Cbox
Guest enabled! No advertising, and be nice! Not much happening here? Check out our Discord!
Welcome to Tallygarunga, an original roleplay set in the Harry Potter universe. Set in present-day Australia, tensions are high between the Ministry of Magic and the only Ministry-run wizarding school in the country. Become like the other snooty private schools? Not a chance.

Originally established in August 2006, Tallygarunga prides itself on an inclusive and active community. Once part of the Tally family, always part of the Tally family. Whether you're here for the first time, the thousandth time, or returning after a long time---welcome home.
Staff
Sadrienne
Founder
LilyCat
Admin
Kaitore
Sturt
Flinders
Spencer
Bourke
Tallygarunga
a non-canon au potterverse roleplay
September, 2019 :: Spring
Sign in to follow this  

Complete Pretty Little Liars (Dec. 16 2017)

Melbourne ☆ Actress, Princess, Supermum★ LilyCat
26 year old Halfbreed Sorceraic ☆ She/Her

There were many things racing through Jezebel's mind, not the least of them the conversation with her mother, as well as the arrival of Améa and Zane back to Narrie. She was happy that her sister had returned, more than happy, but at the same time disappointed that she was still with the man who seemed to suck the life out of her. Jez had to wonder how the other young woman hadn't noticed it, how she had let it get so bad. She was like a shell of her former self, felt as though she could be blown away with a gust of wind.

It wasn't right, and made Jezebel angry and frustrated that she couldn't do anything to fix that. At least not right at this moment. Whatever trick Zane had up his sleeve, the rest of them had to be ready. She doubted he would have returned without something to fall back on.

Still, that was not her main concern right now, as the young woman made sure that the dishes were all in the dishwasher, and kitchen and dining table were clean. The children had gone to bed not long ago, and Viktor was doing some reading in the library. Jez didn't really have to do any cleaning, she could just look at everything and make it happen without much use of energy. But she wanted to use her hands, be doing something physical while she thought.

It was time, Jez really needed to tell Viktor about everything, and prepare him for the possibilities of what could happen, and let him know the promises she and Adele made regarding Veronika's happiness. More importantly, he needed to know the truth about where their little girl had come from. The only one of the triplets who wasn't biologically theirs.

Having finished her tidying, the young woman fidgeted a moment as she waited for the kettle to boil, before making a cup of tea, and then taking a deep breath as she made her way through the large manor toward the library.

It had been a good thing they'd decided to move into a much larger place with the triplets on the way. Their unit that they once had would never had fit all of them, let along the inclusion of her baby brother and his baby daughter as well. Even with them, some days it didn't feel like such a packed place. Perhaps because Jezebel had insisted on getting a mansion that was still by the beach. She wanted room to host parties, to have people stay over. And it wasn't like she didn't have the money for it.

Entering the library, the young woman smiled as she spotted her fiancee, before stepping quietly over and setting the tea down on the desk beside him, before then leaning over to press a kiss to his temple.

"Hey love, interrupting anything important?" Jezebel glanced over his shoulder to see if he was reading, or doing some work. She really hoped that she wasn't interrupting him, but she needed to get this off her chest as soon as possible. The longer she waited, the more likely that he would find out from an outside source, and probably not in the best way.

✩ Moddies ☆ Professor of Finger Painting✩ Chromatic
Muggleborn Human ☆ She/Her

"And so, tolerance coning can provide information on... Aha! Knew I got that right on the exam." Viktor's brain was no surprise, and he did not often doubt his ability to recall the lines of his textbooks word for word, but that didn't mean he did not appreciate looking over the material after an exam.

A perfect score, then, would await him. 

The man sat back in his chair, taking a moment to listen to the sounds of silence in the library, the little ones all asleep in their beds. Calm. Viktor did enjoy that, insofar as to say that a little respite from the pleasant chaos of their house was always welcome. But he wouldn't trade any of it for anything. 

Viktor was a happy man.

Hunching forward again, the poured over another tome, his brain immediately filing away details and facts, cross referencing within his mind's eye the test he had written earlier that morning. Perfect. Perfect. Yes. A smile graced his face, his fangs poking into view ever so slightly, before his attention shifted.

He could smell tea, and hear footsteps approaching.

Tea now on the desk beside him, Viktor's smile shifted to something more affectionate as he felt Jez's lips on his temple, a gentle kiss. Tipping his head back, he replied, "Nah, I was just going over my books and comparing the points to the answers I put on my exam this morning." His smile grew a little more, fangs showing again, before he let his dhampiric senses do a little work.

He took Jez's hand in his own. "What's the matter love?" Had something gone wrong with the meeting between the family and Améa? Did she have another visit from her mother's side? Viktor didn't abuse his ability to glance into his fiancee's mind, but instead patiently waited for her reply. He wouldn't pressure her.

Glancing at the pile of books, Jez had to chuckle silently a moment. The man hadn't changed in all the time she'd known him. Though at least after he had his surgery years ago, he was able to follow through on studying healing without having to worry about his own health and the potential stress that it could cause. It had been a number of years so far, and no problems. She hoped it stayed that way.

Though, the man could do with being a little less intuitive, Jezebel thought to herself wryly. Viktor had barely set his book down after the tea was delivered, and already he clasped her hand and was asking what the matter was. She'd been hoping to gradually get to that gently, but it seemed straight to the point it was.

"The meeting with Améa went about as well as expected, considering she's still with her husband," Jez grimaced at having to mention the man that her sister lived with in any capacity. The very air around him made her feel ill, and she was still internally seething over the fact that even years later and after being separated from everyone, he was not only still harming Mea, but seemed to have drained the life from her.

"Actually, it's..." Jez inhaled deeply, before releasing a long sigh as she ran her free hand through her hair nervously. "There's something I need to tell you, something that I've kept secret, though I'm hoping that you'll understand why when I explain it," She tried not to babble as she began, but it was difficult and she only managed not to by taking breaths.

"I'm just nervous, about how you're going to take the news, that's all. It's to do with the triplets, Veronika in particular," Jezebel bit her lip as she watched Viktor, figuring that it was best to at least give him the chance to keep up rather than blurt everything out like she was prone to do. This was big, after all.

Viktor frowned slightly when Jez spoke of Améa's husband. He had heard enough about the man to warrant Viktor to dream of meeting him, tearing him to pieces, not only for the way he heard he affected Améa, but also how he affected Jezebel. "Wouldn't it be nice if he just disappeared," Viktor exhaled slightly, shaking his head.

It was men like that that had Viktor wonder for the future of humanity - and he had many years of life still ahead of him to ponder it.

But no, hm, that was not the cause of Jezebel's disquiet. Yep, there it was - the exhale, her hand running through her hair. Something was troubling her, but Viktor tried to hold back his insatiable curiosity. His eyes focused on her face, her actions, the little things that told him she was antsy - and there it was, his answer.

A secret? How bad could it be? 

The man nodded slowly, carefully, taking in her words, measuring them in his head. His breathing subconsciously matched hers, until she confessed it had to do with the triplets. With Veronika. 

Viktor's brow furrowed a little more there. He didn't quite understand off the top of his head what the trouble would be there, but he was patient. "With Nika," he repeated, nodding to himself before he opened up his arms and nudged Jez to take a seat on his lap. She was biting her lip now, and Viktor let his thumb brush over it in his attempts to get her to calm down. "It's alright, love, one step at a time. I'm listening." 

Her anxiety was worrisome, and Viktor did ponder what sort of secret it could be, but he still would not resort to digging in her mind for himself. "Whenever you're ready."

"Disappearing would be very nice, preferably with Améa happy that he's gone as well," As much as she wanted to free her sister, Jezebel also knew that there was a tentative line, where they had to make certain that Améa wasn't going to simply allow herself to fade into nonexistence as well. She supposed that was another very good reason for having to introduce her sister to the children, in particular the one that was of Mea's own blood.

A soft sigh fell from Jezebel's lips as her gaze narrowed at Viktor slightly. He was trying to make this easier on her, and she didn't really feel like she had a right to have it any easier. This was a big secret to have kept for all these years. The only advantage was that the children already knew, she didn't have to worry about breaking their hearts.

They still insisted they were siblings regardless, anyway.

"Alright, well..." Jezebel accepted the invitation, sitting herself on one of Viktor's knees so that she was still semi facing him at least. A small smirk was offered when he smoothed out her lip, before she ran a hand through her hair again, "I'm not even sure where to start. But... I guess I should just, cut to the chase." Her lips pursed and she paused a moment before nodding and then continuing, "Nika technically isn't our child... she'd Améa's."

Jez left it a short moment to let that sink in, knowing that there were going to be a million questions though, she didn't leave it too long, and spoke again.

"Remember that night I told you about, when Adele found Améa, and she was basically dying because of the damage done to her by her oh so loving husband? Well, we realised very quickly that she was pregnant, and the energy that the baby required was going to kill Mea. Adele... she was just going to get rid of the baby, but, well... I offered another solution," Jez winced a little, knowing that it had been possible that her own children could have been placed in danger, but if there was a chance to save a life, well...

"We basically did what Lillian had done with Lorelei when I almost died, we transferred Améa's daughter to my womb, the gestation period of her baby and our two was almost exactly the same, so no one would even question it," The young woman inhaled deeply then as she looked off to the middle distance a little, recalling the whole night.

"Everyone who was there promised not to say anything about it, for obvious reasons. Who knows what that monster would have done, how he might have used a child to manipulate Mea. But... the children know, Nika remembers the whole thing. And with them back now, if Améa meets Nika, she'll know too..."

It was clear that there was a lot to be concerned about, mostly how things were going to be handled. It might just be the wake up that Améa needs, but what if she was too far gone? Jez could only hope that Nika didn't suffer for any of this.

"Indeed," was Viktor's comment regarding Zane, Améa, and the concept of Améa being happy the scum was gone too. 

But he wasn't about to focus on that right now. Nope, Jez was focused on whatever was the matter, and Viktor wasn't about to spare Zane one more speck of his brain power.

If he only knew...

At first when Jezebel broke the news, Viktor blinked, blue eyes momentarily confused as to how that could even be possible. His dhampiric senses had always pinpointed that there was something different about little Veronika, but Viktor had never paid any attention to it. She was his little girl.

And, even with the news, she still was his little girl. Viktor was merely smart enough not to speak up just yet as Jez continued her story.

Of course Viktor remembered that night. Jez had been distraught, and as the tale unfolded, more pieces began to click into place. Unlike his brother, Viktor was no expert at schooling his emotions, and everything flit across his face as he understood the seriousness of what had truly happened. His brain was turning around and around, curiosity wanting to burst forward and ask a multitude of questions, but he held back. He'd learn more in time.

But... Everyone? 

Nika knew, their triplets were aware. Viktor sat back in the chair and let himself finish processing what had happened. "She's still my little girl. I won't let anything happen to her," Viktor told Jez quietly, knowing the implications this would have with Améa, and the dirtbag that was her husband. "My senses had always told me there was something special about Veronika but, I never thought to question it."

In all of this, Viktor was not the least bit upset. 

"However, Jez... What did you mean by everyone? Who else knew?" Besides her family which Viktor never questioned about anyway - curiosity often killed the cat after all.

Jezebel was still, watching Viktor as he listened and then processed everything she told him. If it were anyone else she were telling the story to who didn't know her family, then she'd have probably been called crazy. But there was a lot that went on within her Sorceraic side, and they'd already come across the ability to transfer even the smallest living embryo from one womb to another when Jezebel's own life had been in danger years ago.

Of course, it had taken a year to discover that they had a living daughter, but the fact that it was something they could do was definitely worthy of questions from even the most brilliant medical minds.

"I know that it doesn't change how you feel about her, I always knew it wouldn't," Jez said quietly with a small nod. No matter where Nika originated from, they'd still raised her as one of their own. Hell, Jezebel had carried her for months and gave birth to her, which made her as much her own as the biological parents. Maybe even more so. She'd connected with the triplets while they were in the womb.

The idea of any of them being harmed or forced from her made the mother's protective instincts kick in, and she had to take a breath and think of other things. Apparently, Viktor had caught something else in her words though, and she canted her head as he asked who else knew.

"I hardly think that's quite as important as Nika's happiness, love," Jezebel joked with him gently. She knew that his question held no implication regarding his concern, it was just his very active brain working overtime and wanting to know all the details. She smiled lightly, and then pursed her lips as she considered a moment, "Well, you can't be upset with him, Vladimir had walked in on us in the library while we were seeing to Améa. He was there for the whole thing, and was sworn to secrecy as well."

Viktor nodded silently, content with keeping his mouth shut for the moment and just absorbing what Jez was telling him. If that bastard, if he ever found out that Nika was his own kid, ever came near her, Viktor was fairly certain homicide would be at the forefront of his mind.

He wouldn't let anything happen to her, not if he could help it.

At least she was joking when she made her next statement, and Viktor couldn't help the sheepish grin that came to his face. "Sorry luv, you know I can't help it," he verbalized, letting his head rest against her for a moment before he lifted it back up and focused. 

Vladimir had known? 

"He's practically a stone fortress. Even if you tortured him, he wouldn't speak if he had previously made a promise to keep silent," Viktor remarked with a small nod of his head. No, he couldn't blame his brother one bit. 

Viktor nodded once again, signalling that he was taking it all in. 

"So... What's the next step then luv?"

Jezebel didn't need to be a mind-reader to be able to see that protective glint in Viktor's eyes. Even as gentle as her fiance was, he was still a Dhampir, a predator. And she had a feeling that if any of their children were ever in danger, then that side of his nature would probably show itself. She wasn't fool enough to believe that he was completely harmless. It was more that she knew he would have a harder time dealing with it later when he cooled down.

"Hey, you don't need to apologise. I've known you easily long enough to be able to tell where your mind's going without bothering to have to look into it," The woman grinned lightly at Viktor before giving him a small kiss and then raising her brows as he absorbed the information about his brother knowing what had occurred.

"You have a good point. It's why he was a great support during that pregnancy, I think too. We were a little worried about the potential strain that having an extra little Sorceress might cause on my body," Jezebel nodded gently. However the question of 'next' caused her to inhale a deep breath while she thought about the conversation she and Adele had regarding all of this and the potential it could have.

"Adele and I think we should arrange a controlled meeting for Améa and Nika, somewhere safe, far away from Zane. There's... a possibility that knowing she has a daughter might help Améa to come back to herself, and draw her away from the life that's slowly killing her," Jez said with a small nod, though frowned a little, not wanting it to sound like she was using their daughter.

"There's also the fact that Nika does deserve to meet and know her real mother. I mean, she loves us and insists she doesn't want another mother, but she's never met Améa. I want our family to be allowed all the potential chances it can have... even if it means that once Améa is strong again and able to provide, that Nika might decide to live with her," It hurt to think about, but Jezebel had always known it would be a possibility. However Viktor hadn't know, so this would be probably a lot for him to take in.

"I mean, obviously we're still going to have Nika for a while yet. But she has the right to choose, and she's always going to be our little girl still, no matter what happens."

Jez's kiss was a lovely distraction from the thought of wanting to murder Zane if he ever got his hands on any of the kids. By the end of the kiss, he had a little grin on his face as he muttered to his fiancé, "Mmm, true. Perks of having to put up with my curious brain for so long. No need to peek inside when you'll just get bombarded with a million thoughts at once." 

As for Vladimir and knowing, well... Viktor would converse with his brother at a later date. For the moment, Viktor was too focused on Jez and the new information she was telling him. "Ah, yes... It's already enough that we had you with two little sorceresses in there at the time, plus a little dhampir." Viktor always knew it was a testament to their bloodlines that their children were born happy and healthy and without complications.

The deep breath that Viktor heard though told him that there was a lot more coming his way. 

The more Jezebel said, the more her words weighed down upon him. Veronika was his little girl, his special one, and even though Jez was right, that Nika deserved to know her biological mother, it was... still hard. Viktor's brow furrowed a bit as he took it all in.

Viktor took his own deep breath, exhaling it softly before looking at Jez with a solemn look on his face, but a protective glint in his eyes. "She'll always be our little girl. I want her to be happy, safe, and loved of course. If Améa... if Améa gets strong again and Nika wants to stay with her, then so be it of course."

But... There was always a but.

"But if anything ever happens to her in the course of all of this, or if that cretin gets near her, I'll..." Viktor trailed off, a dangerous glint appearing in his bright blue eyes before it settled down slightly. Focus, he told himself silently. "Where do you think you'll have the meeting? The Isle?"

"Well, that's it. They each needed more energy than the usual baby needs, at least I imagine," Jezebel chuckled softly, wrapping her arms around Viktor to cuddle up a little. "But hey, at least we know I can handle it if we decide to have more and end up with multiples again." A devilish smirk and waggle of her brows was offered, before she laughed softly. She was glad that she was able to help keep Viktor calm, despite everything she was throwing at him right now. She'd learned over the years that even as gentle as he was as a person, there was still a predator within him that could potentially be set off.

Still, it hurt to see that tension in him as he realised that, as much as they loved Veronika and as much as she was still their little girl, there may come a day when she might want to live with the woman who had conceived her. And that was completely understandable. Jezebel had a connection with all her children, but even she could tell the difference between the blood connections. She and Lorelei especially held a deep one, despite the girl having been moved from her much the way Nika had been from her own mother.

And that was the other thing. Jezebel remembered when Lorelei had come into their lives, the feeling of being returned to someone that was a part of her. She couldn't deny her sister or daughter that. So long as Améa made the right choices.

"I know, love," Jezebel's hand soothed at Viktor's shoulder blades gently as he kept his anger under control. She knew that if something happened to Nika in the midst of all of this, then he would probably snap. Hell, she knew that she would as well. She was protective of her children, and wanted them to lead as happy lives as they possibly could. So long as they were happy and unharmed then that was all she asked for.

"Yes, L'Arine seems like the best bet for the meeting. Zane can't follow Améa there, so far as I can tell, he's never been and possibly doesn't even know about it. I know Améa well enough to know that, despite how much she loves him, she wouldn't betray her family and our secrets, not even to him," Jezebel offered a gentle nod, though she also hoped that she was correct. She'd never known Améa to break that vow, it was probably the one thing that her sister kept from her husband, "Anyway, once we know what she chooses, then... there may be a fallout, depending on it all, so we're going to have to be prepared. Perhaps strengthen the wards around the house a little."

Viktor's worried look softened to a gentle smile as he nodded at Jez's words. The waggle of her eyebrows just completed everything, and the man couldn't help the chuckle. "Ah, yeah this is very true. You are just the most powerful person I know. If you couldn't handle our brood, then nothing and no one else could," he replied with a little wink, moving in to press a kiss to her forehead.

A calm before the emotional storm that was understanding the situation between themselves, Veronika, and now Améa. Viktor was optimistic though, he often was. It would all turn out okay in the end - it had to.

Viktor couldn't really bear the thought of everything turning upside down.

Jez's gentle actions on his shoulder blades helped soothe the Dhampir within that wanted to be let out. To draw blood, to destroy Zane and everything the cretin stood for. His tongue ran over his fangs in his mouth, brow furrowing for a moment, much like his twin brother's would when he was in deep thought and not attempting to hide it.

A deep breath in, then out.

"The Isle is the best place. I'd be surprised myself if he knew about it, or how to get there," Viktor commented, his face turning solemn as he took in all the details Jezebel was providing him. Fallout - he certainly hoped there wouldn't be too much of it. But, they needed to be prepared, all of them.

Viktor nodded in agreement. "I can strengthen the wards here no problem. I can even get my father and Grandfather Vladimir to help with the wards if we need." It did, after all, help to have a grandfather who was over five hundred years old with that much magic and expertise. "And then to keep up my strength..."

Despite the medication he took for his heart, and everything else, there was one thing that helped sustain the man more than anything else ever could. His hand gently reached out and stroked Jez's neck for a moment. "I'll need blood, luv." Not the first time, of course, and most certainly not the last, but Viktor couldn't help but be ever the gentleman about his requests.

"Hah, that just means you haven't spent enough time around some of my family from the dark side. Though, I like to think I've done quite well considering I had no idea what was wrong with me for most my life," And what a day that had been, when the truth had finally been revealed to Jezebel about her heritage. Once she'd chosen though, the things she learned felt only natural, as though it had been a part of her for her entire life, and just waiting to be unlocked. She also knew she had to be careful with thoughts about children. All it took was the desire, and bam... come on down to baby town, again.

The young woman also hoped that things turned out for the positive. She knew well that there were going to be some kind of consequences if Améa chose Nika over her husband, but they would simply have to be prepared for that. Given how much closer she had become to Adele in recent years, and their combined strength, along with the support of Viktor and his brother, and then her father as well. Jezebel was certain enough they could weather any storm.

"No one who doesn't belong at the Isle gets there without an invitation and guide," Jezebel nodded gently. That was how she knew Zane would never get there. If he so much as even tried, there were much older women than Jezebel or even Adele, who would probably simply make him cease to exist. Lillian and Bethianna would never allow such a risk of the island.

"I can help with the wards as well," Jezebel's own magic was different from what she knew her fiance and his family would use, which only meant that their home would be protected on a few levels. She wasn't going to risk having the knowledge of Nika's true origin potentially get out without taking measures to make sure that her daughter was safe, and that no one would be able to get to her or harm her. As Viktor's fingertips traced over the side of her nick, Jezebel then felt a light shiver run down her spine and she chuckled quietly.

"You know I'm more than happy to be a donor if you need it, love," A small half-smirk touched her lips as her gaze narrowed at him. "Are you talking about when doing the wards though, or are you feeling a little run down currently?"