Tallygarunga | The Australian Potterverse
pxmBtN.png
Sturt
Flinders
Spencer
Bourke
Sign in to follow this  
Eudoxia Miller

Complete Pray You Catch Me (Jan. 21 2018)

Melbourne ☆ Creative Director Melbourne DanceKay
Halfblood Human ☆ her/she

The fallout was predictable, what else did one expect when the news of a secret child got out, not to mention the news that he was 17 and not a small child. Doe had not met the woman who had kept this from the family but she could understand her, Atlas had 5 children with 5 different women. It was the sort of thing that would make any woman think twice not to mention the fact that he was not a sable man before now. Doe was angry too, very angry… Her father, the fact she missed out on the man who had stood in her kitchen. It caused her to sigh heavily. 

It was a spur of the moment quick trip… She had also not planned to stay too long. Quite honestly she doubted Jason would notice she was gone except he may miss a hot meal or two. Things had just felt so off between them since the baby. Maybe it was her? Then again she had no real idea what was wrong. They had not really had much of a chance to talk to each other. Which had been the worst part of all of this. So much was kept inside of her it had been driving her insane. She folded one of her shirts and tossed it into her suitcase. She had needed to talk to him but if he didn’t come home soon she would be telling him she was going to Greece via note. It was not ideal… but then not much had been ideal. 

She walked into the bathroom to grab her cosmetics and she heard the door. The kids had been put to bed. Silas had been excited talking about his new uncle. So it was a good thing he was asleep and was not about to tell Jason that Uncle Orion had been over, not before she had a chance to talk him. Placing the bag on her clothes she looked up as Jason entered the room. ”You are home early.” She said with a half smile.

Ministry ☆ Head of Magical Law Enforcement - Victorian Ministry of MagicScotteh
Pureblood Human

It was a busy time at the Ministry. With the Minister retired, and the transition phase going on, Jason was having to pick up some extra duties on top of his duties as the Head of Magical Law Enforcement. He was finding himself home less and less. He was sure this was having some affect on Eudoxia, but they had not really had much of a chance to talk. Once the transition phase was over though, Jason would have more time at home. He was just having to pull double duties, and work overtime. Add a new baby in the mix, and things were beyond stressful at home.

Today, however, Jason had gotten out of the office early. Everything had gone smooth through the day, and for that, he was pleased. It would give him and Doe a chance to actually sit down and talk to each other. 

Jason arrived at their home, and pulled his car into the garage. He made his way into the home. It was quiet. He figured the kids must have been asleep. He made his way into the room where Eudoxia was....

Packing?

"Yeah... I was able to get out early. Everything ran smooth. Er, are you going somewhere?"

She supposed it would come to a head at some point. The fact was he had not been home and when she had attempted to see him at work she had been turned away. It was not as though she had been purposely absent, he was home late and she was usually exhausted by the time he got home, she tried to stay up but she usually just ended up falling sleep. They had such brief interactions recently and he seemed to have a lot on his mind and she didn’t want to burden him further. She closed her suitcase as he looked at it. At least she was not to tell him she ws gone with an Owl. She let out a small sigh as she nodded. ”I am.” Things seemed so tense in her brain these days and it was likely because she had not ben talking to him. 

She had not been able to get to the studio with the kids, Atlas had been a big help but it was not her father’s job to take care of her kids. ”I need to go to Greece for a few days.” She said with a small sigh. ”I’ll be taking the kids with me so you don’t have to worry. I know you are busy. It wont be very long.” She said with a deep sigh. It was a mess honestly her grandparents were furious and it was on Doe to smooth it all out. It always was on her to smooth it all out. It stressed her out further but that was something she could at least do somewhere… 

”How was work?” She would tell him about the family issues but she didn’t want to just jump into it. Not yet. 

Pureblood Human

Jason looked at Eudoxia with a puzzled look. This was out of nowhere really. They hadn't been able to talk much lately, but it had been busy with everything going on at work and the transition phase. He felt bad about it, but she could have always stopped in at the office and spoken with him. The fact that she was talking about leaving for a bit to go to Greece, and then asked him about work as though this was an unimportant event irked him a bit though.

"Work is unimportant. Not when you're just sitting here packing a bag as if it's no big deal." He looked it over a moment. "Were you going to leave while I was at work?" He asked, furrowing his brow. 

"What's going on here, Doe?"

What was going on here? She let out a small huff of laughter as he spoke… if he had been around he may know what was going on here. ”Family issues.” She explained flatly and then realized she needed to be a little more transparent right now. Though she found she did not want to start a fight, she felt it was unavoidable at this point. ”What is going on here is that you aren’t home anymore, not in the hours I am awake, its just me and the kids and now I have to deal with the Atlas drama.” She could feel the tension rising her a she looked at him. It was maddening sometimes. She was packing a suitcase true enough. ’I tried to come by work to talk to you but I was told I could make an appointment with you in 3 weeks.” She said with a bit of edge. 

”I can make an appointment to talk to my husband… do you have any idea how that sounds?” she shook her head. ”If you had come home early once in the past month I could have told you that I have another brother. One who for 17 years was unknown to the family, and worse unknown to Atlas for 15.” She said. ”I wouldn’t have left if I could help it, but Jason you are always at work.” Staying up late meant she would not be able to handle the kids the next day. ”I could have asked you to come home for lunch to meet my brother- who I met.” She asked him as she looked up at the ceiling. 

Pureblood Human

Jason stood there in disbelief. "You were told what?!" He was fuming. "Unacceptable. I will be speaking to my assistant, of course. Probably firing her, to be honest." Jason then heard what she said next. 

"Another one?" He asked, not meaning it how it came out of course. Then, she brought up his work again, and he grew frustrated. "You know that I have to be at work more right now. It's a busy time right now. I'd be home more if I could, and you know that. I'm stressing out at work enough as it is without having to listen to you tell me I'm not home much right now. Right now is the key words. Once all of this is over, and the new Minister is chosen, whether is is me or not, I will be home more." Jason said, a tone in his voice.

Wait.. You met? So, you brought someone here...that you don't really know... because they are your long lost family? Do you know how foolish that is? Were the children here?"

The fact he assistant would likely get fried didn’t make her any happier. The fact was, she still had not been able to see her husband when she had needed to. It had been a mess and she had been adamant, but she was still turned away. She had been furious but she didn’t think ripping the woman’s head from her body would have helped the situation. ”I don’t want you to fire her, but maybe if she knew that your wife was to be let through…” She explained her voice tired. An explanation she didn’t think would be necessary but it was. 

She bit back her remark for a moment as she processed what he said. Where did she start? ”I know that you are stressed but so am I.” She pointed out. ”the kids are wonderful but they are a full time job. And one I do without help, right now.” She mimicked his words. ”And yes I know but that doesn’t make it easier.” She said. 

Foolish? 

She felt like he had slapped her. ”He is my brother.” It was fairly clear that the boy was related to them, he looked like their father. ”of course they were here.” She had not seen the problem with her family coming over for lunch. ”Are you saying I am a bad mother? That I was foolish and didn’t put our kids safety first?” she asked him her fists clenched. ”He is a teenage boy who grew up in a very good community… it’s not like I invited a monster into our home.”

Pureblood Human

Jason huffed. "I didn't say that you were a bad mother, I am just merely pointing out that you made a very foolish decision." He said, and started pacing."Where somebody grows up does not determine what type of person they are. You know that just as well as I do. You did not know what type of person you were bringing into this home with our children. So, yes, very foolish." Jason stopped pacing a moment, and looked at Eudoxia. 

"Did you even think about it, or are you so blinded by love for family that it crossed your mind? Or, here's a thought, inviting someone we don't know into our home without even asking me about it first. You could have talked to me about it at any time, so don't you dare start making excuses." They didn't argue much, but when they did, it was venomous from both sides. 

"Use your brain every once in a while instead of your heart."

”Right…” She stared him down as he paced, she was determined, always and the fact he had called her judgement into question when it came to their children… It hurt. She wouldn’t have brought him in if she didn’t think he could be trusted to make decisions. She swallowed. ”He is a kid Jason.” There was very little that she thought Orion would do to the children. ”So you are saying I cannot be trusted with our children.”She said looking at him her jaw set. The anger that flared through her attempting to leave through her pores. 

”Any time? How Jason how was I supposed to talk to you about it? I tried to see you… I am not making an excuse. Do you think I wanted to deal with all of this alone?” She asked him. ”My what?” she laughed out of the sheer shock of what he said. She wanted to say something else, but she decided not to. The situation was already terrible. ”You are right I am so very flawed how can I ever be trusted to do anything without you around?” She said. Raising her hands in a shrug. 

”I am not a bad mother but I am stupid and foolish…” She shook her head. The tears were threatening to fall as they welled in hurt and anger, her waterline was blurry. She had been worried about him pulling away from her… and this…maybe he was? Maybe she was not good enough for him anymore… it had been a worry for a while. She looked up at the ceiling and hoped that she would hold it together. 

Pureblood Human

"Kid? You said he was unknown for seventeen years. He is legally an adult as far as wizarding standards go. That is no kid. Age isn't a factor on whether or not somebody may do something." Jason looked at her. "I didn't say you couldn't be trusted with our children, either." He said, growing more and more frustrated.

"Alone? You turned down my offer to find somebody to help out. Kind of like Keith had done. We could find someone, get to know them, and hire them as a nanny. You turned down that idea. Someone to help you around the house. You turned it down." Whenever she made the comment about how in the world she could ever be trusted to not do things whenever he wasn't around, he scoffed. "Don't give me that crap. You know very well that you can do whatever it is you please. However, when it comes to people we don't know being around our children, in our home, I would like to know."

Jason rubbed his eyes with his thumb and forefinger. "Yes, foolish. You're making poor decisions. You aren't thinking things through. That would be foolishness." He looked at the bags. "You're not coming back. That's what this is, isn't is?"

Biting her lip she looked at him. ”What kid is ready to make adult choices at 17?” the rhetorical question flew out. There was no 17 year old that was ready for that, but his age was not a factor. None of this was about his age. ”No, but you are questioning my judgement when it comes to our children.” Which hurt, he didn’t trust her to put their safety first. ”When have I ever not put them first?” It was something she had always done. ”I left my career with the ministry to be here with them.” There were many things that had contributed to it, but her son had been the biggest factor, someone had to be there for Silas. 

”Because you were supposed to be here more.” That had been part of the reason, not to mention she had not liked the idea of someone else raising her kids when she could do it. She just thought he would be here. ”Can I do what I please? like having my brother over for lunch. Just consider he was taken out of his life where he thought he was just a kid and then he was thrown into a mess of a family- had something happened I could have handled myself. I did just fine taking care of myself before I met you. I have the experience on my side.”She had done fine without him. 

”You don’t trust me.” She said. Listening to him accuse her once again about her poor choices she flinched.”What?” She shook her head. Taking a moment to wipe her cheek. ”It is just a few days. To deal with the fall out.” She placed her hands on her hips. ”Which I am doing fine with by the way, Not that you asked.”

Pureblood Human

Jason looked at her. "Yeah, because your experience has helped out out so well in the past." He said, referring to the situation with Malcolm. "But, yeah, you're right. You're a big girl. You can handle it. You've done so well recently."

Jason stared at her for a moment. "I'm sure you are doing just fine with it, Eudoxia. I'm sure you'll continue to do just fine with it. As a matter of fact, take all the time you need. Have a great trip. See you if you decide to come back." With that, Jason turned, and walked out of the room towards their personal gym, slamming the door behind him. Whenever he got in there, he immediately began hitting the punching bag that was in there. 

It wasn't right of him to say those things to her, however, it had been foolish of her to allow someone into their home she hadn't ever met away from the kids. How could she be so stupid? He thought he'd at least taught her to scope people out first. It was beyond frustrating.

Doe was not an open person. She kept so much of herself guarded, and she had let Jason in. told him the things she most regretted in life, the things that made her question if she deserved happiness and he had thrown them in her face. It left her speechless. She watched him for a moment as he twisted the knife he had just gutted her with. Her mouth opened but nothing came out. She couldn’t think of what to say… She was angry but the worst part was he had hurt her. Questioned her judgment, revealed how little he trusted her after all this time and he told her to go. The door slammed and she winced as the sound reverberated in the room and the sound of Persephone crying. Wiping away the tears that had dared betray her by falling with the back of her hand she took a deep breath. 

It would take her a few minutes to get the kids together, but she went to grab the baby before she woke Silas. She had planned on leaving in the morning but she couldn’t stand to be in the house any longer. Silas was cranky and hard to get ready but she just needed him to walk on his own enough for them to get to where they needed to be. She thought about leaving a note. But what did she say in it? What was the point. She was not going to get him to see her side of things. Looking around she sighed before the door closed behind her and she loaded the kids in the car.