School Status:
Tallygarunga: Term One, VMU: Summer Break

House Points

Sturt
Flinders
Spencer
Bourke
pxmBtN.png
An AU non-canon Harry Potter-inspired forum roleplay set in Australia.

Adoptable Spotlight

THE AUSTRALIAN HOME OF MAGIC

Players Guest

Noxolo "Nox" NtonniJunior Ranger | 7th Year | Sturt | Halfblood | Human | They/Them | Narrie Resident | Class Enrollments

Nox is an Afro-Taino West Indian wix or "bru" (bruxos/as brujo/as) who grew up in semi-nomadic and nomadic lifestyle that took them all over the Circum-Caribbean. Wanting more socioeconomic mobility and more knowledge about the marine ecology of Oceania, they tried to apply to some Australian magical schools but, after being met with rejection or disappointment, they linked up with some aboriginal people and managed to arrange a homestay where they learned the songlines of the Great Barrier Reef in exchange for working as a junior ranger with the GBRMPA (Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Association) under the tutelage of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Traditional Owner ranger groups. Once they got the opportunity to study at Tallygarunga, Nox quickly moved their life down to Narragyambie, where they've got plenty of new things to learn and experience.

Connections, Plots, & Thread Ideas

General Connections, Plots, and Thread Ideas

Possible Connections & Plots:

• Narragyambie Homestay Family: I left this open for other player's character or npc's, in case anyone's interested
  • Frequent Visits to Tullaray Theatre: Nox would probably enjoy going here (even though I have no idea what movies are showing, but they probably won't care)
  • Somewhere or Someone to help them stay in shape/build up endurance: They usually stay in shape by practicing martial arts, mostly capoeira (because they also get to dance at the same time) but they also know Brazillian Jiu-Jitsu and juego de maní, so  could pick up on something else. Might go for a gym or dojo, or just a general exercise buddy.
  • Practice more with a wand: since they're more accustomed to casting magic with music, dance or a machete, could have someone to practice wandwork with, or tutor them
  • Someone to help them with written assignments, or someone to do assignments with because sitting around for long times to construct long essays about things they could just do or talk about drives them nuts.
  • Dream/Mind Magic shenanigans: They use them to study, relax or relive experiences of creatures they've been able to get memories to get a feel for shapeshifting shenanigans. Someone could accidentally have a collective dream with them or get overly preoccupied with why they say they're going to "study" and then promptly go and take a nap.
  • Pranks/Parties/Goofing around: Even though they've got a lot on their plate, they always love a good prank and some time to party or goof around

Current & Recent Timeline Events/Activities

• Learning way around Tally or Narrie
  • Getting school supplies
  • Running into them doing junior ranger things just about anywhere (Narrie Lakes, Victoria coast, the bush, etc...)
  • Finding local libraries, good reading spots, or if VMU has a digital library that Tally students could access they could be accessing that (or learn about it from someone else and then love that person forever)
  • Running into them doing junior ranger things on North Queensland coast before they moved/got accepted into Tallygarunga. There's a map of ranger groups on this page (alternatively, since this is a fictional setting, you could just be vague about the location and number of ranger groups like I am, haha.)

Romance

Nox isn't actively looking for anything romantic, but they enjoy teasing and flirting like a goofy, awkward dork, and will go for it if there's chemistry and  interests on both sides. They can easily become an on again and off again thing as they aren't very clingy and aren't very monogamous. They can be affectionate and doting though, if a partner is interested in that.

★ Admin ☆ Tinkerer of Things That Shouldn't Be Tinkered★ Sadrienne
Muggleborn Human ☆ She/Her

Currently I have two students, Aiden and Lauren.

Aiden Longhurst is a quiet boy who needs more friends. Especially people who will encourage him to do things that are against rules, and not compulsively studying. Mostly he lurks around the school, though his guardians are his elder half-brother and his partner who live in Narrie. It's very possible that Nox's homestay is with the Longhursts. They're a complicated family, but they make it work. Adam Longhurst is almost insufferably positive and outdoorsy. Aiden is also trying to figure out himself in many ways, he needs to keep breaking out of his shell and start living his own life.

Lauren Burdett is... the worst. She's the daughter of the headmaster and the librarian, she believes that being a Burdett means she has some sort of power above the other students, and is at a point in her life where she needs to learn to be a decent human being. She's often aggressively wrong about things and won't listen to reason. She's also in Sturt and is definitely up for causing trouble. 

✩ Moddies ✩ Kaitore

The current students I have (Excluding the one that has recently graduated from Tally.) 

Alexander Winfield - Recently appeared in Tallygarunga in 2018 as a Spencer and has made it a personal habit to make a splash in various arenas. (On the bad end, he'd been known for magical Hiccups that couldn't be explained.) On another, He's considered extremely studious to make up for the apparent lack of accuracy in magical potential in the past. Being a 'Spencer's Spencer' in terms of partying, usually you can find him linked to one or even sponsoring it some how and always gung-ho to hit the scene if it means connecting with more people and just living it up. Pranks aren't far from his purview either and a few have been low-key for the most part as the bigger ones tended to fall out of his control. He also holds a extremely acute Sixth Sense, so wading through dreams with awareness is a plausible step forward. He's also a Musician, something that he tends to push and make known to gain more fans, support, and venues that he could play at. 

Travis Franklin - Has been around Tallygarunga since his first year and knows his way around a lot of things. While his trust is never easily won by any means, there still seems to be a need to socialize and connect with people. (Unknowingly to many, it's because of his Werewolf nature that it's a heavy requirement for the guy to stay sane even in his Human form.) He often can be seen doing a few things: Sitting around and sketching, Flirting with some poor (Or happy? Depends on the person!) gal as it tends to be one of his ways to relate to another person, and for the extremely rare few they can find him out in the Bush working out or rather entertaining his need for constantly being active. It could be someone who does general exercising as he doesn't follow any formal martial arts. 

Senan Connell - This one is the mystery meat package. He's arriving in Tally at the sixth year during 2019 semester and isn't from any typical background. He's seen the ups and downs of different beings and the extent of desperation and vindictiveness from his household. Bundle that up with his training and you have a closed off Half-Fae who refuses to give people an easy way in to understand the deeper depths. As a well trained duelist (Though without the formal etiquette schools usually enforce) he could be one of the few to assist in their use of a wand as well as the assistance transition for wandless if that's the kind of challenge they're into taking up. While he doesn't have any monopoly in a specific academical study, he's opened to studying and getting through essay's if only to sell his cover more that he's just an 'Ordinary Student'. 

Larger World 

Tyson McKennis - Just graduating Tallygarunga, Tyson lives the hard life of being isolated from his parents due to the fact that he is a Wizard. Something that they've never approved of in their own expanded family and almost like a black mark to be cast off when it'd been shown he had that 'Spark' that Muggleborn's do. Due to his raising and need to prove himself as worth more than what his parents made him out to be he took up the ideal that Discipline and focus was the path to success and applying oneself to an art helped to define a better view of self appreciation. This led him to take up Muay Thai while in his younger years at Tallygarunga, training himself hard and harshly until the point of pure exhaustion and passing out. He eventually worked himself up to being an Instructor at a Dojo in the Muggle realm (Though the people he works for are aware of Magic and have Children that also are Muggleborn.) If a person is looking to get into learning a new martial arts discipline or just to exercise like an addict looking to keep in shape? Tyson is always the guy more than willing to hop on that kind of a train. 

Players Guest

Sadrienne

Lauren: sounds like Nox and Lauren might indirectly cook up some trouble by butting heads. I could see Nox playing a few jokes on her if she refuses to listen to them or respect their space/business.

Aiden: Outdoorsy-ness and insufferable positive-ness are things Nox can vibe with, (maybe smaller doses for the latter thing though) so I think they'd enjoy staying with the Longhursts and it would give Aiden and Nox a chance to interact more often and maybe be some sort of influence that would let Aiden break out of his shell.

I dunno what you prefer to do OOC/IC so we could hash out why Longhursts decided to host Nox and how they learned about each other out of character or in a thread? And also figure out when Nox and Aiden would run into each other.

Kaitore
Senan: Since they're both new Sturts, I can see Nox gravitating to Senan, even if he doesn't open up and just uses Nox as a way to do the "ordinary student thing"–Nox would just be happy to have a writing assignment buddy and someone to help them with wandwork and they'd definitely love try wandless magic. They share three classes (Charms, Transfiguration, and Dead and Magical Languages), but Nox is also doing Wandless Magic as a class so there'd be some overlap there.

Alex: Am all for Alex developing sixth sense by dream crashing. Would be funny if they met in a dream first and then ran into each other at school haha. Could become party/pranking cohorts/buddies from there. Nox mostly uses music for fun, to dance to or to cast magic with, so they'd probably enjoy getting to know other musicians at Tally. They are also taking Musiciary, so if Alex is still taking that then plot music stuff can happen there.

Travis: I feel like Travis is someone Nox could end up running into just about between school and out in Narrie bush/environment working as a junior ranger. Could be a running gag or Nox could end up dragging Travis along with them if he's helpful.

Tyson: He sounds like the perfect training/workout partner, to start out. Nox might want to learn something or other about Muay Thai later if they get more interested in it or get to watch Tyson in action.

I love to run things IC, so we could have the family picking Nox up and bringing them home? 

Also yes, I definitely need more conflict for Lauren. She's so awful it's great.

✩ Moddies ✩ Kaitore

@Zay 

Senan-Nox: Then I can definitely see the academical struggle when things pop up. And with those three classes they can expand beyond the schools grounds to investigate. That or test on things for Charms and Transfiguration, Dead and Magical Languages would be one of those things that could spark an adventure of discovery with other creatures that aren't normally seen from the Tallygarunga grounds. 

Alex-Nox: Ahahahaha, I think that's be a pretty amusing thing to occur! I'm down for that being their first encounter, some kind of elaborately odd or unique Dreamscape that makes it seem like a dream but oddly not. Oh, He's taking Musiciary until he dies. (Or until he finished school. Whichever hits first. XD!) Music is practically his life and he's nearly obsessively into it. Even started a small studio for playing and producing with his Wife, he's an odd little duckling. 

Travis-Nox: Bwahahaha, He'd definitely be a help in a few situations. Because of his Lycanthropy he's in a very interesting situation that just being out in the bush would be a relaxing bout. Even in his Human form he's got an acute connection to the wildlife on a social aspect. And I can definitely see the guy being dragged off as a running gag, so we can set that in motion too!

Tyson-Nox: I, ironically, did plan on having a thread at some point connecting Tyson to a recent tournament that would have been opened for the public to see outside in as some kind of fundraising effort. I wasn't sure how to actually weave it all together but it's a route to spark the Muay Thai interest. For work out partner, if she frequents a gym, then that'd be a good starting place for them meeting. That or some random trail that is ran in a cross country style of training, since that'd be something he could get into every so often. 

Players Guest

Sadrienne

Sounds good! I was thinking they'd move from Northern Queensland to Narrie at the beginning of January, so could pick them up at either places. If Adam wants to be a total dork though the Longhursts could go get Nox early and catch them squeezing in a quick dive, which they could jump in and join. Or could just do a more low key thing where they pick up Nox and they just get adjusted to everything and Longhursts adjust to them. Whatever works for you!

As far as Lauren and Nox goes, it sounds like maximum potential trouble could start at the beginning of the term, though I am not familiar enough with Tally stuff to come up with ideas with threads right away, not until school stuff gets started anyway.

Kaitore

Senan: Nox would have no problems going beyond school grounds to practice and work on stuff. Theyd be happy to use charms on invasive trees/weeds/etc out in the bush. And Nox knows plenty of mermish and gobbledegook and grew up having classes with plenty of different halfbreeds and species so they could go from learning language to Nox expanding on cultural stuff too.

Alex: Excellent! He lives with Caitlin and Cassandra in Narrie right? So could start having dreams after Nox arrives there. As far as seems odd and dreamlike goes, could be around town where shops are open at night (when it should be closed), with maybe sky having the wrong constellations for the time of year, and then everything else be relatively normal save for Nox goofing around and doing nonsensical things no one in the dream is paying any mind to. And then the music stuff they can maybe get into later when they meet more officially and Nox learns he's all about music.

Travis: Haha great! Maybe they have an initial encounter before school and then progressively more after? Maybe run into Nox working, then running in the morning, then Branch out from there?

Tyson: ooh Nox could be one of the people who'd watch the tourney, (bonus that it's outside). More character involvement could involve a thing where people try to land a hit on a fighter or do some light/playful sparring? Nox could probably find a gym, or go gym hunting and then run into Tyson, they could end up as ocassional running partners, as Nox would probably do that more regularly.

Edited by JazZay
Missed Kai's post !

Aha Adam totally would be that dork. If you wanna start up a thread, I'll throw the Longhursts in...  quite literally! XD

✩ Moddies ✩ Kaitore

I'm after this time! :P

Senan-Nox: Sounds like a plan! Then I think once the school year has started officially we can start a thread up for the meeting and studying between the two! (Which, it's in about 5-6 days! Wooooo!) 

Alex-Nox: He and Cassandra have just moved in with his sister, Adele, after her Husband's death. (Not that long ago timewise) But they're in Narrie still so same vicinity! That one we can start a thread up ASAP since it'd be pretty easy to do that kind of thing at any point. Ahahaha, oh, he'll make sure she knows he's about music one way or another! It's shameless and bad but he doesn't care, he'll scream it from the mountain tops!

Travis-Nox: Yes! Most likely watching and metaphorically, pouncing on her out of curiosity on what she'd be doing. I think that'd be a pretty good sequence of starting things up, another thing we can do before the start of the School Year too for starting up threads. 

Tyson-Nox: Have to show off outside, it's like a given! Oh, kind of like a 'Test of Strength/Skill' or really a twist with 'Come, Test our skilled fighters!' form of promotion to drum up interest in the art. Then occasional run partners seems like a good fit, Tyson is the kind of guy that would try to push the limits in a run through a playful challenge of speeding up bit by bit. 

Players Guest

Kaitore

I'm onto you now, lol. Also Nox identifies as they/them cus they don't feel like they fit into Western gender norms and since they're a metamorph they may wake up with one body type over another, depending how they feel that day. That's just OOC though, in IC posts I'm cool with characters slipping up, working through it or it not even being a thing--whatever works! Anyway, back to the plots.

Senan: All right we can get back to things then!

Alex: Ah All right. Then I can start that thread and get things rolling with Alex and Nox unless you have an idea for how you want to start it! Just let me know.

Travis: Hah! All right you wanna start this one or have me do it?

Tyson: Ooh that sounds like fun, just work out when you wanna do the tourney and I'm for throwing Nox into the mix! And theyre all up for a challenge! I guess we can do the run partners thing whenever, but maybe after school starts when Nox is more settled in with a schedule? So sometime next week?

✩ Moddies ✩ Kaitore

Senan-Nox: Sounds good! I can start up that thread a couple of days after the School Term kicks off. 

Alex-Nox: No immediate idea pops in my mind, you're good to go as the thread starter there!

Travis-Nox: I can pop the thread for that sometime today.

Tyson-Nox: Gotcha! I just need to do a quick mental design check on how it'd all look and be explained as but something I can get done without much delay. And yes, I agree, run partners would be best for Tyson when the school year starts off too since he'll have to keep himself in shape for the kind of Degree and activities he'd get into.