which hadn't been just the constellations that danced in the sky but also the individual that had been the most active of the bustling forms. 

Alex followed along watching and taking in the motions made because of the rhythmic nature that had come about the motions. The sound of drums resounded in his ears and he let a soft hum release adding in a subtle tempo through the vibrating rhythm to accompany the sounds that had thumped from Nox's fingers against the brick wall and then halted as the sound of a more finalized thump echoed through the air. His hand reached out and the fingers trailed within the air almost as if he could feel a physical nature to the notes, one of the few ways he used to commit the sound of various instruments and their tunes to memory. 

This time, out of all the times that this situation had occurred for him, he'd encountered a true blue person. Maybe they had been much more aware of this plane than the other people held? It hadn't been out of reason that he may have skimmed over them due to the lack of self-awareness in ones own dreams. It prompted him to move towards the bench and  walk in a semi circle around it to look towards the constellation and mimicking the persons own tilted motion. "Hmmmm! Nope, this is just making my neck hurt just a tad bit much!" He chuckled light heartedly and then turned around with his bright violet eyes pinned on the individual that stood on the bench. "Makes me wonder though, what do you see exactly? Do you see just a series of stars or are you one of those people that can see something a bit more? Like notes or sounds?

A question derived from the fact that the impacting physical touches against the environment that had been made by them seemed to harbor some form of noise, the sound of drums. "That and to add I didn't think I'd just stroll onto Tally Road in someone's mind-place. Usually it's so much more vague or. . . Different? Yea, different, like snowcapped mountains or some kind of underwater city."

Nox barely tilted their head back up as their eyes darted over to the source of the voice, which happened to be an unfamiliar person with oddly colored eyes. Rather than respond right away they just slowly blinked.

As this person continued talking to them, Nox closed their eyes, focusing on how to get the dream back on track… only to sense that this person wasn't part of their dream.

They were visiting.

Thick lips mouthed out an 'oh' as Nox resettled their hazel gaze on the newcomer. It wasn't strange to get a visitor every once and a while, but usually those were people were familiar or people trying to wake them up, so this was a little new for the wix.

Nox fully raised their head back up and let a small grin crawl over their lips, "Well, what's different to you sounds like any 'ole stroll to me…" they gave a shrug and stuffed their hands into their short pockets, before arching a brow and adding a mumbled "Except 'dat snow t'ing."

"But no," came their amiable lilt, "I don' see anyt'ing special." Not that using dream magic to learn to adjust their eyesight or change it was a new concept for the shapeshifter, but that wasn't on Nox's agenda for the night. "Was trying to mek it look like an Australian sky, so yuh either goin' to need to tilt it or yuh head—I picked 'di easier option."

The dark-haired wix then walked to one end of the bench as they continued regarding their visitor, "If I was expectin' company maybe I'd of shown off." Then they hopped off the bench and onto the sidewalk, where their impact  smoothed the pavement into a round window looking down at a busy coral reef that wound itself into a dark trench.

Without missing a beat, Nox casually un-pocketed a hand gestured it towards their guest, "Who're you to come crash mi dream, anyway?"

Alex nodded gently a few times with an insightful hum. "Hehehe, You have a point there. Perception is an interesting thing, am I right? What's normal every day to you is well..." Mind blowing to him on some scale. "See, I was thinking that too with the snow bit when I first saw it." Or rather felt the chill of it. A visible shiver ran through him as he gave a gentle sigh from the memory of his Father's homeland it'd been such a cold, cold place. Far too much that it made him question the sanity of people that dreamed of being in the snowy mountains or anything in relation. "But I guess they could be pretty beautiful. Veeeery far away and from a safe, heated yet watchful distance!

"You picked the easier option?" From what he could gather it meant that they'd created it themselves on purpose. Not an impossible feat but it had been rare for him to come across a person with such control and focus on the details. Eyes scanned the area once more in light of this revelation as he took in the environment with a deeper acuity. Numerous people flooding the walkways, lights donned up on the shops that lined along the strip, then his eyes took in Jupiter and Venus and the lit up constellations that had seemed almost brighter to him the longer he stared. "That's pretty impressive. Doing all of this, I mean. I don't think I've come across anyone that could or if they could they've never told me! Haha." It had made him wonder if any of his own family held this form of talent or had it been something out of their depth?

"HA! Yea, I get that. I don't think I could avoid the urge showing off myself if someone came traipsing around while I'm doing my thing. Makes it almost impossible to -not- show off." He chuckled lightly for a moment. Then his expression shifted into one of great intrigue while he walked over towards the newly formed port of the dreamscape. A window, in which when he peered down into it showed a coral reef that had a myriad of activity going about it which caused him to lean down and inspect it with his eye even further as a hand embraced the window gently. "That's amazing. . . Don't often get to see these kind of things. By often I mean never." Another chuckle rumbled in his throat.

His attention had been stirred to looked towards them after seeing the nearby moment and the gesturing hand pressed towards him. "Okay, fair question! And~ fair statement since it was definitely much more a 'crash' than an intention plop." Alex stood up and slide the palm of his hand along his clothing smoothing out any imagined wrinkles then held the hand out in greeting. "Alexander or Alex, as most people call me. Cause you can call me a clumsy non-dreamer! These days I tend to get a bit bored during the sleepy-times. And stumbling into dreams has been a more recent uh. . . Discovery. I'm still trying to move my way around these kinds of things, hoping for a better understanding."

A gentle shrug flowed from his shoulders and his smile grew bright. "That and I like to enjoy the expansive creativity of others! It's always been a guilty pleasure of mines. Seeing the different ways people create and design, toss themselves into the Arts kind of deal." Another cursory look had been offered to the area with arms extended out to showcase the entire scape. "And this is an art of the soul if I've ever saw one.

Nox nodded in agreement with the newcomer's thoughts on snowy nonsense, but they also sensed the chilly memories that could give form to something substantial if one had the focus. Thank the powers that be the this person didn't—at least for now.

As the other continued to express their amazement, Nox was more than a little flattered, but it didn't show beyond their welcoming demeanor. This dream was pretty low-key as far as focus and creativity were concerned, so Nox didn't feel like the compliments and amazement were really earned.

With Alex's introduction, Nox's smile pulled into a wider grin as they gripped the offered hand, "Well, if somebody got all of 'di time and personal space, 'dem may not bother wit' it since it can get dangerous." They then shook Alex's hand and added, "Noxolo—Nox for short."

Then they let go of Alex's hand, and, with the threat of a laugh bubbling im their throat, added, "So let me get 'dis straight... Yuh wandered here cus sleep is boring and you're a clutz?"

Alex then began to throw around an overwhelmingly embarassing amount of praise about art and Nox's dreamscape to where they couldn't help their voice softening into a sincere tone, "Thanks…" but the Jamaican quickly recovered their playful lilt to pivot back to the original excuse, "…but yuh never goin' to live down 'di boring clutz t'ing."

"Anyway, let's go." And on Nox's word the people on the street had all gone along with all shops' lights—save for the one closest to them, where warm and cool lights lit up the shop windows.

"So 'dis place is just some spring cleaning," Nox gestured around Tallygarunga Road, "where when you let your brain sleeps it reorganizes everyt'ing—feelings, memories, experiences, and perception of 'di world—however it feels like." Nox then walked over to the shop door and held it open for Alex, "But in here's where I sit' 'round, sometimes wit' company, and do what I feel like."

The door opened up into a viney, water-filled cavern lit up with warm lamps, the glow of underwater windows,  and a massive and taut web-like hammock for the floor. Channels of shelves wound around the walls and were stuffed with Nox's favorite (majority mystery) novels, textbooks and magical manuals or do-it-yourself books. The cavern shelves climbed up towards a leafy canpoy of hanging finger limes, cacao pods and newly budded bush tucker that Nox was still learning about. But the well worn areas of the cave hung  off of corners, niches, and cave columns  like actual hammocks: tabletops with their centers cutout and replaced with large, looser hammocks, as if they were some kinda hanging lounge desks. And the table surfaces were littered with pillows, books, drums, berimbaus, and random things around that had been charmed or transfigured.

Nox gestured around the space and looked back at Alex, "I'm usually scheming and practicing t'ings here."

Alexander's eyes squinted - had it gotten unusually chilly for just a moment? His eyes widened and quickly he shut that thought even so swiftly behind a door. He'd nearly forgotten, his predicament had been much different. Wizards, they tended to use Willpower amongst other notions to weave their realities and shape probability. He and those like him on the other hand. . . It had only been pure will and desire alone that could cause tumultuous effects. That'd bring along way too many questions and his hand rose up lightly and a smile pressed almost in a goofy fashion. "Woah, hehe, sorry there! Can't go off letting that chill actually end up here. We'll have a no-cold-zone.

He offered a soft laughter and a firm handshake had been returned. "Well, Nox, I'm no stranger to dangerous. I find I have this kind of insatiable desire to go on adventures and stuff. Means I'll have to come across the 'danger' part which, I mean, I bet that's what makes it fun." There hadn't been the chance before in his life to explore in the way that he wanted, but now? Nothing had been truly holding him back. Well, almost nothing at the moment, but eventually he'd be truly free to extend to his full nature. 

Maybe he'd been lathering that praise on strongly but he couldn't help the instinctual pull that came with seeing a persons work and evaluating it in his own gaze. He hadn't been extremely on board like this before which meant that something had changed about him, a process that seemed subtle but much more obvious now. "Hey, I resemble that remark." A smile tugged in good-natured jest. "I guess it'd be more accurate to say I need less sleep and got bored because of it. But the clutz part? Totally true." Even now he couldn't actively state he had been 'sleeping' as much as he'd been 'Meditating'. 

A thumbs up formed as his response towards their gratitude and then slowly lowered in comedic manner with his head slowly tilting. "Boring klutz is going to be my new moniker with you isn't it? Well, I guess it is better than a klutzily bore." His knack for turning most things into a optimistic positive had started to kick in in a smooth stride. 

There had been no attempt to question what had been meant by 'Go', though he'd gotten the hint as the street suddenly cleared, shops shut down and activity halted except for the most noticeable and lit up storefront on the strip. It seemed like a pretty obvious idea on the destination from this point. Eyes averted around the area as a whole, taking in the explanation of It being 'Spring Cleaning'. "You just go around cleaning up all that mess? That's some dedication or you maybe more bored than I was." He chuckled and gave a flourished bow before walking into the shop. 

"I can see why. . . This place is practically a secret hideout, something some storied Wizard would have just to escape being social." Most thought of towers, he thought of caves that had been somewhat designed like the one before his eyes. If only a bit more like an underground atelier. But here, it looked as if someone had taken tips out of the 'Sailor Magician's Guide to Home Improvement'. It had been unique and he found a fondness for the design. "And what exactly do you scheme here? You don't go around holding the largest tome, laughing manically and screaming, 'I SHALL TAKE OVER THE WORLD!' Do you?" 

On Alex's opinion of danger, Nox didn't necessarily disagree, but, where various levels of danger and adventure were their norm, they found fun despite the danger, not because of it. But, having just met Alex, maybe 'no stranger to dangerous' had more weight to it than Nox knew. Besides, better a green dream magic-user wander here than the mind of someone shady and well-versed in magically screwing with others' heads.

When Alex alluded to a change in their life, or at least sleeping needs, brought about their tendency to wander, Nox hummed and then gave a satisfied smile when their guest good-naturedly accepted their nickname.

But Nox also filed 'klutzily bore' away for later use.

But when the topic of why they were doing some 'spring cleaning' was broached, Nox didn't let their good mood waiver. Instead, they just chuckled out a, "Maybe," and continued to hold the door open until Alex walked through. Then Nox let the door quietly fall shut behind them both, letting the lingering anxieties and homesickness, that shaped the dreamscape outside, fade into the underwater windows that matched the rest of their 'secret hideout'.

"'Cuse mi!" With feigned offence raising their tone, Nox walked past Alex onto the taut, hammock floor. "One—I'm very social. And two—do I look like a textbook villain or somebody who rolled out of bed?" Nox then hopped up and laid down on one of the suspended tabletops, busy with books, and twirled a hand to gesture to themselves and their baggy pajamas.

"But nah. Lately I'm just workin' on stuff fi mi job or school." Nox held up a book on transfiguration laws and theories, "Nuttin' real exciting… at least tonight." They set the book back down as a sly grin cut across their lips.

He wandered around the area slowly, taking in the environment much like a new babe exploring for the first time outside of their crib. Each experienced had been so crisp and a reminder of the things that he'd been missing out on for so long in his life. A small smile creased along his lips. 'To think, only a few short months ago, something like this would be entirely impossible for me. . .' It had been an uplifting thought that resounded in his own mind as a beacon of change and optimism. A renewed love for life and the many secrets that it held to be unleashed and he had nothing but a sweet and eternal time to unravel it. 

Finally he turned back towards Nox and her chuckle brought a smile to his lips. Eyes concentrated on giving them fair attention in their own domain. "Maybe, huh?" The smile dimmed slightly almost as if he'd expected that it'd been something much more personal. Which, now that he thought of it, made sense and had been more than unfair of him to prod about. Not only had there been an audacity to just tumble in on her personal musing and time in her own dream but to even inquire about the reasoning behind the 'cleanings'. His hand rose up and waved dismissively. "Hopefully, I didn't disturb you too much from that cleaning. I would offer a vacuum but I don't think that would work too well. Maybe the good ol' broom and dustpan. Oh! And maybe a duster in general. I hear there are some pretty bad cobwebs in the headspace.

Alex's eyebrow arched upwards as the protest had been raised and his hand rose up to cover his mouth to try and hide the somewhat amused smile that had started to form, a laughter stifled from bubbling up. "Okay, I can give you social. I will one-hundred and seventy-five percent hand that to you! But textbook villain? Hm..." Arms crossed as he started to walk around them inspecting from head to toe then casted his gaze towards their personal working space, their 'Atelier' of sorts, as it seemed to fit the thought the longer he dwelled on it. "Maybe not on your Morgana against Merlin status but. . . Maybe something like her apprentice trying to find Peter Pan? You don't have some kind of croc around here, do you?" A playful jest laced in his tone. 

"The 'Up in the Air' tables don't really help the case either." He nodded gently and looked towards the book that had been displayed. "None of what you were doing seemed exciting to you? Sounds like I need to roll on by when you're actually doing something fun and crazy then." A hand ran through his hair while he tipped toed around the hammock floor just to feel the presence of it press against the soles of his feet. "School? What school are you in? Can't be Tally, I mean, unless you're transferring there or something this year."

Nox watched with interest as their company slowly marveled at their little hideaway, though, when Alex turned back towards them and watched their face closely—even though Nox knew their expression was unchanged—before going on about cleaning, they raised a confused brow. But at the mention of cleaning, the wix's smile slowly grew, cutting into a wicked grin as their gravelly lilt dipped into a rumbling timbre, "Oh, but I like webs." And then they turned away.

Though—if anyone looked close enough at some shadowy, stray corner—there were plenty of golden cobwebs hinting at another visitor.

As Alex's inspection began Nox rolled onto their back, folding their arms behind their head and crossing their legs over each other, as if they'd laid back from just sitting. But their composure faltered when Alex asked about a croc.

A loud laugh bubbled up from their throat, "Got 'di wrong Ntonni for 'di croc t'ing." Then bobbed their top foot up and down for a moment, "'Dem might turn up in here one day though… dunno. But yeah, s'all normal to me."

Nox swung their legs over the tabletop and sat at the edge as they  grunted, "7th year Sturt transfer—I hail from a school 'round 'di Caribbean."

The raven-haired wix then raised up their hand at an angle, as if to gesture at something, but then just held it there, "We was always doin' a nomadic t'ing..." Then, with a twist of their wrist, they then cut their hand through the air over their head and chopped their way down, "We can set up anywhere—Rainforest tops, canopy, understory and floor…." Green lines appeared in the air they cut until they got to tabletop level—then the lines turned blue, "Ocean sunlight, twilight and midnight zones, et cetera…" After bending so low, Nox intertwined their hands and stretched their arms towards the ceiling.

"But, as yuh can see, I'm partial to blue holes or cenotes," they let their arms swing apart and fall to their sides as their voice dipped into their own awestruck lilt, "Yuh never know where 'dem go or what 'dem hide."

Alex's otherworldly eyes cased the area once more, finding the sparkled hues of golden webs tucked away in corners and well hidden. Something that one didn't think could be missed so easily. A grin touched his lips and a nod followed suit. "Touché on that one, touché." Maybe this had been their own interpretation of a 'Golden Geese'? Just more of a 'Golden Tarantula', it would be a killing on the market that much had been sure in his own mind. 

It seemed he managed to score a critical hit in breaking the façade that had been placed up by Nox! SCORE! He mentally patted himself on the back for it, opting to not look weird actually doing it. "If they turn up, let me know before hand. You know, kind of like a large bright sign turned towards the sky. 'CROCS LANDED, WE'RE INVADED, KEEP YOUR PANTS JAW FREE'. Hrm. . . Might be a bit too long to read while crashing downwards." Lips pursed into an amused smile at the thought, not that he'd been in a position to really care about the kind of outcome that would happen if he met some toothy fiend that wanted succulent A-Flesh. 

"Carribean? Exotic. But a transfer student. . . I know that tale well! Sort of, maybe not in that I was in another place rather just another school." The Greyeheme days, not the best of days. A hand ran through his hair. "Seventh year myself but Spencer House. Going into my second year at the school so, I'm pretty fresh and new to it still a bit." Even if he found himself easily comfortable behind its walls as if he'd been there for all of the important years. 

Nomads, A kind of lifestyle that he hadn't come across. The thought caused him to hum lightly and his head tilted towards the side slightly. "That must mean you've probably seen a wealth of things and experiences in just a short time. . . That's pretty impressive." Maybe it didn't seem that impressive to someone that had lived it, to a person that probably knew others of their own age and even younger that followed the same steps and culture of it. "Can't say I have had the option to see that much of things, haha.  But I can see the appeal of it." His eyes followed the lines as their colors shifted in unison with the speaker. Almost as if he were in some form of museum that had been moving along with a brief demonstration. 

"Cenotes and starry skies. Can't forget the starry skies, just isn't fair to them." Alexander's hands pressed into his pockets while he offered an amused laughter. There had been an obvious passion with the way that Nox had spoken. "In a world where you know Magic and other things exist, probably safe to say there are a lot of places around that can fit them. Of course. . . I don't think I want to turn a corner and find some kind of Sphinx hanging around. That's just a messy thing to find hiding."