Cbox
Guest enabled! No advertising, and be nice! Not much happening here? Check out our Discord!
Welcome to Tallygarunga, an original roleplay set in the Harry Potter universe. Set in present-day Australia, tensions are high between the Ministry of Magic and the only Ministry-run wizarding school in the country. Become like the other snooty private schools? Not a chance.

Originally established in August 2006, Tallygarunga prides itself on an inclusive and active community. Once part of the Tally family, always part of the Tally family. Whether you're here for the first time, the thousandth time, or returning after a long time---welcome home.
Staff
Sadrienne
Founder
LilyCat
Admin
Kaitore
Sturt
Flinders
Spencer
Bourke
Tallygarunga
a non-canon au potterverse roleplay
August, 2019 :: Winter

Invite Where Do We Go From Here

Narragyambie ☆ Mum / Radio HostPoppy
26 year old Halfbreed Veela ☆ She/Her

How much time had passed since that night that had changed her entire world view? Made her question not only how she lived her life at the time but also the choices she had made for others in her life. Choices that had she made differently, well, was there any point dwelling on what she could have done? The ‘what ifs’ didn’t bring back the young witch who lost her life for doing nothing more than taking care of Saffron. It didn’t bridge the gap of time that she had kept something from someone who should have been in Saffrons life from the word go.

Though that specific person had not actually made any attempts to contact her since the night that he’d saved his own daughters life. Holly assumed that he had the information and decided to do nothing with it. After all this supposed child of his was seven, how was he supposed to know if she really was his? The young witch pushed that thought and many more aside. It wasn’t worth dwelling on. Jon had the information and it was his decision whether to act on it.

Plus, right there and then it was the least of concerns. After that night in the warehouse Holly had reflected on the way she was living her life. This had led her to make the choice to drop out of university and focus solely on the career she had built up for herself and being a Mother. Saffron had often had to spent time with friends or babysitters whilst Holly juggled this busy life, perhaps always feeling like she was on the low end of her Mothers priority list. Now she was priority number one, their was less babysitters in her life and now she spent time at friends houses because it was fun and something she wanted to do.

That was where the young girl was right at that moment, this allowed Holly time to unpack boxes and use magic to push furniture where she felt it should be.

The other big thing that had happened since that night was that Holly had finally managed to collect enough money together too buy her and Saffron their first home. A small two bedroom house that contained a garden big enough for her to play in comfortably. In a nice area of Narragyambie.

It was a warm enough day that she had the windows and doors open as she sorted through the box of random items she’s put on the kitchen table, a glass of water within reach. Saffie was having an extended sleepover at one of her school friends, allowing Holly time to get this new home set up for them both.

A new beginning.  

Narragyambie ☆ Liaison for ‘Azai Corporations’, Yakuza Hitman✩ Kaitore
27 year old Halfbreed Fairy ☆ HE/HIM

"She is safe? Good. Keep an eye on her from here on out, that will be your new assignment." A finger ran along the fun to disconnect the call. Jonathan had been keeping tabs on Saffron and Holly but from great distance, He held a reach that expanded in many ways to let him achieve such a demand. It had all been with the intention that the women wouldn't know specifically for their own safety; Knowledge was often a means of destruction in ways that another couldn't perceive. The very idea of his background is what kept him from showing up in general and even now as he waited outside of the woman's newly minted home, a nagging part of his mind told him to walk away and leave them to a life of safety that didn't include being seen with him but protected by him. It felt that he could do that much from the shadows and be successful as for the alternative which would draw more attention towards them from his Father and the usual goons that huddled under his wing. With the sudden upheaval of leadership due to the various factions amongst the Yakuza meant that everyone was being watched much more intensely. Even himself. 

Jonathan just had to trust in Mishiba to watch after Saffron wherever she'd been at and keep her safe by -any- means necessary. Probably not the best idea considering that Mishiba had been more indicative of a obvious brute verses a smooth operator like himself. 

Attention had been drawn to the expanse from outside of the home, It'd been something he'd expected but still it was a home where the two females could call their own. Steps of caution forward while his eyes kept watch and hand kept trained in case there'd been the sudden trigger of a spell that had been intended as a ward for the home. Of course, it didn't seem to be the case and even more so a wasted point as the windows had been opened and the door left ajar which he could only assume had been the intention of the heat that rolled in the area. Eyelids blinked several times as the somewhat rookie mistake on his part and gave way to a self-mocking laughter pitched lowly to avoid being detected before moving into the home with his hands pressed into his pockets. 

His steps were feathery almost as if sound retreated from him like shadows from the light which had been one of the few gifts his Fae heritage had granted him control over. On first entering the home he hadn't seen the woman but heard the rustling caused from shifted items in a box and followed that sound with a calm countenance until he came upon her rummaging through the box situated on the kitchen table. Indigo and Black ringed hues settled on Holly silently for a moment, unaware on how to address or even approach her to make aware of his presence. "You would think that your doors would be trapped if you were just going to leave them wide open. Any odd individual could just walk up inside and settle." It could be a forgiven oversight considering that she'd just moved in but at the very least the thought and idea had been offered. 

He didn't want a repeat to occur again of not only a kidnapping but a pointless death of someone that hadn't even been involved in the first place. The thought alone reminded him that much worse would be done if anyone of his own 'Company' had caught wind and wanted to use the girls to try and bend him to their will. Taking a comfortable position by leaning his shoulder against the smooth opening of the doorway; Eyes scanned the room slowly as if inspecting for any potential opening that could be exploited while also granting an internal critique on the suitability of the household to them. It would have to do. Pushing off the wall after brief time had passed he walked closer to the table and reached his hand into the box to remove a small cup and looked it over while opening his mouth to speak. "Didn't expect you to quit University especially after all that work that you've put in to excel in it. Just going to focus on the job and providing then?

As his gaze leveled to look upon Holly the expression on his face seemed impassive despite the amused tone of his voice. The signs that he knew a lot more information about her recent life than he probably should have. "I can respect that. Sometimes you have to give up things that you probably don't want to. Do what is necessary for the growth of another or betterment of the self." Was that the way he'd have to go with Saffron now? Thinking ahead for what would benefit her more than anything  else? It was enough of a consideration and revelation that it shifted his expression to be quizzical. "Anyways, it looks like you could use a bit of help setting up. Considering that you sent Saffron away - How has she and yourself been holding up of late?" Unfortunately, Mindsets were one thing he hadn't the time to unravel for the two women after the event only being able to keep at more than arms length. 

Though she was by her very birth a magical creature, Holly had a habit of doing things with her hands when magic was the most convenient option. Yet there was something comforting about ripping into a box with a knife and ones bare hands, unpacking the individual contents and finding the best place for them to be within the house. Placing them there and then standing back and admiring that one decision you made, before promptly deciding it was the wrong one and changing it. Well, that seemed to be the way it was going for her right then as she unpacked the boxes of kitchen things and placed them in the cupboard she first thought was good before changing her mind and moving it.

She really should just wave her wand and let magic do the whole thing, at least she could tell herself that the decision was already made and it was all done.

It was just as she moved to reach her wand that had fallen onto the floor from the kitchen table that a voice floated over from the door way. Stopping in her very odd bent over position, she turned her head towards the sound, her eyes landing the last person she was expecting to see standing in her front door. Slowing she stood up, wand gripped in her right hand. His words though made her roll her eyes slightly, before a smile tugged at one edge of her lips.

“Case in point?” she asked, with a raised eyebrow in his direction. Turning she placed her wand back down on the kitchen table before returning her attention back to the man standing in her doorway, waiting for him to continue on with his case. It stung a little that he was probably right, after all, hadn’t she been through a situation where not having alarms had ended in tragic circumstances? The honest truth was she’d not even thought about it with Saffron out of the house.

If Jon wasn’t currently standing in her doorway that may have made Holly look at how she valued herself. Then he continued to speak and the things he said raised some red flags for her. How would he know the thing about her dropping out of university? She had broadcast that yet, it was an upcoming idea for the show. Discussing the complexities of making changes in one’s life for someone else. She watched him walk into her home and dig around in one of the boxes, picking up a cup.

Moving towards him, she took the cup from his hand and placed it down gently keeping a lightly curious expression on her face as she set about quizzing him.

“And how exactly would have come by that information?” another raised eyebrow “I haven’t mentioned anything on the wireless about it and I don’t blog about my life. The only people that know I’ve left are my ex-professors and the university board.” had he been spying on her? Would he admit to it even if he was?

“After what happened I re-evaluated my life and the way I was living it, something needed to give. I like my job, they wanted me full time and I love our daughter. She deserves the best of me and I can’t do that if I’m pointlessly chasing some ideal that I had as a teenager.” a somewhat cheeky smile followed that statement as she prepared to add the rest “It also allows me time to go be social, meet people. Have my own life.”

The question about help unpacking and setting up was a welcome one, even though a part of her wasn’t sure if relying on a man for anything was a good idea, but he was only offering to help unpack boxes not anything more substantial than that.

“Help would be nice. I was going for this whole ‘I can do this alone, don’t need a man to move heavy things. I’m a witch with a brain and a wand’, turns out muscles really do help.” she said opening the next box on the table “I’m still on kitchen things, though I’m starting to think I should have thrown most of thing away.” she said holding up a kitchen implement she’d never used “I don’t even know what this is for.” the object in her hand was stainless steel pipe topped with a rubber handle on top, finished off with what looked like a small disc shaped rubber bottom that had ‘teeth’.

Jonathan's head tilted slightly to follow the motion of her bending with his usual amused smirked donned onto his face. "I know being caught 'bent over' is supposed to be taken metaphorically. . . But to think someone would go so far as to make it so literal." He huffed out a brief snicker then his head straightened once more finding the leaned motion a bit stressful to his neck. "I will give you that, I am pretty odd. But at least I used the door. Windows tend to be much more fun to smuggle myself through. Occasionally the back door." Using the front door had either been to establish a sense of respect for the household to him or a way to determine that he felt no actual threat to those that would witness such a bold and forward activity. At least to those that would know of his line of work and activities. 

"I come by a lot of information. Sometimes it just falls into my lap, I can't really remember where or whom says it these days." Usually things that pertained to someone's schooling life didn't pass as proper 'information' to him but there were exceptions to rules for a reason. To make sure that the basis of safety had been covered he needed to cross lines as he'd usually done and he had seen no issue with doing it, having a lack of shame in the act did assist with it. "You'd be surprised how easily certain bits of knowledge can be obtained. Almost as if people want to just say it without any reason." Intimidation tactics tend to work that way: Low cost, high yield sort of situation. 

"Ideals, they're dangerous things at times. Not in the way of fiery buildings - not often anyways." His brow furrowed at the thought and then his arms crossed as he no longer held the glass he'd picked up. "But it's good that you decided to reorganize your priorities. Not just for our daughter's health but yours too." He nodded in understanding of the need for reaching out and connecting to others. Even in his line of work, no, especially in it he needed to do so himself. "For her to have a healthy life, you need a healthy life. That means not shutting yourself in or off from people. It'd also help so that you and her can forget about that awful night - you two don't really have any business in that kind of a world. Even if people did drag you into it." They'd been close to being in a position where the underworld could have snatched them easily, it was a good break that the criminals were more akin to idiots than seasoned schmucks. 

His eyebrow raised slightly at the instrument she'd pulled out of the box and his lips curved into a soft smile and then laughter bellowed. "It looks like something that you'd mash potatoes or other kinds of ingredients with. They do come in different shapes and materials - Wood, metal, Square, Circular. Cooking, it's a weird thing but I know someone that has a very odd habit for it." It hadn't been his kind of thing but Mishiba, with all of his loud and energetic fanaticism took to the art like a fish in water. He opened up the box just a tad bit wider and leaned forward to gain a better view on the various objects that had been packed on the inside of it. A soft hum resonated in his throat while his eyes darted from one object to the next giving a brief and quick appraisal. "This all really bad crap. You definitely need new things, something fresh for this new start. No need for you to go around toting the old stuff around.

A hand pushed into the pocket of his jacket while he pulled out what seemed to be a smartphone and began to press a few buttons and placed it to his ear. Three rings and then the sound of the other end picking up with a somewhat muffled voice. "I have a job for you, it isn't much of one for your skill but I have need of something. Go out and get a box of cookware, silverware, and all relative things to furnish a kitchen. Appliances too, nothing too crazy but the normal kind of things." Along with an audible 'Huh. . .?' from the other end with clear confusion it had been followed by a confirmation and then an explanation on where to drop off the items. His indigo hues lifted to settle on Holly. "Someone who owed me a favor and a huge bill. I figured they could pay out this way. One stone, two birds I would say." His words came out smoothly without any hesitation or second guessing if it had sounded believable enough, an odd certainty. "How has she been. . .? Saffron, I mean. And is she aware of who I am? Or was she too out of it to really even notice there had been a second person?

“Don’t worry, it wasn’t intentional.” she replied too his comment about her being caught bent over. She hadn’t expected anyone to come over and if she had, Jon would have been near the very bottom of that list “If you’d come in any other way it would give me permission to call the Aurors on you.” she said, now standing up straight with her arms crossed in a way that portrayed she may have been serious with that threat, however, it wasn’t long before her face gave away the fact that she was simply teasing him.

That was until the rest of the conversation happened.

“So information about me just happened to fall into your lap? Information only about three people had?” she asked, tilting her head slightly at him. Jon having that information was somewhat unsettling as it had been something she wasn’t going to generally broadcast too the wider world. It bordered a little too closely on him paying too much attention to what she was doing which she not only found unsettling but a dash of flattery was in there as well and that feeling was defiantly unsettling.

Holly for the most part brushed over Jon’s comments about ideals being dangerous and her needing to live a healthy life for Saffron too also have one. This was something she was already aware of, but, there was little point her pointing this out too Jon. He likely knew this and was just filling the gap. Though she did raise an eyebrow at him when he mentioned burning buildings; that was something she was not planning on running into again anytime soon.

The conversation then moved onto kitchen appliances and once again Jon did something some surprising. Apparently deciding everything she owed was insufficient, he called someone. Then moments later whomever it was on the other end of the phone was off and Jon offered an explanation “Perhaps, but, wouldn’t that favor have been better used on something else than on kitchenware?” especially kitchenware for someone he had a past relationship with.

Holly busied herself with cleaning out one of the smaller boxes, laying out a few odds and ends that were more decoration for a kitchen than actual kitchenware. She thought for a few moments over the next questions that Jon had asked. When Saffron had come around she’d been vaguely aware of what had gone on, but not too the extent that she would be able to pick out Jon in a line up.

“She is only slightly aware of what went on which had helped a lot in not scaring her forever.” a sigh followed that, knowing that the next part of the conversation was going to be a bit more difficult “She is aware that her Father’s name is Jon, she’s aware that you were there that night but we haven’t really talked in depth, largely because you and I haven’t talked in depth. I think; there are things that need to be said and aired out before. She does want to meet you though.” finally looking up from what she was doing, Holly lent against the counter and waited for Jon too launch into his questions and no doubt complaints about how she had handled this entire thing.

"I didn't think it would be." If it had been, it would perhaps be one of the few times that he'd have been extremely surprised. For a number of reasons that would factor into it that he hadn't wanted to dwell upon. A small smirk creased on his lips. "Now you're just promising me a good time and chance to actually break loose." It had been quite sometime since he had been in a situation that required him to use the full extent of his capabilities. Most times he had hoped it would be more often than it was but the less blood that needed to be done meant the longer he could stay out of the grasp of the Law in any other activity that would run across his death. 

"Heh." It amused him to see her worked up in this manner, perhaps an amusement that had been dangerous close towards enticement in other avenues. "You've seen barely a fraction of what I am capable of without any form of remorse or care and you're surprised I could slip out information from a handful of people?" An eyebrow arched upwards while his head tilted to the side inquisitively on that thought alone. "One thing I've learned over the years is that a single person knowing is often one person too many in the knowledge circulation. Then again, that kind of information about you would hardly be thought of being too harmful in the eyes of Citizens." He still worked the old laws of the Yakuza even if his Father hadn't. No extreme harm or maiming of citizens unless they'd been under the understanding as 'partners' or loanee's. 

There had been no doubt within his mind that Holly had chosen the path she had because it had been a sense of awareness. However, taking people at their word or expecting something of them had never been a way he found reliable to trust. No, he needed to make sure that he understood her steps and mindset behind the reasons and motives before he could make a confirmation on what he assumed as a probability. Ever the calculating Sturt even in his later years. 

"It's just one of many favors that people owe me. Simple as that. Other things I prefer to handle myself, personal choice in that matter." If there was one truth in life that he held onto, it had been that he could only trust in himself fully. Even Mishi had his downfalls that made him undependable when it came down to the do or die buckle and truthfully, he couldn't put him in that kind of a situation if it could be avoided. "But if you would rather not have something new to help you out I can always cancel that order entirely." His lips curved into a taunting tease, he didn't expect that she'd turn it away but there had always been the chance that she'd do it simply on principle now. The thought on which it would be had been the real study. 

When the discussion shifted to the real reason he'd shown up a sense of serious swept in his expression and gaze, the indigo-black irises focused on the woman. "At least it didn't hold its full effect on it, that's extremely important to building back on normality." Whatever normal could be connotated as for a person. "Are there things that need to be aired out?" Eyelids squinted, maybe if he'd been another type of man all together it would have been an issue. Even though she had no idea of his affiliations, himself knowing them? He couldn't blame her for keeping the birth of their child a secret from him. Even more when he considered how it could be like for a young teen mother. "If you think I'm going to try and chew you out and make a scene of it? You'd be wrong on that. Would I have enjoyed being in her life? I believe I would, I can't say for certain one way or another. I don't think it's fair enough for me to make a scene simply for not knowing that.

Jonathan grasped the edge of a chair and pulled it out and took a seat, unbuttoning the coat to the suit and gingerly settling it to the sides of him to avoid wrinkling the hem. "You did what you thought had been necessary. I also couldn't guarantee that at that time I would be able to properly protect her from what surrounds me. It makes the decision a no-brainer to me. However, now, I do have the resources and talents to do just that. Though to be frank? I'm unsure how sufficient it would be." There had been a larger issue at hand and it hadn't been the bigots that kidnapped her in the first place. It had been his own Father. "There are things about me you've never known that makes the matters much more. . . Difficult than I would like them to be.

“Fun for you is having a scuffle with Aurors?” she asked with a raised eyebrow, though, no surprised registered on her face largely because this statement actually didn’t surprise her at all. Jon had always been a sort of mystery as well as a loner, something that has a child who in her own way was similar in those aspects was what drew her towards him. Though, that drawing also ended up with her having Saffron and then making the decision that she was now regretting. Holly also had to admit that some part of her rather liked the idea of a scuffle with the auror department as well, not that she’d vocalize that.

“Well, that sounds like an invitation to try and find out information about you as well; If only to surprise and impress you with my detective skills.”  not that she had many of them and the small amount that she did have was unlikely to uncover much about Jon and the secrets he keeps. Though she could agree that what he had found out what hardly a massive or destructive secret, but, something about the way he said it made Holly pause. It almost sounded like he felt this information could be used against her, though, she brushed that aside as her being paranoid.

“No,” she said in regards to him asking about cancelling the order “The help would be appreciated, though, I probably shouldn’t show you the rest of the house. though that was a mild joke, there was some underlying truth. If he felt her kitchen stuff was lacking Merlin only knew what he would make of the rest of it. Hell, her bed had been repaired at least four times the end of last year alone.

Then they moved onto the serious side of the visit and for a moment she was surprised by his response and actually left it show on her face “If those had been the reasons, I’d agree with you. Sadly, my real reasons were much more selfish than that. As awful as this is going to sound, the real reason behind you never knowing about your own child was that...I didn’t want share her with anyone. I could go into on an in depth reasoning of what I felt like that or did what I did, but, the truth is. I was young, stupid and selfish.”

She watched him sit down, then as he talked about how it might be hard to protect Saffron even now “Okay, well, you are going to explain that and everything to me. If there is anymore danger aimed at our daughter I want to you. First though, I am going to make you and I a drink, then we will sit in the living room which is a bit more comfortable and talk. So what will it be tea or coffee?”

"Fun for me is danger itself." Auror's were a very unique kind of danger for someone in his predicament with the mere thought of it caused a small smirk to touch on his lips. A genuine sign of how enjoyable the thought alone had been to him. They actually presented a unique challenge that hadn't been common within the underworld. However, now, there had been the mix of responsibility within himself the kind of raising even in the Yakuza demanded an individual always take responsibility for their own actions and the actions of those that rely upon their covering. "Alas, I must actually act with more care now. Sad but perhaps better for my health.

"Detective skills you say?" That had piqued his interest, what would his little skylark drudge up about him if she'd been stubborn enough? Brave or maybe foolhardy enough to jump into the black pool that had been the criminal syndicates? As he thought of it he realized that it would only be like beating a bat against one of the largest hornets nest in a tree. "If you do decide to go snooping around be mindful of your steps. Some pitfalls are a larger drop than they may seem." If she chose to do it that would mean on his table would be watching her from the shadows more intently than he did currently. 

Jonathan shrugged lightly with a brief sigh. "We'll just plan for a full refurnishing." A brief grunt of amusement pulsed from him. "I will lean on your view on what you'd want for the home. Something that you feel is your own style and fits the vision you have for it." He knew how important it had been to have ones home be an embodiment of who they are. His own had been very sleek and simple, the sense of 'Means Business' radiated from his abode along with the sense of a man who holds himself to an exceedingly high standard. "I'm sure your bed is probably nothing but springs at that." It had been easily told that she cared first for Saffron, sacrifice the self for the growth of the child. 

"Aren't the young often stupid and selfish? It goes with the territory. Sometimes it just tends to stick." Jon still held no fault against her, whatever her true reasons had been it hadn't made his own situation any less true nor much better after the passing of the years. Though he had let it intentionally slip harm could occur it had only been fair for Holly to understand the full grasp of what had been actually be unhinged with their reunion and this bond between the two of them. Before he even went into detail he started to make his way towards the living room. "Coffee, you Australian's butcher the art of tea." A slight gaze then had been tossed back towards her as he offered the tease then continued on his way to the couch and sat down. 

Waiting until everything had been prepped for the drinks and for it to be handed to him before he continued on. "Before going into this you must have understand how deep in this goes. The curse of being a criminal extends beyond even my own birth, the crime of my emergence into life had been an orchestration for a weapon." The cup held securely in his hand as he leaned back into the cushions and took a conservative sip. "My Father views power in the most sickening of way sat times and that includes. . . Unions. It is to solidify his power as a Yakuza Patriarch. The more that it grows the easier it is for him to claim not only a single family but an entire organization." While this next part hadn't been 'tricky' it had been the 'Catch-22' of the entire situation. "Which means by extension, I am Yakuza. Trained and inducted from a young age into the business."

“Well, you aren’t as young as you used to be,” Holly replied, a slight tease. The truth was they were both still very young when it came to the average lifespan of a muggle, let alone a wizard or witch. The teasing continued though, after all, teasing someone about presumed old age was always somewhat amusing from the perpetrator “especially not young enough to be tangling with the Auror department. They are all young and highly trained.” there was also the fact that he was now a Father.

“I am a radio host, detective work is part and parcel of the job. Well,” she smiled slightly “it’s more the producers job. Though, I promise if I do decide to go snooping around in your personal business I will be careful.” if Holly was being honest she’d probably say she wouldn’t be as careful as she was suggesting, as much like Jon, she enjoyed the rush that came with danger though likely to a lesser degree.

“Oh, I’m so glad that I will be able to have some input into my own surroundings.” she replied drily, though, a brief look around would tell anyone with half a sense of style that perhaps a sense of style had skipped over Holly altogether “Though, honestly, I will follow whatever Saffron decides for most things. I will probably need help picking things out.” then she quickly added “If that’s something you fancy doing. As for my bed it is been repaired at least three times this year alone.” then with a straight face she added “You are always welcome to try it out though.”

As conversation  did it moved on to the things she had not told him and his response to it. It was a relief that even after she pretty much admitted her decision making at the time was made with purely selfish motives Jon’s view on it didn’t change. This opened them up to the entire issue he was now going to explain, well, after she made coffee. This was somewhat a relief as she was not the best tea maker in Australia.

Once the coffee was made and she’d handed to him, pausing for a moment to sip her own coffee as she listened too Jon explain his place in life. This information put a whole new spin on the time they had spent together as teenagers but also opened up a cavern of issues for Saffron “I assume your father doesn’t know about Saffron yet.” the whole thing sounded like a plot line from a badly written action TV series “I’d like that too continue as long as possible.” she gently placed her coffee mug down before reaching out and taking Jon’s hand “Are you telling me that one day you are going to take over and that I am the mother of a mob bosses daughter?” the edge of her lips went up in a small smile to try and let Jon know she wasn’t upset or even, really, overly surprised by this information.

"Younger me could hardly ever be called skilled in anything. Could barely avoid a pebble let alone an Auror." He let an amused chuckle ease out of him. He hadn't given much consideration to his age, while he held no extended life due to his Fae blood, it seemed like something frivolous to consider when his job had such a high mortality rate. "It does seem like they're taking literal babies off the street and trying to give them training doesn't it? I think 'Highly trained' would be giving them too large of a wand there." Jonathan knew the elite forces weren't anything to sneeze at, that even the more general department of Auror's were formidable, at least, formidable to those that could be considered fledglings in their talents. 

"I'm sure if you go snooping around you'd be fine anyways. Being old enough to be someone's mother, you're practically halfway to being called a, 'Ma'am'." It seemed it had been his own time to offer up a teased shot about her age. "It feels as if you've been a radio host for several years now." Admittedly, he had tuned in once or twice, aware that that it'd been her on the other end for sometime. But he'd never expected or intended to reconnect with his past, yet, here he had been. It felt much different than back then, they were in different places and mindset and no longer teenagers trying to hide their dirty deeds. 

"Judging by your taste, It's clear, Saffron had to receive all of what you never got. I think there maybe hope for your home yet with her at the helm of decorating." The way she spoke, it'd given him the impression that she had wanted a father figure in their daughter's life, that she fully had no intent to bar certain interactions. The escalation of the use of her bed piqued that hypothesis even further which caused a sly smirk to curve at the corner of his lips towards her. "If you're so sure, I would need to test its durability to see just how strong of a bed you will need. If it's been repaired that often then it may be on its last legs sooner than you believe." His own way of being coy yet letting his own intention of willingness be known. It seemed that the kiss on that night may have sparked old feelings that had long been assumed buried in forgetfulness. 

Jonathan took a sip from the cup of coffee, the various shades of indigo and black that laced the outline of his eyes stared into the dark liquid that swished in the cup. "I'd be an idiot to place an assumption on what he may or may not know. There are plenty of factors, but I do not intend to tell him of her or of you." Trying to keep the both of them safe meant as much anonymity as he could offer, as long as it could go. His eyes shifted towards her hand and then traveled up to stare at the Half-Veela's features. He hadn't expected her to take it so well, but then he'd have been selling her short after experiencing what she could do when pushed. "I don't know if I will 'take over'. I'm a Hitman, they typically don't, leadership doesn't often come as part of the package or capability. I'm just placed in a . . . Peculiar situation with it." He hadn't earned enough accolades to create his own family, not by the bylaws of the Company.

"But if things manage out the way that some would desire it, then yes, in a way. Though something tells me that you're enjoying that thought for other reasons entirely."  

“I think that is how it goes for everyone when they are very young.” Holly replied, internally wincing at a few of her own young and fumbling with magic memories. She knew some defensive and offensive spells now but when starting out she had been one of the worst students. The professor had once told her she not only lacked any real skill with that sort of magic but she was also not smart enough to think her way out of a box with two openings. That professor, thankfully, no longer worked at the school. This didn’t stop him from occasionally being mentioned on her show.

“I am assuming that is because babies are much easier to mould into ministry approved Aurors.” a shrug followed that, since that seemed the only logical reason behind some of the Aurors and their ages. It was also likely because they would hopefully last longer on the job, especially those who worked in the departments that dealt with more serious crimes; crimes that Jon was probably well aware of and likely the perpetrator in a few.

That thought should have made her pause this entire encounter and question whether allowing him into Saffron’s life was the smartest of ideas. Holly was sure it would stop many a witch and make them evaluate but, oddly enough, she was confident that this decision was a good one. That evening when Saffron had been kidnapped was enough proof that due to her half breed status she would be a target for one group or another.

“Do not call me ma’am. I’ll never be respectable enough for that title.” she replied, playfully slapping Jon on the arm “You listen to my show?” she asked, she had been on the radio for more than a few years now and though she didn’t really think it was that popular compared to some of the others knocking about on the wireless, she had a steady enough following to go on for a few more years.

She laughed at Jon’s comments of her home being saved with Saffron heading up the decoration procedure “You are probably right there, though, she is not exactly quite good with the colour coordinating yet and she’d going through a very bright colour phase, which, might leave me with a very orange home.”

“I’m sure we can think up some way too test the durability of my poor bed.” she would not be against a round or two with Jon. He’d gotten more attractive as he’d grown and it would be interesting to see how they’d both grown in that area since being horny teenagers.

Holly sipped her coffee slowly, taking in everything Jon was saying and trying to work out if there was some underlying meaning too his words. What she was picking up was simply he had no idea what his father did know, which could be any manner of things at this point “I can’t really imagine that your father would be very interest in me, but, I can’t pretend to know how the mind of a mafia boss works.” the fact that Jon outlined his job within the Yakuza as a hitman didn’t faze Holly, it was pretty much what she assumed – well after a fashion.

“Oh, I’m enjoying that thought for some very bad naughty girl reasons. I mean, let’s be honest, you are almost literally a real life bad boy, hard on the outside with a somewhat forbearing core. Though, I do think the average bad boy loving girls likes a more pliable core.” she shrugged at the slight tease, it was probably better to pull away from the serious side of the conversation since she couldn’t see that there would be much else that would be safe to discuss.

"I'm unsure of that. If I remember you were quite skilled in several things." A coy smirk stretched from his lips with a side glance towards Holly. If anything, she'd been able to skillfully keep up with him in the sheets their time back in Tallygarunga. Though it perhaps couldn't be called much skill at that age, he understood that with true practice one could only get better and the correlation between then and now had been by massive margins in his opinion. "It is as they so, though, people go into schools and higher education institutions to get better. A bit of experience doesn't hurt either that's the route I prefer for myself." While the knowledge he learned in Tallygarunga couldn't all be called useless it also couldn't fully be called useful finding that it hadn't prepared him for much when it came to encountering the unknown factors of the world. 

"I certainly don't mind that route for them. It makes my job far more easier, as boring as that is for me." An easy job wasn't a truly dangerous job, nothing that caused his blood to pump or his heart to beat from his chest as if his life had been placed on the line. Maybe he hadn't been fully sane but it'd been the type of life he wanted, the need to hold that feeling of actually being alive. It did mean that he needed to put a few people in the grave far earlier than they intended but at least he would allow for it to be quickly and painless. That's the very least he could do for someone simply doing their job. 

Jon snickered as he felt the force of her playful slap against his arm. "Here I thought your aim was to become one eventually." His head nodded smoothly towards her question. "For a few years now. It hadn't been intended." The words were stated as a way to state he hadn't been stalking her. "My second had been messing with the radio at the office one day and it popped up. So if I can remember or if no other work takes me away from it I tune in." He had to admit that hearing her voice held a profound effect on him, Love? Lust? Some form of affectionate emotion that caused him to tether on to her through the years. The more that he thought about it the more he wondered if that even had been a healthy thing in the first place let alone supportive of her show. 

"Orange is still good, it could always be worse." He smiled towards her as he leaned his back into the cushion of the couch and raised an arm to rest on the back of it. "She could always douse it in the blackest black. Then you'd have people driving by saying, 'That's the creepy ladies house'." There'd been very few black painted houses but those that did exist didn't hold the greatest appeal or reputation where his Father came from. 

If nothing else, Jonathan had been a man that tested danger and daring by placing himself and those around him steady enough against that edge. As soon as the words left from Holly's lips his hand slightly waved, trying to apparate the cup of coffee from her hands on to the table neatly placed and then the arm extended to wrap around her waist and try to pull her fully onto his lap. His eyes lifting up to settle the Black and Indigo rings right onto her gaze. "When have we ever relied on a bed?" The couch would be as good, even the nearby wall or against the window. He hadn't been picky and was far more adventurous and shameless. 

An eyebrow arched his lips still held a smirk, no matter the conversation having her this close to him felt like an intoxicating drug. His mind flashed to the night of Saffron's kidnapping after the warehouse had been set a blaze. "Power. A Veela even partly one, holds power in them that could be used. Something that Wizard's and others hardly would know how to properly defend against. Have you ever wondered why the Government requires Non-Humans and Half-Breed's to register their abilities? Not just for identification. But to learn how to stop or even kill them." There had been a good reason he never gave that list to the Government, finding ways to avoid them entirely every step of the way in that regard. 

Jonathan shook his head lightly with a brief amused grunt that pulsed from him, one of his hands slipped lower and glided along Holly's ass. "And are you going to show me your 'Naughty reason'? Or will I have to just guess and feel my way around?"